Page 120 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3623

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Finally got my second team to Level 100 for the Battle Frontier and after trying to get the right Hidden Powers. I tried challenging the Battle Dome but I lost due to a Torkoal defeating my Typhlosion and Bellossom. D:< But here's my team!

Sandslash LV 100 (Swords Dance/HP Bug/Earthquake/Rock Slide)
    Bellossom LV 100 (Sunny Day/HP Fire/Solarbeam/Sleep Powder)
    Typhlosion LV 100 (Thunderpunch/Sunny Day/Flamethrower/HP Ice)
    Politoed LV 100 (Hypnosis/HP Grass/Surf/Ice Beam)
    Jolteon LV 100 (Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Protect/Thunder Wave)
    Chimecho LV 100 (Heal Bell/Psychic/Calm Mind/HP Grass)

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I entered Granite Cave and I obtained the Flash HM near the entrance. I caught a wild Abra and a Makuhita in the first cave and I taught Flash to Abra so that I could light the path to the other parts of the cave, until I realized that I needed the Knuckle Badge to be able to use Flash in the overworld. Anyway, I headed into another cave and I caught a Mawile and an Aron, then I passed through another cave until I found the path that led to where Steven Stone was. I delivered the Letter from his father and then I obtained the Steel Wing TM from Steven. I left Granite Cave after that and I healed my Pokemon at the Dewford Town Pokemon Center. I returned to Granite Cave for some training before challenging the Gym.

I finally picked up Emerald again after a few weeks. I had already traded over Ho-Oh from Colosseum and the Legendary Birds from XD. I plan on using Zapdos as a replacement for Starmie in the Battle Frontier. I've fully EV'd it already since I have Macho Brace and Pokerus :). I'm not going to EV Ho-Oh though, since I won't be using it competitively, purely for fun. ATM.....

Zapdos Lv63-Modest
    100HP, 196 SpA, 212 Spd
    -Thunderbolt
    -Metal Sound
    -Extrasensory
    -HP (Grass)

Ho-Oh Lv 74-Timid
    -Shadow Ball
    -Earthquake
    -FireBlast (will replace with Sacred-Fire)
    -Thunderbolt

I love using both of these legends, they're both awesomely powerful. Ho-Oh's fun to use since the moveset is pretty much identical to our old one from our old Gold save file. I'm was pretty stoked Zapdos had HP (Grass), it has a power of 40-42 so it's relatively weak but it means it can hit Golem, Rhydon, Whiscash etc., and if I can get a Metal Sound in it'll double in power effectively which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent streak going in th BF with it. Fingers crossed :D.

At Granite Cave I trained my team for the upcoming Dewford Town Gym battle. I worked on training Taillow and Abra specifically since they would have the type advantage against Brawly's Fighting-type Pokemon. I managed to evolve Abra into Kadabra during the training and it learned Confusion which I was very glad about given that it was the only damaging Psychic-type move it could learn at that point. I left Granite Cave after making sure that my Pokemon were leveled up properly and I returned to Dewford Town. I visited the Gym and I battled some Gym trainers. I healed my Pokemon afterwards and then I went back to the Gym to defeat the rest. I found Brawly's spot at the back of the Gym and I saved there.

Emerald:

Cloned a couple of Pokemon before giving the game to my friend tomorrow; he wanted to transfer a couple of my shinies to his Diamond.

I challenged Brawly at the Dewford Town Gym at long last and I used my Taillow against his Machop first. I thought the battle would last a while but a single Wing Attack from Taillow was enough to beat Machop. I used Kadabra against Brawly's Makuhita after that and I defeated it with a single Confusion attack, which caught me by surprise since I didn't think the Gym battle would be that easy. With that Gym battle finished, I was given the Knuckle Badge and the Bulk Up TM from Brawly and I left the Gym. I visited the Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon, then I asked Mr. Briney to take me to Slateport City. We crossed the sea routes between Dewford Town and Slateport City quickly and I saved on Route 109.

With Kanto completed and Johto in progress I decided to start my third generation playthrough with Emerald. I arrived at a new house where I set a clock and grabbed a Potion. I also visited my neighbor after missing my dad in a gym battle. Once I realized there was nothing left in this Little town I headed north and saw a man being attacked by a Zigzagoon! He urged me to take a Poke Ball from his bag and in a panic I grabbed one and threw it. A Torchic popped out and together we defeated the Zigzagoon!

The man, who I discovered was the professor, was thankful for saving his life and allowed me to keep the Torchic. He then asked me to meet his child a little north of the town. I met my new rival who challenged me to a battle with a Mudkip. After I won we headed back to the lab where I was given a Pokedex and some Pokeballs. My mother seemed to be in a rush to get my out of the house and she even gave me some Running Shoes to help me leave faster. I departed and arrived in Oldale Town and then headed west to head on an adventure! I was concerned about the road ahead with only Torchic so I ran in the grass and captured a new team member, a Lotad! I took a break after the capture.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I battled against the trainers in the sandy beach on Route 109 and then I bought some Soda Pop at the shop there. I headed north to Slateport City after that and I hurried over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon since they were injured from all the battles. I bought some items at the Poke Mart, then I explored the rest of the city. I visited the market, then the Pokemon Contest Hall although I couldn't participate there yet. I went over to the Oceanic Museum and I saw a long line of Team Magma grunts there. I entered the Museum free of charge since the receptionist thought I was part of Team Magma myself, and I battled two Team Magma grunts inside. They all fled afterwards and I headed outside.

Caught a Electrike and slowly trained it up to match the rest of my party's lvls. Then I beat the third gym leader before spending a bit of time in the Game Corner. I continued north to Route 113, looking for a Skamory to add to my party. I struggled through the ash, and after catching an impish Skamory, I decided to start EV training it... 10 min later, I realised that it has Pokerus. EV training it is suddenly a whole faster :P

After beating Team Magma at the Oceanic Museum, I headed out to the Pokemon Center and I headed north out of Slateport City after I healed my Pokemon there. I wandered into Route 110 and I caught a wild Minun and Electrike in the tall grass, then I arrived outside of the Cycling Road gatehouse but I couldn't travel on there yet since I didn't have a Bicycle. I battled some trainers on Route 103 as I headed west, but that route was a dead end so I went back to Route 110. I visited the Trick House but I didn't participate in one of the puzzles. Instead I followed the grassy path under Cycling Road as I made my way to my next destination: Mauville City. I battled against some wild Pokemon then I saved the game.

Started a new game using Mudkip as my starter. We just beat the first gym and got the badge and also beat the Team Aqua grunt. As of right now, I guess I'll be heading to Dewford town but I'll beat my rival first in Rustboro (She beat me though...).

It came totally unexpected, I was surfing south of Mossdeep, and suddenly, a Latias appaers! After failing to catch her, I checked the area on pokedex and went tracking. So now i'm doing what I call 'berry cycles' (AKA visiting each and every route where berries grow and plant them or water them or pick them up), in the meanwhile I train those of my Pokémon that still didn't reach level 40, and those of them who have yet to evolve (which includes a lot of stone-evolving pokemon, as I don't evolve them until they learn all the moves I want them to learn and i don't usually use TMs unless a moveset is REALLY bad), and check Latias' area every time I go to a new route.
    Last edited by lovepika; 9th August 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

I trained Lotad for a little while before heading through Route 102. Eventually I reached Petalburg City and helped poor little Wally catch his first Pokemon. Once he was satisfied I tried to leave town only for a mystery man to take notice of me. I ignored it for now and headed towards the Petalburg Woods. Inside I met a man looking for Shroomish and before I could help him find one we were ambushed by a Team Aqua Grunt and his Poochyena. His attack proved futile as Lotad swept his Poochyena with ease. The man thanked me and ran off so I followed him all the way to Rustboro City. I made sure to grab HM01 because I always forget it and then I headed to Route 116 to train for the inevitable gym battle. Both Torchic and Lotad evolved while battling the trainers so I returned to Rustboro and challenged Roxanne. Lombre defeated both Geodude with a single Absorb each and Combusken knocked out Nosepass with 2 Double Kicks. I took a break after receiving the Stone Badge.

I encountered my rival as I went north on Route 110 towards Mauville City. I used my Taillow's Wing Attack against their Shroomish, then I switched to Grovyle and I defeated Wailmer with Absorb. I used my Wingull against Combusken and I defeated it with Water Gun. I obtained the Itemfinder after that battle, then I headed north some more and I battled some more trainers in the area. I eventually arrived at the northern entrance to the Cycling Road and I picked some berries around there. Then I finally arrived in Mauville City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I bought some stuff at the Poke Mart. I wandered over to the Gym and I spotted Wally there. I saved after I battled and won against his Ralts.

I exited the gym and and almost walked right into the Aqua Grunt from earlier as he scurried away. I gave chase and discovered he had also stolen an old man's Pokemon. Combusken bested his Poochyena and he returned the Pokemon and some Goods he had stolen. I returned everything and got a Pokenav for my troubles. As I tried to leave Rustboro City I spotted my rival and he challenged me to a battle. Combusken thrashed Slugma and Lombre defeated Mudkip. I then continued south until I reached Mr Briney's house. He offered me a ride to Dewford Town which I accepted.

Upon arriving at the small island I noticed a gym...but I'm not strong enough for that yet. Instead I headed into a tiny little cave called the Granite Cave. It was very dark and I could barely see in front of me. In the darkness I was attacked by a Zubat which almost knocked out Lombre. The little bat proved strong so I threw a Pokeball and added her to the team. I reached the end of cave and found an odd man named Steven, who I'm sure will have no significance to the plot whatsoever after this point. He gave me a Steel Wing TM which I taught to Zubat and then I headed towards the gym.

After beating Wally in front of the Mauville City Gym, I headed out to Route 110 once more in order to train my Pokemon. I had to get their levels up in order to challenge the Mauville City Gym and I knew that it would require a lot of work. I spent at least 45 minutes training against wild Pokemon, then I went to Route 117 and I battled against the trainers there in order to increase my Pokemon's levels some more. I left a Pokemon at the Day Care Center and I returned to Mauville City after catching a wild Volbeat and a wild Roselia in the tall grass. I entered the Mauville City Gym after healing my Pokemon and I started battling against the Gym trainers inside while also solving Wattson's Gym puzzle. I then saved.

After training my Zapdos for the Battle Frontier, I headed to the Battle Dome to enter a few tournaments. I was waiting on a 6 tournament streak, and managed to be up to the 8th tournament when I was "bested" by an Aggron. I had sent out Metagross first against one of his Pokemon. Metagross got damaged a little and defeated the opponent. Then he sent in Aggron, and his Quick Claw activated and took down Metagross. That was the turning point of the match, since an Earthquake from Metagross would have taken it down or at least sent it into the red. So I sent out my newly trained Zapdos. I got a Thunderbolt in which sent Aggron into the red, and he fire off a STAB Rock Slide which defeated Zapdos. Ugh. It was so annoying :/

More happily though another battle I did was Zapdos + Suicune vs Golem + Heracross. Zapdos fell to Golem's Explosion, who just survived a double super effective HP Grass (only has 40 power which is diasppointing, 50 or even 45 would have been ideal at least. So I sent out Suicune vs his Heracross. My defensive Suicune was slower so he got in two Megahorns, leaving me on 70/252 HP and him on around 33% after a +1 Surf. Then he uses Brick Break, and I add a tally to the number of times I would have lost in the BF without getting haxxed (which I swear I could count on two hands). Anyway what ended up happening was that Suicune survived on ~10 HP, letting me get a Surf in to seal the win ^.^ If i'm brutally honest I don't mind losing to skill as much as I hate losing to hax, so I guess that battle was a little ray of sunshine for me. Right now I'm sitting on a 7 streak and hoping like anything I can get to the end of the 10 tournament, give Tucker a hiding and finally get my first Gold Symbol.

I finally solved the Mauville City Gym puzzle and I arrived at Wattson's spot. I challenged him and I used my Makuhita against his Magnemite first. I defeated it with Vital Throw after it attacked Makuhita with ThunderShock, and I used Grovyle against Wattson's Voltorb. I used Absorb against it, then Pursuit when Voltorb survived the hit. However, its Static ability paralyzed Grovyle so I switched to Makuhita again when Wattson sent out his Magneton. I defeated Magneton with Vital Throw eventually and I obtained the Dynamo Badge and the Shock Wave TM after my victory. I headed out of the Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I went to the local Bike Shop afterwards and I saved the game inside.

I changed my mind about heading to the gym and instead went to the Petalburg Woods to train Zubat. Then I returned to Dewford Town and entered the gym. Zubat struggled against the trainers mainly because Supersonic and Steel Wing seemed to always miss while Astonish and Leech Life didn't do a lot of damage. Despite the struggle I found Brawley and began my second gym battle. Zubat defeated Machop through a combination of Supersonic/Astonish and a critical hit Steel Wing that certainly helped. Lombre went out against Meditite and used Nature Power, which became Swift, until the stupid thing was down. His final Pokemon was Makuhita so I went with my ace, Combusken. I forgot about Peck so I kept using that until Makuhita got a lucky critical hit that knocked out Combusken. Zubat came back to finish the fight but was defeated. Luckily she had done enough so Lombre could win with Absorb! I got my second badge and then headed off to Slateport.

I arrived on a beach loaded with trainers but I skipped all of them on my way to Route 110. In the grass I was attacked by both a Plusle and a Minun. I liked the blue color on Minun so I added it to my team as my fourth team member. I returned to the beach and defeated all the trainers so I could get some Soda Pop. On my way to the Pokemon Center I noticed some commotion at the Museum so I decided to check it out and found Stern, a man I needed to give something too so I could continue the story. After Minun defeated two Aqua Grunts that attacked us I headed back to Route 110 and found Birch who exchanged numbers with me. I took a break after that strange encounter.

I spoke to Rydel at the Bike Shop in Mauville City and I got a Mach Bike from him there. I headed out and I obtained a Coin Case after trading Harbor Mail with some woman. I headed over to the Mauville City Game Corner and I bought some coins there. I played the slots and then I headed west to Route 117. I re-battled some trainers in the area and then I arrived in Verdanturf Town. I visited the Pokemon Center there, then I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I went to the Pokemon Contest Hall and I obtained a Contest Pass from the receptionist. I participated in a Cool Contest with Wingull and I won my first ribbon. I left the Verdanturf Contest Hall and I saved the game before heading back to Mauville City.

I completed the first challenge of the Trick House and battled all the trainers in the surrounding area before stumbling across my rival who shows up in weird places like Birch does apparently. Zubat defeated Lombre, Combusken took out Slugma, and my Lombre beat Marshtomp. It didn't take long to defeat the rest of the trainers on Route 110 and then I arrived in Mauville City. The first thing I did was get a bicycle and head down the Cycling Path and battling bikers with Combusken. Once I returned to Mauville I went east and battled trainers, north and battle trainers and then west and battled trainers. As I neared Verdanturf Town Zubat evolved into Golbat! I returned to Mauville City and headed into the gym. I beat all the gym trainers and took a break before challenging Wattson.

Back in Mauville City I taught Rock Smash to my Geodude and I decided to head north to Route 111 since I had a long journey ahead of me. I battled at the Winstrate Family's house and I defeated all the trainers there. I walked towards the rocks that were blocking the rest of the path and I used Rock Smash to destroy them. I battled more trainers along Route 111 and I finally arrived near the desert portion of the route but I couldn't just waltz into the sandstorm so I had to go around past the Fiery Path first. So I headed to the foot of Mt. Chimney in order to take the detour and I battled a few more trainers before entering the blazing-hot tunnel. I caught a Torkoal inside and I saved the game after exiting the path.

Earlier today, I went to the Battle Frontier in order to pass the time and earn some BP. First, I went through the Battle Pike twice. I had quite a bit of luck there as I didn't have to fight as many trainers as I usually do. After that, I headed to the Battle Arena. Again, I did not experience many problems there as I defeated all the trainers using only my Gengar. Next, I decided to go to the Battle Palace, which was a facility that I hadn't gone to in quite a while. There were some frustrating moments in which my Pokemon did not want to attack, but fortunately I still managed to defeat seven trainers. Finally, I entered a tournament at the Battle Dome. My final match was tough because my opponent had a Latias, but my Metagross was able to withstand two Earthquakes and defeat it.

I now have over 140 BP saved up.

Once outside of the Fiery Path I wandered north and I battled some trainers in the area. I found a rest house nearby and I healed my Pokemon there thanks to some creepy old lady. I went west into Route 113 and I had to move around the ash-covered tall grass while being rained upon by ash from the nearby volcano. I didn't have any Repels so I encountered tons of Spinda and Sandshrew in the tall grass. I battled trainers and then I visited the Glass Workshop where I obtained the Soot Sack. I wandered around outside a bit to collect ash, then I arrived in Fallarbor Town after that got boring. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I went over to the Contest Hall and I saved the game inside.

You want to know what happened? Probably not, but I'll tell you anyway xp. So the last time I posted I got onto a 7 Battle Dome Tournament streak. I got up to 8 the other day. Then I tried again this night (after a series of earthquakes in Wellington o.o), and did the 9th tournament no sweat. Then I went for the 10th and I saw Tucker's name, and I thought yes, this is the time when I might be able to exact my revenge an beat him. It turns out I was seeded second in the whole tournament (after Tucker). I've never been that high up in the seeding before in the later tournaments. Not that it would matter much at all, but it would help if I tied.

Anyway, I started the 9th tournament and ran into no problems leading up to Tucker at all. I began the fateful match, choosing Zapdos as my lead and Suicune to cover. The battle log is in a spoiler below, have a look if you like. It's a good read, but I take it a little too seriously haha.

Spoiler:- Battle Log:

If you read it thanks for doing so! I am really happy with my first Gold Symbol!

Page 120 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast