Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Gave Lostelle's dad the meteroritw and exchanged for a moon stone.

Got back to One island then back to Cinnibar.

Flew back to Viridian and fought all Gym trainers.

Now defeated Giovanni.

Made my way to PKMN league gate, nya~

Began a new file on LeafGreen, choosing Squirtle for possibly the first time ever. I hunted for and eventually found a Mankey (several, actually) and began training to defeat my rival. Afterward, I made my way to Pewter City where I easily defeated Brock. I then found a Jigglypuff and trained as I battled my way through Mt. Moon. Reaching daylight on the other side, I decided to abandon all of my team, except for what is now my Wartortle. Currently, I'm looking for a Sandshrew with a decent nature. Tenatively, my team will look something like this-

Last edited by prochoiceantichrist; 6th July 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Bill and Celio told me to go do whatever I wanted around the three islands but they basically entailed battling random trainers and exploring. Once I saved a small girl from a Hypno I was able to return to Cinnabar Island and I went to the Viridian Gym. I had Jynx, Poliwrath, and Charizard take out everyone before challenging Giovanni. Jynx took out the 2 Rhyhorn's and Venomoth defeated Dugtrio, Nidoqueen, and Nidoking with Psychic. I got the Earth Badge and taught Earthquake to Arbok before heading towards Victory Road. I defeated my rival along the way and then went through the 8 Gates and entered Victory Road. Once I beat the two trainers in the first room I took a break.

Spoiler:- Scramble Rules:

Lv49
    Lv48
    Lv49
    Lv49
    Lv50
    Lv50
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Decided to take a new approach to defeat the elite four, by simply challenging them over and over again until I succeeded (they do give the most experience). However this tactic proved flawed, as even with the extra XP level growth is at a crawl, and now I'm losing money each time I lose. Plus it won't help me to defeat my rival at the end.

Upate:

Levelled party up to 50, used Rare candies to get Dragonair into Dragonite, and defeated the Elite Four and my rival to become the new Indigo League Champion! Booyaah!!! Went on to defeat Team Rocket again and recover the Saphire and Ruby stones. Then proceeded to capture Mewtwo with the Master Ball. Preparing Mew and the Legendary birds for the rematch with the Elite Four.
    Last edited by Herugrim; 10th July 2012 at 4:11 AM. Reason: update

Recent Activity: SoulSilver: Starting a brand-new game.
    Team:
    Legendaries:

I've been playing LG, with a new stronger team to beat everyone with. The nicknames are off of The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim. I've just gotten passed Nugget Bridge and I'm training my new team member- Bellsprout.

TEAM:
    Audlin (Charmeleon), level 26
    Alchemist (Bellsprout), level 18

Wow. Haven't played for weeks.

Alright. I digged out of Victory Road and healed my PKMN in Viridian's Centre coz my team was out of health. Came back in Victory road and got out. Simple, nya~

Continuing on, I trained Bellsprout more, and sorted out Bill. I then began to take on Misty. I got a nice suprise- Bellsprout evolved against the gym trainers! I thought it evolved at level 25 or something (like Oddish/Gloom) but level 21 is cool. We then thrashed Misty. I beat all the trainers on route 5/6 (?) and then arrived at Vermillion City. I caught my third member- Ambijorn the Docile Diglett (For non skyrim players, Ambijorn is a werewolf in the Dark Brotherhood, husband of Astrid, the leader). I trained my team (except Charmeleon) to level 25. Saved.

TEAM:
    Alduin (Charmeleon) Rash- level 27
    Alchemist (Weepinbell) Bashful- level 25
    Ambijorn (Diglett) Docile- level 25

NOTE: As far as I'm aware, you can catch Dugtrio in Diglett Cave. I wanted a Diglett, as evolving is much more fun then catching an overlevelled member who I can't evolve.

After I won the Cascade Badge at the Cerulean City Gym, I headed over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I finished that, and I headed back to the Poke Mart to stock up on items for the next part of my journey. I managed to gather up some Potions and Poke Balls, and then I headed north towards the Nugget Bridge area. However, I ran into my rival while I was headed north, and I had to battle against him. That match was incredibly difficult, but I managed to win in the end. I healed my Pokemon once more before leaving town. Once I had arrived at Route 24, I had to battle against some trainers along the path. It was tough, but my Pokemon got a ton of experience from those battles, so I can't complain. I walked into the tall grass after that, and I captured a wild Oddish. I continued to head north, and I saved the game shortly before reaching Route 25.

Continuing my monotype challenges and started Flying in Firered. Caught myself a Pidgey and a Caterpie to start after choosing Charmander. Brock wasn't too bad after Charmander learned Metal Claw. By the time I hit Cerulean Cave I had a Butterfree and Charmeleon. I'm currently on Nugget Bridge and my Pidgey is one level away from evolving.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Man that sucks! I am going to use a Tauros when I go through Leaf Green again. I hope I find a shiny Tauros, unlikly. (BTW first gen has some of the best normal types)

About to play through some Leaf Green again, I'm just outside of Vermillion city and my team so far is, Wartortle, Pikachu and Bellsprout. Gonna catch a Diglett.

Well crap. Let's see what I remember.

I know I made it through Victory Road and then trained everyone to Lvl 52 before taking on the Elite 4. Lorelei was by far the hardest because, thanks to Poliwrath not having Fighting type moves, I didn't have any Super Effective attacks against most of her team. Raticate was the star of that battle because it kept using Super Fang and Strength over and over and over.

Bruno was pretty easy. Poliwrath beat both Onix (He sent out his second Onix right after I beat the first) with Surf and Charizard defeated Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan with Fly. Machamp was slightly difficult but Venomoth took it out.

I honestly don't remember much about Agatha. I'm sure I used Arbok for Bite and Venomoth for Psychic but I can't remember how it happened. It was two weeks ago that I did this.

I do remember Lance though. Raticate beat Gyarados thanks to the Super Fang/Strength combo and Jynx wiped the floor with the rest of his team thanks to Ice Punch.

I know Jynx beat Pidgeot and Rhydon with Ice Punch and Raticate beat Alakazam with the same fantastic combo as before. Charizard beat Exeggutor and Poliwrath knocked out Arcanine. Blastoise was tough though. I remember stalling it and switching out a lot. I think Poliwrath may have got the last move in with Body Slam. Anywho, I beat the Scramble Challenge!

Spoiler:- Scramble Rules:

Lv52
    Lv53
    Lv52
    Lv53
    Lv53
    Lv55

I actually had to boot up the game to check what level they were.

Okay so I just started having enough time to play more pokemon (yay!). So I play my LeafGreen I bought and still hadn't touched.

I named myself Skyrim, and my rival Portal2. X3 Chose Bulbasaur, which I am going to level up to level 30 before evolving to Ivysaur (lvl 26 currently).

I went through collecting pokemon and womping battlers. Flew through Brocks gym. Then, the route from there to the pokecenter before Mt. Moon cave I did some leveling, trying to evolve my Kokuna into a Beedrill. Upon working on this, I caught Jigglypuff, Spearow, both Nidirians, and then the car stopped so I saved and turned it off. X3 When I turn it on later, I run around and I notice something about this Spearow: "OH MY GOSH IT'S GOT A YELLOW/GREENISH WING!" and sure enough, it's a shiny. :3

This is slightly disheartening because I was trying to soft set for a shiny Bulbasaur for about a month before this, and I don't care for the pokemon. X3 Still, a shiny is a shiny. n.n I'll be able to start glitch cloning those once I finish LeafGreen, but I'm taking my time with it and having fun.

So now I beat Misty, Portal2, and the six Young Rockets on the bridge. Then I basically worked on random pokes (Pidgey, Mankey, rattata, and the 500pokedollar Magikarp) until I had Pidgeyoto at level 20. Then I worked on the other three till they fainted. Now I have a whole bunch of trainers to battle before reaching Bill's house. n.n
    Black Friend Code: 3697 3078 7902

I always have available due to Emerald Glitch Cloning:
    MYSTRY Event Mew UT Hardy
    Shiny Spearow
    Shiny Trapinch

Spoiler:- Want List:

Hiring someone to Pokécheck for me!

I cleaned out the SS Anne, with Ambijorn (turns out the name is actually Arnbjorn, so I'll change that) evolving into Dugtrio. We then swept L.T Surge. I began battling the trainers on the route before Rock tunnel.

I'm going to restart my FireRed.
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 3351 5245 7342
    PM me once you have my Friend Code! =D
    "Flawless pokemon aren't the best. Its your favorite pokemon that truly shine." -Earthbounded

I'm so ridiculously weird. *rolls eyes in a sassy way*

White Friend Code: 0862 2564 3847

White 2

Grumpig is a cool babe i luv it and traded it from my bro's ruby version need a good nicknameB-) ANY SUGESSTIONS???

Waiting for my copy of Firered to come in the mail, my team is going to be: Charizard, Nidoking, Vaporeon, Snorlax, Hitmonlee, and Zapdos.
    Currently playing: Pokemon Firered, Pokemon White

i was roaming the safari zone yesterday, trying to get 50 pokes so i can get exp! Share, (during my non starter run) and all of a sudden a shiny nidorina pops up. I caught it with the first safari ball thrown ^^. After i leave i evolve it straight away and now own a shiny nidoqueen. I got my 50 poke caught and continued to train my team for the battle against koga.

team: jynx 30
    nidoqueen 40
    poliwrath 28
    vaporeon 33
    doduo 30
    dugtrio 29
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

My firered version finally came in the mail, so far I'm up to Misty and I'm struggling a little bit

My team:
    Charmeleon Lvl 23
    Nidorino Lvl 23

Lance is stupidly difficult without an ice attack. I haven't got far enough to teach Jet (Poliwrath) Ice Punch otherwise I would be flying through it easily with Current (Raichu) for Gyarados.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

So, I felt nostalgic a bit, I guess, so I decided to replay my FireRed copy.
    And I just realized you can interact with things. I mean, I knew about television, and paintings, and such, but now I found out I could also interact with the cupboard and the sink.

Also, my starter, -as always, I picked Charmander-, turned out to be female. I traditionally named her Charlie.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Just caught my first Snorlax, my team is as follows:

Snorlax (Laxatives) Lvl 31
    Vaporeon (Drizzle) Lvl 38
    Nidoking (Barney) Lvl 39
    Charizard (Rug Burn) Lvl 39

I wasn't paying much attention, so when I came across a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, I accidentaly defeated him. So I decided I should get some more Pokémon first, even though I wanted to have Pikachu as my third Pokémon (The second one was a female Pidgey who I named Cyclone.. Well, turned out her nature is Calm, so it doesn't fit.. But still, I'm not changing it.).. So, I got myself a Caterpie, who I named Gliter (It was meant to be Glitter, but I missed a t and when i realized that, it was too late so I'll have to keep him with that name until I get to a Name Rater.), and a Weedle who I named Bee.
    Today, I met another Pikachu, this time a female, just after both Gliter and Bee evolved. This time I was more careful at my attacks, so I caught her with a first Pokéball and I named her Lita. So, I need just one more Pikachu, this time a male (I want two so I could breed them, and also because I don't want to evolve Lita but I still want to have a Raichu).

So currently, these are the Pokémon in my team:
    Lita the Pikachu, female, level 5
    Gliter the Metapod, male, level 7
    Bee the Kakuna, male, level 7
    Cyclone the Pidgey, female, level 10
    Charlie the Charmander, female, level 12

EDIT: Since nobody else posted, I decided to just edit the next update in here..
    Anyway, I successfully caught that second Pikachu, which I named Rai, and in the meanwhile Gliter and Bee both evolved in their final forms. So I finally left Viridian Forest and continued to Pewter City. I also got myself a Rattata, which I named Fang, got them all to lv.10 (Charlie to lv.13), and then I challenged Brock. I lost the first time, so I went back to Route 22 where I caught a Mankey, which was the first -and currently, the only- Pokémon I didn't nickname. I raised him to lv. 10 and challenged Brock for second time, this time I won with ease using Mankey's Low Kick.
    So I went to Mt. Moon, and in the meanwhile Charlie got to level 16 but I didn't let her evolve yet. I also got myself a Spearow which I named Alex, after a Spearow you get in Gold to deliver a message (Yes I know that one is named Kenya, but the Gold I used to play is French, and there, that Spearow is named Alex.), a male Nidoran which I named Nido and a female Jigglypuff which I named Jasmine, and I won't go into Mt. Moon until I also get a female Nidoran, as well.

So, my new team is this:
    Jasmine the Jigglypuff, female, level 4
    Alex the Spearow, male, level 7
    Bee the Beedrill, male, level 11
    Nido the Nidoran, male, level 7
    Rai the Pikachu, male, level 10
    Charlie the Charmander, female, level 16
    Last edited by lovepika; 13th August 2012 at 7:52 AM. Reason: Added a next update
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Started over a new Leafgreen game the yesterday. I chose Squirtle as my starter and beat my rival's Bulbasaur. I got the Parcel from the Viridian City Pokemart and returned it to Oak so I could get my Pokedex but more importantly I was able to get Pokeballs. I left Pallet Town again and captured my second team member, a Pidgey. I trained it a little and then I headed into the Viridian Forest and got my third team member, a Weedle. I trained Weedle a little bit before taking a break.

Current LeafGreen Team

Lv8
    Lv8
    Lv6

Taking a break on Advance games until I get wireless adapators in the post got 1 should the second monday then hopefully I will get my pokedex up on Emerald to get all pokemon.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast