Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111
Results 2,751 to 2,766 of 2766

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Today, I did a bit more training on One Island until Articuno levelled up to lv. 96. Then, I returned to Kanto and went to the Pokemon League again. I sent out Articuno against each of the Elite Four’s Pokemon so that it got experience every time, and switched out to one of my other Pokemon whenever Articuno couldn’t handle whatever it was up against. After that, I went back to the Sevii Islands for more training. I got Articuno to level 99 at Resort Gorgeous, then returned to Seven Island to get it to grow one more level. After a few rematches there, it reached level 100.

Now, I’ve trained my 3 legendary birds to level 100. In the future, I may train my Mewtwo up to lv. 100 as well, and maybe my old Dragonite too.
    ~ * * ~

God, it's just so much fun to be playing this game again.

Battled Surge, and kicked his ***. Went through the second big cave and came to Lavender Town, battled the trainers who were south of the town. Then I went west and actually made it to Celadon City. I know I can catch a Growlithe around here, sadly, no Vulpix. I wish it would be opposite.

Evolved my Pikachu to Raichu because screw Satoshi.

I kind of cheated my way to Celadon City without battling a lot of trainers. So still a lot to do before I'm done with that city. I didn't even finish Lavender Town. I'm hoping I might be able to get my hands on Dratini, Scyther and Porygon.

Latest shiny:

Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )

PM me if you add me.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 1

Started my Leaf Green today, to tie me over till i get a 3DS next week. I picked Charmander to start with, beat my rival in Prof. Oaks Lab and then set off on my journey. I got into Viridian Forest and caught myself a Pikachu and a Caterpie.

I spent a couple of hours training all three of my Pokemon up in the forest, Caterpie evolved into Metapod, then Butterfree and learned Confusion which i hoped would help my Charmander out a lot in the first Gym.

I took on Brock, Charmander started off well, taking Geodude out with two Metal Claw attacks, got the Attack raise using the second Metal Claw that took Geodude out, so decided to keep Charmander in.

Brock sent out Onix, Charmander got one Metal Claw off on Onix (which only took it to just above half HP), but got one-shotted by Onix's Rock Tomb. So i sent out Butterfree and used Confusion (Onix outsped Butterfree suprisingly, luckily Onix missed it's first Rock Tomb on Butterfree though), getting Onix to the red HP bar. However next turn Onix also one-shotted Butterfree with Rock Tomb as well, so Butterfree was down too.

Knowing i had no choice, i sent in my last Pokemon Pikachu, Onix STILL outsped (seriously i didn't know Onix was so fast for a Rock/Ground type -.-), used Rock Tomb getting Pikachu to just above half HP, Pikachu used Quick Attack and it still didn't quite knock Onix out, but fortunately Onix showed a bit of mercy as it went for Tackle next turn on Pikachu (though barring a critical hit, Pikachu would of survived another Rock Tomb), used Quick Attack one more time, and this time Onix finally went down.

I received the BoulderBadge and the TM for Rock Tomb, left the Gym and went to the Mart to buy some supplies (knowing a cave was coming up i thought it was better to be prepared, than getting stuck in it). Seriously though, if Brock had healed Onix with a Potion i would of been screwed so i got a bit lucky there haha ^^''

After all this (and getting the Running Shoes just outside Pewter City), me and my three Pokemon are now heading to Route 3.

Team:

Level: 14
    Nature: Bashful
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw

Level: 12
    Nature: Modest
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Level: 12
    Nature: Docile
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Confusion (don't have Harden as i evolved Caterpie into Metapod at level 9)

At the moment i haven't decided on my final team (not even sure if i'll keep Charmander or Pikachu, only thing i know for certain right now is Butterfree is getting replaced in the end by another moth/butterfly Pokemon i like way more (kudos if you can guess who it is) ;3
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 26th March 2015 at 9:19 AM. Reason: Gave title

So I defeated Lt. Surge and I dashed to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center next and healed my injured team right away. I went out again and bought items at the Poke Mart. I had to go to Celadon City next so I traveled north towards Cerulean City so that I could head east towards Route 9. Once I had arrived in Cerulean City, I used Cut to cut down a tree that was blocking the road to Route 9. Once there, I started to battle against various trainers who were hanging out in the mountains for the experience. I had to head back to Cerulean City's Pokemon Center to heal some of my injured Pokemon in between battles however and then I saved my game once I found the Pokemon Center at the foot of Rock Tunnel.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 2

Me and my three Pokemon went to Route 3 and 4 and caught a bunch of Pokemon (none of which i'll be using, i just caught them as there's a certain time in the game where I'll need a lot of Dex entries).

After this, we went through Mt. Moon-which wasn't too hard. Whilst in there i received a Helix Fossil and i caught another four Pokemon, including a Paras which i decided to try out on the team since i needed a Grass type to help in battle against Rock/Ground types. I taught it the Bullet Seed TM which i found in Mt. Moon so it has an actual Grass type move now.

We got out the cave, went along Route 4 and then entered Cerulean City, healed up, went shopping and then faced my rival by a bridge, which Paras did most of the work in and beat him decently enough. Went up the Nugget Bridge, fought the trainers and received a prize Nugget at the end, went through Route 24 and 25, fought even more trainers (Paras was a big help with all the Hikers around), then found a house at the end of the Route.

Went inside the house and helped a guy named Bill change back into a human again, then was rewarded with an S.S Ticket to go on the cruise S.S Anne in Vermilion City, went out the house then went back in a checked Bills' PC out and got four more entries to my Pokedex (Eevee and it's evolutions).

Went back to Cerulean City, healed again, then instead of going to the Gym; i decided to take on a Rocket Grunt who was hanging around a back garden of a house that had been robbed, and received TM Dig for defeating him, tried to return the TM but the guy didn't need it anymore. I continued to follow the path from this house around Cerulean Citys' border, onto Route 5 and followed the Underground Path, emerging onto Route 6, defeated a couple trainers i needed to to get into Vermilion City and got the VS. Seeker from the Pokemon Centre, then went back to Cerulean, so i could use the VS. Seeker to train for the second Gym. Currently battling trainers and training my team up to decent levels thanks to the VS. Seeker.

Team:

Level: 21
    Attacks: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw

Attacks: Thundershock, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Level: 18
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Nature: Serious
    Attacks: Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 26th March 2015 at 9:19 AM. Reason: Gave title

After leaving the Pokemon Center, I entered Rock Tunnel. I ran around and battled Pokemon and leveled up my team by doing that for 20 minutes. Next I battled against trainers and then I picked up items. I headed down the maze some more and I battled against a few more trainers. I eventually found the exit after capturing a wild Machop and Onix and I left Rock Tunnel. I battled some trainers on the route north of Lavender Town and then I healed my Pokemon at the Lavender Town Pokemon Center upon arrival. I purchased some Potions and Great Balls at the local Poke Mart as well and then I entered the Pokemon Tower. Unfortunately, I couldn't climb all the way up. I just saved again before moving on.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 3

Me and my four Pokemon began training for a little bit with the trainers around Cerulean City, and whilst training Paras evolved (i knew he evolved into Parasect, but because i'd never used this Pokemon before, i didn't know when Paras would evolve-he wound up evolving at level 24 though which was a nice suprise) and i evolved Charmander too (was going to just leave him a Charmander as i like Charmander the most out of his line, but i figured since i'm still not sure i'll be sticking with him anyway, and that aftergame i could easily breed another Charmander, i decided to just evolve him, just in case he did stick around).

After the training, i decided to finally take on the second Gym. The two trainers before the Gym Leader were easy enough to get through, then i battled Misty. Misty sent out Staryu first and i sent out Pikachu. Pikachu used Thundershock on Staryu and it was a one-shot.

Misty then sent out Starmie; i kept Pikachu in and went for a Thunder Wave to paralyze it (to help Parasect outspeed when he came in as i knew Pikachu was going to go down soon), it hit it's mark and Starmie fired a strong Water Pulse at Pikachu, leaving him just below half health, i just went for Thundershock the next turn, for the damage (got Starmie to three quarters HP down, but still not in the red HP bar); and like i thought Starmie fired a second Water Pulse and knocked Pikachu out (no parahax there unfortunately...), so i went into Parasect and used Bullet Seed (he attacked Starmie first, thanks to Pikachu's Thunder Wave paralysing it earlier) and he was able to beat Starmie, enabling me to receive the CascadeBadge and the TM for Water Pulse. After the Gym, i went to heal my Pokemon, stocked up in the Mart, then started off towards Route 6 again to head to Vermilion City.

After returning to Route 6 (battling all the trainers i'd missed before) and Vermilion City, i stopped by a Fishing Guru's house, and he gave me an Old Rod, to catch Pokemon with, and then went to the Pokemon Fan Club where i talked to the Chairman and he started talking about his favorite Pokemon Rapidash in great detail i must add...(seriously Rapidash is my favorite Fire type Pokemon but i still couldn't talk about one for THAT long as he did oh well nice to see a Rapidash fan i suppose? x'D), after listening to him ramble on, he gave me a Bike Voucher for me to exchange in Cerulean City for a Bicycle, so i quickly dashed back to Cerulean to get my Bicycle then went back to Vermilion. I think i'll just train here for a while till all my Pokemon are around level 26 as i really want Pikachu to gain Thunderbolt before me and my Pokemon continue on.

Really impressed with Parasect so far though :3

Team:

Level: 24

Attacks: Thundershock, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Attacks: Tackle, Whirlwind, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Attacks: Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 26th March 2015 at 9:20 AM. Reason: Gave title

I arrived at Route 8 next and fought trainers, then I reached the gate that led to Saffron City. I couldn't pass though, so instead I used the Underground Path. I arrived in Route 7 after traveling through the tunnel and I caught some Pokemon in the tall grass there. I then arrived in Celadon City afterwards and I went to the Celadon City Department Store and I bought things with my cash. I visited the Pokemon Center too and I healed my darlings. I spent the rest of my time exploring Celadon City and I got an Eevee as a gift from some dude. I then visited the Game Corner after getting the Coin Case and I played the slot machines there. I eventually unlocked the Rocket Hideout in the basement and I saved there.

After doing more training with my Pokemon; i went into Digletts’ Cave, however i forgot i hadn’t got the Cut HM yet so i couldn’t cut down the trees to get HM Flash, so i had to go back to Vermilion City, but caught a Diglett anyway on the way out and put it into my team.

I went onto the S.S Anne to find the Cut HM. After battling a lot of trainers there and picking up the Brick Break and Rest TMs, i once again had to battle my rival, with Butterfree doing the most work after Pikachu had Thunderbolted the Pidgeotto (i was using Butterfree a lot because he was the lowest levelled Pokemon at the time). After beating my rival; i went to the Captains’ room, rubbed his back as he was seasick and as a reward he gave me HM Cut, which after i left the ship, i taught to my (spare) Paras.

I went back through Digletts’ Tunnel, and this time, when i emerged out of the other side i used Paras to cut down the trees blocking the way to where the Profs Aide was waiting to give me HM Flash as long as i’d caught 10 kinds of Pokemon (i had caught 25). With this in hand i went back through Diglett’s Cave to Vermilion City.

This time i was lucky enough to bump into a level 31 Dugtrio on the way out (i was using Repels because of Arena Trap and my highest level Pokemon was level 29) and i caught it, so immediately after leaving the cave i put the level 31 Dugtrio into my party, rather than the Diglett i’d caught earlier.

After all this, i went to the Gym and used Cut to access it, battled the trainers in there (which were super easy thanks to my Dugtrio), then spent around 10 minutes trying to find the 2 switches to open the door to the Gym Leader Lt. Surge after that, the battle began.

Lt. Surges’ Voltorb went down easy to my Dugtrio’s Dig attack. He sent out a Pikachu, so i kept Dugtrio out and went for another Dig, Pikachu used Double Team but Dugtrio still hit Pikachu and knocked it out in one go despite the Double Team being up.

Now was the really annoying part...Lt. Surge sent out Raichu, i’m not going to go into it (it would just bore people), but all i’m going to say is Raichu spammed Double Team, so in the end none of my attacks were hitting and he used Thunder Wave as well and i couldn’t even use Charmeleons’ Smokescreen since Raichu had Shock Wave (100% accuracy move no matter what) and he also had a Full Heal so he healed the paralysis from my Pikachu’s Thunder Wave (Pikachu was already fainted by then so couldn’t try Thunder Wave again) and somehow he’d knocked out 3 of my 5 Pokemon (including Dugtrio), leaving only Butterfree and Parasect remaining (the Paras didn’t count). I used Parasect and in the end (after like 5-6 tries) Bullet Seed hit Raichu and it FINALLY went down (took like 20 minutes thanks to Double Team)...without a doubt that was the most frustrating battle i’ve had yet so far in this game. After beating Lt. Surge, he gave me TM Shock Wave and the ThunderBadge.

I left the Gym, decided to use my Old Rod and catch a Magikarp which i deposited into the Daycare on the way back to Cerulean City (Route 5) and now me and my Pokemon are about to enter Route 9, near the next cave.

Team:

Level: 27

Level: 29
    Attacks: Thunderbolt, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Level: 28
    Attacks: Tackle, Gust, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Level: 29
    Attacks: Scratch, Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed

Level: 31
    Nature: Impish
    Attacks: Dig, Fury Swipes, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 26th March 2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Please stop deleting & posting the same thing over and over

So tonight, I decided to start training my old Mewtwo again out of boredom. I withdrew it from the PC and took it to the Pokemon League for some training against the Elite Four. Mewtwo was able to take on most of the Elite Four's Pokemon on its own because I fortunately didn't mess up its moveset *that* much when I was younger, so I was able to get quite a lot of experience. It was level 90 when I started and managed to nearly reach level 93 by the time I defeated my rival.

Once I was back in Pallet Town, I started Surfing down towards Cinnabar Island because I didn't have a Pokemon with Fly in my party. I rematched a few Fishermen along the way and got Mewto to level up to 93. Once I reached Cinnabar, I healed at the Pokemon Center there and then saved.
    ~ * * ~

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 5

Me and my Pokemon battled through Route 9, until we came to Route 10 and caught a Voltorb there (i also thought a team member possibility would of been there, but turns out i can’t get it just yet)...then we went to the entrance of Rock Tunnel, i made sure i had enough supplies and my spare Paras with Cut and Flash in 6th slot on my team and then went inside.

The cave was very long and tedious, but we fought our way through it and emerged out onto the other side of Route 10, skipped the trainers by the entrance and just before the city (as my Pokemon were low health, but i’ll be going back to them later). Then we arrived in Lavender Town.

Once in Lavender Town, i quickly healed my Pokemon, then went straight to Route 8, skipped as many trainers as possible there too (so i could use them to train a bit after), got to the end of the Route, then went through another Underground Path, emerging at Route 7, and went left into Celadon City (where the 4th Gym Leader is).

In Celadon City, i went straight into the back way of the Celadon Mansion, went up a couple flights of stairs until i came to a room with a Pokeball in it-i took it and inside there was an Eevee! It was a female too so that was lucky-however the Eevee is a Modest nature...which would be good for any of the original Eeveelutions other than the one i was aiming for-Flareon, but oh well i guess it at least helps her Fire type attacks and Flareons’ physical attack stat is huge anyway, being base 130 and all, with base 95 special attack so sacrificing a bit of the attack stat in order to help her special attack be better is an ok trade to me, especially with it just being in-game and all.

After getting Eevee, i deposited Charmeleon in the PC, then went to the Celadon Dept store and bought a spare Dig and Brick Break TM, along with a Fire Stone for Eevee, for whenever i evolve her (probably not for a while since i’ll have to buy the Flamethrower and maybe Shadow Ball and Ice Beam TMs from the Celadon Game Corner, so may as well keep her normal STAB unevolved until i get enough coins). I went into a cafe and received the Coin Case from a guy who had had enough of slots, enabling me to buy/play to get coins for the TMs i need.

Now with my new Eevee in hand (and finally a permanent team member after so long ^^’’) i went back to Lavender Town, and will be battling the trainers around Route 10 and 8, levelling up my Pokemon some more.

Team:

Level: 31
    Attacks: Thunderbolt, Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Level: 30

Level: 32

Level: 25
    Attacks: Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack

(P:S sorry about the post issue :<)

I went back to Lavender Town and visited the Pokemon Tower and I battled my rival. I healed my darlings next after the battle, then I returned to the Pokemon Tower. I had to climb up and battle against many Channeler trainers and I also battled against wild Gastly and Haunter that my new Silph Scope let me see. I healed my Pokemon again inside a purification zone in the middle of the Pokemon Tower and then I had to battle more Channelers. I finally arrived at a step that led to the roof of the tower, but the spirit of a Cubone's mom stopped me from climbing. I had to defeat the Marowak and then I battled the Team Rocket grunts at the tower's roof. I saved my game at Mr. Fuji's home after I got the Poke Flute.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 6

After training some more, and getting to level 30+ on everybody, i went to the Game Corner in Celadon City and battled it out with Team Rocket’s boss, Giovanni, and after beating him, i received the Silph Scope to take to Lavender Tower in Lavender Town (otherwise all the wild Pokemon there would show up as ghosts).

I got back to Lavender Town, healed up, and then entered Lavender Tower where my rival was waiting to battle me, yet again my team proved to be superior. After beating him, i taught Pikachu Brick Break, and taught Eevee Dig and put Eevee at the front (since i haven’t evolved her yet, she is still a Normal type so immune to Ghost type Pokemon moves, plus at level 30, she learned Bite-a Dark Type move super-effective against Ghost types), then started the long climb to the top of the tower.

After battling so many Channelers and their Ghost type Pokemon, i finally made it to the second highest floor-where a ghost of a Marowak appeared which i managed to defeat, using Parasect. I managed to catch a Gastly and a Cubone, tried to catch a Haunter too (twice!!), but unfortunately the first used Curse and fainted itself, and the second one my Butterfree critted with a Gust attack after putting it to sleep with Sleep Powder.

As i got to the top floor, i discovered that Team Rocket was up to tricks again; this time capturing a man called Mr. Fuji, who had gone to the tower to calm the soul of a Cubones mum (the Marowak i’d just defeated). After defeating Team Rocket once again; Mr. Fuji thanked me and my Pokemon, then gave me a Poke Flute to wake up two Snorlax blocking the roads to Cycling Road (just past Celadon City) and Route 11/12 respectively, so with this in mind, i headed down to Route 12 to wake up the first Snorlax.

Team:

Level: 33
    Attacks: Thunderbolt, Slam, Brick Break, Thunder Wave

Level: 34

Level: 34
    Attacks: Dig, Bite, Growl, Quick Attack

Gamelink cable and Fire Red came in today so that's a game changer for my team. Training on One Island right now for my first go around with the Elite 4. As soon as my team matches my rival's in level I'll challenge them. I'm not fully knowledgeable about natures but I haven't had any problems at all in battle.

My team after trading with Fire Red (movesets are subject to change)

Pidgeot Lv.59 (training complete)
    Mild nature
    Fly
    Aerial Ace
    Wing Attack
    Featherdance

Alakazam Lv.49
    Calm nature
    Psychic
    Reflect
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball

Machamp Lv.48
    Hardy nature
    Strength
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide

Lapras Lv.47
    Calm nature
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Body Slam
    Confuse Ray

Ninetales Lv.47
    Lonely nature
    Safeguard
    Confuse Ray
    Quick Attack
    Flamethrower

Venusaur Lv.60
    Jolly nature
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Razor Leaf
    Sleep Powder

With the Poke Flute in my Bag, I went to Route 12 and I used the Poke Flute to awaken Snorlax. I managed to weaken it and I wanted to capture it, but I had to beat it since I ran out of Great Balls. I arrived in Vermilion City next and I healed my Pokemon at the PC there and shopped for more items. I headed north to Saffron City and then I went west to Celadon City. I found another sleeping Snorlax near a gatehouse and I captured that one for my collection. I arrived at Cycling Road and I battled some of the Bikers and Cue Ball trainers that were there. I headed south after that, but I encountered even more Bikers on the way to Fuchsia City. I defeated them and leveled up my Pokemon. I saved my game on Route 18.

Default NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 7

Got down to Route 12, decided that i didn’t want to get the Snorlax blocking this path (because there was a second Snorlax still just past Celadon City anyway), so i just ran away from the Route 12 one, and continued down until i came to a place in Route 12 where i had to cut down a tree to access the grass, so i did and there i caught a Venonat and a Weepinbell respectively. I took the level 24 Venonat out right away and replaced Butterfree (and deposited Dugtrio as it wasn’t really helping any) as i’d already decided when i first started my game that i wanted Venomoth (my favourite butterfly/moth like Pokemon-even to this day).

Then i went back to Celadon City, remembering i hadn’t picked up HM Fly yet to help me get around easier, and whilst i was there, i also got the Tea from a lady in the Celadon Mansion, and gave it to a guard leading into Saffron City. To thank me for doing that he let me through to Saffron City (though i’m not going there just yet).

Also been testing some of my Pokemons’ Hidden Power type (i got the TM via Pickup from my Meowth, then after testing on one Pokemon i soft reset to check the others), and turns out:

~ Pikachu has Hidden Power Ice (YES!!) so now i’m really not sure i want to replace him after all, unless the replacement i’m thinking of winds up with Hidden Power Ice too of course.

~ Parasect has Hidden Power Electric, useful for Flying types he can’t hit otherwise i guess

~ Eevee has Hidden Power Electric too, which if i do go through with Flareon like i’m hoping-she’ll be able to hit Water type Pokemon (which in these games are very common) super effectively.

~ Venonat has Hidden Power Psychic (not that useful considering Venomoth gets Psychic moves anyway).

Decided to check on both Butterfree and Charmeleon (the teammates i dropped) just out of curiosity, they both had Hidden Power Rock so i guess i’m not missing out on much luckily (though granted Butterfree could of benefitted against Fire Types, but judging from the amount of damage Butterfree was dishing out, the Hidden Power attack strength wasn’t very high anyway).

Other than that; i haven’t really got that much further, since i’ve been spending time training Venonat. I’ll most likely be stuck in Lavender Town/Celadon City/flying round to rebattle trainers for a while as there’s much i need to do yet (i still need some TM’s from the Celadon Game Corner), as well as getting my Meowth to find at least two more Hidden Power TMs for the team.

Team:

Level: 35
    Attacks: Thunderbolt, Slam, Brick Break, Thunder Wave

Level: 35
    Attacks: Dig, Bite, Growl, Quick Attack

Level: 30
    Nature: Timid