Page 45 of 145 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3615

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Okay, Ruby's back on track now. Everyone's in the level 21-25 range, and everyone's got at least one decent damage-inflicting STAB attack. Now I can do some serious training.

Outside Meteor Falls right now. Poked my nose into Team Magma's business and freed Professor Cozmo from their clutches. Now I've just got to pump everyone up a bit for when I go to Mt. Chimney. Maxie's Camerupt will be easy for Marshtomp to take care of, but I want to have some slightly stronger reserves to handle everything else.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Trained alot!
    New Team
    Vibrava lvl 35
    Sceptile lvl 42
    Blaziken lvl 39
    Skarmory lvl 36
    Azumarill lvl 23 - HM slave

Beat team aqua at their hideout. Beat the 7th gym.
    Beat team magma at the space (launch?) center.
    Arrived at pacifidlog (only so it will be easier to get to ever grande city when the time comes.
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Continuing my quest at the Frontier. It seems that there are more challenges, though, than successes. Will that change?

- Second challenge of the Battle Tower:
    - Pokemon: Solrock, Torkoal, Tentacruel
    - First Battle: 3-0 victory. Solrock beat a Lickitung and Tentacruel knocked out a Castform and a Combusken.
    - Second Battle: 3-0 Tentacruel sweep. Defeated Psyduck, Smoochum and Bagon.
    - Third Battle: 3-1 victory. Solrock beat a Mudkip and a Slowpoke. A Salac-Flail Eevee beat Tentacruel but fell to Torkoal.
    - Fourth Battle: 3-2 victory. Tentacruel beat an Absol which knocked out Solrock. Torkoal knocked out a Stantler but lost to a Seviper which Tentacruel beat.
    - Fifth Battle: 3-0 Solrock sweep. The sun stone beat Geodude, Numel and Onix rather easily.
    - Sixth Battle: 3-1 victory. Got so annoyed by a Minimizing Defense Curling Metronome-copying-Softboiling Chansey which took out my Tentacruel that all I remember is that Torkoal finally took the pain down.
    - Seventh Battle: 3-2 victory. Solrock fell to an extremely annoying Haunter. Tentacruel beat Haunter and a Golbat before being knocked out by a Swalot which Torkoal finished off.
    - Tower streak currently at 14 victories.

- Watched the newscast of my Tower win. Quite a detailed report, actually, mentioning how my Torkoal beat Hex Maniac Jazmin's Swalot with a Flamethrower.

- Time to prove myself by getting a 14-win streak at the Battle Palace:
    - Pokemon: Altaria, Gardevoir, Tentacruel
    - First Battle: 3-1 Gardevoir sweep. Altaria lost to a Machop due to being incapable of using his power. Gardevoir beat the Machop, a Mankey and a Meditite.
    - Second Battle: 3-1 victory. Gardevoir beat an Octillery and a Marshtomp before falling to a Primeape which Altaria defeated.
    - Third Battle: 3-1 victory. Altaria beat a Haunter and a Volbeat but lost to a Murkrow. Tentacruel took the bird down.
    - Fourth Battle: 3-0 Altaria sweep. The cotton dragon took down his little cousin Swablu, a Spinda and a Torchic.
    - Fifth Battle: 3-0 victory. Altaria beat a Cubone; Gardevoir took down a Makuhita and a Meditite. My best streak has been tied.
    - Sixth Battle: 3-0 Tentacruel sweep. The jellyfish beat a Quilava, a Furret and a Togetic.
    - Seventh Battle: 3-0 loss. Swept by Double Team + Softboiled + Seismic Toss Chansey. Nasty.
    - New record streak is 13 victories.

- Out of fear of Chansey and Blissey, I am considering using Breloom a lot more than I have been.

- Second challenge of the Battle Factory:
    - Pokemon: Rapidash, Milotic, Dodrio
    - First Battle: 3-1 victory. Rapidash beat a Clefable but fell to an Armaldo. Milotic beat Armaldo and a Flygon.
    - Swapped Dodrio for Flygon.
    - Second Battle: 3-0 Rapidash sweep. The flaming horse beat an Arcanine, a Nidoqueen and a Crobat thanks to Flash Fire and Sunny Day.
    - Third Battle: 3-2 victory. Rapidash lost to a Charizard. Milotic beat the Charizard and a Slaking. A Tauros beat Milotic; Flygon took down the Tauros.
    - Fourth Battle: 3-1 victory. Flygon fell to what must have been a Choice Banded Aerodactyl's Aerial Ace. Milotic beat the Flygon and a Nidoqueen. The third opponent, Jynx, took itself out with Perish Song.
    - Fifth Battle: 3-0 Flygon sweep. This Flygon is a SunnyBeamer; it easily beat a Manectric, a Granbull and a Skarmory with sun-boosted Fire Blasts.
    - Sixth Battle: 3-1 victory. Milotic beat a Starmie, and Rapidash took out a Porygon2. A Flareon beat Rapidash but was knocked out by repeated Crunches from Flygon.
    - Seventh Battle: 3-1 victory. Rapidash fell to a Metagross which Milotic knocked out. Flygon beat both an Electrode and a Muk.
    - Factory streak is now at 14 victories.

- Going to the Palace with a 0 current streak for the third time:
    - 21-1 record with Breloom, Gardevoir and Shedinja en route to winning the first seven battles.

- 14 wins will not elude me this time at the Palace. Or will it?
    - Pokemon: Ampharos, Swampert, Breloom
    - First Battle: 3-1 victory. Swampert beat a Pupitar and a Gligar, then fainted to a Shelgon which Breloom knocked out.
    - Second Battle: 3-0 Swampert sweep with Earthquake. Swampert knocked out a Slowpoke, a Psyduck and a Smoochum.
    - Third Battle: 3-2 loss. Swampert beat a Tropius with help from Ampharos. Breloom took out an annoying Politoed, but then fell to Swagger confusion. A Crawdaunt beat both Swampert and Ampharos only because those two would not attack for some reason. Harsh.

- Time to forget about that Battle Palace...
    - ...and time to get a sufficient streak at the Dome.

- First Tournament:
    - Pokemon: Torkoal, Breloom, Gardevoir
    - Round 1: Gardevoir beat both a Slakoth and a Baltoy.
    - Round 2: Breloom beat both an Omanyte and an Anorith.
    - Semi-Final: Breloom beat both a Spinda and a Krabby.
    - Final: Breloom beat both a Cacturne and a Metang.
    - Breloom dominated this tournament.

- Second Tournament:
    - Pokemon: Swampert, Gardevoir, Ampharos
    - Round 1: Gardevoir beat both a Furret and a Machoke.
    - Round 2: Gardevoir beat both a Sandshrew and a Spearow.
    - Semi-Final: Swampert beat both a Doduo and a Larvitar.
    - Final: Gardevoir beat a Golbat; Swampert beat a Sableye.
    - Gardevoir was a force in this set of matches.

- Third Tournament:
    - Pokemon: Torkoal, Altaria, Tentacruel
    - Round 1: Altaria fell to a Stantler; Torkoal beat the Stantler and a Chansey.
    - Round 2: Altaria beat both a Bellossom and a Pidgeot.
    - Semi-Final: Torkoal beat both a Stantler and a Mightyena.
    - Final: Torkoal beat both a Metang and a Venomoth.
    - Fantastic performance by Torkoal in this tournament.

- Fourth Tournament:
    - Pokemon: Swampert, Breloom, Gardevoir
    - Round 1: Swampert beat both a Glalie and a Golem.
    - Round 2: Gardevoir beat both a Hitmonchan and a Seaking.
    - Semi-Final: Gardevoir beat both a Marowak and a Hypno.
    - Final: Swampert beat both an Armaldo and a Kangaskhan.
    - A new record streak! Brilliant effort by both Swampert and Gardevoir made that possible.

- Decide to explore the Battle Pike.
    - Aiming to extend streak to 56 rooms.
    - Pokemon: Altaria, Breloom, Solrock
    - First Choice: Wild Pokemon labyrinth. Ran from a pair of Dusclops and a Milotic (thankfully slower than Altaria).
    - Second Choice: Battle against Psychic Kaitlin. 3-2 loss to her Sharpedo, Kadabra and Venomoth. Ouch.
    - Streak ended at 45 rooms.

- Looks like I have a streak to rebuild:
    - Pokemon: Solrock, Torkoal, Ampharos
    - First Choice: Wild Pokemon labyrinth. No encounters.
    - Second Choice: Another labyrinth. Ran from a Seviper and a Dusclops.
    - Third Choice: Attacked by a trainer's Kirlia. No battle - the trainer calmed it down. However, the Kirlia poisoned both Solrock and Torkoal. Yikes.
    - Fourth Choice: Battle against Expert Selphy. 3-1 win; Torkoal fell to poison. Ampharos responded valiantly by sweeping the opponent. As a reward, my Pokemon were fortunately healed.
    - Fifth Choice: Battle against Hiker Kenneth. 3-1 win; Solrock fell to a Double Team spamming Tyrogue after registering a KO. Ampharos beat the Tyrogue and the other opponent.
    - Sixth Choice: Room with a girl who says "It must be over soon, right?" Nothing else.
    - Seventh Choice: Another room with only one person, a boy, who noted how he was tired. Nothing else.
    - Current streak is at 14 rooms.

- I absolutely refuse to put myself into Frontier Brain territory until I get 14 wins at that cursed red-and-gold building.

- Battle Palace, take IV:
    - Pokemon: Altaria, Swampert, Solrock
    - First Battle: 3-0 Swampert sweep.
    - 21-2 record en route to 7 wins. The only annoying thing was that, in the fifth battle, my opponent's Water Pulse had an experimental confusion probability of 80%.

- Can I finally get 14 wins in the Palace? It is getting around that time when I should...
    - Pokemon: Gardevoir, Torkoal, Swampert
    - First Battle: 3-0 Swampert sweep. He beat a Rhyhorn, a Meditite and an Onix.
    - Second Battle: 3-1 victory. Gardevoir beat a Clefairy and Doduo before falling to a Mankey which Swampert beat.
    - Third Battle: 3-1 victory. A Cacturne beat Gardevoir before falling to Torkoal. Torkoal, with 70 HP remaining after Cacturne and Swampert at 17 HP, then miraculously defeated a stalling Magcargo and a Raticate mostly thanks to Protect+Leftovers. I thought at least ten times that I was going to lose. Best performance of Torkoal's life.
    - Fourth Battle: 3-0 Gardevoir sweep. Despite being confused twice, the Pokemon beat a Dratini, a Shellder and a Slowpoke.
    - Fifth Battle: 3-0 victory. Gardevoir beat a Corphish. Torkoal then took down a Smoochum and a Meditite.
    - Sixth Battle: 3-0 Gardevoir sweep. The Psychic force beat a Pelipper, a Raticate and a Furret. It is about that time...
    - Seventh Battle: 3-0 Torkoal sweep. Gardevoir and Swampert were both getting harrassed by an switching 1-3 HP Kadabra and a very annoying Sableye. Torkoal knocked out the Sableye, beat a Golbat and then finished off the Kadabra.
    - Finally, 14 wins at the Palace! Thank you, Torkoal! Thank you! Also, great performances by my other two Pokemon.

- As long as I get another set of wins/floors in the respective facilities I will be facing Noland, Tucker, Spencer and Brandon soon, and Greta and Anabel are in the not-too-distant future. My team has greatly improved as seen in the Dome and in the Palace. Will that improvement translate into glory?

My Frontier Record (all Single Battle):

Current Streaks:
    Factory 14 wins
    Dome 4 cleans
    Pike 14 rooms
    Tower 14 wins
    Arena 14 wins
    Palace 14 wins
    Pyramid 14 floors

Record Streaks:
    Factory 14 wins
    Dome 4 cleans
    Pike 45 rooms
    Tower 14 wins
    Arena 14 wins
    Palace 14 wins
    Pyramid 14 floors

Silver Symbols: Luck
    Gold Symbols: --

Level 61 Swampert (Fisher) (Soft Sand; Torrent)
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam

Level 61 Gardevoir (Gown) (Magnet; Synchronize)
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Punch
    - Calm Mind

Level 61 Breloom (Funga) (Silk Scarf; Effect Spore)
    - Brick Break
    - Mach Punch
    - Return
    - Leech Seed

Level 61 Shedinja (Skin) (Quick Claw; Wonder Guard)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dig
    - Aerial Ace
    - Return

Level 61 Torkoal (Hearth) (Leftovers; White Smoke)
    - Flamethrower
    - Body Slam
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Level 61 Altaria (Lyre) (Charcoal; Natural Cure)
    - Dragonbreath
    - Fly
    - Fire Blast
    - Safeguard

Reserves:

Level 61 Solrock (Helio) (Hard Stone; Levitate)
    - Rock Slide
    - Solarbeam
    - Fire Blast
    - Calm Mind

Level 61 Tentacruel (Orb) (Mystic Water; Liquid Ooze)
    - Surf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Barrier

Level 61 Ampharos (Hans) (Amulet Coin; Static)
    - ThunderPunch
    - Strength
    - Thunder Wave
    - Light Screen
    Last edited by Venomfrog; 14th November 2009 at 9:59 PM.

Current Progress: Chapter 1 of Version 2

Herptile Haven
    If reptiles and amphibians make you happy, then discuss them here! Group maintained by Psychic Politoed.

As of now my team is Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Absol. I have a Swellow in as a temp, and a Marill and Zigzagoon as slaves. I'm at Groudon, SRing for a shiny. About 1 and a half hours so far.
    Shinies:

Found (Random):

SRing for:

Restarted my Ruby which I've found

My new Starter will be Torchic!

Future team of:

Blaziken/Alteria/Manetric/Crawdraunt or Sharpdeo/Zangoose/Solrock
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

how do I activate latias in Sapphire after I've beat the E4? if I want to softreset for it when/where do I have to save?
        Spoiler:- Eggmove samples; I also do requests:
    ジョシュ (Josh)
    D: 3222 4983 3803
    Pl: 3480 7866 4301
    HG: 2235 6441 3235
    W: 5285 7182 6002

I feel like breeding something in Emerald... Any suggestions?
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

Emerald:
    1) In preparation for my 1-year anniversary on a certain forum that I hang out in, I've decided to give away special Horsea that I was able to get while breeding for that 31 Attack/SpAttack/Speed IV Horsea.

I went to see that Legendary Top Pokemon Breeder who stays in one of the huts in the Battle Frontier. The IV-Nature match-ups were somewhat good.

2) Coincidentally, there's a swarm of Seedot on Route 120. Based on past experience, those Seedots know special moves like Giga Drain, Frustration, Solarbeam, and Leech Seed, and they're available at Lv.25.

I've decided to catch as many Seedot as I can. You may never know when you might need to pass down moves while breeding.

3) After I've caught enough Seedots, I'll be bringing my Linoone Scavenger Squad with me to Meteor Falls and collect Dragon Scales.

So I built up some good Water and Ground Pokémon, and I've beaten Flannery. Now, however, the challenge is building up some Fighting Pokémon to beat Norman. I have Hariyama and Breloom, but their levels are too low right now, so that's going to take a while. I might have to train my Machop up into a Machoke too, just to be on the safe side.

In fact, I think that's going to be my new strategy from now on when it comes to gym leaders - to have three Pokémon on my team that can exhibit a type advantage over them. I have a tendency to capture Pokémon and then let them sit in the PC until after I've beaten the Elite Four, and then I take them out and train them after I don't really need them anymore, but lately I've been trying to reverse that trend and train my Pokémon more equally. This'd be a good opportunity to do that.

So I figure I'll need Hariyama, Breloom, and Machoke for Norman. Then I'll go to New Mauville, and I'll have Manectric, Magneton, and Electrode for Winona. Tate and Liza have a couple of weaknesses, but the main theme is Psychic, which is weak against Dark, so I figure Mightyena, Shiftry, and Crawdaunt would be ideal there. And for Wallace, any Grass or Electric type will do just fine - by then, I'll probably have stuff like Tropius and Vileplume and Raichu that I can put to good use. Sweet, I've got my training plans all laid out for the rest of the game!

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Let's see, since my last post, Nyx evolved into Mightyena. She's so gorgeous and amazing, and she's certainly making Mightyena become one of my favorites. :D My team and I sailed on to the beach right before Slateport, but we haven't entered the city just yet. I'm debating whether to go back to Granite Cave and capture an Aron. I really like Lairon, so I'd love to add that Pokemon to my team. :) We'll see. So for now we're just relaxing and chilling out before we make our way through Slateport.

Last thing that happened, I managed to beat the Pike Queen.
    Emerald Team
    Gardrvoir - Sceptile - Camerupt - Tropius - Aggron - Wailord
    FireRed Team
    Charizard - Parasect - Pidgeot - Nidoqueen - Vaporeon - Hitmonlee
    HeartGold Team
    Scizor - Noctowl - Ursaring - Rhyperior - Vaporeon - Typhlosion
    White Team
    Gigigear - Wargle - Hihidaruma - Hiyakki - Doryuzuu - Jaroda

Defeated Norman. It was a lot easier than it has been in the past, and I'm glad I came up with a strategy (have Breloom paralyze Vigoroth so it can't attack first, then have Hariyama Knock Off Slaking's Sitrus Berry so it can't heal itself).

Now I have to train Electrike, Magnemite, and Voltorb to face Winona. And after scaling Routes 118 and 119 and getting absolutely nowhere (lots of Linoone around there that always lead with Mud Sport), I had a painfully obvious revalation - I have Surf now, so why not go back to the water routes between Dewford and the mainland and knock out some Water Pokémon? Dur-hey!

I also realized recently that I'll need a fourth Pokémon for Winona. Her Altaria is part-Dragon and it knows Earthquake, and that'll stop my Electric Pokémon in their tracks. Dragons can't stand Ice, but there's no decent Ice Pokémon I can get yet. However, I can use the Castform from the Weather Institute and lead with Hail, then bombard it with an Ice-type Weather Ball. I think it'll be the first time I've ever used Castform for anything. That little puffball is more useful than I thought!

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Default Recent Happenings in My Emerald

I restarted my Emerald. I chose the female character and named myself Summer again. This time I picked Torchic as my starter. It is male and it has Hardy nature. After beating the trainers in Route 102, I arrived at Petalburg City. I caught a male Serious Marill and a female Lax Taillow and put them in my party.

Current team:
    Lv.10 Torchic
    Lv.4 Marill
    Lv.4 Taillow
    Last edited by leilukin; 21st November 2009 at 5:07 AM.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Started my Sapphire Scramble Challenge tonight

-I chose the female character again, this and Crystal are the only ones I've ever played as a female, so why not? Named her Saphire.
    -Chose my Treecko, named it Dave. After the MSPA character because they're both just soooo coooool
    -Handily beat the Poochyena
    -Blah blah blah Oledale
    -RIVAL BATTLE~ was super easy, leer pound pound potion pound pound
    -Wooo pokedex and pokeballs
    -Running Shoes GET!
    -I caught a Wurmple since...well why not? I also got me a Zigzagzoon for pick up purposes. Always a nice team filler.
    -I got to Petalburg and called it a night.

I'm debating trading over a Horsea egg from LG.

So I've restarted Ruby for a mono-ground.

My Graveler, Marshtomp, and Numel are overleveled at 25. I'm saving the trainers for my near additions of Baltoy and Trapinch.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

-Defeated the Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Forest.
    -Arrived at Rustboro City. The music of the city has always been my favourite.
    -Obtained HM01 - Cut.
    -Challenged Rustboro Gym. It took me two tries to defeat Roxanne because of her Nosepass. Eventually, obtained the first badge.
    -Defeated the Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel.
    -Obtained PokeNav.
    -Defeated Brendan.
    -Travelled to Dewford Town.
    -My Torchic evolved into Combusken.
    -Challenged Dewford Gym, my Taillow's Wing Attack KO'd Brawly's Machop and Meditite, but got KO'd by his Makuhita's Vital Throw. I sent out Combusken. Luckily, after my Combusken used Ember, Brawly's Makuhita got burned. After that, Ember got a critical hit and KO'd Makuhita. Finally, obtained the second badge.
    -Passed the letter to Steven in Granite Cave. Received TM47 - Steel Wing from him.
    -Travelled to Slateport City and saved.

Current team:
    Lv.18 Combusken
    Lv.15 Marill
    Lv.17 Taillow
    Lv.4 Zigzagoon(HM slave)

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Today: Shock

-Talked to Norman, and escorted Wally to the route so he could get his Ralts (why does Norman's level 7 Zigzagoon only have Tackle?)
    -I made my way towards the Petalburg woods, attempting to bypass the trainers, but still had to fight the Rich Boy. I find it amusing that he used a Full Restore. Fitting, but amusing.
    -I searched a bit for Slakoth, and I got one! Named it Megalo. I also caught a Silcoon just because.
    -Right then I got this thing...but alas, I lack a TM/HM move. Time to do the ol' bait and switch.
    -By which I really mean sneaking by all of the trainers so I can get to Rustboro and get Cut.
    -Ok wait gotta fight this Aqua duder
    -MISSION ACCOMPLISHED lets go beat dudes up
    -Got the Wailmer Pail and Bullet Seed. OH MAN TIME FOR TYPE COVERAGE ON oh wait Slakoth can't spit seeds : (
    -I was about to go into the gym when I remembered that Skitty is just a route over.
    -After like 20 mintues of searching (and getting a Tailow, Whismer, and Nincada), I finally found a Skitty!
    --A male Skitty. MALE. After making all this fuss in the Scramble thread about how it'd be such a pain to find (2&#37; to find a Skitty period, like a .05% of finding one Male) the very first Skitty I run into is male. Sheesh. I called it Disbelief because seriously.
    -MORE BEATING OF TRAINERS HERE. Skitty is actually pretty cool. Tackle did some nice damage.
    -I taught Dave bullet seed and entered the gym.
    -I switched pokes around to share experience, but it was no problem. Dave's Absorb killed all of those Geodude in one hit.
    -GYM LEADER ROXANNE BATTLE~Was kind of easy, I guess. Three Absorbs forced the potion on Geodude. I decided to tempt fate with Skitty for Nosepass. Since Nosepass is female, I used Attract to immobolize it. From there, it was a simple matter of Growling it down to nothing, with half a dozen Tail Whips as well. When tackle still did next to nothing, Bullet Seed finished it off.
    -Time to save the Devon guy again. Also Peeko! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    -But first a detour for ~fabulous prizes~*
    -OK POOCH YOU GOING DOWN
    -God that was pathetic
    -Blah blah blah eternally thankful blah blah errand girl blah blah MORE ERRANDS
    -Hi Brandon bye Brandon
    -Had Briney take me to Dewford

But the adventure doesn't stop there!
    A CONTINENT EASTWARD IN A LAND OF GREEN NOSTALGIA
    -I take the Moon Stone out of the PC and head to Vermillion's harbor to go...
    -To six island, home of the only findable Dragon Scale found in the 3rd generation. Like hell am I going through the Covetting/Theiving process again. THICK CLUB WAS HELL ENOUGH
    -I realize that Horsea comes way to late and I really want a Water pokemon in a timely manner. So I go catch one to breed and send over...
    -...But I realize that one of Horsea's egg moves is Dragonbreath. But I lack a pokemon with the move to breed. I was tempted to forgo this and try to somehow breed Ice Beam to it, but I can always get that in Sapphire.

BACK IN THE CONTINENT IN THE WEST BUT ON AN ALTERNATE PLANE
    -So I got back to me somewhat empty Emerald. I still don't have a Horsea here, and my Bagon has already been transferred over, so I need to do some prep work first.
    -I head to route 132 and after a few minutes get a Male Horsea.
    -But that won't do, I need a female. I get out my Ditto and breed until I get one.
    -Next I need a Bagon, so it's off to Meteor Falls
    -After getting lost in there for like 20 minutes, I finally strike gold and nab a level 30 male Bagon.
    -Thankfully, I have a number of Rare Candies in my PC, so I level it up 3 levels to get it Dragonbreath
    -I put the horsea & bagon in the breeding center and get my new Horsea egg, which should hopefully have a Dragonbreath Horsea inside

I'll trade that over soon enough.

Taking a break from Ruby to do some work in Emerald. I'm prepping a team to face the Elite Four, and just for shoots and googles, I want to try and take them down with a more powerhouse-y equivalent of Satoshi's Houen team from the anime. So I've got Sceptile, Raichu, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, and Glalie, and they're all between levels 47 and 49 right now. However, only two of them know an HM move (Crawdaunt has Surf and Swellow has Fly), which means I can't take the whole team all the way through Victory Road. I hate turning Pok&#233;mon into HM slaves, since that means I can't use them for anything else, but I'm guessing I'll have to do it to someone in my PC box if I want to get through this thing. Hmm, who can learn Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, and Waterfall? I guess I can use Azumarill for three of them, then teach Flash to somebody else I don't plan to use much.

And now, as usual, here's my prerequisite rambling about what strategy I'm going to use in my next big fight. Sidney's team would be a lot simpler if I had a Fighting Pok&#233;mon (this'll be so much easier when I get Sapphire and start with Torchic), so I'll just have to whale on Mightyena and Absol as best I can while using Torkoal and Sceptile/Raichu to handle Shiftry, Cacturne, and Crawdaunt. Phoebe's Ghosts shouldn't hamper me much, since I have a couple of good Dark moves in my repetoire (Glalie knows Crunch, and that should come in real handy). With Sableye, I'll just launch whatever powerful special attacks I have and hope for the best. Crawdaunt's Surf should do nicely.

Then come the easy ones. Glacia's all Ice and Water; Torkoal and Raichu will own that battle. Glalie should be able to handle everything on Drake's team of Dragons, and Wallace's Water types should all belong to Raichu and Sceptile. Except for that damn Ludicolo...Water and Grass cancel each other out quite nicely, don't they? Ah, a couple of Aerial Aces from Swellow and he won't know what hit him.
    Last edited by Jesse GS the II; 23rd November 2009 at 5:04 AM.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

No badge, merely the sweet smell of PROGRESS

-I got the Old Rod and caught a few Magikarp & Tentacool.
    -After digging out my other GBA and a link cable, I connected to Emerald and transferred over my Horsea egg
    -I then traded over, from LG, a Zubat with Dragon Scale, Geodude with Moon Stone, and an Abra with Brick Break (god bless you, Celadon Dept Store).
    -After putting the Scale & Stone in the PC, I decided to go through the Gym. Disbelief & Megalo could stand a surprising amount, Disbelief even dominating. Yay for setting up. A few levels all around
    -Most importantly, Dave evolved! Fury Cutter is stupid and dumb, though, so I didn't learn it. Pursuit I kept.
    -I was tempted to go fight Brawly...but I figured I was strong enough, so I went into the cave.
    -I fought a few things, caught a Makuhita & Aron, and leveled up a little, but I really wanted my Horsea out and about now before it's "too late".
    -...So back to Rustboro. The path from the top of 115 to the exit of Petaburg Woods makes for a nice makeshift egg hatching road.
    -I go back to Dewford and out pops my lovely Dragonbreath Horsea. Adamant, sadly, but beggars can't be choosers. I called him Dagger.
    -I leveled it up to 10, and also taught Megalo that Brick Break, to deal with Aron & Geodude.
    -I actually did attempt Brawly, but I wasn't quite prepared. Perhaps after a few more levels.

-I tried to catch a Electrike with an ideal nature as I am going to use it in my party. After a few tries, I finally caught a female Modest Electrike, and she has Static ability.
    -Defeated the trainers in Seashore House and obtained half dozen of Soda Pop.

Current team:
    Lv.19 Combusken
    Lv.17 Marill
    Lv.18 Taillow
    Lv.14 Electrike
    Lv.4 Zigzagoon(HM slave)

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Hello and Good day all. Here is the team emerald update from your anchorman diablo_200525

It is a slow but progress was made, not only is the whole team sitting at level 40 , but as well as the team manage to pull a victorious sweep against team Aqua on top of Mt.Pyre.
    They also gained the EXP points from surfing partial routes south or Slateport, east of Dewford and also some trainers on the ship, unfortunately that was not enough, so they went out onto some older routes and re matched quite a few trainers as well as the media, and as expected there was a beauty of a sweep that happened.
    Here is what the General Manager had to say
    "The team has showed some strong effort, and now that they are at level 40, we should have no problem what so ever with any obstacles that may come in the future"
    Right now the team is on route back to the Volcano to flush out team magma and their shenanigans, another possible sweep? Well the GM agrees taht this will be a test for Azumarill and Sceptile.

Team Emerald

Captain : Sceptile (Blade)
    Assistant Captain : Gardevoir
    First Striker : Swellow
    Surfer : Azumarill
    The Wall : Lairon
    Cautious defe se : Vibrava

All of the team members are sitting at level 40, and is expected to reach an average of 43 before even reaching the next gym.

This is diablo_200525 with your team emerald update. and good night

-Beat Aqua at Slateport
    -Got through the routes to Mauville and beat Brendan
    -Beat Trick House Lv1
    -Beat Wally
    -Beat all the trainers on the way to Verdanturf
    -Beat all the trainers on Cycling Road

And yet, I'm under leveled. It's not fun in an electric gym with a team of water Pokemon when all you have is Mud Slap.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

-Training my Electrike in Route 110 until she reached level 16.
    -After talking to Dock in Stern's Shipyard, went to Oceanic Museum. I defeated the two Aqua grunts with my Combusken easily.

Current team:
    Lv.20 Combusken
    Lv.17 Marill
    Lv.18 Taillow
    Lv.14 Electrike
    Lv.4 Zigzagoon(HM slave)

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

since last post here-

-I got groudon (YYEEESSS)

-i got kyogre

- i am now currently hunting for latias and then getting the other legends(don't care since i have them from previous file.)

- tried cloning since i am a curious cat- it worked...wow...didn't expect that
    Hello. Hola. Ohayou. Werte. Kaixo. Moni. Halito. Mono. Aloha. Bonjour. Tjike. Mono. Salute. Guten Tag. Strastweja.
    Hi in another language

If you are reading this post, then welcome to the:

[CENTER]BP'S Sapphire Journey
    [LEFT]Finally. I've been looking forward to replay my Sapphire for years, but I have never found time though. Well, here I am.

- Picked the male player naming him Ben.
    - Started as always at Littleroot and went to search Birch,
    - Defended Birch from the furious Poochyena by using Mudkip from the bag.
    - Birch gifted me with the Pokemon and recommended to visit his daughter May.
    - Got a Potion as a gift from the Pokemart.
    - Battled May at route 103 and her Treecko.
    - I won the battle as we headed back to the Birch's lab.
    - Obtained Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs.
    - Obtained Running Shoes from my mom as I sad goodbye to her.
    - Trained while heading to the Petalburg as that guy finally let me pass.
    - Gathered a few berries after which I have encountered a male Ralts.
    - Battle the Ralts and successfully caught it.
    - Visited my dad at the gym and met Wally.
    - Helped Wally to catch a Ralts himself.
    - Trained Ralts and Mudkip at the beach.
    - Entered the forest and started training.
    - Saved a man from a weird guy who said he had to do something with Team Aqua?
    - Obtained a Great Ball.
    - Saved the game in front of the exit of the Petalburg Forest.

My team so far:

01. Name/Nickname: Mudkip
    Level: 10
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves:
    - Water Gun
    - Mud Slap
    - Growl
    - Tackle

02. Name/Nickname: Ralts
    Level: 8