Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

restarted fire red as i aint played in awhile and named myself Nova. Chose charmander as my starter to go with my name and ran into some bad luck on my way to get oak his package. i ran into a shiny rattata in route 1 but couldn't catch it due to not having pokeballs or the pokedex yet. after that disappointment i got my pokeballs and caught me a mankey, pidgey and spearow. caught spearow just for the trade later in game. after training up mankey and charmander to lvl 8 i found Gary in route 22. Charmander took out his pidgey and mankey lowered squirtles hp to 1, where my lvl 4 pidgey took it out and grew 3 lvls. 1hr into the game and im resting in the pokemon center

Team
    charmander lvl 9
    pidgey lvl 7
    mankey lvl 8

Edit: long story short, since yesterday i made it from viridian forest to beating Lt Surge and im getting HM flash as i type

my team is in my signature
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 12th October 2009 at 2:45 PM.

After a bit less than two hours of playing the newly restarted LG, I encountered a shiny Paras. Now that was a good reason to wake me up from my drowsy tram ride. It's also the very first shiny that cart generated since I bought it four years ago.
    Yay^^
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

I just restarted my LeafGreen 2 days ago, My trainer card is up to date with my adventure. Im in the Ghost tower right now.. I decided to go with a team with pokemon I almost never have.

I've managed to evolve my shiny Gastly into a Haunter and I'm working to train it, my Alakazam, my Gyarados, my Wailord, and my Aerodactyl so that they may be able to face the Elite 4. I'm also working on evolving my Dragonair into a Dragonite, but have it learn Outrage before I do evolve it.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

It seems I havent played LG in so long that I forgot about needing to go to the game corner to go up in the Ghost tower. Once I have the pokeflute ill catch myself a Snorlax. Right now its, Venusaur:32, Raichu:31, Flareon:31, and Alakazam:33.

Well, this is my first update, but I've been trying to use Pokemon that I haven't tried before =)
    However, I'm spelunking about in victory road right now, so I'm quite far in the game.
    So my first update will be with my teams status. I'll include every Pokemon that I used throughout.

-Started with Squirtle.
    -Caught a Spearow.
    -Caught a Weedle.
    - Weedle evolves into Kakuna and then into Beedrill
    -Caught a Ratatta.
    -I Catch a Pikachu
    -Squirtle Evolves into Wartortle
    -I catch an Oddish
    -I put Pikachu in the box and catch a Voltorb to use instead.

At this point, up until Fuschia City, my team was...

-Zakro the Wartortle
    -Ordish the Gloom
    -(?) The Beedrill
    -Flaunto the Electrode
    -Spunky the Fearow
    -And Twaffle the Rattata (HM Slave)

After the Safari Zone... I switched my team around... and now in the victory road it looks like...

Spunky - Level 45
    Quiet
    -Drill Peck
    -Steel Wing
    -Fly
    -Secret Power

Flaunto - Level 45
    Naive
    -Shock Wave
    -Spark
    -Flash
    -Sonic Boom

Harzoude - Level 45
    Careful
    -Rock Tomb
    -Brick Break
    -Dig
    -Strength

Axed - Level 45
    Quiet
    -Sunny Day
    -Psychic
    -Confusion
    -Solarbeam

Gimbo - Level 46
    Gentle
    -Surf
    -Brick Break
    -Confusion
    -Ice Beam

Patchouli - Level 45
    Serious
    -Toxic
    -SLudge
    -Thunder
    -Shadow Ball

And that's it! I'll update once I try and trump the E4.
    -Hoagie
    FC: 5155-8804-5417
    I live my life for the Lord! As such, I'm part of the SPPF-Christian Alliance =)
    If you have any questions about faith, don't hesitate to send me a message!

All righty, so since I last posted, I trained up Skye and Nova until they were both at level 16, and in the process of doing that, I caught a Pikachu! :D He is very hardy and brave and can really take a hit. I named him Sunni and trained him to about level 9 before we tackled the Pewter City Gym once more.

However, despite our best efforts and all three of my Pokemon doing their absolute best, we were defeated yet again by Brock's Onix. I knew my Pokemon were tough enough to beat him, so I decided to change my strategy a bit. Rather than go with a barrage of Metal Claw attacks, I had Nova use Growl a few times on Onix so his Rock Tomb attack wouldn't completely wipe Nova out. Then I just used Potions as needed and kept up with Metal Claw.

Of course, my beloved Nova was fantastic in that match. He managed to dodge a few attacks from both Geodude and Onix as well as getting a critical hit in there. Needless to say I was a proud trainer. :> And of course Skye and Sunni were in the background, cheering on their buddy Nova, so together we won our first Kanto League Badge.

Afterwards, we headed out to Route 3 and I had Sunni battle a few of the trainers there so he could catch up to Skye and Nova. He's now at level 11, and that's when we decided to head back to Pewter City and rest up in the Pokemon Center.

EDIT (October 15, 2009): So, last night I did a ton of training, and now Skye, Nova, and Sunni are all at level 17. :] They've worked so hard, I'm very proud of them. We also searched for about an hour for a male Nidoran, but we didn't see a single one. I'll search later on for one, but if it still is just taking forever, we may progress on through Mt. Moon without adding Nidoran to our team.

I have also made a (potentially fatal :x) decision. I want to become the Champion of Kanto using completely unevolved Pokemon. So, the Pokemon you see in my sig will be the Pokemon I challenge the Elite Four with. Haha, that's the plan anyway. If it truly becomes too difficult, I'll evolve some of the Pokemon I originally planned to anyway (but not Nova, he'll be a Charmander forever <3).

The reason I decided to do this was because I just love my team as they are right now. They're all strong and only getting stronger, and they're so cute. :]
    Last edited by Nidowolf; 15th October 2009 at 5:34 PM.
    .:LeafGreen Team:.

Nova .::. Skye .::. Sunni .::. Hex

Okay, I defeated Givonni at the game corner and found the Silph scope he stole. I immediatly biked my way to ghost tower and on my way there Saur turned lv.33, Pika 33, Vee 33, and Kaza 34. Once Mr.Fuji gave me his pokeflute I went both snorlaxes and caught both. The first by vermillion was quite annoying with his rests, however the second was much easier. But after I caught both I decided not to go with either XD. I decided I have Snorlax quite often and have only had Dragonite once. I caught a lv. 22 dratini on firered, AFTER 22 DRATINIS AND DRAGONAIR. Ive raised it to lv. 27 I plan on trading it over on sunday.

Well, I have some exciting news. I started my Fire Red Scramble Challenge yesterday morning, caught my Mankey, and while I was training my Mankey on Route 2, I look down at the screen, and find a gold Pidgey looking up at me from the screen.

So of course, having never seen a shiny in my own game, I start to panic. I weaken the Pidgey with two scratches, (No crit. hits, Thank God!) and it is down to 6 HP. I throw a Pokeball. *shake* *shake* *shake* BAM! CRAP!! It breaks out! Now I only have 1 Pokeball left. I'm shaking, panting, the whole package. I knew if I weakened the Pidgey I would kill it, and smash my DS. However, if I threw my Pokeball, MY LAST POKEBALL, I might not catch it, and I would HAVE to kill it. I took the chance and used my last Pokeball on the Pidgey.

*Shake**Shake**Shake*...*click*

Gotcha! Pidgey was caught!

Me: YAY!! YAY!! OMG! I CAUGHT IT!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! YAY!!!

I knew I couldn't use it in my Fire Red, since my Scramble Challenge didn't have Pidgey, and it would just rot in my PC Box forever. So, I transferred it to my Platinum, where I could train it into a beautiful Shiny Pidgeot. It's a shiny Pidgetto now.
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Murkrow96 View Post
    Well, I have some exciting news. I started my Fire Red Scramble Challenge yesterday morning, caught my Mankey, and while I was training my Mankey on Route 2, I look down at the screen, and find a gold Pidgey looking up at me from the screen.

So of course, having never seen a shiny in my own game, I start to panic. I weaken the Pidgey with two scratches, (No crit. hits, Thank God!) and it is down to 6 HP. I throw a Pokeball. *shake* *shake* *shake* BAM! CRAP!! It breaks out! Now I only have 1 Pokeball left. I'm shaking, panting, the whole package. I knew if I weakened the Pidgey I would kill it, and smash my DS. However, if I threw my Pokeball, MY LAST POKEBALL, I might not catch it, and I would HAVE to kill it. I took the chance and used my last Pokeball on the Pidgey.

*Shake**Shake**Shake*...*click*

Gotcha! Pidgey was caught!

Me: YAY!! YAY!! OMG! I CAUGHT IT!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! YAY!!!

I knew I couldn't use it in my Fire Red, since my Scramble Challenge didn't have Pidgey, and it would just rot in my PC Box forever. So, I transferred it to my Platinum, where I could train it into a beautiful Shiny Pidgeot. It's a shiny Pidgetto now.
    I say a good idea would be buying the maximum amount of Pokéballs you can buy.
    Once you have around 30, then you start using money on mecidine and stuff.
    That way, you won't be stuck without any Pokéball against a shiny.

I say a good idea would be buying the maximum amount of Pok&#233;balls you can buy.
    Once you have around 30, then you start using money on mecidine and stuff.
    That way, you won't be stuck without any Pok&#233;ball against a shiny.
    Yeah, but this was in the beginning of my game, so I had like NO money, and I was using the Pokeballs given to me by the Prof. I carry Pokeballs everywhere now, though.
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Murkrow96 View Post
    Yeah, but this was in the beginning of my game, so I had like NO money, and I was using the Pokeballs given to me by the Prof. I carry Pokeballs everywhere now, though.
    You are supposed to have $3000 right from the start, you can spend it on Pokéballs at the mart.

Are you serious? I congratulate you. Shiny Pidgeot is my goal! I've been wanting one for....lets say a long time.

Today I've just been (sorta) working on my pathetic Pokedex and training my team for the next gym in Fuchsia. I've been doing most of that on the Cycling Road path(s) and such. I've come to realize that my team is actually more vulnerable than I thought, which makes me want to consider changing it up a bit...but I don't even know who to include in my team at this point. :/ I caught a Dratini the other day...but that's only at level 15, meaning I would either have to train it myself or just drop it off at the Day-Care, even though I'd rather not.

Charizard
    Farfetched
    Dugtrio
    Primeape
    Weepinbell
    Paris (HM Slave)

Sooooo yeah....Dx
    ^Sig made by Amazingkiss
    "Current" Black Team:

Ok so, since last time i've done quite a few things. First of all. I Renamed some pokemon because they evolved. Here's my team as of now.

Saur Lv. 41
    Frenzy Plant
    SolarBeam
    Strength
    Giga Drain

Rai Lv.40
    ThunderBolt
    Mega Punch
    Dig
    ThunderWave

Flare Lv.41
    Flamethrower
    Bite
    Quick Attack
    Sand Attack

Lapras Lv.41
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Kaza Lv.41
    Physchic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Shock Wave

Knight Lv.42
    Slam
    Dragon Rage
    Fire Blast
    Twister

I've just beat Blaine and I forgot Sabrina so im heading back to Saffron and then to viridian for the Gym. Then I might need some more training before I go after Gary and Victory Road.

Yesterday was a day of win. I was catching some Pokémon in the Safari Zone, and I find a shiny female Nidoran. I shoved the game in my dad's face and said the ball wouldn't work, and it would run away. I caught that thing. It's Modest Nature.

So I found a replacement for my Nidoking. 8D At the end of the day, I ended up with seven badges, and found myself laughing at the mention of "Tombstony". XDDDD

* Midori Lvl 41
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick
    ~Thunder
    ~Rain Dance

Blehish Lvl 40
    ~Surf
    ~Bite
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Protect

PyroSphere Lvl 39
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Bite
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Attract

Hito-san Lvl 39
    ~Brick Break
    ~Thief
    ~Strength
    ~Mind Reader

Kotone Lvl 39
    ~Fly
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Whirlwind
    ~Featherdance

Ei-Fii Lvl 39
    ~Psychic
    ~Headbutt
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Poison Gas
    Pokemon Y
    4055-4543-2432
    Friend Safari: Fraxure, Dragonair, Sliggoo
    Dex 717/718
    Need Dex Entry for Keldeo!

Wow everyone just keeps getting Shinies in
    FR/LG, Congrats. I caught a shiny Gastly in FR, but that was quite a long time ago.

I once caught a shiny Ratatta and Drowzee in my LeafGreen, I was so excited. :D But they are long gone now, argh.

Anyways, since my last post, I haven't done a whole lot. I've been very busy with school, work, and being sick. Blahh. But anyway, I found time to play last night, and finally caught a male Nidoran! :) Haha, I was using Skye at the time, and needless to say, we were both absolutely stunned when we came across him. The other day, we'd searched for over an hour and saw not ONE male Nidoran, and here we find one on our third battle in Route 3. He is a very relaxed Pokemon and I know he'll be an excellent addition to my team. I named him Hex and he already seems to fit right in with my other Pokemon.

I'll continue training Hex until he reaches level 17, the level of my other Pokemon, then we'll make our way through Mt. Moon.
    .:LeafGreen Team:.

Nova .::. Skye .::. Sunni .::. Hex

I've started new games on FR and LG.

==FR==

Ok, for the first time in my life (not counting monotypes), my team's gonna have a theme! The theme is "Monster/Dragon", which means i'm only gonna raise pokemon that are monstrous or dragon-like.

-Named my character Drake
    -Chose Charmander as my starter. Named him Draco (latin for dragon)
    -did the usual starting routines
    -Leveled Draco up, and beat my rival (Kaz)
    -Traveled through Viridian Forest, defeating Bug catchers along the way.
    -Lost to Brock in our first match. In our second match, Draco got two attack boosts from Metal Claw, and annihilated Brocks Onix.
    -Travelled to the Mt. Moon entrance, avoiding trainers as much as possible. I also caught a Nidoran-M along the way, naming him Dahaka. (A cookie for the one who knows where I got the nickname.)
    -Did the usual post- Mt. Moon stuff, defeated Misty, Kaz and moved on.
    -Cleared all trainers onboard S.S. Anne, PWNed Kaz, and received HM01
    -Destroyed Lt. Surge

Current Location: Route 10 Pokecenter
    Current Team:

Draco (Charizard) Lv. 36
    -Flamethrower
    -Metal Claw
    -Mega Punch
    -Wing Attack

Dahaka (Nidoking) Lv. 33
    -Horn Attack
    -Double Kick
    -Focus Energy
    -Leer

==LG==

-Named my character Dave, and my rival Kene
    -Chose Bulbasaur as my starter
    -Did the usual starting routines
    -Caught a Spearow in Route 22
    -Caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest
    -Levelled them up

Current Location: Viridian City
    Current Team:

Bulbasaur Lv. 10
    -Vine Whip
    -Tackle
    -Leech Seed
    -Growl

Spearow Lv. 9
    -Peck
    -Leer
    -Growl

Pikachu Lv. 10
    -Thundershock
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip
    -Thunderwave
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

Okay, I beat the Saffron gym with ease, Kaza's shadow ball did most of the work. But after I left I noticed my pokemon needed some training and I really wanted to evolve Knight. So I left for One Island and used my Vs. Seeker many times to earn some levels, Kaza gained quite a bit because he had physchic. I then decided Knight needed a new move, and one in attack because his attack was so high. So I left for celadon and I earned 2,400 coins in the machines and bought the rest because im lazy. I gave Knight my good tms (but sadly very little pp they have) and went back to One Island. I then took Knight up to lv. 47 and decided it was time to try for the Viridian Gym. I fly to Viridian and enter the Gym, right now im in the gym and so far im letting Knight do this solo so he can evolve.

But once I beat the gym im probably still going to need to train the rest of my team so i'll most likely head back over to One Island for some more Fighting type butt-kicking.
    Saur Lv. 42
    Frenzy Plant
    SolarBeam
    Strength
    Giga Drain

Rai Lv.42
    ThunderBolt
    Mega Punch
    Dig
    ThunderWave

Flare Lv.43
    Flamethrower
    Bite
    Quick Attack
    Sand Attack

Lapras Lv.43
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Kaza Lv.44
    Physchic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Shock Wave

Knight Lv.50
    Blizzard
    Steel Tail
    Fire Blast
    Surf

the first shiny i ever caught was a.....let me see.....................YES!IT WAS MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my luck!
    Copy and Paste this into your signature if you thing 3rd games (platinum, yellow, emerald, crystal) deserve to be remade as well! (Started by Lucario God 1)

This is the pokemon I got when I randomized all choices

I have claimed Lucario,the ultimate tool of destruction!!!

i had a team of these pokemons
    Venusaur lvl 42 F
    Arcanine lvl 39 M
    Lapras lvl 40 F
    Snorlax lvl 37 M
    Pikachu lvl 45 M
    Kadabra lvl 38 M
    And when i was changing my catridge my firered game fell and my save game was deleted.
    After that i restarted my game and saved but when i restarted the game it said that
    My saved file was corrupted and was deleted. After that i threw the gameboy and broke it. But my parents has promised to buy me a new one next month.

Venusaur lvl 42 F
    Arcanine lvl 39 M
    Lapras lvl 40 F
    Snorlax lvl 37 M
    Pikachu lvl 45 M
    Kadabra lvl 38 M
    And when i was changing my catridge my firered game fell and my save game was deleted.
    After that i restarted my game and saved but when i restarted the game it said that
    My saved file was corrupted and was deleted. After that i threw the gameboy and broke it. But my parents has promised to buy me a new one next month.

Venusaur lvl 42 F
    Arcanine lvl 39 M
    Lapras lvl 40 F
    Snorlax lvl 37 M
    Pikachu lvl 45 M
    Kadabra lvl 38 M

Just realized that the name Deoxys (DNA Pokemon) comes from the word DNA. DNA's long version is Deoxy ribo Nucleic Acid (science class)

Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast