Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2719

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Reyes' Journey, Part 18

Once Reyes returned to Pallet town, Reyes headed north to Viridian City where his next Gym Battle awaits him. The doors were finally unlocked, so Reyes found out who the Gym Leader was- Giovanni! Surprised, Reyes pitted himself into battle, knowing he mustn't lose:

Gym Battle 8: Giovanni vs.
    Winner: Reyes

With all 8 Kanto badges, Reyes wanted to go to the Indigo Plateau immediately, but Blue got in his way, and his team was WAY overleveled compared to Reyes team. Needless to say, Reyes lost. While at the Pokemon Center, Prof. Oak left a message for him to meet up with Reyes in Pallet Town for a special assignment.

In Pallet Town, Oak informs Reyes that Prof. Rowan, a well known Professor from the Sinnoh region, is coming to visit, and Oak has asked Reyes to catch a wide array of Pokemon that are native to Kanto so Rowan can study them. Reyes went ahead and gave Oak Omanyte, and then headed out to travel Kanto once again to catch enough Pokemon, and to hopefully train his current team so they are strong enough for the Kanto League.

Team

Lv. 42 Lv. 42 Lv. 41

Lv. 45 Lv. 41 Lv. 42

Lv. 41 Lv. 41
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

On my LeafGreen, I've been training my team and working on getting my National Dex complete at last. I did some trading with my Emerald not too long ago in order to get some Pokemon that I was missing. I then levelled up a bunch of Pokemon for evolution and hatched eggs to get lower forms. I just finished getting all the Hoenn starters and their evolutions. As it stands, I still need over 100 Pokemon to complete the Pokedex. Most of the Pokemon I'm missing are from Hoenn, so I think I'll trade with Ruby to get them.

I headed back to Vermilion City and I headed north to Route 6. I used the Underground Path again and I went all the way north to Cerulean City. I headed east toward the mountains and I battled my way around the route until I arrived near the foot of Rock Tunnel. I visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. Then I entered Rock Tunnel. It was dark inside but I managed to find my way around; I battled wild Pokemon and trainers and I also picked up some items off the ground. I kept traveling through the tunnel until I arrived just north of Lavender Town. I headed south until I arrived at my destination and I purchased some items at the Poke Mart. I visited Mr. Fuji's house, then the local Pokemon Center and finally the Pokemon Tower. I couldn't climb the tower yet though because of the unidentified ghosts there, so I saved the game before heading west to Celadon City.

Reyes' Journey, Part 19

Well, here was the reinventing phase of Reyes' journey. Reyes took a month off from the Pokemon League to travel Kanto and catch a wide array of Pokemon for Professor Rowan's stay, and he also trained his team to take on the Elite Four.

Reyes spent the month catching 30 total Pokemon for Rowan's visit. They include common Pokemon like Pigdey, Rattata, and Zubat, to rare Pokemon like Wigglytuff, Nidoqueen, and Magneton, to elusive Pokemon, like Omanyte, Hitmonlee, and Mr. Mime.

When Oak recieved the 30 Pokemon, Prof. Oak rewarded Reyes with the National Pokedex! Though they look exactly the same, Reyes was still honored to recieve such a gift.

At Route 22, Blue was waiting for Reyes again, but this time, Reyes beat him, though it was very close. Reyes proceeded through the Gates, and there he thought of all the Gym Leaders that helped Reyes get to where he is now:
    Brock Misty Lt. Surge Erika

Koga Sabrina Blaine Giovanni

Reyes then went through Victory Road. The Trainers there were incredibly strong, but Reyes and his team were able to endure their battles and get through, and they also obtained some important moves (such as Overheat and Dragon Claw).

Now, Reyes made it out, but there is still some training to do. After some more training, Reyes will take on the hardest challenge he has yet done. Up next, the Elite Four!

Team

Lv. 48 Lv. 47 Lv. 45

Lv. 47 Lv. 47 Lv. 45

Lv. 47 Lv. 47

I left Lavender Town and I arrived on Route 8. I battle some trainers there and I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led into Saffron City, but I couldn't enter it yet so I used the Underground Path tunnel instead. I arrived on Route 7 afterwards and I continued heading west until I arrived at my destination: Celadon City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I wandered over to the Game Corner. I didn't have a Coin Case yet so I couldn't play the slot machines, so I headed over to the Celadon City Department Store and I shopped there. I bought some items and then I visited the local restaurant and I obtained the Coin Case inside. I got the Tea from an old lady at the Celadon Mansion afterwards and I wandered over to Route 7 again in order to do some training before battling at the Celadon City Gym. I trained for about 30 minutes straight before saving the game.

I've just started a new game on FireRed. I've just reached the Viridian Forest and I have 8 Pokemon already.
    I don't usually give my Pokemon nicknames, but this time I decided to try it and I'm surprised at how attached I've gotten to these little pixels.

I have a Charmander named Vance, a Pidgey named Pax, a Rattata named Reepicheep, a Spearow named Faith, a Mankey named Kerchak, a Beedrill named Beest, a Caterpie named Liberty, and a Pikachu named Boltan.
    Geezus, I should've nicknamed my Pokemon a lot earlier.

I returned to Celadon City and I headed over to the Celadon City Gym. I had to use Cut to cut down a tree that was blocking the path to it, then I wandered over to the entrance and I started to battle against the Gym trainers inside. I battled my way around the room and I eventually reached Erika's spot. I decided to leave the Gym in order to heal my Pokemon before battling against her though, then I returned to the Gym. I used my Pidgeotto against Erika's Victreebel and I beat it with Wing Attack, then I used Charmeleon against Tangela and I defeated it with Ember attack. I used Pidgeotto again against Erika's Vileplume and after defeating it with Gust, I obtained the Rainbow Badge and a TM from Erika. I left the Celadon City Gym and I healed my Pokemon once more. I did some shopping then I wandered over to the Game Corner where I found the entrance to the Rocket Hideout and saved.

Reyes' Journey, Part 20

Finally, after many my weeks of training at the Victory Road, Reyes' team was ready for the Elite Four, but he did have to to make a few cuts. Venusur and Clefable were given to Bill along with Exeggcut, Rhyhorn, and Lapras. So, the long trials of the elite Four entailed:

Match 1: Lorelei

Pretty challenging in the beginning, but after the training that entailed, she was a piece of cake!
    Honorable mention:

Match 2: Bruno

Well, this match would've been hard, except Dragon Dance + Earthquake just can't be beat!
    Honorable mention:

Match 3: Agatha

This was starting to become a challenge for my team, but it's a good thing I have Psychic!
    Honorable mention:

Match 4: Lance

Hardest match yet. Luckily, Primeape and Gyarados' rough Attack nailed them to the ground.
    Honorable mention:

And, finally, as Reyes mounts the post for Kanto Champion, Blue shows up, and show Reyes that he was too late; Blue was already the Champion. So, Reyes had to do what he knew best: beat him!

CHAMPION BATTLE: REYES VS BLUE

VS

Reyes, of course, became the ultimate Champion of the Kanto Region! Professor Oak, proud of both of them, congratulated Reyes, and put his name- as well as his team- into the Hall of Fame:

Primeape, Lv. 55

Marowak, Lv. 50

Butterfree, Lv. 52

Gyarados, Lv. 52

Electrode, Lv. 56

Ninetales, Lv. 52

After that, Reyes ran home, to his house in Pallet. He visited the Pokemon he left at Bill's cottage, then returned home. He rested up for about a week, but then his mother gave him big news- they're going on vacation! Reyes and his mother are taking a vacation in Hoenn for a few months. So, saying goodbye to Kanto for awhile, Reyes sets off for a new adventure!

(Note: IF you truly are following Reyes' story, then head on over to the RSE Recent Happenings Thread for the Hoenn journey. Thanks for reading!)

I wandered around the Rocket Hideout and I battled some Team Rocket grunts on the first floor. I picked up some items as well and then I headed to the other floors in order to defeat all the other Team Rocket grunts. I eventually obtained the key to the elevator and I headed into the office room where Giovanni was hiding. I battled him inside and then he and the other Team Rocket members left the building. I headed out myself after picking up the Silph Scope and I healed my Pokemon at the Celadon City Pokemon Center. I wandered over to Saffron City and I offered a security guard there some Tea. I was allowed access into Saffron City and I was able to take the short cut to Lavender Town. After buying some items at the Poke Mart, I climbed the Pokemon Tower and I battled the Gastly and Haunter there that I could finally see. I also faced off against some Channelers and I saved.

I did quite a lot of trading between my LeafGreen and some of my other games over the past few days. First, I traded for the last few Kanto Pokemon I was missing and then evolved a couple of them. This allowed me to complete the Kanto dex at last! After that, I traded over some Johto and Hoenn Pokemon. Right now, I have just over 300 Pokemon owned in the National Pokedex.
    I also just reached 300 hours of play time on LG.

Also, while I was evolving Pokemon for the Pokedex I trained all my team members to at least level 60. I decided to add a Gengar that I traded over from Emerald to my team (replacing Espeon), because it's already level 75 and I've already used Espeon on a couple of other teams before.

I beat the third gym leader. I then went to catch a dugtrio. I went back to route 2 to get flash after catching 2 pokemon so that I would have 10. I have started on my way towards cerulean city with my team being a Pikachu, charmeleon, a pidgeotto, and maybe the dugrio. they are all level 28 and 29.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

I healed my Pokemon in a purification spot that one of the sane Channelers had made, then I continued to battle my way up the tower. I battled some more of those possessed Channelers and I eventually arrived at the foot of the staircase that led to the tower's summit. The path was blocked by the ghost of Cubone's mother that Team Rocket killed and I had to defeat her before climbing the rest of the tower. After I beat the Marowak I had to battle a few Team Rocket grunts and then I finally reached Mr. Fuji. We both returned to his house in Lavender Town and I obtained the Poke Flute from him. I healed my Pokemon and I also bought items before leaving town. I headed south to Route 12 and I saved there.

For the last couple days, I've been trying to catch all the Unown. By this point, the only ones I don't have are O,A, and ? I did catch a shiny H along the way though.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

As I traveled on the bridge area of Route 12, I battled against some Fisherman and I eventually arrived at a gatehouse. After passing through it I arrived at the place where the sleeping Snorlax was resting and I used the Poke Flute to awaken it. I battled against it and I was finally allowed to travel to Route 11 after I caught it. I wandered past Diglett's Cave and I eventually arrived in Vermilion City. I healed my Pokemon there, then I headed back to Route 11 and I arrived at Route 12. I headed south some more and I arrived on Route 13 and I battled some trainers. I kept going past Route 14 and Route 15 and I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led to Fuchsia City. I arrived there and I saved the game.

Last Monday, I traded a couple dozen Pokemon to LeafGreen from Ruby. I then spent pretty much the rest of the day evolving and breeding these Pokemon. By the end of the day, my Pokedex was at just under 350 Pokemon owned. A few days after that, I traded more than 20 Pokemon over from Emerald. About half of these were Pokemon that do not evolve, so I did not have to worry about training and evolving as many Pokemon as I usually do. I did a lot of training against the Elite Four in order to evolve the Pokemon that did evolve. This training also allowed me to get the rest of my new team to level 65-70.

The last Pokemon I needed to evolve was Snubbull into Granbull. When that happened, my National Pokedex was complete! I now have completed Pokedexes on LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold, White, and White 2, all completed within the last year.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 20th May 2013 at 1:02 AM.

I healed my Pokemon at the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center and then I went over to the local Poke Mart and I bought some items. After that I wandered around the city and then I wandered over to the Safari Zone. I paid a fee and then I was allowed to explore the Safari Zone. I caught a wild Rhyhorn and Paras while I explored the first couple of areas, then I wandered to some of the other ones. I caught a Doduo in another area, but I had to head back to the lobby of the Safari Zone before I could explore the entire place. I wandered over to Cycling Road and I battled the Bikers there as I headed north towards Celadon City. Once I had beaten them all I went back to Fuchsia City and I saved inside the Fucshia City Gym.

So, I decided to fire up my FireRed after a couple of years, and start a new game.

I named my character 'Logan' and I started out in my house. I tried to leave Pallet Town, but Prof. Oak warned me of wild Pokemon and took me to his Lab. There, he offered me a Starter Pokemon, so I chose Charmander and I decided not to nickname him. My Rival wanted to battle me at that point.

Me; Charmander Lv.5
    Rival; Squirtle Lv.5
    W/L/T; W

Afterwards, I left Pallet Town to begin my journey. I did some training in Route 1, beating some Pidgey and Rattata until Charmander was Level 7, while also learning Ember and obtaining a Potion. I arrived at Viridian City, and I healed. I went to the Pokemart, and obtained a package for Prof. Oak, so I went back to Pallet Town to give it to him. He gave me 5 Poke Balls and a Pokedex and then I left. I went to Gary's house and his sister, Daisy gave me a Town Map. I went back to Viridian City, and from there I went to Route 22 where I caught a Mankey. I decided not to nickname it. I trained it to Level 6 and as I was nearing the Pokemon League my Rival appeared to challenge me to a Battle.

Me; Charmander Lv.8 + Mankey Lv.6
    Rival; Squirtle Lv.9 + Pidgey Lv.9
    W/L/T; L

Man, I was underleveled for that battle, so I did a bit more training and I battled my Rival again.

Me; Charmander Lv.8 + Mankey Lv.7
    Rival; Squirtle Lv.9 + Pidgey Lv.9
    W/L/T; W

After I beat my Rival I healed at the Pokemon Center and I went to Route 2. I didn't bother training as the Pokemon in the area were at low levels, and instead I went into Viridian Forest. I trained Charmander and Mankey inside and along the way I managed to catch a Pikachu. Once I got through the forest, I saved.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

I started battling against the Gym trainers at the Fuchsia City Gym and I was able to clear out the Gym pretty easily. I headed outside again in order to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed back to the Gym. I found Koga's spot in the middle of the invisible wall labyrinth and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Pidgeot against Koga's first Koffing and I defeated it with Wing Attack, then I used my Charizard against Koga's Weezing. Charizard got poisoned by Toxic though, so that battle lasted a while. I eventually beat Weezing and I used my Dugtrio against Koga's Muk and then my Charizard against Koga's second Koffing. I obtained the Soul Badge and the Toxic TM and I saved the game.

So I started my Leafgreen game, I picked squirtle as my starter, I did the whole oak's package thing, after I got pokeball, I got a town map from daisy, I went to viridian forest to get a caterpie. I went back to challenge my rival. Before that I trained my team a bit, made caterpie evolve into a metapod, and easily took care of my rival. I went back into viridian forest after that where metapod evolved into a butterfree. After I made it through the forest I arrived in Pewter city. Where Brock was squirtle fodder.

Team:

Squirtle Level 15
    -Tail Whip
    -Bubble
    -Withdraw
    -Water Gun

Butterfree Level 10
    -Tackle
    -Stringshot
    -Harden
    -Confusion
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I left the Fuchsia City Gym after I obtained the Soul Badge from Koga inside, and I visited the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon. I left after that and I visited the Safari Zone once more just to see if I could get some more rare Pokemon. I managed to catch a wild Venomoth and a wild Dratini, but nothing else of interest. I headed to Cycling Road afterwards and I went north until I arrived in Celadon City. I headed west until I arrived in Saffron City and I noticed that the whole place was overrun with Team Rocket grunts. I visited the Poke Mart in order to stock up on items and I headed over to Silph Co. in order to defeat the Team Rocket grunts who had taken over the building. I saved the game there.

just beat brock had to lvl grind charmander to do it, pikachu is lvl 11 butterfree is lvl 10 charmander is lvl 16 ( i stopped his evolution)
    Last edited by mew 2000; 2nd June 2013 at 2:44 AM.
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I guess I'll post a very small update, as I haven't done much.

So, I went to Pewter City and healed at the Pokemon Center. I made certain I was ready, and then I went into the Gym. The Gym Trainer was pretty easy, I beat his Geodude and Sandshrew with Mankey, who grew to Lv.11 while doing so and learned Karate Chop. Next, I healed again and saved in front of Brock, in case I would need to grind. He led with Geodude which I beat with Mankey. Once Onix was up, I decided I wanted Charmander to get the experience, so I almost killed Onix, then I sacked Mankey and finished Onix with Charmander. Charmander grew to Lv.13 and learned Metal Claw in the process. I then saved.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 2nd June 2013 at 9:10 PM.

I wandered around the second floor of Silph Co. and I battled against Team Rocket grunts there. I headed to the third and fourth floor and I repeated the pattern. I kept battling against Rocket grunts and I eventually healed my Pokemon since battling so many trainers was taking a toll on my Pokemon. I eventually obtained the special key that allowed me to open some of the locked doors, and I spoke to Silph Co. employees that were hiding around the building. I headed over to the third floor again after defeating all the other grunts, and I teleported to another room. I encountered my rival there and I battled him. I spoke to another Silph Co. employee afterwards and I obtained a gift Lapras from him and saved.

Morning breeze...
    Today's morning breeze was cold, different from usual. I guessed I wake up earlier. I looked at the window. It was wide open, so I got out of my bed and tried to close it. But surprisingly enough, a Pidgey was cheerfully smiling at me, word in the beak. It was from Professor Oak ! He left me a trainer card at my name and said he was waiting for me at his laboratory. After putting some usual clothes, I went downstairs and my mother gave me a hug. I went away from home right after. Pallet Town was still as beautiful as yesterday. I went to the laboratory, like the professor concluded, but only Blue was there.
    "What, it's only Max ? Gramps isn't around."
    Blue could sometimes be cold and distant, but we were friends for now years. I know he wasn't mad at me at all. I guess he wanted to start a journey by his own too.
    So do I. I went outside, about to leave Pallet Town north to look for the professor but... something - or someone - interupted me. It was him ! He was studying Pokémon near by when he saw me. He then told me to quickly join him at his laboratory. Blue was there for the same reason as I. We then proceeded and let me choose a Pokémon out of the three on the table - as known as Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle - first. I decided to go with the turtle Pokémon because it was cheerful and happy, I couldn't resist. Blue took Bulbasaur, at my right. Did he purposely took Bulbasaur because of the type advantage or because it was attractive ? I don't think I'll ever know. I smiled to the professor, thanked him and when I was about to leave, Blue challenged me to a Pokémon battle. Really ? Me ? I wasn't totally agreeing with the idea but Professor Oak told me it was good to develop my battle skills, so I accepted.

Max vs. Blue
    -
    The win goes to Max!

To my big surprise, I won. Just before leaving, the professor gently asked me to get an important package at the Viridian City's Poké Mart. I couldn't say no, after having received a Pokémon from him. I left the old man with a mission to do.

I left the town behind me with my Squirtle. He was already on my shoulders, ready to see what the world was. I envied it for a second, being curious and unconscious at the same time. After that, I trained my tiny turtle on Route 1, where my Squirtle proudly learned Bubble.
    I arrived to Viridian City and headed to the already-known Poké Mart to take Oak's package with me, as promised. I then went back to Pallet Town, gave him the package in exchange of a Pokédex and some Pokéballs. I was very happy, and now I had to try them on the wild. I took from Blue's sister a map and went on the road. While looking for a new Pokémon on Route 1, I found a Pidgey. Squirtle used Tackle, it dodged, Pidgey used Tackle, Squirtle dodged. I used Tackle again, it hit the wild Pidgey, it used Tackle who hit my Squirtle not too hard. I threw a Pokéball and caught it on the first try. I went for some training but before, I had to take a rest. I remembered that Blue challenged me to a Pokémon battle on Route 22. I think I'll have to train a little bit before going there.

Squirtle ♂
    Level 7
    [Tackle - Tail Whip - Bubble]

Pidgey ♂
    Level 3
    [Tackle]
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 6th June 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I quickly left Silph Co. in order to deposit the Lapras that I got from an employee, and I headed back to the third floor afterwards. I teleported to the eleventh floor and I encountered Giovanni there. I battled against him and I used my Rhyhorn against Giovanni's Nidorino, then I used my Pidgeot against his Nidoqueen. After that I used Gyarados against his Rhyhorn and finally my Charizard against his Kangaskhan. I defeated Giovanni and he left the building. I spoke with the president of Silph Co. and I obtained a Master Ball from him as a gift for liberating the building. I headed out to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there, then I wandered over to the Fighting Dojo. I beat all the trainers and saved.

Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast