Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3466

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

currently hatching dratini's for the perfect dragonite, have 46 so far and no adamant natured arg! lots of lonely which maybe usefull for a quick physical sweeper.

Next up, chanseys!
    Current favourite song to hatch to:Walla Walla - The Offspring

Official claims:
    Video Game: Metal Gear Solid
    Video Game Character:Grey Fox - Metal Gear Solid

Alright. Got out of the abandoned ship, Got the good rod, caught Carvanha, Barboach, Corphish, and caught a Baltoy.

Turned off the malfunctioning Generator in New Mauville, caught Voltorb and Magnemite...

Swablu and Numel evolved.

recieved TM24 Thunderbolt from Wattson for turning off the malfunctioning Generator *That was between my last post in this thread and this post*

and I'm now trying to get a Yellow Flute from the Ash sack man.

Lv35 Altaria (female), Quiet nature with Natural Cure
    Lv31 Sableye (male), Rash Nature with Keen Eye
    Lv31 Manetric (male), Adamant Nature with LightningRod
    Lv33 Camerupt (Male), Naughty Nature with Magma Armor
    Lv31 Loudred (male), Serious Nature with Soundproof
    Lv34 Marshtomp (male), Sassy nature with Torrent
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

Well, I didn't like my name in Emerald, so I restarted it. I traded a few pokemon over to my Ruby version beforehand though... Now I'm Cecilia in it. After five resets, I got a female Torchic (like I wanted). I beat Brendan easily with a few Scratches, and headed back to the lab... where I saved.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Ruby:
    Didn't play Ruby for a long time. Started SRing for a shiny Rayquaza again. Lost count on the amount of SRs so far, but hope it will shine soon. Got a shiny groudon on this game file after many SRs, hope it will not take that long for Rayquaza though.

Okay, so I decided to play Emerald over again because I finally got Pal Park in Platinum and wanted a Latios. Great excuse, huh? So I started up the game and, in honor of the Swampert who had once belonged to the previous owner of my Platinum cartridge and was now on my E4-beating team, got a Mudkip. I plan to name him Juan.

So Birch rambles about things I should know already with his creepy grin and face shape, and then asks me if I'm a boy or a girl. I choose GIRL. And now... my name. So at first I thought of using 'Giratina', but 'Giratin' sounded really lame. And no way I was using Vision or something like I did last playthrough. So I was pondering some cool names, and came up with nothing. I resorted to my last defense... and also my most hated defense... my real name.

Save Birch's sorry tail from a vicious man-eating Zigzagoon? Check. Retrieve memetastic Pokémon whose Emerald sprite I hate but evolves into the awesome Earthquake-spamming Swampert? Check. Thinking about catching a Ralts for a few minutes but deciding it would be too hard? Also check. Here we go...

So now there's a May lookalike named Julia running around with a Mudkip, appropriately named Juan (once again in honor of Swampert and his old Trainer). Great fun when we get to the eighth Gym Leader. And so...

I have discovered something incredible!

Ralts, contrary to popular belief, are attracted to negative emotions, not positive ones! C'mon, you know it to be true. Wally was quivering in his boots when he found one, and I must have spent all of an hour looking for this thing. I reconsidered the Ralts thing, they're too cute. When I found one, a critical hit from my Level 13 Mudkip Juan wiped it out pretty well. I wasn't pleased. I moved to a different patch of grass and who do I find but an adorable little female Ralts waiting for me? After thanking Mew for a couple of minutes, I turned back to Emerald and prayed Juan's attack wouldn't be too powerful again. Tackle this time knocked her nicely into the Red Zone, and she went in the Pokéball on the first toss.

So here's info on Cloud, the new Ralts on my team after some levelling to give her something more than Growl:

Cloud | female Ralts
    Lv 6 | Timid nature | Synchorize

* Growl
    * Confusion

Oh yes! Also after some chillaxing in Petalburg Woods (and watching a lot of episodes of Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?) I caught myself a Shroomish. Having no clue what to call it, I look up and Jory delivers the catchphrase: "...and nobody likes roasted nuts." I am then reminded of that little thing they did in Sootopolis with the big Shroomish and Barboach hunters. Cue Immature Joke Sensor going into overdrive...

Roasty | female Shroomish
    Lv 6 | Quirky | Effect Spore

* Absorb
    * Tackle

EDIT: Fought Roxanne. A few Critical Hitting Absorbs and some training beforehand kicked Roasty up to level 10, at which point she learned Leech Seed. A fierce battle ensued between Roasty and Nosepass, with Nosepass having the lead by five levels. Cue Leech Seed and an awful lot of Absorbs... it reminded me of that one epic battle I had in Sapphire between Breloom and Slaking. Oh maaaan, that was the most awesome battle I've ever played... but anyway. After about three Potions and an Oran berry, Roasty scored a Critical Hit and knocked Nosepass down to a sliver of red. Leech Seed kicked in... and WOOSH!

Roasty pwn't all three of Roxanne's Pokémon, all of which were at least three levels higher than she was, and I never even had to use Juan to cover for her. Is that an awesome Shroomish or what?
    Last edited by Giratina!; 11th September 2009 at 10:26 PM.

After I Pal Parked everything in my Emerald to Platinum, I started over. This time I chose Torchic. I did all that stuff and got a wingull. Trained them both up a bit, then went to Petalburg to see My dad.
    Went into the gym then Wally came in then left with me to catch a pokemon. Wally got Ralts (what would happen if the zigzagoon got a critical hit and KO'd Ralts) and then we went back to the gym. Wally left then after some dialogue between me and Dad, so did I.

Scott called me a rookie on my wait out of petalburg (I feel like trading over a lvl 100 Charizard and Flamethrowering him in the face) and then I went to Rustboro, and just before entering the town Torchic evolved into Combusken.

Entered Rustboro gym and wingull destroyed everything, but succumbed to Nosepass. Combusken kicked it to death.

I went and got Cut from the Cutter. Then I went on to catch the Grunt that managed to steal the Goods. I battled a few trainers the Mr. Briney said the Grunt stole his Peeko. I found and destroyed the Grunt yet again, and got the Goods back.

The Director assigned me the mission of delivering a letter to Steven and the Goods I got back to Captain what's his face (think he's named after part of a boat. Rudder?). I recieved the Pokenav and an upgrade for it, then Left Rustboro. May was on the edge of town, so I battled her. Currently waiting outside Mr. Briney's house

Team
    Combusken lvl 17
    Double Kick, Peck, Scratch and Ember

Wingull lvl 16
    Water Gun, Wing Attack Supersonic and Growl
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It'll affect those who only have one eye. It's a form of anti-piracy.

I then moved on to Dewford. Cloud, contrary to my belief, was pretty much useless in Brawly's gym, probably because her Defense was too low or something. Anyway, Juan (who evolved into a Marshtomp from my brief training in Granite Cave beforehand) was the real star of the show here. Water Gun worked very well against Makuhita. Anyway, I kicked Brawly the Surfer Man's sorry tail, got Bulk Up (which I'll probably never use) and, more importantly, the ability to use Flash. Up I go to Granite Cave again, ready to evolve... someone. Cloud or Roasty, whoever.

So I pass the Escape Rope spot I emptied the previous excursion (and tried to find my way around without a map or a Flash - bad idea) and went to the next floor, catching myself a Sableye who I'm not going to use except as a Flash slave in this case. I named him Hustler. So Hustler uses Flash and I walk around, warding off Arons and other stray Sableyes who are for some reason envious of Hustler being taken captive by Enemy General Julia. Didn't catch anything else cool in this cave, except for a Zubat I thought about using but decided against.

You know the drill: meet Steven, get Steel Wing, get TFO. And so I did.

Went to Slateport, and thought long and hard for a few hours about what to rename Cloud as - 'Cloud' wasn't as cool a name as I thought. After thinking for a bit I decided on the most awesome name I could muster at 9:00 PM - Enigma. Juan and Roasty stayed the same. I went to talk to Dock, fought off the Grunts (Roasty was a godsend), and after a quick three-battle run in the Battle Tent (where I got a Full Heal for my efforts and further reinforced my opinion that Magnemite and Electrike are the most awesome Electric-types on the planet), I went up some and beat some pitiful Pokéfans.

Now, the Pokéfans Isabel and Someone were a lot of fun to fight - they had a Plusle and Minun each, and each one wasted a turn using Helping Hand on the other! I swear the Universe would have exploded if they both went through, but Emerald deemed the second HH invalid. Phew. Beat them after some Synchorize and Stun Spore abuse, and got to training mah Pogermans all up to level 20.

My team as follows:

Enigma - Timid female Ralts- L18
    Roasty - Quirky female Shroomish - L18
    Juan - Bold male Marshtomp - L20

My plan is to evolve Enigma and Roasty before I move on.

^Giratina! I believe the correct term is pogeymanz not pogermans, but whatever floats your boat. And if you can't think of good nicknames at 9, try it at 11. Ima name them tomorrow.

I haven't done a lot really. I got Mr. Briney to give me a lift, then while in Dewford destroyed Brawly's gym with ease and went and gave the letter to Steven. I went all the way back to Rustboro and got the exp. share off the Director man. Then went back to Dewford and saved.
    Team
    Combusken lvl 19
    Double Kick, Peck, Scratch and Ember

Wingull lvl 19
    Water Gun, Wing Attack Supersonic and Growl

Burgaz: Nah, 'pogermans' is just easier to pronounce and still make it obviously wrong. Plus, it sounds cooler. Poe-gurr-mans. Better than Poe-ghee (it's some sort of butter, I believe)-mans. :/

Also, your GPX+ Croagunk is ready to hatch. ;D

Can't say much on the Emerald front, as right now I'm hunting for my dream Shiny on Platinum: Magmortar.

tell me if i should edit my team at all.

Blaziken-lvl 100- Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut
    Raichu- lvl 80- Thunderbolt, Thunder, Double Team, Thunder wave
    Absol- lvl 100- Double team, Slash, Perish song, Future Sight
    Skarmory- lvl 100- Steel Wing, Ariel Ace, Fly, Spikes
    Aggon- lvl 60- Iron tail, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, Earthquake
    Dusclops- lvl 60- Psychic, Curse, Shadow punch, Future Sight

i am debating about maybe having a crobat. its a level 55 and i also may try and get a salamance. possibly adding a garados in there because i have no water pokemon. i have a local tournament coming up and i want to win. prize is like $500. if you could add any pokemon, moves, or items to have it hold that would be really appreciated

So my journey picks off in Dewford. I Couldn't really decide on my final team, then I decided on another member. I pulled a zigzagoon out of the box and shoved with an exp. share. Trained it and the rest of my team then fought Wattson. Had a bit of trouble and lost, so I went away and trained against some trainers. Wingull evolved into Pelliper
    Combusken lvl 27
    Linoone lvl 27
    Pelliper lvl 27

Well, I evolved Enigma into a Kirlia in hopes of getting some better moves upon evolution (the only offensive attack the poor girl has is Confusion). I bought some Harbor Mail, kicked Brendan's sorry tail (hey that rhymed), and walked into the streets of Mauville ready to... get a bike and a Badge, among other things.

Well, the first thing I did was trade my useless Harbor Mail for a Coin Case, which I've decided I'm never going to use after looking at the price of TM Psychic. Geez. [shudders] And Thunderbolt I won't bother with, because I'll be getting TM Shockwave in a few minutes to use on my future Magneton - yeah, I'll be using a Magneton. As well as another excuse to name something mechanical 'Helio', I need an Electric-type and I know from playing through Sapphire with him that this guy is one of the better slot-fillers. Anyway, onto Wattson.

So Juan, being a Ground-type with Mud Shot, breezed through this place. Voltorb? One turn of Rollout before getting Mud-shot. Electrike didn't even attack before it dropped. Magneton, after sending out a Sonicboom which didn't do much, also dropped to the might of Mud Shot. And then there was Manectric... he was the only one who gave me trouble. Mud Shot didn't faint him, and he kept using Howl to boost... something. Attack, I believe. Anyway, he healed with a Sitrus Berry and kept Howling until repetitions of Mud Shot and one critical-hit Tackle made him drop. And with that Wattson infected me with the WAHAHA virus and, more importantly, forked over the Dynamobadge.

And now I'm healing with my level 26 Marshtomp and the other two, who haven't changed much. Both are still level 20, and I really need to evolve Roasty soon.

I just started Ruby Yesturday. My starter Pokemon was a Trochic I finally found Surskit and today I found Slakoth and now traveling to get my first Gym Badge.
    Pokemon are only meant for fighting and to over power the other Pokemon Trainers.;383;

Winning is every thing for a Trainer!;155;

I restarted Sapphire the other day, cause I had a bad egg.

So far I have

Blaziken - Level 44
    Manetric - Level 35
    Gyrados - Level 34
    Skamory - Level 16

I just caught Kyogre with a Poke Ball, while it had 1 HP & was Paralyzed.

Started Ruby today, did al the normally stuff and one of the first thing i encountered was a shiny Seedot ;e lol ko'd it with tackle and a crit tackle :\

gawd, ive had this sapphire since i was like 8 and i still cannot fill the hoenn dex, i couldnt years ago, and i cant now. any hints?
    My pearl team:

This is Red. If you think Red is the greatest pokemon Trainer, copy and paste this in your sig *started by Mewten150*

Quote Originally Posted by Mewten150 View Post
    gawd, ive had this sapphire since i was like 8 and i still cannot fill the hoenn dex, i couldnt years ago, and i cant now. any hints?
    Just to train all of your Pokemon and catch anything you don't already own. If you're talking about the National Dex and also the version exclusives, then trading is necessary. Overall patience is the key (which must be why i've never come close to completing a Pokedex lol).

As for me, I haven't put much time into Emerald lately, but I have progressed as far as defeating Norman thus far. I've lost motivation to play because of college and uncertainty over my team, but the progress i've made at the moment has been good fun.

Team (can't remember levels - probably around the 30 mark):
    Gex the Grovyle
    Ace the Swellow
    Lurker the Sableye
    Mina the Minun
    Camilla the Numel
    Pigette the Spoink

Goodie. Went through literal hell to get my Trapinch up to Lv. 24 (Training it to lv36 so it can be a Vibrava + 1 lvl.) and then I drop my DS. Now I have to sit through "Wild ODDISH used ABSORB!" for about another 2 hours. Goodie for me. And have to rebeat the fifth gym. Not liking this.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

well, I hadn't done much, but I traded a Torchic from my Ruby version with no Internal Battery Clock to my Emerald, and got Torchic Eggs from her, I got a pretty good one which I trained to evolve into a Combusken, That made me 2 Hoenn starters I got on my Emerald.
    Can't post the current team because it's quite a while since I last played it.
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

Trying out Contests... again. Last time, I failed miserably, but I'm doing a lot better this time. I'm using my Flygon in a Tough contest, and it's currently in the Super rank. This dude's 'Snubbins' is so annoying. It keeps startling my Flygon and losing it points :P I'm feeding Flygon Pokeblocks to increase its condition, and it's slowly working. Also, completely by chance, I encountered my Latias in Route 119 in the water.
    Last edited by Mrs. Lovett; 21st September 2009 at 1:47 AM.

The story of Professor Rowan - Chapter 42 is up!

Other Works:
    Cave GuardianCheaterContestsMaids
    Author's ProfileFanFiction Profile

Oh wow. So much has happened since my little Emerald freezing issue (be careful with your DSes peopel D; ). I managed to rebeat Norman. He was even easier the second time. Combusken swept the first three Pokemon on his team while Breloom made short work of Slaking (Leech Seed + Stun Spore + Mach Punch > Slaking). I then obtained HM03 Surf. In my last play of this I taught Surf to a Goldeen as I planned on it being my Surf / Waterfall slave, but this time I did it differently.

I went on the search for a Tentacool. Its a Pokemon that's better than people give it credit for. After a long search of very low level Tentacools, I found of a good level - Lv. 32. So I weakened it with my Linoone's Headbutt. I caught it then went back to Petalburg and got a Rare Candy (of course after teaching Tentacool Surf) and used it to level up Tentacool so it could evolve into Tentacruel.

Then I withdraw Mr. Pain-In-The-Rear (Trapinch) and headed towards Mauville (Without the boat, its a bit longer than is necessary) and went to Route 117 to begin the long, slow process of catching it up to my team in levels (which was around Lv. 30). I did get some rematch calls that help the exp more than WILD FREAKING ODDISHES THAT WON'T LET ME RUN UNTIL THEY SAP 3/4S OF MY HEALTH. <.<;

After I caught Trapinch up in levels I boxed it and began training these six Pokemon: Combusken, Gardevoir, Tentacruel, Linoone, Breloom, and Manectric. Yes, I got a team of 7 pokemon total but it works. I managed to evolve Combusken after some trainer battles that were, imo, harder than what they should be. Maybe I just was underleveled. But I was reward with Blaziken + Blaze Kick, HUZZAH. Finally after so much Embering its been replaced. FINALLY.

Now I'm just training other Pokemon. Linoone is awesome. He keeps me stocked up on Ultra Balls. Not that I've really used any but will help for when I face legendaries like Groudon and such. Keeping Master Ball for whichever Lati I choose (Latias maybe? I dunno, still debating it.). So for now that's it. Now excuse me while I go train a Manectric.

Team:

Blaziken - Lv. 36
    Linoone - Lv. 36
    Gardevoir - Lv. 36
    Breloom Lv. 31
    Manetric - Lv. 31
    Tentacruel - Lv. 33
    Trapinch - Lv. 30 (Boxed atm)
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Im cloning like theres no tommorrow

My scramble challenge isn't finished yet. Nearly all my Pokemon are almost lvl. 50.
    on a hiatus at the moment.

Played a little bit for the first time in months today. I started up on my Palace and Dome streaks again and worked on the Pike as well. I noticed that my Pyramid Lvl. 50 streak was sitting at 14 and decided I might as well give the Silver symbol a try. I somehow managed to make it to Brandon with Machamp down and only one Revive.

Things...did not start as well as I had hoped. Machamp's Cross Chop missed right off the bat and he got KO'd by Regirock pretty early. Gardevoir was able to KO Regirock before taking damage and was pitted up against Registeel. Gardevoir managed to burn Registeel and take off about 3/4s of its HP before being taken down by Toxic and Earthquake, but not before I managed to bring Machamp back up. Registeel ended up dieing to Earthquake before Toxicing Machamp, so I went on to Regice with only 1/2 HP. The first Cross Chop took Regice's HP down to 1/3, but missed the second try and got Machamp into the red from double Ice Beam. So with 12 HP left and only one shot, Machamp used Cross Chop again and KO'd Regice, obtaining the symbol for me.

That puts me at 5 Silver. I still need both the Arena and Factory Silver, but for now I'm planning to focus on getting the Pike and Dome Gold.

I really hope this is not against the rules.

Anyway, I have gotten an irresistable urge to play a game from this trio right now. Preferrably Emerald. However, I do not want to restart my Emerald, as it contains nearly all of my good 3rd Gen Pokemon, TMS, and Lugias/Mews and a clone host for them. So, I can either:

-Import my six most precious Pokemon and restart Ruby (which is actually not the best game after you beat it for it not having Battle Frontier/an incentive for catching them all)

-Finish that stupid Sapphire mono-run finally and do the same as Ruby (Actually, mono-water is pretty fun, but I had a Swampert, Pelliper, Tentacruel, Sharpedo, and Ludicolo before getting to the coast, and it boils my brain to choose between Walrein, Starmie, Lanturn, and Relicanth. Also, if I do this, I'm probably going to restart with a Mono-normal run with 6 out of Linoone, Swellow, Vigoroth, Slaking, Delcatty, Exploud, and Wigglytuff, maybe trading over a Zangoose egg instead of Vigoroth.)

-Buy another copy of Emerald (Would be best choice ever, but it would cost the last $25 I have)

help.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast