Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

After beating Brock, I healed, and headed for Mt. Moon. Trained everyone to lvl 18 before entering, and amazingly, as soon as I left, my team was all lvl 20, except for Bellsprout, as I was saving him for the Gym Trainers. He swept both, reaching lvl 20 in no time, thanks to boosted EXP and Lucky Egg. I healed, and challenged Misty. Bellsprout got into the red because it wouldn't listen to me, but somehow still OHKO'd Staryu. It reached lvl 21, so I swapped in Gyarados, who 2HKO'd Starmie with Bite. Afterwards, I healed, and saved. Just waiting for my Ruby file to catch up, as soon as it does, I shall resume my journey.

Charmeleon lvl 20
    Raticate lvl 20
    Mankey lvl 20
    Sandshrew lvl 20
    Gyarados lvl 21
    Weepinbell lvl 21
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Default Recent Happenings in my LeafGreen

Train my Gastly in Pokemon Tower and at Route 12. Finally, she evolved into Haunter.

Current team:
    Lv.35 Wartotle
    Lv.32 Raticate
    Lv.33 Pidgeotto
    Lv.31 Jolteon
    Lv.26 Haunter
    Lv.12 Meowth(HM slave)
    Last edited by leilukin; 11th December 2009 at 3:50 AM. Reason: Didn't change 'Gastly' into 'Haunter' in the 'Current Team' section

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

BIG UPDATE

After beating Koga with difficulty, cause his Muk Acid Armored and Minimized up before I could get a good shot in. I tried using all of my pokemon, and the only one that could do any real damage to the superbuffed Muk was Mr.Furious using Surf and Dig. Unfortunatly, I had to get Mr.Furious out of there after Muk was downed, because Mr.Furious was low on HP and PP. My Venonat finished off his Koffing with an OHKO Psychic.

Ieatcloth evolved after the battle, and gained Gust. I then proceeded to use Mr.Furious to surf to Cinnibar (avoiding the trainers so I could use my final party member on them) to grab my final party member. I found Koffing after a few battles, and succeeded in Sleep Hax, and grabbed the Koffing, naming it Boomball (a fitting name for what I want it to do)

Boomball was hard to train, and I suffered a dissapointment as I learned it couldn't learn Ice Beam, so I taught Ice Beam to Mr.Furious instead. I gave Boomball Shock Wave so that it could do some damage to the enemies in Silph Co. I then remembered that I could find Thunder in the Power Plant, and went over there to grab it. I caught a Magnemite and a Pikachu while I was there, but Voltorb resisted capture. I taught Boomball Thunder, and tried to get Flamethrower, but I didn't have enough money to grab enough coins.

Silph was a Koffing's dream, it had lots of enemies that had the Flying duel type, which Koffing likes a lot. I used Mr.Furious on the Scientists due to their love of Magnemite and Magneton, and Dig being an OHKO every time to them. Gary got easier, as I swept through most of his team with little problem. Gyrados got a lucky shot on Boomball as Thunder decided to miss. Mr.Furious wasn't dealing enough damage to Gyrados with Rock Slide as Gyrados decided to spam Dragon Rage. Flowerkin finally KOed it with Strength.

Giovanni was a joke, even though his Nidoqueen was 2 levels higher than my strongest pokemon, I easily carved through it with Ieatcloth, who 2KOed it with Psychic. I thought he started off with his Rhyhorn, so I had put Flowerkin in front, but his starter was a Nidorino. I spammed Strength and Sleep Powder to kill it, and after his Nidoqueen, THEN he decides that he should use his Rhyhorn, whom Flowerkin happily OHKOed with Razor Leaf. Then came his tank, Kangaskhan. I sent out Mr.Furious, and like Koga, his Kanga effectively walled me, both Physically and Specially. I succeeded in KOing it though, as it's attacks were pitifully weak, even Mega Punch didn't leave much of a dent in Mr.Furious.

After healing up, I got lost in Sabrina's teleport maze, and battled all of the trainers before taking on the boss herself. I was prepared for a tough battle, but it was surprisingly easy. Killer PWNED her pokemon, absolutely slaughtered them. He scored an obvious OHKO on Kadabra, and Mr.Mime was no problem for the giant bee, Alakazam got Future Sight out with it's faster speed, but I OHKOed it no problem. Then Venomoth came out, and since I didn't have a great counter against it, I sent in Sonikin to OHKO it with Air Cutter. Future Sight kicked in when I switched.

I then grabbed Flamethrower and replaced Shock Wave with it, giving me an effective Bolthrowing Exploder. I then covered the routes that I missed, mainly the other Snorlax route and the sea routes. Boomball made short work of the pokemon in Seafoam Island, OHKOing Psyduck with Sludge and Golduck with Thunder, grabbing an occasional OHKO against Seel with Sludge, and Flamethrowing Zubat and Golbat. Eventually I ran out of PP, and switched to Mr.Furious, but I only had to use Mr.Furious in one battle. I got a chance to blow up Boomball against a Tentacool, since I was dying to use it, plus it gave Killer free EXP. If I remember correctly, I also caught a Psyduck while I was in Seafoam, but I won't swear to it.

I healed up and am now tackling the route to Pallet Town.

My Lovely Pokemon

Flowerkin/ Venusaur Lv43
    Moves: Razor Leaf, Strength, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

Mr.Furious/ Nidoking Lv42
    Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Rock Slide, Dig

Ieatcloth/ Venomoth Lv42
    Moves: Psychic, Psybeam, Gust, Sleep Powder

Boomball/ Weezing Lv44
    Moves: Flamethrower, Thunder, Sludge, Explosion

Killer/ Beedrill Lv43
    Moves: Cut, Focus Energy, Twineedle, Pin Missile

Sonikin/ Golbat Lv43
    Moves: Air Cutter, Giga Drain, Bite, Confuse Ray
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar

Thanks to Skyomi for the banner.

-Beat all the trainers, the Marowak ghost and the Team Rocket grunts in Pokemon Tower.
    -Caught Snorlax at Route 12. After few times of failure and soft reseting, I finally got a male Snorlax which has Adamant nature.
    -Caught another Snorlax at Route 7 just for fun.
    -Arrived at Fuchsia City.
    -My Wartotle evolved into Blastoise.

Current team:
    Lv.36 Blastoise
    Lv.33 Pidgeotto
    Lv.33 Jolteon
    Lv.33 Haunter
    Lv.32 Snorlax
    Lv.12 Meowth(HM slave)

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Recently on FireRed:

-Started out in Saffron, went to Silph Co. to stop Team Rocket, then decided I should heal my team before the battles.
    -Entered the building and encountered a Rocket Grunt on the third floor. Barely won that because I had my weakest Pokemon (Gloom) out first.
    -Went through that maze with difficulties, fought more Rockets and my Charizard gained enough experience to level up to level 55.
    -Got everything done and went up to meet Giovanni but my rival stopped me to battle. Won and got a Lapras from a Silph Co. employee. SAVED.

Caught some Pokemon in Safari Zone. I especially wanted to catch a Dratini to use it. Finally, I caught a male Dratini that has Bashful nature. Did some training for him by using the VS Seeker.

Current team:
    Lv.36 Blastoise
    Lv.33 Pidgeotto
    Lv.33 Jolteon
    Lv.33 Haunter
    Lv.32 Snorlax
    Lv.27 Draini

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Default Team Toxic

Nuther big update for Team Toxic

Beat up Blaine and Giovanni, then realized I made a horrible mistake by getting rid of Mr.Furious' Rock Slide as I made Charizard a humongous threat without it. Gary's Charizard nearly wiped the floor with me, but thankfully Sonikin saved my arse again. I went to grab the Itemfinder so I could grab the berries before Victory Road, along with the free Full Restore and Ultra Ball.

Victory Road wasn't too bad...but I still had trouble with the one Charizard there. On the Celedon side of the Bike Road, farming the six trainers there for EXP.

Mr.Furious/Nidoking Lv50
    Sonikin/Golbat Lv48
    Flowerkin/Venusaur Lv49
    Killer/Beedrill Lv47
    Boomball/Weezing Lv48
    Ieatcloth/Venomoth Lv49
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar

recently i beat leafgreen
    <Pure awesomeness
    I've finally realized the meaning of all pokemon
    but I'm not gonna tell

After doing some training by using the VS Seeker, my Dratini finally evolved into Dragonair. I am still doing my training before I challenge Fuchsia Gym.

Current team:
    Lv.36 Blastoise
    Lv.34 Pidgeotto
    Lv.35 Jolteon
    Lv.34 Haunter
    Lv.34 Snorlax
    Lv.34 Dragonair
    Last edited by leilukin; 14th December 2009 at 8:27 AM. Reason: Accidentally typed Dragonair's name wrongly. :/

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Well in my current replay of FIRERED the recent happening is:

Just back from islands 1-3 and about to take on the 8th gym

TEAM:

Blastoise(starter) lvl 54
    Charizard lvl 54
    Venusaur lvl 53
    Pidgeot lvl 53
    Electabuzz lvl 54
    Snorlax lvl 53

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

-Beat all the trainers at Route 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
    -My Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot.
    -Challenged Fuchsia Gym. My Pokemon are barely at the same level as Koga's Pokemon, but I managed to defeat him without too much hardwork. Won the Fifth badge.

Current team:
    Lv.39 Blastoise
    Lv.36 Pidgeot
    Lv.36 Jolteon
    Lv.37 Haunter
    Lv.37 Snorlax
    Lv.36 Dragonair

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Default Team Toxic, is this the end?

Team Toxic defeated the Elite Four and got the Ruby/Sapphire back.

Lorelei: She was one of the easiest, but I dare not say she was the easiest. Her Lapras caused some problems, but Sleep Powder Flowerkin fixed that right away.

Bruno: He was the second hardest, his Hitmonchan and Machamp had Rock Tomb...which is something that neither Sonikin, Ieatcloth, or Killer particularly enjoy. His Onixes were easy OHKOs though...

Agatha: An easy battle, but her Lv58 Gengar played a Stall War on my Ieatcloth. Golbat was taken out by Boomball's Thunderbolt, and Arbok was taken out by Mr.Furious' Earthquake.

Lance: He was the easiest, I plowed through his three dragons with ease, scoring 2KOs on the Dragonairs and a Critical Hit OHKO on the Dragonite with Mr.Furious' Ice Beam. Boomball dealt with Gyrados and Aerodactyl.

Champion: He was most definitely the toughest, as replacing Rock Slide with Megahorn was a stupid move on my part. I had no choice but to blow up Boomball to take out his Charizard. The rest of his team wasn't too bad, Beedrill 2KOed Alakazam with Twineedle, Rhydon was OHKOed by Mr.Furious (so as to not lure out the Charizard before I got a chance to kill off the Gyrados), Pidgeot was easily taken out by Boomball's Thunderbolt, and Gyrados was taken out the same way. His Exeggutor almost got the chance to use Psychic on Mr.Furious, but it thankfully missed, and Mr.Furious pummeled him with Megahorn. I had to reset a few times so that the Quick Claw activated on Boomball so he could avoid getting OHKOed by Fire Blast.

No real changes in attacks, just changes in level

Mr.Furious Lv57 Nidoking
    Flowerkin Lv55 Venusaur
    Sonikin Lv55 Crobat
    Boomball Lv55 Weezing
    Killer Lv54 Beedrill
    Ieatcloth Lv54 Venomoth

Note: this is after dealing with the remains of Team Rocket, the pokemon were at Lv50 when they fought against Gary Oak, with Killer at Lv48

On FireRed:

-Beat Giovanni with Slowbro and Butterfree (Surf and Psychic work great against him)
    -Got the Master Ball and headed out to train Lapras before the final Gym Battle.
    -Went to One Island's Kindle Road and trained with VS Seeker. After I leveled up Lapras by 4 levels I went to heal it at the Hot Springs so I wouldn't have to use items.
    -Went north to Mt. Ember and made the steep climb to the summit, fighting Machops and such along the way. Lapras gained another 7 levels.
    -Saved before getting to Moltres' lair.

Alright, I now have 8 badges and beat Green the final time before E4.
    And I went through the Victory Road, defeating any trainer I saw.
    And now I'm grinding on Fisherman Andrew *VS Seeker* and wild Tangelas on the route between Pallet Town and Cinnabar Island, and here's my team so far:

Lv53 DORRIE/LAPRAS
    Lv56 CHARIZARD
    Lv56 RAMBI/RHYDON
    Lv56 ZYNX/JYNX
    Lv57 JOLTEON
    Lv12 CH'DING/FARFETCH'D *Still Cut/Fly slave*

I'm thinking about using CH'DING as a scapegoat for reviving and healing during E4 and Green.

Note that this is on Leaf Green.
    Last edited by SonOfASubmariner; 14th December 2009 at 8:11 PM.
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

-Entered Silph Co.. Beat all the Team Rocket grunts and Scientist. Kicked my rival's butt again. Finally, defeated Giovanni. Received Master Ball from the President.
    -Beat all the trainers and the Karate Master in Fighting Dojo. Obtained Hitmonlee.
    -Challenged Saffron Gym. My Snorlax nearly OHKO'd Sabrina's Pokemon. Won the sixth badge.
    -Surfed from Pallet Town to Cinnabar Island.
    -In Pokemon Lab, revived my Dome Fossil into Kabuto. For Old Amber, I soft-resetting for several times to obtain an Aerodactyl with an ideal nature. Finally, I obtained a male Aerodactyl with Jolly nature. I am going to train him.

Current team:
    Lv.42 Blastoise
    Lv.40 Jolteon
    Lv.40 Haunter
    Lv.40 Snorlax
    Lv.40 Dragonair
    Lv.5 Aerodactyl

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Well I done the grinding and went to E4

Jolteon took care of Lorelei easily with a little help from Charizard for Jynx.

Dorrie ohko'd Bruno's 2 Onix with Surf, and Zynx ate Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Machamp for breakfast.

Zynx COULD sweep Agatha's team, but I had a bit more variety for that. Jynx ohko'd the 1st Gengar and Haunter easily, Jolteon zapped Golbat with Thunderbolt, an intimidated Rambi wrestled with Arbok, used earthquake, Arbok gets full restore, double edge and earthquake and Arbok was finally down. And Then it was lv57 Zynx vs. Lv58 Gengar. Used psychic, Gengar barely survived, and then Zynx got a face full of a powerful Shadow Ball...
    ...Zynx survived with just 2 hp left. She then Psychic'd Gengar 1 more time and I won against Agatha.

Then I'm up against Lance. Jolteon fried Gyarados, Dorrie took care of the 2 Dragonairs, Aerodactyl was faster than a level 58 Jolteon and he got an AncientPower in... Before Jolteon OHKO'd with Thunderbolt, and Dorrie took care of Dragonite.

Then Green was next and I had an epic battle, and won, and I used CH'DING as a scapegoat to heal a fallen Jolteon from an OHKO from Blastoise's Hydro Pump.

I got to the hall of fame and credits rolled.
    Luckily I had more than 60 pokemon for obtaining a National Dex!
    Got Ruby from Mt. Ember, Went to 4 Island's Iceflow Cave to battle a Rocket Grunt while Lorelei takes care of the other 2, and Now I'm on 5 island.

My Leaf Green team so far:
    Lv57 DORRIE/LAPRAS
    Lv58 RAMBI/RHYDON
    Lv58 JOLTEON
    Lv58 ZYNX/JYNX
    Lv58 CHARIZARD
    Lv14 CH'DING/FARFETCH'D
    I think tiers are a load of bull. You shouldn't be afraid of using a certain Pokemon because it's in some imaginary "tier", you should use what you want, when you want. Tiers are a waste of time and solve nothing, they just make things more complicated when there's no need. If you agree, copy and paste this in your signiture (Started by Zero Nexus)

-Trained my Aerodactyl until he reached the level that closed to my current team.
    -Beat all the trainers along Route 19, 20, 21 and in Pokemon Mansion.
    -Challenged Cinnabar Gym. Defeated Blaine easily. Won the seventh badge.
    -Invited by Bill to the One Island.

Current team:
    Lv.46 Blastoise
    Lv.43 Jolteon
    Lv.42 Haunter
    Lv.42 Snorlax
    Lv.43 Dragonair
    Lv.44 Aerodactyl

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Got to 5 island and the Rockets had taken over the meadow with their Warehouse. I had the password "GOLDEEN need log", but I didn't have the 2nd one so I went to 6 Isle to go to the Ruin Valley and look at the door. Turns out the Visual Braille says to use "CUT" on the door to open it, so Ch'ding done so, and I went inside, followed the Visual Braille's orders and got into the Sapphire chamber! That is until a Team Rocket Scientist showed up and took the Sapphire away from me, and told me the 2nd password, "Yes, nah CHANSEY"! so I went back into the warehouse, told both of the passwords to the door and liberated the Pokes from the Rockets, defeated the admins and Defeated that same Scientist that took the Sapphire away from me... And then I got it back and gave it to Celio so I can have access to trading with Ruby, Sapphire AND Emerald!! And I went to 2 Island, Got a Lemonade, took it over to Tectonix's gravesite on 5 Island and got the Facade TM! I went to the Lost Cave and found Lady Selphie, Battled her and escorted her to her house. Then I went to 6 Island and explored the northern areas and saw the Zubat filled Altering Cave, Then I went to 7 Island, Unlocked the Tanoby Ruins and Now I'm at the Sevault Canyon.

My Leaf Green Team:
    Lv66 CHARIZARD
    Lv60 RAMBI/RHYDON
    Lv60 DORRIE/LAPRAS
    Lv60 ZYNX/JYNX
    Lv60 JOLTEON
    Lv14 CH'DING/FARFETCH'D
    Last edited by SonOfASubmariner; 16th December 2009 at 10:53 AM.

-Rescued Lostelle in the Three Island and delivered Meteorite to Bill's friend in the Two Island.
    -Flew back to Viridian City and challenged Viridian Gym. Defeated Giovanni easily; my Blastoise's Surf OHKO'd all of his Pokemon. Finally, won all the Gym badges in Kanto.
    -Once again, kicked my rival's butt at Route 22.

Current team:
    Lv.49 Blastoise
    Lv.45 Jolteon
    Lv.45 Haunter
    Lv.44 Snorlax
    Lv.46 Dragonair
    Lv.45 Aerodactyl

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

I really can't believe my luck these past few days. Yesterday, on my second trip to the Safari Zone, I caught a Chansey. But not only that, I caught a Shiny Venomoth! And TODAY, I caught a Shiny VenoNAT, also in the Safari Zone!

When I'm back at my flat after Christmas I'm offering the Venonat on WiFi.
    SAPH

It was time to head to Indigo Plateau. After my badges being checked by the guards, I arrived at Victory Road.
    Beat all the trainers in the Victory Road. Eventually, reached the Pokemon League.
    I decided to train my Pokemon more so that I would be ready to face the Elite Four.

Current team:
    Lv.50 Blastoise
    Lv.47 Jolteon
    Lv.46 Haunter
    Lv.46 Snorlax
    Lv.47 Dragonair
    Lv.47 Aerodactyl

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Migrated 6 Abras with a Masterball and a couple of TMs attached from FR to Platinum to help me catch Cresselia as I used the one I had in Platinum on Zapdos. I tried to challenge the Elite Four again but I off the game after beating Lorelei as they are tough with Pokemons of much higher levels and my Pokemons have a lot of moves of the same types. I wonder how I beat them last time. o.o
    Last edited by Visual; 19th December 2009 at 3:24 AM.

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

At the same time I trained my Pokemon, I tried to catch the legendary birds. Coincidentally, all the three birds took me two tried to capture them successfully.

-Firstly, I went to Power Plant to catch Zapdos. Before that, My Jolteon used Thunder Wave to paralyze it. My Aerodactyl used Rock Slide on it. After running out of all the 30 Ultra Balls in my bag, I soft-reset the game. Finally, I managed to catch Zapdos.

-Secondly, I went to Seafoam Islands to catch Articuno. This time, I brought 40 Ultra Balls. When I was battling Articuno, my Jolteon used Thunder Wave to paralyze it. After that, my Jolteon used Shock Wave until the Articuno's HP reached the red zone. Once again, I ran out of Ultra Balls. Therefore, I soft-reset the game and finally managed to capture Articuno.

-Finally, went to Mt. Ember to catch Moltres. As what I had done when battling Zapdos and Articuno, my Jolteon's Thunder Wave paralyzed Moltres first. Then, my Jolteon used Shock Wave until the Moltres's HP reached the red zone. Ran out of the 40 Ultra Balls once again. Eventually, I managed to catch Moltres after soft reset the game.

Current team:
    Lv.51 Blastoise
    Lv.48 Jolteon
    Lv.48 Haunter
    Lv.48 Snorlax
    Lv.49 Dragonair
    Lv.48 Aerodactyl

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Just entered mount moon
    Squirtle lv 15
    Spearow lv 15
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

On FireRed:

-I got to Moltres atop Mt. Ember. I switch Slowbro with Jolteon and began the battle. Jolteon's Shock Wave reduced Moltres' HP to the red area so I started chucking Ultra Balls at it.
    -Switched to Victreebel and made it use Sleep Powder. Moltres fell asleep and I used another Ultra Ball. It snagged Moltres and I left the summit to deposit it in the PC.
    -Restored by team and added my Moltres to my team afterwards. Took of to Five Island to train near Resort Gorgeous. I like using the VS Seeker there because the trainers pay well and you gain experience. Saved before fighting.

Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast