Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3625

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I got inside of Mt. Pyre and I made my way to the outside portion of the mountain. I climbed steps until I reached the graveyard area of the mountain's summit. I met Maxie at the shrine and he returned the Orb that he had taken and after leaving, I returned the other Orb. I flew back to Fortree City and I bought some furniture for my Secret Base, which was west of Fortree City in a clump of trees. I visited my Secret Base and I moved various furniture items around before I set off to Mauville City once more. I visited the Pokemon Day Care and then I headed to Mossdeep City. I Surfed north until I reached the patch of sea there and I battled all the trainers. I entered Shoal Cave and I saved before exploring it.

Continued with the EV-training on Sapphire today. I completed the EV-training of my Numel and Zubat (which evolved into Golbat along the way), and I did half the EV-training of my Absol, which learned Swords Dance along the way, completing its moveset. Should have done more but I didn't spend my time wisely so it didn't happen. Everything went well today, while the Shuppet at Mt. Pyre might make things easier than the Zangoose/Nuzleaf at Route 114, it didn't feel like it went that much faster in the end. Still, I definitely prefer the 100% encounter rate as opposed to just 29%. Speaking of encounter rates, I met 2 Kecleon on Route 118 today, they do apparently have a 1% encounter rate there. I didn't meet a single one in Ruby so I didn't know they could be found there until today. Anyway, I will continue with the EV-training tomorrow, hoping to complete all of it by then.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

After visiting Shoal Cave, I Surfed towards Pacifidlog Town. Wild Tentacool kept popping up, which was annoying after a while. I didn't have enough Max Repels on me, so I had to fly back to Sootopolis City to stock up on those. I then set off towards Pacifidlog Town once more. After battling tons of Swimmer trainers along the water routes, I finally arrived at Pacifidlog Town. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center there and then I wandered around to talk to the other people. I managed to pick up the TM containing Return and then I set off towards Slateport City by Surfing through the currents west of Pacifidlog Town. I eventually reached an island with a trainer and I saved after battling him.

Flew back to Sootopolis City. After talking to all the residents there, I went to the little island where the Gym was. Steven was blocking the door and talked to me for a while before leaving and allowing me to go inside. The Gym was an ice puzzle, which was pretty easy for me because I've had the solution memorized for years. But after stepping on all the ice tiles, I fell through on purpose so that I could fight the trainers in the basement.

Once I was done with all the Gym trainers, I left to heal and then came back. I did the ice puzzle again and then challenged Wallace. My Sceptile took out his Luvdisc and Whiscash with Leaf Blade. Then, I sent in Hitmontop to defeat Sealeo with Brick Break. His last two Pokemon were Seaking and Milotic, which I used Manectric against. Seaking wasn't that strong, but Milotic was harder because it managed to barely survive Manectric's Thunder and got Manectric down to red health. Still, I won and earned my last badge.

lv. 44-47

I battled some trainers along the currents west of Pacifidlog Town and I Surfed towards Slateport City. I stopped by several islands along the way so I was able to gain battling experience from the trainers there. I eventually reached Slateport City and I healed at the local Pokemon Center before I set off to Mauville City. I stopped by the Trick Master's house along the way, just to compete in one of his puzzles, but I ended up staying there longer than I thought I would. I left after receiving his prizes and I flew back to Lilycove City. I headed to the Safari Zone west of there. I roamed around the Safari Zone, looking for wild Pokemon that I hadn't yet captured. I saved the game after capturing a Pinsir and a Rhyhorn.

Started today with doing the final EV-training on Sapphire. I completed EV-training my Absol, then I also EV-trained my Aron and Exeggcute. With that, all members on both teams were fully EV-trained. Now I could start with the actual training. My goal is to get everything to level 85 which is what I always go for regarding post-game teams, but I have no idea how long it will take to get there this time. I have decided to divide the training into four phases, with the first three ending with a test or something along those lines, and when the fourth is done, the whole thing will be complete.

Started with the training today by getting all members of both teams to at least level 30. On Ruby, I bought a Protect TM and taught it to Manectric, which completed its moveset. Along the way, Carvanha also evolved into Sharpedo, which allowed it to learn Earthquake and complete its moveset. On Sapphire, Aron learned Iron Tail at level 29, otherwise nothing of interest happened here. Regarding the movesets as a whole, half of the Ruby team has their final movesets but only 2 on Sapphire has their. Currently, the Sapphire team is slightly ahead the Ruby team as they gained more levels during the EV-training, but I will try to even out everything as soon as possible. Going to continue tomorrow.

Will also include the teams in all of my posts from now on. Aquarelle, your team format is so awesome that I'm going to copy it, hope you don't mind.

Ruby Team:
    - level 30-32
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 30-38

After I had captured Pokemon at the Safari Zone, I flew back to Sootopolis City and I purchased some items for the journey through Victory Road. I dove Underwater and I resurfaced in the ocean outside Sootopolis City. I Surfed around and battled Swimmers that I had ignored the last time I was exploring the area, then I found the way to Ever Grande City. Once there, I used Waterfall to climb the waterfall that was at the entrance to the island and I healed at the local Pokemon Center. I then headed out and I entered Victory Road. I battled against several wild Pokemon including wild Golbat, Hariyama, Lairon and Loudred, then I started to make my way towards the center of the cave and I saved the game.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd June 2014 at 1:32 AM.

Today, I started to explore some areas that have opened up to me now that I can use Waterfall. I flew back to Fallarbor Town and went out to Route 114. There was a small waterfall on that route and climbing it allowed me to obtain a Rare Candy.

After getting that item, I continued down to Meteor Falls. I went up the large waterfall in the first room in order to access the deeper parts of the cave. There, I found a few trainers to battle as well as some items. One item that I made sure to get was the Dragon Claw TM, which I taught to my Sceptile right away.

When I was done in Meteor Falls, I took care of a few trainer rematches since there weren't too many people who wanted to fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Aquarelle, your team format is so awesome that I'm going to copy it, hope you don't mind.
    I don't mind at all.

I continued moving around Victory Road and I used Flash and also Rock Smash and Strength to crush rocks and move boulders out of the way on the cavern's second floor. I don't know how I did it, but I found the stairs to the next level quickly and I battled more trainers. I got to an underground lake and I Surfed until I reached a waterfall. I traveled over that and I got to the final stretch. I met Wally before I got out of the cave though and I battled against him. His Roselia and Magneton were easy prey for my Camerupt, but his Gardevoir proved to be difficult to beat. I eventually took it down, only to have to fight his Altaria and then Delcatty. Once they were beaten and Wally lost, I saved before leaving Victory Road.

I finally recoved my gameboy advanced SP, and for the first time in years i booted up my sapphire.

After rebooting my clock, and greeting the neighbor's daughter, I picked my starter: A young and naive Mudkip. we barely defeated a poochyena, and went to birch's lab. As he says I can claim the mudkip, I get hit by a heavy push of nostalgia, and prepare for an epic adventure.

I train my mudkip for a while, and catch a wurmple, who is female, cause we need some girlpower.

i say hey to my dad, and help some rookie catch his first poke.
    Last edited by phanpycross; 3rd June 2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I don't mind at all.
    Thanks.

Continued with the training today. I only battled wild Pokemon yesterday, but today, I started battling against trainers. Though I only battled the trainers that are on the Routes around Mauville (117/110/118). Along the way, Combusken evolved into Blaziken, Anorith into Armaldo, Spheal into Sealeo, Numel into Camerupt, Golbat into Crobat and Aron into Lairon. I also evolved Exeggcute into Exeggutor with a Leaf Stone when it had reached level 37 and learned Sleep Powder which completed its moveset. Regarding the movesets for the others, Armaldo could learn Earthquake by TM once it had evolved, completing its moveset. Tropius learned Magical Leaf along the way, Camerupt learned Rock Slide and Earthquake, and I also bought a Protect TM which I taught to it, completing its moveset. Crobat learned Fly once it had evolved, completing its moveset. The only ones which doesn't have their final movesets now are Blaziken, Tropius and Lairon. In the end, I got everything to level 40, which completes the first phase of the training. I fear it might be going a bit slower from here on, though I don't really have any other choice but to continue. With the first phase complete, it is time for the first test, which I'm hoping to both start and complete tomorrow. I'll also take it a bit easier with the training from now on, but as said, I don't think there is any other choice but to do just that.

Ruby Team:
    - level 40
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 40

I left Victory Road after defeating Wally and I headed to the Pokemon League. I went inside and I healed my Pokemon and I also purchased items at the mart since I was running low after my journey through Victory Road. I decided that I might as well do some last-minute training before I challenged the Hoenn Elite Four. I went inside Victory Road since that was really the only place available for training and I battled the Pokemon inside. I got lucky and found a wild Whiscash in the underground lake there and I captured it. I then spent around 40 minutes just grinding in the cave and I eventually had to leave to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon League again. I came up with my final team and then saved the game.

Went back to the Trick House. I completed two more puzzles there today. The first puzzle I did was a maze where I had to step on switches that filled in gaps in the ground. The puzzle that followed also involved stepping on switches, but this time the switches opened and closed various doors. For completing these two challenges, I received a Timer Ball and a Hard Stone from the Trick Master.

After that, I headed back to Mauville and exchanged my bike for the Acro Bike. I then went to Route 119, where I explored the areas that required Waterfall and thrives on the Acro Bike to reach.
    Then, I flew back to Pacifidlog and Surfed until reaching the waters of Ever Grande City. I climbed the big waterfall there and entered the Pokemon Center. Next , I will go through Victory Road.

I entered the Pokemon League, walked up the stairs and I arrived in Elite Four member Sidney's room. After talking with Sidney, we began to battle. He sent out his Mightyena and I used my Hariyama. Hariyama was able to beat Mightyena with a Brick Break attack and I had to battle against Sidney's Shiftry afterwards and I used my Swellow's Aerial Ace attack to beat it. I used Camerupt's Overheat attack against Sidney's Cacturne, then I used Hariyama again when Sidney used his Absol. I sent out my Breloom to battle against Sidney's Sharpedo and I easily defeated Sharpedo with a Mega Drain attack. Afterwards, I healed my Pokemon after beating Sidney and I saved the game before moving on to other rooms.

Finished making my final preparations for Victory Road. I made the decision to leave my Sceptile and Swellow behind in the PC in order to make room in my party for a couple of HM slaves. After making sure my team was fully healed and that I had everything I needed, I stepped into Victory Road.

Victory Road was quite a large cave, so I was there for some time. I took my time making sure that I explored every part and fought every trainer. When I was finally about to exit the place, Wally showed up out of nowhere and battled me. My Manectric took out his Altaria, Delcatty, and Magneton. I then switched to Slowking in order to deal with Roselia and Gardevoir. Once Wally was defeated, I left Victory Road and ended up at the Pokemon League.

lv. 46-48
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 4th June 2014 at 11:42 PM.

After I beat Sidney, I went to the next room to challenge Phoebe. She talked about her Ghost-type Pokemon, then we began to battle. I used Breloom against her first Dusclops since I hadn't prepared any Dark or Ghost-type Pokemon for the battle. I got lucky and beat Dusclops with a Mega Drain attack, but things got tough when she sent out a Banette. I used Camerupt against it, but Camerupt took damage from Banette. Phoebe's Sableye was extremely annoying, but my Swampert took care of it eventually. I used Manectric against Phoebe's second Banette, but things were still hard. I beat Banette with Swellow, then I beat her second Dusclops with Manectric's Thunder attack. I defeated Phoebe, then I saved.

I found out that my wurmple evolved into silicoon, after wgich I had to catch another wurmple, who finally evolved into cascoon.

i went to Roxanne's gym, where mudkip started ripping everthing apart, evolving into marshtomp in the process.

After helping some old weirdo get his stuffed bird back, i got him to sail me to dewford town in his boat.

i headed into granite cave first, catching an aron, and saving my progress.

I healed my Pokemon after beating Phoebe and I headed into the next room. I entered Glacia's chamber and after chatting a bit, we began to battle. I sent out my Camerupt when Glacia sent out her Glalie. I was able to beat it with an Overheat attack and I swapped out to Manectric when Glacia sent out her Sealeo. I used Thunderbolt to defeat Sealeo, then I had to battle against Glacia's second Sealeo. I used Breloom against it and once it was defeated, I fought against her Walrein. I defeated it with Breloom's Mega Drain, then I only had to battle against her second Glalie. I used Hariyama's Focus Punch attack against it and then I defeated Glacia. I healed my Pokemon again with Full Restores and then I saved.

Started today with the first test for my team. Which was more a test for me rather than the team. I had decided to travel across most of the water routes in the games and look for trainers I hadn't battled and items I hadn't picked up yet. I started by going south from Route 104 to Route 105 and all the way around to Route 109. Didn't find anything interesting along the way though. I then flew to Lilycove and went west to Route 124. I continued along all the surrounding water routes all the way down to Pacifidlog. Also used Dive to explore all underwater areas I could find along the way. I decided to not travel across the routes west of Pacifidlog since the current makes it annoying for exploring, and I have a feeling I have already explored everything there already.

On both games, I found a bunch of items I hadn't found earlier, and on Sapphire, I also met and battled a couple of trainers I hadn't met before. But since I rushed Sapphire to the extreme when I played through it almost 11 years ago, it isn't that surprising. After this, I sold some of the items I had found, stashed some others in my PC, and went to the Shard Maniac on Route 124 to trade the Shards I had found for evolutionary stones. In retrospect, it might have been a better idea to save them and migrate them to Platinum in the future, but it is too late now, and I don't really think I'll ever need any more Shards in Platinum anyway. After that, I continued with the training. I battled a bunch of trainers with the Pokenav. In the end, I got all members of both teams to level 45. Along the way, Sealeo evolved into Walrein and Lairon evolved into Aggron, making all members of both teams fully evolved. Will continue tomorrow, likely taking it even easier then.

Ruby Team:
    - level 45
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 45

I met Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four and we then began to battle and I battled Drake's Shelgon first. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be since Shelgon had huge defensive stats. It took a while to beat it using Hariyama. Once that was done, I used Swampert against Drake's first Flygon. Since my Swampert knew Ice Beam, I was able to beat Flygon easily. I used my Swampert against Drake's Altaria and it lost to Ice Beam as well. I then used Breloom against Drake's second Flygon and I beat it with Mega Drain. Drake sent out his Salamence next and I used Manectric against it. I had it use Thunder and Salamence lost eventually. I healed my Pokemon and saved before entering Steven's room.

Decided to get in a little more training before doing the league. I flew back to Pacifidlog Town and began Surfing on the routes leading to Slateport. This stretch of ocean consisted of Routes 132-134 and had very fast currents. I made sure to fight every trainer along these routes and some of my team members gained levels as a result. I also took some time to just explore. I ended up finding the Dive spot that leads to the Sealed Chamber and did go there for a minute, even though I couldn't do anything there at the moment. Anyway, it took me way longer than I had hoped to do everything I wanted to do along R. 132-134 as I had difficulty remembering which current paths went where and which areas I'd already been to. I had to Fly back to Pacifidlog like 59624547 times before I was confident that I hadn't missed anything.

After that was done, I returned to the Pokemon League. I bought some healing items and will start the Elite Four next.

I entered Steven's room and Steven sent out his Skarmory. I used my Camerupt's Overheat attack and I brought Skarmory down. Steven sent out his Aggron next and I used Breloom against it. I scored a critical hit with Solarbeam and Aggron fainted. Steven then switched to his Metagross, but I used Camerupt's Earthquake attack to defeat Metagross. He then sent out his Armaldo and I used Hariyama's Brick Break against it. Armaldo couldn't take it and it fainted. I then had to fight against Cradily and I used Swampet's Surf attack against it. I beat it eventually, then I defeated Claydol with Swampert's Ice Beam attack. I then got registered into the Hall of Fame by Steven and I turned off the game after the credits.

I began my Elite Four challenge.
    My team:

Lv. 48-49

My first battle was against Sidney. He lead with his Mightyena while I started with Sceptile. Mightyena was a little annoying to deal with because it lowered Sceptile's Accuracy with Sand Attack. Once Mightyena went down, Sidney sent in Absol and I switched to Hitmontop. I used Bulk Up once and then proceeded to sweep the rest of Sidney's team with Brick Break.

Next up was Phoebe. This battle was extremely annoying. I took care of her first Dusclops with Manectric without much difficulty. But then, Manectric greatly disappointed against her second Dusclops and fainted. I sent in Swellow, thinking it had enough Attack to finish the job, but I was totally wrong and Swellow did even worse. Slowking came out and finally took that Dusclops down. I used Sceptile against Phoebe's last three Pokemon. The Banettes went down easily, but Sableye was a jerk because of Attract.

Now, I'll heal my dead Pokemon and then continue.

I woke up in Littleroot Town and I went downstairs. There was an announcement about a Flying Pokemon that was roaming Hoenn, then I talked to my dad. I headed over to Slateport City to take my first ride on the S.S. Tidal. I entered the ship and I met Mr. Briney on board. I then entered the various cabins and I battled against the trainers inside. I then headed down and battled the crew there. I healed in my cabin, then the ship arrived in Lilycove City. I visited the Lilycove City Department Store and I purchased some items there using the prize money that I won from the Elite Four challenge. I then left for the Safari Zone and I captured some wild Pokemon there. I saved after evolving some Pokemon.

The third Elite Four battle was against Glacia, who started with Glalie. I started with my Miltank since I hadn't used it yet in the league. Miltank used Toxic to Poison Glalie, then stalled for a few turns in order to lower Glalie's HP. Once its health was low enough, I had Miltank finish it off with Body Slam. Glacia's next Pokemon was Sealeo, so I switched to Manectric and hoped that it could redeem itself somewhat after the last E4 battle. I went straight for Thunder and defeated Sealeo. I did not Rain Dance first because I did not think Manectric could survive a rain-boosted Surf. Then, I switched to my Slowking as the second Sealeo came out. After a few Calm Mind boosts, Slowking defeated that Sealeo and the other Glalie. I had Slowking use Thunder Wave on Walrein, then switched to Hitmontop and took it out with Brick Break.

The last of the Elite Four battles was against Drake, and was probably the easiest one for me. I had Slowking use Calm Mind once against Shelgon, then just Ice Beamed Drake's entire team to death. I was worried about Slowking's low Speed being an issue in this battle, but fortunately its Quick Claw activated three times in a row.

Next, all that's left is the Champion.

Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast