Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Doing an overleveled/overpokemoned run, so...........just the pokemon and levels so far will be shown, for the sake of a really long list.
    Lv. 61
    Lv. 25
    Lv. 50
    Lv. 25
    Lv. 26
    Lv. 10
    Lv. 23
    Lv. 42
    Lv. 61
    Lv. 17
    Lv. 35
    Lv. 21
    Lv. 25
    Lv. 21
    Lv. 19
    Lv. 45
    Lv. 35
    Lv. 33
    Lv. 20
    Lv. 61
    Lv. 35
    Lv. 16
    Lv. 25
    Lv. 20
    Lv. 61
    Lv. 43
    Lv. 30
    Lv. 36
    Lv. 61
    Lv. 34
    Lv. 37
    Lv. 36
    Lv. 19
    Lv. 45
    Lv. 22
    Lv. 26
    Lv. 62
    Lv. 28
    Lv. 26
    Lv. 35
    Lv. 13
    Lv. 29
    Lv. 36
    Lv. 3
    Lv. 50
    Lv. 45
    Lv. 40
    Lv. 45
    Lv. 50
    Lv. 26
    Lv. 28
    Lv. 33
    Lv. 36
    Lv. 18
    All to be trained to Lv. 81 before first Elite Four Challenge, with new pokemon coming in through some trading and post-game.
    Last edited by BlazikenBlitz; 23rd February 2011 at 1:51 PM.

I started out the Viridian City Gym challenge with a bang. I entered and I started battling all of the Gym trainers inside of the Gym; even the ones that I didn't have to battle. I figured that I might as well do the final Gym battle right and gain as much experience as possible. I finally made it to Giovanni and after a brief chat, the battle began! He sent out Rhyhorn, which I defeated with Poliwrath easily. He then sent out Nidoking and Nidoqueen shortly after, but those two where defeated by my Poliwrath and Fearow, respectively. He sent out Dugtrio which I defeated with Venusaur and I also defeated his Rhydon using Venusaur. All of the Pokemon that participated in the battle leveled up and I got the Earth badge and the TM for Earthquake from Giovanni. I left the Gym to heal. Saved.

Began FireRed again 2 days ago...

Began a somewhat long journey after selecting my Bulbasaur as my first choice, and so my journey began, Virdian Forest, seemed interesting at first, and behold the first pokemon i would catch a pokemon, a filler...for now. I succesfully made it through Virdian Forest, and Caught a Weedle a Caterpie...which by the time of coming through virdian forest was now a metapod...I was begining to enjoy Bulbasaurs company and it seemed he felt the same, we were both aching for a challenge one to really test us...Pewter City...and Brock awaited us...

and so it was done, the final strike with Bulbasaurs Vine Whip and Onix was no more...Bulbasaur smiled i returned it...i thanked Brock for a challenge and continued my journey with my closest friend...

Caught the 2nd of my team Nidoran (M) on the way to Cearluen City...
    Defeted Misty with ease thanks to my new evolved Ivysaur..
    Next to Vermilion City...Lt.Surge taken down by my Nidoking just love the Moon Stone in MT.moon...

I have recently arrived in Lavender Town my team is...

Vensuar Lvl 33
    Nidoking Lvl 34
    Meowth Lvl 10
    Buterfree Lvl 20

Onwards to Celadon City!

Restarted FireRed a few days ago, just for the heck of it. I chose Squirtle as my starter, and caught Rattata. Rival battle was a breeze, and so were Viridian Forest and the Pewter Gym. Caught a Nidoran, and made it to Cerulean. Misty and Lt. Surge went down rather easily, although Misty's Starmie haxed Wartortle to death. First Water Pulse confuses, and the Wartortle proceeds to hit itself 5 times in a row. Come on! Luckily, Nidoking managed to finish the battle but still...

Nidoking also proved his worth by taking out Lt. Surge all by himself. I caught a Meowth to be my Cut slave, and travel through the Rock Tunnel. Finish the Poke Flute quest and travel to Fuchsia fighting all trainers on the Cycling Road. I went to the Safari Zone to get the necessary items, caught an Exeggcute, and decided to train it. Taught Exeggcute Psychic via TM and trained him to lv. 37 to teach it Sleep Powder, and used a Leaf Stone.

Next up: Celadon gym!

Current Team:

Exeggutor Lv. 37
    -Psychic
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion
    -Sleep Powder

Raticate Lv. 38
    -Return
    -Quick Attack
    -Tail Whip
    -Pursuit

Nidoking Lv. 39
    -Double Kick
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Horn Attack

Blastoise Lv. 39
    -Surf
    -Water Pulse
    -Bite
    -Withdraw

Oh yeah, feel free to suggest team members
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

Quote Originally Posted by HanoiRose View Post
    Restarted FireRed a few days ago, just for the heck of it. I chose Squirtle as my starter, and caught Rattata. Rival battle was a breeze, and so were Viridian Forest and the Pewter Gym. Caught a Nidoran, and made it to Cerulean. Misty and Lt. Surge went down rather easily, although Misty's Starmie haxed Wartortle to death. First Water Pulse confuses, and the Wartortle proceeds to hit itself 5 times in a row. Come on! Luckily, Nidoking managed to finish the battle but still...

Nidoking also proved his worth by taking out Lt. Surge all by himself. I caught a Meowth to be my Cut slave, and travel through the Rock Tunnel. Finish the Poke Flute quest and travel to Fuchsia fighting all trainers on the Cycling Road. I went to the Safari Zone to get the necessary items, caught an Exeggcute, and decided to train it. Taught Exeggcute Psychic via TM and trained him to lv. 37 to teach it Sleep Powder, and used a Leaf Stone.

Next up: Celadon gym!

Current Team:

Exeggutor Lv. 37
    -Psychic
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion
    -Sleep Powder

Raticate Lv. 38
    -Return
    -Quick Attack
    -Tail Whip
    -Pursuit

Nidoking Lv. 39
    -Double Kick
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Horn Attack

Blastoise Lv. 39
    -Surf
    -Water Pulse
    -Bite
    -Withdraw

Oh yeah, feel free to suggest team members
    Arcanine would be a good addition, and maybe a Rhydon or Machamp, granted the former has a type overlap with Nidoking.

Thinking of restarting my own FireRed, using a team consisting of only three types (technically four, but that was by accident), Rock, Ground, and Fighting.

Omastar
    Kabutops
    Sandslash
    Marowak
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan

After defeating Giovanni in Viridian City, I had tons of free time so I headed out to Vermilion City and took the fastest ferry to One Island again. I then Surfed to Kindle Road and trained by battling the wild Pokemon in the area as well as by using the VS Seeker to challenge the trainers along the coast. I then made it to the Ember Spa and healed there instead of flying back to the Pokemon Center on the main island. I trained there against more wild Pokemon and then I headed for Three Island to train at the Berry Forest. I was mostly there to pick berries and encounter Pokemon I hadn't yet captured, but I stayed for a while and actually battled against Pokemon, since I figured I had nothing better to do in-game. I finished training there and headed back to Kanto. I then entered the Seafoam Islands again to train some more there. I saved as I got inside.
    Last edited by Lorde; 26th February 2011 at 7:45 AM.

Celadon City...Route 7, caught myself a Growlithe and so headed to Erika's Gym...Beat Erika with my newly caught Growlithe...decided to treat Growlithe to a fire stone...giving my 2nd fave pokemon...ARCANINE ...I jumped with joy when it eveloved...continued to Rocket HQ got Silph Scope and headed off to Pokemon Tower (lavender town)..my rival kaz stood no chance...while climbing pokemon tower i caught a Gastly..and gave him a "treat" that i obtained from game corner ...Upon recieving a super rod from a certian fisherman i made my way too Vermilion City to catch the 3rd of my Favorite...Poliwag...Except upon reeling in my line I see a Poliwhirl..it just gets better ...I now continue to Fuschia City! The next leader awaits!

Pokemon Currently:

Venusaur - Lv36
    - Tackle
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Razor Leaf

Nidoking - Lv37
    - Rock Slide
    - Peck
    - Dig
    - Thrash

Arcanine - Lv31
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ember
    - Take Down
    - Oddor Sleuth

Gastly - Lv22
    - Hypnosis
    - Lick
    - Secret Power
    - Thunderbolt

Poliwhirl - Lv29
    - Brick Break
    - Water Gun
    - Double Slap
    - Rain Dance

Meowth (HM Slave) - Lv20
    - Scratch
    - Cut
    - Bite
    - Pay Day

Since last time, I've defeated Erika. I also took foxyman's advice and caught a Growlithe, and trained it to lv. 37. Next, I'm gonna fight all trainers near Fuchsia, and challenge Koga.

Current team:

Growlithe lv. 37
    -Flame Wheel
    -Bite
    -Take Down
    -Leer

Blastoise Lv. 40
    -Surf
    -Water Pulse
    -Bite
    -Withdraw

Raticate Lv. 38
    -Return
    -Quick Attack
    -Tai Whip
    -Pursuit

Nidoking Lv. 39
    -Double Kick
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Horn Attack

Exeggutor Lv. 39
    -Psychic
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion
    -Sleep Powder
    ---->

After doing some intense training at the Seafoam Islands, I finally got my team to level up all the way to level 50. I went back to Pallet Town to talk to Professor Oak and then I went north towards Viridian City and healed at the Pokemon Center once I arrived there. I bought some items at the Poke Mart in town and then proceeded to head off towards the gates of the Pokemon League. I encountered my rival before I could enter the gates however, and we had an intense battle. Venusaur almost lost to his Charizard, but I switched to Poliwrath just in time to avoid any major disasters. I finally defeated my rival and encountered through the gates of the Pokemon League. I had to make my way north and check in and various checkpoints along the way. I finally got to Victory Road however, and saved just as I got inside the cavern there.

Quote Originally Posted by HanoiRose View Post
    Since last time, I've defeated Erika. I also took foxyman's advice and caught a Growlithe, and trained it to lv. 37. Next, I'm gonna fight all trainers near Fuchsia, and challenge Koga.

Current team:

Growlithe lv. 37
    -Flame Wheel
    -Bite
    -Take Down
    -Leer

Blastoise Lv. 40
    -Surf
    -Water Pulse
    -Bite
    -Withdraw

Raticate Lv. 38
    -Return
    -Quick Attack
    -Tai Whip
    -Pursuit

Nidoking Lv. 39
    -Double Kick
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Horn Attack

Exeggutor Lv. 39
    -Psychic
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion
    -Sleep Powder
    Seems we think very much a like will be interesting to see who else will fill your team and if we end up having a similar team

Well, my Firered for a few years has been screwwy so I decided to see if I can start a new game. Going to transfer the rest of my pokes and do the painful restart.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

@ Q1s22

So, I'm not the only one who reads peoples' updates. Good to see the time I've spend updating hasn'tgone to waste

Anyway, update time!

-I defeated all the trainers between Fuchsia and Lavender, and also defeated the Snorlax that was blocking my way.
    -Cleared Fuchsia Gym trainers, healed, and challenged Koga!
    -Koga wasn't much of a challenge, Exeggutor's Psychic proved devastating to his entire team. I earned my fifth badge!
    -Traveled to Saffron, and entered the Silph Co. building
    -Cleared all the Rocket Grunts
    -Challenged my rival, Taavi: Growlithe defeated Pidgeot before falling to his Gyarados. I send in Nidoking, who Thunderbolts Gyarados, and proceeds to take out Taavi's Alakazam and Growlithe before suffering a close defeat against Venusaur. I send in Exeggutor to finish it, but Venusaur proves faster, and puts Exeggutor to sleep. Fortunately, he only stays asleep for 2 turns, and finishes Venusaur and the battle.
    -Giovanni is much easier, Blastoise easily sweeping through his entire team.

Next up: the Fighting Dojo and Saffron Gym!

Current team:

Blastoise Lv. 45
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Water Pulse
    -Rain Dance

Raticate Lv. 43
    -Return
    -Super Fang
    -Quick Attack
    -Pursuit

Nidoking Lv. 43
    -Double Kick
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Megahorn

Growlithe Lv. 44
    -Flame Wheel
    -Take Down
    -Bite
    -Agility

Exeggutor Lv. 43
    -Psychic
    -Leech Seed
    -Confusion
    -Sleep Powder
    ---->

Well.. All of this happened about 4 days ago, but that's the last time I played it.

Just caught Mewtwo, raised my little.. Ok bigger Bethany (Dragonite) to level 65, Got all of the Islands done, and am on to raising Moltres.

Restarted my game and named my character Sean in tribute of my first game's character name (Sapphire). Chose Bulbasaur and wiped the floor with my rival, Takashi. Currently in Viridian Forest after I set out to catch Mankey and Pidgey. Game kept screwing up so I am putting it down for a while and will pick it up in a few minutes.

Team SuperGreen

Bulby ( Bulbasaur lvl. 7)
    Apest (Mankey lvl. 4)
    Pudge (Pidgey lvl. 3)

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

Wow, the path to the Pokemon League was paved with tons of wild Pokemon battles and tough trainer battles. I started exploring Victory Road and I pushed some boulders around in order to unlock pathways to the other areas of the cavern. I had to battle at least 20 trainers inside of Victory Road and it seemed like I fought over 100 wild Pokemon. The good thing about that is that my team gained tons of experience and I even managed to capture some Pokemon like Onix and Marowak for the Pokedex. I finally made it to the final part of Victory Road and found the exit. I came out of the cavern and I rushed to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon League HQ building. I also stocked up on items and swapped Pokemon around. I trained some more at Victory Road and then when I felt confident that I had trained enough for the Elite Four challenge, I saved right at the door to Lorelei's room.

@ HanoiRose - Always like to see how other think when it comes to pokemon, and im loving how different your use of Nidoking is to mine

Team is looking great Btw

Update:

-Moving on to Fuscia
    -Haunter learned some handy moves
    -Will go to Safari Park and attempt to catch the final 1 of my team.

Pokemon Currently:

Venusaur - Lv36
    - Tackle
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Razor Leaf

Nidoking - Lv38
    - Rock Slide
    - Peck
    - Dig
    - Thrash

Arcanine - Lv33
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ember
    - Take Down
    - Oddor Sleuth

Haunter - Lv33
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Punch
    - Dream Eater
    - Thunderbolt

Poliwhirl - Lv30
    - Brick Break
    - Water Gun
    - Double Slap
    - Rain Dance

Meowth (HM Slave) - Lv20
    - Scratch
    - Cut
    - Bite
    - Pay Day
    Last edited by Q1s22; 2nd March 2011 at 12:25 PM.

I entered Lorelei's room and the first Pokemon League battle began! I used Venusaur throughout the battle against Pokemon like Slowbro and Cloyster, but I switched to Rapidash when Lorelei sent out her Jynx. I switched to Raichu when she used Dewgong and Lapras, and I managed to win that battle without too many difficulties. I then moved on to Bruno's room and defeated his first Onix with my Poliwrath. I then used Fearow against his Hitmonchan and Machamp, but switched to Nidoking for his second Onix and Venusaur for his Hitmonlee. I won that battle and moved on to Agatha's room. That third battle was super difficult, but Poliwrath and Fearow defeated her Haunter and Gengar while Nidoking and Rapidash defeated her Golbat and Arbok. I went through to the next room (Lance's), but saved before that battle.

-Faced Koga, Haunter showed off his new move Dreameater...and just became a legend at taking down Kogas whole team..I think the other pokemon were a little jealouse.
    -Went to Safari Park, Caught a Rhyhorn, Goldeen, Psyduck, and DRATINI!!!
    -Found the building and recieved surf this will come in handy.
    -Team Complete time to move on and face my next gym!

Pokemon Currently:

Venusaur - Lv37
    - Tackle
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Razor Leaf

Nidoking - Lv39
    - Rock Slide
    - Peck
    - Dig
    - Thrash

Arcanine - Lv35
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ember
    - Take Down
    - Sunny Day

Haunter - Lv36
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Punch
    - Dream Eater
    - Thunderbolt

Poliwhirl - Lv31
    - Brick Break
    - Surf
    - Double Slap
    - Rain Dance

Dratini - Lv18
    - Wrap
    - Leer
    - ThunderWave
    - Twister

^Fire Red Team^

Credit Goes to Gladeshadow for Awsome Team Pose!

FanFic W.I.P - PM if you would like to star in a chapter.

I started a new game the other day.
    Chose Bulbasaur (of course!). I love Bulbasaur and I never evolve one. So far he has been pretty awesome.
    I caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Figured "what they hay". Never trained one before so might as well try now. I'll evolve it at level 41 after it learns Thunder.
    Beat Brock and Misty with ease.
    Caught a Mewoth. Beat Lt.Surge. Meowth evolved soon after.
    Did the usual stuff, caught a Cubone and Snorlax but boxed them because I wanted to try and use pokemon I never used before.
    With that being said, I saved up some money and got a Porygon from the game corner. It was hard to train at first but it seems to be getting better.
    Beat Erica. Persian is a goddess. 4 hp and poisoned but still managed to get a critical hit which took out Vileplume for the win.
    On the road to Fuchsia for the next gym badge and pokemon! wont tell you which one yet.

here is my team.

male, 38
    moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, and Vine Whip

female, 38
    moves: Cut, Growl, Faint Attack, Pay Day

male, 37
    moves: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunderbolt

no gender, 27
    moves: Tackle, Recover, Aerial Ace, Psychic

I got to Lance's room and challenged him to a Pokemon battle. I had an easy time against his Gyarados due to its extreme weakness to Electric-type moves (from Raichu). He then sent out his Dragonair which I beat with Poliwrath's Focus Punch. He sent out Dragonite and I had to swap out to Fearow and then Nidoking in order to defeat it. He sent out Aerodactyl which I went ahead and countered with my Poliwrath, and I sent out Venusaur to finish off Lance's second Dragonair. All in all, I had an easy time against him. After the battle, Lance told me that I had to face yet another trainer before being crowned the Kanto Champion. I was upset, but I decided to take this chance to heal all of my Pokemon. I used Full Restore on my entire team and switched Pokemon right before I entered the last room. I saved before going in to face my rival.

Ended up training some more with Dragonite (Bethany) got her up to level 70 now.
    Also got some Pokémon that I needed on my other Pokémon games to complete there Pokédex. And finally got to catching that very important voltorb.

I entered the champion's room and had to battle it out against my rival. I honestly hadn't expected such a difficult battle from him, but I had to switch Pokemon around a lot. His Pidgeot was easy to defeat with my Raichu's Thunder attack, but his Alakazam didn't want to go down, even after receiving my Nidoking's Megahorn attack, which should have been super effective. I took care of Alakazam with Rapidash and then I took down Gyarados with Venusaur. I saved Poliwrath for his Charizard and I won that battle at long last after defeating my rival's last Pokemon. Oak came and talked to me and then he finally registered me at the Hall of Fame along with all of my Pokemon. I restarted the game in Pallet Town and I saved shortly before going to Oak's lab.

Well, as soon as I arrived in Fuchsia city, I caught my 5th pokemon. I also went ahead and got the super rod and caught the sixth and final pokemon as well. Doduo and Horsea
    Trained a lot. Doduo and Horsea evolved.
    Beat Koga with mainly Seadra and Porygon.
    Took out Team Rocket in Silph Co.
    Beat Sabrina with a mixture of my team.
    Went on to beat Blaine and Giovanni.
    Now Im headed to the Elite 4. I really need to train though.
    oh, and I evolved Pikachu before Silph Co.

Current team:

male, 43
    Tackle, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip

female, 42
    Cut, Growl, Faint Attack, Pay Day

male, 43
    Fly, Pursuit, Uproar, Tri Attack

male, 45
    Surf, Smokescreen, Twister, Water Pulse

no gender, 42
    Tri Attack, Recover, Aerial Ace, Psychic

male, 42
    Thunder, Ouick Attack, Slam, Thunderbolt

I started where I left off and went to Professor Oak's lab to talk to him. My rival was there as well, and Professor Oak talked to both of us about the National Dex, among other things. We got our Pokedexes updated and then I went to Vermilion City. I took the ship to One Island and talked to Celio. He wanted help finding the ruby and sapphire items so that the network machine would finally run. I then headed north to the Kindle Road and Ember Spa area of One Island and Surfed all the way to Mt. Ember. I arrived and found that a whole had been dug into the mountain. I entered it and found myself inside the volcano. I encountered a Slugma there and captured it for later. I finally arrived at the place with the ruby and I collected it there. I returned it to Celio and I was then allowed to find the sapphire item on the other Sevii Islands.

I haven't found very much time to play during the week, but I did get a few hours of playtime.

-Defeated the Fighting Dojo and Saffron Gym
    -Flew to Pallet Town, and headed south toward Cinnabar
    -Fought all the trainers on the way, reached Cinnabar and entered the Pokemon Mansion
    -Used a lot of Repels, so it went rather swiftly. Inside, I found the Secret Key and TMs for Blizzard and Solar Beam. I thought Blizzard to Raticate, and Solar Beam + Sunny Day to Exeggutor
    -Blastoise easily swept through Blaine's entire gym, and gained 3 levels in the process
    -Traveled to one island with Bill
    -Completed the quests and found myself back in Cinnabar
    -Then I immediately flew to Vermilion and headed back to One Island. There, I went to Kindle Road for training. Growlithe finally grew to level 49 and learned Flamethrower, so I finally got to use my Fire Stone. Growlithe evolved and immediately learned Extremespeed.
    -Fought all trainers on the island, plus some wild pokemon.
    -Headed back to Viridian and entered the gym
    -Defeated all gym trainers and challenged Giovanni with my Exeggutor. Giovanni never stood a chance. I have all the badges!

Next up: training, training, rival, victory road, training, training

Current Team:

Blastoise Lv. 53
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Ice Beam
    -Rain Dance

Nidoking Lv. 49
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thrash
    -Megahorn