Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3625

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I got everybody to lv 15, beat everyone in the gym, beat Brawly, got to slateport, and caught an Oddish which I named Pasole.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I obtained the Heat Badge and Overheat TM after beating Flannery at the Lavaridge Town Gym. I then healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and stocked up on items at the Poke Mart. I left town shortly after that and I reached the desert portion of Route 111. My rival appeared and gave me the Go-Goggles so that I could see through the sandstorms. I wandered around the sand and I encountered a wild Cacnea and wild Trapinch. I caught both, then I started battling against the trainers there. I reached the Desert Ruins eventually, but I couldn't enter. I headed north and I found two fossils in the sand. I kept the Root Fossil and then I headed south to Mauville City. I healed my Pokemon at the PC and saved.

I just finished Surfing from Dewford to Slateport. By doing this, I was able to explore Routes 107, 108, and 109. I trained my Manectric against the many trainers I met, eventually getting it to level 35. I then put my Grovyle out front so that it could gain experience from the remaining trainers. By the time I reached Slateport, Grovyle had grown one level, as did my Swellow.

In addition to training my team, I also caught a Tentacool while Surfing because I think it will make a good Water HM slave later. Also, I passed by the Abandoned Ship, though I decided to put off visiting it until later.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 24th May 2014 at 4:22 AM.

I'm about to enter Victory Road with a pokemon that still knows tackle- and they are all over level 40!

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

I purchased stuff in Mauville City, then I checked on my Pokemon at the Day Care on Route 117. I headed north afterwards and I went all around Mt. Chimney until I arrived in Fallarbor Town. I went to Meteor Falls again aand then I exited the cavern north of Rustboro City. I stopped by the Devon Corporation building while I was there to revive my Root Fossil and then I went to the Petalburg Woods. I arrived in Petalburg City and I healed my Pokemon before entering the Gym. Once I arrived I had to make my way around the rooms inside and I had to defeat trainers in order to proceed to Norman's room. I had to heal my team a few times during the battles, but I managed to reach Norman's room eventually.

I went back to Mauville City. There, Wattson was standing in the middle of the road. When I talked to him, he told me about New Mauville and how the generator there needed to be turned off. So, I went back down to Route 110 and Surfed over to where the entrance to New Mauville was. Inside, I began to make my way to the generator. Along the way, I fought several wild Pokemon in order to level up my Grovyle a bit. Once I reached the generator, I stepped on the switch to get it to calm down. I then went back to the city, where I received the Thunderbolt TM from Wattson.

I battled my dad at the Petalburg City Gym. He sent out a Slaking first and I used my Manectric to battle it. I had Manectric use Shock Wave, but that didn't do much damage. Slaking used Yawn, but I defeated it with another Shock Wave attack before Yawn took effect. I had to switch to Hariyama afterwards and Norman sent out his Vigoroth. It attacked with Slash and then Hariyama defeated Vigoroth with Arm Thrust and only Norman's second Slaking remained. I used my Marshtomp against it and used a Mud Shot attack. Marshtomp then won that match with Take Down. I then obtained the Balance Badge from Norman along with the Facade TM. I saved after I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center.

I went out to Route 118 and Surfed to the right half. Then, I walked over to Route 123. On that route, I picked lots of berries and then visited the Berry Master's house and received even more berries. After that, I went over to Route 119 and began making my way up it. There were plenty of trainers for me to fight on this route, so I was able to get a lot of training done. By the time I stopped playing, most of my team members were level 35. Tomorrow, I'll continue training and making my way to the Weather Institute.

I got the Surf HM in Petalburg City and then I headed out to the coast. I taught Surf to my Marshtomp and I explored the route west of Petalburg City. I encountered wild Tentacool as I Surfed around the area and I also encountered some trainers as I headed south to Dewford Town. I defeated many of them as I roamed by, but I stopped an island to battle against some of the trainers there as well. I Surfed all the way to the Island Cave area, but I couldn't enter since I hadn't unlocked the entrance via the Sealed Chamber. I headed south towards Dewford Town and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed to Slateport City afterwards and I battled more Swimmers along the way and saved there.

Continued going up Route 119. I fought a few more battles and then arrived at the Weather Institute. The place was full of Team Aqua members who were up to no good. I defeated every single one of them and then received a Castform from the Weather Institute employees I saved. I deposited the Castform in the PC on the bottom floor of the building and then healed my team by sleeping in the bed nearby. After that, I left and continued on my way. But suddenly, May showed up out of nowhere and battled me. I defeated her easily and received the Fly HM from her afterwards. I then continued until entering Fortree City.

I entered the Abandoned Ship and wandered around looking for items. I found a few trainers inside cabins and then I headed down to the other parts of the ship. I wasn't able to access all the areas since I didn't have the Dive HM yet, so I left the Abandoned Ship eventually. I Surfed towards Slateport City afterwards and I battled some more Swimmers along the way. I arrived at my destination and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then headed north and I went on Cycling Road. I arrived in Mauville City and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I then headed east and I used Surf. I made it across a river and I battled against trainers on Route 118. I captured a wild Electrike and then I saved.

Ruby: Started with the Contests here. Unlike on Sapphire, I hadn't won a single Master Rank Contest here before. Though I am pretty sure I had won at least one Master Rank Contest at some point, but that must have been before I restarted the game. Anyway, I went to the Contest Hall and started. Tried the Smart category first, but it didn't work well, I either lost or won but without getting the painting. Tried the Cool category instead and won on my first try, also getting the painting. Continued with Beauty and won after a few tries, got the painting as well. Then I tried Tough and won quickly as well as getting the painting. Lastly, I tried Cute and got a victory and a painting there as well. So now I have all paintings except the one for Smart. Since my current setup isn't working, I have decided to change the moves on the Pokemon I am using before I try again. Since I was smart enough 8 years ago to decide to use a Smeargle for this category, it should be easy to change its moveset as it can get learn any move. After searching a little, I found another moveset which I am hoping will work better than my current one. I started slightly today by stealing 3 Heart Scales from wild Luvdisc and making sure I have the Pokemon I need to Sketch the moves from ready for action. Will continue tomorrow.

Sapphire: Started battling in the Battle Tower here. Had somehow gotten a win streak of 14 since before, so I continued from there. I won 6 more rounds, a total of 42 battles, bringing my total win streak to 56. For that, I got a Silver Shield from the owner as well as my last Trainer Card upgrade, giving it my fourth star as well as coloring it Gold (though it looks more Yellow to me). As for the battles in the Tower, there wasn't really any specific battle of interest, nor any close battles either, I won every battle with at least 2 Pokemon alive. However, I had to use Snorlax a lot more this time compared to Ruby as I ended up facing a lot of leads that Salamence would have had trouble against if I had let it battle them. Anyway, I am now probably forever done with the Battle Tower in these two games, I have no ambition to go back to it in the future as the only things I could do is to try and win at least 100 battles in a row to get the Gold Shield or just try and set new records, neither of which I am interested in. For now I am going to take a short break from Sapphire but I will be back to it (more or less) once I am done with what I am doing in Ruby.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 26th May 2014 at 6:49 PM.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I left Route 118 and I headed north towards Route 119 after I finished with everything else in the area. I got to the tall grass, but I couldn't ride my Bike since the grass was so thick, so I had to walk around. I battled the trainers inside of the Mimic Circle and I leveled up my own Pokemon as well. I battled some wild Pokemon and I was lucky enough to encounter a wild Tropius there. I captured it and then I continued north towards Fortree City. I battled some more trainers and then after a while, I got to the Weather Institute. I entered it, but there were Team Magma grunts inside, so I had to battle my way through the building. I managed to defeat all the Team Magma grunts and I saved before leaving to Fortree City.

In Fortree, I healed at the Pokemon Center and then started to explore the city. I bought a few Secret Base items at a shop and talked to several people. There was a Gym in town, but I couldn't get to it as something was in the way. So, instead I went out to Route 120. After fighting a few people there, my Grovyle levelled up and evolved into Sceptile. I then continued until running into Steven again. He gave me the Devon Scope after I fought an invisible Kecleon. Next, I used the Devon Scope to capture a Kecleon that was blocking the way to the Scorched Slab. After picking up the Sunny Day TM in Scorched Slab, I returned to Fortree.

I received a gift Castform from the Weather Institute before leaving and I deposited it since I didn't have any plans to train it. I went outside and I headed east, but then my rival appeared and I had to battle against them. I was able to finish things off rather quickly since I was in a rush to leave for Fortree City and I arrived there shortly after battling. I healed at the Pokemon Center, and then I went to the Poke Mart to stock up on stuff. I then wandered around Fortree City. I visited houses and I bought some Secret Base furniture at one of the shops . I picked up the Hidden Power TM from an old lady and then I proceeded to the Gym. I couldn't access it yet though, so I had to go to Route 120 next. I saved there.

I headed to the Fortree Gym. I used the Devon Scope to scare away the Kecleon that was blocking the way and then went inside the Gym. There, I was able to easily solve the puzzle and reach Winona. In the Gym battle, I was able to take out the majority of Winona's Pokemon with Manectric's Spark attack. When Altaria came out, I switched to Miltank because I didn't want Manectric to get hit by Altaria's Earthquake. Miltank was able to take Altaria out using Toxic + Stomp. After receiving my new badge, I left the Gym and healed at the Pokemon Center.

Lv. 35-37

I went to Route 120 after I couldn't enter the Fortree City Gym. I battled a couple of trainers near the start of the route, then I walked into the tall grass where I encountered a wild Absol. I captured it for my Dex and then I headed off to the bridge that was just south of there. I met Steven Stone there and he used something to make a Kecleon completely visible again. I battled the Kecleon and captured it, then I received the Devon Scope from Steven. I left to the Fortree City Pokemon Center where I swapped Pokemon and healed. Then I went to the Fortree City Gym once more. I battled the Kecleon that was blocking the path there, then I entered the Gym. I saved after battling the first Gym trainer inside of there.

I went to the Oceanic Museum in Slateport City for some relaxation when I found out Team Magma was there and up for no good. On the second floor I met Captain Stern, to which I had to deliver the Devon Goods. But just as I was handing over the goods, two Team Magma grunts rushed in and demanded to hand to goods over to them. Instead of doing so I battled both of them and sent them home crying. Than Team Magma Leader Maxie showed up and warned me not to bother Team Magma again, which kinda scared me..

As everything was back to normal in Slateport City I headed back for Dewford Town to take on Brawly the fighting type gymleader. Brawly's Machop used Bulk Up which raised its attack to the point at which he almost knocked out my Treecko. Fortunately I was able to sent out my Wingull who managed to beat both of Brawly's pokemon using its Wing Attack. After the battle Treecko evolved into Grovyle and I received the Knuckle Badge!

I went back to Slateport City to do some shopping and I'm now ready to explore route 110!

Badges: 8 | Pokedex: 73/719 | Shinies: 1
    ~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | HeartGold BadgeQuest |~

On Ruby, I started with changing the moveset of my Smeargle. I used Sketch to teach it three new moves. It was easy and doable but not as convenient as in future generations, but it doesn't matter. After that, I went back to Lilycove and tried the Smart Contest again. I had to try multiple times because the opponents kept haxing me, but I won after a few tries and got the Painting as well. With that, I had obtained all of the paintings in this game too. I went to the Museum and spoke to the Curator, he gave me a Glass Ornament which is cool. I also got my final Trainer Card upgrade, adding a fourth star and coloring it Gold. I am now also probably completely done with the contests, at least in this generation... will have to see what the remakes brings to the table regarding them.

Now I am almost done with both Ruby and Sapphire. I have gotten the two last Trainer Card upgrades, and I have done practically everything else I had planned to do since earlier. My National Pokedex is complete (only missing the event legends which I can't get anyway) and I have explored every area as well as caught all legends and beaten the main storyline (obviously). Though there is one small thing I am a bit unsure about but I will be doing it in the near future. All of this has been done since the times when the games were still new, I just haven't done the few remaining things earlier. But I am still only almost done. The one thing I have left to do is to make post-game teams. So that is what I will be doing next. And since it isn't possible to properly breed for natures in these games, I will be breeding everything on Emerald instead. I have already planned all members for both teams, so the breeding can start tomorrow, though I'm not sure how long it will take before I am done...
    Last edited by Kalosian; 26th May 2014 at 11:57 PM.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I had a tough time at the Fortree City Gym because my team was under-leveled and just battling against the Gym trainers was hard. I had Manectric on my team to counter Flying-type Pokemon, but it still couldn't tackle those Flying-types very well. I had to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I had to train my Kadabra and Manectric some more. I decided to grind on Route 120 since there weren't that many alternatives and after about 30 minutes, I got both Pokemon to level up a couple of times. I headed back to the Fortree City Gym and I battled against the last two Gym trainers while also trying to solve the Gym's puzzle that involved those revolving doors. I saved as I got to Leader Winona's place.

Before continuing on my journey, I went back to a few places to take care of some things. First, I flew to Fallarbor Town. I gave the meteorite to Prof. Cozmo and received the Return TM from him. Then, I went back to the Devon Co. in Rustboro and obtained the Exp. Share from the president. Lastly, I went back to my house and got the Amulet Coin from my mom.

After all that, I continued the story by heading down the rest of Route 120. I trained there for a bit until reaching Route 121. There, I saw some Team Aqua members head towards Mt. Pyre. I ignored them for now and continued until entering Lilycove City.

I got to Winona's place and I challenged her to a battle for the Feather Badge. She first sent out her Swellow and I managed to beat it with my Manectric's Shock Wave. With that out of the way, I swapped to Kadabra when Winona used her Pelipper. My Kadabra was a lot stronger and it defeated Pelipper. I sent out my newly-evolved Camerupt against Winona's Skarmory and I took it down with an Overheat attack. Altaria was Winona's last Pokemon, but I didn't have any Pokemon with super effective attacks, so I had to resort to using my Linoone and then Camerupt near the end. I finally beat it and I defeated Winona. I got the Feather Badge from her as well as the Aerial Ace TM. I then saved outside of the Gym.

I took a tour around Lilycove. There were many places to visit, so it took me longer than usual to look around the whole city. The city was also full of Team Aqua members and their hideout, though I couldn't do anything there yet. Anyway, I found May blocking the entrance to the department store. I talked to her, and she battled me. Her team wasn't that tough and I took all her Pokemon out using my Swellow and Miltank. After the battle, May talked about quitting going back to Littleroot and I went into the store to buy some things. Then, I went back out to Route 121.

I battled trainers along Route 121 and after picking some berries there, I saw Team Magma grunts on a pier that led to Mt. Pyre. I Surfed after them and I got to Mt. Pyre eventually and started to climb the inner portion since I wanted my Pokemon to gain some more experience. I found items along the way and once all of the trainers within Mt. Pyre were defeated, I went outside. I captured a Meditate and a Vulpix in the tall grass, then I battled some Team Magma grunts at the mountain's summit. I eventually met up with Maxie and he took one of the Orbs with him, leaving me with the other. I headed out and I Surfed south to Route 123. I battled and trained there and then I saved at the Berry Master's house.

On Route 121, I fought the trainers I skipped on the way to Lilycove. Then, I went over to Mt. Pyre. I first explored the inside of the mountain, where I fought several people and saw many Pokemon graves. After that, I went to the outside portion and began making my way to the top. Once I reached the peak, I dealt with several Team Aquas and saw Archie steal the Red Orb. After Team Aqua left, I received the Blue Orb. I then flew to Slateport and headed to where the ferry terminal was. Captain Stern was being interviewed there, but then Team Aqua ruined everything by stealing the submarine. Now, I'm going back to Lilycove.

Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast