Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3615

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I got everyone to lv 50 and then took out the elite 4. I battled Steven and lost the first time. It was so rude because I stalled his cradliy out of pp and beat it but forgot about spikes and it finished off my last pokemon when I was against his armaldo >.> The second try was so much different, no spikes and his cradily didn't get any stat raises from ancient power so I actually beat him ^^ This is the first time I've ever beaten ruby =D Here is my winning team:

Zangoose lv 50
    Crawdant lv 51
    Flygon lv 50
    Armaldo lv 51
    Torkoal lv 51
    Roselia lv 50

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

At Fallarbor Town, there was a guy who jumped in glee if he saw a Heart Scale, and knew every Pokemon move- every one of em'. Right next door, there was a Fossil Maniac who was overprotective about his Fossils and had what seemed to be a depressed brother. Poor thing. Oh yeah, a Gentleman with a Poochyenna gave out the TM for Roar. Wrooooooooooaaaaar! Peeko!

Raymond ran into Lanette, who had a hopelessly cluttered house. How does she sleep at night? No seriously, where the heck does she sleep? She gave out a doll for visiting her. It's a bit worrying considering there are some Poke Maniac Cosplayeres (one named Steve) lurking near the mountain. Inside the mountain, Meteor Falls, there were Aqua and Magma Goons speaking, and a guy named Cozmo... Ah! So there's Cozmo! Wanda's back at Verdanturf. If I reunite them, will they be my fairy odd parents? Can I haz Nickelodeon series? No babies, please.

So the Magma goons fled to a mountain, and Raymond and the team followed. There were Poochyenas smooching each other, and scary music in the background. But most importantly, there was a guy named Maxie.

V.S.

Heatoise went up and ignored the mighty Mightyena's Intimidation factor. Due to insanely bad luck, the hyena's bite flinched TWICE, and actually KO'd Heatoise. Tentalice used Growth a few times, took the Bites, and Brick Broke the monster to defeat it. Did I mention it evolved and learned Brick Break? Axol went against Camerupt and Water Gunned the hump heat thing. Said monster just Tackled. Maxie healed with a Super Potion, but one Mud Shot defeated it right after that. GoldNSpoon's Psybeam destroyed the batty Zubat.

Maxie gave up and left. And the Aqua Leader congratulated us and told us to be cautious at the same time. Then Raymond bought cookies from an old woman.

Random Fact of the Post: The leader's Golbat (only in Ruby and Sapphire) took a TON of time to get by, going at it only with a Grovyle.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

So I started over on sapphire. It only took me one restart and I got a female treecho, named her Saria again, then caught a male slakoth after many minutes of finding female ones, I named him Talon, got to Rustboro, beat Roxanne very easily with just Saria, beat the aqua grunt, got to Dewford, caught a sableye to help in the gym, and beat all the trainers in the gym. My team so far:

Talon slakoth lv 14
    Saria grovile lv 16
    sableye lv 12
    I'm not using sableye for anything else except the gym.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Down the mountain the team left, running into a Magma Goon staring at a wall. Interesting. At the bottom was a Hiker running back and forth, and would never stop. Right next to that however is Lavaridge!

There were some interesting stuff there- hot springs, a man in a sand bank, a free Wynaut egg, and herbs for sale. The most interesting thing there however was the gym, which was misty and full of heat. And men (and one questionable woman) jumping out of pits, but they were only there for the gym leader's hotness (see what I did there) herself. After a bunch of random jumping into stuff, Raymond encountered.

Burning Battling Blasting Brash Babe
    FLANNERY
    V.S.

GoldNSpoon took out the simple camel Numel with a few Psybeams, after it Take Downed and was healed. Atomix took a few Sludge attacks to defeat Slugma, but it did set up Sunny Day. GoldNSpoon was out again to fight Camerupt, who missed with Overheat and took a Psybeam. Crazily, Overheat destroyed the Kadabra, and Axol used a Mud Shot and Water Gun to take out the monster, right after it was healed with a Hyper Potion.

Axol went against the beefy boss Torkoal, who after getting Water Gunned, set up another Sunny Day. Despite being shot with Mud Shot, Torkoal was desperate enough to attract the Marshtomp. Then it was Heatoise vs Torkoal, battle of the ages. The Overheat was Protected against, but stupidly the enemy got a critical hit with Overheat. Axol was sent out one last time to Water Gun and destroy the Torkoal to get the badge.

Right outside, May happened to be buying horrible herbs, and gave the protagonist some Go-Goggles. She also mentioned Norman, Raymond's father. Right after that however, the protagonist traded for his final Pokemon- a Male Shuppet named Voo Dood!

Random Fact of the Post: If the Shuppet was going to be female, it was going to be named Ashleydoll.
    Last edited by Hilijix; 3rd March 2012 at 8:05 PM.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

I wish the Battle Frontier didn't hax so much...

So anyway, I managed to breed myself a Careful, Thick Fat Snorlax with "wonderfully outstanding potential". It even had a 31 Attack IV, which is nice

I got it up to level 27ish before its EVs were maxed out. After that, I spammed Secret Base battling and the Elite Four and Champion. Right now, it's level 64, and knows the following moves:

Snorlax w/ Thick Fat
    Careful Nature
    120 Atk, 120 Def, 100 HP and 168 SpD
    -Curse
    -Shadow Ball
    -Body Slam
    -Rest

Not the most conventional EV spread, but I'm pretty happy with it.

I beat Brawley very easily with just sableye. It took a long time though. I gave the letter to Steven, got to Slateport, gt the soda pops, beat the aqua members in the museum, beat Brandon with some difficulty, I had to restart it DX Got to Mauville, beat Wally, got the mach bike, beat the trainers in the gym, and beat Watson. I was surprised, I used screech on his magneton 3 times and was actually able to beat it without anything super effective or neutral.After that I got the strength hm from the karate guy in rusturf tunnel, and beat the winstrate family.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I toured the water routes of southwest Hoenn, training up Lothian. A brief excursion to Mauville followed, to hand over an awful lot of money in return for game coins for an Ice Beam TM, the move going to Lothian. Wattson asked me to sort out the generator, but that could wait. I returned south and explored the Abandoned Ship, finding another Ice Beam TM, this one for Norfolk. Then it was time to sort out Wattson's little generator problem. After that, a run round to the north of Rustboro found me a few more trainer battles to bring Lothian to level 38.

Now to breed my fourth member, a Lileep with Barrier.

Now that the trading barrier has finally been dispelled, Raymond could fight all the trainers he's skipped (except the few that were hidden behind trees on Route 103...) He could also go into the desert, and into... The Mirage Tower.

With his horrible Mach Biking skills, somehow he made it to the top, and by picking a Root Fossil from the ground, the whole thing collapsed. Physics is weird in this game. Did I mention a trip to the Trick House was inevitable?

While on a trip around the world, Raymond stopped by Dewford because he heard some weird trends were going on. So he then told them about something awesome- it was called "Dragon Ball" Everyone was hooked, and pretty soon everyone on the island had Goku's haircut.

After all the previous trainers were trained off of, it was time to fight the father back at Petalburg. The fights were rather annoying, especially since Voo Dood couldn't even do much besides Taunt or Will O Wisp. Otherwise, after tons of time, it was a smackdown against...

Average Abstract Attacker
    NORMAN
    V.S.

Son v.s. Father! Battle for the universe! We should be super excited about this since we finally get to see our own dad!

GoldNSpoon used a critical hit Psybeam to destroy Spinda. Tentalice went against Vigoroth, and started with a Fake Out. Sadly, said Normal type Encored the attack. Tentalice was switched to Voo Dood to just take hits until it was KO'd. Heatoise went up against Vigoroth this time, but Flamethrower was close of a KO as it got Slashed. As Norman healed, the turtle thing cursed to raise its Attack and Defense. A Body Slam and Flamethrower later, the energetic monster was down.

Heatoise was still out to fight Linoone. The Fire type took a Slash and Flamethrowered, but stupidly got hit by a critical hit Facade. Body Slam still defeated it though. Last up was the beast Slaking. For the next few turns, it was a heal, stall, Protect fest to get Curse to make Heatoise's Body Slam mega powerful... But when it hit, it didn't do much at all, and Counter bounced it right back, KOing the defensive turtle. Two Psybeams from GoldNSpoon defeated the monster however, and the badge was Raymond's!

After the battle, Wally's dad came out of nowhere and dragged Raymond out of the gym to give him the HM for Surf. No complaints, as it was immediately taught to Axol!

Random Fact of the Post: This was one of the few Norman fights where I didn't reset the game in anger.

I finally after like a half hour of searching found a male skarmary with keen eye. The first one I found had sturdy so I released that one. I named him Cojiro and made it to Fallarbor town, then I got my 4th team member, a lunatone named Armos, got back to Petalburg and got the experience share and put it on Armos, I used it against the trainers I didn't battle in between Verdanturd and Mauville, got to Mt Chminey, beat Archie, then got to Lavaridge.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Since he niether had a DS or GBA anymore, a friend of mine gave me his old Pokemon Emerald while we were cleaning out his garage. Was pretty excited since it reminded me of how long it's been since I last played.

Booted up the game and realized there was no previous gamesave, so I started up a new game. Fast forward a couple days, I delivered the packaged off to Capt. Stern, defeated May, and had a quick match over at the Battle Tent in Slateport before heading over to Mauville City.

My team:

Marshtomp lvl 19
    Shroomish lvl 18
    Tailow lvl 19
    Ralts lvl 17

Next stop: Battling Wattson
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

86 eggs later and I got a Lileep I'm happy with.

Lileep - #345 (Careful) : 28 - 30 / 18 - 27 / 30 - 31 / 3 - 6 / 15 / 26 - 28

Two out of three on the defensive stats, and average SpDef

He'll be named Dorset, home of the fossil-rich Jurassic Coast, and now I can proceed east from Mauville.

A side effect of all the breeding is that with Lothian as the father, he's ended up even more over-levelled, reaching level 52. I'll probably hold him in reserve for the toughest battles in future.

What Raymond did after getting the HM for Surf:

Made Axol learn it
    Made sure the trend in Dewford stayed as Dragon Ball (it still was)
    Fought a bunch of Swimmers
    Went into a sunken ship and came out with the TM for Ice Beam (Axol knows it now)
    Did a sidequest involving Wattson and New Mauville to get the TM for Thunderbolt (Atomix knows it now)
    Found a bunch of random items
    Take the Trick Master's challenge

After all of that, the team went east from Mauville towards Fortree. He then obtained a pretty good Good Rod. And then Steven Stone jumped off of a ledge to talk specifically to us, then left. Also Gabby and Ty, and the response in the end was "Hoo-Ha!"

During the everraining route, there were this weird gimmick called the Mimic Circle, where creepy people mimicked the player's every move... There was also a poor soul who caught six Wingull. After a trainer...

"What? Axol is evolving? Congratulations! Your Axol evolved into Swampert!"

After an encounter with a Linoone...

"What? Atomix is evolving? Congratulations! Your Atomix evolved into Weezing!"

After a bunch of evolutions, the team headed into an odd institute, since some goons were blocking the way.

Random Fact of the Post: Atomix was going to defeat a Tropius to evolve, if only it didn't use Whirlwind...

I got my team to lv 30, beat Flannery who was so easy,. I just killed her slugmas with rock throw from Armos and put her torkoal to sleep with hypnosis and then rock thrower it to oblivion XD Then I beat the trainers in the desert, beat the trainers in the petalburg gym, and am now going to get my team to lv 30 and battle Norman.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

My Mono-Ghost run has been successful. I took on the Elite 4 last night. Fell to Drake. He is gonna be tough to beat.
    My team is roughly in the 49-51 range, and i think im just gonna waste some TMs to make this a bit easier.
    *Thinking ahead: I may take on the Battle frontier and collect all the symbols this time around. I've never done so, and it seems like it could be fun.

I got everyone to lv 30. Now I'm going to battle Norman. After I'm going to get the good rod after doing things with surf of course and going to get my 5th team member. Ruko the carvanha.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

The Weather Institute was overrun by pirates! This is going to be tough... No wait, Team Aqua. Meh, they're not tough at all. The Admin Shelly doesn't even get a V.S. thing because she's not that important. After saving her however, the scientists gave Raymond a free Castform! No PC switching required, straight to the PC, never to be touched again. (Well maybe for a Mystic Water...)

The protagonist Surfed south on the Waterfall, until he reached a necessary item- a Leaf Stone! It'll be used to evolve Tentalice into Shiftry a bit later on. Once he headed back, a certain gal named May challenged him to a rival battle!

V.S.

Wow. Her team fails big time. GoldNSpoon OHKO'd Slugma with Psybeam. Atomix faced Grovyle in his new Weezing form, took a Leaf Blade, and OHKO'd the beast with Sludge Bomb (TM found at Dewford after getting Surf). Atomix got Faked Out by the incoming Lombre, and got Swifted from a Nature Power, but Sludge Bomb also OHKO'd it.

May seemed ok at first, but after turning her back, she was furious. This has been found out by Scott, who just happened to be secretly spotting the battle from afar.

At Fortree, Raymond was going to face the gym but something unseeable was in the way! ... What? How does that work?

Random Fact of the Post: May is harder in the earlier fights than the later ones, at least for me.
    Last edited by Hilijix; 18th March 2012 at 4:47 AM.

I beat Norman, got surf, and got back to Mauville.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I apologize for how late it has been since I've last posted, but I've been under a cold and haven't gotten time to play or be online much.

After wandering around and defeating Gabby and Ty (it feels like so short since they've last been fought), the protagonist encounters Steven, who, using a magic, mystical device, uncovers and invisible Kecleon! It is captured with relative ease, and the white-haired pretty boy gives the hero the device, a Devon Scope.

It's then a rush back to Fortree to remove the invisible Kecleon from the road to the gym. After making it flee, it's a room full of turning panels! At the end of the tricky place, it was an all out flight fight against...

Flying Fidgety Female with Far-Out Flyers
    WINONA
    V.S.

This lady has got to be one of my least favorite gym leaders. At first glance, she seems just regular and generic. Thing is as a kid, I had my hide handed to me several times, so many times that I had to go out of my way to catch an entirely new Pokemon (an Electrode) to get rid of half of this gal's team. But I digress...

GoldNSpoon used its newly learned Psychic to blast away Swablu... AND IT LIVED ON! It magically used Mirror Move to repel Psychic right back, with a critical hit even. After getting healed, Shock Wave was used to OHKO it. What Psychic can't do, Shock Wave can. Atomix OHKO'd Tropius with Sludge Bomb, now being evolved, he's awesome and atomic. Atomix went against Pelipper, who protected a few times, but ultimately fell to Thunderbolt.

Heatoise Flamethrowered Skarmory, burning it to a cripps. Axol dueled against Altaria, and the Ice Beam it knew OHKO'd it. Which gave Raymond the badge- the only thing that hit the team wasn't even an attack known by any of Winona's Pokemon, and even then it was Mirror Move, and from the weakest Pokemon.

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: I was hoping for a Grass type gym the first time I ever walked into Fortree. You'd bet I was heavily disappointed.

I did more training today. I was hoping to get Dodrio, Zangoose, and Blaziken all to level 45 like the other half of my team. Unfortunately, virtually no regular trainers wanted to rematch me. Because of that, I spent most of my time travelling all over Hoenn trying to find trainers to fight. I did manage to find some battles, but I only fought enough trainers to level up Dodrio and Zangoose. Hopefully some more people will want to rematch me soon so that I can train Blaziken (I really don't want to fight wild Pokes...)

I battled all of the swimmers on the route in between Mossdeep and Pacificlog and battled everyone in the Aqua base.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Dorset made some good progress on the way from Mauville to Fortree. With a few barriers under his belt, he was beating stuff almost twice his level sometimes, as long as it didn't have special moves. Team Aqua at the weather Institute were easily dealt with, May put up a bit more of a challenge but Dorset did well against her Pokemon. An invisible Kecleon-shaped wall blocked access to the Gym in Fortree, so I went a little way onto route 120 to meet Steven and get the Devon Scope.

Fortree's gym, however, can wait. It took a bit of hunting, but I found an Absol on route 120. One level up got him Swords Dance, and I made a trip back down to Mauville to commence breeding my now fifth member, a Sandshrew with Swords Dance.

About 20 eggs got me:

Sandshrew - #027 (Jolly) Male (♂) : 17 - 18 / 20 - 21 / 0 - 1 / 20 - 22 / 4 - 6 / 20 - 29

I'm unsure whether to take him or keep trying. He's the nature I want, with decent attack and potentially great speed. However that defence is a big minus, given it's actually Sandslash's highest stat.

Right after leaving the gym, mystery man Scott randomly called us and told us how awesome of a person Raymond was. Hoo yay. The next route was crazy full of grass and trainers. Rangers, Ninjas, Parasol Ladies, Bug Maniacs, you name it! They were all there! During the fights...

"What? Voo Dood is evolving? Congratulations! Your Voo Dood evolved into Banette!"

He still only has one good attacking move... Why can't this thing learn more?! Ah well, its Shadow Ball still packs a punch. The rain randomly went on and off as the group reached the end of the route. On the next route there were emos! I mean Hex Maniacs. They look more like witch cosplayers to me... Some Grunts were also lurking about... The Safari Zone was jerkish, making you need a PokeBlock Case to go in there, despite never really needing them.

A complex maze of trainers was coming up next, and one Cool Trainer had a Shiftry. With epic moves, Tentalice Brick Broke the Shiftry, and right afterwards, Raymond knew it was time to use the Leaf Stone.

"What? Tentalice is evolving? Congratulations! Your Tentalice evolved into Shiftry!"

And thus the team was at Lilycove City. However, a certain gal was blocking the way to the Shopping Center...

Well I've been playing a Emerald a lot here is the current team
    Swellow 43
    Breeloom 45
    Linoone 45
    Walrein 45
    Tentacruel 43
    Blazekien 42

At victory road ATM Depebating about rayquza

Wa hey, May is conveniently blocking the path to the Department Store, and won't even move an inch until she's battled. Sure, we could just ignore her and she'd never move. Ever. Well, Raymond really wants to buy things, so...

V.S.

We STILL overshadow her team in numbers. Heatoise Flamethrowers the beasty Tropius, but the dinosaur somehow lives and hits back with a Magical Leaf. Then it out-speeds Heatoise to hit it with a Magical Leaf of the critical hit variety. Another Flamethrower destroys it. GoldNSpoon OHKO'd Slugma with Psychic. Atomix took a Leaf Blade to the face, and OHKO'd Grovyle with Sludge Bomb (why isn't that thing full evolved?) Atomix also faced Pelipper. Despite Protecting, a Thunderbolt the next turn took off the entirety of May's team.

May Flies away on a giant grass dinosaur, and the protagonist is finally free to shop. After shopping, he tries and fails his hand with the Lottery. Then, it was time to investigate Mt. Pyre, right after investigating the rainy route before it, which had the TM for Giga Drain, given to by a tree doctor lady. It was immediately taught to Tentalice, because lets face it, Bullet Seed sucks.

On the Mt., there's a bunch of people respecting the souls of the dead... and a bunch of trainers recklessly fighting. The real attraction however was at the top, where Team Magma took some sort of Orb. The old couple up their told about a story, and said that the goons randomly lost a "Magma Emblem" Weird.

got to the day in which the energy guru cuts his prices in half.
    Aggron lvl 61
    Torkoal lvl 61
    Rayquaza lvl 74
    Gyarados lvl 44
    Bagon lvl 35
    Metang lvl 35

any tips on lvling my bagon and metang so I can get my lvl 60 Aggron, Salamence, and Metagross team?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast