Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Blazed through Viridian Forest, with only Poison hitting us a few times. Trained a bit outside before challenging Brock. Kazooie did nothing besides defeat that Camper's Sandshrew, while Waveshell learned Water Gun and defeated Brock easily.

I got the Running Shoes (best shoes ever) and headed East. I caught my third team member, a NidoranM and named it Poizapunch. Am training it to reach the levels of my others.

Current Members:

Lvl. 15
    Lv. 13
    Lv. 12
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Giovanni was a tough opponent as usual. He sent out his Rhyhorn first, and although I managed to take it down with Graveler's Magnitude attack, I still received some damage from it. I swapped to Golduck once Rhyhorn was out for the count, but I barely managed to beat Giovanni's Nidoqueen. I had to use Venusaur against Giovanni's Rhyhorn, but I managed to beat it was a Giga Drain attack, so there was no trouble there. I used Fearow against Giovanni's Nidoking, but I had to swap to Golduck again just to finish it off. I finally beat Giovanni's last Pokemon, and I obtained the Earth Badge from him. I also got the TM containing Earthquake, and I left the Viridian City Gym to heal at the Pokemon Center.

After training and reaching Mt. Moon, I healed, bought tons of Repels. and headed inside.

Along the way, I caught a Zubat and Paras, just to fill up party member slots. I did switch out both in battle in twice when my others was weakened. Both Watertle and Poizapunch evolved, with Poizapunch holding off one level to learn Poison Sting. We beat up some Rocket Grunts and got two Moon Stones and a Helix Fossil.

Current Team:

Lv. 18
    Lv. 16
    Lv. 17
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

After a tough match against Giovanni at the Viridian City Gym, I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I shopped at the local Poke Mart as well, and then I headed south towards Pallet Town once more. I spent some time there, and then I headed out to capture some Pokemon. I was worried that my Pokedex was looking pretty empty, so I decided to just catch up on Pokemon that I was missing. I captured some Bug-types at the Viridian Forest, and then I captured a Clefairy on Mt. Moon. I continued to search for Pokemon around the Kanto region, and my search also led me back to the Sevii Islands. I got to Mt. Ember and I searched around for more Pokemon. I saved shortly after healing at the Ember Spa.

Elite Four time!

Lorelei
    Jolteon swept through all of Lorelei's pokémon, except Jynx which was defeated by Ninetales.

Bruno
    Venusaur decimated his two Onix while Fearow essentially destroyed his three remaining pokémon.

Agatha
    Agatha's first Gengar and Haunter were both OHKO'd by Ninetales' Flamethrower, Golbat was OHKO'd by Jolteon, and Arbok was OHKO'd by a critical hit EQ from Venusaur.
    I used Leech Seed on her second Gengar, I then switched to Ninetales, but was unfortunatly defeated by a critical hit Sludge Bomb.
    Gengar was narrowly defeated by Jolteon.

Lance
    Gyarados was OHKO'd by Jolteon's Thunderbolt, both of his Dragonair were then defeated by Fearow.
    Dragonite destroyed Fearow with a critical hit Outrage, but I still had Raticate, which I sacrificed while landing a Hyper Fang and reviving Fearow in the process, who then proceeded to finish Dragonite off with Drill Peck.
    Poliwrath managed to deal a lot of damage to Aerodactyl before being defeated by Wing Attack, Jolteon then finished Aerodactyl off with a Thunderbolt.

Spoiler:- champion:
    Last edited by Pyrax; 29th June 2011 at 8:36 PM.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

When I arrived back at Cerulean I healed up and went to challenge the Cerulean gym. I beat the Swimmer and then the Lass I then returned to heal up and returned to the gym. First Misty sent out Staryu while I sent out Ivysaur. I used Vine Whip which OHKO'ed it. I decided to keep Ivysaur out and used Vinewhip on Starmie. It was a 2 hit KO. After I went back to the Pokemon Centre and headed to the house which previously was guarded by a Police officer. I headed through the house to find a member of Team Rocket in the Yard. I beat him and obtained the TM for Dig. I continued South and went through the Underground tunnel. When I came out I picked up the Sitrus Berry and the Hidden Rare Candy. I then continued on and beat all the trainers. I then arrived in Vermillion.

Team
    Lv 22
    Lv 19
    Lv 19
    Lv 18

Is this a good team for now i have not started Cerulean yet(im a grinder)

1.Charmeleon lv 25
    Smokescreen
    Ember
    Scratch
    Metal Claw

2.Pikachu lv 25
    Thunderbolt
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Slam

3.Nidoking lv 23
    Thrash
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick
    Peck

4.Gyarados lv 25
    Splash
    Bite
    Dragon Rage

5.Pidgeotto lv 25
    Quick Attack
    Gust
    Sand Attack
    Wing Attack(note i evolved the Pidgey at lv 25)

6.Mankey lv 25
    Seismic Toss
    Karate Chop
    Fury Swipes
    Focus Energy

I challenged Lt. Surge and was a bit bold, so I sent out Kazooie the Fearow. Thanks to Secret Power, she OHKO'd both Voltorb and Pikachu. Against Raichu, I used Leer to lower its Defense so I could hit with my Poizapunch harder with Dig. The Raichu just used Thunder Wave and Double Team, but I ended up OHKOing it with Secret Power. I defeated Lt. Surge with a Fearow without getting hit at all.

Managed to be lucky (again) and catch a Dugtrio in Diglett's Cave on the way to get Flash. Am currently residing on the way to the Rock Tunnel, with Slumby going to evolve any moment.

I left One Island and then I headed towards Three Island to train a little more. I used the VS Seeker around the Bond Bridge area, and I battled the trainers there for more experience points. My training session led me to Berry Forest, and I picked up berries off the ground there while focusing on training my Pokemon. After about an hour of training, I left to Vermilion City and then I set of to the Seafoam Islands. I train there and then after about 40 minutes, I left to Cerulean City. I headed east and I reached the Power Plant area. I got inside and I battled some of the wild Pokemon, and captured others like Pikachu and Magnemite. I saved halfway through the maze there, since my battery was dying.

Well on my leafgreen i'm thinking of using strategy over power because i'm thinking of using my ivysaur as a Poiseeder but reall think my butterfree would be better as a stunfuser.I have not entered MT MOON yet and i raped Brock XD.

Also should i use Nidoking or Nidoqueen

I managed to borrow a charger, and I proceeded to play my game. I started out halfway through the Power Plant area, and I captured a wild Voltorb that I encountered. I went around, mostly just collecting items and battling wild Pokemon. I got to the room where Zapdos was hiding, and I collected a Thunderstone from there. I then challenged Zapdos to a battle. I managed to weaken it after hitting it with several powerful moves, and then I proceeded to toss Poke Balls at it until I snagged it. It took a while and about 15 Ultra Balls to get that done, but I left the Power Plant with a new Zapdos in my collection. I healed at the Pokemon Center nearby the Power Plant area, and I flew back to Viridian City. I saved before going west.

After catching a Voltorb, I entered the Rock Tunnel, and I really hate that cave. All of my Pokemon were either fainted or with not even half their health left. Thankfully I had enough Repels to last the whole way through. Slumby evolved into Hypno, and I evolved Pukurina into Wigglytuff in the Pokemon Center in Lavender Town. I bought a ton of Super Repels and Great Balls at the Mart as well. I beat all of the trainers on the next route toward Celadon City, and saved right in the Underground Tunnel.

I headed west from Viridian City since my next destination was the Pokemon League HQ, but my rival appeared and requested a battle with me. I was prepared to go head-to-head with him, and we began to battle. I didn't have too much trouble against his Pokemon this time around, and I finally beat him and was allowed to pass through the first gate towards the Pokemon League. I went ahead and I had to talk to the guards at the various checkpoints there, and then after I showed them my Gym Badges, I was able to arrive at Victory Road. I got inside of the cave there, and I battled against some wild Pokemon. I then used Strength to push boulders around and unlock new passages. I saved before battling the first trainer there.

I restarted my mates Fire Red the other day. I picked Bulbasaur and called myself Roger. I caught and trained a Mankey, proceeded through Virdarian Forest with slight difficulty, beat Pewter gym using only Mankey with Low Kick and caught a bunch of Pokemon. I went through Mt. Moon and caught a Zubat. It was painful training it. Well I got to Cerulean, beat Nugget bridge, fixed Bill-fairy(wow I haven't played the game in ages or have gone crazy), caught an Abra and evolved it to Kadabra and evolved my Bulbasaur to Ivysaur and beat the gym. Went through the tunnel, beat loads more trainers and boarded the S.S Anne. My Zubat finnaly evolved. I defeated everyone and managed to beat my Rival(Nebbio because I felt like it) with great ease. I defeated Surge after stuggling with his puzzle. I only used my newly caught Diglett and his awesome Magnitude. I travelled back to Cerulean to begin my travel through Rock Tunnel. Using a Mr Mime to light the cave I ended up at the end of the cave with a newly evolved poisoned Dugtrio and a Kadabra. Upon arriving in Lavender town I head up the tower and forgot about the ghosts. I went on to train my Makey to the point of evolution.

Team:
    Ivysaur Lvl 30
    Primeape Lvl 30
    Golbat Lvl 30
    Dugtrio Lvl 30
    Kadabra Lvl 30

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

When I arrived at Vermillion I imeaditly went to the Pokemon centre to heal up. After I talked to the girl with blue hair,she gave me the Vs Seeker. I then went on to the Pokemon Fan Club. I talked to the chairman and he gave me a bike voucher I then went to Cerulean to get a bike. After I got the bike I went to the Route east of Vermillion to battle all of the trainers. Afterwards I used the Vs Seeker to grind a bit. I battled the Butterfree guy to level my Pidgeotto and Pikachu, the guy with the Magneton to level up Mankey and the kid with the Nidorino to level up Ivysaur.

Team
    lv 24
    Lv 23
    Lv 23
    Lv 23

I've made a lot of progress in LeafGreen. After a lot of level grinding, I defeated Blaine, and I'm about to embark on the Sevii Islands sidequest. As a sidenote, immediately after defeating Koga, I traveled to Cinnabar because I wanted an Aerodactyl for my team. I was prepared to reset over and over until I got a decent one. But that was unnecessary. I got really lucky, and the first 'dactyl I drew had Adamant nature and Rock Head ability! Hurray ^^

My team:

Aerodactyl Lv. 48
    -Wing Attack
    -Rock Slide
    -Take Down (to be replaced with Double-Edge)
    -Bite (Earthquake)

Victreebel Lv. 46
    -Razor Leaf
    -Acid
    -Sleep Powder
    -Toxic

Beedrill Lv. 47
    -Twineedle
    -Aerial Ace
    -Poison Sting (Sludge Bomb)
    -Endeavor (Swords Dance)

Starmie Lv. 47
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt

Primeape Lv. 46
    -Brick Break
    -Cross Chop
    -Strength
    -Bulk Up

Charizard Lv. 50
    -Flamethrower
    -Fly
    -Wing Attack
    -Sunny Day

Beedrill's level of performance is lowering consistently. I'm thinking of replacing it with something. Any suggestions?

Oh, and this is my planned team for my next FireRed playthrough, all ideas and suggestions for the ??-parts are welcome

1. Charizard
    -Fire Blast
    -Aerial Ace
    -Dragon Claw
    -(Flamethrower)??

2. Dodrio
    -Drill Peck
    -Fly
    -Return
    -??

3. Gyarados
    -Thrash
    -Dragon Dance
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -(Hyper Beam)??

4. Nidoking
    -Earthquake
    -Thrash
    -Megahorn
    -Sludge Bomb

5. Raichu
    -Thunder
    -Rain Dance
    -Shockwave
    -Strength

6. Kabutops
    -Rock Slide
    -Slash
    -(Surf)??
    -Swords Dance
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

After finishing my grinding I healed up and headed to Vermillion port. I flashed my SS ticket and went to board the SS.Anne. I went to battle the trainers in the rooms as soon as you enter the ship. After that I healed up in my room. I then went on to the kitchen type place, I picked up the Great ball and got the berries from the trash cans and left. I then went up the stairs on the left side and took out all the trainers and got all the items but turned back to go to the deck. I beat all the trainers there and then went to heal. I then went down the stairs on the right side and beat all the trainers there got all the items healed up then headed back to the left side.I then headed to the captains room but I was stopped by none other then Gary. He challenged me to a battle he sent out Pidgetto while I started with Mankey. I used Mega Kick whick OHKO'ed it. He then sent out Kadabra,I kept Mankey in. I used Mega Kick byt it missed, Kadabra then used Disable but also missed. I used Mega kick again resulting in a OHKO. He then sent out his Raticate. I used Karate Chop which was also a OHKO. He then sent out his final Pokemon, his starter,Charmeleon.I used Mega Kick which got it into the red. Charmeleon then used Ember which burned my Mankey. I then used Karate Chop to finish it off. After beating Gary I headed into the Captains cabin to find the Captain sea sick. I rubbed his back and he felt better, to thank me he gave me the HM for Cut. I healed up one last time then left the Ship. I watched the Ship sail away. I then decided since he was really really close to evolving I would beat a few wild Pokemon to evolve my Mankey. After 3 wild encounters Mankey evolved into Primeape. I then went to the Pokemon centre to prepare for the upcoming Gym battle.Long post is long

Team
    Lv 24
    Lv 24
    Lv 28
    Lv 24

I managed to clear the path and I battled the first trainer that I encountered inside of Victory Road. I had a relatively easy time battling the trainer, and I moved on once they were defeated. I encountered a wild Marowak and a wild Onix within the cavern, and I captured them both. I continued to travel towards the exit, but I encountered even more trainers along the way. I battled trainers and then the wild Pokemon that appeared in between, and I also picked up some items while I was there. I managed to get closer to the exit, but I had to continue to clear the paths by pushing boulders around. I eventually battled the last trainers within Victory Road, and I managed to find the exit. I got out and I headed north towards the Pokemon League HQ building. I saved right outside of it.

@HanoiRose - I've been sitting here throwing things at your team, trying to figure out where there are holes, and the biggest one I see (about the only, really) is to electrics. So if you do drop Beedrill, I would tend to go for a ground. As it stands, Aerodactyl's got (or going to have) your only EQ and it's weak to electric, and pretty much your only other choice is going to be Primeape, since Starmie and Charizard are also both weak to electric and while Victreebel is strong to it, it really can't do much to hurt them.

Regarding your proposed team... for Charizard, if you want to keep Fire Blast - yeah - I'd use Flamethrower in the fourth slot. I would tend more though to get rid of Fire Blast and just use Flamethrower, then put something physical in the fourth slot - probably EQ, maybe Slash. For Dodrio - I'd tend toward Rest with Early Bird. It's a bit dicey on something with low HP and defenses, but with Early Bird, it's at least less of a risk. Other than that - maybe Toxic, maybe Attract (though it's opportunistic, since it depends on gender, Attract is a better "paralysis" move than any of the actual paralysis moves), maybe just another attack. For Gyarados, EQ is pretty much the standard in that slot, but I have to admit that there's just something about a Gyarados hurling a Hyper Beam that I really like. And for Kabutops.... it really has terrible SpAtk, but it's a shame to waste the STAB, so... yeah. I'd tend to go with Surf in that slot. Or maybe Brick Break...

Onward - playing back through Fire Red and taking advantage of a couple of the version exclusives. I started with Bulbasaur because I knew I was going to use Growlithe/Arcanine for my fire and because I just wanted to give Bulbasaur another chance. After much consideration and six gym badges, I just kicked her off the team. Venusaur just isn't useful enough later in the game. It's always a bit iffy with grounds, since its poison typing makes it neutral instead of resistant, and its advantage over waters starts to fade when Lapras and Seel/Dewgong start showing up, since it's weak to their ice attacks. So when I got to that point in the Silph building, I saved, ready to reset until I got the right Lapras. And just as HanoiRose did with Aerodactyl, I got it on the first try - Relaxed nature and all IVs (except HP) at least in the 20s (HP is mid-teens). I'm currently in Pokemon Tower, EV training on Gastlys. I'm here on the forum because I just finished 125 of them and was bored and needed a break. When I get that done, it's off to Cinnabar by way of Seafoam Islands.

The team, at the moment (not final by any means, other than the first three) -

- lvl 34 - Relaxed - Water Absorb - Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Body Slam
    - lvl 39 - Hardy - Intimidate - Flame Wheel/Roar/Bite/Odor Sleuth
    - lvl 37 - Brave - Swarm - Wing Attack/False Swipe/Slash/Swords Dance
    - lvl 39 - Adamant - Thick Fat - Body Slam/Shadow Ball/Rest/Sleep Talk
    - lvl 39 - Docile - Rock Head - Dig/Rock Blast/Strength/Stomp
    - lvl 36 - Modest - Psychic/Headbutt/Hypnosis/Dream Eater

After healing up I went to catch a Meowth to teach it Cut. After I had done so I cut down the tree and entered the Gym. I beat the 3 trainers making me get paralyzed many times. After I healed up and did the puzzle. It only took me 3 attemps to do it. I saved before I face L.T Surge. He sent out his Voltorb while I sent out Ivysaur. I used Razor Leaf which got him into the Yellow. He used Shock Wave which did not do to much. I used another Razor Leaf to finish it off. He then sent out his Pikachu, I kept Ivysaur. I used a Razor Leaf which OHKO'ed it. He then sent out his ace Pokemon Raichu. I used Razor Leaf which got him into the Low Green he used Shock Wave whick got me into the Yellow. I then used Sleep Powder which didn't work well as he used a Full heal soon after. I used Secret Power which got it into the Yellow. He then used Quick Attack which got me into the red but I finished him off with another Razor Leaf. Surge gave me the Thunder Badge and the TM for Shock Wave. I headed out the gym to heal...

After finally arriving at the Pokemon League HQ, I quickly entered the building and I healed my Pokemon there before doing anything else. I then checked the Pokemon inside my PC, and I swapped them there. I headed back outside to Victory Road to do a bit more training for the Elite Four challenge, and I managed to level up my Pokemon a bit while I trained there for about an hour and a half. I finally finished that, but I returned to Vermilion City and I set off for the Sevii Islands one last time since I wanted to train some more there. I visited Mt. Ember on One Island, and after training there, I headed for the Berry Forest on Three Island and I trained there as well. I collected berries from the ground, and I saved at the Three Island Pokemon Center.

Best day EVER!

So I was kicking around other things to maybe put on my team. I really like Rhydon, but I've played too many of them over the years and I hate having to level them all the way up to 58 to get Earthquake. I've never taken a Nidoking against the E4, and I thought that if I was going to go ahead and use the Earthquake TM, it should be on something that wouldn't get it otherwise, so maybe I'd train one for a while and see how it worked out. I had one Nidorino I caught in the Safari Zone just to fill in the Pokedex, but it wasn't a very good one, so I went back to try to catch a better one. I went in, moved into the grass and started turning circles. Scared up a few things I wasn't interested in, then one Nidorino I couldn't catch, then.... a Chansey. I've already got one in this game (only the second I've ever caught), but there it was, so I might as well chuck a ball at it. So I did, and caught it. I had gone in with just my HM slave Parasect, so that I had plenty of slots open for captured pokemon, so I could check their stats as I caught them, so I opened up the menu and looked at the team.... and the first thing I saw was that the Chansey had a hold item. And yes - it was a Lucky Egg.

I didn't even hang around to catch the Nidorino, since the biggest reason I wanted one was that I didn't want to have to level the Rhydon all the way up to 58 to get Earthquake. But now, with the Lucky Egg, I'm more than willing to put that much into the Rhydon.

So I'm currently in Victory Road, passing the Lucky Egg around and leveling like crazy.

The team at the moment - I'm still not completely satisfied, and have some more moveset tweaking to do even if I do keep all the members:

- lvl 50 - Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Safeguard
    - lvl 45 - Wing Attack (Aerial Ace?), False Swipe, Slash (Fury Cutter?), Swords Dance
    - lvl 49 - Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Bite, Roar
    - lvl 49 - Rock Blast, Dig (Earthquake), Brick Break, Strength
    - lvl 42 - Body Slam, Yawn (Focus Punch? Shadow Ball?), Rest, Sleep Talk
    - lvl 44 - Psychic, Shadow Punch (Shadow Ball), Thief, Hypnosis (Sludge Bomb?)

Erika was a peace of cake. Only Kazooie was the only one who got physically hurt. I payed nearly all of my money in and gambl- I mean played a slots game to get the TM for Ice Beam. Thankfully FR/LG has one of the funnest slot machines ever. I then stormed into Team Rocket's Hideout and drove them out without problem.

Once in Pokemon Tower, I showed my rival's Pokemon that "I can at least make them faint". I caught a Gastly and a Cubone on the way up to the top, while fighting zombified Channelers along the way. I saved Mr. Fuji, and got the Poke Flute. Then, I headed West, defeated a Snorlax (Pokemon were too weak withstand its Attacks), saving the other one to catch later, and was on Cycling Road, and after a battle with a trainer Waveshell evolved into Blastoise! I am residing on Cycling Road at the moment.

Current Team:

Waveshell: Lv. 36 Water Pulse/Bite/Ice Beam/Withdraw (Hoping to replace Withdraw for somethign else)
    Kazooie: Lv. 34 Aerial Ace/Secret Power/Pursuit/Fly
    Poizapunch: Lv. 34 Double Kick/Dig/Horn Attack/Sludge Bomb (Traded)
    Slumby: Lv. 34 Psychic/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch/Brick Break (Egg Moves and Traded)
    Pukurina: Lv. 34 Flamethrower/Sing/Return/Shadow Ball (Traded)

Oh, and this is my planned team for my next FireRed playthrough, all ideas and suggestions for the ??-parts are welcome

1. Charizard
    -Fire Blast
    -Aerial Ace
    -Dragon Claw
    -(Flamethrower)??

2. Dodrio
    -Drill Peck
    -Fly
    -Return
    -??

3. Gyarados
    -Thrash
    -Dragon Dance
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -(Hyper Beam)??

4. Nidoking
    -Earthquake
    -Thrash
    -Megahorn
    -Sludge Bomb

5. Raichu
    -Thunder
    -Rain Dance
    -Shockwave
    -Strength

6. Kabutops
    -Rock Slide
    -Slash
    -(Surf)??
    -Swords Dance
    Woah woah woah that's Super weak to Electric and Rock types, but mostly Electric. You do have Nidoking, though, so I'd say replacing either Dodrio or Gyarados with a more Special Attacker, like Kadabra or Jynx, since most of your team is physically based.

After doing some more last-minute training on Three Island and then Victory Road, I was finally ready to challenge the Kanto Elite Four. I flew back to the Pokemon League HQ, and I bought some items before going in. I got to Lorelei's room and after a brief chat, we began to battle. I used Graveler against her Dewgong, hoping to knock it out with a Rock-type move, but I failed at it, and Graveler was defeated easily. I had to use Venusaur after that, and I managed to beat Dewgong, Cloyster and Slowbro with it. I had some trouble against Lorelei's Jynx, though. I tried using Nidoking's Megahorn attack, but it missed three times in a row. I finally got it to hit, but I wasted a lot of time and effort. I beat Lapras with Poliwrath's Brick Break, and I saved before moving on.

Moving on through S.S Anne. My team consists of my starter Zard who is a Charmeleon. Storm who is a Pikachu that is the first Pokemon I caught in this game, he is from Viridian Forest. And finally Rampage, my Gyarados raised from the Magikarp I bought from the Pokemon Center near Mt. Moon.

Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast