Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2690

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsGoingOn View Post
    I liked leaf green, I remember restarting mine about 3-5 times out of massively bored. It's fun to play with the whole eight islands stuff.
    There are seven.

Anyways I just beat Giovanni and now I'm training a bit more before battling the Elite 4.

Here is my team:
    Charles lv. 65
    Kenneth lv. 64
    Zynx lv. 63
    Jay-Ar lv. 64
    SpartaCHKN lv. 62
    Nite Train lv. 62

Riki Tiki Tavi

So I finally found Raikou. It was while I was randoming running through grass north of Vermilion City and I wsa trying to hatch an egg when it appeared. I used Wobbuffet's ability to stop Raikou in it's tracks while I could. I only had a few minutes before Wobbuffet was defeated so I chucked Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball at it. I finally caught it on the 6th attempt and ended the quest for it. My Dex started to look more respectable but I was still missing some Hoenn Pokemon so I decided to breed Wobbuffet with Lax Incense on Four Island in order to produce a Wynaut and then I bred Marill with Sea Incense to make an Azurill egg. Hatched my current egg into a Horsea I will evolve then trade to get Kingdra and I decided to run through One Island to hatch the two other eggs and hopefully battle the trainers near Ember Spa. Battled wild Ponyta along the way and used the VS Seeker and had some battles. Healed my team in the hot springs and called it quits. Saved.

Well now I just beat the Elite 4 as well as my Nuzlocke Challenge and I gotta say that I enjoyed it.

My Team:
    Charles lv. 66
    Kenneth lv. 67
    Zynx lv. 67
    Jay-Ar lv. 67
    SpartaCHKN lv. 66
    Nite Train lv. 65

Riki Tiki Tavi

I recently left the Ember Spa and headed up to Mt. Ember for some more training. I battled the Pokemon in the cavern like Machop and Geodude then I checked my PokeDex and noticed it was missing both Slugma and Macargo so I went to the new entrance and found two Slugma and caught them. Went to Four Island to leave one Slugma to gain a few levels since I was too busy training my Murkrow and Mewtwo. The two eggs I had hatched on Four Island while I ran around and I desposited the offspring in the Box. Went to the Icefall Cave to train since I remembered that there are pretty strong Dewgong and Lapras there. Mewtwo leveled up by some miracle but my Murkrow got KO'd by a Dewgong so I had to leave and heal it. Went back for Slugma and desposited Murkrow at the Day Care Center instead. Went to train with Slugma via Exp Share but I saved since it was 11 o'clock at night lol.

Well it seems Raikou hates my Wobbuffet. It used Roar and it seems there is a glitch in the game where if a roaming Legendary uses Roar, it is gone forever. Oh well, seems like I will have to restart my game if I want a Raikou because I saved after Raikou used roar (not knowing about the glitch). I trained the rest of my team to Lv. 70 and took on the E4 again. It was a little bit more challenging but easy. I then went after the bird trio and got all three of them easily with my Magneton who knows Thunderwave. I then went and got Mewtwo and it looks like I have done everything I can in Firered.
    Going to keep my file since this is my only 3rd Gen. game that is capable of trading with XD, since I restarted all of my games after migrating all of my Pokemon. Once I can trade in XD, I will trade over all of the purified Pokemon and then migrate all of them plus most of the Pokemon in my Firered. After that I plan to restart my Firered.

Final Team:
    Blastoise (Larry) Lv. 76
    Magneton (Magneto) Lv. 71
    Primeape (Dixie Kong) Lv. 70
    Pidgeot (Sky) Lv. 70
    Arbok (Ophiuca) Lv. 70
    Flareon (Fire Ball) Lv. 70

I finished training my Slugma to around level 40 and it evolved around that time. So now I'm off to search for a few more Pokemon that'll help fill this games PokeDex. I needed Sunkern and Shuckle so I traded those two over from Emerald and I evolved Sunkern with a Sun Stone. I bred my Sunflora to get a Sunkern egg and I ran around Saffron City with it until it hatched. Decided I might as well catch a Muk while I'm at it, so I flew to Cinnabar Island and went to the Burned Mansion where I ran into tons of Grimer and Raticate. I trained while I searched; Murkrow was gaining experience with every Pokemon it defeated. Finally at around 9 o'clock last night I encountered the exclusive Muk and battled it, caught it in an Ultra Ball and went to catch myself a Haunter in Lavender Town. I took the chance to battle with Murkrow since Ghost Pokemon are weak against Dark type attacks. Murkrow grew to level 52 as I found a Haunter and caught it. Saved, I'll trade it and evolve in to Gengar later on.

I decided that today would be a good day to finish XD. I saved my Master ball so I could trade it to Firered and then to 4th Gen. as an emergency Master ball. Took me about 2 or 3 hours to catch over 80 Pidgeys and Rattatas and trade all of my Pokemon in XD to Firered. I then started to erase HM Moves and started to attach items to each of the Pokemon. All of my Pokemon are slowly getting migrated as I decide who goes where and deal with the 24 hour wait that comes with the DPPt Pal Park. Right now I am hatching any eggs I have like the Togepi egg.

Been planning my team and for now I am thinking about:
    Venusaur
    Aerodactyl (other choice is Dodrio, Fearow, or Dragonite)
    Rapidash
    Electrode (other choices are Jolteon or Electabuzz)
    Jynx
    Kingler (other choice is Seaking or Gyarados)
    Last edited by MetaPheonixPal; 6th August 2010 at 6:05 AM.

I just got the Ruby/Sapphire and caught some Johto Pokemon. Now its off to search for Raikou, might take a while but oh well.

Riki Tiki Tavi

I traded an Abra to a guy in Pewter City for a male Mr. Mime. Also, I caught a female Magmar in Mt. Ember. I plan on breeding the two to get a Magmar that knows Barrier.

Traded Gengar (Haunter) as I had planned yesterday, it evolved and I got one more Pokemon registered in that darn National Dex! Made my way over to Ruin Vally next to catch a Natu so it could be evolved into Xatu. Caught one in an Ultra Ball and named him "Chappy" for no apparent reason haha. Went to the Pokemon Center and put it in my party and attached Lucky Egg. Went to the Green Path area and took on the trainers there. Murkrow leveled up to level 54 and Natu leveled up to level 22. Went to Water Path and continued training until Natu evolved then I desposited it again. Went off to Kanto in order to find a Kadabra in Cerulean Cave so I could trade it and evolve it. Caught one after 10 minutes and I evolved it by trading again. Only 8 more pokemon to go until my PokeDex is finished!

I was just getting Clefairy's at the game corner to teach them soft-boiled in Emerald for my hg file and I got a shiny impish natured one. That is my first shiny ever in FR and I have restarted several times.

Me and Koopliss the squirtle recently delivered oak his package, and got our pokedex in the process. We then trained a bit before welcoming a pidgey named kazooie to our team. I trained with Kazooie awhile before running into green(my rival), Koopliss knocked his pidgey down to 1hp before she was KO'd. Kazooie then took out the pidgey and green's bulbasaur. An old man then unneededly taught us how to catch pokemon, but we did get a tv in the process . realizing i forgot to grab a town map i rushed pack to pallet town.

we are now resting at home wondering if i should catch a caterpie, weedle, or niether since i want to use nidoran(f).

Team
    Koopliss (squirtle) lvl 10
    Kazooie (pidgey) lvl 10

Ok I still needed to catch a Machoke to evolve it into Machamp and I needed to trade Porygon over to another game to evolve it to Porygon 2 for National Dex purposes. I caught Machoke on Mt. Ember and then obtained Porygon from Celadon City's Game Corner and traded and evolved both. Then, I decided I might as well go look for a Mantine I need so I went to Vermilion and took the ship to Seven Island in the hopes of running into the ellusive Mantine. After about 30 minutes I didn't find one but I caught a Larvitar in the Seavault Canyon. I gave up on the search and instead used the VS Seeker to battle the tough trainers in the canyon. Earn tons of experience for my Mewtwo and Murkrow and I healed in the "Chansey" house before leaving to search for Mantine again.

I restarted my Pokemon leaf green yesterday for something to do. I chose Charmander as my starter and did all the beginning of the game stuff. I then caught a Pidgey. I trained my Charmander and new Pidgey up to level 13 before challenging the first gym. I beat Brock easily with Charmander's metal claw. I went through Mt. Moon to get to Cerulean City, went up to Bills to get the S.S. Ticket and I trained my Pidgey and Charmander up to level 24. Charmander evolved into Charmeleon and Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto. I beat Misty very easily because every one of my attacks was a critical hit. After getting my second badge I went down to Vermillion City and went onto the S.S. Anne to get cut. Charmeleon and Pidgeotto got to level 27 from battling everyone on the S.S. Anne. I caught a bellsprout as a temporary Hm slave. I challenged Lt. Surge and beat him. I am currently on Route 9 heading towards the Rock Cave and then Lavender Town.

My Current Team:
    Charmeleon Lvl 31
    Pidgeotto Lvl 31
    Bellsprout (HM slave until I get a Krabby) Lvl 13

EDIT:

Today I finished the rest of the game. I don't really feel like adding all the details because I did a lot. :P

Final Team:
    Charizard Level 54
    Pidgeot Level 52
    Haunter Level 55
    Krabby (HM Slave) Level 19

My final time was 17:43:22. Not my best but not that bad.
    Last edited by RandomGuy27; 13th August 2010 at 4:30 AM.

I have restarted FR a week ago, I chose Squirtle this time for my starter.

Heres what happened last week:
    - Caught a Rattata.
    - Caught a Pikachu.
    -Trained my pokemon to a certain level before going for mt.moon.
    -Met Gary on the way to Bill's House to receive my SS.Ticket.
    -Defeated all the trainers on the way.
    -Defeated all the trainers on the gym with Pikachu.
    -My Squirtle and Rattata had evolved.
    -After that, I went to Vermillion City to get a free Bicycle Voucher and a Vs.Seeker.
    -Upon beating the trainers on the north and east of Vermillion City, I went to the SS.Anne to get HM 1 Cut.
    -Met Gary again, defeated him.
    -Caught a Dugtrio and teach him Cut. (Lv.31)
    -Defeated Lt.Surge, time to go to Rock Tunnel!

Yesterday, I caught a Lv.10 Abra for a Lv.10 Mr.Mime(Mimien). I also caught a Voltorb to teach him HM 5 Flash.After making way through Rock Tunnel,I went to the Pokemon Tower, met gary again soloing him with just Pikachu.Tried going up one of the staircase, but failed. So I went to Celadon City, defeated Erika with Raticate only.I also received my Dratini for exchanging 2800 coins.

Currently,

Badges:4

My Current Team:

Blastoise Lv 36
    Pikachu Lv 36
    Raticate Lv 35
    Mr.Mime Lv 35
    Dratini Lv 18

Planning to train Dratini after Rocket Hideout.

I started my FR, and decided on a Poison monotype challenge, how creative. I've never trained a Poison type that wasn't part of a dual type, so I figured it would give me a chance to try out Muk, Weezing, and the like.

Picked the guy, and named him Jack. Named my rival Gary (he's always named Gary), and Prof. Oak let me choose a starter. I chose Bulbasaur, settled on a Brave nature. Lost to Gary and his Charmader, luckily Prof. Oak had my back, moola-wise. Went to the Viridian City PokeMart, got the Package, and talked to Oak. He gave me the Pokedex, and I caught a few pokemon. Traded in a Tentacool, and went to Viridian Forest, caught a Hardy Weedle, and I trained them to level 10, with Weedle becoming Beedrill finally. Defeated my rival easily with Tentacools Bubblebeam. Made it through Viridian Forest quickly, caught a Pikachu, and trained my team to level 13. Beat Liam in the Gym, and challenged Brock. Bulbasaur took out Geodude with Vine Whip, and Onix was KOd by Bubblebeam from Tentacool. Got my Boulder Badge and TM, so I rushed to add new members to the team, specifically a Serious NidoranF and a Hardy NidoranM. Trained them to catch up with the rest, and am currently going through Mt. Moon. Bulbasaur, and both Nidorans evolved. Finally made it out of Mt. Moon, and hit the Pokemon Center. Left an open slot and went to catch an Ekans. Found a level 8 Intimidate Ekans, and trained it to level 18 along with the rest of my team. Battled Gary, Ekans had some fun thanks to Bite and Poison Sting. Beat all the trainers along Nugget Bridge, and got the Nugget. Beedrill finally learned a STAB, in the form of Twineedle. Went to Bill's House, and my team reached level 21. Went to the Gym to beat Misty, it was easy, Ivysaur destroyed Staryu with Vine Whip, and Beedrill 2HKO'd Starmie with Twineedle, first time I used it and it Poisoned it. Saved, and turned it off.

Ivysaur level 21
    Beedrill level 21
    Nidorina level 21
    Nidorino level 21
    Ekans level 21
    Tentacool level 21
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Finally found that Mantine I was looking for for PokeDex purposes. I had left the Chansey house and went south to the water areas new the Unown ruins when I encountered a Mantine by mistake. It took 18 minutes even though I had Net Balls and had weakened it but I finally caught it. Now I'm just missing Corsola and Quilfish from the Johto Water type Pokemon chart. I decided to trade between FireRed and LeafGreen so I obtained a Quilfish and my PokeDex is looking near complete. I trained on Seven Island some more, leveling up Murkrow. I taught it Thief for a TM and then fought against several tough trainers in the Seavault Canyon. I used Mewtwo as well since I need him at level 90 to beat the Elite Four again. Soon after I flew to Six Island to catch Bug Pokemon near the Pattern Bush. I need Heracross, Ledyba, and Metapod. Saved.

FIRE RED

ok so since last time, me koopliss and kazooie headed through Viridian forest, without catching a caterpie or weedle for the team. Kazooie and Koopliss shared the trainers each taking on about half. We then made it to pewter gym and Koopliss handled it without getting touched. On our way to MT moon many trainers appeared, but none were a challenge. The Biggest trouble were the wild Jugglypuffs singing us to sleep over and over again. In between all the jigglypuff's and spearows however, we did manage to find us a wild Nidoran female. In lack of a better name i called her Destroyer and went to heal her up, before some training. During this training we found more annoying jigglypuff's, and i decided to catch one that i named PuffStar.

I dont plan on using Puffstar except for maybe during legendary pokemon fights.

Team
    Koopliss (Wartortle) lvl 16
    Kazooie (Pidgey) lvl 16
    Destroyer (Nidoran (f)) lvl 10
    Last edited by pikasaur; 19th August 2010 at 1:14 PM.

Well I did some intense searching in the Pattern Bush. I thought finding Metapod and Heracross would be easy but after about 20 minutes of searching, I only ever found Metapod and Ledyba in the area. I decided to quit looking for Heracross so I could focus on battling and rising my team's levels up a bit. I deposited Murkrow since I got tired of it and I withdrew Golduck instead. It's at level 36 but I figure I can train it around the Sevii Islands to about level 50 before the day was over. I flew on over to Three Island and fought the trainers near the Berry Forest. Then I went on over to battle wild Pokemon and pick the berries in Berry Forest, found a Lum Berry too! I flew to One Island and Kindle Road to fight off the karate experts in the area and Golduck grew to level 41 by the time that was done. I soaked in the Ember Spa water and healed the team up and got ready to Fly my way to Seven Island. Saved.

I finally caught a Kangaskhan! I have even caught a Chansey before in the Safari Zone, but everytime I encountered a Kangaskhan, I failed at catching it. I have really wanted a Kangaskhan, and I was so happy I caught it. It has a Brave nature.

So I picked up my FR again, found I was in Vermilion City. I've been training on SS Anne, and after I cleared it out, went to get the Flash HM. Afterwards, I hit the Gym, and beat Lt. Surge easily with Nidoking and Dig. Just about to traverse Rock Tunnel.

Ivysaur level 25
    Arbok level 25
    Nidoqueen level 25
    Nidoking level 25
    Tentacool level 25

Venonat is next on my list.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I decided to give the Safari Zone one more try and find a Dragonair and a Kangaskhan for my Pokemon Dex. I paid the $500 and entered the Safari Zone with a plan in my mind. I fished in the areas I had seen the elusive Dragonair before and after about 10 minutes I found one that seemed like a miracle and tossed the Safari Ball. It didn't work though and the Dragonair fled. I fished some more but no others came my way so I decided to just find a Kangaskhan as a consulation prize. I searched in the area east of the Safari main gate and I encounteredone after a out 15 minutes of shuffling through Tall Grass. It fled after 2 turns so I continued the hunt throughout the day yesterday. Finally found one that I caught after several attempts at tossing the Safari Balls around. With it captured, it means I only need Dragonair and Scyther to have a complete Safarai Zone set! Saved.

Picked up my Poison monotype, and beat Surge and traveled through Rock Tunnel. Beat Erika too, and now I'm in Lavender Tower.

Venusaur Lv. 32
    Arbok Lv. 32
    Nidoqueen Lv. 32
    Nidoking Lv. 32
    Tentacruel Lv. 32
    Gastly Lv. 16
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Finished my water Monotype challenge at 56:09 hours, training up my False Swiping Scyther now. Man he is awesome. Lvl 42 and counting.

I've beaten Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni, and now I'm beating Gary.

Venusaur level 50
    Nidoking level 50
    Tentacruel level 52
    Gengar level 50
    Muk level 50
    Weezing level 50
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast