Page 114 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3573

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I headed over to Lilycove City after I left some Pokemon at the Day Care Center. I was able to board the S.S. Tidal at the shipyard there and I went to the Battle Tower. I arrived and I participated in some battles, but I lost after a couple of rounds since my Pokemon weren't specifically trained for the competitive environment. I left the Battle Tower after that and I took another ride on the S.S. Tidal, this time from Slateport City to Lilycove City. I battled the trainers inside the ship on the way there, and I was able to meet up with Mr. Briney who was the new captain of the ship. After I healed my Pokemon and got other stuff done on the ferry, I arrived in Lilycove City and I participated in a Contest there. I wasn't able to win the fourth ribbon for my Manectric, but I still had fun and I made some PokeBlocks afterwards. I flew to Pacifidlog Town after that and I saved the game on my way to the Sky Pillar.

Got to Rustboro, I'm honestly surprised I haven't lost any Pokemon yet. Currently training my team for the gym. Oh, I've forgotten to nickname half of my Pokemon, so this is going well

Nincada Lv7
    Stealth(Poochyena) Lv11
    Zigzagoon Lv11
    Itemfinder(Zigzagoon) Lv6
    Slakoth Lv5
    Kung Fowl(Torchic) Lv14

No, the second Ziggy wasn't intentional. Hate using these rules, coulda had a Ralts and Tailow by now too.

EDIT: Of the Pokemon I currently have, I DON'T want to lose Torchic, Poochyena or Zigzagoon(Lv11 one)
    Last edited by Pink Lapras; 15th February 2013 at 1:48 AM.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I Surfed around the area where the Sky Pillar was until I finally arrived at the little island. I headed up until I arrived at the base of the tower, and then I entered it. I walked along the first floor and then I spotted the holes in the floor. I was able to avoid falling in, but I had to use my Mach Bike in order to cross over the weak areas. I continued climbing and I battled some wild Claydol and Golbat as I made my way higher into the Sky Pillar. I was able to find my way to Rayquaza's room after a while, and I challenged it to a battle. I was able to weaken it and then Paralyze it, but it still took a long time just to capture the darn thing. When I had finally succeeded, I headed back down the tower and I flew to Dewford Town. I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center there, then I headed over to Granite Cave to capture a wild Nosepass. I saved the game after I found and captured one in the rocks.

^Which game? You could have tried to SR for a shiny if you were patient enough.

I've decided that if I find a shiny during my Nuzlocke, I'm catching it regardless of the rules.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

I restarted Ruby version since I was getting tired of how lame the storyline is after the Elite Four. I started out as a girl this time and I chose my name and everything else before I awoke inside the moving truck in Littleroot Town. I went inside my house after my mother met up with me outside, and I wandered over to my room in order to set the clock. Afterwards, I headed back downstairs and my mother told me to watch a television broadcast because my dad was being interviewed. I left the house after that and I visited the other places around town before I wandered over to Route 101 in order to find Professor Birch. I found him there being chased by a wild Poochyena and I decided to help him. I chose a Mudkip from his sack and I battled the wild Poochyena. I beat it, and we went back to Birch's lab where I was told I could keep the Mudkip. I saved the game before heading north.

I haven't played this game in a while and I started playing it again. Anyways, I'm doing my adventure in Emerald this time and chose Torchic as my starter. Currently as of now, I'm at Fortree city and I just beat the gym leader there. I dunno what to do next but I guess I may as well head to the next town.

I went back to Route 101 and I battled some wild Zigzagoon along the way to Oldale Town, which was my next destination. I arrived in Oldale Town after training my Mudkip, and I visited the Poke Mart. I received a free Potion and then I went to the Pokemon Center to heal my Mudkip. I talked to people around town and since I couldn't go west yet, I headed north to Route 103 instead. I encountered Professor Birch's son Brendan there and I battled against him. My Mudkip was able to defeat his Treecko and then I headed back to Littleroot Town after that. I visited Professor Birch at his lab, and then I left town for good. I headed to Oldale Town, then to Route 102. I battled some trainers there and I captured a wild Zigzagoon and a wild Wurmple. I battled some more trainers and wild Pokemon as I headed to Petalburg City and I saved the game once I had finally arrived at my destination.

Surprise surprise, I actually made progress this time, beating both Roxanne and Brawly. Lucky not to lose a Pokemon on multiple occasions. I also nicknamed the rest of my Pokemon.

Furry(Zigzagoon) Lv16
    Stealth(Mightyena) Lv19
    Demon(Nincada) Lv17
    Kung Fowl(Combusken) Lv21
    Leeroy(Loudred) Lv20
    Glide(Wingull) Lv16

Currently at Slateport, I'll probably get the rest of my Pokemon up to at least Lv20 before challenging my rival, which would mean evolving Zigzagoon and Nincada.

EDIT: Evolved Nincada, making sure I got Shedinja as well. Which I probably will NOT use, definately not in a Nuzlocke run anyway. Now to get both Wingull and Zigzagoon to level 20 (also to get a Linoone, which will be helpful).
    Last edited by Pink Lapras; 5th March 2013 at 8:18 AM.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Shortly after arriving in Petalburg City, I got a tour of the town and I learned where the Gym was. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center before heading there, and once at the Gym I spoke with Norman my father. Some kid named Wally appeared and I was supposed to help him catch his first Pokemon. Wally was given a Zigzagoon to use and we headed out to some tall grass outside of town. Wally encountered and captured a wild Ralts and then we headed back to Petalburg City. Since I couldn't battle Norman for the Balance Badge yet, I decided to just stock up on items and visit houses around town. I finished everything that needed to be done and then I headed out to Route 104. I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass and I captured a wild Wingull, then I battled a couple of trainers and picked some berries before heading into the Petalburg Woods area. I saved.

Stuck grinding for the E4 since I'm at a really low level with my Pokemon, decided to go back to Fallarbor Town to go to Meteor Falls and catch a Bagon for my team so I can switch out someone else with it and get a Salamance to help against the E4. Currently have on team Sceptile, Cacturne, Lairon, Skarmory, Gardevoir, and Shelgon on team.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

I arrived at the Petalburg Woods after battling some Rich Boy on Route 104, and I captured a wild Shroomish and Slakoth in the tall grass upon arrival. I also met some Bug Catcher class trainers inside, but the most important encounter happened when I met a Team Magma grunt who was harassing a Devon Corporation employee. I battled against the Team Magma grunt and I defeated his Poochyena easily. I obtained a Great Ball from the Devon employee after that, and I continued wandering around the forest, training my Pokemon. I finally exited the forest after taking care of things, and I arrived near the Pretty Petal Flower Shop. I spoke to the girls inside and I obtained some berries and a Wailmer Pail. I also got the Bullet Seed TM outside and I picked some berries. I then battled some trainers as I headed north to Rustboro City. I saved the game when I had arrived in the city itself.

Decided that if I lose Pokemon, I won't release them, I want them on my Black 2 file at some point. Especially Shedinja, because I'm pretty sure I don't have one on my other games.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Once in Rustboro City, I wandered over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon. I then visited other buildings around town, and I stopped by the Trainers' School to pick up a Quick Claw from the teacher there. After picking up some other stuff while visiting the other places around town, I headed back to Route 104 and I trained my Pokemon for the upcoming Rustboro City Gym battle. I focused primarily on my Mudkip and Shroomish since they had the type advantage against Roxanne's Rock-type Pokemon. After training for about 30 minutes in the Petalburg Woods and surrounding areas, I went back to Rustboro City. I purchased some Potions at the Poke Mart and I went over to the Rustboro City Gym. I battled against the two Gym trainers that were inside, and I was able to defeat their Pokemon quite easily. I then arrived at Roxanne's spot, and I saved the game before battling.

At last, after days of extensive training and a month-or-so long hiatus, I finally got my team up to a reasonable level to take down Winona, and my last save started there. Bear in mind that this took a while- I failed many times due to that Altaria of Death and had to draw back to restock on Revives and Hyper Potions. The first Pokemon, a Swellow, was easy enough- I merely sent out Ribrow (Manectric) to Thunderbolt it to its demise. With its fall, I devised a strategy- chip its HP slightly with Mekigo's (Combusken) Quick Attack, and send out Maikvyle (Breloom) when it fainted to chip down its HP further. After this, I would send out Venigra (Pelipper) to confuse it with Supersonic and Fly until it went down. At first, the plan went reasonably well, until Supersonic started to miss frequently. The Altaria of Death took this opportunity to knock out Venigra, and, resigned to my fate, I sent out Bakugami (Grumpig) for the fifth time to heal Venigra. As a double-edged sword, the Altaria of Death (you can see I hate it) took this chance to span Dragon Dance, leaving Bakugami to Psybeam it and confuse it. However, it used Earthquake, knocking out Baku and leaving me to send out the now-healed Venigra. From there, my plan worked, and finally, the Altaria of Death was taken down. From there, it was two quick Thunderbolts to take down Pelipper and Skarmory.

Having cleared the route to Lilycove before, it was just a quick run there, then to Mt Pyre. I quickly climbed the exterior, destroying the grunts with Maikvyle and Ribrow. After the cutscene, I received the Red Orb, after which I continued to train.

Team as of yet:
    Mekigo, level 36 (he evolved)
    Venigra, level 35 (another day, another epic win)
    Maikvyle, level 35
    Ribrow, level 35 (I love the false impression of awfulness Electrike gives us. In actual fact, Ribrow's now awesome.)
    Bakugami, level 33
    Ragnarok, level 32 (neds trained.)
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I battled against Roxanne and she sent out his Geodude first. I sent out my Shroomish and I attacked Geodude with Absorb. That did a lot of damage, but Geodude survived and attacked with Rock Tomb. Luckily for me it missed and my Shroomish finished off Geodude with another Absorb attack. I used my Mudkip against Roxanne's Nosspass afterwards and I defeated it with a couple of Water Gun attacks. I defeated Roxanne and I obtained the Stone Badge and the Rock Tomb TM. I headed over to the Pokemon Center after that was taken care of and I healed my Pokemon there. I bought some items before going north and I had to help a Devon Corporation employee and recover the Devon Goods from a Team Magma grunt who stole them from the company building. I headed to Route 116 and I battled some trainers and captured a Skitty in the tall grass before I entered Rusturf Tunnel.

Time was spent surfing and training after I defeated Matt at the Team Aqua base, which went relatively normally considering the circumstances of Ragnarok's (Anorith) epic failing of strength. After this, with my team in the level 35/36 range, I surfed out onto the ocean, completely destroying the trainers I encountered with Maikvyle (Breloom), as Mekigo (Blaziken) and Venigra (Pelipper) were all now level 37- the levels with which I wanted to fight Tate and Liza. Each Pokemon was trained to level 37 aside from Ragnarok, who was given an EXP Share and left to sit in the back of my party. Each member of my team was trained to level 37, with Bakugami (Grumpig) being trained within the gym itself. Finally, I got to Tate and Liza, an started the battle.

Bakugami and Venigra led the battle. Bakugami had been taught Shadow Ball at an earlier point, whereas Venigra knew Surf. Up against the Solrock and Lunatone, I shamelessly spammed those two moves, reducing both down to low health with both Hyper Potions used. Unfortunately, the two had taken a beating, and Venigra was taken down the next turn with a Rock Slide. Taking a massive risk, I sent out Maikvyle to Sky Uppercut the Solrock to its demise. However, Bakugami was taken down the next turn, and Mekigo was sent out. A Double Kick later, and they went down- thankfully, not an Altaria of Death moment again, despite the 5-levels-higher Pokemon.

Much of my time was spent grinding on other trainers, with Mekigo and Ragnarok both being levelled together due to the EXP Share. As I approached Pacifidlog- a highly unique town, in my opinion- Ragnarok FINALLY evolved into the much-anticipated Armaldo. It was at this time I started fishing for a Wailmer, which I soon got- level 40. Flying back to Lilycove, I grinded constantly until it evolved into a Wailord. I started to consider a Water Monotype playthrough, but that'll be next time. Flying back to Mossdeep and diving down by Sootopolis (making it so that I could fly there), I returned to a Dive spot and caught myself a Relicanth. I returned to Pacifidlog and put both in my party, leaving Ribrow (Manectric) and Bakugami in my PC.

At last, I opened the Sealed Chamber, after getting a few mistranslations of the Braille (I don't have the IB), and flew to Lilycove once more to capture Registeel. It took many of my Ultra Balls, but I managed it and named it Titan. The Regice just took a few, and was nicknamed Farzehn. I'm now about to spam Master Balls on Regirock, trying to get an impish nature.

EDIT: After about an hour of trying, I caught a Careful-natured Regirock with a high Attack stat, which will prove useful. I swapped my team back to normal, and will transfer it to SoulSilver when I get close to completing Platinum or Diamond so I can catch myself a Regigigas. I know it isn't relevant, but at least the rest of the post is.

Team:

Mekigo, level 40
    Venigra, level 40
    Maikvyle, level 38 (good thing, too- any higher, and Regice would have been OHKOd by Sky Uppercut)
    Ribrow, level 38 (he got a Rare Candy)
    Bakugami, level 37 (just chilling in my PC box while I catch Regirock)
    Ragnarok, level 40
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 17th March 2013 at 3:06 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I met the Team Magma grunt inside Rusturf Tunnel who stole the Devon Goods and had kidnapped Pecko. I defeated him in a battle and I captured a Whismur before heading out. I went back to Rustboro City after I won against the Team Magma grunt and obtained the Devon Goods, and I went to Devon Corporation in order to talk to the president of the company. I obtained a PokeNav there and I got a Letter that I had to deliver the Steven Stone in Dewford Town. I left the Devon Corporation building soon after that and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I shopped for items at the Poke Mart before leaving town and heading south to Route 104. I battled my way through the Petalburg Woods until I exited the forest and I spoke with Mr. Briney at his cottage. He agreed to take me to Dewford Town since I saved his Wingull, and we set sail for the island. I saved there.

This isn't much of a narrative, but I just thought I'd share. I recently restarted Ruby version to catch the Regi Trio that I missed out on when my first save file deleted itself. Thinking it wouldn't be long before my cartridge screws me over again, I decided to make this a sort of 'speed-duo-run'. I ended up beating the entire game with Swampert and Manectric. Not very exciting, and certainly not much of a challenge, but I was in a hurry. Surprisingly, my save file is still safe and sound. I caught Groundon because I might as well transfer that legendary to Diamond as well. The Elite Four was not much of a challenge either. I had a little trouble with Cacturne, but I got past it with a little teamwork. The real annoyance was Steven's Cradily, I had to stall out it's PP and eventually got it to Struggle. Perhaps I should have levelled up a third Pokemon, or a different duo, but all in all, it turned out O.K.

After the Elite Four, I started my Regi hunt. First, I spent a short while underwater hunting a Relicanth. That was the easier part. Next, because I didn't feel like searching again, I decided to level up a Wailmer. I nicknamed it Willy for for fun. The levelling was really slow; I hadn't played Ruby in ages and didn't know where to go. Ended up beating the E4 again, plus doing training in Sky Pillar, against that reporter couple, and elsewhere. I tried my hand at Rayquaza; needless to say, it didn't turn out well. I'll come back when I have the Regi Trio to tank it's attacks.

Today, I went through the process of unlocking the Regis, and caught Regirock after a reset as it had struggled the first time. Regice was easy enough. Currently, I'm chucking Ultra balls at Registeel.

I plan on Master Balling Latios, then heading to Rayquaza (because there's no reason to throw away perfectly good Legendaries), and I MUST remember to obtain a Skitty, since my Diamond is missing that as well. After that, I'll be migrating everything over to Diamond, and going for Regigigas. That is, unless my save file decides to crap out on me at the last minute (fingers crossed!)

....Get in there, Registeel!

Once I had arrived on Dewford Island, I headed over to the local Pokemon Center in order to check things out. After I swapped some Pokemon on the PC I went back out and I visited all the little houses around the island. Since there wasn't much left to do, I headed out to Granite Cave since I had to deliver Steven Stone's letter. I battled some Fishermen outside the cave and then I went inside. I got the Flash HM from a Hiker guy near the entrance, and I captured a wild Zubat and Abra there as well. I headed deeper into the cave and I eventually came to a floor that was practically pitch black. I taught Flash to my Abra and I was able to see around me. I continued wandering around the cave and I trained my Pokemon some more. I captured an Aron and a Makuhita before I found Steven's location, and I handed over the Letter. I got a TM from him afterwards and then I saved the game.

I've picked up the Sapphire game I never completed again. I hate how narrow everyone's movepools are, omg. I'm at Lavaridge and lamenting the fact that Lombre doesn't learn a single water-type attack early on. Same issue with Sandslash and ground moves. :/

Also, my game's internal clock is done, but I also had a weird saving issue. When the same was saving the other day, the saving screen just didn't go away, as if it was taking 15 minutes just to save. Turned off, turned on, and all the data since my last save was gone. wtf? It hasn't happened since, but now I'm super paranoid.

I am not enjoying this as much as I could be.

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

I recently started Emerald. My team is Grovyle and Manectric. My Grovyle's level is at the 30s and Manectric is at LV 32. I recently beat Wattson after so many losses with Manectric and Magneton. Now, I just got Rock Smash, and I don't know which HM Slave I should give it to. I need to find a Tentacool with an Old Rod, but I don't know where to find one.

EDIT: Caught a LV 6 Tentacool, now a LV 13 with no Bubblebeam.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 22nd March 2013 at 8:02 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I left the dreadful Granite Cave after delivering the Devon Corp. letter to Steven Stone and doing some training in there. I headed back to Dewford Town and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed over to the local Pokemon Gym in order to start the Gym challenge. I had a relatively easy time navigating around the Gym but the Gym trainers were pretty tough. I decided that I would need a Kadabra to defeat Brawly's Fighting-type Pokemon, so I went back to the Pokemon Center and I withdrew my Abra and I went back to Granite Cave to train it. It took a really long time to train it since I had to keep switching Pokemon around in every battle since Abra couldn't really fight on its own. After like an hour of training my Abra finally evolved and I headed back to Dewford Town's Gym. I headed to the back of the Gym where Brawly was and I saved the game before battling.

I evolved Tentacool after a day. Wow. I got my 5 Pokemon right here:

Grovyle LV 35
    Manectric LV 33
    Spoink LV 25
    Swablu LV 22
    Tentacruel LV 31

After a while. Its movepool was very sad.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I challenged Brawly at the Dewford Town Gym and he sent out his Machop first. I used my Taillow against it and I was able to weaken it with Wing Attack but Machop survived the hit. I then switched to Marshtomp and I defeated Machop with Water Gun before it could get pumped up with Bulk Up. I used my Shroomish against Brawly's Makuhita and I had it use Stun Spore to paralyze Makuhita and I switched to Kadabra in order to finish it off. One Confusion attack was enough to defeat it, and I won the Knuckle Badge from Brawly as well as the Bulk Up TM. I left the Dewford Town Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. With all the tasks on the island completed I headed over to the dock and I had Mr. Briney take me to Slateport City next. We wandered the sea until we arrived and I battled the trainers on the beach there. I then headed into the actual city and I saved there.

Freaking Battle Frontier. I can literally count on one hand the number of times I have lost legitimately i.e by not getting haxxed. Every other time it's, "It hurt itself in its confusion!" Or " [Attack] missed! Opponent wins the game. For fvcks sake, the game involves more luck than skill. Oh well.

So yeah, I have been trying the Battle Frontier. I've recently raised a really good Metagross, with Max attack, Agility, Meteor Mash, Light Screen and Earthquake. It hardly ever gets KO'd it's a lot of fun to battle with because once it gets going, it's near impossible to stop. What I will keep doing in my downtime is just keep battling away, I may get down but I won't let some crappy AI defeat me, I vow to get all the Gold Symbols. One day. One day....

Page 114 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast