Page 94 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3615

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

So I caught Groudon and Kyogre. Groudon by far was harder however, I managed to catch him full health and sleep. Kyogre was kinda the same but not as much HP I did these battles with two sets of 99 pokeballs and another of 48 pokeballs.

"What? GoldNSpoon is evolving? Congratulations! Your GoldNSpoon evolved into Alakazam!"

Raymond needed all of his monsters fully evolved to take on the Magma Hideout, which was hidden in a volcano. There were Magma Grunts running around, and a group of boulders prevented intruders from intruding. There were many items, steams, and pools of pure lava. Not to mention FREAKING MECHS. But at the bottom? Maxie of Team Magma reviving a statue into a legendary, but it leaves because it hates the color blue. In rage, Maxie fights...

V.S.

Atomix was intimidated by the Mightyena, but breathed fire on it with Flamethrower anyway (learned via Game Corner TM done offscreen). The wolfbeast just Swaggered it. The hero healed the toxic bomb thing with a Lava Cookie, while the evil team leader oddly used a Super Potion to heal the hyena, despite it only being at half health. Why only Super Potions? I guess cost restraints. Sludge Bomb luckily poisoned the beast, and the beast only made a Scary Face. The poison killed the dog.

Voo Dood the Banette got a critical hit with Shadow Ball, OHKOing the Camerupt. Some tank that was. Atomix was out again to face another Poison type, Crobat. The fast bat confused the bomb, but was still hit with Thunderbolt. Maxie tried healing with a Super Potion, but Weezing was immune to the confusion and used a critical hit Thunderbolt to destroy Crobat. Overall, Maxie was defeated without getting touched! You mad?

Maxie left, and the search went on to Team Aqua's Hideout. After some sort of Slateport commotion, Raymond was able to enter the hideout full of teleport panels, water, and a Master Ball... wait what? At the end there was a big bulky Team Aqua grunt named Matt, but he's not significant enough to put a team and battle outline for. Apparently the Aqua team got ahead using a submarine, and the protagonists have to give chase somehow...
    Last edited by Hilijix; 18th March 2012 at 4:47 AM.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

It's that time of year again, what time? Spring break, of course, and time for me to restart my pokemon ruby version for another adventure!
    I started with mudkip, as usual, and caught 2 zigzagoons immediately to serve as pickupers/hm-slaves. Man, those things are useful. I caught taillow and shroomish to use, since I haven't actually used those pokes before, though I've heard good things about them. I saved in Rustboro, and will continue my challenge by battling Roxanne tomorrow.
    Pickup highlights included getting a nugget, an ultra ball, and a revive; I love zigzagoons.

Team:
    Shroomish lvl 12
    Mudkip lvl 13
    Taillow lvl 13

The wall of Waimer were gone, so it was time to Surf across the water to reach another town! Partway there, there was a man who lived on a lone house who'd trade shards for elemental stones. The island there was Mossdeep City, but a bit north of that were some more trainers (some have some interesting dialogue, specifically the two guys on an island .) There was some sort of changing cave with an old man wanting Shoal stuff. He needed both Salt and Shells to make a Shell Bell, which was given to Atomix.

Mossdeep City is a pretty awesome name for a city. One Karate King was pounding the watery ground in anger, and another was happily walking in place. A kid was talking about Wai-wai-wai... WAILMER WATCHING, a guy was questioned about a King's Rock, Scott was there, a man gave out Super Rods, and there was a random rumor-full white rock. Oh yeah, and a space station that had launched at least three times. But the main attraction was a gym...

A gym full of people dizzy from the gym gimmick. Poor trainers, spinning around like a record at the touch of a button. Not to mention there were psychics that liked to roar. "Wroaaar!" Rhydon statues were the main threat in the gym's puzzle. Surprisingly, the gym leader was actually gym leaders! Raymond did battle with...

Chaotically Calm psyChokinetic Children Combination
    TATE & LIZA
    V.S.

One of the hardest games in the whole game, at least in my opinion. It's a double battle, but the combinations are harsh. I'm not sure how to exactly stage this, but... Tentalice and GoldNSpoon were sent first.

Tentalice Faked Out the Xatu, GoldNSpoon also attacked said Psychic/Flying type with Shock Wave, but the bird managed to live. Claydol used Earthquake. The gym leaders healed, Shock Wave and Faint Attack were used to KO Xatu. Solrock was sent out as a replacement. Claydol's Earthquake sadly KO'd the Alakazam however.

Axol came in to tag-team with the Shiftry. Said Shiftry Giga Drained Solrock, and the Surf from the Swampert KO'd the Rock/Psychic type. Lunatone was then thrown out, and the Ground/Psychic type sadly got a critical hit on the starter. Giga Drain and Surf KO'd Lunatone, leaving the floating doll of clay left. Liza and Tate heal, but Giga Drain and Surf destroy that, giving Raymond the badge in a fight that was easier than most other times! Shiftry is a beast at this battle!

Random Fact of the Post: I recall seeing a kid on a cruise ship fighting Tate & Liza with a lv. 40 or so Blaziken and a lv. 30 or so Graveler. That poor, poor child...
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Alright, it was another good day of ruby playing for me. I beat Roxanne (no help to a crit from her Nosepass taking out Mudkip), then proceeded to get the Devon goods and rescue Peeko! In Dewford Town, I beat Brawley (though his Makuhita critted to KO my taillow, it sure is a good thing I'm not doing a Nuzlocke run), and delivered the letter to Steven. I took out the Magma grunts in Slateport, Went through the trick master's house, and beeat May handely. I saved once I got to Mauville.
    Highlights: Mudkip and Taillow evolved and I got a couple more revives and nuggets through pickup.

Team:
    Shroomish lvl 21
    Marshtomp lvl 21
    Swellow lvl 22

Well, I guess I have a bit of catching up to do.

I kept breeding Sandshrews, and in time turned up a rather better one than that I mentioned before. I seem to have misplaced the IVs now, but they were pretty sweet, I know that much. She became my fifth team member, Lancashire (the county Blackpool's in). Wild battles, and the trainers at Fortree Gym, began levelling her up, then I proceeded down Route 120. Having both Lancashire and Dorset to level up, and being miserly with items, this was a slow process with running back to Fortree's Pokemon centre practically every other battle. But eventually I did reach Route 121, and there encountered...a Shuppet.

Result! Male and knowing Curse, this meant I could start breeding my final team member, Cursing Grimer. Of course, to do that I first needed to catch a Grimer. The much more common Pokemon in the Fiery Path like Koffing and Numel made ideal material to continue levelling up Lancashire, and eventually I found my quarry. An unboosted Aerial Ace from Lancashire only just avoided KOing the Grimer!

Breeding this one was a pain. It took me close to 60 eggs just to get the desired nature (Careful). At least it was a female Careful one, which I then began breeding with one of her brothers who had good IVs. I hatched out 27 more Careful Grimers, and probably a similar number with the wrong nature, none of which met my stat targets, that were equivalent to 20 or greater IVs in HP, Atk, Def, and SpD. It was time to compromise. I ran IV calcs on a number of the Grimers I had, and found

Grimer (Careful) Male (♂) : 26-27 / 28 / 19 / 12-19 / 20-22 / 25-27

My last member, he could only really get one name, from the place once home to one of the world's most polluted rivers - London. (OK, London's not strictly speaking coastal, but the Thames is tidal).

With my team complete, I returned to Lilycove, defeating May with Dorset again doing much of the work, exploring the town and then failing hard at a couple of contests. Not really my thing, so it was off to Mt Pyre, first tripping up the outside and defeating Team Aqua people, then exploring the interior. After that, I took the road down Route 123 back to Mauville, en route to the Magma Hideout in the volcano. The Hideout was completed with little trouble, though Maxie did at least force me to use my higher-levelled Pokemon, and Groudon went...somewhere...

The team as it stands thus divides naturally into two parts. The "dev squad" are the members I'm focussing on levelling up, and thus use as much as viable.

London the Grimer
    Level 32, Careful, Sticky Hold
    Curse, Screech, Minimize, Sludge

Lancashire the Sandslash
    Level 32, Jolly, Sand Veil
    Slash, Swords Dance, Sand-Attack, Aerial Ace

Dorset the Lileep
    Level 35, Careful, Suction Cups
    Ingrain, Barrier, Confuse Ray, Toxic

The other three members I think of as the "big guns". Being at much higher levels, I try to only use them when I need to.

Cornwall the Graveler
    Level 45, Impish, Sturdy
    Selfdestruct, Defense Curl, Earthquake, Rollout

Norfolk the Swampert
    Level 46, Relaxed, Torrent
    Ice Beam, Protect, Mud Shot, Surf

Lothian the Tentacruel
    Level 52, Lonely, Clear Body
    Screech, Surf, Ice Beam, Barrier

For what it's worth, I hatched 87 Lileeps, 90 Sandshrews, and 136 Grimers in my breeding efforts. (And kept all of them, I dislike releasing). Pales in comparison to what some people have done for competitive, but for a story run, dang that seems like a lot.
    Last edited by cantab; 19th March 2012 at 2:48 AM.

Apparently there was some sort of ruckus on Mossdeep City, with Magma Grunts invading the Space Center! Why the space center has no sort of defense and anyone can just waltz right in is beyond my knowledge, but stuff had to be done, and Raymond was the only one with Pokemon.

Three trainers ambushed the protagonist at the same time, but no Triple Battle occurred because it didn't even exist yet! At the top, the white-haired guy Steven was going to face off against both Maxie and a random guy/girl named Tabitha, but Raymond had to be involved for some reason... Instead of trying to go overkill on the team and use nine monsters against three, only three could be selected to team up with another three. I don't think it was to make it fair, because we need to win no matter what. It was probably due to hardware limitations...

Axol and Metang went to fight Mightyena and Camerupt. A Surf OHKO'd the camel thing, but the hyena used Swagger to make the Metang hit itself in confusion. The upcoming Golbat somehow lived an Ice Beam from the Swampert, while being scared by a scary face, and the Steel/Psychic type hit itself once more. Surf destroyed the Golbat, and another Mightyena came out.

Axol was switched for Atomix to take a Take Down, and Metang was taunted into ripping apart Mightyena with Metal Claw. Camerupt was out, and just because it could, the Poison type Self-destructed, blowing up and fainting everything on the field. Voo Dood and Steven's Skarmory came out confused to why nothing was there. Crobat was the only thing remaining. After some Protect, Steel Wing, and Shadow Ball attacks, that thing went down.

The Magma dudes gave their actions a second thought, decided not to steal any rocket fuel, and left. Steven then gave the hero the HM for Dive.

Random Fact of the Post: I'm REALLY getting sick of typing these double battles...

Wow, what a day for my ruby-playing protagonist. I beat Wattson handily, it literally took me three mudshots from Marshtomp to take his team out. Then I traveled up and around the top arch, eventually getting to Mt. chimney. Easily took out Maxie there, and headed down to Lavaridge town. I thought Flannery would be easy, I took out her two slugmas with two mud shots from marshtomp, but her torkoal got some serious flinch and attraction hax going on my pokes. I eventually took her down, but it was my hardest battle by far. I saved in front of the pokemon center in lavaridge, ready to capture the last pokemon I want to use on my team, Trapinch!

Team:
    Marshtomp lvl 29
    Breloom lvl 29
    Swellow lvl 30

I'm getting Emerald soon. No clue who I'll be using, but I'll figure something out. All I know is Flygon will be a member of my team.

Well, it was a slow day in my emerald playthrough. I captured the final pokemon I will be using, Trapinch, and spent the whole day grinding him to be the same level as my team (and didn't quite get there). Trapinch is hard to train, he's so slow and doesn't have that much bulk. I finally found the perfect place to train him, though, the fiery path! It's full of really slow torkoals who I can one-shot easily. Tomorrow I will get Trapinch to the same level as the rest of my party and take on Norman!

Team:
    Trapinch lvl 28
    Swellow lvl 30
    Marshtomp lvl 30
    Breloom lvl 31

Summary of what happened for about four days straight: SURFING. Lots and lots of surfing. And fighting, too. Not to mention leveling up!

After doing all of that, Raymond was reminded that Team Aqua was doing stuff in the sea, in a yellow submarine. There were gallons of grunts who had no idea where to go, and obstacles that seemingly trapped them. One wonders how they even got there if their Pokemon don't even have those HM moves. At the end however, the leader Archie Andrews was going to revive a legendary, but the protagonist had to stop him!

V.S.

Atomix was up first against the mighty Mightyena. Despite being breathed fire on, the hound could still muster up a Scary Face. Archie, being cheap, only used a Super Potion to get some of its wits back up, and Flamethrower was used again. The Dark type then Swaggered, and Atomix the Weezing hit itself in confusion. After being taken down, a double powered Sludge Bomb KO'd the beast.

Voo Dood went against Crobat, who Wing Attacked, and was hit with a Return. Another Super Potion was used from the enemy side, as the bat was hit with a Shadow Ball. Another Shadow Ball took it out. Last up was Sharpedo, and Axol faced it. Its Swagger missed, and Mud Shot lowered the shark's speed so another Mud Shot could destroy it.

The legendary Kyogre woke up in a rampage and started to make it rain, but since Groudon was already up, it was sunny as well. It kept toggling back and forth, and apparently Raymond is the only one who can save the entire region. Yikes.

I battled the rest of the swimmers in betweed Slateport and Petalburg, got the ice beam tm from the abandoned ship, ad battled the trainers in the Sootopolis gym.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Had a very busy day today on Ruby. I finished training my team to level 31 each, then took on Norman. He was a snap thanks to Mach punch on Breloom. Then I went through the water routes from Petalburg to Dewford to Slateport, leveling up all the way. Finally I took my first tentative steps into the eastern side of the Hoenn region. Also, Trapinch evolved, so hopefully he won't be dead weight on my team, anymore.

Team:
    Swellow lvl 34
    Marshtomp lvl 34
    Breloom lvl 34
    Vibrava lvl 35

At the now accessible Sootoplis City, an old man blocks a cave entrance, but now we can go in because we're special. Inside the cave was a water guy named Wallace, and he asked the hero if he knew where Rayquaza was. Raymond had know clue what he was asking, but after severe trial and error, it turned out to be the Spear Pillar. A quick fly there to the island of Pacifidlog (adventured to off-screen) and a bit surfing east was all it took to reach there.

The pillar itself was in good condition, but something tells me it'll be full of cracks someday. At the top, Rayquaza woke up, and flew to the basis of where Kyogre and Groudon were fighting.

Kyogre: Water is better!
    Groudon: No! The ground is better!
    Kyogre: Well, why are you asking this around a large pool of water?!
    Groudon: Well, why are you asking that when we're inside an island?
    Kyogre: Well at least my ancestor isn't fat!
    Groudon: We have the same ancestor!
    Kyogre: What's that supposed to mean?
    Rayquaza: ENOUGH! You are terrorizing the people of Hoenn too much. One of you is fine to run a muck but two at once is too bad!
    Kyogre: Oh, uh, Rayquaza, hey! Nice weather... Oh wait, there isn't any.
    Rayquza: Now, descent back to your eternal slumber! Or do I hate to tell Arceus on you guys again?
    Groudon: NO!
    Kyogre: Not Arceus!
    Groudon: He took away all my fire powers last time he got angry...
    Rayquaza: Now go! Now! I don't want to have to see you for at least another decade!

The legendary Pokemon returned to where they came from after a long conversation, and Raymond was finally free to challenge the gym.

Went through new Mauville today. All those magnimites and voltorbs really helped in the training of my Marshtomp and Breloom (thanks to mach punch). Then I went over to route 119 to start the trek up to Fortree. Didn't quite get Marshtomp to evolution range, but there's always tomorrow!

Team:
    Marshtomp lvl 35
    Breloom lvl 35
    Vibrava lvl 35
    Swellow lvl 36

Current Emerald Team:

Altaria - Lv. 46
    Blaziken - Lv. 45
    Claydol - Lv. 45
    Milotic - Lv. 44
    Raichu - Lv. 48 (WITH VOLT TACKLE AWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAH)
    Vileplume - Lv. 46

Just got done handing Juan his lunch, so it's off to the Pokemon League I go. Woooo.
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I finally got to the pokemon league on sapphire. Now I'm getting everyone to lv 50 like I did on ruby. Also taught Ruko ice beam because it will be more helpful against the elite 4.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Alright, Saved the weather institute today. It's really easy when you only use three pokes, they start to get pretty overleveled, but that's fine with me. Then preceded to get the devon scope, beat Winona, and start going through route 120. Marshtomp evolved (finally), so vibrava is the only NFE left on my team.

Team:
    Vibrava lvl 37
    Swellow lvl 38
    Swampert lvl 38
    Breloom lvl 38

I continued training my team. I had much more luck leveling up this time compared to last time as I found quite a few trainers willing to rematch me. Most of my time was spent raising Blaziken, who I finally managed to get to level 45 like my other Pokemon. I then trained Zangoose a bit and got it to grow by a couple of levels. Also, I decided to enter my Dodrio in a Cool contest because its moveset looked pretty good for contests. I gave it a few Pokeblocks and went on to win the contest easily.

After an economical apocalypse, it's gym time! The gym is an ice maze, with ice that cracks with two steps, but replenishes itself in about five seconds when not in the room. The gym leader creepily has a stash of women in his basement... This raises many questions... Otherwise, it was a hectic final gym match against...

Wicked Water Whiplasher With a Wacky Suit
    JUAN
    V.S.

Juan starts with a Luvdisc... Hold on a second. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Ok I'm done now. Voo Dood OHKO'd it with Shadow Ball. Atomix then went against the crabby Crawdaunt. Two Sludge Bombs took it off, and it took a Crabhammer beforehand. Tentalice went against the whimsical Whiscash next. A Fake Out and a Giga Drain devastated it. Voo Dood was sent out again, this time for Sealeo. After a Shadow Ball, the dumb seal missed with Auora Beam, and another shadowy ball defeated it.

Last up was the doomful fish Kingdra. Tentalice started out by Fake Outing it. The seahorse immediately went for Double Team, but the Shiftry thankfully new Faint Attack. Sadly, it had Ice Beam, but amazingly, the Grass/Dark type lived! Juan was a jerk and healed however, and defeated Tentalice. GoldNSpoon was sent out next. It's a bit boring of what happened next, so I'll just post my notes:

GoldNSpoon, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Psychic attempt fail, Rest wake, Double Team, Shock Wave, Rest, Shock Wave, Shock Wave, Rest, Psychic, Shock Wave, Hyper Potion, Shock Wave, Psychic, Ice Beam, Shock Wave KO

Victory was Raymond's! Now it was finally time to reach the Pokemon League!

Random Fact of the Post: I really should've taught GoldNSpoon Calm Mind, it would've helped a ton.

Had quite the day today. I beat team Magma in Mt Chimney, then in their hideout. Surfed on over to Mossdeep and beat Tate and Liza (I thought it'd be easier with Swampert, but I guess their pokes just had high SpecDef.) Finally, I caught 2 new HM slaves to replace my level 2 and 5 Zigzagoons: Linoone and Wailmer.

Team:
    Swellow lvl 41
    Swampert lvl 41
    Breloom lvl 41
    Vibrava lvl 41

Just started breeding for natures on my new Ruby team. Trying to create a team for a fanfic I'm about to write. It's gonna have an evil theme with Tyranitar as the lead at the very least.

The doomsday has ended, all eight gym badges have been obtained, so it's time to climb aboard Axol the trusty Swampert to Surf to the Pokemon League. A few useless swimmers were swimming about, but they were no harm. A massive Waterfall, however, was massive harm. So, Raymond had to teach his Water/Ground type Waterfall. Victory Road was the only thing standing before the protagonist, his six monsters, and glory.

Inside the massive cave section, it was time to rem- what? What the heck is Wally doing here? Apparently it's time for his revenge, as he went full power with a team of five after us, with maybe the sixth one used for HM purposes.

V.S.

Axol Ice Beamed the Dragon/Flying type Altaria, OHKOing it instantly. Heatoise took a Toxic from Roselia, but a Flamethrower OHKO'd it. Tentalice Faked Out Delcatty, and Brick Broke it, Koing that. Axol Earthquaked the Magneton, OHKOing that, too. Last up was Voo Dood, who Shadow Balled and OHKOed the Male Gardevoir. Wally was then beaten without being touched! At least until Raymond took about four steps for the poison to come in. Wally swore that he'd beat the hero some day, but that'll never happen.

You know what time it is? Reminiscing time!

Spoiler:- Reminiscing:

After a crazy fight with a levitating Claydol using Skill Swap with a levitating Weezing, Raymond and his group were finally at the Pokemon League. It's training time!

I got almost everyone to lv 45. Just need to get Armos and Talon there and then get everyone to lv 50.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just completed the ball ache crusade, also known as catching the three Regi's. Regirock only took two Ultra Balls on the second attempt, and Regice and Registeel were captured with a bit of trouble. Maintenant I've just failed at my second attempt to catch Groudon and the bastard doesn't seem like it's going to get caught any time soon.

Bladdy catch rates.
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 94 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast