Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138
Results 3,426 to 3,442 of 3442

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I entered the Mossdeep Gym and I went around trying to find Gym trainers to battle. I had to move some switches in order to access other areas and I had to leave the Gym soon since my Pokemon got injured. I returned to the Gym after visiting the PC, then I finally reached Tate and Liza's location and challenged them. They sent out their Solrock and Lunatone and I used my Blaziken and Pelipper. I had Blaziken attack Lunatone with Sky Uppercut and Pelipper attacked both Lunatone and Solrock with Surf. Those attacks did some damage, but Liza and Tate healed their Pokemon. I eventually switched Blaziken with Manectric since Lunatone had attacked it with Psychic and I won that battle with Pelipper's Surf attack.

Mixed records between my games once more (possibly for the very last time between just Ruby and Sapphire), then I battled all Secret Base trainers in these games one final time. Along the way, I also somehow managed to acquire Pokerus on Sapphire, guess I must have defeated a wild Pokemon which had it. I guess I should be happy I got it, but I really wish I had gotten it earlier. Why not before I EV-trained the teams, or in 2006 so I could have used it for all my EV-training in Emerald. But better late then never I guess, and it will be extremely useful if I ever do any more EV-training on this generation, which might happen depending on how things go in the future. It spread around on all members of my Sapphire team, not sure if it will wear of as my internal battery is dead. I also spread it to my level 100 Swampert as an extra security, which I then placed in my PC.

After the Secret Bases, I also battled a bunch of regular trainers. That was enough to get all members of both teams to level 85, which completes the fourth phase of the training, and all of the training as a whole.

The final result:

Ruby Team:
    - level 85
    Sapphire Team:
    - level 85

With my post-game teams done, I am now done with Ruby and Sapphire as well. I have done everything I had planned to do in these games, there is nothing left that I want to do. Feels like a good time to be done with them now that the remakes are coming later this year. As usual, I have probably not played them for the last time, but the only things I can think of using them for in the future is if I need to connect them to any of my other games (probably Emerald), but then it will only be for something minor anyway. Though I am not completely done with this generation yet, or more specifically I am not done with Hoenn yet (I am done with Kanto as I completed FR/LG earlier this year). While R/S now are complete as well, I still have things left to do on Emerald, and as mentioned, remakes are on their way as well. I will return to Emerald at some later point and try and finish what I have left there once and for all. Whether it will happen before or after the remakes is impossible to say, all I can say is that it will happen. But first, I am going to make one final return to Unova.
    Last edited by Winter02; 25th June 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

I left the Mossdeep City after winning the Mind Badge and healed my Pokemon and then I headed over to the Poke Mart. I decided to visit Shoal Cave next, so I Surfed north from Mossdeep City. I battled Pokemon in the water and then I found some Swimmers who wanted to battle as well. I eventually arrived inside Shoal Cave after battling some trainers outside and I Surfed around the cave since it was high tide. I battled wild Pokemon and collected Shoal Shells. I picked up some other items and caught a wild Spheal as well before leaving the cave. I Surfed south until I arrived at Route 127 and I battled some trainers who were hanging around the islands there. I eventually used Dive and I traveled underwater.

I fought Steven.

I was a bit paranoid before fighting him so I went level grinding at the E4 until I got Gorebyss up to L82, with the rest ranging from L79-81. Then I went through my stock of Rare Candies and elevated the whole team level to L83.

Oh well. I needn't be so afraid. Skarmory and Metagross ate one Flamethrower each from Blazes and they died. Aggron took an Earthquake and he died. Armaldo was Surfed by Gorebyss and he died, too. The last two remaining (Cradily and Claydol) got Ice Beamed and Surfed twice (last one was with a Light Screen on) and... that's pretty much it. Castform and my own Cradily didn't even battle.

All in all, I'm done with Emerald. Whee.

I resurfaced at Seafloor Cavern and I entered the cavern and I battled Team Magma grunts after pushing boulders. I headed deeper into the cave and I found more puzzles including some more boulders that needed to be pushed and some currents that pushed me around. I eventually found Groudon's cavern after battling against Courtney and I met Maxie there. I had to battle against him and he sent out his Mightyena and I used Hariyama against it. I won that battle with Brick Break and I used my Manectric against his Crobat. I used Shock Wave to defeat it and I finally used my Pelipper against Camerupt. I won that battle with Surf and I defeated Maxie at long last. Groudon left the cavern and I saved at the surface.

Today, I completed two more puzzles at the Trick House on Sapphire. The first puzzle I did involved a maze full of rotating doors, similar to the Gym in Fortree. The second one was like the Mossdeep City Gym as it contained the tiles that carry you in various directions. I battled some more trainers while doing these puzzles, which allowed my Manectric and Swellow to gain some experience and level up, which was good because they were starting to lag behind my other Pokemon in levels. For completing these puzzles, I received a Magnet and a PP Max. Now, I think I have only one more puzzle to do.

Steven arrived and told me that Groudon was causing droughts and it needed to be stopped. I had to go over to Sootopolis City where the Cave of Origin was next, which was where Groudon was now. I Surfed around the sea routes and I arrived in Sootopolis City, but I had to use Dive to go underwater. I resurfaced in the lake in the middle of the city and visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon and I bought items at the Poke Mart before heading to Cave of Origin. Once I was inside, I had to wander around until I reached the very bottom. I found Groudon in the lava and I battled against it. I paralyzed it and that made Groudon easy to capture in an Ultra Ball. I solved the crisis and I headed back outside.

After training for battling Watson, I managed to get past the trainers in his gym, but then it took me a while before I could actually defeat Watson, and yet I did. As prepping for the next gym, I thought of Flannery and her Fire-Type Gym, so I decided to get a Marill. Surprisingly, I never knew that Marill evolved at 18, and it just came to me after training a while. I went front and back between Mt. Pyre and Mauville to redundantly heal my Pokemon.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I entered the Sootopolis Gym after I caught Groudon. I started walking on the icy floor, but I fell through to the bottom and I had to battle Gym trainers there. I headed out to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon afterwards and once I was back at the Gym, I decided that I may as well battle against all the trainers to earn extra experience. I kept battling until all the Gym trainers were beaten, but my Pokemon still weren't strong enough to battle against Wallace. I healed my Pokemon and purchased some items at the local Poke Mart, then I went underwater and I battled some of the wild Pokemon. That wasn't enough though, so I went back to the Cave of Origin and I trained there. I then returned to the Gym.

Does anyone else hate it when you encounter a trainer that you haven't battled yet even after beating the E4? Especially from an 11 year old game.

While surfing around, hoping to catch a Latias and evolve my Metang, I randomly encouter the swimmer named Barry. Bummer he doesn't get a taste of my level 82 Swellow , my level 55 Sceptile might be good enough I guess.
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

I finally battled against Gym Leader Wallace at the Sootopolis City Gym. His Luvdisc and Seaking were easy enough to defeat with Hariyama, but his Whiscash and Milotic did give me some trouble. I had to use Breloom to defeat Whiscash and then I had to switch to my Manectric to defeat his Milotic. His Sealeo was also easy and once I defeated that, I got the Rain Badge from Wallace as well as the Water Pulse TM. I left to the Sootopolis City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after speaking to Wallace again. I finished that and swapped Pokemon at the PC and then I flew to Slateport City to spend some time participating at the Pokemon Contest hall. I finished that up and saved before going to Littleroot Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy Sea Dragon View Post
    Especially from an 11 year old game.
    Annnnnd I get pokerus too, not like I'm going to use it much anyway. :/

BUT THE BERRRY GLITCH is heaven
    Last edited by Leafy Sea Dragon; 1st July 2014 at 8:06 AM.
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

I went back to Sootopolis City and then I headed to Route 131. I Surfed around and battled tons of trainers on my way to Pacifidlog Town. I captured a wild Pelipper and then I arrived in Pacifidlog Town. I healed at the Pokemon Center and then I explored the town a little bit. I obtained the Return TM at one of the houses there and then I talked to some people as well. Once all of that was done, I Surfed to Route 132 and rode along the currents. I arrived on some islands and battled some of the trainers there. I managed to defeat them all and then I arrived in Slateport City. I decided that I wanted to capture the three Regi Pokemon, so I set off to capture a Wailord and a Relicanth. I saved before going out to hunt them.

I reopened my Emerald file and decided to go catch some legendary Pokemon.

First off, Groudon. I talked to the scientist at the Weather Institute and he said that Route 116 had intense sunlight.... hmm. So I went there and spotted a new cave near the Whismur Tunnel. Went inside and met a Groudon. I sent out Blaziken against him, and whittled down his HP using Earthquake / Aerial Ace. He tried to Fissure Blaziken, which had no effect since Blazes is higher leveled. I got his HP down really low, but then he used Rest >.>

Oh well. I tried Flamethrower after that, and got his HP down to back where it was before. o.o Good thing he didn't die. After that it was a matter of chucking Ultra Balls until I finally caught him. I used maybe ~12 balls or so. I think. Good thing he didn't get a second Rest >.>

Next up, Kyogre. Route 129, says the scientist. So I stocked up on Dive Balls, thinking that the cave would be underwater buuuuuuut it was not. I realized that when I got inside the cave and ".... wait this isn't underwater." So I went out again and bought some Net Balls instead.

Same procedure with Groudon, but I used Gorebyss this time to soak up Hydro Pump. Not that he used it a lot anyway.... he preferred Double Edge. Which, well, a bit harder to deal with since I'd get him down to really low HP then he went and Double Edged Gorebyss and killed himself. Had to reset a few times because of that, but finally I caught him after a few Net Balls. I believe while he was sleeping due to Rest, but I wasn't sure of the details.

And finally, Rayquaza. I decided I was too lazy to go get Latios, so I used the Master Ball on Rayquaza.

I was planning on catching a Wailord, but I didn't want to waste time in the end. I decided to just level up a Wailmer and evolve it into a Wailord to unlock the three Regi Pokemon. I fished for one in Slateport City and I took it to the Day Care so that it would level up and then I headed for Mossdeep City. I used Dive in the sea around Mossdeep and I searched the seaweed for a Relicanth. I mostly found Chinchou, but after 15 minutes of searching, I got lucky and encountered a Relicanth. Battling it was super tough, though. It didn't want to be captured and I had to use several Dive Balls to get the job done. Once I had captured it, I went back to Mossdeep City and then I headed for Mauville City to train Wailmer and saved.

Started my own new Pokemon Sapphire Adventure with Max the Mudkip.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend Code: 4742-7095-3187

Badges: 4
    Current Team: Charizard Y, Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum & egg

I finally managed to evolve Wailmer into Wailord after training it at the Day Care Center. With both Wailord and Relicanth on my team, I headed back to Pacifidlong Town and I Surfed west towards the currents there. I got to the dive spot above the Sealed Chamber and I used Dive. I went inside and I managed to unlock the doors to the Regi's caves all over the Hoenn region. I left the Sealed Chamber, deposited Wailord and Relicanth and I made my way to Dewford Town. I Surfed north and I found the island where Regice was hiding. I encountered Island Cave and did the ritual that unlocked the inner chamber and I challenged Regice. It was a tough battle, but I eventually captured it in a Timer Ball and I saved.

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138