Thread: Best Memories From RSE

Default Best Memories From RSE

Reposting this after the one I made last week was lost (RIP). =D

With the Ruby and Sapphire remakes coming out in November, I thought it would be nice if we share our best memories from the Gen 3 Hoenn games.

I have many good memories from playing RSE, but one of the most memorable was when I experienced the games for the first time. It was Christmas 2003 and my cousin showed me her new Sapphire game and let me play it for a while. I was so impressed by the new Pokemon and how improved the graphics looked compared to Gens I and II. It was really exciting and made me want my own copy. I got my Ruby a few months later.
    ~ * * ~

My post is gone too, I remember most of what I wrote but not exactly how I wrote it. So I'll rewrite everything and hope it stays about the same.

I have many memories from the R/S/E era, mostly positive. Three things stand out to me the most, and they would be the following.

Getting Ruby on the (European) release date in July 2003. I had a lot of fun with the game, although it had a strange start. I could not start playing it immediately after getting it due to some complications with getting home, and then once I got home, I could only play it for that day and for two more days as I was going on a week-long camp afterwards. I clearly remember that I had gotten the first 6 badges before I left which from my perspective in the present means that I rushed the game to an extreme extent. Having a week-long break from the game also made me appericiate it more once I got back to it. The game itself was fantastic, it felt like a huge step up compared to the first two generations, though it isn't that strange since it was much more advanced, being on a new system as well as introducing a lot of new things to the series.

Playing the games together with friends. R/S and to a lesser extent Emerald were the last games in the series that I played together with another real-life person. It was mainly one friend, he had Sapphire and I had all games, we played together and had lots of fun. There were some others too, though I didn't play with them as much. I still have most of them saved in my games as various Secret Base trainers which have helped me a lot with training throughout the past 8 years or so.

Trying to win at the Battle Frontier in Emerald. This is the one thing I have spent the most time on in R/S/E and in any Pokemon game so far. Hundreds of hours put into planning Pokemon and teams, breeding, EV-training, normal training, and then battling. And yet I am still not done as I am missing two Gold Symbols which I should currently be focusing on getting, but I haven't been working on it as much as I would have wanted because I lack motivation and I find other games that I am currently playing to be more enjoyable.

I like R/S/E a lot, and I have had a lot of fun with them. Emerald was my favorite game for long while. Despite that, I have almost no hype for OR/AS, but I'm not going to get into that since it doesn't belong here.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 13th December 2014 at 11:07 PM.

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

For me it was getting Sapphire version back in 2003; I had the best summer ever with that game. Buying a Link Cable and Ruby version and trading with Sapphire for the first time was a good memory as well, plus completing my National Pokedex in Sapphire was great too.

Finally capturing Latios in Ruby has to be my best memory.During the main storyline,I wasted my Master Ball on Groudon,so I spent a lot of time trying to wear down the Eon Dragon.Eventually,I managed to trap him thanks to my Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag and caught him in an Ultra Ball.

I had caught my Rayquaza in an ACTUAL POKEBALL.

I can't find my game, so i just went onto Ebay and bought a brand new batteried up copy of Emerald (like a fool haha!) for $35.00!

edit: Found him in a copy of Platinum I had PalParked him into!

http://i.imgur.com/NI66Xf4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FcRse98.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/py4gvSM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jheqQ2s.jpg
    Last edited by ChicaSkas; 29th October 2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added pics
    My friend code is: 3282 3037 3656
    Name: Chica

My Friend Safari:
    Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt and Gastrodon.

I LOVE Meowth!

I actually hatched my ONLY legit Shiny ever in Emerald. It was a Meowth born on Christmas.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

When Ruby and Sapphire first came out I really didnt care much for the game due to the lack of Pokemon, but I did naturally treasure the Groudon/Kyogre Scenes, and it even made it better when Emerald Version came out with the National Dex and Battle Frontier, to this day I still treasure the Scenes that show Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza

I did catch a Shiny Zubat in Granite Cave on Sapphire back in the day. Just transferred it to PokeEmerald today.
    Last edited by ChicaSkas; 29th October 2014 at 7:01 AM.
    My friend code is: 3282 3037 3656
    Name: Chica

My Friend Safari:
    Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt and Gastrodon.

I LOVE Meowth!

When I won the Pokemon League in Ruby with my under 50 level pokemons. I thought it could take atleast 5 times before I could win it but it only took one.
    3DS Friend Code: 1564-4474-4935

Defeating Pyramid King Brandon to get a gold symbol using my Starmie, Aggron and Ursaring.

Iorn Hand

^Winning symbols at the Battle Frontier was definitely a great memory for me as well. I wasn't very good at the Battle Frontier back when Emerald first came out, so I struggled a lot with it. Even when I got better at raising Pokemon and battling, I've still had some unlucky losses over the years. So, finally earning all the silver symbols & winning the three gold symbols I have were very happy moments for me.
    ~ * * ~

From my perspective, the one moment that stood out happened in Pokémon Emerald Version. That was when I had caught either Kyogre or Groudon (it's been almost a decade). I realized that I had those two and Rayquaza captured; it was especially difficult since two of those Pokémon had to be caught in different ways, and I wasn't used to trying to capture any of the legendary Pokémon without a Master Ball. (An honorable mention revolved around finding out that all of the three were available.) Almost a decade later, that remains the best events from these games put together as well as one of the best in any game.
    I am slowly and gradually (but surely) changing for the better and believe that it will be reflected by my actions and decisions. Will I always succeed in decency and self-discipline? Most likely not. Am I perfect? Never; I am a human being and will therefore make errors. Will I try to live and act the proper way whilst being as close to perfect as humanly possible? Absolutely! I'm not as good as I should be, but I'm better than I once was.

I was trying to remember if I had any noteworthy happy memories from playing Emerald; I guess that beating the Elite Four counts since I did it with my regional team as opposed to trading over my Blaziken from Sapphire. Arriving at the Battle Frontier was also cool; I remember getting goosebumps when I heard the BGM. :P

Probably the first time I linked my Gameboy Advance with another Gameboy Advance.
    My parents got me a link cable and I took it to school to play Pokémon against my friends.

I also enjoyed it when Latios randomly appeared as a wild Pokémon in the grass.
    Sadly I accidentally killed him.
    Every day when I would sit in the school bus to go home, one of the kids in the bus would help me out to get further in the game.

First time I played Emerald was with a shiny new Gameboy Micro needless to say I literally took it everywhere (still do in case I get bored). Catching all three regis was pretty fun, I actually enjoyed the diving aspect of the game over surfing. I felt like diving in the sea brought a sense of mystery and adventure.

2001' Pokemon Crystal team. Johto is my favorite region of Pokemon

F.C. 5301 1327 4714

I got Ruby for my birthday in August 2003, I loved it right from the start. My best memory from it is prebably when I finally defeated the Elite Four that October, I was stuck on Drake for ages. We were on holiday in a cabin in the highlands at the time, there was loads of snow. That was a good holiday, Pokemon and snow together make for a nice memory

Well for starters, I got Ruby at the same time as my brothers (it was the first, and thus far the only time it's happened) mainly because the one brother ended up getting a second copy of Ruby on accident, so he gave it to me. I don't remember if it was their birthday, Christmas, or what, but that same day, we started up our games and had a race to see who would finish the game first. (I don't remember who won.)

I have a lot of memories of playing through Ruby for the first time, but one of my favorite ones is post-game. I was just Surfing in Route 118, when I suddenly stopped one square away from landing on the beach. For whatever reason, I decided to turn around, and I ran into Latios for the first time. It was pretty awesome just how randomly sudden it was.

I also swear I caught Rayquaza in a PokéBall, but it might've been on one of my brother's games when I was just playing with it for whatever reason.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Oh, there's too many... I remember when my brother bought the game in this special packaging, we found the guidebook in the back. He used it for everything. As for myself, I remember being told once you get 100 successful launches at the space station, you could go to space. And I believed that, and checked it every day. Still, to this day, I love deoxys. Then there's always the guy in Emerald, in Rustboro City who wants you to tell his daughter a funny phrase. Oh, I had a good time with that.

I still love the original RSE. My first game was sapphire, so I have so many memories.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Well, getting it the first place was cool, with my cousins both getting a version before me at christmas, i remember being afraid that I wasnt gonna get one. I did, and since one of my cousins had picked mudkip, while the other picked torchic, I remember having to go with treecko, which made me really happy when Ash got it in the anime too.

Finally getting my own rayquaza after my cousin had it for years was also an awesome feeling.

I'll be honest here: I got Sapphire a long time after it came out. You know how GameStop used to have old GameBoy cartridges for cheap without their boxes? I'm pretty sure I picked it up from that display. I think my fondest memory has got to be the one and only time I beat the E4. I used a Swampert, a Kyogre that I'd taught Thunder, and a Flygon I was originally training to learn Dig (since I'd sold the TM), but then started training in earnest once I'd seen what Flygon looked like. And that was it. I had no idea what specialties the various members of the E4 had but I do remember sweeping through them all with only three pokemon.

I clocked up over 100 hours on that game then just gave it away to a friend. *sigh*

I'd also heard the '100 launches' myth... supposedly, when they launched the 100th rocket, you'd be allowed to ride along, and the journey into space would take a looooonnnnnng time... but after so long, there would be a scene where you could catch Jirachi! So I played Sapphire... and every week the launch count went up by one... and FINALLY the count reached 100! And... nothing happened. Oh well...

I still had fun catching Kyogre!
    1392-6558-7931 Normal Safari (Teddiursa, Loudred, Ditto)

I remember getting ruby version for my birthday and catching a shiny Poochyena the same day. That's my favorite memory.

The cut scenes of Kyogre and Groudon fighting plus Rayquaza coming down from the sky to end the fighting. Also going to the Battle Frontier was incredible, Emerald remains the best hoenn game of all time.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Annoyed about the lack of Emerald elements in the game. Annoyed about Ash releasing Goodra in anime.

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.