Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3488

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I got a Castform after clearing the Weather Institute of Team Aqua ^.^ The scientist says there's a lot of them around the institute, but there's only one ever. Ah well. I've been training the Castform I've got ever since, revisiting old routes hoping to get a rematch with the other trainers. I got Castform up to L30 and he learned Weather Ball, which pretty much OHKOes everything after a weather set up. After I reach Lilycove I'll be giving Thunder to him, so he'll be all set. I trained Castform up to L46 to get on par with the rest of the team, then I continued on to Fortree. Fought May for a bit, reached Fortree. Got the Devon Scope from Steven and battled Winona.

Sort of. I was highly overleveled so it was more like a stompout. Most of her Pokemon took one hit to kill except Pelipper. I sent out Castform against it and Weather Balled it 3 times to kill.

Fly. Woohoo. Now I can revisit all the old locations and finish up whatever's left. First stop, that route up from Rustboro with the Focus Punch TM.
    Last edited by arceus03; 8th June 2014 at 10:23 PM.

I left Slateport City after I defeated the Team Magma grunts at the Oceanic Museum and I headed north since I now had access to Route 110. I encountered a wild Electrike in the tall grass there and I captured it. I battled against more wild Pokemon and then I battled some trainers. I arrived at the Trick Master's house,then I headed out. I battled more wild Pokemon and then I ran into May. She requested a battle and I agreed to it since I didn't have a choice. She sent out her Marshtomp first and I countered that with my Shroomish. I defeated Marshtomp with Bullet Seed and then I battled against Numel. I used my Wingull to defeat it and then I battled against Shroomish. I beat it with my Combusken's Ember.

Started today with doing the second test for my teams. Which was to challenge the E4 and the Champion. I went to Ever Grande City and challenged them. I won against all of them, the E4 was very easy though I had some unexpected trouble against Steven on both games, could still defeat him relatively easy though. Afterwards, I watched the credits roll over Hoenn before I found myself back in my house in Littleroot Town. After that, I continued with the training. I did something new today, went to various places and battled trainers in several Secret Bases. As the Internal Batteries of my games has died, I only get one chance for every base, and I decided to take that chance today as a majority of these trainers have Pokemon at around level 60.

I battled 11 out of the 13 bases that I know I have, and I won all battles though some of them were a bit difficult. The reason I didn't battle the remaining two bases are because they have Pokemon that I fear are far too strong for my team such as a level 94 Kyogre or a level 90 Swampert. Though I might give these bases a try at some later point in the training. After the bases, I also battled a bunch of regular trainers as usual. All of this training combined made my teams grow by 5 more levels, making them arrive at level 65. Along the way, Aggron learned Double-Edge, which completes its moveset and it means that all members of both teams now have their final movesets. Will continue tomorrow, but I have now noticed a serious slowdown in the training so it will be going slower from here on.

Ruby Team:
    - level 65
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 65
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

After I beat May, I battled against some more trainers and I also captured a wild Gulpin in the area. I eventually reached the northern entrance of Cycling Road and then I walked a bit further and I finally arrived in Mauville City. I stopped by the Poke Mart to buy items and then I healed my Pokemon at the Mauville City Pokemon Center. I talked to people around town and I eventually met Wally and his dad in front of the Mauville City Gym. I talked to them and Wally battled me. I defeated him and entered the Gym and I started to battle against the various Gym Trainers and their Electric-type Pokemon. I healed after I defeated them, but I decided to train on Route 110 some more before returning to the Gym.

I decided to try out the Battle Tower. I entered my Manectric, Hitmontop, and Sceptile in the level 50 challenge and began fighting trainers. The battles were not that hard for me to win at all because my opponents used pretty weak moves on me for whatever reason. I think I only had one Pokemon faint throughout the entire challenge. Needless to say, I successfully defeated seven trainers in a row.

After that was done, I sailed on the ferry back to Slateport City. I then went back to the Trick House to do the next puzzle. This time, I had to solve a Strength puzzle, which wasn't that hard to figure out. I received a Smoke Ball as a prize when I was done.

I returned to Mauville City after training my Pokemon. I healed at the local Pokemon Center, then I purchased Potions at the Poke Mart. I returned to the Mauville City Gym and I made my way over to Wattson and we started to battle. He first sent out his Magnemite and I used my Combusken. I defeated Magnemite with Double Kick and Wattson sent out his Voltorb afterwards and I used my Shroomish against it. I defeated Wattson's Voltorb and then I faced off against his Magneton. I used Kadabra against it first, but its Confusion attack wasn't effective. I used Combusken again, but it got paralyzed by Magneton's Thunder Wave. I eventually defeated Wattson's Magneton with my Combusken's Ember and then I won.

Just beaten the Elite Four in Emerald with this:
    Lv 49 Lv 49 Lv 50 Lv 47 Lv 47 Lv 47
    (and yes, I traded the Medicham over from Sapphire)

After I got the Dynamo Badge and Shock Wave TM from Wattson, I left the Gym and I headed to the Mauville City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and then I went to the Pokemon Day Care on Route 117. I left my Shroomish there so that it would level up and then I returned to Mauville City. I entered Rydel's Cycles and I obtained a Mach Bike from him. I registered it as a key item and then I headed north to Route 111 afterwards. I arrived at the Winstrate's House and I decided to challenge them to a battle. I had a hard time against some of them, but I eventually defeated the entire family. I healed my Pokemon in Mauville City again and then I saved before heading north.

I continued on my journey towards the 7th Badge... After getting Fly and reaching Lilycove, I cleared Mt. Pyre of Team Magma (or was it Aqua? Hmm.) and got the Magma Emblem from the old woman. I then went on to the volcano and cleared the Magma Hideout, and afterwards the Aqua Hideout. Got the Master Ball aaaaand that's it. Continued on to Mossdeep, and got some Shoal Shells while I'm there. I then explored the Mossdeep City, got a few neat items and challenged the gym.

... Sort of a challenge. I beat Liza and Tate so fast, it wasn't even funny. First round I had Castform used Rain Dance and had Gorebyss Surf Baltoy and Xatu. It killed Baltoy, and Xatu survived with half HP (probably because he managed to pull a Calm Mind earlier).

Second time around, Solrock came out. Another Surf from Gorebyss (with Swift Swim kicking in, he went first) killed both Solrock and Xatu. Last one out was Lunatone, but he got shot with Weather Ball.

Oh well. Roll on. A huge stretch of sea is waiting to be explored. The part I hate most in the 3rd Gen games. >.<
    Stocking up on Super Repels. Woooo.

I returned to Route 111 and I used Rock Smash to remove a rock that was blocking the way to the desert part of the route, then I battled some more trainers as I headed north. I reached the desert area, but I couldn't pass through it since the sandstorms were too powerful. I had to go to Mt. Chimney first in order to pass through the Fiery Path. I battled some more trainers at the foot of the mountain, then I entered the Fiery Path. I captured a wild Torkoal and then I battled against some more wild Pokemon. I eventually reached the other side and I trained in the tall grass. I healed my Pokemon at an old woman's house and then I picked berries. I battled some more trainers in the area and then I saved the game.

Did the next puzzle at the Trick House today. This particular puzzle just involved answering trivial questions. I remembered from previous playthroughs that many of the questions asked were pretty silly and I was expecting to get some wrong. However, I somehow managed to answer them all correctly on my first try, though I did get a couple lucky guesses. I obtained the Taunt TM for completing that puzzle.

After that, I went back to the other side of the region and used Dive in the sea. I wanted to catch a Relicanth so that I'll be able to catch the Regis later on, so I began looking in the seaweed for wild Pokemon. I found a Relicanth eventually and paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. Next, I weakened it a little using my HM Slaves. It then took me several Net Balls to catch it.

I arrived at Route 113 and walked to Fallarbor Town. There was ash all over Route 113 and I quickly trained my Pokemon by battling against the various trainers and wild Pokemon in that area. I captured a wild Spinda and a wild Sandshrew in the tall grass at one point and then I battled some Ninja trainers. I arrived at the glass workshop and I obtained the Soot Sack from the man inside. I could now collect volcanic ash, so I wandered around the tall grass. I eventually arrived in Fallarbor Town and I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and then I decided to visit Professor Cozmo's house. He wasn't in there however, so I headed to Meteor Falls to find him.

Right. I'm halfway there.

I believe I've explored the first half of the sea part of Hoenn. Or maybe not. Whatever. Found a whole bunch of shards, heart scales, stat-boosting items and pearls. I got to Aqua Hideout and fought Archie, after which he... tried to control Kyogre. Wrong orb, idiot. And they got the rain and sun. Yeay. Party time with Castform!

Anyway. That aside, I then went to Sootopolis and met Steven and Wallace, who went to... Sky Pillar? Where? I've never even heard of it but yeah sure whatever.

Next up. Second part of the seaaaa. Might be time to stock up on Super Repels first.

I went to Meteor Falls after leaving Fallarbor Town. I arrived at Route 114 and I obtained the Dig TM from the Fossil Maniac's little brother and the Roar TM from a man outside. I then battled against some of the trainers around there, then I picked berries. I entered Lanette's house and then I trained against the wild Pokemon in the tall grass afterwards. I captured a wild Zangoose and I wandered off to the mountains. I battled a few more trainers and then I entered Meteor Falls. I saw Team Magma inside when I arrived and they stole the meteorite from Professor Cozmo. They left after that, but I stayed inside the cave to train. I captured a wild Solrock and then I headed south to Rustboro City and saved the game.

What's everyones favourite starter and why - mine is Mudkip because I got him shiny, without reset!

Playing Ruby again. I just beat Roxanne, ah the memories.
    My favorite is mudkip, because I only chose water type starters. And he's adorable.
    Signature under construction

Dang, was thinking about making a thread to discuss playing through Emerald (and R/S as well I guess) since I restarted my Emerald before the Hoenn confirmed announcement, and figured now that it is and there's all this new info, pic, and vids, could discuss with others replaying their games or whatever...but then remembered these threads. No one like discusses with each other. :/

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I healed in Rustboro City and then I went off to Route 116. I arrived at Rusturf Tunnel and soon I arrived at Verdanturf Town and I bought items at the local Pokemon Mart. I passed through Route 117 again and I checked on my Pokemon at the Day Care. I re-battled some of the trainers on the route and then I arrived in Mauville City again. I headed north until I reached Route 111 and I made my way to the cable car station since I needed to climb Mt. Chimney in order to put a stop to Team Magma's schemes. I took the cable car all the way up to Mt. Chimney's summit and I saw Team Magma grunts locked in battle with some Team Aqua grunts. I began to battle against some of the other Team Magma grunts after that.

I have continued with the training since my last post. Been battling various trainers with the Pokenav, and I managed to get everyone to level 70. I have now noticed a serious slowdown in the training, trainers who previously let one of my Pokemon get one level just by battling them once doesn't' do that anymore. It was expected though, so I'm not surprised. The third phase of the training was also the one I expected would take the longest to complete, and that will probably turn out true. However, I will try one possible other method of training tomorrow, no idea if it will work but I'm going to give it a try at least.

Ruby Team:
    - level 70
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 70
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

I finally defeated all the Team Magma grunts on Mt. Chimney and I went over to the machine that was near the crater and I met Maxie there. We battled after talking and he sent out his Mightyena. I sent out my Hariyama and I defeated Mightyena with Vital Throw. Maxie sent out his Golbat afterwards and I used my Electrike. I defeated Maxie's Golbat with Shock Wave aand then Maxie sent out his Camerupt. My Pelipper was able to defeat it with Water Gun and then Maxie left. I headed south towards Lavaridge Town after that and battled trainers along the Jagged Pass. I also captured a wild Spoink and Numel on the way down and soon I arrived in Lavaridge Town and I saved the game at the Pokemon Center.

After losing my Nuzlocke, I continue on with my Emerald Game. I train my Torchic so that it may become stronger to fight Roxanne. I got to evolve Torchic into Combusken and KO'd all of Roxanne's Pokemon by just using Combusken. I went over to Dewford to deliver the Letter to Steven, and now I am currently training in Granite cave to battle the next gym leader.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I purchased items at the Poke Mart and then I walked around town. I eventually arrived at the Lavaridge Town Gym and I had to wander around the Gym while battled trainers and using hot sand holes to move around. I had a hard time against some of the Gym trainers since their Pokemon injured mine, so I healed at the Pokemon Center again. I returned to the Gym afterwards and I challenged Flannery. She sent out her first Slugma and my Pelipper defeated it easily. I switched out to my newly-evolved Manectric after that, but Flannery's Torkoal defeated it with Overheat. I used my Hariyama against it and I defeated it with Arm Thrust. Only Flannery's second Slugma remained and Pelipper defeated it with Water Gun.

I got through Victory Road. Phew.

For the first time ever in my history of playing Pokemon, I used an Ether. o.o
    I swear, all the other times before this, I've never even used an Ether/Elixir.
    ... If memory serves correctly.

Anyway. I got to the E4 and bought up a few Full Restores and Hyper Potions. Healed, saved and went inside.

First round, Sidney. Considering that I'm overleveled (my team was L63 when they went in) it wasn't too hard. More like one-shots.

Second up, Phoebe. And urm yeah. Same routine with Sid.

Glacia was more or less the same. I think I would have less trouble if I try not to split the experience around so much and just send Blaziken against all of them, but I try to use other Pokemon too. So I had a few switches, etc., to spread the fun.

Not with Drake. I used Castform against Bagon, but then pretty much Ice Beamed the rest of his squad with Gorebyss.

Aaaand finally, Wallace. I swear he gave me more trouble than Steven did back in Ruby/Sapphire.

First up was Wailord. I sent out Castform and used Rain Dance.

And got a Water Spout in my face.

It didn't kill Castform (I guess the level difference sort of helped) but sent her to half HP. I proceeded to Thunder that whale, leaving a tiny bit of HP left. Wallace healed, and next 2 Thunders finished Wailord.

Then Ludicolo came out. I healed Castform. And a good thing I did, because next I was promptly smacked with Giga Drain.
    Ah well. Not your day, Castform. I changed the weather to sunny and Weather Balled the frog, with the intent to send out Cradily afterwards and Solarbeam the rest of the team.

Didn't quite work. Next up was Tentacruel, and he took normal damage from that. Plus his stellar Special Defense... so he got Earthquaked instead. Ha.

Then Milotic. I thought Solarbeam would finish this one off, but no. And Ice Beam was super effective against Cradily. So... I sent out Castform again. A few Thunder here and there, and a bunch of healing (Toxic >.>) later, Milotic was down.

Then... Gyarados. First round I fought him he abused Dragon Dance so bad, his Hyper Beam one-shot my full-HP Gorebyss. I had to reset and set up Rain Dance, and Thunder that thing down. >.>

Finally was Whiscash. Too lazy to set up Sunny Day so I just sent out Cradily and charged up for Solarbeam on the first turn. He had a Special Defense boost with Amnesia, but... Solarbeam still one-shot him.

Wheeeee. That's it for the main storyline. Now I'm just finishing all the other little bits. I might go and challenge E4 again just to get some more levels. Cradily and Gorebyss grew extremely fast, considering that they're traded and also are in the Erratic leveling group, who grew faster and faster the nearer they get to L100.

I got the Heat Badge and Overheat TM from Flannery and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and stocked up on items at the local Poke Mart afterwards. I left town and I reached the desert portion of Route 111. Since my rival had shown up and gave me the Go-Goggles, I could now see through the sandstorms. I wandered around the sand and I encountered a wild Cacnea and Trapinch. I captured them both and then I started battling against the trainers there. I reached the Desert Ruins eventually, but I couldn't enter. I headed north after that and I found two fossils in the sand. I kept the Root Fossil and then I headed south to Mauville City. I healed my Pokemon at the nearby Pokemon Center.

Hey all recently got back into emerald for my phone as a rom emulator, and its great, im taking it nice and slow no cheats or hacks, I started with torchic until i soft reset an adamant and he has pretty good speed iv Hes definately staying for the long run thru game clear, im doing things different this time around and catching every pokemon possible, ive got the route list with locations and so far its been suprisingly accurate. Next pokemon i knew i wanted was a very mean status giver, I decided to use a Jolly shroomish, his defenses are almost max in the iv department , the current set up with him is pretty amazing, leech seed (holding miracle seed), stun spore, swagger and headbutt, gosh it feels so mean but i love it so much, i hope to soon have toxic instead of stun spore and protect or something like detect to abuse the drain.
    Sarkhan

Tortarus Malfegor GlacierExpediaLucifer Optimus

Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 LastLast