Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2539

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Reyes' Journey, Part 9

Reyes had trained Voltorb up to be at the same level as the rest of his team members, and then he made a quick trip to Cerulean City to stock up on supplies. Then, Reyes headed into Rock Tunnel, which he had been putting off due to it's infamous status.

Butterfree was very helpful with Flash, and Reyes was able to see the Trainers in the cave so he could battle them.

After a few hours, Reyes managed to get out and rest up at Lavender Town. But even in the Pokemon Center, Reyes heard the rumors: Team Rocket had killed a Marowak, causing the Pokemon to go in an uproar.....

Team

Lv. 26 Lv. 26

Lv. 26 Lv. 26

Lv. 26 Lv. 26
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I paid the fee and I entered the Safari Zone in search of some wild Pokemon that I hadn't caught last time. I Surfed across one of the ponds and I eventually encountered a wild Tauros as I entered a new area. I successfully captured it with one Safari Ball, but my other attempts at catching Pokemon weren't successful. I tried to catch a Chansey and then a Scyther, but I failed both times. I went to fish for a Dragonair with my Super Rod in another pond but I didn't find one, so I just gave up. I left the Safari Zone and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I flew to Vermilion City again and I took the Seagallop ferry to Five Island. I Surfed to Resort Gorgeous again and I battled some trainers for some extra cash. I went to Lost Cave and I caught another Haunter. I then returned to Five Island and I traded the Haunter and evolved it into Gengar. I left the Pokemon Center afterwards.

Rattata is fun.

So far, journey continues. Nothing much happened. Went into and out of Mt. Moon, bashed a few Rockets, got a Fossil, reached Cerulean. Yeay. Met Bill and got an S.S ticket. Beat Misty, Rattata evolved into Raticate. Next stop... Vermillion, I believe.

I headed over to Four Island in order to pick up some Pokemon from the Day Care Center. I went to Icefall Cave afterwards to capture some Pokemon and then I left and I sailed back to mainland Kanto on the Seagallop ferry. I decided to train my Pokemon some more so I flew to Cerulean City and I went to Cerulean Cave since there were tons of powerful Pokemon inside that I could battle against to level up my team. I entered the cavern and I trained for about 30 minutes inside before I had to leave in order to heal my Pokemon. I went back to train after that and then I went around Kanto and I used the VS Seeker to re-battle some trainers on various routes. I continued training like that and I eventually headed back to Five Island in order to train there some more. I went island hoping after that and I trained on Six and Seven Island as well before saving the game on Three Island.

Got to Vermillion. Wheee. found a V.S Seeker, been abusing it quite a lot to level up Cate and Leon. Cleared up S.S. Anne and got HM01. After that, went through Diglett Tunnel and got a Diglett for Cut, and met Oak's aide. Turned out I only have 6 Pokemon entry in Dex, so went and did some catching to get Flash. Might continue up to 30 Pokemon to get the Itemfinder, but eh, won't really be bothered to.

Next up, Lt. Surge. Voltorb and Pikachu got bit a fainted (read: Hyper Fang'd to death). Raichu was a bit more problematic... Static paralyzed Leon and he ended up not attacking twice, but finally managed to kill Raichu with a Brick Break.

Next stop: Dark Tunnel (or whatever the name is. Slips my memory).

I restarted my game after trading away my strongest Pokemon to my main LeafGreen version. I chose to play as the male character this time and I chose my name and I awoke in my room in Pallet Town. I headed downstairs and after speaking with my mom, I headed outside. I went over to Professor Oak's lab after I almost walked into some tall grass, and I met my rival there as well. Me and him were told to choose our Starter Pokemon and I chose Squirtle and he chose Bulbasaur. We had a short battle after that and I defeated him. He left the lab and I headed out as well. I went north to Route 1 on my way to Viridian City where I had to obtain Oak's parcel. I battled some wild Pokemon along the route and I kept going until I arrived at my destination. I healed my Squirtle at the local Pokemon Center, then I picked up the Parcel at the local Poke Mart. I saved the game before leaving to Pallet Town.

Reyes' Journey, Part 10
    (Finally, I made time after my first week of working to get enough progress!)

After Reyes left the Pokemon Center, he headed to the Pokemon Tower, where Blue was waiting. This time, Raticate wasn't on his team (and he was in the Pokemon graveyard?), but Reyes still beat him!

Reyes then went along the boardwalk south of Lavender Town, only to be blocked by the same Snorlax that blocked Reyes at Vermilion City. So Reyes walked on to Route 11, where Mankey evolved and Reyes caught a Vulpix! Reyes switched around Vulpix for Clefable for a while After a while, Reyes went around with the VS Seeker to get Vulpix some training.

Reyes was blocked from Saffron City by a thirsty guard, so Reyes took the underground tunnel to Celadon City. Reyes visited the Celadon Mansion, and was given hot tea from the manager. Reyes was also offered an Eevee, but he refused.

Reyes went to the Saffron Gate and gave the guard the tea, who then let Reyes to go through. Team Rocket has taken control of the city, including the Gym and Silph Co. Reyes managed to get TM29 Psychic and taught it to Butterfree, however.

Now, Reyes is touring Celadon City, such as the Apartments, the Game Corner, and the Gym.

Team:

Lv. 28 Lv. 28 Lv. 27

Lv. 26 Lv. 28

Lv. 28 Lv. 28

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I headed back south to Route 1 after picking up Oak's special parcel at the Viridian City Poke Mart. I visited Oak's lab and I obtained some Poke Balls after that. After visiting my house one more time and I picking up the Town Map from Daisy's house, I headed north again to Route 1. I caught a wild Rattata and a wild Pidgey in the tall grass and I trained my Squirtle some more. I finally arrived in Viridian City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed north after that and I met an old man who gave me the Teachy. The path to Route 2 was finally unblocked and I headed north. I battled some wild Pokemon along the route and I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led to Viridian Forest. I arrived inside the forest and I started to battle against wild Pokemon and trainers. I picked up a items and then I caught a wild Pikachu that appeared and then I saved the game before continuing.

Reyes' Journey, Part 11

Reyes toured the sights of Celadon City, and he ended up getting HM02 Fly and a Coin Case. He also registered for the Gym there too.

Gym Battle 4: Erika vs.
    Winner: Reyes

After Butterfree and Vulpix's first Gym Battle, Reyes celebrated by going to the Game Corner, but a mysterious Team Rocket Grunt was in the way. Reyes battled him, and he found a secret base belonging to none other than Team Rocket! Reyes switched out Primeape for Clefable and infiltrated the Team Rocket Base. Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, showed up, and after Reyes defeated him, he found the Silph Scope. He had heard that Team Rocket had killed Marowak in the Pokemon Tower, and the ghosts were invisible. Reyes realized that the Silph Scope will aid Reyes in climbing Pokemon Tower to uncover the mystery of the dead Marowak. After buying a Fire Stone at the Celadon Dept. Store (for safe keeping), Reyes headed back to Lavender Town via Saffron City.

Team:

Lv. 30 Lv. 30 Lv. 29

Lv. 30 Lv. 29

Lv. 30 Lv. 30

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I continued traveling around the Viridian Forest and battling trainers and wild Pokemon. I eventually found the exit and I headed to the northern portion of Route 2 which was pretty short. I arrived in Pewter City after that and I quickly healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I wandered around Pewter City a bit and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I also visited the Pewter Museum of Science and I saw the stones and the rocket there. I headed back to the Viridian Forest after wards to train my Pokemon some more for the upcoming Pewter City Gym battle. I leveled up all of my Pokemon after training for an hour there, but I paid special attention to Squirtle since it was my most useful Pokemon for the upcoming Gym battle. I headed back to Pewter City and I went to the Gym. I battled against the Gym trainer inside and then I saved the game after healing my Pokemon.

Reyes' Journey, Part 12

Pokemon Tower. With the Silph Scope in hand, Reyes and his team traveled the tower, and along the way, the Channelers there were possessed by the spirit, causing Reyes to battle them to break the curse. One of the Channelers helped Voltorb evolve into Electrode! At the top of the tower, Reyes and Ivysaur fought the ghost of Cubone's mother and put her to rest by defeating her. Team Rocket was holding Mr. Fuji, the worker at the Volunteer House in Lavender Town hostage, so Reyes eradicated Team Rocket for him. Mr. Fuji, as thanks, gave Reyes the PokeFlute, and upon exiting, Reyes caught his last Pokemon in Kanto- Cubone!

While Reyes was in Lavender Town, he sold all his Pokeballs for more room as well as Nuggets and Awakenings (since the PokeFlute made them useless), and then Reyes went and awoke the slumbering Snorlax, where Primeape shone!

Reyes then headed back to Celadon City to awake the other Snorlax, and after doing so, opened the path to Cycling Road. But on Cycling Road, Reyes ran into a biker gang known as the Kanto Biker Federation, and they tried to steal Reyes' Pokemon as well as his bike. But thanks to Cubone, Butterfree, Primeape, and Electrode, Reyes got out safely. In fact, Cubone evolved into Marowak after a tough battle against a Biker's Muk!

Now, Reyes made it to Fuschia City, where the Safari Zone and Pokemon Gym await him....

Team

Lv. 31 Lv. 31 Lv. 31

Lv. 28 Lv. 31 Lv. 32

Lv. 32 Lv. 32

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

Tons of Geodude and Zubat later, with Picnickers and Hikers along the way, I finally got out of the Dark Tunnel. Met a nice guy who wanted to teach Rock Slide, but decided to hold it off for a little bit. Reached Lavender Town. Looked around, and decided to get a Shadow Ball TM first for Raticate, so went on to Celadon. Challenged Erika while I was there, then got a Coin Case and a whole bunch of coins, hidden and from the gamers. Bought up a few more to finally get 4500 coins (made me broke >.<) but finally Raticate got Shadow Ball ^.^

Next up, the Rocket Warehouse. Nothing much happened. Having only 2 Pokemon to train makes them level up so much faster; my team's level was 10 higher than Giovanni's, which made the battle pretty easy. Got the Silph Scope, so now I'm headed back to Lavender after getting Fly.

I headed over to the Pewter City Gym after I healed my Pokemon and I finally challenged Brock to a battle. I used my Rattata against his Geodude hoping that it would inflict some damage at least, but the battle didn't turn out in my favor so I used my Squirtle instead. I defeated Geodude with Bubble and I used Squirtle against Onix as well and I also defeated it with Water Gun. I obtained the Boulder Badge and the Gym's TM from Brock afterwards and I headed out to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I went south to Viridian Forest again in order to level up my other Pokemon, then I went back to Pewter City and I headed east to Route 3 after finishing everything in town. I obtained the Running Shoes from a guy there and I battled trainers on Route 3. I kept battling until I arrived at the base of Mt. Moon. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there and saved the game.

Reyes' Journey, Part 13

So, after battling a few Bird Catchers, Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur! Into Fuchsia City, Reyes visited the Warden- a poor old man that couldn't talk. He also went to the zoo when he heard of an interesting challenge. Apparently, whoever could get to the farthest corner of the Safari Zone would win a fabulous prize. Reyes decided to challenge it, and after three attempts, and a Exeggcute and Rhyhorn later, Reyes found the Gate House, where he got HM03 Surf, which was taught to Gyarados. Reyes also found the Warden's teeth, and in return, he received HM04 Strength, which he taught to Marowak. The Exeggcute and Rhyhorn that was caught was given to Prof. Oak for his studies.

At the Gym, Reyes found the invisible walls a challenge (and was confused that a bunch of Psychic types were in the Poison-type Gym?) But, the inevitable Gym Battle ensued:

Gym Battle 5: Koga vs.

The win and the Soul Badge wasn't won easily; in fact, it was such a close call, that Reyes decided to take the sea Route 19 and train a little there before traveling northward to Saffron, where the next Gym-and Team Rocket- awaits!

Team

Lv. 33 Lv. 33 Lv. 32

Lv. 33 Lv. 33 Lv. 32

Lv. 32 Lv. 33

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I bought a Magikarp from a man inside the Pokemon Center and then I headed out to Route 3 again to see if I could find a wild Jigglypuff. Once appeared eventually and I went back to the Pokemon Center afterwards to deposit it. I then went inside Mt. Moon. I battled some Zubat and Geodude when I entered and I caught a wild Clefairy. I encountered some trainers inside as well so I had to battle against them. I picked up some items and then I went out again to heal my Pokemon. I returned to the cavern and I caught a Paras and a Zubat as I went deeper into Mt. Moon. I eventually spotted some Team Rocket grunts inside the cave and I battled against them. I then found some fossils and I had to battle a Super Nerd in order to pick one. I chose to keep the Dome Fossil after that and I headed out of Mt. Moon and I arrived at Route 4, just west of Cerulean City. I saved the game there.

Reyes' Journey, Part 14

Before heading out to sea, Reyes found it was the perfect time to give Vulpix a Fire Stone, which allowed her to evolve to Ninetales! Then, with Gyarados, Reyes headed out to sea to battle Swimmers.

Along the way, the swimmers were challenging, and the team gained a few levels, but then Reyes hit Seafoam Islands. It was very cold there, and after Marowak's Strength knocked some boulders through the cave, the underwater current subsided, allowing Reyes to find one of the most Legendary Pokemon in Kanto:

Articuno. With the help from Electrode and Butterfree, Articuno was defeated, and it fled the cave. Reyes, happy that his team could defeat a Legendary Pokemon, returned to Fuschia City with a newfound hope. Reyes went to the Gate House on Route 15, and the binoculars gave view to Articuno, flying in the sky....

Team

Lv. 32 Lv. 34 Lv. 35

Lv. 33 Lv. 34 Lv. 34

Lv. 32 Lv. 34

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I arrived in Cerulean City and I visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I went to the Bike Shop afterwards but I couldn't purchase a Bike yet so I headed over to the Poke Mart and I stocked up on items while I was there. I headed to the Cerulean City Gym afterwards, but my Pokemon were so weak that I didn't bother battling against the Gym trainers yet and I decided to do some training on Route 4 before attempting to battle at the Gym. I spent about 45 minutes battling wild Pokemon in the tall grass and then I went back to Cerulean City. I returned to the Gym and I battled against the Gym trainers and then I went to Misty's spot. I challenged her and I used my Pidgeotto against her Staryu, then I switched to Paras in order to finish it off. I then used Pikachu against her Starmie and I won the battle with Thundershock. I won the Cascade Badge and the TM and I saved.

Reyes' Journey, Part 15

So Reyes is traveling north to Saffron City, and the way to go is Route 15-14-13. Along the entire three routes held the largest battle tournament in all of Kanto- bigger than the one at the S.S. Anne or the Nugget Bridge. A lot of Bird Catchers competed along with Reyes, as well as the infamous Kanto Rider Federation, whom Reyes had ran into before. With the help of his team, Reyes managed to defeat the entire Biker gang and the rest of the competitors, winning the cash prize of the tournament.

At the end of the tournament, Reyes ended up at Silence Bridge, where the sport fishermen were trying to land the big catch. Reyes found the tournament to be extremely helpful for his team. Now, Reyes took Silence Bridge to Lavender Town, then Lavender Town to Saffron City.

Now, Reyes needs to eliminate Team Rocket from the city, but the Fighting Dojo caught his eye....

Team

Lv. 36 Lv. 37 Lv. 34

Lv. 37 Lv. 36 Lv. 35

Lv. 36 Lv. 36

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I headed out of the Cerulean City Gym after I won the Cascade Badge from Misty. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I bought some more items before heading north to Route 24 and the Nugget Bridge area. I encountered my rival as I moved north and I battled against him. The battle was tough and my Pokemon got injured; I continued north after healing them again at the local Pokemon Center. I battled some trainers on the bridge and I eventually battled the disguised Team Rocket grunt at the end of said bridge. I arrived on Route 25 afterwards and I battled some more trainers along the path that led to Bill's Cottage. I eventually arrived there and I spoke to him inside. I helped him with his experiment and I obtained a ticket for the S.S. Anne ship that was docked in Vermilion City. I left Bill's house and I went south to Cerulean City. I arrived on Route 5 and I saved.

Reyes' Journey, Part 16

In Saffron City, Reyes trained at the Fighting Dojo, where he found out that it used to be the Saffron Gym, but Sabrina beat this gym out. Butterfree and Venusaur were both able to defeat the Pokemon Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, so Reyes felt confident to fight Team Rocket.

Getting into the Silph Co. Building was surprisingly easy; Reyes found a Card Key and was able to free all the workers and other Trainers from Team rocket. Reyes later found out that the Scientists at Silph conspired against the President and allowed Team Rocket to take over the company, and then the city.

Among the trapped Trainers was none other than Blue. Of course, he wanted a battle from Reyes, and Reyes happily complied. Beating Blue was a confidence booster for his big upcoming battle. Once Reyes got to the top floor, Giovanni was there, holding the President hostage. Primeape and Gyarados defeated Giovanni with ease, allowing Team Rocket to disband. The employees of Silph were so moved by Reyes' heroic act that they gave him a Lapras, which Reyes sent over to Bill with Exeggcute and Rhyhorn.

Saffron City was now at peace! People came out of their homes to congratulate Reyes, and Sabrina, the Gym Leader, promised a Gym Battle as a reward:

Gym Battle 6: Sabrina vs.

With the Marsh Badge in hand, Reyes is now one step closer to the Kanto Leaque! The next Gym is located on a little island called Cinnabar, so Reyes plans on a return trip to Pallet Town in order to get to the island.....

Team

Lv. 38 Lv. 38 Lv. 39

Lv. 38 Lv. 39 Lv. 39

Lv. 38 Lv. 38

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I headed south on Route 5 and I passed by the Day Care Center there. I didn't leave any Pokemon though; I just continued to the gatehouse that led to Saffron City but then I remembered that I couldn't pass through there yet. I took the Underground Path south to Route 6 and I battled some trainers there. I eventually arrived in Vermilion City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then explored the city a bit and I visited the Poke Mart and the Pokemon Fan Club. I headed to the harbor afterwards and I was allowed to board the S.S. Anne there. I wandered over to the kitchens first and I picked some items from the trash cans there, then I went out to the deck. I visited the various cabins after that and I battled some trainers in those. I collected some more items and then I battled the sailors in the other rooms and I saved the game before visiting the captain's chamber.

Reyes' Journey, Part 17

From Saffron, Reyes headed south to Vermilion City, then Northwest through Digglett Cave to get to Pewter City, then to Viridian, then, finally, to Pallet Town. Walking through Route 1 came memories of Reyes just starting out with Bulbasaur, and he noted how small the Route was since the last time he was here.

In Pallet Town, Reyes visited his mother, and checked out his room, and talked to Prof. Oak before heading south to Cinnabar Island. The swimmers along the route gave Venusaur some extra levels, though Reyes wouldn't use a Grass-type in a Fire-type Gym.

Upon arriving to Cinnabar, Reyes checked out the lab that Mr. Fuji at the Volunteer house created, and Reyes revived the Helix Fossil to an Omanyte, which he sent to Bill with the other Pokemon Reyes collected. Then, Reyes found the Gym locked (what's with the theme of locked gyms?!), but a Trainer tipped Reyes off, saying the key might be in the Pokemon Mansion, an abandoned building that used to serve as a lab.

In the mansion, Reyes took the oppurtunity to train with the wild Raticates and Grimers, and the burglars hanging around. Reyes also found a few scientific journals, mentioning the birth of Mewtwo. Reyes soon found the key and exited with an Escape Rope.

Reyes found that Blaine was a scientist, and that he loved quizzes. And his Gym reflected it; while acing the quizzes and battling the Trainers, Reyes made it to Blaine, where the following battle ensued:

Gym Battle 7: Blaine vs.

Reyes hoped that the last Gym, the Viridian Gym, would be unlocked now, so Reyes can finally get his 8th badge and participate in the Kanto League, but before heading north, Reyes surfed out to the Seafoam Islands again, battling the swimmers along the way. Reyes then headed back to Viridian City, where the last Gym, the Gym with the unknown Gym Leader, awaits Reyes....

Team

Lv. 40 Lv. 40 Lv. 40

Lv. 41 Lv. 40 Lv. 41

Lv. 40 Lv. 40

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

I encountered my rival on my way to the S.S. Anne captain's room and I battled him in the hall. I headed to the captain's chamber afterwards and I spoke to him there. He was seasick and I was able to alleviate his condition and I obtained the Cut HM from him. I left the room and then I got off the S.S. Anne and I watched it sail away. I headed north to Vermilion City's Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I then went to the local Gym and I used Cut to cut down the skinny tree that was blocking the path. I entered the Gym and I found some Gym trainers inside. I had to battle against them as I moved around and then I spent some time trying to solve the Gym puzzle that I had to complete before battling against Lt. Surge. I eventually found the switches inside the trash cans that deactivated the traps, and I headed to the back of the Gym and I saved the game before battling Surge.

Ghosts! Yay. Cleared the tower after seeing a lot of... possessed Channelers. Haha. These guys are funny. There's a nice one in the middle though who heals you. Nifty.

Anyway. Lots of Gastly and a few Haunter later, I got to the top of the tower, and met three Rockets. Three sets of battles later, I met with Mr. Fuji. Soooooooooo he went there willingly. Eh. Okay. He gave me a PokeFlute though, so that was nice of him. No more awakenings, and that means we can get Snorlax and continue with the journey.

One Snorlax later, I continued on my way to Fuchsia. I chose the eastern route first, meeting with lots of fishermen. I'll tackle the Cycling Road after that. Team level so far is 47. Raticate is fun. ^.^

I challenged Lt. Surge at the Vermilion City Gym and I used my Charmeleon against his Voltorb. I defeated it with Ember and then I used my newly-obtained Diglett against Lt. Surge's Pikachu. I was able to defeat Pikachu easily thanks to Diglett and then I moved on to Raichu. I used Paras and then Charmeleon again and I finally defeated it even though Charmeleon suffered from paralysis. I obtained the Shock Wave TM and the Thunder Badge from Lt. Surge after the battle and I left the Vermilion Gym. I hurried over to the Pokemon Center and after healing my Pokemon I wandered off to Route 11. I battled the trainers there and I went back to Vermilion City after seeing the Snorlax that was blocking the path.

Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast