Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3625

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Last Sunday I defeated the 7th and 8th gym leaders, caught Kyogre and started to try to make it through Victory road. Today I gave up aon trying to make it through and just started grinding in the first room of the cave. My party pokemon are all level 47 and 48 now. I am unsure what level I will grind until.
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Y

I sashayed to Route 113 next and walked around dusty ash. While I was there I trained my Pokemon by battling against the various trainers and wild Pokemon in the area. I also caught a wild Spinda and a wild Skarmory in the tall grass for my collection as I walked around and then I battled some hidden Ninja. I arrived at the glass workshop and I obtained the Soot Sack from the man inside. I could now collect ash, so I wandered around the tall grass. I soon arrived in Fallarbor Town and I healed my injured Pokemon at the Fallarbor Town Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart as well and then I decided to visit Professor Cozmo's house. He wasn't there though, so I headed to Meteor Falls.

Last night I did some more grinding just inside of victory road. All party pokemon are currently level 49.

I rode my Bicycle towards Meteor Falls after I left Fallarbor Town. I arrived at Route 114 and I got the Dig TM at the Fossil Maniac's house and the Roar TM from a man outside. I then battled various trainers around the area, then I picked Berries. I entered Lanette's house and then I trained against the wild Pokemon in the tall grass after I talked to her. I caught a wild Nuzleaf, Swablu and Zangoose and then I wandered off to the mountains. I battled trainers and then I entered Meteor Falls. I saw Team Magma inside when I arrived and they stole the Meteorite from Prof. Cozmo. They left afterwards and I stayed inside the cave to do a bit more training. I captured a Solrock and then I wandered south to Rustboro City.

I haven't been playing Emerald as much as I would have wanted to lately as I have been lacking the motivation to play it. But I have kind of gotten back to playing it now, I believe. Since my last post in August, I have continued slightly in the Battle Tower. Made a new try and won the first three rounds but lost in the fourth. My opponent started with a Miltank that defeated my Salamence, and continued with a Lanturn that defeated both Snorlax and Starmie. I had forgotten how insane the hax in this place can be. Normally, a Lanturn wouldn't have any chance against Snorlax, but this one decided to start with Parafusion which made Snorlax unable to move, it then continued by getting two Critical Hits in a row with Surf, putting Snorlax at so low HP that the next one KO'd. Starmie had no chance either, it also got haxed to pieces. But I don't really mind losing. It only means I have to try again. So I did. Made another try, and won the first four rounds this time, didn't meet any Lanturn along the way. Going to continue from there and see how far I can go. I have had some thoughts about changing my team and try another one instead, but I will give my current team a few more tries at least, then we'll see. Will try to play a little every day from now on, though I will probably not post more than once a week unless something unexpected happens.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I healed my darlings at the Rustboro City PC and then I walked towards Route 116. I arrived at Rusturf Tunnel and I was able to pass through it and I arrived at Verdanturf Town next. I walked through Route 117 as well and I also re-battled some of the trainers on the route and then I arrived in Mauville City again. I wandered north until I reached Route 111 next and I made my way to the mountain's cable car station since I needed to climb Mt. Chimney in order to put a stop to Team Magma's schemes. I took the cable car all the way up to Mt. Chimney's summit and I saw several Team Magma grunts locked in battle with some Team Aqua grunts. I began to battle against some of the other Team Magma grunts afterwards.

This looks like a great thread to post my discoveries/journeys on Pokemon Emerald for GBA. I just bought a freshbatteried one off of ebay and it arrived today

I traded over a few pokemon from the copies of Sapphire and Ruby that have the old dead battery... just so my Pokes can live on in a fresh batteried world! I think this will be a great way to save them from the inevitability of the older games' batteries eventually dying completely.

By the way.... I am thrilled to discover that I could potentially transfer my RSE pokemon to my X and Y through THIS method: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...3%A9mon-to-x-y

and a great tutorial on it helped me figure it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOScViDtDko
    Last edited by ChicaSkas; 29th October 2014 at 9:27 AM.
    My friend code is: 3282 3037 3656
    Name: Chica

My Friend Safari:
    Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt and Gastrodon.

I LOVE Meowth!

So after I defeated all the Team Magma grunts at Mt. Chimney, I walked over to a machine that was near the volcano's crater and I saw Maxie. We began to battle and he sent out his Mightyena. I sent out my Hariyama and I defeated Mightyena with Vital Throw. Maxie sent out his Golbat afterwards and I sent out Manectric. I defeated Maxie's Golbat with Shock Wave and then Maxie sent out his Camerupt. My Kadabra was able to defeat it with Confusion and then Maxie left. I walked south to Lavaridge Town afterwards and I had to battle trainers along the Jagged Pass. I battled several trainers on my way down and I also captured a wild Spoink. I arrived in Lavaridge Town soon and I saved at the Pokemon Center.

Last night Hariyama grew to level 49 and Kadabra grew to level 50. I haven't been playing much.

I bought stuff at the Lavaridge Poke Mart and then I walked around town and soon I arrived at the Lavaridge Town Gym and entered. I had to roam around the Gym while battling Gym trainers and moving from room to room. I had a hard time against some of the Gym trainers and I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center again. I returned to the Gym afterwards and I challenged Gym Leader Flannery. She sent out her first Slugma and my Swellow defeated it easily. I switched out to my Manectric after that, but Flannery's Torkoal injured it with Overheat. I used my Hariyama against Torkoal and I defeated it with Arm Thrust. Only Flannery's last Slugma remained and Kadabra defeated it and I won the match.

For the past few days, I have continued battling in the Battle Tower. My first results wasn't very good. I lost several times.

Battle #44: A Walrein froze Snorlax, it wouldn't thaw and then the fourth Sheer Cold hit. Starmie defeated the Walrein but my opponent sent out a Snorlax which destroyed Salamence, Starmie could have defeated it but its Quick Claw activated, leading to my loss.
    Battle #14: Embarassingly early. An Octillery stalled Snorlax and lowered its Accuracy to -6. Snorlax defeated it and the Magneton that appeared after it, buy my opponents last Pokemon was a Ninjask which swept me, would have won if Salamence had hit with Rock Slide.
    Battle #34: An Ursaring KO'd Salamence and itself at the same time with Double-Edge, then Starmie 3HKO'd the next Pokemon which was a Vaporeon, with Thunderbolt. My opponents last Pokemon was a Glalie with a weird set, Starmie didn't KO with Surf and Glalie got faster thanks to Icy Wind and Salac Berry (though one of them was probably enough), it then KO'd Starmie on the next turn. Then it used Endure and Explosion against Snorlax, leading to my loss. I'm not sure how things are decided when two Pokemon faint from one attack, but I guess the outcome is not favoured towards the player. Either that, or I lost because Snorlax fainted before Glalie.

After those losses, I made another try. And this time, I did not only get past the seventh round for the first time with this team, but also the eighth and the ninth. This is the first time ever where I got past the ninth round in this game, and I have only gotten past the eighth round two times before, many years ago, with a different team. Started on the tenth round, was really nervous here. I won the first 6 battles without major problems which meant I got to face Anabel again. It has been 8 years since my Silver battle against her, and 7 years since I have battled any Frontier Brain for a Gold Symbol. I battled her... and lost, sadly. The battle just didn't go my way. Her Raikou OHKO'd my Salamence with a Critical Hit Thunderbolt on the first turn, and things didn't go uphill from there. I sent out Snorlax afterwards and it managed to defeat both her Raikou and Salamence, but had very low HP left afterwards. Then I wasn't sure what to do against her Snorlax and played a bit stupidly, both set up 6 Curses and started attacking. Her Snorlax was more powerful than mine, having Return while mine has Body Slam. It could 3HKO mine which couldn't do the same to hers. Then hers used Rest and woke up with the Chesto Berry, defeating me on the next turn. Afterwards, Starmie had no chance of beating it. This is one of the few times I have lost against a Frontier Brain on a Symbol Battle, I can only remember it happening once before when I was battling Noland for my Silver Symbol one time.

Even if I lost the battle, I'm very happy for various reasons. First of all, this showed me that my team can make it all the way to Anabel, I can only hope that I'll be able to win next time I face her. It also gave me a bit more faith in my team. And I managed to beat my personal record, my previous best streak in the Tower was 60 wins in a row. While I had planned to switch my team for another one, I will continue with it for now. However, I am thinking of changing Snorlax's Body Slam back to Return, though I fear it might be difficult to max its Friendship again. We'll see how it goes. I will make another try without any changes first.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 1st November 2014 at 12:39 AM.

I left the Lavaridge Gym after winning the Heat Badge and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I purchased items at the Poke Mart afterwards and I left Lavaridge Town and I reached the perimeter of the desert at Route 111. May appeared and gave me the Go-Goggles so that I could walk through sandstorms. I wandered around the sand and I encountered a wild Cacnea. I captured it in a Great Ball and then I started battling against several trainers nearby. I reached the Desert Ruins eventually, but I couldn't enter it yet. I headed north next and I saw two fossils in the sand. I snatched the Root Fossil and then I headed south to Mauville City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center.

So, after losing to Anabel two days ago, I made another try at the Battle Tower. To my own surprise, I did once again make it through not only the seventh, but also the eighth and ninth round once more, this being the second time ever I made it past the ninth round. I was really nervous at this point, just like last time. Started on the tenth round and won the first 6 battles there. Along these 69 battles, I felt that I had a bit more trouble compared to my last try. There were more close calls, the closest was one where I only had Starmie left with 11 HP. Another situation which wasn't close but still worth mentioning was once when I faced a Cloyster with Dive/Toxic/Protect/Double Team@Leftovers, had to stall it out of PP with Snorlax, then switch to Salamence, set up 6 Dragon Dances and sweep. That battle felt like it took forever. In general, I also had to use Snorlax considerably more times this time around. This feels just like my two Battle Tower streaks in Ruby & Sapphire from earlier this year, I guess the games are just ironic like this sometimes. Anyway, I got to face Anabel once more. After my last battle against her, I felt that I had learned a few things which I was hoping would be helpful this time around. Wanted to write a bit more about it this time around, it should be obvious why. Details in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:- Battle and Team details:

With all of that said... I won against Anabel and got the Gold Ability Symbol. My overall 6th Gold Symbol, and my first new Symbol in 7 years, the last one I got was the Gold Spirits Symbol from Spenser in the Battle Palace in September 2007. Saved the battle video against Anabel over my last one which was my previous battle against her, it will stay that way until I manage to obtain my final Gold Symbol in the future. My team ended up working well after all, I thought about trying another team but didn't have to, keeping my faith in this team was a good thing after all. In the past when I had won the Gold Symbol at a facility, I did generally not continue on my streak afterwards. The exceptions were the Pike where I cancelled my streak after beating Lucy for the Gold Symbol, and the Dome where I continued after beating Tucker and got to battle him again in a later round. But the Tower will not be an exception. I consider myself completely and permanently done with the Battle Tower in 3rd generation, as well as all other generations it has appeared in. The chances that I will go back to it in the future are low. But I will return to it in future games/generations if it should make a reappearance, though I'm not sure how likely that is to happen now that the Subway/Maison has improved on it so much.

While done with the Battle Tower, I am not done with Emerald, or with the Battle Frontier for that matter. I have one Gold Symbol left to get, from the most horrible place in the series, the nightmare, the horror, the worst of all facilities ever... The Battle Factory. So that is where I am going next. It will likely take forever to get the Gold Symbol from there, I predict it will take me between 5 and 340 hours to get it. I am going to start there next week... which is tomorrow. Will make weekly updates from there as well unless something unexpected should happen again.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 3rd November 2014 at 7:12 PM.

So I purchased several items at the Mauville City Poke Mart, then I rode my Bicycle northwards once more and I went back to Mt. Chimney and I arrived in Fallarbor Town. I went to Meteor Falls again and then I arrived close to Rustboro City. I quickly visited Devon Corporation to revive my Root Fossil and then I wandered south to the Petalburg Woods. I arrived in Petalburg City soon and I healed my darlings before entering my dad's Gym. Once inside, I had to make my way through the various rooms inside and I had to defeat Gym trainers there in order to proceed to Norman's room. I had to heal my Pokemon a few times during the battles and I managed to reach Norman's room eventually. I saved the game there.

Spent some time playing my Emerald today. I returned to the Battle Tower and resumed my level 50 streak. I entered the same team I used last time - Heracross, Snorlax, and Latios - and defeated the first five trainers with no problem. The sixth trainer I went up against was more difficult, though, and I easily could have lost. My Heracross and their Quagsire were both KOed on the same turn due to Double Edge, so then I sent out my Latios while they went with Metagross. This was a match up that my Latios came close to winning...but then it kept missing because of Metagross's Double Team spamming and ended up getting killed by Meteor Mash.

I had to go over to Snorlax after that and used Curse a few times. Then, I tried hitting with Shadow Ball and eventually got lucky enough to finish Metagross off. My opponent's final Pokemon was a Marowak that fortunately was stupid and didn't attack my Snorlax, so easily KOed it with Body Slam. I pretty surprised I won that battle to be honest. Anyway, the last battle of that set was pretty easy and I earned some more Battle Points after winning.

So now, my Battle Tower streak is at 42, which is a new record for me. Will probably continue this streak in the future, but I'm not expecting to get that much farther with the team I've been using tbh.

So after wandering from room to room at the Petalburg City Gym, I battled Gym Leader Norman and he used a Slaking and I used my Hariyama. Hariyama thrashed my dad's Slaking with a strong Vital Throw and then Norman sent out his Vigoroth. It attacked with Arm Thrust attacks and those worked well and Hariyama defeated Vigoroth. All that was left was Norman's second Slaking. I used my newly-evolved Blaziken against it and I landed a Double Kick attack, but Slaking survived. Slaking used Facade afterwards, but Blaziken won that match eventually. I obtained the Balance Badge as well as the Facade TM from Gym Leader Norman and I saved after I healed my injured Pokemon at the Petalburg Pokemon Center.

Ended up continuing my Battle Tower streak today. I continued using the same Heracross, Snorlax, and Latios line up as yesterday and had an easier than expected time beating most of the trainers I faced in the next group of seven. The last trainer in that set had a team full of legendaries, which had me worried at first. Their Latios went down to my Snorlax's Shadow Ball, but the other two Pokemon I had to face after that were a Moltres and Suicune that had Double Team. Fortunately, Snorlax really pulled through for me and managed to defeat both of them despite missing several times and having its PP drained due to Pressure.

After winning that battle, I was at 49 wins. I really wanted to see if I could get 50 wins, so I challenged the Tower again. During this set of trainers, I had some easy battles, but also got pretty lucky at times too. There was a battle where a Hariyama missed with Cross Chop 4-5 times as I set Latios's Calm Mind up, then I only won a later battle because a Donphan or something repeatedly missed Iron Tail. But whatever, I reached 56 wins after beating seven more trainers, which is pretty exciting. My Pokemon all got ribbons too!

So I snatched the Surf HM after slaying Norman and I walked to Route 104. I taught Surf to my Azumarill and I roamed the sea west of Petalburg City. I slayed many wild Tentacool and Wingull as I Surfed en route to Dewford Town. I defeated many Swimmers as well as I went south and I stopped on a few sandy isles to battle against some of the trainers there as well. I Surfed all the way to Island Cave, but I couldn't access it yet since I hadn't unlocked the entrance from the Sealed Chamber. I headed towards Dewford Town again and I healed my darlings at the Dewford PC. I headed towards Slateport City afterwards and I battled several Swimmers along the way. I stopped at the Abandoned Ship and saved inside.

After I was done at the Battle Tower, I headed over to the Battle Arena for some more battles. I didn't have an active streak there at the moment, so I pulled together a team of Salamence, Metagross, and Starmie and started a new level 50 challenge. I did two rounds of seven trainers, bringing my new streak to 14 wins so far. The majority of the battles were very easy and I cleared most of them using just Salamence. I only had to go to Metagross once, after Salamence got KOed by an Icy Wind Poliwhirl. Salamence was also able to KO most of the Pokemon before the three turns were up, though it did win a few referee's decisions after going up against a few Protect spammers.

I battled trainers at the Abandoned Ship and I left after exploring all the rooms and I kept Surfing towards Slateport City afterwards and I battled some more Swimmers along Route 108 and Route 109. I arrived at Slateport City after battling and I healed my injured Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there. I then walked north and I went on Cycling Road. I arrived in Mauville City eventually, bought some items at the Poke Mart and then helped Wattson with New Mauville. I caught a Voltorb and Magnemite there and shut off the generator, got the Thunderbolt TM from Wattson, then headed east and I used Surf. I made it across a river and I battled against some trainers on Route 118 and then I saved the game there.

Still trying to complete the Pokédex in my Ruby game. Today I evolved my Omanyte into a Omastar and my Bayleef into a Meganium I then traded an Aron for a Sentret with my Leaf Green Game. After that I traded a Zangoose with a Hoothoot from my Emerald game.
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 296 hours 10 minutes, 324 owned, 359 seen, no shinies.

I arrived at the Weather Institute and I slayed a few Team Magma grunts and battled Magma Admin Courtney. I defeated her Numel and Mightyena with Blaziken, then I got a gift Castform from one of the scientists there. I deposited my new Castform in my PC afterwards and I headed back outside and I continued northeast toward Fortree City, but May appeared and I had to battle her again. I defeated Shroomish with Blaziken, her Numel with Azumarill and her Marshtomp with Roselia. I finished that and I eventually reached Fortree City after battling some more trainers on Route 119. I healed my injured team at the local Pokemon Center, then I went shopping at the local Poke Mart. I saved my game next.

This past week, I have challenged the Battle Factory a couple of times. I'm not sure whether level 50 or Open Level is easier to win at, but I have decided to go with Level 50 for now as I have gotten the farthest on it in the past. My challenges this week ended in the following ways:

Battle #17, had a team of Sealeo, Primeape and Machoke, lost against a Stantler that haxed and got very lucky in general. Losing against a Normal-type with two Fighting-types on my team doesn't feel good.
    Battle #3, I think I had Raticate, Wobbuffet and Growlithe, lost against Porygon and Phanpy.
    Battle #19, had a team of Camerupt, Poliwrath and Zangoose, lost against Seviper and Masquerain.
    Battle #17, had a team of Furret, Metang and Sableye, lost against Primeape and Seadra
    Battle #22, chose Espeon, Nidoqueen and Blissey from the first 6, started against a Salamence who destroyed Espeon and Nidoqueen, then fell to Blissey. My opponent continues with a Blastoise that Blissey might have been able to beat, but it got a Critical Hit with Hydro Pump.

Overall not horrible results, the third round feels rather hard but I was able to get past it once at least. Didn't play as much as I would have wanted to this week, hoping to be able to do that next week instead. I might also try to change my strategy a bit, right now I'm switching after every battle independent of what I have, might try to not switch if I have a team I'm satisfied with. Not sure about it though, will have to see how things turn out. I will at least keep trying.

I went to the Fortree Gym, but the entrance area was blocked. I then visited Route 120 and I battled some trainers and caught a wild Linoone and Absol. I soon saw Steven again on the bridge and he gave me the Devon Scope. I battled a Kecleon that was hiding and then I returned to Fortree City after fishing and catching a Goldeen and Barboach. I battled the invisible Kecleon that was blocking the path to Fortree's Gym, then I entered the Gym and I started battling Gym trainers. I had to push rotating bars inside on my way to Winona's spot and I chose to leave the Gym to heal my team before reaching her. I bought Super Potions at the Mart before returning to the Gym. I saved before battling Gym Leader Winona.

Continued battling at the Battle Arena today. I challenged the facility with Salamence and Metagross as before, but decided to bring Gengar instead of Starmie. I did another 14 battles today, which means that my streak is currently at 28 now. Several of the battles I had were kind of annoying, though. I faced quite a few Pokemon with Counter, which was unusual for me and really screwed over Salamence and Metagross a lot. The only really tough battle I had, however, was this one where my opponent and I were down to our last Pokemon, my Gengar and their Slaking. I really thought Gengar was going to lose for sure, but then the Slaking decided that using status moves was better than trying to actually attack and kill Gengar. :P

Also, today I noticed that my Emerald file has surpassed 900 hours of play time. Can't believe I've invested so much of my life into this game.

Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145 LastLast