1 6.67%
  • Wallace

2 13.33%
  • Juan

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite R/S/E Gym Leader

Default Favorite R/S/E Gym Leader

R/S/E had several endearing Gym Leaders: Which ones did you all like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

I have a slight crush on Flannery and Wallace in particular. I think Flannery's very chic and Wallace is so elegant and fabulous in general as well. I also like Roxanne a bit based on her design and because she's so intelligent.

I like Norman. Not that I thought that he was a particularly difficult leader to beat or he utilized an interesting battling style. I liked that it brought the story full circle in that your character gets the chance to challenge his/her father and ultimately step out of his shadow.
    Grey Wing

My friend code: 0963-0723-5805

Purely in the games I think Flannery had the most personality. If the Pokemon Adventures Manga is included then Norman was pretty epic, even if he seemed like a jerk at first. Wattson was always fun too. The rest were a little bland for me though.

Roxanne, Flannery and Winona! I wanna be their bf!

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

Roxanne for me. I have a hard time finding any good reasons for why though, I just like her. To start with, I think her design is wonderful, and it got even better in OR/AS. Out of the three Rock-type Leaders through the generations, I like her the best (albeit I don't dislike Brock or Roark, I just don't like them as much). She uses a Nosepass which is a really unique choice for a signature Pokemon, so that's something. Plus, she uses a lot of fossils in the Emerald rematches as well as in the PWT, which is really cool.

But my head's down on the pavement, wondering where the years went
    All the time I spent, under eyes full of contempt
    My mind's still a crutch as I stand at the edge of what's ahead, I'm frozen instead

My favourite Hoenn Gym Leader has always been Wallace. He uses my favourite type and one of my favourite Pokemon ever, Milotic. I think his design is fabulous and amazing as well.

Winona's also one of my favourites and I think the twins are cute too.
    ~ * * ~

I'll go with Norman and Winona.Norman because of his "pursuit of power" and Winona because her design is gorgeous and I like all of her Pokemon design-wise,especially Altaria.

Juan, he was a cool character in Emerald and I enjoying battling him in the gym.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Winona and her Dragon Dancing Altaria.

Also her rematch team in Emerald is quite diverse, even though I never got that far myself.
    Y Wonderlocke (Champions) - Pancake the Gooda, Lopunny, Mapleleaf the Serperior and Espeon.

Ruby Wonderlocke (Champions) - Electrode, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Glaceon, Dustox and Thumper the Steelix.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Winona because her design is gorgeous and I like all of her Pokemon design-wise,especially Altaria.
    I am definitely a fan of Winona's design and think it's gorgeous too.

Altaria's design is pretty cute as well imo as I love how fluffy it is. In fact, I think Altaria is what made me like Winona in the first place - I thought it was such a cool and strong Pokemon that I just had to like the Gym Leader who introduced me to it as well.
    ~ * * ~

Flannery. I always had a "crush" on her. She had the best design and the most memorable personality. Plus she uses Fire types, my favorite type at the time.

Flannery for me. She was one of the few memorable characters in RSE. Winona was cool too, but I forgot to vote for her in the poll, haha.

I liked both of the Sootopolis Gym Leaders, Wallace because he looks fabulous and Juan because he looks cool. I liked Juan better than Wallace because I tend to prefer cool over beauty for my choices.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 28th May 2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Change of grammar
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

I've always liked Juan, he's a way much better ladies' man than Wallace never was. Juan is such a cool-looking man, and I have a soft spot for these little older men in anime and games I was so very disappointed because he was NOT included in ORAS >< And I'm still a little mad because of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    I liked both of the Sootopolis Gym Leaders, Wallace because he looks fabulous and Juan because he looks cool. I liked Juan better than Wallace because I tend to prefer cool over beauty for my choices.
    I wasn't a huge fan of Juan back in the Gen 3 days, but I like him now and think he looks cool, too. His hairstyle and clothes are so fancy looking and I like that a lot.
    ~ * * ~

Quote Originally Posted by SpoinkyPearl View Post
    I've always liked Juan, he's a way much better ladies' man than Wallace never was.
    He just lacked appeal to me. Wallace should've stayed as Sootopolis Gym Leader in Emerald imo since Juan wasn't really as cool or as handsome in my opinion. :x

My favourite female Hoenn Gym Leader would be Winona because of her Pokemon team, mainly the Skarmory and Altaria (the illegal Dragon Dance back in RSE).
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims: