Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I booted my Sandslash for a Nidoking and just finished the Rocket business on the Sevii Islands. Now I guess I'll buy a Porygon from the game corner to migrate to Diamond and continue leveling up until I get bored and restart again.

Everyone is currently around level 57.
    The KKK took my bishie away...

yesterday in my Leaf green i caught myself a shiny spearow (making for my 2nd shiny this summer and my 2nd shiny ever) i then managed to lvl it up to a Fearow in the SS Anne where i defeated my rival. i then traded for farfetch'd and beat Surge with nothing but geodude. then in rock tunnel geodude and bellsprout evolved. i just beat gary again in pokemon tower

team
    fearow lvl 27
    Weepinbell lvl 27
    Graveler lvl 27
    wartortle lvl 27

I just started my scramble challenge, and chose Charmander. After catching my spearow and leveling the two for a bit, I beat my Rival. I then headed through Viridian Forest and went to the Rock-Type Gym. I lost

His Rock Pokemon owned my Fire and Flying type Pokemon, so I went back there and sent out CHarmander first, and Metal Clawed the crap out of them. First Badge!

Right now I caught my third Pokemon and I'm outside Mt. Moon.

My Team:

Clefairy Lvl 12
    (I forget her moves lol)

Charmander Lvl 15
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw

Spearow Lvl 15
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

I finally was able to get into Cerulean Cave, but I wasn't able to catch Mewtwo... I'm thinking of trying again later since I need to strengthen my team for the powered-up E4.
    The Bad Guys Rule!

I started the game, went through it, and am now training for the Elite 4 first time. I'm only at levels around 47, so I need to get them up to where I want them, which is 55ish. I want my Dragonair to evolve. :|
    ~Keep on truckin'!~

Thanks to Zadros for the banner!

Not coming soon, but
    it's a pretty banner, yes?

Just spent 3 hours trying to find a Nidoran?. I don't know why, but they have always been the hardest Pokémon for me to ever find on Fire Red. Go figure. I did end up finding one finally. I named it Nancy.

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2edd1zm.jpg[/IMG]
    ShiniesShiny Lovers ClubRotom

Pearl 0438 2903 5961
    White 4684 8876 1042
    PGL Nickname: Cainer, add me!

Current Shiny Hunts

Status 1,336 Eggs, 100 RE

Got my second shiny Abra this morning in FireRed. Didn't expect to get one today. It has a Jolly nature with Synchronize as its ability, so I'll evolve it into an Alakazam later on.

Now I'm SRing for a secret shiny target, hopefully it'll appear quickly. No shiny Kabuto in LeafGreen either, will get to that later.
    Formerly Storm_Dragoon

Latest Shinies - Alpha Sapphire:

2380 SRs/RAs

I SR'ed for a Calm Eevee, which I got on my third go

He will be transferred to Sapphire via Colosseum.

1400th post (Y)

2423 3909 0411
    Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

I had an issue with my FR. I had it plugged in and was still playing. Got up to go somewhere and tripped on the cord and the game hit the floor and it froze on Oddish's pokedex page (which I was going train for Misty's Gym alongside my Pikachu). I haven't checked yet to see if it erased all my data or if I just need to do the minor training and whoop Gary and the Nugget Bridge's little behinds again. Its not a lot of work so I can make it up easy unless it did erase everything which would be a nightmare. Going to check it a little later on I suppose.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Another Progress update on my Fire Red game:

I trained my Clefairy up and went through Mt. Moon easily, and arrived in Cerulean City. After beating my Rival and catching a few Pokemon to add to my Pokedex, I decided to ditch Spearow for a Caterpie, who I trained to a Butterfree. After training against the trainers near Nugget Bridge and in Cerulean's Gym, I deposited Charmander in the PC (I'm doing a Gym challenge thing, where I use the same amount of Pokemon as the Gym Leader) and took Misty on with a Butterfree and Clefairy. I got my a** kicked twice in a row
    The third time I sent out Butterfree against Staryu and Starmie, and it worked wonderfully. Because of compoundeyes Butterfree easily Sleep powdered them both, and Clefairy finished them off.

At the Moment i'm in the S.S Anne and I've caught my fourth Pokemon.
    Badges: 2
    Pokedex: Seen-50 Owned-21
    My team:

Clefairy Lvl 24
    -Mega Punch
    -Water Pulse
    -Encore
    -Sing

Diglett Lvl 24
    -Rock Tomb
    -Magnitude
    -Dig
    -Fury Swipes

Butterfree Lvl 21
    -Tackle
    -Sleep Powder
    -Confusion
    -Supersonic

Charmander Lvl 24
    -Mega Kick
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw

I just restarted my FireRed game. Thus so far:

I caught a pikachu in viridian forest! I was trying to train my caterpie and I just ran into one! I was so happy and I felt so special... ^_^ I wasn't even looking for it. It was the first Pokémon I found, starting from the finishing point.

My caterpie still isn't level 10. It's only level seven! Training is so hard right now. I might trade him to LeafGreen and raise him there. My pikachu, named Fortune, will be a great help to my charmander against Misty. So far, I haven't even beaten Brock. I haven't even tried and I won't until my caterpie evolves into a butterfree. I heard his confusion will take down Brock's Onix.

~~~

Update:

I won against Brock, but only with a borrowed Machop. That was no picnic, either. She made herself sleep during the battle with Brock's Onix! Aargh...

I defeated Misty when my pikachu was level 25. It took 25 levels to defeat the starmie! I was so happy when she handed me that badge.

Lt. Surge was easy. I'm going to take on Rock Tunnel tomorrow. My team so far:

Aw... poor HM slave oddish. Maybe she'll be useful later.
    Last edited by Saberu; 7th August 2008 at 3:04 AM.
    Zekrom, from dark stone
    A marvelous embryo
    Battle for ideals

If you despise chain messages, put this sentence into your signature.
    I use cheating devices, I breed to perfection, and I see Pokémon as useless if they have the wrong nature. Guess what? I still love Pokémon, especially the ones I capture, hack, breed, and/or train myself. All the extra codes and effort contribute to my affection for them. If you disagree, I love debate.

Just beat the Fuschia gym and off train my pokemon up to around 45/6 for Cinnabar

Gyarados, 38
    Charizard, 38
    Primape, 39
    Pidgeot, 39
    Weepinbell, 38
    Haunter, 38

Hoping Gyarados will help me out a lot with Blaine and thinking about catching a Poliwag because Poliwrath is one my favorites.

I restarted my Firered version. And soon my Leafgreen as well. But for now. FR update.

Pokemon I have choosen: Bulbasaur (Fushigidane)

Went to Viridian City to obtain Oak's Parcel.

Returned to Oaks place to recieve Pokedex.

Rested at my house. Headed out on my adventure with Fushigidane.

Went to Route 22 and obtained 2 pokemon. Battled Gary and won...somehow.

Went to Viridian City and am now training pokemon.

Current Pokemon:
    Bulbasaur (Fushigidane) Lv. 13
    Spearow (Onisuzume) Lv. 13
    Mankey (Okorizaru) Lv. 11
    Kakuna (Cocoon) Lv. 8
    Metapod (Trancel) Lv. 8
    I am a fire/flying trainer.

[IMG]http://i15.*******.com/32ztml4.png[/IMG]
    Check it out! I made me a TC!

Well, I'm progressing nicely through my Fire Red Scramble Challenge. My starter, Charley (a Charmander), is at level 18, though I am keeping my promise not to evolve him until I beat Erika. His Metal Claw destroyed Brock, though I did need to use two Potions during the battle.

Avi, my Pidgeotto, leveled up a lot in the Viridian Forest and evolved shortly after I left Pewter City. I'm headed towards Cerulean through Mt. Moon right now, more ready than ever to face the challenges ahead. Lots of fun so far!

I recently restarted Leaf Green as well; I currently have a Wartortle, Pidgeotto, and Jigglypuff in that game. I'm at about the same point there as I am in Fire Red, so wish me luck on both games.
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

started my game over (LeafGreen) and currently SR'ing for a decent natured Squrtile perfering bold.

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

Default My Time !

Third time I reset my FR, started with Charmander and I got owned in the first battle, lol.
    I got the parcel from poke market and gave it to prof oak and I received the pokedex as always, so I bought some pokeballs and caught pidgey/rattata/mankey, I put rattata in the box and keep with pidge and mankey, so in veridian forest I got caterpie/metapod/weedlee/kakuna/pikachu then I put all in the box, I leveled a little and went to brock, mankey and charmander just owned him and went to route three.
    KILLED all the trainers and caught a spearow (box), went to mt. moon, didnt find a clefairy but i caught geodude/zubat, went to cerulean, I got owned 2 times by my rival before beating him, so in cerulean I took a LONG TIME training and finally beat myst after lossing like twenty times (yes) so I went ahead............................................. ...........

And now I have 6 badges with this team:

Charizard 46:
    - Cut
    - Flamethrower
    - Ember
    - Brick Break

Pidgeot 43:
    - Wing Attack
    - Fly
    - Aerial Ace
    - Steel Wing

Vaporeon 43:
    - Water Pulse
    - Bite
    - Surf
    - Aurora Beam

Zapdos 50:
    - Thunderwave
    - Thunder
    - Detect
    - Drill Peck

Dragonair 29: (TRAINING, I got him at safari zone with one safari ball lol, I didn't put/remove skills yet)
    - Thunderwave
    - Twister
    - Dragon Dance
    - Slam

Rhyhorn 25: (DAY CARE, didn't put/remove skills yet)
    - Tail Whip
    - Stomp
    - Fury Attack
    - Scary Face

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

PS: I can't find the guy with exp. share wtf I have 52 btw! Chaos Emerald said that he is in the gate in route 11 12 13 but he isnt there u.u
    Does anyone know where he is?

i beat my rival with my lv 26 Charmeleon at Curuleon
    basicly i traded for a Farfetchd and got it to lv 28 along with Char and thats it for day 1

Well, I have decided to restart my Pokemon Leaf Green while I wait for Pokemon Platinum. In doing so, my girlfriend has never played a pokemon game so she wanted to try one out. I lent her Fire Red and my spare GBA so we're going to proceed through the games together. It will be interesting to see a first time player go through these games alongside someone who has been playing since RBY.

On to the happenings.... We started our adventures lastnight. She chose Squirtle (male) and I chose Bulbasaur (female). Within an hour we had advanced up to the point where we got our pokedex and our pokeballs and were levelling up our newly caught Pidgeys. I caught a Rattata and she ventured north to Viridian forest to get a Weedle. Less than 2 hours in, we both have three pokemon and are leveling on our way to Pewter City.

Current Goals: Catching a Pikachu.

Kukem
    Pokemon White - FC: 3181 5388 6559
    Pokedex: Gen4: Caught - 493. (It's about time!)
    Gen5: Caught - 330

Well, I evolved my dragonair, only 5 more Pokémon for my Kanto Pokédex. Also I have reached the 999999 money limit. Now I'm training a Trainer Tower team, and also breeding for a shiny Eevee, none yet and 1 box full.
    Current Soulsilver Team:

So I just finished my FireRed again, now I need a good team and I need to catch Suicune, I'll transfer my emerald pokes to FR and I need to complete my pokedex (I don't have some easy catching pokes like Onix).

For now this is my team:

64:

- Psych
    - Role Play (I'll get Shadow Ball)
    - Trick (I'll get a elemental punch, I only have BP's for buying one)
    - Future Sight

(Thanks for Chaos Emerald for moveset hint)

60:

- Cut
    - Flamethrower
    - Blast Burn
    - Brick Break

56:

- Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Wing Attack

55:

- Surf
    - Hydro Pump
    - Bite
    - Acid Armor

55:

- Thunder
    - Fly
    - Drill Peck
    - Detect (I'll switch for thunderbolt)

(Thanks for Lostelle for moveset hint)

58:

- Horn Drill (Should I remove it?)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Tomb
    - Strenght

I think I'll reset my emerald too

Bye

Yes, you should remove Horn Drill for Megahorn when he learns it leveling up.

Edit: Hm, now that I think about it, I really should post my own Fire Red team:

Wartortle, Lv30
    Male, Calm nature
    -Water Gun
    -Bite
    -Tackle
    -Withdraw
    I will be replacing him with a Dewgong soon, who I have yet to try using.

Beedrill, Lv37
    Male, Quirky nature
    -Twineedle
    -Poison Sting
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace
    I love Beedrill, he's fun. I've used him before, and he was pretty helpful until the Elite Four. But he did laugh at my rival's Venusaur.

Gloom, Lv36
    Female, Relaxed nature
    -Secret Power
    -Acid
    -Sleep Powder
    -Moonlight
    I'll evolve it into Vileplume soon, and I'll give it a Sunny Day moveset. I'll definitely get rid of Secret Power, but I'm not sure if I should replace Sleep Powder or Acid to make room for Sunny Day and Solarbeam.

Growlithe, Lv35
    Male, Quirky nature
    -Flame Wheel
    -Roar
    -Bite
    -Hidden Power Electric
    I'm quite proud of my Growlithe, who I'll evolve when he learns Flamethrower over Flame Wheel at Lv49, and he'll get Extremespeed over Roar at the same level.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Edit: Here is my updated and almost complete team:

Beedrill
    Male, Quirky nature
    -Twineedle
    -Endeavor
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace
    Only difference is that I will swap Endeavor for Sludge Bomb when I get the TM.

Vileplume
    Female, Relaxed nature
    -Petal Dance
    -Acid
    -Sleep Powder
    -Moonlight
    Not sure of whether to do a Sunny Day set or not. I'm going to try this against my neighbor first and then I'll change it if I feel I need to.

Arcanine
    Male, Quirky nature
    -Flamethrower
    -Extremespeed
    -Bite
    -Hidden Power Electric

Dewgong
    Female, Sassy nature
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power Dark
    Last edited by Yo Shee; 18th August 2008 at 1:15 AM.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

Day 2: Pokemon FR/LG Update

Today was an exciting day as we pushed forward on our way to Pewter City. My Girlfriend and I spent a bit of time leveling up our Pokemon on Route 2 before venturing into Viridian Forest. I caught a Mankey (Monica) and she has a Rattata.

After some intense leveling I ventured into the forest and searched out some items that were lying on the ground. The forest was dark, but I still managed to find my way around. I fought my first random trainer battle and won! After that, I continued pushing on encountering Caterpie (Rachel) and Weedle (Bobby) and a lot of their family.

As I approached the exit of the Forest, my Girlfriend was venturing back through it towards Pewter City. She also caught a Caterpie. Her first random trainer battle went well as she defeated the Bug Cather boy and pushed on. It wasn’t until we were deep into the Forest did we encounter our Goal Pokemon: Pikachu! We both caught a level 3 female Pikachu! I named mine, appropriately enough, after my GF and her nature turned out to be Naughty! How perfect is that?

As my GF trudges through the remaining paths of the forest, I set out exploring Pewter City. Soon we will both be attempting our first badge battles against Brock, the Pewter City Gym leader. I hope we have what it takes!

Current Goals: Getting the Boulder Badge from Pewter City’s Gym Leader.

Kukem
    Pokemon White - FC: 3181 5388 6559
    Pokedex: Gen4: Caught - 493. (It's about time!)
    Gen5: Caught - 330

I've been soft resetting for a shiny Charmander. I had restarted when I first saw that Charizard was black, but I've no luck on getting the little bugger yet.

I've been taking a break from training my team and I'm now trying to fill up my Pokedex by breeding Pokemon with Ditto to get baby forms and evolving Pokemon that I have the basic stage of.

EDIT: Went up another rank!
    The Bad Guys Rule!

I restarted my game so I can SR for a shiny charmander. That was a few days ago actually. Now I am just pressing the same buttons over and over for hours. :|

Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast