So much for a break and rest. I had nothing to do today so I skipped ahead to Wattson.
- Entered the Flash area of the Granite Cave in search of Steven.
- Delivered the letter to Steven and received Steel Wing.
- Sailed to Slateport Beach with Mr. Briney.
- Won the Seashore House challenge to win the Soda Pop.
- Taught Nincada Swagger.
- Taught Ralts Torment.
- Nincada swept the Aqua grunts in the Oceanic Museum.
- Fought through the trainers near the Altering Cave.
- Ralts evolved into Kirlia during the first Trick Room challenge.
- Completed the first Trick Room challenge.
- Ambushed by May:
- Very fun battle. Wingull was Swaggered by Nincada then taken out by Marshtomp.
- It cost me three Super Potions, but Kirlia took out the troublesome Grovyle. Torment was largely the reason, preventing two consecutive Pursuits.
- Slugma Yawned and Yawned and Yawned. I alternately switched between Kirlia and Marshtomp until it Embered Marshtomp, then I used Water Gun for the win.
- I have come to the impression that I beat May through switching. Wierd.
- Nincada evolved into Ninjask on Route 110. Shedinja resulted from this. I will only seriously train Shedinja.
- Taught Kirlia Calm Mind.
- Taught Marshtomp Rock Smash.
- Got the Acro Bike.
- Taught Shroomish Headbutt.
- Swept the Cycling Road trainers.
- Shedinja is thinner than a paper plate...
- ...but it one-shotted Wally's Ralts.
- Obtained the Coin Case.
- Did some training on Routes 111 and 118.
- After my Pokemon, with the exception of Ninjask, reached Level 22 I challenged the Mauville Gym.
- Cleared Mauville Gym except the leader, mostly with Shedinja.
- Shroomish evolved into Breloom on Route 110 before I challenged Wattson.
- Taught Breloom Mach Punch.
- Battling Wattson:
- I thought Voltorb would be helpless against Shedinja, but the orb had Rollout. Quick night for the shell.
- Kirlia was getting smashed by Rollout; I switched to Breloom and put things to a stop with Mach Punch.
- A Headbutt flinch and a Mach Punch took out Electrike.
- For Magneton and Manectric I took no chances, using Marshtomp. Manectric took a while to fall and Howled Quick Attacks got Marshtomp down to 7 HP.
- Won the Dynamo Badge!
- Taught Kirlia Shock Wave.
- Taught Breloom Bulk Up.
- Off to Rusturf Tunnel, then Route 111.
Level 23 Marshtomp (Fisher) (Quick Claw; Torrent)
- Water Gun
- Rock Smash
- Rock Tomb
- Mud Shot
Level 23 Kirlia (Gown) (Cheri Berry; Synchronize)
- Calm Mind
- Shock Wave
Level 23 Breloom (Funga) (Miracle Seed; Effect Spore)
- Mach Punch
- Leech Seed
- Bulk Up
Level 23 Shedinja (Skin) (Soothe Bell; Speed Boost)
- Leech Life
Level 21 Ninjask (Helper) (Silk Scarf; Speed Boost)*
- Leech Life
* I do not intend to train Ninjask since I am aiming for an Altaria later on.