Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3623

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I got to Fortree, got the hidden power tm, got the devon scope, beat the trainers in the gym, and got my team to lv 33. Now I'm going to battle Winona.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Got all the badges! Opened the Regi caves. It's been going smoothly.

Current team:
    Blaziken lvl 51
    Solrock lvl 51
    Tropius lvl 50
    Lanturn lvl 52
    Linoone lvl 20 (HM Slave)

I beat the trainers in between Fortree and Lilycove, Trapinch evolved, beat the trainers on route 123 and got the items there, and beat all of the trainers in Mt pyre.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

It is time to finally start this Emerald adventure (despite the fact that FireRed isn't completely done) but I think it's far enough to begin! First time on this thread!

So, our new hero Raymond is being moved to the town of Littleroot, faraway on the Hoenn region. But because no one likes him, he's sent to be left in the towaway truck. Even his mom hates his guts to forget about him. At least he gets his own room with a clock, GameCube, TV, and PC. Everyone still hates him though, even though his dad's a gym leader.

Raymond tries to introduce himself next door, and found a random PokeBall on the floor, but because the neighbor, May, hates him, he doesn't get to know what it is. So then he goes outside and somehow is sent to help Prof. Birch from a wild Zigzagoon. He then picks up a PokeBall, containing a Mudkip that destroys the racoon beast of zig zags. Wa-hey. Raymond then gets to keep it, and names it Axol because it sounds cool and its based off of an axlfish or something similar. He is then given the option to fight May, but despite how many times he says no, he has to do it because everyone hates him.

So a Route, advertisement for a potion, a level up and a bunch of grass later, Raymond encounters May, who has "a lot more experience than him," yet only has one Pokemon. Well Raymond is equipped to battle...
    Ms. Marble Might of Mixed Mannerisms and Might
    MAY
    V.S.
    Battle of the century right here as BOTH Pokemon get critical hits at some point during the battle. It's surely a Tackle/Scratch fest with Axol the Mudkip barely surviving and winning the fight!

So after the fight the two go back to Prof. Birch back at Littleroot and receive PokeDexes and PokeBalls. Well, at least Raymond. Then he is left to do whatever he chooses right after he receives the almighty Running Shoes!

Randomly Personal Fact of the Post: The 3rd generation is the first Pokemon generation I've ever played, and Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I've ever completed.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Searching for a Horsea to eventually evolve into a Kingdra for my Colosseum team. It's not going so well though...

Well, my new playthrough begins, with the Coast team. In only a handful of soft resets I got a Relaxed Mudkip with decent IVs, and made it to Petalburg with no real difficulty. He'll be my only Pokemon until I reach Dewford.

Continuing training everyone to lv 40 before battling Tate and Liza.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Roxanne was despatched with ease. May in Petalburg, on the other hand, took me out twice: her Treecko presents a problem when my only Pokemon is a Marshstomp. Third time was lucky and I was on to Dewford. I caught five Geodudes in Granite Cave, the Impish one made my team and I started training it up. Brawly was little more trouble than Roxanne, and I went on to Slateport.

The Battle Tent was a fun diversion, I grabbed a team of Kadabra (with Reflect and Recover), Machoke, and Beautifly, and won a trio of interesting battles for my Full Heal.

After Slateport, I ran into a couple of problems. My trick house exploration was stopped cold by my lack of any Cut user, so I've got some backtracking to do. Then May and her Grovyle pwned me on Route 110.

Currently Cornwall the Geodude is at level 22, and Norfolk the Marshstomp at level 24.

I got almost everyone to lv 40. I just have to get torkoal and zangoose to lv 40 now.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Raymond headed to Petalburg- no, not the town in Paper Mario TTYD, the Pokemon one. He first laughed at a guy sketching his own footprints, then fought some good ol' fashion Youngsters and Bug Catchers. And a Lass as a side. The trainer also caught a bunch of Pokemon, but none of them were what he was looking for.

So when he was at Petalburg, a persistent guy nearly forced him to enter the gym before moving on, and wa-hey! It's Raymond's dad, Norman. After a quick talk, a guy named Wally waltzes in and wishes for a whiplashing Pokemon. And Raymond's forced to show him how to catch a Ralts. After that, he leaves, and the protagonist runs into a fat guy, but not any generic fat guy who is blown away by technology, a fat guy with sunglasses and a Hawaii shirt. Does Hawaii even exist in the Pokemon world? He just leaves.

One route of fights and a capture of a Marill later, Raymond and Axol end up in Petalburg Forest, where a guy with six or so Wurmple sits. They also encountered a guy looking for Shroomish, and then a weird pirate guy who lost to the hero.

After talking to a guy who liked eating seeds and spitting them out fast, and some creepy twins in a double battle, then they were at Rustboro, and the protagonist checked out the Trainers School to grab a Quick Claw before entering the first Gym, containing...

Terra Typed Teaching Tutor
    ROXANNE
    V.S.

Water Gun, Water Gun, Water Gun, Water Gun, Water Gun. That was basically the whole fight in a nutshell. Sure, Roxanne healed a few times, but nothing else worthwhile happened. Anyhow, a badge was earned and a Rock Tomb TM was given.

What? Axol is evolving! Congratulations! Your Axol evolved into Marshtomp, and learned Mud Shot!

Randomly Personal Fact of the Post: I never knew you could go into the house behind the gym until after I beat the game as a child.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Backtracked to Dewford and snagged an Aron in Granite Cave to use Cut. A sidenote is that unlike how I usually play the games, this time I'm not capturing every new species of Pokemon I come across. I have enough between my various games already! More backtracking took me through the forest and to north of Rustborough, where there was stuff to get with Cut. Went around speaking to Trainers I hadn't seen since I got my PokeNav, so I could register them.

Back on the beaten track out of Slateport, I completed the Trick House, then with the few extra levels under my belt I managed to defeat May, Norfolk's Bide succeeding in eliminating her ever-problematic starter.

Wattson was trivially despatched by my pair of over-levelled ground types, and not long after Cornwall evolved to Graveler. My foray into Verdanturf's Battle Tent did not go well, Cornwall taking out a Swellow and a Zigzagoon all by himself, but what should have been his timely Selfdestruct the enemy Linoone survived and Rested off! Norfolk couldn' get rid of the Linoone either, what with its Rest, Protect, Tickle, and Headbutt, and when I ended up down to my level 4 flashing Ralts it was time to forfeit.

Now I'm on the road north, Magma's grunts having blocked off the cable car to Lavaridge.

I beat Wallace and now am beating the rest of the swimmers in between dewford and petalburg.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After stepping foot out of the gym, a pirate guy- no, not Phantom, a Team Aqua Grunt, ran off with some Devon Goons. The guy Raymond helped earlier was chasing him, so the hero decided to go and help.

On to the next route, Raymond encountered an old man. He was whining about losing some Pokemon named Peeko. "Wroooooaaaar! Peeko!" ... Who the heck yells "Wrooooooaaaaar!" these days? It must be an old people thing, or its a popular Hoenn scream. Anyway, the team stepped into the Rusturf Cave, caught a Whismur, and found a lone Aqua Grunt with Goods and Peeko the Wingull. He was beaten up, and the goods and Peeko were returned.

Raymond went back to the city and the guy who lost the goods praised him and offered to take him to see his boss, Mr. Stone. As an amazing reward, he received the all-fabled PokeNav, which had a bunch of stuff and features. But why no mp3 player?! As he left to leave in shame, a random Scientist geek dude quickly modified the PokeNav to have Match Call aka. Cell Phone aka. Annoying the Heck Out of You features. Well that's just dandy!

Okay, I pretty much started over Diamond, I just got my Chimchar right now, but I am calling him Killer. Just left Twinleaf town, so I am on my way to start a new journey.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Before following the old man Mr. Briney, he caught a Zigzagoon, and went to the city's local Cut Master to teach it Cut. He then went back to find items and fight the trainers that use Cut to find. So then he continued on his merry way to the Briney's cabin, and was offered a boat trip to Dewford Town. Raymond took it, but on the way his dad randomly called him to get his number.

Once on Dewford, Raymond told a Fisherman he had the itch to fish and got an Old Rod. It was very old. He then gazed upon a Silk Scarf and somehow was able to swipe it. He also heard about something trendy, except wasn't going to do about it yet, for he had a gym to win!

The gym was pitch black, so many concussions were made. The fights were tough with only Axol, but at the end, Raymond attacked...

Surfing Sea Sharp Sir
    BRAWLY
    V.S.

This dude is honestly pretty tough, since there are few good ways to take him on. The Machop did quite a bit of damage, but a few Water Guns defeated it. Meditite did absolutely nothing. Makuhita was the real trouble, as it took quite a few potions and luck with critical hits to destroy it, but after tons of time, the badge was Raymonds.

Now with the ability of Pokemon to obey for up to Lv. 30, Raymond could now use some new traded Pokemon: Tentalice the Female Seedot and Heatoise the Male Torkoal. Isn't it annoying that Seedot are so rare in this game?

Random Fact of the Post: First time I played the game I skipped the fact that I needed to go to the next city, and was stuck until I noticed I could choose somewhere to back to other than Petalburg.

I'm getting everyone to lv 50 before batling the elite 4. I realised I forgot to go to meteor falls and get the dragon claw tm >.>

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Been to whatever the northernmost town is called, met Cosmo at Meteor falls, looped back round through the Rusturf Tunnel and up the cable car to Lavaridge Town. Kicked some Team Magma butt, though Maxie put up a good fight. Then south to beat Flannery.

After beating Flannery, May gave me the Go-goggles. Now I've got a female Sandshrew and a...wait...d'oh! I've been busy training a Nincada to breed with my Sandshrew so I get a baby Sandshrew with Swords Dance - training a female Nincada.

Back to catch a new Nincada I go. Only wasted four levels on the female fortunately.

Secretly, another Pokemon was traded, but it won't be used yet- it'll just be used to catch the next Pokemon for the team in the nearby Granite Cave. The Pokemon was taught Taunt, so it Taunted the Abra in the cave to not attack so a PokeBall could be thrown... The Pokemon caught was an Abra named GoldNSpoon, after the ice cream place. At the time though, Raymond forgot to look specifically for a Synchronize one- his had Inner Focus. And this game is full to the brim of status inflicters. Ah well. Inside the cave, a weird man named Steven was met, and he gave the protagonist the TM for Steel Wing.

"What do you people do if they need to go to a washroom? What if my rod hooks a big one while I'm in the washroom? I just can't go..." -Fisherman Ned

One of the best lines in the game, at least for myself. Just seems funny to me in the way it's delivered and the trainer encounter music. Anyhow, now Raymond can travel to Slateport City! Before that, he headed to somewhere hot to trot, or cool cat not, at a girl's papa's spot to grab a bunch of free soda for beating everyone there! He also got some sand from some Tubers with their inna tubes.

At the port, there was a museum that was full of nerds wishing they brought their Game Boy Advance in line. After a bit of wandering and talking to a useless guy named Dock, he could enter to find Captain Stern, but some Aqua Goons came out of nowhere and attacked. Raymond fought them out with GoldNSpoon (he knew Shock Wave via traded TM), and the big boss of it came out of nowhere, threatened Raymond, and scolded his grunts and left. Then the parts were delivered to Stern, which was the whole reason of coming there to the first place.

Random Fact of the Post: Never knew that you could get free soda by beating everyone there- I just overlooked it.

I did more training with half of my team today. My Absol, Milotic, and Electabuzz defeated a whole slew of trainers and they all grew to level 45. Now, I'm working on getting my other three Pokemon to that level.

Also, I entered Milotic in the Super Rank Beauty contest. Its moveset isn't that great for contests, but it still managed to win.

"What? Tentalice and GoldNSpoon are evolving simutaneously? Congratulations! Your Tentalice and GoldNSpoon evolved into Nuzleaf and Kadabra!"

Woah! What the heck is Prof. Birch doing wandering around the region? Well, he apparently wanted Raymond's Match Call number, and then, being an invincible NPC, walked straight through the line of sight of trainers that the protagonist had to fight. Then he ran into an odd house.

... You're being watched..... *sparkle under the table* Raymond's a bit freaked out, but he knows he's got a mud skipper fish, a nut, a fire turtle, and a psychic thing to back him up. He examines it, and it turns out there's a man under the table!

Behold! It is the Trick Master! Raymond unintentionally challenged the Trick House, and the master crazily teleported away. The hero had to follow him through the scroll of destiny to a maze of trees! For some reason a bunch of kids are trapped in here, and some accidently got trapped for some reason... The super secret scroll of destiny had to be found, featuring the super secret saying of respecting the Trick Master to a blank door. The Trick Master is simply fab-u-lous... The door opens when the words are written on it for some reason...

Behold! The Trick Master is surprised that the trainer made it through. He gave Raymond a Rare Candy, but told us to scrub that smug smirk off of his face, because it's too early to think he's won. He'll make more tricks, and we can only mock him when we're done. Apparently he has to come back for the next exciting installment! The Trick Master did an ultimate teleport to the land beyond and dissapeared into meditation.

After getting through the Trick House, Raymond runs into May, who out of nowhere fights.

V.S.

For someone who apparently "had more experience than us" she only has three Pokemon... Axol fought Wingull and Tackled, but got Supersoniced. After a Growl and hitting himself in confusion, Axol was switched to GoldNSpoon to take a Water Gun and Shock Wave seagull to smithereens. Heatoise went against Grovyle. Two Pursuits and two Embers later, Axol was against Slugma. One Mud Shot OHKO'd it, giving Raymond the win.

May decided to give the hero an Itemfinder, and then cycled off to who knows where.

Random Fact of the Post: The rival battle here got me stuck for a long time in my first game in Sapphire, since I only used my starter, Grovyle, and Combusken always gave me trouble. So I ended up catching three Wingull to destroy it, and I released them afterwards, since I didn't know what Release actually did.

OK, I just epic failed. I finally got my Ninjask up to level 25, put it in the Daycare with Sandshrew - and Ninjask and Sandshrew can't breed.

I just feel like abandoning the run now. Can't believe I'd make such a big screw-up. I'd looked at the list of Pokemon who learn Swords Dance naturally, figured Ninjask could be had earlier in the plot than Absol, and forgot to check the breeding compatibility. I even thought it was odd that Bulbapedia hadn't listed Ninjask as a parent to breed Swords Dance onto Sandshrew.

Mauville City is full of cool things. For one, there's the Rock Smash Guy, but he really wants to be called the Rock Smash Dude. He gave Raymond the HM for Rock Smash for calling him that. There's also Rydel's Bicycle Shop, who gave the aforementioned a hero a bike, since his Running Shoes were dirty. Not to mention a lady who would trade some Harbor Mail for a Coin Case, promoting gambling! Plus, a generic fat guy who wanted to teach Rollout to something (let's roll!). And then there's Wally... he wanted to battle the protagonist for some reason... Well, I guess it was a simple fight against...

Gimmicky Garnishing Green Guy
    WALLY
    V.S.

Axol used Mud Shot. THE END. Wally gave up and left, and his uncle told him to meet them at Verdanturf sometime. Suddenly Scott came out of nowhere and was amazed at Raymond for destroying the rival. After all that, it was finally gym time. There were electric walls everywhere! Shocking, but switches were the solution to the serene puzzle, as well as some seriously confused trainers- they didn't use many Electric types. It was an jolting fight against...

Mega Magnetized Man of Luxurious Laughter and Lard
    WATTSON
    V.S.

GoldNSpoon used two Psybeams to take out Voltorb, while taking a Shock Wave at the beginning. Then, the Kadabra OHKO'd an Electrike with Psybeam. Axol dodged a Supersonic from Magneton and OHKO'd it with Mud Shot.

The Marshtomp was then against the deadly Manectric. It Howled to raise its power, but took a Mud Shot. Axol randomly went first and Mud Shotted, but was VERY close to a KO. The Electric type howled again, and was healed with a Super Potion. It took another Mud Shot and a critical hit Mud-Slap. The accuracy lower from Mud-Slap made it miss with Quick Attack, and one final Mud Shot defeated it, earning the team the third badge.

Random Fact of the Post: Anyone else wonder how exactly Wally got Ralts up to lv. 15 without it knowing anything? Did he let it Struggle all the time or did he do some Day Care Stuff?

Still training everyone to lv 50. I'm getting closer >ˇ>.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Well, I picked it up again. My two Pokemon are overlevelled now, both at level 38, so Norman was beaten with relative ease. I lead with Cornwall, and called for a Defense Curl. His Spinda's Psybeam confused me, precluding a Rollout sweep, so I nailed it with a Magnitude 9. Norman then sent out his Slaking. I had another go at Rollout, but it was broken by confusion. With Cornwall's HP being whittled away by Slaking's attacks and confusion damage, I decided to go for the Selfdestruct and eliminate the threat. Norfolk cleaned up with Mud Shot and I had the badge.

I then caught my third member, Lothian the Tentacool, named after the Scottish county where a nuclear power plant got its cooling inlets clogged by a jellyfish swarm a few years back. Now to go around the water routes near Dewford and level up Lothian; once he learns Barrier, I can breed it onto my Lileep.

Before moving north, Raymond does a detour by heading to Verdanturf and going into Rusturf Caves. He smashes the rocks there with a raccoon, and a karate guy gives the kid the HM for Strength. Now he can see a gal named Wanda anytime now. Wait, isn't she a fairy? And where's Cosmo and Timmy?

Raymond dodged some properly placed trainers and then ran into a quirky weird family named the Winstrates. They apparently do a battling Gauntlet for some odd reason, so the protagonist thought "Why not?" and swept them all superbly. After teaching Rock Smash to a Zigzagoon, he met up with Gabby and Ty, two reporters who only seem to stand in one place. After a fight, the hero is interviewed, but due to the real life me actually doing this event two weeks ago, I forgot what was actually said.

Even more trainers later, the group ends up in a Fiery Cave. Inside however, is the next Pokemon of the team- a Koffing. After five attempts later, a Koffing was caught with a nice, clean Premier Ball, and is named Atomix, which is an awesome name in itself and was named after the Atomic Bomb.

A bit more walking later, Raymond runs into a guy staring at a tree. The boy staring at a tree gives the pal the TM for Secret Power, and is immediately taught to Atomix for a better move. Pro tip for you- Secret Power is a great move this early in the game! It's even stronger for Normal types, but any Pokemon works well with it, and you can buy as many copies of you want of it by going back to Slateport! A bit afterwards, the team meets a creepy old lady...

It's snowing ash in the next route! Crazy dumb luck moment was the first encounter of the route is a Skarmory. There are NINJAS everywhere! None of them are Naruto, sadly. At the halfway point, there's a weird duo who like saying huff-puff at the end of their sentences. It must be a Japanese translation error thing, huff-puff. What's so good about saying huff-puff at the end of their sentences, huff-puff? Hey, that's actually pretty funny, huff-puff. Raymond was given a Soot Sack for talking to him, and by getting enough ash it can be used to make brilliant pottery, huff-puff.

Fallarbor Town, sounds a bit saddening of a town name to me, huff-ouff. Inside the Pokemon Center, some gardener Lady is hogging the PC. It turns out she built it, and is named Lanette, huff-puff. She'll be seen again later, huff-puff.

Random Fact of the Post: If I were to have gotten a Female Koffing, it would've been named Nyla after its two prototype names.

Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast