Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3442

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I continued filling the Hoenn Dex on Emerald today by doing the Regi sidequest, beginning with catching a wild Wailord on Route 129. The other night I searched for the best part of half an hour for one with a Level 35 Pokemon as my lead and Max Repels activated, and couldn't figure out why they weren't appearing. I gave up until today after doing research and discovering that Wailord actually appear at Levels 25-30, and sure enough my very first encounter happened to be a Level 30 Wailord! Given the high encounter rate of Tentacool and a 1% chance of finding a Wailord, i'd say I was very lucky.

After opening the three caves, I made my way to Regirock's cave in the desert route and to my surprise I caught it with ease. However, my run of luck seemed to be coming to an end thereafter when I encountered Registeel. The steel golem bolted out of approximately 35 Ultra Balls and 15 Great Balls as well as a Timer Ball and a couple of Poke Balls until, rather fortuitously, an accidentally thrown REPEAT Ball caught it. That is one battle I am sure to remember for years to come. I ended my progress today by saving in front of Regice.

I bought stuff at the Mauville City Poke Mart and then I headed north again and I went all around Mt. Chimney until I arrived in Fallarbor Town. I went to Meteor Falls again afterwards and then I exited the cavern just north of Rustboro City. I stopped by the Devon Corp building while I was there to revive my Root Fossil and then I went south to the Petalburg Woods. I arrived in Petalburg City and I healed my Pokemon once more before entering the Gym. Once I arrived I had to make my way around the various rooms inside and I had to defeat the trainers there in order to proceed to Norman's room. I had to heal my Pokemon a few times during the battles, but I managed to reach Norman's room eventually.

Been a really long time since i've updated my journey. Been busy with a lot of other things and i haven't really had time to list my recent happenings on RSE, undoubtedly my most active game as of now. Last post i put up had me winning against Brawly. Since then i have beaten every gym leader up to the 6th gym, collecting my 6th gym badge last night against Winona. Since beating Brawly i've also collected these pokemon: Minun, Numel, Torkoal, Spinda, Sandshrew, Swablu, Baltoy, evolved my whismur into loudred, tentacool, tropius, pelipper, magnemite, electrike, marill, Linoone, oddish, castform, kecleon x2, voltorb and solrock.

I haven't had any problems thus far in my adventure and have currently tried my best to round out my team to challenge the Elite 4. As of now, this is my current team:

Lv. 43 Swampert Lv. 26 Swellow Lv. 33 Electrode Lv. 33 Lairon Lv. 30 Nuzleaf Lv. 32 Solrock

Mossdeep ahoy!

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I battled Gym Leader Norman at the Petalburg City Gym and he used a Slaking first and I sent out my Manectric. I had Manectric use Shock Wave, but that didn't do as much damage as I wanted. Slaking attacked and I defeated it with another Shock Wave. I switched to Hariyama afterwards and Norman sent out Vigoroth. It attacked with Slash, but Hariyama defeated Vigoroth anyway and then only Norman's last Slaking remained. I used my Combusken against it and I landed a strong Double Kick attack and I defeated Slaking with that. I obtained the Balance Badge from Norman along with the TM containing the move Facade. I then saved the game after I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center.

Today, I went back to Pacifidlog and began fishing in the ocean there. The second Pokemon I hooked was a Wailmer, which I Paralyzed and then tried to catch. After it was caught, I started training it in order to get it to evolve. I went all around Hoenn looking for trainers to have rematches with. Since my Wailmer needed to grow 11 levels before it could evolve, I had to fight quite a few trainers, which took a long time. Finally, it reached level 40 and evolved into Wailord.
    Now that I have a Wailord and a Relicanth, I will return to the Sealed Chamber next time.

I obtained the Surf HM in Petalburg City and then I headed out to Route 4. I taught Surf to my Pelipper and I explored the sea. I encountered some wild Tentacool as I roamed around the area and I also encountered Swimmers as I headed south towards Dewford Town. I defeated many of them as I Surfed by, but I stopped on some island to battle against some of the trainers there as well. I Surfed all the way to the Island Cave area, but I couldn't enter since I hadn't unlocked the entrance via the Sealed Chamber yet. I headed to Dewford Town and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed to Slateport City afterwards and I battled more Swimmers along the way. I stopped by the Abandoned Ship.

Since my last post, I have continued with the training, but in a different way than earlier. I started by mixing record between my games to see if that changed anything. And it did, it turned out to reset all of the Secret Bases I have registered in the game. Which meant I could battle them again. So I did that, and it gave the team a lot of training. I also tried to defeat the two stronger Secret Base trainers on Ruby, but they turned out to be too hard for me, I couldn't beat either of them, so I didn't even bother trying on Sapphire. After battling all the other 11 Secret Base trainers, I mixed records once more and battled them once again. Then I also battled a bunch of regular trainers, all of this made the team grow 5 more levels. However, the regular trainers just doesn't give enough Experience compared to the Secret Base trainers, so I'm going to be focusing on training mostly against the Secret Bases for the rest of the training. It is a bit more circumstantial compared to battling the regular trainers but he payoff is better. Fortunately, there isn't much left, the third phase is almost done and after that I won't have much left at all. Will continue training during the upcoming days, though I don't think I will be able to get 5 more levels done in just 2 days.

Ruby Team:
    - level 75
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 75

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

I wandered around the Abandoned Ship and I found a few trainers inside the cabins and then I headed down to the other parts of the ship. I wasn't able to access all the areas since I didn't have the Dive HM, so I left the Abandoned Ship after a while. I Surfed towards Slateport City again and I battled more Swimmers along the way. I arrived at my destination and I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then headed north and I went on Cycling Road. I arrived in Mauville City and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I then headed east and I Surfed. I made it across and I battled against some trainers on Route 118. I captured a wild Electrike and then I saved the game before going to Route 119.

Flew back to Pacifidlog again and entered the Pokemon Center there. I went to the PC and made sure that I had both Wailord and Relicanth in my party. I also withdrew my Kecleon and taught it Dig by TM. When that was done, I went outside and began Surfing towards the patch of ocean with fast currents. I took the correct route to the Dive spot leading to the Sealed Chamber and went underwater there. I surfaced in the chamber itself. In the first room, I had Kecleon use Dig in order to open the door to the next room. Once I entered that room, I put Relicanth and Wailord in the right positions in my party and then I heard the sound of some doors opening. Next, I will begin to catch the Regis.

I arrived at the Weather Institute and I battled against several Team Magma grunts before reaching the second floor and battling Magma Admin Courtney. I defeated her Numel and Mightyena with my Pelipper and Blaziken and I obtained a Castform from one of the scientists there. I deposited it in my PC and I headed back out and I continued north to Fortree City, but May appeared and I had to battle her. I defeated Shroomish with Pelipper, Numel with my Hariyama and Marshtomp with Breloom. I finished that and I eventually arrived in Fortree City after battling more trainers on Route 119. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I went shopping at the local Poke Mart. I saved the game afterwards.

I went to Dewford Town and then started Surfing. I went all the way up to the Island Cave and went inside. In the first room of the cave, I read some Braille and then had to stand still for a couple minutes in order to open the door to the next room. When the door was open, I went through it and battled Regice. I sent out Manectric and had it use Thunder Wave to paralyze Regice. Then, I used Thunder and Crunch to weaken it. Once Regice's health was in the red, I began trying to catch it.

Catching Regice was very annoying. I threw about 30 balls, but none of them were successful. Then, Regice ended up killing itself with Struggle. >_>
    I reset the game and tried again. On this attempt, I caught it after about 20 Ultra Balls.

I went to the Fortree City Gym, but the path was blocked by something invisible. I decided to visit Route 120 and I battled some trainers there. I soon met Steven on the bridge there and he gave me the Devon Scope. I battled a Kecleon that was hiding there and then I returned to Fortree City. I battled the invisible Kecleon that was blocking the path to Winona's Gym and I captured it. I entered the building at long last and I started battling the Gym trainers. I had to push through the rotating bars inside the Gym on my way to Winona's place, but I chose to the PC to heal my Pokemon before reaching her. I also bought some Super Potions at the local Poke Mart before returning to the Gym. I saved before battling Winona.

I started to train my newly caught Zubat, trying to have it level up to catch up with my Zigzagoon and Combusken. As I was training, I decided to battle Brawly and his Gym. I did end up winning, only attacking Brawly with Combusken. Afterwards, I went over to the beach south of Slateport, hoping to train well there, and also that I must deliver the Devon Goods to Cpt. Stern. I also went to the Soda Pop Shop to battle the trainers, and I received the half-dozen Soda Pops. I then went over to find Cpt. Stern, first going into his factory, then saving him from Team Aqua. I was also able to pick up some training with Zubat on Aqua, as they used Poochyenas. I was able to use Leech Life on them with barely taking much loss of HP. As of now, I am currently training my new Electrike.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I challenged Gym Leader Winona at the Fortree City Gym and she sent out Swellow. I used my Manectric against it and I won with Shock Wave. Winona switched to Skarmory afterwards and I used Blaziken. I had it use Blaze Kick, but that wasn't enough to defeat Skarmory. Skarmory used Aerial Ace and Blaziken got hurt. I switched to Manectric and I had it use Shock Wave to beat Skarmory. After that, Winona switched to her Altaria. I swapped out to my Kadabra, but it got hurt by DragonBreath. I used again Manectric, who managed to use a couple Shock Wave attacks to beat Altaria. I used Hariyama against Winona's Pelipper afterwards and I defeated her and won the Feather Badge and the Aerial Ace TM.

Been rerunning through the Elite 4 mostly.

I was hoping to get more rematches with the gym leaders, but so far I've been disappointed. Only Tate & Liza challenged me once and... that's it. I've been running in and out of towns, hoping to get a Match Call from any of the leaders, but so far no. Oh well. So I decided to go abuse the E4 instead.

Training my team to get to L75 maybe to challenge Steven. Hm. After that I'd probably trade the team to FireRed to beat Gary, idk. Maybe. Maaaaaaybe.

I exited the Fortree Gym and I healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I then went over to Route 120 and made a Secret Base in a clump of grass. I decorated it with some tables that I bought in Fortree City, then I headed out. I battled trainers on Route 120 when I got to the rainy area, then I walked through a small labyrinth of grass. I found a pond and I Surfed on it until I entered the Scorched Slab and I found a Sunny Day TM. I battled a Bug Maniac when I got back on land, then I battled Ninja who were hiding. I couldn't access the Ancient Tomb yet, so I just collected berries and moved out to Route 121. I spotted some Team Magma grunts on Mt. Pyre's pier and I saved the game before chasing after them.

Today, I went to go catch Regirock. I flew back to Lavaridge Town and then began making my way to the desert part of Route 111. Once I was in the desert, I went down to the Desert Ruins. Inside, I got into the right position after reading the Braille and then used Strength to open the door to Regirock's room.

I went to that room and began fighting Regirock. I had Manectric use Thunder Wave on it and then switched to Hitmontop. I used Brick Break as I thought that Regirock would survive it, but I was wrong and it fainted. After resetting and using Thunder Wave again, I had Hitmontop use Rockslide several times until Regirock's health was red. I then caught it after only a dozen Ultra Balls.

I Surfed to Mt. Pyre and I talked to the people inside the island. I decided to head to the mountain's summit before battling trainers and I had to walk through some tall grass and I eventually walked through some fog as I arrived at the cemetery portion of Mt. Pyre and I continued upwards. I battled some Team Magma grunts on my way to the shrine and I eventually confronted Maxie. He stole the Blue Orb from the shrine and Team Magma retreated. I obtained the Red Orb from the old lady and then I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass. I captured a wild Duskull and I tried to look for a Chimecho, but I decided to head back down and battle the trainers. I arrived inside the mountain and I saved on the third floor.

For the past days, I have continued with the training as usual. Mixed records between the games two more times, battling all the Secret Base trainers after each time. This time, I also battled the two stronger trainers, substituting one of my team members for a level 100 Swampert as a security backup in case something went wrong. Really wish I had thought of that earlier, but better late than never I guess. With it, I managed to beat those trainers as well and get a bit more training. I also battled a bunch of regular trainers, and all of this was enough to get everything to level 80. This concludes the third phase of the training, which likely was the longest of the four. Next up, it is time for the third and final test for the teams, and I'll get to that tomorrow.

Ruby Team:
    - level 80
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 80

I arrived at the Safari Zone and I decided to capture some Pokemon there. I wandered around the tall grass and I captured a wild Pikachu, Natu, Girafarig and Oddish. I left the Safari Zone after my time ran out and I headed east. I battled some more trainers there and then I finally arrived in Lilycove City. I visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed to the Department Store afterwards, but my rival was blocking the way. I had to defeat them in order to finally access it and I purchased items inside. I left the Department Store and I visited the Art Museum and some of the other buildings around town. I heard that Team Magma was hiding in a cove near the city and I saved on the way.

Went to catch Registeel today in order to complete my Regi collection. I flew to Lilycove and biked over to Route 120. Along the way, I discovered that I mysteriously skipped over a trainer earlier as I ended up in a battle. When that was done, I made my way to the Ancient Tomb.

Once inside, I went to the middle of the room and used Fly to open the door. I then went to the second room and challenged Registeel. My Slowking used Thunder Wave on it and then got it to very low HP after two Surf attacks. Then, I began trying to capture Registeel. Just like Regirock, I caught it after a dozen Ultra Balls.

I Surfed towards Team Magma's Hideout and I battled some grunts as soon as I arrived and then I went deeper into the hideout to stop Team Magma's scheme. I battled more Team Magma grunts as I made my way around and I eventually found an office where there were some Electrode and a Master Ball. I got the Master Ball and I warped to another section of the hideout. I eventually reached the end of the hideout, but I had to battle against Magma Admin Tabitha. He sent out his Numel and I used my Pelipper's Surf attack to defeat it. I switched to Blaziken and I beat Mightyena with Double Kick. Finally, I used my Hariyama against Camerupt and I defeated it. Sadly, Team Magma's submarine managed to get away.

As I was still continuing to train, I managed to evolve my Zubat into Golbat. As I was training, I decided to try to battle May again, as I resulted in a loss last time. Lombre was an easy part, but then May decided to throw out her Marshtomp next. It knocked out all my Pokemon, and still standing at the yellow status of health. As I took my last Pokemon, Combusken, I managed to land a critical hit, then having to defeat her last Pokemon, which I did. As I did, I went up to Mauville City, where I got the Acro Bike. I went to approach Wally and his Uncle, and battling Wally with Golbat. I OHKO'd Wally's Ralts with only Golbat's Bite.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I Surfed towards Mossdeep City and I encountered some Wingull and Tentacool in the sea and I eventually decided to use Max Repel in order to avoid running into them. I saw some Dive spots, but I couldn't access them yet. I battled Swimmers along the route and I eventually reached an island where a Treasure Hunter lived. He wanted to trade Shards for evolutionary stones, but I didn't have enough for the trade. I Surfed a little bit more until I arrived in Mossdeep City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I visited the houses around town. I went to the Poke Mart and I bought some Dive Balls that I would save for later. I headed to the Space Center and after talking to people I headed to the Gym.

Started today with doing the third and final test for my teams. Which was to challenge the E4 and Champion once more. I flew to Ever Grande City and took the challenge. Beat them all with ease, didn't have any problems whatsoever this time which is what I had expected. After beating them, I watched the credits roll for what will be the last time in a very long while, but hopefully not forever. I had now beaten the E4 30 times in Ruby and 15 times in Sapphire, it is likely to stay that way forever since I don't think I'll ever beat them in these games again. Next up, it was time to start the fourth and final phase of the training, which will also be the shortest and likely also the fastest one. I mixed records once more and battled all the Secret Base trainers. That coupled with the fact that I beat the E4 made my teams grow by a few levels. Going to continue training tomorrow if I have time, I am hoping to be done within 1-2 days either way.

Ruby Team:
    - level 82-83
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 82-83

Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138 LastLast