Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I'm gonna start a new game in either FR or LG, where my team will consist of:
    -Gastly
    -Haunter
    -Haunter
    -Haunter/Gengar
    -Gengar
    starting today.

P.S. Yes, i love the gastly line ^^
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

Quote Originally Posted by holy_lucario View Post
    sorry bout that haunter soepkip, but it is a good pokemon.
    Oh I like Haunter, I was just commenting on the fact that 3 of my pokemon are able to put enemies to sleep. That's a bit too cheesy for my taste.

Anyway, short update:

I fought my way through the Rock Tunnel and ended up in Lavender. That's when I realised how much I hate this part. You fight the entire journey there, there's nothing to do in the town and both roads out are insanely long and filled with way too many trainers. This is the part I usually get bored and quit...

But, I will press on, my remaining team is waiting for me and 2 of them are close.

just beat fuschia gym, training my team to about Lv40 odd, team at the moment:

Magneton Lv34
    supersonic
    sonicboom
    t/wave
    spark
    Just caught this bloke at the power plant, should be a nice little addition to the squad

Snorlax Lv38
    strength
    brick break
    rock tomb
    surf

Nidoking Lv35
    horn attack
    shock wave
    surf
    brick break

Victreebel Lv36
    acid
    cut
    secret power
    giga drain

Vaporeon Lv36
    surf
    aurora beam
    rest
    bite

Charizard Lv39
    aerial ace
    metal claw
    flamethrower
    brick break
    I'm just a big fan of beer and cricket.

Just a quick update on what's happening...

I may have challenged Erica a little too soon because her vileplume mullered my brave band of three. Luckily I saved before taking her on, so I was able to save my money and train up a little before trying again. Several battles with Rocket Grunts (man I've missed those guys) and a Lv.30 Vulpix later and Erica is a cake walk!

I've also completed the Game Corner with relative ease, I always remember there being a lot more Rockets in the original...oh well. Here's how my team's shaping up:
    Lv.36 Fushi
    Lv.34 GoroGoro
    Lv.34 RokOn
    Once I've done the Pokemon Tower and nabbed me a Pokeflute, I'll be able to get hold of a Doduo FINALLY!

Next up: Pokemon Tower and Cycle Road
    Last edited by pickled-witch; 27th June 2008 at 6:05 PM. Reason: the first sentence was waaay too long!

LG scramble challenge GO!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/ip41zc.jpg[/IMG]
    I made this =3

well i just beat TR at mt.moon and got my dome fossil which is gonna be a load of fun leveling him up to my other poke's level's once i revive kabuto.
    Anyway i'm in cerulean about to wipe the floor with misty after i get done at bill's

team so far

Ivysaur lv.25
    calm nature
    razor leaf
    tackle
    sleep powder
    leech seed

it's still gonna be a little while till i get my next pokemon

Pretty big update:

I made my way to Celadon, evading most of the trainers along the way. There I picked up all the goodies and opened up Saffron City. I picked up Psychic for Groovy and used it to obliterate the fighting dojo.

Picked up my Hitmonchan and named him Speedy. I returned to the route east of Saffron and trained my new poke on the trainers there (too bad most of them were Poison types...). After that, I returned to Celadon and challenged the gym. Amazingly Speedy managed most of the gym. His Ice Punch rocks despite having such a low SpA. I finished off Erica with Weedy who reached lvl 35 and warrented an evo to Vileplume!

Afterwards I returned to Lavender and cleared out the Tower with Fury. I caught myself a Ghastly and named him Scary. I'm currently south of Lavender, training him.

Current Dex: 86 seen, 38 owned.

Fury (Bug/Poison) lvl 34
    Male, naive nature
    Twin Needle
    Focus Energy
    Brick Break
    Pursuit

Groovy (Bug/Flying) lvl 35
    Female, serious nature
    Psychic
    Sleep Powder
    Gust
    Supersonic

Weedy (Grass/Poison) lvl 35
    Female, quiet nature
    Acid
    Sleep Powder
    Absorb
    Moonlight

Speedy (Fight) lvl 33
    Male, adament nature
    Sky Uppercut
    Agility
    Pursuit
    Ice Punch

Scary (Ghost, Poison)
    Male, mild nature
    Lick
    Confuse Ray
    Curse
    Night Shade

I started my LG Scramble challenge. Got a female Squirtle on the 7th try. I then proceeded to do the small quest of the parcel. Went to Viridian Forest to capture a Pikachu and Caterpie. Now I'm training them to lvl 10 to take on my Rival, which I named Peter.
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

I'm currently Sring for a Zapdos with decent-good IVs and either a bold or a timid nature.

This might take weeks.... or more.

Started a scramble challenge on FireRed, in order for some innovation and a new form of challenge.

I've just began my journey by picking Bulbasaur as my starter. I attempted a number of times (although definitely not enough) to try and get a Shiny 'Saur, but lost my patience. This was also combined with the fact that I came across one with a great nature and excellent stats. It is Sassy, and when I checked its IVs, I discovered it has 30 in both Sp.Attack and Sp.Def. Not bad going, eh?

Anyway, I've progressed to Pewter City after breezing through Viridian Forest with just Bulbasaur alongside me. This is because my next obtainable Pokemon in my Scramble team is Nidoran, who if I'm right I cannot catch until after Brock. So that means I just have Bulba to take him down. My final scramble team consists of:

Bulbasaur (No evolving!)
    Nidoking (Makes things a little better I suppose lol)
    Hitmonlee
    Chansey
    Dragonair (can't evolve to Dragonite til after E4)
    Shellder (No evolving)

Almost there...

I battled my way to the Safari, evolving Scary into a Haunter along the way. Got surf and strenght and a couple of additions to my dex. I spent some time on the slot machines and managed to get enough coins to buy thunderbolt for Scary, a much needed TM.

Battled through the long, long Sylph Co. building. I was suprised to see Nooblar's pokes were a bit higher leveled than mine. There still weren't a match for my team however. Scary's new thunderbolt ripped through Pideot and Fury was still faster than Kadabra, granting him a OHKO with twin needle.

Giovanni was easy as pie, most attacks were wasted on Scary and Nidoqueen was finished off with Groovy.

After that I trodded over to Sabrina's gym, OHKO'ing every trainer with Fury. Twin needle on the psychics and Pursuit on the ghosts. Sabrina was a bit tougher however, her Alakazam was way too fast for Fury. I solved it by switching in Groovy, putting Alakazam to sleep and switching back to Fury. A bit cheesy, oh well...

Koga's gym was beaten in the same way, easy peasie.

Surfed over to Cinnabar and caught the final poke for my scramble, a koffing. I named her Stinky. I stopped just after catching her, I will train her the next session.

Current Dex: 110 seen, 60 owned.

Fury (Bug/Poison) lvl 45
    Male, naive nature
    Twin Needle
    Endeavor
    Brick Break
    Pursuit

Groovy (Bug/Flying) lvl 40
    Female, serious nature
    Psychic
    Sleep Powder
    Gust
    Safeguard

Weedy (Grass/Poison) lvl 40
    Female, quiet nature
    Acid
    Sleep Powder
    Absorb
    Moonlight

Speedy (Fight) lvl 39
    Male, adament nature
    Sky Uppercut
    Agility
    Strenght
    Ice Punch

Scary (Ghost, Poison) lvl 40
    Male, mild nature
    Shadow Punch
    Confuse Ray
    Curse
    Thunderbolt

Stinky (Poison) lvl 30
    Female, naive nature
    Sludge
    Selfdestruct
    Smog
    Smokescreen

I just caught the Raikou that i had been searching after for more then a week. I then went and caught the Mewtwo, and am now importing them to my Pearl. I will then start over my LG and attampt at my Beedrill only challenge...
    What? Am I back?

Haven't been able to do much on my scramble challenge. I started off with a female Squirtle and then proceeded to catch a Caterpie and Pikachu. Now, I'm training them to lvl 10, so I can take on my Rival, Peter.

Team:

M Caterpie
    Level 5
    Hasty

Tackle
    String Shot

F Pikachu
    Level 8
    Bold

Thundershock
    Growl
    Tail Whip
    Thunderwave

F Squirtle
    Level 9
    Hardy

Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Bubble

I'll probably play some more tonight. I absolutely hate raising Caterpie/Weedle, but I have to for my scramble.
    Last edited by Golden_Arcanine; 30th June 2008 at 10:29 PM.
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

About 20 min. ago, i beat Brock with my Beedrill. Harden worked like a charm and Posion sting did its job. Now onto Mt.Moon with my Stinger

Beedrill only challenge
    lv.16

Moveset:
    Poison Sting
    Focus Energy
    Harden
    Fury Attack
    What? Am I back?

Recently restarted my FireRed.

Arrived in Fushia City for my 5th badge, went to the Safari Zone to obtain Surf. On my way there I bump into a Chansey! instantly throw a Safari Ball and catch it, first Ball! Check it out on PC after to find its holding a Lucky Egg!

Ello all, time for another exciting update of my LG Scramble Challenge! *plays theme music*

OK, so I dodged my way down the Cycling Road and grabbed DoD a Lv.26 Doduo and made it safely to Fuchsia City. Now, looking at the info in serebii's pokedex, I was lead to believe that catching my Slowpoke, Yadodo, would be a piece of Rare Candy, but no. It took me an hour...A WHOLE FREAKIN' HOUR!! Ahem, I did eventually get my slowpoke with a Super Rod on Route 23 at Lv.33, which means less training for me to do =3

I've been on a total training spree in the build up to Fuchsia Gym so my team now looks like this:
    Lv.37 Fushi
    Lv.36 GoroGoro
    Lv.41 RokOn
    Lv.45 DoD
    Lv.35 Yadodo

Next up: Fuchsia Gym and Route 21 to Cinnabar Island
    Last edited by pickled-witch; 1st July 2008 at 8:16 PM. Reason: just me being fussy

LG scramble challenge GO!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/ip41zc.jpg[/IMG]
    I made this =3

Hey, so I randomly decided to start over! Whoo!

I currently am in Viridian Forest with a level 9 Squirtle and a level 7 Pidgey =)

Haha! Blastoise and Pidegot are always still with me at the end. I love them! =)

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

I beat the Elite Four with a team of Butterfree, Charizard, Hitmonchan, Raichu, Vileplume, and Vaporeon. And they were all level 50, except for Charizard. He was level 56. I'm currently training Aerodactyl, Larvitar, Golduck, and Scyther to level 40. And I'm training Dratini to level 55, and Hitmonchan to level 60. I am training the others as back up for my original team for when it is needed. Currently, Hitmonchan is 57, Aerodactyl is 21, Golduck is 37, Scyther is 25, Dratini is 19, and Larvitar is level 15.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our dark, that most frightens us. My wii code: 8162 7704 7947 6407
    http://www.myspace.com/peacenotwar2030

Arrived in Saffron city.

I have booted Team Rocket out of the Silph Co. Building and claimed my Lapras and Masterball.

I then went on to challenge the Fighting gym, and received a Hitmonlee. After that I entered the real gym next door. After stepping on each and every warp panel I eventually got to Sabrina and defeated her, relying on Blastoise's and Arcanine's Bite.

I am now currently surfing my way down to Seafoam Islands with my bag full of Ultra Balls for Arcticuno.
    Last edited by Shady Guy; 2nd July 2008 at 10:40 PM.

After the frustrating burned out mansion (really, encounter rate is way too high) I tackled the amazing Fire gym and beat it easily. Having no "super effective" attacks on my team, I used Scary's thunderbolt to good effect.

Afterwards, I hopped on down to the island chain, did the quest and spent about a decade training all 6 to lvls 52-55. I wanted to get everyone to 55 but I got bored, so I decided to move on. Oh, caught Moltres as well, easy.

Giovanni was no match against Weedy, her Petal Dance made short work of almost everything in that gym. Too bad you can't use the VS seeker in gymz, 'cause I'd love to train on those guys. Easy xp and cash.

I'm currently in the frustrating Victory Road. Why call it a road? It's a cave and a poorly designed one at that!

Current Dex: 127 seen, 78 owned.

Fury (Bug/Poison) lvl 55
    Male, naive nature
    Return
    Twin Needle
    Brick Break
    Pursuit

Groovy (Bug/Flying) lvl 56
    Female, serious nature
    Psychic
    Sleep Powder
    Silver Wind
    Safeguard

Weedy (Grass/Poison) lvl 56
    Female, quiet nature
    Petal Dance
    Sleep Powder
    Toxic
    Moonlight

Speedy (Fight) lvl 39
    Male, adament nature
    Sky Uppercut
    Counter
    Strenght
    Earthquake

Scary (Ghost, Poison) lvl 52
    Male, mild nature
    Shadow Punch
    Confuse Ray
    Curse
    Thunderbolt

Stinky (Poison) lvl 54
    Female, naive nature
    Thunderbolt
    Destiny Bond
    Haze
    Flamethrower

Good work soepkip, I have enjoyed reading your posts. Anyway, I have not posted in a while, so I thought I would give a big update on my journey. I have given up trying to train all my Pokemon equally (50 is WAY to many) and have settled on an eventual team of Charizard/Pidgeot/Alakazam/Victreebel/Machamp/Vaporeon. Last time I posted, I had just beaten LT Surge, so I will do a recap since then.

Got through Rock tunnel, evolving Paras and Zubat into Parasect and Golbat, and catching Onix and Machop. Faced Vincent, my rival, and beat him easily, my only problem was Pidgeotto as my Pikachu was several levels lower. It was walking from Lavender to Celadon that I decided my train all Pokemon plan wasn't working, as even my starter was struggling with the trainers. As I mentioned before, I decided to let Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Machop and Weepinbell in the team (Eevee to come later).

I got Eevee and instantly evolved her (yes, her, I got a female on the first go) into Vaporeon, my first pure water type. I evolved Weepinbell too, and Jigglypuff. I easily beat Ericka and friends with Charmeleon and Pidgeotto (Golbat and Spearow helped). Used the Rocket corner to train up my team. Giovanni was a synch with Vaporeon and her newly learned Water Pulse. Caught Doduo.

Taught Pidgeotto fly and headed back to Lavender. Pokemon Tower was easy, leveled Charmeleon to 30. For the first time ever, I left Gastly and Cubone straight in the box . When I complete the game I plan to work with each Pokemon individually and train them all into strong Pokemon, but for now I need to stick with my team.

Snorlax took FOREVER but with the help of Machop and Low Kick I finally captured it. It has a bad nature (+SpAt, -SP) but I will be able to work around that when I train it later. So now I am headed for Fuschia city. My Pokedex sits at 49, but with my new Super Rod and the Safari zone coming up, I am sure that will soon highly increase.

Anyway, here is my current team:

Charmeleon, MALE, Lv.30, Serious Nature
    - Ember
    - Scary Face
    - Brick Break
    - Metal Claw

Pidgeotto, FEMALE, Lv.28, Careful Nature
    - Aerial Ice
    - Fly
    - Sand-Attack
    - Wing-Attack

Kadabra, MALE, Lv.29, Lax Nature
    - Psybeam
    - Confusion
    - Teleport
    - Recover

Victreebel, FEMALE, Lv.30, Naive Nature
    - Vine Whip
    - Acid
    - Sleep Powder
    - Poisonpowder

Machop, MALE, Lv.23, Jolly Nature
    - Low Kick
    - Karate Chop
    - Focus Energy
    - Seismic Toss

Vaporeon, FEMALE, Lv.30, Naughty Nature
    - Water Pulse
    - Bite
    - Sand-Attack
    - Quick-Attack
    Who Will become Serebii's Next Top Model?

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=391367

<Check it out and vote!

I recently restarted the game and chose Charmander. Im now at the Pokemon center infront of Mt. Moon (I beat Brock easy) SRing for a secret pokemon -a Magikarp- because I really want a shiny one.

Can't read my poker face

My new Leaf green and whilst i have some good pokemon on there, i've popped those on my Pearl including the ledgendry birds and several good natured pokemon and a Tangela and an extra masterball for my pearl pokemon runaways!!

I've decieded on my Final Team for my new game:

Venasaur
    Flareon
    Mr.Mime
    Golem
    Lapras
    Possibly Dragonite/Fearow/Pidgeot
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Recently, ive just been training my beedrill on everything in sight. It's level has grown about 20 since my battle with Erika. I now stand next to Koga getting ready for a total sweep with my Bee...

Beedrill only challenge
    lv.65

Moveset:
    Return
    Brick Break
    Twineedle
    Aerial Ace
    What? Am I back?

nice job on the beedrill challenge GT i've put mine on pause for a bit to work on my scramble challenge.
    so far i'm half way through Mt.moon with my party looking pretty good.

beedrill
    lv.17
    poison sting
    focus energy
    harden
    fury attack

nidorino
    lv.17
    peck
    focus energy
    leer
    double kick

1-Hey, holy lucario, you copied my shiny Beedrill's moveset! >=-(

2- I got my Kanto dex up to 148 seen and 141 caught, planning to get it to 150.
    The Pokémon I got to catch left are:
    • Wartortle
    • Blastoise (I'll train my Squirtle after KAbutops, Omastar and Rhydon)
    • Alakazam (Will trade with Sapphire at the end)
    • Machamp (Will trade with Sapphire at the end)
    • Golem (Will trade with Sapphire at the end)
    • Gengar (Will trade with Sapphire at the end)
    • Rhydon (Currently training a Rhyhorn)
    • Omastar (I'll train after Rhydon)
    • Kabutops (I'll train after Rhydon and Omastar)

3- I caught..... a Calmcune! (Calm-natured Suicune).

4- Can someone tell me what would be a good Pokémon to put in the 5th slot of my party? I don'T really think about keeping Beedrill in there...

Team:
    • Dragonite (Dragon-Flying)
    • Raichu (Electric)
    • Exeggutor (Grass-Psychic)
    • Charizard (Fire-Flying)
    • Lapras (Water-Ice)
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 7th July 2008 at 3:40 PM.

Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast