Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3623

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I caught Feebas and evolved it into Milotic. Now the Hoenn dex is complete! [on Leaf Green] 370 Pokes now in the dex, and Im hunting for a Light Ball Pikachu in the Safari Zone.

I entered the Sootopolis City Gym after I stopped the Groudon that was causing droughts all over Hoenn. I started walking on the icy floor, but I made a mistake and I fell through to the bottom room, and I had to battle some trainers there. I headed out to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after that, and once I was back at the Gym I decided that I may as well battle against the other Gym trainers to earn some experience points. I kept battling until all the Gym trainers were beaten, but my Pokemon still weren't exactly strong enough to battle against Wallace's team. I healed my Pokemon again and purchased some items at the local Poke Mart, then I went underwater and I battled some of the wild Chinchou and Clamperl that appeared in the seaweed. That wasn't enough though, so I went back to the Cave of Origin and I trained there. I then returned to the Gym and saved.

So I had never played R/S/E before and wanted to try a solo nuzlock challenge. My run with Blaziken was going swimmingly, until I ran up against the Champion's freaking Rain Dance team.

Seriously? A ran dance team? It makes picking the fire starter completely absurd

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

I went back to the Sootopolis City Gym after I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and after walking across the ice without breaking it, I arrived at Wallace's spot and I challenged him to a battle. He sent out his Luvdisc and I used my Manectric against it. I beat Luvdisc with Shock Wave, and Wallace sent out his Whiscash after that. I used my Vileplume against it, and I defeated it with Mega Drain atack. I used my Hariyama against Wallace's Sealeo next. I defeated it with Brick Break and I battled his Milotic after that. I used Blaziken at first and I managed to inflict a lot of damage with Sky Uppercut, but Milotic used Water Pulse, which hurt Blaziken. Manectric defeated it instead, and then I used my Swellow against Wallace's Seaking. I beat it with a couple of Aerial Ace attacks, and I won the Rain Badge from Wallace as well as the Water Pulse TM. I then saved the game.

OT: Kirito
    ID: 35966
    Badges: 1
    Pokedex: 9

So I decided to do a quick playthrough of Emerald in order to get all the necessary Gen III Pokemon I was missing from my Pokedex in Black. So, I chose the male protagonist because I do not like May's character sprite. I named myself Kirito after my new favorite anime, any guesses? I chose Torchic because I really want to use some cool water Pokemon this time besides Mudkip (even though I really like Mudkip ^_^). And so far I am searching for Steven to deliver a letter and level grind for the gym battle with Brawly. And while attempting to grind on Tentacruel, I managed to run into a Shiny Magikarp. My heart skipped a beat, I thought I was dreaming; I didn't care if it was just a Magikarp, it was a freakin' shiny! So after a few meager attempts with Pokeballs, I decided that I should try to weaken it first. My Nincada used Scratch and low-and-behold it got a critical hit and killed it. :/ Now I am veeeery frustrated.

Torchic
    Level 12 | Bashful | Female
    Scratch | Growl | Focus Energy | Ember

Muffins the Poochyena
    Level 12 | Gentle | Female
    Tackle | Howl | Sand-Attack

Priscilla the Ralts
    Level 12 | Quiet | Female
    Growl | Confusion | Double Team

Jocelyn the Taillow
    Level 11 | Quirky | Female
    Peck | Growl | Focus Energy | Quick Attack

Jonin the Nincada
    Level 11 | Gentle | Female
    Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

Dishes the Lotad
    Level 12 | Rash | Male
    Astonish | Growl | Absorb
    Last edited by Zerrah.; 4th February 2013 at 12:12 AM.

[Pokemon Black]
    0346-9762-6114

Running with Wolves - A Trade Thread

I headed out to the Sootopolis City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after I beat Wallace and obtained the last Hoenn Gym badge. I wandered off to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon after that, and I left the city via Dive. My next destination was Ever Grande City and the Pokemon League, so I Surfed toward the island. I battled some trainers in the ocean on my way to the island and my Pokemon gained some experience from those battles. I eventually arrived at Route 128 and then I arrived at the waterfall that separated the sea from Ever Grande City. I used Waterfall to climb it, and I arrived on the island. I visited the Pokemon Center, then I decided to journey through Victory Road to get to the Pokemon League, and also to do some training since my team still needed to level up a bit. I wandered through the first floor and I captured a wild Lairon. I saved the game on the next floor.

Admittedly, I'm not going to start from the beginning, I'm just going to start where I left off when playing.

Having recently destroyed Archie at Mount Chimney, I went to the Jagged Pass to train. My team, at the moment, was VERY underleveled, with Ribrow the Electrike just being level 23. It was at this time I decided to drop Shinigami, a Sableye, from my team- although I like Sableye, I found that it was too cheap ingame. As such, I wandered in the grass at Jagged Pass, looking for a Spoink- Grumpig was an old favourite of mine, although I had never used it. I found Spoink in seconds- it was the first Pokemon I found there. Weakening it with my Combusken, Mekigo, I tossed a Great Ball at it, and caught it easily. He replaced Shinigami on my team, and to keep with the godly theme, I named it after the boar-like god in Okami- Bakugami.

The next few hours were spent training my team to level 26, with Venigra the Pelipper and Mekigo both being tranied to level 28. Ribrow, however, fainted too often for my liking, so I left him at level 25 and decided to level him up after I defeated Flannery. Going down the pass and entering Lavaridge for what felt like the thousandth time, I went to heal, and decided to go to the gym. Making my way through was quick and easy with Pokemon like Venigra and Mekigo, and I found Flannery after a short time. Bakugami continued to level up from the EXP Share I gave him, and soon, I took on the leader herself- Flannery.

Opening the fight with Venigra, I used Water Gun on the first Slugma, bringing it down to half health. However, it used Smog, which, though it barely scratched Venigra, poisoned him. Taking my chance when a well-placed Wing Attack took it down, I used my only Full Heal, having bought Lava Cookies before. However, this turned out to be a weakness, as the next Slugma not only used Light Screen, it then used Sunny Day to nerf Venigra's Water Gun even more. Even though Venigra is part water, he nearly went down to Flamethrower, and the next few turns were spent healing. Taking my chance when the Light Screen faded, I risked Water Gun once more, taking it down.

Now it came to the final Pokemon- Torkoal. Forgetting about Sunny Day, I used Water Gun- which didn't deal very much damage. Toarkoal then responded with Overheat, nearly taking down Venigra once more, and I was forced to heal him once more. During this time, Sunny Day faded, and I was free to use Water Gun once more. Toarkoal was brought down into the red, but it was healed by Flannery, and once more, I had to attack. After this pitiful attempt, it used Attract, and although Venigra attacked properly at first, he remained immobilised for FIVE TURNS before he would finally get a grip and send a Steel Wing to Torkoal, taking the last bit of its HP with Venigra nearly down as well. Maikvyle the Breloom saw nothing of this gym.

Leaving the Gym quickly, I went through my rival's speech before quickly rushing to the Pokemon centre, healing, and going to the place where the final Pokemon for my team was- the desert. Immediately running for the two fossils located there, I picked up the Claw Fossil and went to Rustburo (or however it's spelt) to revive it. Heading there immediately, I got it revived into Anorith, and I nicknamed it Ragnarok. Yes, Rock pun. A bad one at that.

Having returned to the desert, I fought the trainers with Maikvyle, having given Ragnarok an EXP Share, before I saved and quit.

Team so far:
    Mekigo, level 28
    Venigra, level 28 (Who, despite a feminine name, is male)
    Maikvyle, level 27 (I have no idea where this name came from.)
    Ribrow, level 26 (Oh yeah, he evolved.)
    Bakugami, level 26 (Hope he evolves soon.)
    Ragnarok, level 22

Former team members:
    Shinigami, level 24 (too cheap and easy to use)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 3rd February 2013 at 4:02 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I headed deeper into Victory Road after traveling around the first floor. I arrived at the dark part of the cave, and I had to use Manectric's Flash to light the way, but even that wasn't enough to completely fill the room with light. I battled against some Medicham and Hariyama as I moved around, then I started encountering trainers again. I was able to find my way around the cave until I came across a pond. I Surfed around, then I went back on land. I kept going until I had to cross a waterfall, then I arrived at the end of Victory Road. I battled the last few trainers as I moved toward the exit, but then Wally appeared and he challenged me to a battle all of a sudden. I defeated his Altaria with Manectric, then I beat his Magneton with my Hariyama. I used Swellow to beat Roselia, then my Azumarill against Gardevoir and Blaziken against Delcatty. I saved the game outside of Victory Road.

I am legitimately feeling so lucky right now. Upon raising all of my team except Bakugami (Spoink) and Ragnarok (Anorith) to level 28 (27 and 23 respectively) I returned to Petalburg to fight Norman, giving Ragnarok an EXP Share as I did so. It was a sort walk to Fallarbour, as I was armed with Super Repels and blazed there. Buying more to head through Meteor Falls with, I returned to Rustboro (the names in Hoenn are hard to spell), running through quickly, and heading south.

Soon, after ploughing through three trainers with Mekigo's (Combusken's) Double Kick, I faced off against Norman himself. Starting off with his Slaking and Mekigo, I used Double Kick again, weakening it easily. Unfortunately, just after Norman healed, Mekigo was taken down by a well-placed Facade, and I was left to send out Maikvyle (Breloom). He basically Mach Punched it to death, with its Effect Spore taking effect and poisoning Slaking. However, before it could use Facade again, it fainted from the poison. I sent out Bakugami to take the hits while I healed Mekigo and Maikvyle. It was taken down in a few hits, and I sent out the newly healed Mekigo to fight Vigoroth. Once more, I used Double Kick.

This was what I feared the most: Norman's second Slaking. Starting out with Venigra (Pelipper) to heal once more, it managed to survive another Facade and I, in a whim of a plan, used Supersonic. He was left with very low HP next turn, and my only option was to use Water Gun or switch. Taking the less risky option, I used Water Gun, and prepared for Slaking's final hit. However, in a surprising moment, Slaking hurt itself in confusion, leaving Venigra to attack with Wing Attack. During the next turn, I used Water Gun again, and, waiting for the attack, was even more shocked to see Slaking hurt itself in confusion again. Encouraged by this, I switched to Mekigo, who managed to strike first, leaving Slaking at a very low level of health. Knowing my luck had run out, I prepared for the attack, but, then...

For the THIRD TIME IN A ROW, the Slaking hurt itself in confusion again, defeating itself.

I saved right after this and went down here to post this, surprised and slightly fearful at my sudden burst of luck- especially after the disasterous Attract moment with Flannery.

Mekigo, level 28 (I blame Ragnarok for him not levelling up)
    Venigra, level 28 (Redemption after failing to attack that Torkoal)
    Maikvyle, level 28
    Ribrow, level 28
    Bakugami, level 27
    Ragnarok, level 24 (growing fast, thankfully.)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 5th February 2013 at 2:21 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

After I exited Victory Road, I headed to the main Pokemon League building and I healed my Pokemon there. I also stocked up on some items at the mart, then I headed out again since I wasn't quite ready to challenge the Hoenn Elite Four with my lackluster team of Pokemon. I had to do a lot more training in order to be prepared for the upcoming challenge, so I went back to Victory Road, which was really the only place I could train at in the game. I wandered around there while I battled against wild Medicham, Hariyama, Golbat, and Lairon. I stayed in there for about 30 minutes before I had to leave to heal my Pokemon again. I headed back there and I trained for at least another hour before I figured that I should take a break and focus on other stuff. I flew over to Sootopolis City and I Surfed south after diving underwater. I decided to visit Pacifidlog Town before challenging the Elite Four.

Well okie I started my Sapphire a while ago and...

Just defeated Flannery. It was a very close battle I could feel myself getting the adrenaline rush XD I just wanted the go-googles so I could catch a Trapinch. Well as soon as I got them I went to the Desert and captured a cacnea, while leveling up my team that consists of Grovyle, Kirlia, Swellow, Mightyena, Sableye, and Aron.

I am still there in hopes of getting a male Trapinch. :3 <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I decided to play a copy of Emerald I purchased at a garage sale.
    Okay I picked Treecko as my starter, captured Taillow and was lucky enough to capture a shiny Ralts. After making my way to the first gym I decided to battle Roxanne without doing some level grinding, horrible mistake. I took care of the gym trainers with ease, it was Roxanne's Nosepass that kept destroying my team.(I lost to her three times)I finally decided to level grind my Treecko so that it got a bit stronger, after this it was a piece of cake. I was happy I had finally defeated Roxanne, just as I was about to go heal my Pokemon the batteries died.

Edit: Before you guys say how could I lose to Roxane if I had Treecko, I resisted from using Treecko and was mostly using Ralts. I kept loosing because Treecko still didn't know a grass type move, because like I said I really didn't train him up as much up to that point compared to my other Pokemon.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th February 2013 at 8:30 AM.

I battled some Swimmers as I moved west toward Pacifidlog Town. I kept Surfing while battling some wild Pokemon too until I finally arrived on the floating island. I visited the Pokemon Center, then I went around to the little huts around the island and I talked to people there. I obtained the Return TM from an old man, and I learned about Mirage Island. I headed west again since I wanted to explore the area between Pacifidlog Town and Slateport City. I Surfed and I got caught in the currents. I was swept to different areas where I battled Swimmers in the water and other trainers on the little islands that were scattered around the route. I kept heading west since the currents kept pushing me in that direction, and I eventually arrived at Slateport City. I bought some items at the Pokemon Center, then I flew to Mossdeep City in order to do some training at Shoal Cave and nearby routes.

So I am still level grinding at the Desert and find that there are two fossils at the far right of it. I pick up the Claw Fossil because Anorith is cute X3 I continue to level grind but I got bored so I decided to maybe try at least the first trainer on my fathers gym.. Normans gym XD I thought it would be easy, but I thought way wrong. I almost got wiped out so I decided to defeat that trainer and head back to the desert to level up my pokemon a bit more.. at least get Aron to evolve to Lairon before challenging the gym again.

Well after grinding and failing to raise it to a Lairon because I got a bit impatient to wanting to do something else, I decided to go to the Trick House where I still need to do my first challenge. Entered and.. I need HM01 to cut the little trees. I went to Slateport so I could go pick an HM Slave, but naw decided to go to Verdanturf instead to try my hand at a contest. Entered with Swellow and it was a cool contest. After a good competition I came in fourth =_= I realized I needed to have created poffins for it first XD so.. that is where I am right now <.>

After exploring Shoal Cave again during low tide and visiting the surrounding sea routes in order to battle some Swimmers, I headed to Lilycove City since I wanted to purchase items at the Lilycove City Department Store. I wandered the store and after purchasing the items that I needed, I went to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon. I headed west toward the Safari Zone after that, and I decided to capture some more Pokemon there. I was lucky enough to run into a Phanpy and a Rhyhorn, and then I even found a wild Heracross. I headed out after that to do some more training at Victory Road, and after about an hour of grinding inside the cave, I went to the Pokemon League building. I swapped Pokemon on the PC again, and I went to challenge the Elite Four. Some guards checked to see if I had all the badges before letting me through, and I saved the game in Sidney's chamber.

Ok, I'm attempting my first ever Nuzlocke run, on Ruby. I have just recieved my Pokeballs from May, so the run has officially started.

Team atm:

Torchic(Kung Fowl) Lv8
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I headed over to battle against Sidney, and once I spoke with him and heard his motto, we began to battle. He sent out his Mightyena and I used my Blaziken against it. I was able to beat Mightyena with a single Sky Uppercut attack, then I moved on and used Manectric against Sidney's Sharpedo. I defeated it with Thunderbolt attack, then I used my Hariyama against his Absol. I defeated it with Brick Break, and I used my Blaziken against his Shiftry. I won that match with Flamethrower attack, and all that was left was Sidney's Cacturne. I used my Swellow's Aerial Ace to beat it, and I won that match. I left Sidney's room after I won the battle, and found Phoebe's room next. I challenged her and I beat her two Dusclops' with my Blaziken and Manectric. I used Azumarill against her Sableye, then my Blaziken and Aggron against her two Banette. I saved the game before moving on after that battle.

Since the last time,I haven't done much but I defeated the Elite 4 again and had some PokeNav battles for training.

Team:

Sceptile Lv.58 Male Quiet (Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/ThunderPunch/Brick Break) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Miracle Seed
    Gardevoir Lv.56 Male Serious (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Fire Punch) Ability:Synchronize Held Item:Leftovers
    Swellow Lv.55 Male Careful (Fly/Return/Facade/Steel Wing) Ability:Guts Held Item:Silk Scarf
    Tentacruel Lv.56 Female Careful (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Giga Drain) Ability:Clear Body Held Item:Mystic Water
    Aggron Lv.56 Male Gentle (Iron Tail/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Double Edge) Ability:Rock Head Held Item:Quick Claw
    Camerupt Lv.56 Male Careful (Eruption/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge) Ability:Magma Armor Held Item:Charcoal
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I had to heal some of my Pokemon with Full Restores after I battled against Phoebe because of how powerful her Pokemon were. I headed into the next room after taking care of that, and I met Glacia there. I battled against her and I used my Hariyama against her first Glalie and I defeated it easily with Brick Break attack. I used my Manectric against her first Sealeo afterwards, and I won that battle with Thunderbolt. I beat her Walrein with Thunder afterwards, and then I used Blaziken against her second Glalie. After I beat it with Flamethrower, I used Hariyama against her last Sealeo and I healed my Pokemon before leaving the room. I walked into Drake's room next and I battled him. I had a really tough time against Shelgon, but Blaziken came through eventually. I used my Aggron against his Altaria and then Azumarill against both his Flygon. I beat his Salamence with Manectric and Blaziken.

GRinding to a higher level never happened lol but I decided to confront every trainer on Normans gym before challenging him and capturing a zigzagoon and a wingull in between "breaks". Headed back in to finally Challenge Norman and... the battle was surprisingly easy. using Sableye and Aron only, I manage to defeat his whole team in a stamina and stall battle. Got my badge and went to Wally's parents house where I got surf and went surfing to the left of Petalburg. battled trainers and landed on Dewford. Continued surfing, battled more trainers and currently I am on the Abandoned Ship.

I healed my Pokemon before moving on to Steven's room. Once there we talked and then we began the battle. I used my Azumarill against his Aggron and I attacked it with Surf. That did a lot of damage, but Aggron survived the hit. I attacked it with Surf before it could use Solarbeam, then I used Blaziken against his Skarmory. I defeated it with Flamethrower and then I used Flamethrower against Steven's Metagross. I was able to beat it with just one hit, and I used Swellow against Steven's Armaldo. That was a bad choice though, so I switched to Azumarill and I beat Armaldo with Surf. I used my Hariyama against his Cradily and I won that match with a couple of Brick Break attacks, then I used Azumarill against Claydol and I won that battle with Surf. I met up with May and Professor Birch after I beat Steven, and I got myself registered at the Hall of Fame. Then the credits rolled.

After getting out of the abandoned ship I continued to surf towards Slateport, while battling trainers on the way. Upon arriving to slate port I healed my Pokemon and bought a few items for my secret base (which I still need to decided on lol) and headed towards Mauville City.

From there I decided to go to day care and pick Plusle up and Skarmory up while leaving Sableye. Switching Swellow and Sableye for them respectively. Left Mightyena to take Cacnea. Got out and into Mauville once again and found Wattson outside telling me to go to New Mauville. Went to my PC to get a random Lotad, teach it surf and went there.

Upon finishing said request I headed back, Wattson thanked me and I went to the next route towrards Fortree City. After battling trainers along the way, I found myself at the Weather Institute where I got a Castform after defeating Team Aqua. Got out and Battled Brendan.

Defeated him and arrived to Fortree where I am currently.

After I watched the credits and all that good stuff, I awoke in my room in Littleroot Town and I headed downstairs. I watched a television announcement about a Legendary Pokemon that was flying around and after taking care of stuff in my house, I headed out. I went over to Oldale Town in order to swap Pokemon and then I flew over to Lilycove City to do a bit of shopping at the local Department Store with some of my League prize money. After I stocked up on items there, I wandered over to the Safari Zone and I captured some more Pokemon. I flew to Slateport City after that and I headed north to the Trick Master's house on Route 110. I participated in the last puzzle there, and I received a Red Tent for my Secret Base from the Trick Master. I went over to Mauville City and I visited the Day Care Center to the west of town and I left some Pokemon there before heading out again.

After arriving at Fortree I wanted to go see the gym as soon as possible, but found it blocked by invisible object (finding out later its Kecleon) decided to continue on beyond Fortree to the next routes. Battled Trainers for quite a while and captured a few Pokemon for Pokedex <.>

Arrived to the Safari Zone where I was wasting a bit of time and then I looked up that I could capture a Pikachu so I looked for one for a while. Luckily (after 2 times on the Safari) I found a female one. Captured it and got out to go to Mt. Pyre.

Currently at Mt. Pyre.

Figures I get a Revive from my new Zigzagoon when I'm not allowed to use them.

Just got to Petalburg, and my team at the moment:

Stealth(Poochyena) Lv7
    Zigzagoon Lv8
    Kung Fowl(Torchic) Lv10
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast