Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cioger View Post
    I gave my ShedNinja a Nomal berry and it glitched my game. -2 HP.
    No.

Only Pomeg Berry reduces the HP EV's.

Reporting again from my new Pokemon Emerald save.

I beat Roxanne first off then went to find the Devon goods which had been stolen by a strange person in blue clothing , along the way i stopped to try and find (and capture) a Skitty, after about two hours of looking i finally found a male Skitty who i named Kimba and he had a half decent nature as well.
    I am now currently leveling up just past Slateport after beating the people in blue clothing who are known as Team Aqua!!

Current team:

Kippidge teh Marshtomp - M - Modest - LV19
    Moobz the Ralts - M - Calm - LV19 (i got the nature wrong last time)
    Kimba the Skitty - M - Naive - Lv19

Will be catching a Swablu next, will update my post with this capture as and when it happens.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Gotten a lot further since my last update from Petalburg Woods. I have conquered Roxanne and Brawly's respective Gyms in Rustboro and Dewford, and currently find myself at a stand-still in Mauville City. Literally.

Grovyle and Taillow have thus far been my powerhouse Pokemon by a long stretch, while Dustox and Sableye have been adequate backups. However, by Slateport I found that Dustox was beginning to fall behind and so I boxed her - i'm sure i'll find a use for her later on, even if it's beginning a Contest career for her. Either way, I replaced her with a female Minun who is also currently struggling to make an impact, yet i'm confident that she'll become infinitely useful once she learns an Electric attack.

I'm now in Mauville as previously mentioned, and the problem is that I have no answer to Wattson's supreme Electric Pokemon. With no Rock, Ground or Fighting Pokemon at my disposal I am struggling to grind past him. The problem mainly begins with his Magneton, who has the Steel-typing to resist most of my attacks. Night Shade could do the job from Sableye, but he's not sturdy enough to defeat Magneton before it defeats him. Minun is still pretty weak with low attack and no special attacks in her arsenal. Meanwhile Grovyle and Taillow can't stand up to it, and even when it has gone down, Wattson still has his Manectric to call upon. This may take a great deal more training to get right lol.

Current Team:
    Gex the Grovyle - Lv23
    Ace the Taillow - Lv20
    Lurker the Sableye - Lv19
    Mina the Minun - Lv17

I lol'd.

I restarted my Emerald a week ago, picked Mudkip. Snatched a Shroomish, trained them both to Lvl 18. Beat Roxanne. I got a Trapinch after beating Brawly, Wattson, and Flannery, and got it to Lvl 40 after defeating the trainers on the routes between Petalburg and Slateport. Progressed more in the storyline, and beat Tate and Liza. Got myself a Snorunt, which I used to beat almost all the trainers in the routes between Mossdeep and Pacifidlog, and in the course of that, I got a Lvl 50 Glalie. Caught Rayquaza, unlocked the Regis, and caught them all in about 50 minutes.

I'm in Victory Road at the moment.

I was playing leaf green and went up to resort Gorgeous, and used the Vs. seeker and trained up my tyranitar a bit while it was holding an amulet coin.

So I kept battling the two ladies out there and got like $600,000.

But then Since I was borrowing my cousins GBA I now don't have his GBA or his Ruby... Du'oh

I was playing leaf green
    Um....

I got to the Pokemon League in Emerald and I'm having trouble beating Glacia.
    on a hiatus at the moment.

So i started a new challenge on sapphire today, my challenge is that i have to beat the elite four on my firt try using no potions/and all my pokemon have to know all the hm's!
    i started that out today and im feeling pretty confident that i can do this challenge, i have already planned out a team and it looks great!

so i started my quest by jumping out of a moveing truck, did all the beggining stuff, defeated may, healed, and received the pokedex. i chose mudkip as a starter because everone loves mudkips, continued up the first route demoloshing all of the trainers, went through petalburg woods and barely got touched, got to rustboro, received the quick claw from the school teacher, received cut from the cutting master, one shotted all of the geodudes in the gym and two shotted the nosepass with water gun, saved peeko and helped out the devon reseacher...AGAIN! the sailor guy took me too dewford and decided to just go to steven right away, so i went/ returned the letter to steven, and caught my second pokemon will update tomorow!

Team:

Marshstomp
    lvl 19
    Rock tomb
    Mud Shot
    water gun
    Bide

Sableye
    lvl 12
    cut
    scratch
    night shade
    leer

Started breeding on Emerald for my Ruby team, so far I have three in eggs, and three to do. Planned team was Sceptile/Camerupt/Milotic/Gardevoir/Aggron/Altaria.

Also still hoping a random perfect Attack IV will pop up in my Heracross' eggs. So far I have gotten 31 in HP, Defense, and Speed. Gonna send a great mother to Pearl to breed with a Male Guts Heracross 31/31/x/x/x/31
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I recently started playing Pokemon Ruby again. I was resetting for a shiny Treecko but I decided to give that up and I started playing. I chose Treecko and went on my way. I quickly dumped Treecko and caught 5 Zigzagoons to use as Pickup slaves. The fourth one was Adamant and I added it to my team.

When I got to Petalburg Woods, I caught a Naughty Shroomish and trained that up too. I used Shroomish's Mega Drain to defeat Roxanne with ease. I did the saving Peeko quest and trained Zigzagoon and Shroomish to Lv. 16.

I then travelled to Dewford. Upon my arrival, I took the Old Rod and went to catch a Clear Body Tentacool. I settled for a Quiet natured male and trained it to Lv. 19. That was a pain since its only two attacking moves were Poison Sting and Constrict. Luckily, I had 3 Rare Candies that I got from my Pickup-ers so I used them.

I defeated Brawly with my freshly evolved Linoone. 2 Headbutts to both Machop and Makuhita and I won the match. I then travelled to Mauville City and I'm standing outside of the gym, waiting to go in.

Team:

Lv.21
    Lv.23
    Lv.20

I've come a long way already since the last time i posted, I now have six badges.I mentioned in my last post that i was going to catch a Swablu which i did and the first one i caught had a Jolly nature, lucky or what? After i caught Swablu i went to catch a lunatone but ended up catching a Solrock instead which also has a jolly nature. I levelled them up so they matched the rest of my team then battled my way onwards.

Currently i am heading towards Mt.Pyre and Lilycove, my team has battled their way through the trainers of route 120 with ease and are now at a higher then average level for this part of the game.

My team currently:
    Kimba the Delcatty - Naive - M - LV37
    Moobz the Gardevoir - Calm - M - LV36
    Kiyo the Altaria - Jolly - F - LV36
    Toasty the Solrock - Jolly - N/A - Lv36
    Kippidge the Swampert - Modest - M - LV36
    Slavcoon the zigzagoon - Gentle - M - LV6

Ugh, what an infuriating few days of gameplay. As soon as I got Surf and Dive combo, it took the matter of half a day of constant play to explore all the bullshizzy water routes between Lilycove and Slateport. Then I did the same with Waterfall (which took nowhere near as long). Once I'd beaten all the Trick Houses, it was time to smash the Elite Four.

I'd actually considered adding a Mawile to my team. The evenutal reasoning for its exclusion was that it would add another weakness to Fighting. I'd also considered Milotic...but I'm far too lazy to go through with that.

As it turns out, my team of five did me just fine. The easiest member? Wallace...of course? It would always take at least ten turns on my other runthroughs. However, this time I swept his whole team with my underleveled Gardevoir. Calm Minded Thunderbolts were the order of the day.

Now that I've actually done it, I'm not sure what to do next. Maybe I'll give the Frontier a crack. Although I'd need to reposess many TMs.

Team:

lvl.51
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Hypnosis
    Thunderbolt

lvl.49
    Brick Break
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Ball
    Faint Attack

lvl.50
    Return
    Hypnosis
    Teeter Dance
    Psybeam

lvl.49
    Rock Slide
    Amnesia
    Eruption
    Earthquake

lvl.49
    Crunch
    Ice Beam
    Headbutt
    Shadow Ball

Badges: 8
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Guess what! I FINALLY beat Wattson!

Yes, it doesn't sound like much of an achievement on the face of things but when you read my last post in this thread, you'll understand why i'm so hyped lol. Due to having nothing Super Effective against his Electrics, I had a hard time taking them down. Voltorb would usually let me give a couple of hits, paralyse me with Spark and the Self-Destruct, and by the time I took down it and Electrike, my team was depleted for the daunting task aginst Magneton and Manectric. Today though, my luck changed. Voltorb Self-Destructed straight away, and luckily left Grovyle with a few HP. I used Swellow against Electrike and then to take down Manectric and Magneton, I paralysed them both with Minun's Thunder Wave before destroying them with Grovyle and Sableye respectively. It did take a few Super Potions however.

With my third badge in hand, i'm now on my way to Lavaridge via the route north of Mauville and Mt. Chimney.

Current team:
    Gex the Grovyle - Lv25
    Ace the Swellow - Lv24
    Lurker the Sableye - Lv23
    Mina the Minun - Lv20

Since my last update i defeated Tate and Liza pretty easily and gained my seventh badge, i then proceeded to hunt down both Team Aqua and Team Mamga and destroyed their leaders Archie and Maxie.After all that i then had to save the world from the two weather pokemon Groudon and kyogre by releasing the awesome dragon Pokemon Rayquaza and literally calming the storm.Eventually we battled Juan the new gym leader and Moobz (Gardevoir) owned every single one of his pokemon with one calm mind and thunderbolt, i then claimed my final badge from a grave looking Juan and headed towards the final stage...the Pokemon League.

So....me and my team battled on through Victory road barely making it to the end in one piece. but we eventually came out victorious although tired and sore from our journey.Now we are stuck back in victory road training until we reach a decent level to challnge the Elite four, which shouldn't be too far away now.

Current team:
    Moobz the Gardevoir - Calm - M - LV48
    Toasty the Solrock - Jolly - N/A - LV47
    Kimba the delcatty - Naive - M - LV47
    Kippidge the Swampert - Modest - M - LV47
    Kiyo the Altaria - Jolly - F - Lv47
    HM slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaasuti View Post
    After i caught Swablu i went to catch a lunatone but ended up catching a Solrock instead which also has a jolly nature.
    FYI, Lunatone is found only in Sapphire.
    In Emerald and Ruby, you will find only Solrock.

Lately I've been speedrunning Sapphire. I haven't seen or heard of many people doing it before, so I thought it might be an interesting way to play. Right now I'm saved in the Pokemon Center in Fallabar city, about to head up Mt. Chimney to battle Archie.

The clock currently reads 1:18 I believe, but I've made so many mistakes, and it can be done much faster than that. Haven't played it in a few days due to lack of interest, and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to beat Archie's Golbat with a Lv. 29 or so Combusken. =/ I have Zigzagoon as an early Surf/Rock Smash Pokemon, and Wingull as the future flyer.

Hopefully I have good luck for the rest of the run...

I'm about to find Archie underwater in Emerald. First I'm going to find Sootopolis so that once I'm done with Archie, I can just fly there.

I'm also working on my Pokedex so I can get one of the Johto starters.
    God is awesome.

NamelessShippingHunterShipping
    グリシル

You can view my full list of ships here.

Alright, just tested out surf on Emerald after beating Norman a month or 2 ago *I have 5 badges btw.* and I'm now on the routes to dewford from route 204 south trying to level up my crew before heading to fortree, and I'd also do some stuff as well.

here's my team's 1st post here:

Lv28 Swablu (female), Quiet nature with Natural Cure
    Lv29 Sableye (male), Rash Nature with Keen Eye
    Lv28 Manetric (male), Adamant Nature with LightningRod
    Lv30 Numel (Male), Naughty Nature with Oblivious
    Lv27 Loudred (male), Serious Nature with Soundproof
    Lv33 Marshtomp (male), Sassy nature with Torrent

Also, I found out a day or 2 ago that my Marshtomp has 31 in HP, Attack and SpAtk IVs, 28 in Defense IVs, 30 in SpDef IVs and 14 in Speed IVs.
    Last edited by SonOfASubmariner; 31st August 2009 at 8:39 AM.
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

I've calmed Groudon and Kyogre and am proceeding to defeat the final gym leader. I think I'm going to train a bit more before challenging him, though, since none of my Pokemon are even at level forty yet.

Estimated current team:

Lv. 38 Blaziken
    Lv. 39 Altaria
    Lv. 39 Lairon
    Lv. 38 Breloom
    Lv. 38 Azumarill
    Lv. 26 Linoone (HM slave)
    God is awesome.

グリシル

Well, I went on S.S. Cactus, The Abandoned Ship, and battled all the trainers I saw there, and got all the Items I can obtain. It's a shame that I don't have Dive yet.

Most of my crew gotten a bit stronger.

Lv30 Swablu (female), Quiet nature with Natural Cure
    Lv30 Sableye (male), Rash Nature with Keen Eye
    Lv29 Manetric (male), Adamant Nature with LightningRod
    Lv30 Numel (Male), Naughty Nature with Oblivious
    Lv29 Loudred (male), Serious Nature with Soundproof
    Lv33 Marshtomp (male), Sassy nature with Torrent
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

just saved before a Cyndaquil on Emerald, when Birch gives it to you. Going to get it shiny, this is my second time beating the Emerald game with the dex all done and the first time I got Chikorita Shiny. I want Cyndaquil shiny so when HG/SS comes i can get Totodile shiny and I will trade em over ot have all shiny starters that would be awesome. Hopefuly I can do it within a week or so.
    [CENTER]

It just shows how rusty my memory is of these games as I forgot that Team Magma's goons were blocking the gatehouse to Mt. Chimney's cablecar. As a result, I had to make a detour through the Fiery Path to get to Fallarbor for the time being. However, I firstly caught myself a Numel for my team at the foot of Mt. Chimney.

So I reached Fallarbor and found out that Prof. Cozmo had gone missing, presumably to Meteor Falls. With little to do in the quiet rural surroundings of Fallarbor, I decided to investigate at the Falls, and found a confrontation between the Professor and Team Magma. There was no need for me to intervene though, because Team Aqua gatecrashed the party and scared the goons away. With that sorted, I traversed south of Hoenn and journeyed from Rustboro to Mauville via Rusturf Tunnel and then onwards to Mt. Chimney again. This time I found that the two Magma Grunts weren't blocking the gatehouse...

At the summit of the mountain I found that Magma and Aqua were wreaking havoc and were undergoing intense battles. I cleared the way by defeating some Grunts and eventually met Maxie, the Boss of Team Magma. I beat him fairly easily and thus retrieved Cozmo's Meteorite. A short journey down the Jagged Pass (where I also caught a Spoink) allowed me to reach Lavaridge finally, and I proceeded to take on Flannery's gym. Numel and Sableye were the stars of the Gym battle here as I still lack a water type, and so I now have four badges.

Current Team:
    Gex the Grovyle - Lv28
    Ace the Swellow - Lv27
    Lurker the Sableye - Lv27
    Mina the Minun - Lv25
    Camilla the Numel - Lv24
    Pigette the Spoink - Lv21

^ I see we have a fan of Gex? I also called my Sceptile Gex, he is now one of my prized pokemon level 100 with Leaf Blade, EQ, Solar Beam & something else I don't remember I think Areal Ace but yeah Gex rules XD
    [CENTER]

I'm having a hard time beating Juan since all of his Pokemon know Ice Beam and I have a lot of type disadvantages. That, and his Kingdra uses a combo of Double Team and Water Pulse/Ice Beam against my Azumarill, which can't get a hit in after that.

So I eventually gave up and attempted to capture Rayquaza. I only wish I knew it was going to be at level 70. I assumed it was going to be weaker since it's the mascot of the game, but I was obviously wrong. I'm saving the Masterball for Latios, so I think I'll give up for now and train my Pokemon.
    God is awesome.

グリシル

So i restarted my Emerald version and this time i picked Torchic.....so i began ev training it (Combusken) in Sp. Atk so i was lookin for Abras on Route 116 it was takin forever and I found a few, when all of a sudden I encountered a....SHINY NINCADA!!!!!!! w/ a brave nature max iv's in ATK!!!! i was so happy i saved the game 30 times lol
    So now im still ev training my Combusken in Sp. Atk it takes forever cuz Abra are rare =(
    My Team:

My FC: 0946 0660 4396
    My name is Taylor
    I'm the Dragon leader of The Super Neo Gym Challenge. Prize: Shiny Magikarp
    Badge: Scale badge record 0-0

LATIOS GET!!!!!

Wootage! After days of False-Swiping and Ultra-Ball-Throwing, it has been caught! An Adamant (but I don't care) Latios caught on Route 119! I'm going to Park it over to Platinum.
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast