Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3625

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Due to the excitement for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I returned to my Emerald file that I hadn't picked up for over a year. Prior to putting it down all that time ago I had beaten the Elite 4, visited the Battle Frontier and caught a few National Dex Pokemon that inhabit the BF and post-game area of the Safari Zone. I initially decided to track down and face Groudon and Kyogre in their respective caves until realising that my team were way too under-leveled for taking them on. I am now training them, but i've also decided to simultaneously fill up as much of the Hoenn Dex as possible due to the incentive of receiving a Johto starter. In addition I attempted the Multi Battle feature in the Battle Frontier's Battle Tower, where I teamed up with an Aroma Lady who used a Nuzleaf and Shroomish. We progressed as far as the 7th battle in which the opposing Pokemon were just too strong for my Gardevoir and Breloom alongside my partner's Pokemon.

Team (ranging from Levels 52 to 55):
    Swampert
    Gardevoir
    Breloom
    Manectric
    Torkoal
    Altaria

On Emerald, I started breeding the members of my upcoming teams on R/S. But before the breeding could start, I had do make some preparations. First of all, I had to catch a bunch of Pokemon. As I started from Fallarbor Town, I went South to Meteor Falls and caught a Zubat. Then I flew to Lavaridge and went out to Route 112 where I caught a Numel. After that, I flew to Fortree and went down to Route 119 where I fished in the water with my Super Rod and caught a Carvanha. Continued down to Route 118 and caught a Manectric. Finally, I flew to Ever Grande City, went down to Victory Road and caught a Lairon here. After this, I had to connect the game to Box where I found some more Pokemon I needed. That left me with just one Pokemon missing, which was Absol. Since I didn't feel like giving the 8% at Route 120 a try, I traded over one from Sapphire instead. And with all of that, the breeding could start.

I started by putting the Manectric I just caught in the Day-Care together with a Modest Ditto holding an Everstone. I quickly hatched a female Modest Electrike which I gave the Everstone to, then I put it in the Day-Care with a male Seviper which knew Crunch. After hatching more eggs than I had expected, I finally got what I wanted, a couple of Modest Manectric with Static (which is the superior ability this generation) and Crunch as an egg move. I kept the one with the best IVs. Next up, I put a Naive Ditto in the Day-Care together with the Carvanha I caught. On the first egg, I got a Naive Carvanha, and was so done with that. Moving on, I withdrew a Male Smeargle and a Registeel, went into a battle and let Smeargle use Sketch to learn Rock Slide from Registeel. Then I put it in the Day-Care with a female Lonely Torchic which I had given the Everstone to. I quickly hatched some Lonely Torchic which knew Rock Slide as an egg move, kept the one with the best IVs.

I continued by putting a Zangoose in the Day-Care together with an Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone. Got a bunch of Adamant Zangoose and kept the one with the best IVs. After that, I withdrew my Corphish and my "team" in this game as I had to train Corphish a bit. It was at level 28 and I had to get it to level 38. I had a bunch of strong trainers on my Pokenav that I could battle, so I battled Wally, Roxanne, Flannery and Wattson. This got Corphish to level 37, I then gave it a Rare Candy so it grew to level 38. I put it in the Day-Care with a female Adamant Anorith holding an Everstone and got a couple of Adamant Anorith knowing Swords Dance and Knock Off, kept the one with the best IVs. Then I put a Tropius in the Day-Care together with a Relaxed Ditto holding an Everstone. Got a bunch of Relaxed Tropius and kept the one with the best IVs as always. With this, I had hatched all the members of what is going to be my upcoming team on Ruby. I went to Slateport and with all of them in my party, I went to the Name Rater and gave them all nicknames. Tomorrow, I will start breeding the members of my Sapphire team, though I will probably not be able to obtain all of them by then.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Back in Lilycove, I was able to go into the Team Aqua hideout. Inside, I defeated a whole bunch of Aqua members and used warp panels to get around. I made sure that I explored every part of the hideout so that I did not miss out on getting the Master Ball. At the end, I watched the stolen submarine leave for the ocean.

After that, I Surfed all the way to Mossdeep city. I sold and bought a few things at the mart, then stopped playing for the day.

I went to the Safari Zone to capture some Pokemon. I wandered around the tall grass and I captured a wild Pikachu and an Oddish. I tried to capture a Xatu, but it fled before I was able to catch it. I left the Safari Zone after my time ran out and I headed east. I battled some more trainers and then I finally arrived in Lilycove City. I visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed to the Department Store afterwards, but my rival was blocking the way. I had to defeat them in order to finally access it and I purchased some items there. I left the Department Store and I visited the Art Museum and some of the other buildings around town. I heard that Team Magma was hiding in a cove near the city and I saved on the way there.

I did some heavy training around Mauville City and caught a Marill in the process. I taught my Loudred Rock Smash so it would be able to do some super effective damage against Gymleader Watson's Magneton. In the gymleaderbattle my Linoone took down Watson's Magnemite and Voltorb. We he sent out Magneton I switched into Gloom and put the Magneton to sleep using sleep powder. I than switched into Grovyle to lower Magneton's defense using Screech. After two screeches I switched out for Loudred who was now able to do some heavy damage using rock smash. The Magneton woke up and also did a great deal of damage using its Shock Wave. After some healing items on both sides, Loudred managed to break through his Paralysis and landed the final Rock Smash. Watson than handed me over the Dynamo Badge and the TM for Shock Wave. Now being able to use Rock Smash out of battle I'll be taking on Route 111 and head for the fourth gym!

Badges: 7 | Pokedex: 69/719 | Shinies: 1
    ~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | HeartGold BadgeQuest |~

I Surfed toward the Team Magma Hideout and I battled some Team Magma grunts when I arrived, then I headed deeper into the hideout. I battled more Team Magma grunts as I made my way around and I eventually found a room where there were some Electrode and a Master Ball. I got the Master Ball and I warped to another section of the hideout. I eventually reached the end of the hideout, but I had to battle against Tabitha. He sent out his Numel and I used my Swampert's Surf to defeat it. I switched to Torkoal and I beat Tabitha's Mightyena. Finally, I used my Swellow against his Camerupt and I defeated Tabitha. Unfortunately, Team Magma's submarine managed to get away and I saved outside.

I started playing today by looking around Mossdeep city. I went into Steven's house and obtained the Dive HM from him. Then, I visited the Space Center and talked to several people who talked about the rocket launches that go on there.

When I was done with that, I went back out to Route 124. I had skipped all the trainers on this route the first time around because I was in a hurry to reach Mossdeep. So, I took the time to defeat them all. My Manectric became my first Pokemon to surpass level 40, reaching level 41 once I was done with Route 124. After that, I headed back to Route 123, this time exploring the part accessible by Surfing passed Mt. Pyre. There, I trained my Sceptile up to lv.41 as well.

Lastly, I made myself a Secret Base on Route 115. I went shopping for some more decorations and put them up in my base.

After swapping Shards for evolutionary stones, I Surfed a bit more and I reached Mossdeep City at long last. I went to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon there and after having my team healed, I went shopping at the local Poke Mart. I purchased some Dive Balls for later and then I went around to talk to everyone. I visited the Space Center and then I went to the Mossdeep City Gym. I entered and after being sent around the Gym a few times via the sliding tiles there, I battled various Gym trainers and their Psychic-type Pokemon. I changed the direction of the sliding tiles as I went around the Gym and I eventually made a clear path to Liza and Tate. Once I was at their location at the end of the Gym, I saved.

Flew back to Mossdeep. From there, I headed up to Route 125 in order to explore and train some more before doing the Mossdeep Gym. After defeating all the trainers on that route, I entered Shoal Cave and started wandering around. I fought a few wild Pokemon there and also found several Shoal Shell items.

When I was done with that, I left and started going back to some of the earlier areas of the game. Right now, I am taking care of some trainer rematches. I currently have half my team at level 41 and I want to get my other three Pokemon to at least level 40 before going back to Mossdeep and taking on the Gym there.

I challenged Liza and Tate at the end of the Mossdeep City Gym. Since it was a double battle, they sent out two Pokemon, Solrock and Lunatone. I used my Hariyama and Swampert and I had Swampert score a critical hit Mud Shot attack on Lunatone. Sadly it didn't faint though and the Gym Leaders healed it before my Hariyama was able to attack. I changed tactics and I started to use Hariyama mostly for defensive purposes and Swampert for offensive purposes. After a few minutes, Solrock fainted after getting hit with Surf and then only Lunatone remained. I was lucky enough to score yet another effective Surf attack and I beat Liza and Tate. I received the Mind Badge and the Calm Mind TM and I saved.

I ended up battling every trainer who wanted a rematch with me. By the time I was done fighting them all, every Pokemon on my team was at least level 40.

I then decided that it was time to go to the Mossdeep Gym. There, I had to ride on these panels that took me in all sorts of directions in order to reach the Gym Leaders. I screwed up the puzzle on purpose so that I could fight every trainer in the Gym. Once I had done that, I took the correct path to Tate and Liza and battled them. They weren't that hard since they only use Solrock and Lunatone in this game. I had Slowking and Manectric take out Lunatone on the first turn and then Solrock on the second. I got badge #7 and also the TM for Calm Mind, which I taught to Slowking right away.

Lv. 41-42

I left the Mossdeep City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. Since I could now use the move Dive outside of battle, I headed out to sea again and I used it above a dark patch of water. I traveled around underwater for a while, looking for the cavern entrance that would lead me to Team Magma's location. I got there eventually and I resurfaced at the Seafloor Cavern. I wandered around a bit until I met some Team Magma grunts. I had to battle my way around the cavern, which was a lot harder to do without being able to heal my Pokemon. I had to settle for using Potions and other items and then I had to solve some puzzles including one with currents and one with boulders. I saved after those.

I went back to Dewford Town and then used the PC to take out my Tentacool. I taught it Dive and then went over to the Abandoned Ship on Route 108. There, I explored both the upper part of the ship as well as the sunken part that was only accessible using Dive.

I found a bunch of items on the ship, including the TMs for Ice Beam and Rain Dance. I taught Ice Beam to my Slowking. Then, I used the Rain Dance TM and a Thunder TM I bought in Lilycove on Manectric. Now, both these Pokemon have complete movesets.

Another thing I found was a Scanner. I showed it to a scientist on board who told me to show it to Capt. Stern. So, I left and went back to Slateport. I found Stern and gave him the Scanner in exchange for a Deepseatooth.

I battled more Team Magma grunts as I made my way around Seafloor Cavern. I eventually reached the last cave and I walked towards the pool of lav. Groudon was sleeping beneath the magma, but then Maxie arrived and challenged me to a battle. He sent out his Mightyena first and I used my Camerupt against it. I managed to score a critical hit Overheat attack and Mightyena fainted. Maxie sent out his Camerupt once Mightyena was defeated and I used Swampert's Surf to defeat it. I then had to face off against Archie's Crobat and my Manectric's Thunderbolt attack was more than enough for that. Once Maxie lost the battle, the orbs activated and Groudon left Seafloor Cavern and I saved at the surface.

From Slateport, I headed north and went into the Trick House since I hadn't been there yet. I did the very first puzzle there, which involved going through a maze-like room full of trees I had to Cut down. It was not that hard for me to find my way out and reach the Trick Master. I received a Rare Candy from him.

After that, I went back to the waters around Mossdeep. There, I used Dive on all the dark blue spots in order to explore the underwater areas and find some cool items. When I was done with that, I returned to the city and stocked up on some items. Then, I Surfed south from Mossdeep until coming across a long strip of dark water. I dove into it and began making my way down a deep, long trench. At the end, I saw the submarine Team Aqua stole. I surfaced, ending up in the Seafloor Cavern.

I spoke to Steven about the drought that was happening around the region, then I flew to Mossdeep City to heal my Pokemon and to shop for items at the Poke Mart. Once I had purchased all the necessary items, I set off for Sootopolis City. I had to Surf around the sea routes for a while until I spotted the white island that was Sootopolis City. I had to use Dive first since I couldn't access it otherwise and then I resurfaced in the middle of the city. I went to the local Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon, then I Surfed across the lake until I reached the side where Steven Stone was waiting. He told me that I needed to stop Groudon inside the Cave of Origin, so I entered the cave. I saved before reaching Groudon's lair.

I began exploring the Seafloor Cavern. The cave was full of many Team Aqua members, Strength puzzles, and different paths to take. It took me a while to cover the entire place and make sure I didn't miss anything. Near the end, I found a TM for the move Earthquake, which I taught to Hitmontop.

At the end of the cavern, I saw Kyogre. But then, Archie appeared and battled me. He was a little annoying to defeat because his Pokemon kept Confusing mine. I was able to defeat him when my Slowking was able to set up a couple Calm Minds and snap out of Confusion. When the battle was over, Archie said that he was going to use the Red Orb to awaken and control Kyogre...but he epically failed at that. The orb started glowing on its own and Kyogre left.

Then, we found out that it was raining too hard outside. Maxie and some Team Magma people then showed up to yell at Archie for being an idiot. We all then surfaced, where it was indeed raining like crazy. Steven flew in out of nowhere and told me he was going to Sootopolis, so I will go there too.

I got to the end of Cave of Origin and I saw Groudon there. I headed towards it and battled it. I tried to weaken it slowly with my Swellow, but things weren't working out. I switch tactics and used Sceptile's Leaf Blade and that move paid off, meaning that I would have an easier time capturing it. I tossed Ultra Balls at it and it was captured in the fifth one. With Groudon in my possession and the Hoenn weather crisis stopped, I returned to the surface and I was allowed to access the Sootopolis City Gym. I didn't go there just yet though. I swapped Pokemon at the PC, as well as heal the ones that were injured while battling Groudon. Once that was done, I entered the Sootopolis Gym and saved inside.

I started Surfing on the ocean. When I reached Route 126, I used Dive and found the entrance to Sootopolis City. I went up to the surface and stopped by the Sootopolis Pokemon Center. After that, I wandered around the city until running into Steven again. He introduced me to Wallace and then the three of us headed over to the entrance to the Cave of Origin. I went inside by myself.

The cave had many floors. It didn't take me too long to reach the bottom, though, since the place was pretty empty except for the Waterfall HM. On the very last floor, I found Kyogre and fought it. I weakened it with Manectric's Thunder. When Manectric fainted, I sent in Slowking to paralyze Kyogre with Thunder Wave and then absorb Kyogre's attacks. I then started trying to catch Kyogre, succeeding after tossing no more than 10 Net Balls. I used an Escape Rope to get out.

I got inside Wallace's Gym and walked on the floors of ice. I was able to cross the first icy floor without falling to the bottom, but I forgot the pattern to the second one and I fell through to the bottom where I had to battle Gym trainers. I was able to use Breloom and Manectric to counter their Water-type Pokemon and I continued my way around the icy floors on the top level of the Gym and I reached Wallace's place. I had a change of heart when I arrived there though and I purposely fell through the icy floors in order to battle against the Gym trainers for some more experience. I left to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I returned to the Sootopolis City Gym to challenge Wallace.

Since my last post, I have done a ton of things. First of all, I continued breeding on Emerald, this time for the members of my upcoming Sapphire Team. I started by putting my Walrein in the Day-Care together with a Brave Ditto holding an Everstone. I got a bunch of Brave Spheal and kept the one with the best IVs. Next, I put the same Ditto back in the Day-Care together with the Numel I caught earlier. I got a Brave Numel on my first egg and kept it. After that, I gave an Everstone to my Adamant Ditto and put it in the Day-Care together with the Zubat I caught earlier. I quickly got a female Adamant Zubat. Gave it the Everstone and put it in the Day-Care with a male Skarmory which is a relic from my previous file on LeafGreen. From them, I got a bunch of Adamant Zubat which knew Steel Wing, I kept one of the female ones with the best IVs.

Put the same Ditto back in the Day-Care together with the Absol I traded over from Sapphire. Hatched a female Adamant Absol to which I gave the Everstone, put it in the Day-Care with a Smeargle. Got a bunch of Adamant Absol which knew Baton Pass, kept the one with the best IVs. After that, I put the same Ditto back in the Day-Care once more, this time together with the Lairon I caught earlier. I got an Adamant Aron with Rock Head and kept it. Finally, the last member, which required some chain breeding. I started by putting a male Parasect and a female Hoppip in the Day-Care. Hatched a bunch of Hoppip which all knew Giga Drain, kept a male one. Trained it a little, then I put it in the Day-Care with a Modest Female Exeggcute holding an Everstone. Got a bunch of Modest Exeggcute which knew Giga Drain and Synthesis, kept a female one with the best IVs.

With that, I had hatched all members for both of my teams for Ruby and Sapphire. But the breeding was only the beginning, the real things start now. First of all, I went to Slateport and nicknamed the ones that will be my future Sapphire team. After that, I had to do the easy part of their EV-training, which was to give them vitamins. I gave vitamins to all 12 Pokemon, since I have a stash saved on Emerald since several years back; I used it, though I had to buy a couple of new ones as well. It took a while since the vitamins can’t be spammed as easily as in future generations. But it went through in the end anyway. And with that done, the next thing I had to do was to teach everyone moves that they can learn by TM and move tutors. I started with the TMs which went rather easy. As for the Move Tutors, it went less easy. I needed 3 moves costing 48 BP each, but could only afford 2 of them, which I started with. After that, I had to battle to get more BP... and that is when a disaster struck.

I went to the Bet Man in the Battle Frontier and he wanted me to battle in Double Battles in the Battle Tower... and I guess I will be stuck with this forever since the internal battery on my game has died. Could have been both better and worse, I suppose. I gave him 15 BP, then I put together a team of Salamence, Gyarados, Porygon2 and Dusclops and entered the line in question. I had a win streak of 7 since earlier and continued from there. I managed to win the first 6 battles, but then I lost, embarrassingly enough, in the 7th battle. It wasn’t any hax involved or anything, I just made some extremely stupid decisions against a team I shouldn’t have had any problems against. The main thing I did wrong was to enter with a bad team and not take the thing seriously enough, which costed me everything. I lost, and even worse, I lost all the BP I had betted as well, and I didn’t have enough left to make another try. This made my motivation sink quite a bit, so I decided to do something else.

I went to the Battle Pike and entered with a team of Starmie, Metagross and Blissey. Had a streak of 28 (2 rounds) since earlier, so I continued from there and won one more round. Then I reset my streak and won the first two rounds, Lucy included. With this, I had got a bit of BP again. Went to the Battle Tower again, entered the Double Battles with a team of Salamence, Metagross, Blissey and Dusclops twice, betting 15 BP each time. I won both times, and now I had enough BP to get the final Move Tutor move I needed. Another bitter example of what a bad idea it is to underestimate the Battle Frontier, which I technically have learned long ago but it ends up getting me in the end anyway.

With that unnecessary sub-adventure over, I continued with the last part of the move distribution. For the Pokemon that needed TMs but couldn’t learn them yet, I simply gave them the TMs to hold. Then, I traded over the teams to their correct games, my Ruby team to Ruby and my Sapphire Team to Sapphire. At the same time, I traded back my Contest Team and my R/S Battle Tower team to Emerald. With this, the role of Emerald was done regarding all of this. I still needed some TMs though, but had to get these from other games. I traded over them from my second Sapphire and from FireRed. Now, everything was ready for the things do be done in the games they had to be done in.

I had to start with EV-training the teams. EV-training on 3rd gen isn’t that fun since I miss my beloved Power Items and Pokerus (and it seems extremely unlikely that I will be able to get it on this generation), everything goes much slower and takes a longer time compared to future generations. But it has to be done. And at least I have the Macho Brace which cuts everything in half it isn't much but it’s better than nothing. I started with EV-training my Ruby team.

And finished EV-training all of them. Along the way, Electrike evolved into Manectric and Torchic into Combusken. Also, Carvanha learned Crunch and Zangoose learned Swords Dance. Zangoose is the only one on the team so far who has its final moveset. I also screwed up a bit while EV-training Combusken and had to reset once, but it was very minor, the only thing I ended up losing in the end was a bit of time. EV-training in Attack is also rather frustrating on Ruby as the semi-low chance of meeting Zangoose and Nuzleaf on Route 114 can get to you, and seeing 5 Swablu in a row gets annoying very quickly. I even met a couple of Surskit along the way, rare as they are. The Shuppet at Mt. Pyre in Sapphire and Emerald are definitely something I prefer. But I made it, and now I won’t ever have to EV-train on Ruby again. But I will not start with the real training of this team until I am done with the EV-training on Sapphire as well.

Which I started with, slightly. I completed the EV-training of my Spheal today. Got 5 Pokemon left to EV-train and I hope to be done with all of them in 2 days.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I finally challenged Wallace to a battle and he sent out his Luvdisc first and I used Breloom. I had Breloom attack Wallace's Luvdisc with Bullet Seed. It did a lot of damage, but Luvdisc survived and used Attract. I had to swap out to my Manectric and it beat Luvdisc with Shock Wave. I defeated Wallace's Seaking with Shock Wave as well, then I used Swellow to fight against Whiscash. Two Wing Attacks were enough to bring it down and then I swapped back to Manectric when Wallace used Sealeo. I attacked Sealeo with Shock Wave and then I beat down his Milotic with my Swampert and I got the Rain Badge from Wallace. I also got the Water Pulse TM as well and I saved before leaving the Sootopolis City Gym.

Before doing anything else in Sootopolis, I thought that I should explore more of the ocean routes just so that I won't have to worry about them later. I started by exploring all of Routes 126 and 127. There were many things for me to do on those routes since there was a lot deep water for me to use Dive in. I was able to find a bunch of items on the sea floor while searching around Underwater. Also, there were many trainers for me to fight while on the surface of the ocean, which really helped my team grow in levels.

When I was done with R. 126-127, I returned to Mossdeep and stored some of the items I found in my PC. I then sold the remaining items at the mart and bought some more repels and potions. Next, I think I'll go down to the routes leading to Pacifidlog Town.

With the Sootopolis City Gym battle done, I headed to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. Once that was done and I bought some items at the local Poke Mart, I was undecided on where to go next. I decided to just wander around for a while since I wasn't up to the task of heading towards Ever Grande City just yet. I flew to Lilycove City instead and I visited the Pokemon Contest and I challenged the Master Rank Cool Contest category, just for something to do. My Swampert didn't make it very far, so I left to the Safari Zone where I spent around 15 minutes searching for a wild Heracross. I then headed south towards Mt. Pyre and I decided to climb it to return the Orb that I had gotten from there.

I Surfed all the way down to Route 128 and began fighting the trainers there. I then kept Surfing until reaching Ever Grande City, though I couldn't do anything there at the moment since I can't use Waterfall outside of battle yet. Instead, I continued Surfing to the stretch of ocean leading to Pacifidlog Town. This long patch of ocean consisted of Routes 129-131 and were pretty empty except for trainer battles.

After dealing with all the trainers on those routes, I reached Pacifidlog. I used the Pokemon Center and then visited all the houses in town. Now, I think I'm ready to head back to Sootopolis, so I'll do that next time.

Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast