Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3615

Thread: Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Just started a new game. I chose , caught a and I'm about to challenge the first gym

After an enormous amount of training, it was the moment everyone was waiting for: Elite Four time. The first matchup was a guy with a crazy haircut...

Bewildered Bashingly Bald Breaker
    SIDNEY
    V.S.

Tentalice was the first one to fight the first Dark type, Mightyena. It took two Brick Breaks to defeat is, and Sand Attack didn't affect it. Axol then OHKO'd Absol with Earthquake. Heatoise took a Leech Seed from Cacturne, but retaliated with a critical hit Flamethrower.

GoldNSpoon OHKO'd the Crawdaunt with a single Shock Wave. Last up was another Shiftry, but Atomix came out to fight instead of Tentalice. The Grass/Dark type Double Teamed, but Atomix didn't care as it critical-hit Sludge Bombed the monster to faint. Sidney was beaten without being touched!

Next up was some crazy Hawaiin lady.

Female with Faintly Ferocious Fiend Freaks
    PHOEBE
    V.S.

Oh ho ho... too many experiences with Phoebe... But that was the past, and this is now. She's still tricky though, starting off with the tank of a Dusclops. Tentalice failed with Faint Attack due to Protect. She then hit herself after a Confuse Ray, but right after hitting the ghost with Faint Attack. The E4 member Full Restored, while Tentalice was switched to Heatoise. It Flamethrowered but way also confused, so he was switched back to the original Pokemon. Tentalice's Faint Attack KO'd it after a few Protects.

Atomix was against Dusclops, and powerful attacks were thrown back and forth: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt in that order, with the last move paralyzing. Atomix was switched for Axol, and due to paralysis, was able to combo with Surf and Earthquake to KO the ghost. Heatoise was then gruded by the incoming Banette, but Flamethrower burned it. Even when it was KO'd by another Flamethrower, all its PP for Flamethrower was gone, but it was healed after the match, and he wasn't used in the battle again...

Axol Surfed the Sableye, while it divided with the power of shadows. The starter was switched for Tentalice, and Night Shade was used. Thankfully, Faint Attack took it out. It was an epic Banette v.s. Banette battle, with Voo Dood being victorious by outspeeding the opponent and Shadow Balling it, OHKOing it.

Random Fact of the Post: As a kid, Phoebe made me catch three entirely new Pokemon (a Numel, Sealeo, and Banette), use the Day-Care like crazy, and use those to complete the Elite Four.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Utterly pissed to the brim. I just caught Rayquaza after long arduous hours (probably just twenty minutes, actually) full of ripping my hair out, only to find that, once that bladdy snake stuck in the Ultra Ball, my SP ran out of battery and decided to die.

If there is a God out there, please kill me now.

e: Never mind, caught it again.
    Last edited by Geekachu; 28th March 2012 at 7:10 PM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Next up on the roster is the weird pirate lady!

Freezing Frozen Frolicking Grandma
    GLACIA
    V.S.

GoldNSpoon's Psybeam encouraged Sealeo to summon Hail from the ceiling above. Another Psybaem KO'd it. Heatoise took a Crunch from Glalie, and a Flamethrower OHKO'd it. Thank you Elixirs! Voo Dood went up against the big bulky Walrein, and hit it with a Shadow Ball. The walrus retaliated with Surf, doing more than half. After getting Night Shaded, another Surf knocked Voo Dood out. Atomix had to take a critical hit Ice Beam before Thunderbolting and KOing the beast.

Tentalice was up against Sealeo, and Faked it Out before KOing it with a critical hit Giga Drain. Axol went against the last Glalie and OHKO'd it with a critical hit Surf. So many critical hits...

Last up was the true pirate of Hoenn... And he's got a freaking mustache. You know he means business when someone in Pokemon has facial hair.

Penultimate Pirate Pondering the Politics of his Powerful Pokemon
    DRAKE
    V.S.

Jerkishly, the Shelgon Protected TWICE against GoldNSpoon's Psybeams. Then as revenge, GoldNSpoon got a critical hit with Psybeam OHKOing the shell circle dragon. Axol took an Earthquake from Flygon and OHKO'd it with Ice Beam.

Voo Dood's Shadow Ball hit hard against Altaria, but Dragonbreath somehow paralyzed it. He was switched out for GoldNSpoon as the Dragon did a jig called the Dragon Dance. The Psychic type was not amused and KO'd it with Psychic. Axol went up against the nearly-uber level Salamence, took a Dragon Claw from it, and blasted back a freezing Ice Beam to OHKO the monster. Good riddance to that and all the pain it's given to me over the years.

Tentalice went against Kingdra last, and Faked it Out. She then hit it with a critical hit Brick Break, and took a Body Slam. Somehow Faint Attack KO'd it the next turn.

There was only one challenger left in the league. The team of seven healed themselves and sauntered up the ever-lasting staircase to encounter the champion...
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Haven't had much time to play in the past few days, until today. I got through the Seafloor Cavern, but Maxie still awakened Groudon (what's with that?) Anyway, Went to the cave of origin and caught Groudon (on only the second try, I was hot today!). I battled through Wallace's gym, but stopped short of the leader himself to do some more exploring. I ended up saving at pacifidlog town. In other news, Vibrava evolved, so now I have a fully evolved team!

Team:
    Swellow lvl 44
    Swampert lvl 44
    Breloom lvl 44
    Flygon lvl 45

I got a lot of training done today on Emerald. First, I finished training up Zangoose to level 50, which didn't take too long because I trained it against my Secret Base trainers. Next, I leveled up Dodrio to lv. 50. It finally learned Drill Peck when it was lv. 47, which I was very happy about since I had been wanting to replace Aerial Ace with something stronger. The last Pokemon I trained to lv. 50 today was Milotic. Now, I only have Absol and Electabuzz to level up before my whole team is strong enough to fight those Gym Leader rematches I've been training for.

Also, while I was playing today, my Emerald reached 800 hours of play time!

Been working on the trainer cards on the train to work every day. Dex and E4 are done, now I'm on the contest run.

All four rounds complete in cute and beauty, both with milotics.
    Now I'm breeding for a decent natured Alakazam for the Smart contest.

Berry master was about today so I blended some gold blocks to give to the as yet unhatched 'mon.

Well, it has been a while since my last update. Ummm...a bit of pointless criss-cross between Lilycove and Slateport over the Team Aqua submarine business, fun with warp tiles in the Team Aqua Hideout, Lilycove to Mossdeep, the Mossdeep Gym - Tate & Liza put up a good fight, but three water weaknesses was never going to help their chances - and the Space Centre. Then all the way over to Petalburg to get a Corphish. On the way I stopped by Pacifidlog, where London learnt Explosion, before being swept away by the currents towards Slateport.

With a single Rare Candy, Corphish became Crawdaunt, the HM mule I'd long been waiting for - Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Dive all on the one Pokemon. A return to the Abandoned Ship would mark my first use of Dive, ultimately obtaining an item for Captain Stern, who accepted with gratitude, seemingly not minding that I'd gone after that instead of his stolen submarine! The deep blue seas beckoned again, endless waves to Surf, rarely using Repels because Repel users don't get random shinies! There was another diversion, a visit to Sootopolis, before I finally located the trenches that pointed to the Seafloor Cavern.

With its mazy layout, the cavern took a couple of assaults before I reached its bowels, where the form of Kyogre waited. Archie showed up moments later, but his marine team was made toast by my coast.

Then the S hit the F. The weather went so crazy, anyone would think we were in England, not Hoenn! Over to Sootopolis, the locus of the disruption, then back around to...Mauville??? I thought I needed the Mach Bike. The trip down Route 123, then back to Lilycove via Fortree didn't take long, and soon I had surfed round to the foot of the Sky Pillar.

At its peak, Rayquaza rested, only to shoot off like an astronaut ejected from an Air Lock upon my arrival. Back down the tower, and a save and heal at Pacifidlog before returning to Sootopolis. And then, when the green one showed up, the red one and the blue one stopped fighting, just like that. Of course, we all know that otherwise Kyogre would have won. Even the Doctor said it, "Water always wins."

The Sootopolis Gym Trainers were despatched with ease, London barely breaking a sweat though Dorset did get in on one battle. The last Trainer, with only a Goldeen, was fittingly blasted away by London's Explosion. After a Pokemon Centre healing, it was time for the main event, VS Juan for the Rain Badge.

London, at level 43, lead, against Juan's Luvdisc. Set-up bait, I thought, commanding a Curse, only to be met by Attract. London's HP got whittled away by Water Pulse and confusion damage, but eventually he got in two Curses and downed Luvdisc in one hit with Sludge. Juan sent out Whiscash, and with London weakened and the type disadvantage, I moved to end it swiftly. Whiscash used Amnesia, big mistake as London Exploded with double-force, KOing Juan's Pokemon with extreme prejudice.

I thought I'd risk another type disadvantage and send out Lancashire, also level 43. Juan called upon Sealeo. I risked the set-up move, calling for Swords Dance, as Lancashire took a big hit from Sealeo's Aurora Beam. My Pokemon was faster though, and took down Sealeo with Earthquake, and Crawdaunt straight after with another.

Juan's last Pokemon, Kingdra, was faster than Lancashire, who went down to a Water Pulse. It had been a long time since my starter, Norfolk at level 47, had seen any action; about time that changed. With no set-up moves on Norfolk, and seeing little point in using Protect, I went straight for the Ice Beam. Kingdra's faster Water Pulse did little, Norfolk's Ice Beam similarly low damage. A Mud Shot hit the Dragon Pokemon harder, and slowed it down to boot, letting Norfolk follow-up with another unopposed, and the match was won. Hopefully the Elite Four will present a stiffer challenge.

Now I must pop over to Lilycove so as to delete Surf from Norfolk in favour of Waterfall, then on to Ever Grande City!

I finished training my team and I am half way through the elite 4 =D

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Beat Wallace today. That might not seem like much, but trust me, it was tough. I suddenly realized that 3/4 of my team is weak to ice, and Swampert doesn't resist it, it Wallace's Milotic with ice beam really put the hurt on my team. I had to PP stall it to struggle with Swampert, but then the rest of his team was taken out by four Sky Uppercuts from Breloom, so now I have all 8 badges. Oh, and I caught a Wailord.

Team:
    Swellow lvl 45
    Breloom lvl 45
    Swampert lvl 45
    Flygon lvl 45

I started a new game on the Sapphire game I bought months ago with May, naming her as PPLyra.

Chosen Mudkip to defeat Poochyena and NN it as Kip.

Made my way to Odale town and defeated my rival...which I cant name ._.;

I defeated him and got running shoes and made my way to Petalburg.

Defeated trainers along the way and saved the game on Petalburg City's PKMN Ccentre, nya~

Raymond stepped up the final steps of the Pokemon League, and encountered the champion... and he could not believe his eyes.
    "N...noo... NO! What are you doing here?!"
    "Ack! How did you know I concealed myself as the champion of the Pokemon League?! You're sharp! You... you've come to take my title, haven't you?"
    "Well..."
    "Consider your challenge accepted! This shall be the ultimate trick that tricks you permanently!" The man spins around and starts levitating amazingly!

Tacky Taboo Talented Huggable Coveted Genius Lovable Fabulous Life-Loving Ultimate Level Near-Godly Man Who Has Had Five Wives for Five Years and No Divorce Arrangements Plus he can Fly at Mach Speed and Conceal Himself into Paper
    TRICK MASTER
    V.S.

This, by far, is the hardest battle in any Pokemon game. All of the Trick Master's Pokemon are level 69, with the exception of his last being level 100. Heatoise went up against Smeargle, but the painty dog used Spore to put it to sleep thanks to a Quick Claw, and then switched to Rayquaza. While still asleep, the monster used Outrage, OHKOing the turtle... It then OHKO'd Voo Dood, but it was then confused. Tentalice Faked it Out and then Faint Attacked while it hit itself. It then switched to Wobuffet who Mirror Coated the Faint Attack, OHKOing Tentalice. It was however, taken down by Atomix's Explosion... and so was Atomix.

GoldNSpoon went against Ninjask, who Protected twice to get its speed off. When GoldNSpoon did get a hit, it didn't KO and the ninja used Swords Dance. Then it Baton Passed to the shiny Magikarp. Magikarp's Tackle OHKO'd both GoldNSpoon and Axol... Raymond just lost the Pokemon League.........

Spoiler:- Then What Happened?:

Well I restarted Sapphire and am at Ever Grande but I can't be assed telling people that won't read this post a story soo...

I was playing Emerald the other day and noticed how noobish young me had made a mess of the game. I sat there with one Frontier symbol pretty much no TMs or berries.All move tutors used up. So I began training an Espeon and won the Factory symbol. I had moves on some guys like Thundershock and Hyper Beam.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Helped Wally catch a Ralts..

Went and defeated more trainers and got my Mudkip to Lv 16 and evolved into Marshtomp

Defeated Roxanne..

My game is only played 58 Minutes and only Marshtomp in my team, nya~

I did lots of training with my Absol and Electabuzz on Emerald. After fighting tons of trainers, both of them grew from level 45 to level 50. Now all six of my Pokemon are at 50, which means that next time I play I can finally begin to rematch all the Gym Leaders again. Also, I added a couple of Pokemon to my Pokedex. My number of Pokemon owned had been at the very annoying number of 299 for quite some time, so I decided to evolve my Bulbasaur into Ivysaur to bring it to an even 300. And since Ivysaur was already level 30 something, I leveled it up again and let it evolve into Venusaur.

I can't wait to destroy the Battle Frontier.

After a few more unsuccessful attempts to face Dome Ace Tucker for the Gold Symbol, I had a look at Ellie's Battle Frontier page and thought, what the heck, I'll try raise a Sceptile with Crunch. It's worked out really well so far, I managed to get a Modest one with perfect Special Attack. Right now, it's a Grovyle and is at level 28.

Grovyle@Macho Brace
    Modest, 252 SpA, 48 Spd
    -Thunderpunch
    -Absorb
    -Aerial Ace
    -Crunch

I'm really looking forward to destroying him, especially after what happened last time...

Made my way to defeat a fellow Team Ma-- I mean Aqua. Iv'e played Ruby tonsa times and Sapphire, this is my first time and rescued Peecko.

Made my way to this..old man's house and sailed to Dewford.

God lost in the Granite cave..finding out 30 mins later the staircase was just above May .-.

Gave the letter to Steven and went saves in the PKMN centre, nya~

I just loss my 42 win streak in the battle tower yesterday :L

Also, I'm raising a Heracross (in place of Blissey) and I want to see how this affects my team... Should do positively I hope.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Three pictures in the museum now (Cute, Beauty, Smart)

Tough contest now won up to to Hyper Rank. Should get the last one on the train home.
    Mawile is proving up to the task so far.

My just captured level 80 Careful natured Heracross just needs 20 more levels (after I train the rest of my team). Just one weird thing... I EV trained it's Defence (about 15 levels) and now it's higher then it's Special Defence..this would be a good thing, but it seems even though it is Carefuled Nature, it's Special Defence is still low.. I'm going to try to put more EV's in Special Defence when I get back training it again, but can does anybody know what is happening..?
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

After a nice long rest, Raymond found that his father took a visit. He was given an S.S. Ticket pass thing, and then left. Also, a TV event recently encountered a red flying Pokemon thing. Well that's nice.

Right outside the house, Prof. Birch and May ambushed him! He was teleported to the lab and was given a National upgrade to the PokeDex. Somewhere, apparently there's a grassy patch waiting for us. Well who cares about grass, we've got a boat to catch!

On aboard some boat that I forget the name of, Scott was there and invited the hero to the Battle Frontier an amazing, yet unfair, battling expo that doesn't count to your Pokedex not even a smudge. Also Mr. Briney and Peeko. Wrooooar! Peeko! There was also a Lovely Couple (Lea and Jed) who I think were based off of an already existing couple on some really sedate sitcom or something. I think it was called Malcom in the Middle.

One last encouter with the Trick Master, full of sliding on broken glass and stuff, and then the master of tricks left to find even more tricks!

...And that's all that could be done for now. There is one secret battle in the game that I want done before this Recent Happenings adventure is over, but the team needs some serious training. So, they shall be transported and trained to a very trustable trainer in the region of Orre. He should be able to get them to lv. 70 easily. See you in a bit!

Went to the place where you unlock the Regis today. Remembered the Wailord/Relekanth requirement, but forgot about dig. Some time later I broke the code and got through. Then I went through victory road. Was slightly long than expected thanks to not bringing a flash poke, but I got through alrite. Wally was a piece of cake, and I will hopefully challenge the E4 soon.

Team:
    Swellow lvl 47
    Breloom lvl 47
    Flygon lvl 47
    Swampert lvl 47

started my gane a while back... took chicky the female torchic, now a combusken. added poochyenna, later replaced by electrike named baby puppy. got a marill, named it baby ball, now azumarill. my HM Monkey, zigzagoon, is pulling his own weight. quiet boy the whismur needs some more training before he can do a serious battle,
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Tough master rank now completed, that's four pictures in the museum. I can almost taste that silver star card.

Did my usual berry cycle and daily events routine too, no win on lottery and of course mirage isle was nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPokemon View Post
    My just captured level 80 Careful natured Heracross just needs 20 more levels (after I train the rest of my team). Just one weird thing... I EV trained it's Defence (about 15 levels) and now it's higher then it's Special Defence..this would be a good thing, but it seems even though it is Carefuled Nature, it's Special Defence is still low.. I'm going to try to put more EV's in Special Defence when I get back training it again, but can does anybody know what is happening..?
    You might have an incredibly bad Special Defence IV and a good Defence one. I've had this too: a beneficial nature but the Pokemon having higher stats in another stat even though it should be higher.

Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast