Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2727

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Just remembered about my Leaf Green game! It's a Fire mono-type and I'm in the middle of training for Geovanni. My team is:

Volcano - Charizard lv52
    Calm Male
    Flamethrower
    Fly
    Slash
    Rock Slide

Fiera - Arcanine lv52
    Gentle Male
    Flamethrower
    Flame Wheel
    Aerial Ace
    Extremespeed

Ember - Ninetales lv55
    Quirky Male
    Flamethrower
    Will-o-Wisp
    Ember
    Quick Attack

Flicker - Flareon lv55
    Lonely Male
    Flamethrower
    Dig
    Bite
    Quick Attack

Solita - Rapidash lv55
    Docile Male
    Flamethrower
    Stomp
    Solarbeam
    Bounce

Larvae - Magmar lv53
    Docile Female
    Flamethrower
    Fire Punch
    Psychic
    Confuse Ray

I'm training everyone to lv55 for Geovanni and I will improve Ember and Flicker's sucky movesets.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Picked up my FireRed recently after solely concentrating on the SoulSilver main quest since March. I started this file near the start of 2009 as a Scramble Challenge and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. I even caught a random Shiny Growlithe along the way in Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion! Now I want to transfer my team as well as Growlithe to either XD or SoulSilver/Platinum in order to begin a new file. I've been training my team to an even level of 60 - 65 first and I did start training my Growlithe, but now it's reached Lv 40 from its original Lv 30, i've decided to let it learn moves from its better Gen IV movepool.

Team:
    Dino the Ivysaur - Lv 60
    Buzz the Beedrill - Lv 60
    Sparky the Pikachu - Lv 58/59
    Bottles the Dugtrio - Lv 57
    Eve the Eevee - Lv 55
    Glacia the Dewgong - Lv 58

FireRed:
    ~ Took Squirtle as my starter (Female)
    ~ Off to route 1. Trained a little bit there.
    ~ Reached Viridian City. Talked to the girl in the Pokémart who told me I had to give the item to Prof. Oak.
    ~ But first I caught a Spearow at route 22.
    ~ Back to Pallet Town. Handed over the item and got my PokéDex.
    ~ Trained Spearow and Squirtle.
    ~ Challenged and defeated Brock.
    ~ Got the running shoes. (yay!)

Now, it's time to defeat the trainers and make our way to Mt. Moon.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Just started my Leaf Green scramble challenge.

~Started the game, chose charmander. Quiet nature, i think.
    ~Easily beat my rival's Squirtle.
    ~Headed out of town, got a potion from some girl who works at the Pokemart.
    ~ made it to Viridian City, healed, got the package for Oak, and headed back to Pallet.
    ~Gave the parcel to the prof, got my dex, and, after a good hour of Rattata after Rattata on that route W of Viridian, caught a Jolly Mankey and an Adamant Spearow, woot.
    ~ Put Charmander in the box, and began training Mankey and Spearow.
    ~Headed into Viridian Forest to try to find a male Pikachu. Searched for about an hour now, with no luck (not even a female). Did manage to catch a Weedle and a Caterpie though.

Current Team:
    Mankey- KO Kinglvl 6, M, Jolly

Spearow- Destinylvl 6, F, Adamant

Get it? Spearow named Destiny...Spear of Destiny...yea, I know its not funny. Gimme a break.

Dex caught: 5
    My 3ds code: 0018-0562-9183; Friend Safari- Flying: Doduo, Woobat
    My wife's 3ds code: 0919-9995-7932; Friend Safari- Electric: Helioptile, Emolga

Please add us and PM me!

~After about two hours of searching, found my male Pikachu. Adamant. Nicknamed it Ameren, the name of the local power co.
    ~ Trained up team to lvl 9, then went W of Viridian to challenge my rival. Pikachu dropped him by itself.
    ~ Leveled Spearow and Mankey with the trainers in Viridian Forest.
    ~ Mankey brought down Brock single handedly.
    ~Fought through to Mt. Moon, went inside, caught a Paras (Naughty Nature, nicknamed Absolem, after the pipe smoking snail in Alice in Wonderland). Trained it up to match the rest of the team.
    ~ Fought through Mt. Moon. On the other side, had Pikachu learn Mega Punch, and Mankey learn Mega Kick. Caught a sandshrew. Currently training team to lvl 17 or 18 before heading to the bridge to fight my rival.

Badges: 1, Dex: 17 (everying possible to have at this point, without evolving anything, and yes, I bought the Magikarp, lol)

Current Team:
    Pikachu, Ameren, Male, Adamant, lvl 17
    Thundershock, Quick Attack, Mega Punch, Thunderwave

Paras, Absolem, Male, Naughty, lvl 17
    Scratch, Bullet Seed, Poison Powder, Stun Spore

Spearow, Destiny, Female, Adamant, lvl 16
    Peck, Fury Attack, Leer, Growl

Mankey, KO King, male, Jolly, lvl 16
    Scratch, Mega Kick, Karate Chop, Leer

Please add us and PM me!

Update!
    ~ Caught a Jigglypuff before heading off to Mt. Moon.
    ~ Jigglypuff was level 7, so I trained her untill she had the same level as my other Pokémon.
    ~ Off to Mt. Moon!
    ~ Defeated all the trainers and leveled all my Pokémon
    ~ Chose the Dome Fossil
    ~ Reached the end of Mt. Moon and made my way to Cerulean City
    ~ Talked to everybody and deciced to take on Misty
    ~ Defeated her, got the Cascade Badge
    ~ Defeated my rival and the 5 trainers after him.
    ~ Caught my fourth team member, Oddish.
    ~ Training Oddish untill she has the same level as my other party members

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

~ Trained up team to lvl 17, took out rival, and made my way up Nugget bridge, and over to Bill's house. Caught a Bellsprout while I was up there, but wasnt able to find an Abra.
    ~ Beat Misty with Pikachu and Paras.
    ~Caught a Meowth on my way down to Vermillion, along with another Spearow, to trade for Farfetch'd.
    ~Got the Bike Voucher, and immeditely went back to get the bike.

Dex: 18?, Badges: 2

Please add us and PM me!

So I got bored with my old scramble, and started a new game. Named by character Laura after one of my best friends, and well let's just say I named her rival something not very nice.

~Anyways, I kept SRing for a Quiet natured Bulbasaur, but I ended up settling for a Hardy female Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur fought valantly against Charmander, but a lucky critical hit knocked Bulbasaur out of the fight.
    ~Went up to Viridian City and got the Oak's Parcell from the clerk at the PokeMart and brought it back to Professor Oak in Pallet Town.
    ~For my errand I received a PokeDex and I received five pokeballs from his assistant.
    ~I headed North and caught myself a Ratata and a Pidgey to add to my PokeDex, but quickly deposited them in the PC in Viridian City.
    ~I headed West and caught a Mankey and Spearow again for my PokeDex, but decided to keep Mankey with me instead.
    ~After healing up my Pokemon, I headed back to the PokeMart to buy some more Pokeballs.
    ~I headed North again to Viridian Forest where I managed to catch a Weedle, Caterpie, and Pikachu. I fought the trainers in the Viridian Forest and my Bulbasaur began to level up.
    ~I barely made it through the Viridian Forest and quickly headed to the PokeCenter to heal up my hurt Pokemon.
    ~After getting my pokemon back to health, I set of to the Pewter City gym, where my first gym battle was to take place.
    ~The first trainer was absolutely no match for my Bulbasaur as Vine Whip OHKO both of his pokemon. Brock was next.
    ~He first sent out Geodude and I sent out Bulbasaur and Vine Whip did quick work of Geodude. Next he sent out Onix, as I left Bulbasaur. A Poison Powder+Leach Seed is a deadly combo as it was sappipng Onix's HP, but I decided to make it go faster and used Vine Whip that ended things. I had won my first badge.
    ~After winning my first badge, I headed East and started battling trainers there. After a couple of battles, my Bulbasaur evolved into an Ivysaur.
    ~After battling through the trainers, I made it to the grass where I caught a Jigglypuff and Nidoran F, but the Nidoran M proved to be hard to find.
    ~I went into Mount Moon to do some preliminary exploratory work and came back after I caught a Zubat, Paras, and Geodude.
    ~I even got ripped off and bought the Magikarp from the guy in the Poke Center near Mt. Moon.

Mankey (F, Lv. 8, Gentle)
    @ Scratch, Leer, Low Kick

Magikarp (M, Lv. 5, Sassy)
    @ Splash

Ivysaur (F, Lv. 17, Hardy)
    @ Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

Dang, I haven't gotten a new shiny on my FR/LG for a minute despite all the hunting I've done. It's been over two months since my shiny Heracross!

I'm at 22,000 encounters for a shiny Paras, 1770 encounters for a shiny Tangela, and 1000 encounters for Slugma. Paras is currently on hold while I alternate between Tangela and Slugma. After I get those two shinies, I believe I'll fish for a shiny Qwilfish on FR and Staryu on LG.

Edit: Got shiny Tangela after 2354 encounters!

Now I'll alternate between encounters for Slugma (1000) and encounters for Seel/Dewgong in Icefall Cave (2500).
    Last edited by ShinyFufu; 24th May 2010 at 6:39 AM.

Back to where I was.

~Made it through Mt. Moon barely. Luckily, Ivysaur was at a much higher level than the rest of the foes she faced.
    ~Made it to Cerulean City and healed my Pokes, than headed back West to catch a Sandshrew.
    ~Headed to Nugget Bridge and ran into my rival. He was just a pain in my butt, not hard, just annoying.
    ~Beat him and the rest of the guys on the Nugget bridge and beat the Rocket for a nugget.
    ~Caught a Bellsprout and Abra. Boy was that Abra hard to catch, but I got a Synchronize Abra with a Mild nature.
    ~Beat the rest of the trainers along the route and talked to Bill, getting the S.S. Anne ticket in the process.
    ~Beat the other Rocket trainer in the person's backyard and got the TM.
    ~Made my way to the Daycare Center where I put Abra in there until it was at Lvl. 15. Did the same for Magikarp until Lv. 19. Than let them battle to evolve.
    ~Headed to Vermillion City and got the Bike Voucher and quickly returned to Cerulean City to turn that into a Bike.
    ~Made it back to the Diglett Tunnel and caught a Diglett with Dig.
    ~Beat all the trainers and my rival on the S.S. Anne to get HM 01 (Cut).
    ~Beat Lt. Surge to earn my third badge.
    ~Made it all the way through Rocket Tunnel catching a Voltorb, Machop, and Onix in the process.
    ~Saved at Lavender Town.

Pidgeotto (M, Lv. 23, Jolly)
    @Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Pikachu (F, Lv. 23, Mild)
    @Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, Thunderwave

Gyarados (M, Lv. 22, Sassy)
    @Splash, Tackle, Bite

Kadabra (M, Lv. 24, Mild)
    @Teleport, Confusion, Reflect, Psybeam

Ivysaur (F, Lv. 27, Hardy)
    @Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

I started my FR, and decided on a Poison monotype challenge, how creative. I've never trained a Poison type that wasn't part of a dual type, so I figured it would give me a chance to try out Muk, Weexing, and the like.

Picked the guy, and named him Jack. Named my rival Gary (he's always named Gary), and Prof. Oak let me choose a starter. I chose Bulbasaur, settled on a Brave nature. Lost to Gary and his Charmader, luckily Prof. Oak had my back, moola-wise. Went to the Viridian City PokeMart, got the Package, and talked to Oak. He gave me the Pokedex, and I caught a few pokemon. Traded in a Tentacool, and went to Viridian Forest, caught a Hardy Weedle, and currently training them.

Bulbasaur level 10
    Kakuna level 8
    Tentacool level 5

So here's my first update for my Poison monotype challenge.

EDIT: I trained them to level 10, with Weedle becoming Beedrill finally. Defeated my rival easily with Tentacools Bubblebeam. Made it through Viridian Forest quickly, caught a Pikachu, and trained my team to level 13. Beat Liam in the Gym, and challenged Brock. Bulbasaur took out Geodude with Vine Whip, and Onix was KOd by Bubblebeam from Tentacool. Got my Boulder Badge and TM, so I rushed to add new members to the team, specifically a Serious NidoranF and a Hardy NidoranM. Trained them to catch up with the rest, and am currently going through Mt. Moon. Bulbasaur, and both Nidorans evolved.

Ivysaur level 16
    Beedrill level 15
    Tentacool level 15
    Nidorino level 16
    Nidorina level 16

Going to add Ekans as soon as possible. So far enjoying this challenge, but not looking forward to Sabrina.

EDIT2: Finally made it out of Mt. Moon, and hit the Pokemon Center. Left an open slot and went to catch an Ekans. Found a level 8 Intimidate Ekans, and trained it to level 18 along with the rest of my team. Battled Gary, Ekans had some fun thanks to Bite and Poison Sting. Beat all the trainers along Nugget Bridge, and got the Nugget. Beedrill finally learned a STAB, in the form of Twineedle. Went to Bill's House, and my team reached level 21. Went to the Gym to beat Misty, it was easy, Ivysaur destroyed Staryu with Vine Whip, and Beedrill 2HKO'd Starmie with Twineedle, first time I used it and it Poisoned it. Saved, and turned it off.

Ivysaur level 21
    Beedrill level 21
    Nidorina level 21
    Nidorino level 21
    Ekans level 21
    Tentacool level 21
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 31st May 2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Just defeated Gary aka cockface at Cerleaun(thats what I nicknamed him btw)

Pidgetto lvl 22
    Wartortle lvl 22

where my brahs at?

Restarted my FireRed this morning

-Did the usual starting stuff. Named myself Billy (no reason, just a random name) and my rival Gary. My Squirtle totally made Garys Bulbasaur his bit*h.
    -Fought wild pokes while traveling to Viridian and back.
    -Received my Poke balls, caught a Pidgey and leveled it to lv. 7
    -Caught an Adamant (yay ^^) Mankey and leveled my team to levels 9,9 and 10, Squirtle being the lv. 10.
    -Owned Gary again.
    -Next stop: Viridian Forest and Pewter City. I doubt Brock will put up much of a fight.

Current Location: Viridian City
    Current Team:

Mankey Lv. 9
    -Low Kick
    -Scratch
    -Leer

Pidgey Lv. 9
    -Gust
    -Tackle
    -Sand-Attack

Squirtle Lv. 10
    -Bubble
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Withdraw

I'm thinking about getting an Arcanine and an Exeggutor for my team later on
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

I'm currently training for the elite 4 (1st go-around) on One Island, just rebattling the fighting-type trainers around the Ember Spa. After I got destroyed by my rival Gary (I didn't even get past his first pokemon), it was obvious my pokemon were way underleveled and I lacked a good electric type. So, I went to the power plant and caught an electabuzz, and now here I am training him and the others.

Current Location: Kindle Road, One Island

Current Party:
    Pidgeot Lv. 38
    Arcanine Lv. 38
    Blastoise Lv. 40
    Hypno Lv. 40
    Primeape Lv. 37
    Electabuzz Lv. 40

A rather large update this time.

-Fought my way through Viridian Forest
    -Mankey easily defeated Brock
    -Battled every trainer along the road to Cerulean City. Squirtle and Pidgey evolved on the way
    -Leveled my team up a bit before battling Gary
    -Pidgeotto managed to defeat Gary by himself
    -Battled my way through to Bills house and got the S.S. Ticket
    -Challenged Misty. Mankey took out her Staryu and managed to land one Mega Punch on Starmie. Wartortles Bite finished it
    -Traveled south to Vermilion city, fighting every trainer along the way
    -Battled trainers east of Vermilion nad leveled up my team a bit in Diglett's Cave
    -S.S. Anne was easy. Mankey defeated Gary by himself, and evolved into Primeape
    -Got HM01 and battled all trainers aboard
    -Caught Meowth as a cutter
    -Primeape defeated Lt. Surge
    -Battled my way to the entrance of Rock Tunnel

-In Rock Tunnel, something totally insane and epic happened. My Primeape, then levelel 28, Singlehandedly sweeped its way through all trainers and battled every wildie I encountered (except Zubats) and emerged victorious. It was so sweet seeing him brickbreak-karatechop-megapunch-rockslide his way through everything the cave and its trainers had to throw at it. When I finally emerged from the other side, Primepape had 2 hp left, and about 4-7 PP left in all its moves. But he gained 5 levels in the process. Awesome.
    (After this, I visited the Name Rater and renamed him KickAssAPE)

-Caught a Growlithe in the grass west of Lavender.
    -Owned the Rocket base in Celadon. Pidgeotto and Primeape owned Gary
    -Trained Growlithe to level 31 against the ghosts
    -Saved Mr. Fuji
    -Growlithe defeated the entire Celadon Gym with its Flame Wheel
    -Got HM02
    -Defeated the trainers on cycling road

Current location: Fuchsia City
    Current team:

KickAssAPE Lv. 36
    -Brick Break
    -Mega Punch
    -Cross Chop
    -Rock Slide

Pidgeot Lv. 36
    -Wing Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Fly
    -Featherdance

Blastoise Lv. 38
    -Water Pulse
    -Bite
    -Protect
    -Water Gun

Growlithe Lv. 36
    -Flame Wheel
    -Take Down
    -Bite
    -Leer

Current Goal: Get Surf and Gold Teeth form the Safari Zone. Also, catch a Chlorophyll Exeggcute or my team.
    ---->

Just beat the "better" elite four after catching Mewtwo with my 5th Ultra Ball! Now onto training my squad!

Just reached team rocket celadon hq. Recently beat my rival at lavender town.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Been searching the Power Plant for a Magnet...still havent found one yet ;(

I really should get around updating a bit more often

-Went through the Safari Zone, got Surf, Gold Teeth and a Chlorophyll Exeggcute
    -Taught Exeggcute Psychic, trained it to lv. 37 (for Sleep Powder) at the cycling road, and evolved it
    -Leveled up my entire team to levels 38-41 for Koga. Exeggutor ended up owning him singlehandedly
    -Traveled to Saffron to kick some Rocket grunt butt
    -As usual, battled every single rocket inside the building
    -Defeated rival Gary easily
    -Same for Giovanni
    -Flew to Pallet, surfed south to Cinnabar, battling trainers along the way. Battled some more trainers before entering the Mansion, where against the wildies, Growlithe finally grew to lv. 49 and learned Flamethrower. Immediately after that, I used my Fire Stone on it and it also learned Extremespeed

Current Location: Pokemon Mansion
    Current Goal: Get through the Mansion, finish up Exeggutors moveset and earn my seventh badge.
    Current Team:

Exeggutor Lv. 47
    -Psychic
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion

KickAssAPE Lv. 47
    -Brick Break
    -Bulk Up
    -Cross Chop
    -Rock Slide

Arcanine Lv. 49
    -Flamethrower
    -Extremespeed
    -Bite
    -Take Down

Blastoise Lv.48
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Ice Beam
    -Strength

Pidgeot Lv. 46
    -Return
    -Wing Attack
    -Fly
    -Featherdance
    ---->

I restarted my LeafGreen and chose Squirtle.
    -Caught a Spearow, Mankey, Rattata, and Pikachu.
    Currently on mt. moon.

Current team
    Squirtle lv.14
    Spearow lv.12
    Mankey lv.12
    Rattata lv.12
    Pikachu lv.12

I'm also thinking of catching a Diglett for my 6th team member.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

Update on my FireRed file

-Finished the mansion quest/thing, battled all trainers inside
    -Used my Solarbeam and Sunny Day TMs on Exeggutor
    -Blastoise singlehandedly defeated the entire Cinnabar Gym
    -Met Bill, and traveled with him to One Island
    -Completed the sidequest, and returned to Cinnabar with Bill
    -Immediately traveled back to One Island to fight the trainers there
    -Leveled up my team a bit
    -Traveled to Viridian City
    -The gym trainers of Viridian didn't put up much of a fight
    -To be fair, neither did Giovanni. Exeggutor swept his entire team

Current Location: Viridian City pokemon center
    Current Goal: Defeat Gary, travel through Victory Road, level up my team by about 10 levels each, beat up the E4
    Current Team:

Exeggutor Lv. 50
    -Solarbeam
    -Psychic
    -Sunny Day
    -Sleep Powder

Pidgeot Lv. 49
    -Return
    -Wing Attack
    -Fly
    -Featherdance

Primeape Lv. 51
    -Brick Break
    -Bulk Up
    -Cross Chop
    -Rock Slide

Arcanine Lv. 51
    -Flamethrower
    -Extremespeed
    -Bite
    -Take Down

Blastoise Lv. 52
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Ice Beam
    -Strength
    ---->

Post LX Entry 0

Alright, Since I'm bored of Heartgold and just transferred all of my Pokemon to it from Fire Red, I'm gonna restart my adventure :]
    I Look forward to raising a team of Pokemon,that I had not my first time through.
    The 1st time I just merely Picked My Favorites,well this run..this run will be different.
    I will have no problem picking the ugly,ruthless creatures that I used to skip.
    This time, they will be my team.
    And Since I don't need to transfer anyhing else,I won't worry about the Pokedex at all..So I actually look forward to just having maybe, 1 Box full of Pokemon and that's it.
    Makes it More Realistic,and by Realistic , I mean more closer to the Anime,as that would be the only "Real" counterpart to the games.
    Also thought about doing a Nuzlocke Run..but..meh, I don't think so.To much time consuming.
    I think I'd try that with Emerald.But for now,I'm gonna go with Fire Red.
    Last edited by lethal Xsanity; 25th June 2010 at 1:43 AM.

Today I started over on my Leaf Green. I choose Bulbasaur and easily got through the first three gyms. I'm going to try to avoid trainers because I already have a Venusaur at lvl 37... Unfortunately with the team i have picked out I'm not going to get my second pokemon until i can get eevee/Hitmonlee. After I get to move snorlax I will be able to get the rest of my team: Jynx, Doduo, and Dragonair.

Leaf Green:
    Badges: 8, E4 complete: 21:49

HeartGold:
    Badges: 8, Post E4

Mystery Dungeon Red: &

Just started to regularly play LeafGreen again years after I started the game.
    Used the VS Seeker to level up my team to about level 50, then got bored and tried to take a chance at the Elite Four. I managed to beat them all, though the rival stalled by using a few Full Restores on his last Pokemon, which I believe was a Pidgeot. I was pleasantly surprised as all of my Pokemon were leveled below all of those used by the Elite Four. My team was:

lv. 50

lv. 50

lv. 49

lv. 50

lv. 49

lv. 49

Then I had to catch 10 more Pokemon to get my Pokedex to 60 so Professor Oak could upgrade it.

Now going to work on catching the legendaries, and then might restart the game so I can try the scramble challenge.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast