Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2545

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I battled Gary two times in Cerulean City, but as I lost both times, I decided to train some more.
    While I was training, I randomly found a shiny Rattata, which I named Rat. After getting all Pokémon to level 15 or above (Charlie, my starter, was level 18), I decided to try my luck again. This time I won, and when Charlie got to level 19, I finally let her evolve.

And here's some battle summary (though I don't exactly remember whether Rattata or Squirtle was first so I might confuse their order, and I also don't exactly remember which moves were used so this may be wrong as well) :
    1. >Cyclone/Rai vs. Pidgeotto
    After a short while, Cyclone's HP was beaten to 6, so I switched her out and called out Rai. It took him a ThunderShock and a Quick Attack to beat the Pidgeotto (Cyclone also beat down some of its HP before), but Rai had little HP left(yellow-colored). When the game offered me to switch as Gary would send out Rattata, I decided to fight rat with rat so I switched Rai for Rat.
    2. Rat vs. Rattata
    This one was probably one of the easiest. Hyper Fang beat down all but 1HP of the foe, and the next move, which was Quick Attack, obviously finished it off. Gary's next Pokémon was Squirtle, so I sent out Rai.
    3. Rai/Nido/Charlie vs. Squirtle
    Rai, who had little HP left from his previous battle, only lasted one turn in which he, logically, used ThunderShock. When he fainted, I sent out Charlie (to fight Starter with Starter). However, she was quickly down to red-color of HP, so I switched her for Nido. He almost beat Squirtle with Double Kick and also left it poisoned, but then he was taken down. As Squirtle would definitely faint at the end of turn due to poisoning, I switched Charlie out again, just to make it look like she was the one who beat Squirtle. I also left her to the end; Gary's next Pokémon was Abra.
    4.Charlie vs. Abra
    This one was easy. Abra's only move is Teleport which can't do any damage whatsoever, and it was beaten with two turns (Ember, if I remember correctly. Or maybe Scratch.. or both?). Charlie leveled up and now she knows Smokescreen instead of Growl.

I finally let Charlie evolve after this battle. I got a Fame Checker, and also the ability to go to that route over the bridge. So I'll battle all these trainers and get to Bill and catch all Pokémon on that route which can possibly be found, train them to level 15 or higher, and then I'll challenge Misty. I hope I'll be able to do this all today, but I probably won't, as the training may take quite some while, depending on how many new Pokémon I get.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

I kept traveling towards the Cerulean Cape area, and I had to battle against more trainers along the way, which wasn't that bad since it gave me time to train my newly-captured Oddish. I eventually reached the cape and I visited Bill's Cottage. I helped him with his experiment, and then I was given the ticket for the S.S. Anne. I left the cottage after that and returned to Cerulean City. I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, than I bought some items before leaving town. I had to go through the house that had been robbed by Team Rocket, and then I battled against a Team Rocket grunt outside. I headed south toward Route 5 after that ordeal, and I visited the local Day Care Center there. I left a Pokemon at the Day Care, and then I arrived at the Underground Path. I entered it, and I walked all the way to Route 6 using that tunnel. I saved there.

I play every day, but didn't post here since last time..
    So. After successfully passing the Nugget Bridge, catching three more Pokémon (One female Abra which I nicknamed Casey- which is its Japanese name- and two Oddish - I named the female Shy Flower and the male Grass Weed) and getting to Bill, I finished my training which was pretty fast done as I only had little Pokémon left to train so I could do this on the way to Bill's house and back. Then I challenged Misty and lost, but only because Gliter, my Butterfree, was tired of previous battles in her GYM. Next time I challenged her, it was quite difficult, but I did it. This time however, a lot of switching was done on my side.
    I challenged her with these Pokémon:
    Gliter Lita Shy Flower Rai Grass Weed Charlie

Battle Summary (note that the summary of the battle with Starmie may be confusing because I might have skipped a few turns while writing this) :
    1. Staryu
    First, I put it to sleep with Sleep Powder. Then I switched in Lita, but Staryu immediately woke up. Lita only lasted two turns as Staryu's Water Pulse is a really strong move - but she got Staryu's HP low enough that Misty had to use a Super Potion on it!
    When Lita fainted, I switched Gliter back in and used Sleep Powder again, but this time I didn't switch him - I used Confusion until Staryu was down; it took about 3 turns.
    2. Starmie
    I kept Gliter in battle, and as you may have expected I put Starmie to sleep with Sleep Powder, then I switched in Shy Flower. She could do two Absorbs before Starmie woke up, and then she was almost beaten with Swift. So I used a Super Potion on her, and switched her for Gliter. Again, I put Starmie to sleep, and then used Confusion for a while. I got Starmie's HP pretty low, but it woke up and almost beat Gliter. This time I used PoisonPowder, and I also used a Super Potion on Gliter, but another Water Pulse again almost got him, so I switched him for Rai. Unfortunately Rai could only last a single Water Pulse from Starmie, but now its HP was so low that all I had to do was put Grass Weed in the battle, and Starmie fainted from the poison! When it did, Grass Weed and Gliter both advanced a level - Gliter got to level 18 while Grass Weed is 16 (Gliter was also the one who beat the two Trainers I battled before Misty, and he advanced a level in each of them).

Once that was done, I healed my Pokémon and continued to Vermilion City, and got a Meowth along the way. I nicknamed her Diana, and returned to Cerulean City so I could put her in my Party and also heal everyone else. I decided not to go to the Underground path until I get Diana to level 15. After I did, I went along the Underground Path and looked for hidden items, but I couldn't find any so I gave up. I'll come back there once I get an Itemfinder.

On the way to Vermilion City, I avoided all Trainer Battles that I were possible to avoid, as I would fight them latter. In Vermilion City I changed my Party, and I also got a VS Seeker, a Bike Voucher and an Old Rod. So I got back to Cerulean City for a bike, then came back to Vermilion, went fishing, and captured a male Magikarp which I nicknamed Rage, the nickname didn't really fit but it would fit its evolution well. I also went to Diglett Cave where I caught a Diglett and nicknamed him Digdug. (Maybe not in that exact order, though.)

Then I went back to Route 6 to challenge all the Trainers I had previously avoided, and after that I did some training on that same route against same trainers, using VS Seeker to re-challenge them. I want to have all, or, at least, most of my Pokémon to get to level 20 (for Charlie, it's 25) before going to S.S. Anne. I already trained some of them to that level, but not all. Rage, Rino and Casey evolved in the process.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

I've just begun my LG version, to 'rival' Drummerdudes runthrough.

Started the game as SnivyTR, and my rival Colourd (as the names are generally Red / Blue / Green / Yellow etc). Screwed my mother over, as she ignored me, and headed out to get myself eaten by Ratattas (I'd had a bad day). But before I could, Some dude on my screen named OAK stopped me. Turns out he wanted to give me a Pokemon, along with his grandson Colourd. I chose Bulbasaur, and he chose Charmander. We battled, and my dinosaur beat the **** out of his lizard. We headed off and got to Viridian City, got a package, headed home, got Bulbasaur to level 8, and OAK gave my back his package, saying it was for me. Great, OAK, next time tell me when you do that.

I got back to Viridian City, and headed to route 22. There I trained, until I saw it. A Spearow, a Pokemon I'd never seen or used before! I caught it, and trained it. I then saved.

, level 8
    , level 7

After arriving at Route 6 by traveling through the Underground Path, I started heading south towards Vermilion City. I battled some wild Pokemon along the way as well as some trainers, and then I arrived in the city. I quickly headed to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after the journey, and then I went back outside to explore the town. I visited several houses and then I visited the local Poke Mart. I stocked up on items there, and then I headed back out to Route 6 to do a little training. I captured some new Pokemon as well, and then I went back to Vermilion City to rest. I eventually arrived at the harbor, and I boarded the S.S. Anne there. I walked around a bit until I reached the cabins. I battled some trainers inside, and then I visited the deck of the ship. I also got to explore the kitchens, and I got some items there. I saved the game before heading down.

I went ahead and defeated my rival near the Pokemon League for experience and once Weedle knocked out his Bulbasaur it evolved into Kakuna! With nothing left to do but progress I headed back to the Viridian Forest. Pidgey did most of the work with its newly learned Gust and took out most of the trainers but Kakuna took part in its share of battles as well. Near the end of the forest Kakuna evolved into Beedrill! I exited the forest to find myself in Pewter City and since there isn't much to do there I went straight to the gym. Squirtle took out the gym trainer and learned Water Gun after that battle which only made the fight with Brock easier. Two Water Gun's and I had my first gym badge!

When I tried to continue to Route 3 I was stopped by one of Professor Oak's aides. He gave me the Running Shoes which ended up being a gift from my mother. I used those to move between the trainers on this route more quickly. Once they were all defeated I entered into Mt Moon and battled the first couple of trainers before training Squirtle against the wild Pokemon so it could evolve into Wartortle! I took a break after the evolution.

Current LeafGreen Team

Lv16
    Lv16
    Lv13
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I went and trained my team to level 8, and cleared out Viridian Forest. I beat Brock (Bulbasaur wrecked) and trained to level 16 in Mt. Moon (so Bulbasaur evolved!). My team eventually got to level 20, which meant Spearow evolved too! Misty was easy- Fearow destroyed Staryu and Ivysaur beat Starmie. I went and did Nugget Bridge, got the S.S Ticket from Bill, and battled some trainers on the route above Vermillion City.

Team:
    Level 24
    level 24

I struggled through Mt Moon, or rather, Beedrill struggled through Mt Moon. I have never seen Fury Attack only hit 2 times so many times! I would fight maybe one or two trainers before having to leave to heal it. For some reason Team Rocket was in the cave but I am not to sure what they were doing there exactly. I beat a maniac near the end of the cave and he let me take one of his fossils so I grabbed the Helix because that was the first one I touched. I exited the mountain and then found myself in Cerulean City. I grabbed the Rare Candy from behind the weird badge guys house and then tried to cross a nice looking bridge before being stopped by my rival.

He wanted to battle so I accepted the challenge. Wartortle brought the pain against Pidgeotto with the mighty Water Gun attack. Pidgey managed to defeat Bulbasaur with a few Gusts and then Beedrill beat both Rattata and Abra with Poison Sting and Fury Attack. After the battle Pidgey started glowing and evolved into Pidgeotto! My rival stormed off in a fit of rage and I continued up through the Nugget Bridge beating various Lasses and Bug Catchers until I claimed my Nugget and stood victorious on the other side. I walked in the grass and found my fourth team member (Suck it snivy trainer!), a Bellsprout. I began training it against some the trainers nearby before taking a break.

Current LeafGreen Team

Lv19
    Lv20
    Lv19
    Lv17
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I'm currently clearing out Silph Co. to gain experience, focusing on my Raichu and Poliwhirl. My exp. share was attached to Haunter, but I realised that it's also Poison type so Sabrina will be super effective. I put him away and bought a Dratini from the Game Corner, which will be part of my future team. I tried to find a Pokemon that is super effective against her, but I've decided to just use my entire team to defeat her.

Current team:

Charizard Lv. 36
    Pidgeot Lv. 36
    Raichu Lv. 35
    Poliwhirl Lv. 34
    Haunter Lv. 29
    Primape Lv. 36

Suck on this Drummerdude!

I went and trained on the S.S Anne, and got the HM Cut. Taught this to my HM Pokemon- Paras. I went through Diglet Cave and got my 3rd member- Mimien the Mr. Mime! I trained Mimien on route 3/4 (the one below Mt. Moon) and got him to level 14. Then I trained him west of Vermillion, and got him to level 23. I then beat L.T Surge with Mr. Mime, with a Substitute+Confusion combo. Then I went through Dark Cave, and got my team to level 33 afterwards, so Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur!

I then arrived in Celadon city, and got the Eevee as my 4th member! I also bought an evolutionary stone, but that shall remain quiet for now. I then challenged, and beat, Erika, with Fearows Fly attack and Mimiens Psybeam. I then evolved my Eevee, into... Vaporeon! I also taught my new member Water Pulse. Then I saved.

Team:
    level 34
    level 35
    level 35
    level 28

I battled against more trainers as I headed down to the lower floors of the S.S. Anne. After battling the sailors in their rooms, I headed toward the captain's room, only to be stopped by my rival and challenged to a battle. My Pokemon were weakened, so the battle was really intense, but I managed to defeat his Pokemon eventually. I was finally able to enter the captain's room, and I helped him get over his seasickness. I obtained the Cut HM from him after that, and I taught the move to my Oddish. I then left the S.S. Anne and it sailed away. I healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center, and then I bought some items. I had Oddish cut down the tree that was near the Vermilion City Gym so that I could enter the building. Once inside, I battled against the Gym trainers and I struggled to solve the Gym puzzle. I had to heal my Pokemon again before solving it. Then I saved the game.

I continued along until I reached Bill's house and helped him become human again. He thanked me by giving me the SS Ticket. With that done I went to the gym. Bellsprout took out the two trainers with ease before I challenged Misty. Bellsprout beat her Staryu and Beedrill defeated Starmie with Twineedle. I got the badge and then beat the lone Rocket and received Dig. Then it was through an Underground Tunnel and into Vermillion City.

Before going to the boat I headed east and battled all the trainers over there for experience and during those battles Bellsprout evolved! Then I went to the SS Anne and battled everyone including my rival. After helping out the old captain I got Cut and left the boat and went through Diglett's Cave so I could get Flash. When I returned I went to the Vermillion Gym. Beedrill swept the entire gym, excluding a lone Magnemite, with Twineedle. Easy victory. I returned to Cerulean and went east until I reached the Rock Tunnel where I took a break.

Current LeafGreen Team

Lv27
    Lv26
    Lv26
    Lv26
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

This morning, in FireRed, while I was pushing boulders in Victory Rd, I was like, "What if I find a shiny here? Will I attack it? What if it was an Onix? Hm... I know! I'll just have Blastoise tackle it!"
    then when I reached the near end, I encountered this... I was all "FFFF" *masterballs it* XD

I thought it was going to Self Destruct... so yeah.. My mistake. i didn't have WiFi then to check >.>

Going to clone it, evolve it to Steelix, then migrate them :3 First I have to beat my Emerald....>.> 4th badge, nya~

I started a new game on LG and gonna try to catch up with Drummerdude and Snivy Trainer
    Chose Charmander to finish the trio and managed to do all the stuff at the beginning. Eventually caught a Mankey and trained it to level 10, then defeated Gary. I stopped and saved though, since Im playing a lot of games atm (HG, White, Pt, Mistery Dungeon, Ruby, LG XD)

Team
    Lv 10
    Lv 10

The chosen ones

Oh wow TheSirPeras. Good luck!

Anyway, Mimien wasn't working out, so I put him in the PC. I trained Vaporeon to level 35 (at this point Giovanni was defeated and i was halfway through Lavender towers place (with the zombie people and the Gastly/Cubone). I then got to Fuchesica, and then flew to Cerulean to get to Saffron City. I got Fearow to level 38, and Venusaur to level 38, and beat the Karate dudes. I then got... Hitmonlee! I saved afterwards.

Team:
    Level 38
    Level 38
    Level 38
    Level 25

i was playing Heart gold training my team in kanto and i started to really miss Red/Blue days. so i saved my game and dusted off my Fire red game and started it over, seeing as i only had 1 badge i wasnt losing much.lol im currently debateing on my starter. i really dont know wich one i want, its either Squirtle or Bulbasuar. super hard choice to who will lead my team to victory against the Evil Team Rocket and the Elite 4 on my journey to become a pokemon master!!

well i chose Squirtle!! right after i caught Pidgey i trained both to like 13 then faced Brock. it was an easy 2-0 with squitles Water gun. right before getting to Mt. moon i got a Nidoran(Female) and Evolved Squitle to Wartortle and im now currenlty watching my pidgey evolve into Pidgeotto. now into training Nidoran to Nidorina in Mt. moon.

Current Team:
    lv.18
    lv.18
    lv.14

Edit2:

Beat everyone in cerulean city. caught an Abra, about to fight Misty!

Current Team:
    lv.21
    lv.20
    lv.20
    lv.18
    Last edited by Falco320; 22nd September 2012 at 8:11 AM.

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

After defeating Gary in Viridian CIty, I went up to Pewter City, going through the forest first. It was a good place to train, getting Mankey to level 13 and Charmander to level 12. With those levels, I challenged Brock. I beat him easily, thanks to Mankey. I received my first badge, and kept going to the next gym. Before going in the Mt Moon, Charmander evolved into Charmeleon. I walked in and battled every trainer there, and when I left, my Mankey was level 19, while my Charmeleon was level 19 as well. I finally arrived in Cerulean City and challenged Misty, which did not end well. I tried again, and lost again. So I went for some training and defeated everyone in the Nugget Bridge, getting Mankey to level 24 and Charmeleon level 20. So with these levels I challenged her again. The 3 times I challenged Misty, her stupid Starmie confused me with Water Pulse, and Mankey was a noob and hit himself everytime. So, I decided to take a break from Misty.

Team
    Lv 20
    Lv 24

The chosen ones

currently training for my battle against Lt. Surge! about to go to the SS. Anne.

Current Team:
    lv.23
    lv.22
    lv.22
    lv.22

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Well after Mankey got to level 25 things went a different way and I managed to beat Misty, using Mankey (and a couple of Super Potions). I received the second badge, put Charmeleon in front and went to route 25, to battle everyone. I skipped a couple of trainers though, for next team member to battle. Stopped and saved though.
    Team
    Lv 21
    Lv 25

The chosen ones

well after some training i went into the SS. Anne and got TM-Cut by defeating gary...I think i killed his Raticate.lol anyways i also beat LT. Surge and now about to go through the dreadful rock tunnel! ugh!.lol

Current Team:
    lv.30
    lv.26
    lv.26
    lv.26

Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

I played through my US LeafGreen again so I can reach my next target for shiny hunting. I just finished the game yesterday.
    So far I can get 3 shinies: Squirtle (Now Blastoise), Lapras and random shiny Venonat. The Blastoise and Lapras are in the team.
    I can only get my team's levels to 60. And as usual Lance gave me a bit hard time w/ his dragons.
    But I really enjoyed the Elite Four battles, I always do. It's no fun if my team is over-leveled them.
    At the moment, I'm trying to cover the seven islands. My team are: Ferftoise - shiny Blaistoise, Islandia - shiny Lapras, Chun Li - Raichu, Gesha - Gyarados, Kara - Alakazam,, Lizbeth - Crobat.
    This is the first time in my history playing pokemon game, my in-game team are mostly female except the Blastoise.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Credits to FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar & broomstig for Master League bar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I have gotten 3 Badges so far in my LeafGreen playthrough.Today I went through Route 11 and Diglett's Cave and reached back to Pewter City.On Route 2,I couldn't receive the HM05 Flash because I hadn't caught even 10 Pokemon.So i went to some previous routes and caught some Pokemon.I now have 13 Pokemon and he gladly gave me HM05.But before going through the Rock Tunnel,I will travel again through the areas to catch the Pokemon which I have missed out on so that I can access the ItemFinder as well.

Team:

Charmeleon Lv.27 Male Timid (Ember/Metal Claw/Scratch/Scary Face) Ability:Blaze Held Item:None
    Mankey Lv.27 Male Jolly (Karate Chop/Seismic Toss/Low Kick/Fury Swipes) Ability:Vital Spirit Held Item:None
    Weepinbell Lv.27 Male Sassy (Vine Whip/Acid/Stun Spore/Sleep Powder) Ability:Chlorophyll Held Item:None
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I caught some other Pokemon which I had left out earlier but still couldn't manage 30 Pokemon for Itemfinder.I went to Route 9 defeating all the trainers and healed my Pokemon in the Pokemon Center.During the process,Mankey evolved into Primeape.I got Everstone from Oak's Aide.I saved the game.

Team:

Charmeleon Lv.29 Male Timid (Ember/Metal Claw/Scratch/Scary Face) Ability:Blaze Held Item:None
    Primeape Lv.28 Male Jolly (Karate Chop/Seismic Toss/Low Kick/Fury Swipes) Ability:Vital Spirit Held Item:None
    Weepinbell Lv.28 Male Sassy (Vine Whip/Acid/Stun Spore/Sleep Powder) Ability:Chlorophyll Held Item:None
    Last edited by amittal12; 2nd October 2012 at 5:49 PM.

Alright I decided to go with LG as one of my new challenges. I decided this would be my "normal" playthrough. For my starter I chose Squirtle, haven't used it in a long time so I figured I was overdue . I defeated my Rival. And went to do the whole oak's parcel thing. I got a town map from Daisy. And instead of using common sense I decided I would catch a Pidgey after I defeated my Rival a second time.. Well After I defeate my Rival (and got a pidgey) I healed my pokemon and went into the Viridian woods where I got a pikachu and decided to keep it. I went through the Viridian woods and arrived in Pewter City. Where Brock was easy with my Squirtle. After I defeated him I saved.

Team:

Squirtle Level 14
    -Tail Whip
    -Bubble
    -Withdraw
    -Watergun

Pidgey Level 10
    -Tackle
    -Sand-Attack
    -Gust
    -

Pikachu Level 10
    -Thundershock
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip
    -Thunder Wave
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 29th September 2012 at 12:50 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I went through the Rock Tunnel(I taught Primeape Rock Slide there) and reached Lavender Town.I went to the Pokemon Tower and easily defeated the Rival Red.Charmeleon defeated Pidgeotto with some Ember attacks taking very little damage from Gust.But it was defeated by some Water Gun by Wartortle while its Scratch did little damage to it.Wartortle was defeated by two Vine Whip by Weepinbell.Weepinbell then proceeded to defeated both Exeggcute and Kadabra with two Acid each.It used Sleep Powder to make Growlithe asleep.It did some damage with Acid but it woke up and did super effective damage with Ember.Both used the same attack again.Weepnibell finished it off with another Acid.Then I continued to defeat all the Channelers in the Tower.I tried to go the last floor to battle the Rocket Grunts but the Ghost didn't allow me(weird ghost!I am trying to help you and you are showing tantrums).So,I decided to save the game.

Team:

Charmeleon Lv.32 Male Timid (Ember/Metal Claw/Scratch/Scary Face) Ability:Blaze Held Item:None
    Primeape Lv.32 Male Jolly (Karate Chop/Seismic Toss/Low Kick/Rock Slide) Ability:Vital Spirit Held Item:None
    Weepinbell Lv.32 Male Sassy (Vine Whip/Acid/Stun Spore/Sleep Powder) Ability:Chlorophyll Held Item:None
    Last edited by amittal12; 2nd October 2012 at 5:49 PM.

Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast