Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I recently stopped playing due to Pokemon Black and White coming out, but started again today. I decided to stop the Safari Zone stuff and just buy a Dratini at the Celadon City Game Corner and evolve it into a Dragonair via the old training method haha. Traded Scyther over from FireRed instead of just looking for it in LeafGreen which is a waste of time. While I was linking up with other 3rd Generation games, I decided to try playing that Jumping game at Two Island's Game Corner just to earn enough jumps for a Trainer Card upgrade. Played that for a while but because it was only me playing, I couldn't concentrate and ended up failing haha. Went to Cape Brink and taught my Charizard Blast Burn just because Fire Blast was getting annoying due to it's low accuracy and then trained there for a while until I decided to buy some rare items in the shop on the main island and then saved.

I restarted my FR the other day after I finished my Poison monotype.

Started FR on Friday, and just now I beat the Elite Four.

Charizard level 54
    Cloyster level 55
    Victreebel level 54
    Electrode level 55
    Rhydon level 55
    Hypno level 54

This thread is annoyingly inactive -_-
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

After my short little adventure on Two Island, and decided I better stock up on berries and some Pokemon on Three Island. I went ahead and went to the third island in the Sevii Islands chain and caught myself a Dusparce since I needed it for one of my other games. I then headed on over to Bond Bridge and then Berry Forest to pick a few berries up from the forest floor. I managed to find the rare Lum Berry too so this was a good day. I then flew on over to Seven Island and battled the Psychic's near the beach there and leveled up my Charizard a bit more. Decided to challenge the Trainer Tower to the north of Seven Island and although it was a tough challenge and a tough climb to the top, I managed to beat my previous record by about one minute. Saved.

LEAFGREEN

-need to train everyone to level 50 for the elite four, training pidgeot, and the rest later.

TEAM:

NOTE:
    *Yanmega instead of Vespiquen*
    *Magmortar instead of Arcanine*
    *Arcanine instead of Camerupt*

After having challenged the Trainer Tower for fun in Pokemon FireRed, I then proceeded to continuing my quest to complete the National Dex for Professor Oak. I bred a Scyther and attached a Metal Coat to it's offspring and traded it to Ruby so it would evolve into Scizor. Did the same with a Slowpoke with King's Rock attached then traded back to my game. Got both Scizor and Slowking registered in my National Dex this way. Headed on over to Celadon City and bought a Thunder Stone and a Water Stone. Evolved a Pikachu into a Raichu and a Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath this way. I traded Raichu to LeafGreen in exchange for a Meowth I needed for the National Dex, then evolved it into Persian, bred it, and got Meowth again. Saved for now.

I restarted my Leafgreen decided I would go with a team of never/almost never used pokemon (poke I almost never used in those games)
    -like always with Leafgreen I pick the girl character
    -Chose Bulbasaur as starter
    -did the whole start thing
    -catched a mankey
    -got through the viridian forest
    -defeated Brock
    -Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur
    -Entered Mt. moon

team:

Mankey Level 15
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Low Kick
    -Karate Chop

Ivysaur Level 16
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder
    -Sleep powder
    -Vine Whip
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I borrowed a friend's game to do a few more trades. I was able to fill-in my National Dex with tons of Johto and Hoenn Pokemon thanks to that. Afterwards, I went to Four Island and left two Pokemon (Electrike and Makuhita) at the Day Care Center to get them stronger. I decided to go to Seven Island's Seavault Canyon and battle some of the trainers there via the VS Seeker. Got in a double battle and had to face a tough duo consisting of Tauros and Miltank. I used Charizard and Lapras and had them defeat those two cows in order to gain some decent experience. Battled the Cooltrainers in the Seavault Canyon as well, then healed at the house nearby by doing the Chansey Dance. Battled some wild Pokemon and then found a Larvitar which I captured. I'm going to attach a Exp Share to it and have it evolve next. Saved for now.

Started a Nuzlocke a while back, check my sig for progress. The Casualties refer to anything of mine that died, anything I could've captured but killed, or anything that ran away (which is just Abra).

I have come to the conclusion that the Rock Tunnel is a horrid, torturous place.

Anyway, at Lavender town. Drowzee is a beast, but I want to get rid of Diglett. I used a Dugtrio that I randomly found once and it was a pathetic one-trick pony. Hoping to get another Meowth or maybe a Growlithe once I head west.
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

After my recent journey into Seavault Canyon, I decided to search for the Unown I was missing in the Tanoby Ruins, which was located close to the shore of Seavault Canyon. I had previously captured 13 species of Unown but was missing the other 13. I surfed to the first few ruins and ran across tons of Unown but I had already captured most forms that I found there. I finally found an Unown T and then an Unown K that I was missing so I captured those two with Ultra Balls. After that, I went ahead and surfed to the other edge of the ocean route and ran into a Gentleman class trainer who wanted to fight. I fought his Golduck and Marowak and then proceeded back into the ruins and explored the Rixy Chamber. Captured Unown G and then saved before looking for more.

I restarted my FireRed today.

-Named my character Red and chose Charmander as my starer. Nicknamed him Chari.
    -Did the usual starting thingies.
    -Received my pokeballs, headed for Route 23, and captured a Mankey and a Spearow, nicknamed Fury and Spear respectively.
    -Trained a little, and defeated my Rival in a surprisingly difficult battle.
    -Traveled through Viridian Forest. Those bug catchers never stood a chance against Spear and Chari.
    -Arrived at Pewter City.
    -Entered the Gym. Chari defeated the Camper, and Fury defeated Brock. I earned my first badge!
    -Got the running shoes, and started traveling toward mount Moon. Defeated all the trainers on the way.
    -Got through mount Moon.
    -Taught Fury Mega Punch.
    -Leveled up a little, and headed for the Nugget Bridge. I was challenged by my rival, Blue, who I defeated without much difficulty, although his Pidgeotto haxed a bit.
    -Defeated the trainers on the Nugget Bridge, and received the nugget.
    -Caught a Modest Oddish, nicknamed him Oddity. Leveled him up to Lv. 16, and saved.

Current Location: Cerulean City
    Current Team:

Oddity Lv. 16
    -Absorb
    -Sweet Scent
    -Poisonpowder
    -Stun Spore

Fury Lv. 18
    -Karate Chop
    -Scratch
    -Mega Punch
    -Leer

Spear Lv. 19
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Leer
    -Pursuit

Chari Lv. 20
    -Ember
    -Scratch
    -Metal Claw
    -Smokescreen
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

After all the hardwork I put into searching for the Unown forms I hadn't captured before, I decided to take a break and try doing other things in the game, so I flew back to Seven Island and healed everyone at the Pokemon Center. Then I accessed the PC and swapped Pokemon around. I deposited my Lapras and Mewtwo and withdrew my Scyther and Togetic. I went to the bridge on Seven Island and had the guy there teach my Scyther how to use Swords Dance since Scyther had forgotten the move while I left it at the Day Care Center a few weeks ago. After that, I went to Pewter City and had Togetic learn Seismic Toss from a move tutor there. I battled at Victory Road to get those two Pokemon to level up and after training there for a little over an hour, both Scyther and Togetic gained 4 levels a piece. Not too bad. I saved after that.

Since last time in my FireRed save, I've achieved the following:
    -Used Oddity to defeat Misty's gym trainers.
    -Defeated all trainers at the Cerulean cape.
    -Helped Bill, and received the S.S. Ticket.
    -Challenged Misty: a combination of Stun Spore and Absorb from Oddity eventually got the better of her team, earning me the Cascade Badge and Oddity two very well earned levels and evolving him.
    -Fought my way south to Vermilion City. Defeated all trainers around the city.
    -Defeated all trainers at the S.S. Anne. Blue got haxed to death by Spear, who grew to level 25, learned Aerial Ace and was finally allowed to evolve.
    -Got HM01 and taught Cut to Digloo the Diglett.
    -At Vermilion Gym, Fury exceeded my expectations my managing to singlehandedly take down Lt. Surge's entire team.
    -Healed my pokemon and headed to Pewter City through Diglett's cave. Received Old Amber and hm05 Flash.
    -a side note I haven't mentioned yet: This is my first save where I'm actually building my Pokedex while playing through the story, so this will be my first playthrough where I'm gonna use Flash in the Rock Tunnel

Current Location: Vermilion City pokemon center
    Current Pokedex: 58 Seen, 24 Owned
    Current Team:

Chari Lv. 26
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw
    -Scratch
    -Smokescreen

Fury Lv. 25
    -Brick Break
    -Leer
    -Mega Punch
    -Karate Chop

Oddity Lv. 24
    -Absorb
    -Stun Spore
    -Sleep Powder
    -Acid

Spear Lv. 26
    -Aerial Ace
    -Fury Attack
    -Leer
    -Peck
    ---->

I'm going to Cinnabar Island with overtrained Pokčmon.

Well after 104 hours in Leaf Green I got my first shiny. It was a Magmar up at Mt. Ember. I use the exp. share along with my Blastoise to level my weaker pokemon I caught earlier in the game. It wasnt even the shiny I was going after (damn Magikarp). I was splitting time between training and using the old rod to get a shiny Magikarp. It is the first shiny I have caught in any pokemon game beside the red Gyarados in Silver. Still in search of that damn gold Magikarp.

I decided to put my FireRed version aside and play my LeafGreen version for a little while instead, mostly to capture Pokemon for FireRed but also to enjoy the story a bit more since I rushed through FireRed. I started out in Vermilion City with a team of four Pokemon: Ivysaur level 25, Poliwag level 23, Pikachu level 22, Nidorino level 24. I had just defeated Lt Surge and got the Thunder Badge so I headed on north to Cerulean City so that I could make my way to the area near Rock Tunnel and get to Lavender Town to gain access to Celadon City after that. I made it through the maze of trainers near Cerulean City and finally arrived at a Pokemon Center near Rock Tunnel. I healed there (Ivysaur and Nidorino leveled up by 1 level btw) and then withdrew a Pokemon from my PC (Spearow). I entered Rock Tunnel and battled around for about 20 minutes, all the while, leveling up all of my Pokemon by 1 level. I finally made it through and arrived at Lavender Town. I saved right about then.

After finding my first shiny, a Magmar, 104 hours into playing Leaf Green, it only took another day to get the shiny Magikarp I was looking for. I thought that after I got the Magmar it would be a long time before I found another and I actually got very lucky and ended up getting Magikarp the next day. Now I am trying for a Nidoran male shiny but may wait till IU can pick up a legit copy of Fire Red. Will update if I find anymore shinies.

After having arrived in Lavender Town, I quicky went to the lcoal Pokemon Center and had all of my Pokemon healed for the upcoming battles. I then bought some items at the PokeMart since I'll need Potions and whatnot on my way to Celadon City. I then went west from Lavender Town and fought all the trainers along the way and entered the Underground Path to Celadon City. After that, I arrived at the route near Celadon City and I captured a few Pokemon there before arriving in Celadon City. First thing I did was heal my team and then I went to the Celadon Mansion to pick up the Tea item for the gates around Saffron City. Then I went to the Game Corner and found the entrance to the Rocket Hideout and entered. I fought several Rocket Grunts and leveled up everyone a bit along the way. I finally found the elevator and got it working and I found the room with Giovanni. I saved before battling him though.

Last time I updated, I had just defeated Lt. Surge. Now, I'm in One Island, doing the sidequest and preparing for Giovanni.

Current Pokedex: 118 Seen, 58 Owned
    Current Team:

Zzap Lv. 45
    -Thunder
    -Shockwave
    -Rain Dance
    -Selfdestruct

Oddity Lv. 44 @Leftovers
    -Petal Dance
    -Stun Spore
    -Sleep Powder
    -Acid

Slacker Lv. 46 @Leftovers
    -Body Slam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Rest
    -Surf

Chari Lv. 48
    -Flamethrower
    -Metal Claw
    -Wing Attack
    -Strength

Fury Lv. 45
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Slide
    -Bulk Up
    -Cross Chop

Spear Lv. 45
    -Drill Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Leer
    -Fly

Tomorrow, I'm probably gonna restart my LeafGreen. I'm planning on using the following team:

Venusaur @Leftovers
    -Razor Leaf
    -Sleep Powder/Toxic
    -Leech Seed
    -Strength/Protect

Mr. Mime @Leftovers
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt/Reflect
    -Magical Leaf/Reflect
    -Calm Mind

Vaporeon
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic
    -Protect

OR

Lapras
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray/Body Slam

Dodrio
    -Drill Peck
    -Return
    -Fly
    -(filler)

Raichu
    -Thunderbolt
    -Mega Punch
    -Thunderwave
    -(filler)
    ---->

just restarted firered, picked bulbasaur and traded for squirtle and charmander from my leafgreen. :P got first two badges

current team:

Ivysaur lv. 21
    Charmeleon lv. 24
    Wartortle lv. 23
    Pikachu lv. 22
    Pidgeotto lv. 20

I restarted my FR file yesterday and chose a bulbasaur as my starter. I traveled to Pewter City, Cerulean City until I got to Vermilion City. From there I went to the SS Anne battle my rival and received cut. After leaving the SS Anne I went trough the Diglett's cave caught a diglett and went to Route 2 via cut to receive HM05 Flash. Then I got the items on Route 2 and saved in the Pokemon Center in Pewter City.

Badges:2
    Pokedex:38

Current Team:

Ivysaur Lv.23
    Kadabra Lv.22
    Raticate Lv.22
    Ekans Lv. 21
    Diglett Lv.20
    White(JP) FC:3095-3612-9213

Black(JP) FC:4426-7953-2988

My DW Female Pokemon:

Re-started my Fire red.

Female Trainer named Debbie
    Choose a Female Careful natured Bulbasaur

Beat my rival just

Got the pokedex and trained my Bulbasaur
    Caught myself a male Hasty Pidgey

Trained up and used Pidgey to beat my rival
    Trained them both up and found by accident a Pikachu in Viridian Forest and caught it.

Got to Pewter City and Bulbasaur easily beat Brock with 1 Vine whip.

Currently training Pikachu to catch up with Pidgey and Bulbasaur.

Current Team
    Pikachu @ Timid(f) - L8
    Pidgey @ Hasty(m) - L13
    Bulbasaur @ Careful (f) - L14

* Currently Training Pidgey/Pikachu to L14.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

I had previously saved right before encountering Giovanni at the Team Rocket Hideout underneath the Celadon City Game Corner. I went in and Giovanni talked to me about some crazy stuff I didn't have time to read and then we finally battled! Giovanni sent out his Onix first and since I had previous experience against Brock's Onix, I knew that using Poliwag and Ivysaur was my best option. After that, he sent out Kangaskhan and I had a hard time beating it, even with Nidorino and Pikachu working together. After that was done, Giovanni sent out Rhyhorn and I beat it easily with Ivysaur's Vine Whip. I gained tons of experience and then Giovanni and his gang fled the hideout. I went to heal at the Pokemon Center and then headed to the Department Store to buy a Thunderstone. I used it on Pikachu and evolved it into Raichu. After that, I headed to the Celadon Gym and saved near the entrance. I'll challenge Erika some other day.

I just found Entei for the first time in this FireRed file. Let the Kanto-wide stalking begin.

I just defeated Gary at the nugget bridge; my team is a level 21 Ivysaur and level 10 clefairy

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon trainer View Post
    Re-started my Fire red.

Female Trainer named Debbie
    Choose a Female Careful natured Bulbasaur

Beat my rival just

Got the pokedex and trained my Bulbasaur
    Caught myself a male Hasty Pidgey

Trained up and used Pidgey to beat my rival
    Trained them both up and found by accident a Pikachu in Viridian Forest and caught it.

Got to Pewter City and Bulbasaur easily beat Brock with 1 Vine whip.

Currently training Pikachu to catch up with Pidgey and Bulbasaur.

Current Team
    Pikachu @ Timid(f) - L8
    Pidgey @ Hasty(m) - L13
    Bulbasaur @ Careful (f) - L14

* Currently Training Pidgey/Pikachu to L14.
    Trained up my pokemon and caught a Nidoran M, went though Mt.Moon and evolved Nidoran and Bulbasaur!

Beat the trainer and TR and got a helix fossil.

Got to Cerculean city and managed to beat and rival, beat remaining trainer to level everyone to L18. Went to vermillion and beat trainers, SS anne and everyone got to lv23. Went back and beat misty with Ivysaur and Pikachu.

Just about to go and try and put my team together.

Thinking of Venusaur/Pidgeot/Lapras/Arcanine/Raichu/Rhydon.
    Arcanine or Flareon
    Pikachu instead of Jolteon as I picked one up earlier
    Rhydon instead Nidoking as I have Venusaur as poison type.

Seems like a good team idea so im going to dump Nidorino.

Currently going to beat Lt Surge in a bit and then head to Rock Tunnel and hopefully get my team up to L30.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast