Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2805

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

So since I beat my Doubles time record at the Trainer Tower by quite a lot a couple of days ago, I figured I'd try to do the same for the other modes as well. Today, I played through the Single battle mode, where my record was 18 minutes. My Gengar was my lead for most of the battles, and it did pretty well overall. The only trouble it had was against his Beedrill that used Double Team and made Gengar miss several turns in a row. I also used my Rhydon a lot as its attacks came in handy, though it would've been more useful if it wasn't so freaking slow.

Anyway, I made it to the top with a time of 12:xx, so about six minutes faster than before. Will try getting faster times on the other two modes sometime soon, probably next week.
    ~ * * ~

I slayed several trainers as I sashayed through Ruin Valley and then I walked around the tall grass in the canyon. I encountered and caught a wild Yanma for my Pokedex and then I rode my bike towards the middle of the valley and I battled trainers as I made my way around. I finally arrived at the Dotted Hole and I went down through some holes in the floor until I found the place where the Sapphire item was hidden. I was about to pick it up, but some ratchet Team Rocket scientist appeared and he snatched it. He left to the Rocket Warehouse and I left the cave as well. I headed to the Six Island Pokemon Center and then I went north to the Green Path. I battled some trainers there and saved my game next.

Continued battling at the Trainer Tower today. I did the knockout challenge this time, hoping to improve on my record, which was close to half an hour. The trainers I faced on the first floor during this mode were probably the most difficult for me in terms of hax, even though they used baby Pokemon that weren't that tough. I got unlucky with move misses and status conditions, so I soft reset a couple of times until the battles went perfectly. The next several floors went pretty smoothly. I saved before the last group of trainers, though, and had to reset once to get the battles done the way I wanted. In the end, it took me 18+ minutes to reach the top, which I'm happy about since I was aiming for a time under 20 minutes.
    ~ * * ~

I arrived at the Pattern Bush after battling several trainers around the Green Path. I battled even more trainers inside the forest and I also caught some Bug-type Pokemon like Ledyba and Heracross which appeared in the tall grass there. I Surfed over to the Outcast Island part of the sea afterwards and I battled some Swimmers in the water. I arrived at the main island and I found a Team Rocket grunt there. I battled him and then I entered Altering Cave but since there was nothing interesting inside, I left quickly. I flew to Six Island and I took the Seagallop ferry back to Five Island. I went to Five Isle Meadow and I entered Rocket Warehouse now that I had the passwords to open the door. I saved inside.

Set a new time record for the final mode in the Trainer Tower today, the mixed mode. I saved before starting that mode and reset during the first battle a couple of times until I did it perfectly. The rest of the battles didn't all go perfectly, but they went well enough and nothing super unlucky happened to me. My final time for this run was 13 something, which was about twelve minutes faster than my previous record.
    Now that I've gotten times under twenty minutes in every mode, I'm done with the Trainer Tower on LeafGreen, except maybe if I get really bored one day or something.

After that, I sailed to Three Island and then headed into the Berry Forest. I walked around and picked up several berries because I noticed when looking in my bag that I don't have that many berries on LG
    ~ * * ~

Once I was finally at the Rocket Warehouse at Five Isle Meadow, I had to walk around and navigate my way around those movement panels. I kept getting sent to different areas of the warehouse and it took a while for me to remember the correct path to take in order to defeat the Rocket Admins. I battled Team Rocket grunts along the way as well and then I finally encountered a female admin. I defeated her and then I battled against the male admin. I used my Arcanine against his Golbat, then my Pidgeot against Weezing. I used my Graveler against his Houndoom and the admin fled the building afterwards and gave up on his scheme. I battled against Gideon afterwards and saved after getting the Sapphire.

Went back to my LeafGreen today and played for a while. I got the urge to use some of my older Pokemon in battle, so I flew to the Pokemon League and withdrew my old Moltres from my PC. I then went through the Elite Four again, using Moltres as much as possible. It gained a couple of levels, growing from level 96 to 98. Next time I play, I'll definitely get it to level 100 since it's so close.

Once I get it to level 100, I might train some of my other Pokemon from my original team to 100 as well. That's something I've been wanting to do for quite some time, actually. And, I'm kind of running out of things to do on my LG file unfortunately, so doing that would extend my playtime.
    ~ * * ~

Played both games a little today. Like I did on R/S/E yesterday, I wanted to check here to make sure I had completed all in-game trades. Started with FireRed, where there were three trades I hadn't completed yet. The first two were the ones involving the Nidoran lines. I went out to Route 3 and caught 2 male Nidoran, traded one for a female Nidoran in the gate to the Underground Path on Route 5. Waited with the other trade a little for now. The third trade I hadn't completed was on Cinnabar Island, which required a Ponyta. I flew to One Island and went out to Kindle Road and Mt. Ember. Trained the second Nidoran until it evolved into Nidorino, also caught a Ponyta here. Went back to Kanto and out to Route 11, traded the Nidorino for a Nidorina in the gate here. Then I flew to Cinnabar Island and traded the Ponyta for a Seel. With that, I had completed all in-game trades here.

Continued on LeafGreen, and found to my own surprise that there was only one trade I hadn't completed here. Which I hadn't expected, I thought I would have more trades left here than on FireRed. But it doesn't matter. The trade I had left to do was another one on Cinnabar Island, a Venonat was required this time around. I had one laying in a PC box, so I withdrew it and traded it for a Tangela. And so, I had completed all in-game trades here too. Don't think I will do anything more on these games in the near future as I can't think of anything to do on them for the moment and I did all things I wanted to do on them last year so I see no reason to go back to them now.

I strutted out of the Rocket Warehouse upon getting the Sapphire from Gideon. I healed my party at Five Island's PC and then I boarded the Seagallop ferry in order to return to One Island. I visited the Net Center/PC there and I gave the Sapphire to my good sis Celio in order to update his machine. I left afterwards and I took the Seagallop ferry to Three Island. I rode my bike to Berry Forest and I picked scattered Berries from the forest floor. I went back on the ferry in order to visit Seven Island next. Once I arrived I battled Psychics to the north of the town and then I went to the Sevault Canyon part of the Seven Island. I found several trainers there and I moved through the canyon and I saved near the middle zone.

Played LeafGreen again today and trained my Moltres some more. I sailed to the Sevii Islands and visited Sevault Canyon, where I fought several trainers and wild Pokemon. Moltres quickly grew to level 99 and then got pretty close to 100. I flew back to the Seven Island town after that and sailed to Five Island. I Surfed up to Resort Gorgeous and got the remaining experience Moltres needed to reach lv. 100 by rematching the trainers there. Also, I maxed out my money as a result of fighting the rich trainers, which was pretty cool.

Next time, I'll probably train another one of my old Pokemon. I have a level 97 Zapdos in my PC that I'd love to get to 100 as well.
    ~ * * ~

I explored Seven Island's Sevault Canyon further and I battled several trainers as I moved through the rugged terrain. I eventually arrived at a rest house where I danced with a Chansey in order to heal my darlings and then I Surfed around the Tanoby Ruins next. I battled against several trainers on the isles and I caught a wild Unown in one of the ruins. I flew back to Seven Island afterwards and I took the Seagallop ferry back to the Kanto mainland. I went to Cerulean City and I Surfed over to the Cerulean Cave since it was now accessible. I entered the cavern and I battled many Pokemon inside. I kept wandering around, but the layout was confusing as usual and it took me a while to find Mewtwo's lair.

Last night, I got my old Zapdos out of the PC and trained it up. I trained on Seven Island first, rematching the trainers in Sevault Canyon again. My Zapdos gained quite a lot of experience from those battles, quickly growing two levels to lv. 99. After that, I flew back to the Six Island town and went into the Pokemon Center to restore my PP. Then, I did a bit of training in the northern part of that island. I went to Ruin Valley after that and fought a few more trainers and wild Pokemon until Zapdos reached lv. 100.
    ~ * * ~

Today I resumed my interrupted FR playthrough from a year ago. I arrived in Cerulean City and healed my darlings at the PC, then I entered the Cerulean City Gym. I battled against the various Gym trainers and their Water-types and I leveled up my team. I then battled Gym Leader Misty and she sent out Staryu first. I sent out a Zubat that I had captured at Mt. Moon and I had it use Supersonic to confuse Staryu. I then used my Pikachu's Thundershock to defeat Staryu. Afterwards, I had to battle against Misty's Starmie. I used my Zubat against it, but Starmie defeated it with Water Pulse. I used my Ivysaur instead after that and I defeated Misty's ratchet Starmie with Vine Whip attacks and finally slayed her team.

Now that I've trained my Zapdos and Moltres to level 100, I would like to finish training my Articuno as well. So a couple of days ago, I got my Articuno out of the PC and started training it. I decided to start training by going through the Elite Four again, so I flew to the Pokemon League and battled everyone there. I used Articuno as much as possible, but mine doesn't really have that great of a moveset, so it was hard to use it against many of the Pokemon I faced. It grew two levels, from 87 to 89, which was a little disappointing as I thought it would grow more. On the bright side, that run through the E4 was my 50th Hall of Fame on this game, which I pretty cool I guess.

After that, I flew to Vermilion City and rematched some trainers on the nearby routes. They weren't that strong, but my Articuno was able to reach level 90.
    ~ * * ~

I left the Cerulean City Gym and visited the PC to heal my team. I then headed back to the Poke Mart to shop. I bought Poke Balls and then I headed north towards the Nugget Bridge/Route 24. I ran into my rival while I was headed north and I had to battle against him. That match was incredibly tedious, but I managed to win in the end. I healed my darlings once more before leaving town. Once I had arrived at Route 24, I had to battle against some trainers along the bridge. It was tough, but my Pokemon got a ton of experience from those battles and then I walked into the tall grass after that and I captured some Pokemon as well. I continued to head north and I saved the game shortly before reaching Route 25.

Battled the trainers on the route east of Vermillion City. I did the S.S. Anne storyline, and got HM01. Probably going to use it a couple of places before battling Vermillion's gym leader.

Rocking a Kadabra, Wartortle, Nidoqueen, Pidgeotto and Pikachu. Levelled them all to over 20. I haven't come across a Pokemon to fill the sixth slot yet.

Latest shiny:

Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )

PM me if you add me.

I battled more trainers at Route 25 and I finally reached the coast and I visited Bill's Cottage there. I helped him with his experiment, then I was given the S.S. Ticket key item for the S.S. Anne ferry. I left Bill's home and ran back to Cerulean City. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center there and I bought some Poke Balls before leaving Cerulean. I had to go through the house that had been robbed by Team Rocket, then I battled against a Rocket grunt outside. I headed south to Route 5 after getting the Dig TM and I visited the Pokemon Day Care there. I left my Pikachu at the Day Care and then I pranced to the Underground Path. I entered it and I walked all the way to Route 6 via the tunnel and saved there next.

A couple of days ago, I trained my Articuno a bit more. I didn't feel like going to the Sevii Islands to train this time, so I just rematched trainers around Kanto. For the most part, I trained on Cycling Road and on the routes near Lavender Town. I fought quite a few trainers, enough to drain nearly all of Articuno's PP a couple times. In the end, I got my Articuno to grow just two levels, to lv. 92. It seems to grow so slow compared to my Zapdos & Moltres...
    Anyway, I'll continue training it later, probably over the next several days.
    ~ * * ~

So at Route 6's tall grass, I battled wild Pokemon and trainers, then I arrived at Vermilion City. I visited the Pokemon Center and healed my darlings and got the Vs. Seeker and then I went outside. I visited homes and got the Old Rod, then I visited the Poke Mart. I stocked up on Poke Balls and then I stepped out to Route 6 to do more training. I captured an Oddish and Meowth as well, then I went back to Vermilion City. I soon went to the harbor and I boarded the S.S. Anne there. I walked around a bit until I reached the cabin area. I battled some trainers inside of them and then I visited the deck of the ship. I also got to explore the kitchens and I found a few items there. I saved the game before heading down.

Got around to doing some more training tonight. I sailed over to Seven Island and walked to Sevault Canyon, one of my favourite training spots. There, I battled some pretty strong trainers using my Articuno. It didn't take me that long to get my Articuno to grow a couple of levels, which was nice since it seemed to be growing so slowly last time. After that, I went over to One Island for a change in scenery. I rematched several trainers on Kindle Road and Articuno reached level 95.
    ~ * * ~

I battled more trainers on the S.S. Anne, then I went to the captain's room and my rival showed up. I was able to defeat his Pokemon eventually and I was finally able to enter the captain's room and I helped him with his nausea as well. I then received the Cut HM from him afterwards and I taught the move to my Oddish next. I then left the S.S. Anne and I healed my darlings at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center and then I bought some more items at the Mart. I had Oddish cut down the tree that was near the Vermilion City Gym so that I could enter the building. Once there, I battled a few Gym trainers and I struggled to solve the Gym's trash puzzle. I had to heal my Pokemon again before solving it, then I saved.

Today, I did a bit more training on One Island until Articuno levelled up to lv. 96. Then, I returned to Kanto and went to the Pokemon League again. I sent out Articuno against each of the Elite Four’s Pokemon so that it got experience every time, and switched out to one of my other Pokemon whenever Articuno couldn’t handle whatever it was up against. After that, I went back to the Sevii Islands for more training. I got Articuno to level 99 at Resort Gorgeous, then returned to Seven Island to get it to grow one more level. After a few rematches there, it reached level 100.

Now, I’ve trained my 3 legendary birds to level 100. In the future, I may train my Mewtwo up to lv. 100 as well, and maybe my old Dragonite too.
    ~ * * ~

God, it's just so much fun to be playing this game again.

Battled Surge, and kicked his ***. Went through the second big cave and came to Lavender Town, battled the trainers who were south of the town. Then I went west and actually made it to Celadon City. I know I can catch a Growlithe around here, sadly, no Vulpix. I wish it would be opposite.

Evolved my Pikachu to Raichu because screw Satoshi.

I kind of cheated my way to Celadon City without battling a lot of trainers. So still a lot to do before I'm done with that city. I didn't even finish Lavender Town. I'm hoping I might be able to get my hands on Dratini, Scyther and Porygon.

Latest shiny:

Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )

PM me if you add me.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 1

Started my Leaf Green today, to tie me over till i get a 3DS next week. I picked Charmander to start with, beat my rival in Prof. Oaks Lab and then set off on my journey. I got into Viridian Forest and caught myself a Pikachu and a Caterpie.

I spent a couple of hours training all three of my Pokemon up in the forest, Caterpie evolved into Metapod, then Butterfree and learned Confusion which i hoped would help my Charmander out a lot in the first Gym.

I took on Brock, Charmander started off well, taking Geodude out with two Metal Claw attacks, got the Attack raise using the second Metal Claw that took Geodude out, so decided to keep Charmander in.

Brock sent out Onix, Charmander got one Metal Claw off on Onix (which only took it to just above half HP), but got one-shotted by Onix's Rock Tomb. So i sent out Butterfree and used Confusion (Onix outsped Butterfree suprisingly, luckily Onix missed it's first Rock Tomb on Butterfree though), getting Onix to the red HP bar. However next turn Onix also one-shotted Butterfree with Rock Tomb as well, so Butterfree was down too.

Knowing i had no choice, i sent in my last Pokemon Pikachu, Onix STILL outsped (seriously i didn't know Onix was so fast for a Rock/Ground type -.-), used Rock Tomb getting Pikachu to just above half HP, Pikachu used Quick Attack and it still didn't quite knock Onix out, but fortunately Onix showed a bit of mercy as it went for Tackle next turn on Pikachu (though barring a critical hit, Pikachu would of survived another Rock Tomb), used Quick Attack one more time, and this time Onix finally went down.

I received the BoulderBadge and the TM for Rock Tomb, left the Gym and went to the Mart to buy some supplies (knowing a cave was coming up i thought it was better to be prepared, than getting stuck in it). Seriously though, if Brock had healed Onix with a Potion i would of been screwed so i got a bit lucky there haha ^^''

After all this (and getting the Running Shoes just outside Pewter City), me and my three Pokemon are now heading to Route 3.

Team:

Level: 14
    Nature: Bashful
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw

Level: 12
    Nature: Modest
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Level: 12
    Nature: Docile
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Confusion (don't have Harden as i evolved Caterpie into Metapod at level 9)

At the moment i haven't decided on my final team (not even sure if i'll keep Charmander or Pikachu, only thing i know for certain right now is Butterfree is getting replaced in the end by another moth/butterfly Pokemon i like way more (kudos if you can guess who it is) ;3
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 26th March 2015 at 9:19 AM. Reason: Gave title

So I defeated Lt. Surge and I dashed to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center next and healed my injured team right away. I went out again and bought items at the Poke Mart. I had to go to Celadon City next so I traveled north towards Cerulean City so that I could head east towards Route 9. Once I had arrived in Cerulean City, I used Cut to cut down a tree that was blocking the road to Route 9. Once there, I started to battle against various trainers who were hanging out in the mountains for the experience. I had to head back to Cerulean City's Pokemon Center to heal some of my injured Pokemon in between battles however and then I saved my game once I found the Pokemon Center at the foot of Rock Tunnel.

Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113 LastLast