Page 62 of 143 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3574

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Default -Nov. 5th, So It Begins... ... ... ellipses ... ...

I listen to a lot of music, so I'll share what I'm listening to for each entry.
    [Today's Tunes provided by:
    Last.fm- Caspa Radio. mmm, dirty, dirty dubstep.
    Last.fm- The Chariot Radio. mmm, chaotic hardcore
    Last.fm- Levi the Poet Radio]

WHY AM I IN THE BACK OF A MOVING TRUCK. Oh, my mom is just a horrible parent, ok. Way to set the tone, mother dearest. And what, a Japanese story line with an aloof father? Unheard of. No, he's just a gym leader, acceptable.
    I like May's class, orange Gamecube. Sweet. Also, mental note. She might be the clingy type.
    ... Seriously, Prof. Birch? You, sir, are a punk... c'mon, how threatening is a Zigzagoon?

Let's be serious for second and talk about the new starters.
    I have a theory, that its easier to find a good fire pokemon than a quality water type. Unfounded? Possibly. But that's what I stick to. As a rule of thumb, I've always like the water starter more than the others. So, I CHOOSE YOU, MUDKIP! (I liek mudkips)

All that aside, the grass type actually looks cool. Maybe if I beat this game and want to playthrough again, I'll pick it. (But I won't. Grass types are the plague. I've never used one. Ever.) And the Torchic, sure, maybe I could have, but I didn't. Meh. Not very insightful analysis, but I'm only going by what info they give me at the time and what I know about to two previous series of starters. Cut me some slack, jeez.

When I catch a pokemon I plan on using, I list the stats, the complete stats.
    You guys are all sharp, I won't explain too much on what I'm doing unless someone asks.
    Ok, so meh Mudkip-
    "LiekEricsn" (... you know, like Lief Ericson... but with a K instead... its funny, you know it.) lvl 5 Male
    Sassy 20 hp/12/10/10/12/8
    Tackle
    Growl
    (Its a really diverse movepool, I know. Gettin em at all angles.)

Hehe, May, I like you. You're a dummydumdum. Leer four. FOUR. times in a row? Yeah, this is gonna be easy. ooh, and Mud Slap for Mudkip? I'm going to use that, for sure. Good choice, Justin! You sure know how to pick pokemanz! You're the greatest! *pat on the back*

:3 May gave me her PokeBalls... I'm 21, yes, why do you ask?
    Now, let's see what early pokemon they got for me.

Wait, what? Poochyena? A Dark type, this early? Don't mind if I do!
    Rage Rebel lvl 3 Male
    Run Away
    Relaxed (Lol, I named it before I knew the nature.)
    15 9/7/7/7/6
    Tackle... yep.

I really liked Butterfree, so we'll see how Wurmple turns out. I expect to ditch it at some point.
    Dat Rump lvl 4 Female
    Shield Dust
    Relaxed 17 9/8/6/8/6 ;__; my team is so slooooooow
    Tackle
    String Shot

...what the hell is a Lotad?...caught... ok, Water/Grass, with a Ghost type move? Meh, already got a water type, I'll pass.

Ralts, I have no idea what you are, but you are rare for this route (about 40 encounters, this is the first one for a Ralts), so I'm gonna catch you.
    Sweet, early Psychic type. You can sense emotions, eh? I shall dub you:
    Jasper lvl 4 Male
    Trace
    Bashful 17 7/7/9/8/9
    ...wait what?
    Growl? that's all you do... This better be worth it :/

Found a Seedot. It must be more rare than Ralts. I've only seen one. Tried to catch it, but damn Rage Rebel crit killed it. Thanks buddy.

So, haven't found anything else yet I would use, so training up for the first gym to get everyone to level 9/10.
    Alright, here goes the first gym:

What a twist. Did Mr. Shyamalan write the story for this game? It's my father! oops, well, one second, have to help this noob Wally.
    Oh wow, this is embarrassing. I wasn't supposed to battle him yet.
    Well, I'm gonna stop here then.
    Here's the team:

Mudkip
    LiekEricsn lvl 10 Male
    Sassy 31 19/16/15/18/11
    Water Gun
    Mud Slap
    Tackle
    Growl

Poochyena
    Rage Rebel lvl 9 Male
    Run Away
    Relaxed 26 17/12/12/12/10
    Tackle
    Howl
    Sand Attack

Dustox (It evolved. woot.)
    Dat Rump lvl 10 Female
    Shield Dust
    Relaxed 33 17/23/15/25/17
    Confusion
    Poison Sting
    Tackle
    String Shot

Ralts
    Jasper lvl 8 Male
    Trace
    Bashful 25 10/10/14/11/13
    Confusion
    Growl

Not bad, not bad. Pretty excited for this game. I'm liking the early game balance of pokemon types so far. We'll see how it goes.
    idk when the next time I get to play will be.
    I'm off to work on my poetry project. If that interests anyone, let me know and I post a link. (I hate pimping my work out, you know?)

I took a break from getting the Gold Symbols from the Hoenn Battle Frontier and Pokemon Contests to focus once again on my National Dex. I was missing Roselia and Surskit so I went ahead and captured some random Pokemon and linked up with my Sapphire version to trade for those two Pokemon. I then linked with Ruby to trade a few more Pokemon like Mawile, Solrock, and Seedot since I was missing those on Emerald. I deposited Roselia and Seedot at the Day Care Center and then proceeded to go back to the Battle Frontier to capture myself a Smeargle that I needed for the Dex as well. I had to navigate through Artisan's Cave and finally found one at a decent level and captured it with some help from my Scyther's False Swipe. Got that and then went to the Battle Arena for the challenge, but saved first since I have some prep to do.

Read a few days ago that I could get Spore and False Swipe on another Pokémon other than Smergle. Both Paras Line and Shroomish lines can do it.. First I needed a Pokémon with False Swipe, Nincada fits the bill. So I went hunting for Nincada in Emerald. At same time, I hunted for a female Paras on Red. (I also have a plan for Nincada in Diamond, so two Pokémon, one Pokéball type of thing)

Now I'm Zooming up and down the Route with the Day care on it. Hoping the next Paras that hatches has False Swipe...
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

So I took a break yesterday but resumed playing my Emerald version this morning to finish up the Battle Arena challenge. I'm after it's Gold Guts Symbol so I entered with Raichu, Dragonite, and Starmie once again. I got to the first and second rounds and managed to win there pretty easily, usually before the verdict was given. I ran into trouble in at the start of the third round though as I was fighting a tough Blissey but thankfully, I got lucky and scored a direct Dragon Claw thanks to Dragonite, and won that battle. I made it to the fourth round after a while, and almost got knocked out by my opponent's Metagross which was scary. Thankfully, I managed to win thanks to the verdict being in my favor. I saved after that though, since I wanted to do some other stuff in preparation for the upcoming battles.

I just started playing pokemon ruby since I'm getting prepared form my borther getting me opemon emerald for my birthday. My old one was stolen

-I started training a gyarados and flygon for the battle tower. My third pokemon will be metagross.
    -My gyarados is amazing, even though it didnt get a lot of EV's
    -I'm trying to get trainers to battle by going into the route, but its not working
    -I'm also deciding what items to use on my pokemon for the battle tower.
    -I remembered when I loaded it that I have a level 86 pelliper
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

I just received a genuine copy of Pokemon Ruby in the mail today - the save file doesn't even have one badge, yet I have a "living Pokedex" in the pc - all level 100, shiny, with (apparently) perfect IVs but no EVs at all. Wow. (Yeah, obviously hacked!)

Edit: I'll play through the game when I finish exams, and will migrate some of the Pokemon for breeding later on...
    Last edited by DarthVader; 8th November 2010 at 10:36 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

After the battles I fought at the Battle Arena at the Hoenn Battle Frontier had concluded, I decided to go and change the moves my Pokemon knew. I went to Lilycove City and talked to the move deleter. I had Raichu forget Thunder and learn Thunderbolt instead since it has better accuracy and Thunder was starting to bug me due to a lack of accuracy. After I took care of the move issue, I went along to Slateport City to buy some vitamin items like Carbos and Iron for my other Pokemon that needed to be trained. I went to the Day Care Center and left my Metang and Sealeo there to gain some experience. I plan on using them later at the Battle Frontier so I needed them to get stronger and evolve. I then flew back to the Battle Frontier and prepared to fight at the Battle Arena once more.

I like to use Smeargle and when it learns SKETCH, I battle against my other game so I can let it learn the moves that I want like Earthquake and Flamethrower. Then it is a good pokemon against almost all types.
    Zeffrus got 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrus View Post
    I like to use Smeargle and when it learns SKETCH, I battle against my other game so I can let it learn the moves that I want like Earthquake and Flamethrower. Then it is a good pokemon against almost all types.
    It's my impression that Smeargle only keeps the moves if Sketch is used in an ingame Battle, not a Link battle. You can target your Partner in double battles. There are a few Double battles that you can challenge. But then I've not used any more than a few moments.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I finally got around to finishing up the Battle Arena challenge at the Battle Frontier this morning. After battling and surviving through 55 rounds at the Battle Arena, I finally got to make it's Frontier Brain, Greta, appear for our battle. I had my team consisting of Dragonite, Raichu, and Starmie ready to go and the battle started. Greta sent out her Umbreon and that was the Pokemon I had been regretting from the start. I had to carefully weaken it by using Dragon Claw while it was Paralyzed due to Thunder Wave. I wasn't able to defeat it right away but the virdict from the Mind/Skill/Body judging proved to be in my favor and I won. I had an easier time fighting Gengar with Starmie's Psychic and then Breloom with Dragonite's Fire Blast and after a few turns, I managed to beat Greta. I got the Gold Guts Symbol at last and then some nice BP after that when I stepped outside. Now all I need are the Gold Ability and Gold Spirits Symbols! I quickly saved to give myself a break before the next set of battles.

My little brother was kind enough to give me his Sapphire so I could play it for the first time. =>

Instead of choosing Treecko like I usually do, I chose a Mudkip since that's the Hoenn starter I use the least. I leveled him up to level 10 before I challenged my Rival, so I was able to beat him pretty easily. After all that was done, I went out and caught a Zigzagoon and Poochyena that both went into my PC since I caught them for Pokedex reasons. I caught a female Wurmple and leveled it up to level 10 too, so now I have a Dustox. I've spent most of my time in Route 102 so far, I captured a Lotad and Wingull to put in the PC. After searching for awhile, I encountered a Surskit which I'm using on my team now in addition to a Ralts. Now I'm in Route 104 trying to find a Taillow to add to my team.

I started my Sapphire over again.
    But the internal battery for daily events has sadly died.
    My name is Natsu.

Started with Torchic and named it Igneel, later renamed it Latso.
    Caught a Wingull and named it Mirajane.
    Caught a Shroomish for my third member and named it Dana.
    Beat Roxanne without much trouble.
    Beat Brawly easily with my Wingull.
    Sometime my Torchic had evolved into Combusken.
    Beat Wattson with my Combusken mostly.
    Shortly after my Shroomish and Wingull evolved into Breloom and Pelipper.
    Beat Team Aqua.
    Beat Flannery easily with Pelipper.
    Caught a Shiny Trapinch in the desert and named it Lucy.
    Now currently training for Norman.
    POKEMON Y
    IGN Name: Tetsuya
    Pokedex: 602 Seen | 522 Caught

My Current Favorite Y Obtained Shinies

Yaoi | Kurogane | Syaoran | Nanase | Aomine | Dan

Latest Shiny: Floatzel

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

After I dealt with Greta from the Battle Arena, I decided to take a break and do some Pokemon hunting in order to fill up my National Dex a bit more. So far, I've only captured about 100 Pokemon, so I went to the Safari Zone to see if I could find some Pokemon like Heracross and Pinsir. I searched around but only found common Pokemon like Natu, Gloom, and Pikachu. I captured a Pikachu anyway and then just sort of ran around until my time was up. I then re-entered later in the afternoon and found a Wobbuffet so I captured that with a little luck since I hadn't captured one beforehand. I also found a Rhyhorn right before my time ran out, so I captured that as well. I left and deposited Rhyhorn at the DCC so it would gain experience and evolve. I then added Metang to my team and headed to Victory Road to train. Saved.

since getting my new ds i started sring to get a shiny rayquaza. i haven't even beat the elite four yet. dunno if he'll ever be shiny since i tritried to run away and rebattle him before and i guess i must have save it since his pic is in my pokedex. but im keeping at it since i really dunno and i dont want to restart my game without knowing.

I found a Hasty natured Whiscash in my box and decided to have a go at the Cute contest. So:

Whiscash@Pink Scarf
    Snore
    Water Sport
    Water Gun
    Rest

This turned out to be very easy. I won every rank in one attempt and got Whiscash's painting into the museum as well. I now am only one painting (Tough contest) away from having a gold trainer card.
    Last edited by swampert55; 23rd November 2010 at 10:03 PM.

I'm on Ruby now, training my newly-caught Manectric on Rt 110. I called her "Apple" after the first Manectric I ever caught on Sapphire on my first every Pokemon play through.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

I got bored of my Sapphire so I switched to my Emerald. xD

Recently, I arrived in Mossdeep City after the incidents with the Magma and Aqua hideouts. I haven't entered the Gym or anything yet since I need to level up my Pokemon alittle first. Once I got the Super Rod, I went and caught a female Lv. 38 Wailmer and a male Lv. 30 Sharpedo I nicknamed Bruce after the shark from Finding Nemo lol. I decided to stick with Wailmer rather than Sharpedo since I use it all the time during my runthroughs of R/S/E. I evolved my Wailmer into Wailord, then went into Shoal Cave to catch a Spheal. Now I'm just using the Super Rod and battling wild Wailmer/Sharpedo to level up my team. OH, and I also won the Normal Rank Cute and Cool Pokemon Contests. =] My Skitty (KitKat) won Cute and my Swellow won Cool.

Emerald team:
    -Blaziken Lv. 39
    -Swellow Lv. 39
    -Aggron (Brawl) Lv. 42
    -Manectric Lv. 40
    -Seviper Lv. 40
    -Wailord Lv. 40

I spent the last few days training my level 35 Metang at Victory Road. I finally got it to evolve into Metagross this morning and I've been training it in several locations ever since. I also took Rhyhorn out of the DayCare Center and trained it until it evolved into a Rhydon. I then went to the Sky Pillar and trained there for a while and as I was training, I found a wild Claydol that I captured for the Pokedex. I trained until I got both Metagross and Rhydon to level 60 and then I went back to the Battle Frontier. I entered the Battle Tower and deposited those two in favor for Dragonite and Suicune. I decided to use those two and Raichu in the Battle Tower challenge. I went in and fought 7 trainers and then went in once more and battled 7 more. I had trouble with the last few trainers due to Poison status and Burn status, but I'm getting closer to fighting Anabel again. Saved.

I just beat Norman on Ruby and BOY was it hard!Even with Pokemon that had an advantage against his he was still a tough battle.I ended up with my Combusken having a single hit point,and it was the last member of my team that Norman didn't pwn.I had one super potion left,and no revives.I'm just glad his Slaking was using Focus Energy-if he had attacked,I would've been done for
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

Ok, I dunno if I should restart my game. I really love my game but I'm done with everything.

Here are my fantastic team members

Swamper; Level 92
    Pikachu; Level 96
    Latias; Level 78
    Kyorge; Level 87

^ my best pokemon!! & I have collected 189 pokemon!! So yeah, should I restart the whole game?

well you could send your pokemon to diamon/pearl/platinum/heartgold/soulsilver if you have any of those games because it would be a waste to lose those =)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I have decided to restart my Sapphire game, for reasons I do not currently understand. However, to prevent the boring routine that almost always winds up with me restarting, I have decided to give myself... A team full of Eevees.

I haven't really done much at all, but I have managed to trade over my team, which consists of...

Spoiler:- Team:

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

I continued to challenge the Battle Tower at the Hoenn Battle Frontier. I suffered a set back during the second challenge and I had to start over from the beginning, which was so upsetting I nearly quit the whole thing. Anyway, I sucked it up and battled all day yesterday and I had a few more problems but I managed to finally encounter Salon Maiden Anabel for the Gold Ability Symbol battle. She sent out her Raikou first and I sent out my Golem. I trained this Golem especially to counter Electric-types. I had it use Earthquake once and Raikou fainted since it was a critical hit! She then sent out Snorlax and it used Curse a few times and I had trouble taking it down. I had Golem use Explosion which damaged Snorlax, then I sent Starmie to use a few Ice Beams. Snorlax fainted after a short struggle, and Anabel used Latios. It used Calm Mind but I had Starmie use a few more Ice Beams and it also fainted. I beat Anabel again and got the Gold Ability Symbol. All I need next is Spenser's Gold Spirits Symbol. Saved.

Unsuprisingly, my team of Eeves did not start out very well at all. Most battles took much longer then they should of, and I had to really on bosted experience to get anywhere. I only managed to beat Roxxane because I used the help of a Wingull, and I got lucky and managed to use Sand Attack six times in a row without Nosepass attacking. Suprisingly enough, no Eevees have fainted yet.

Spoiler:- Team:
    Last edited by surfer treecko; 7th December 2010 at 7:25 AM.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

Just training in the desert for Norman's gym.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

Page 62 of 143 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast