Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    I went with Bill on the Ship which took me to One Island. Once there, we met Bill's friend Celio and Bill got me to give a meteorite to a man on Two Island. I decided to do some training on Kindle Road and Mt. Ember first. Once I was at Mt. Ember, I got my way to Moltres, and saved in preparation for Battle. In the end I couldn't catch it.
    I had the same problem. twice I got it's health so low that I couldn't see it and had it paralyzed and twice I ran out of great and ultra balls. I flew back to town and went on with the meteorite delivery and came back to Mt. Ember after I was able to switch pokemon for someone with sleep powder and buy more ultra balls. 23 wasn't enough to catch that stupid bird...

I got it the next time I made my way up to it. I had to put it to sleep a couple of times before I was able to finally catch it. I had to revive Victreebel twice in the process.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Playing through every region before X and Y come out so I decided to start off with the 1st region in FireRed. I went with Bulbasaur as my starter this time because it has been awhile since I chose it. I then had to train Bulbasaur to Lv11 before I could defeat Gary near Viridian City (stupid critical hits). I had planned out my team prior to starting this playthrough but in Viridian Forest I found a Pikachu and gosh darn it I love it so much that I decided to heck with that team and added it to the team. Despite its Adamant nature it seems like it'll be useful so I'm happy with the addition. After beating all the Bug Trainers I got to Pewter City and beat Brock with 4 Vine Whips.

After getting my badge I went ahead and traded a random Weedle for a Vulpix, my third team member. Me being ignorant about trading in the 3rd Gen since I very rarely did it I forgot that the levels for obeying don't increase by every gym like in Gen4. Woops. As I headed to Mt Moon Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur. I got to Mt Moon, made it about halfway through, and took a break.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I battled against Lorelei of the Elite Four after arriving in her chamber, and I used my Rhydon against her Dewgong. I thought Rock Blast would be enough to beat Dewgong, but it wasn't. Rhydon almost fainted in that battle, so I used Pidgeot against Dewgong instead. Surprisingly, Pidgeot managed to finish Dewgong off and I used Raichu against Lorelei's Cloyster next. I beat it with Thunderbolt and also used it against Lorelei's Lapras. That battle ended fast and I used my Charizard against Lorelei's Jynx. I defeated Jynx with Flamethrower and all that was left was Slowbro. I used my Gyarados against it, but I eventually gave up and switched back to Raichu to finish things off. I saved before leaving.

I decided to return to Kanto as all my business on the Islands was finished. I headed to Viridian City to challenge the Gym. I beat all of the Trainers, saved and battled Giovanni. He was pretty easy to beat, Dragonair swept most of his Team using Surf. I received an Earthquake TM and my final badge. Afterwards, Giovanni left, and so did I. I healed, and then headed to Victory Road. On the way I had a battle with my Rival. he wasn't very challenging, aside from his Alakazam which nearly swept me with Psychic. I arrived at the Gates, and began showing all of my Badges to the Guards until I got to Victory Road, where I decided to save.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

I cleared out Mt Moon of all the Rockets and then arrived in Cerulean City. I immeadiately went to the gym, beat both trainers with Pikachu and then challenged Misty. Pikachu somehow LOST to freaking Staryu (I hate you Adamant nature!) but Ivysaur's Vine Whip proved more than powerful enough to take down both Staryu and Starmie. Now Vulpix will obey me!! For now...

Gary approached me as I headed north. Pikachu surprisingly defeated Pidgeotto and almost beat Charmander but Vulpix took it down with Quick Attack. Ivysaur beat Rattata and Vulpix defeated Abra. I fought my way along the bridge and then defeated a bunch of trainers until I reached Clefai...er........Bill. I got the SS Ticket and then beat the Dig Rocket Grunt. After going underneath Saffron City I found myself in Vermillion City.

I healed some of my injured Pokemon after battling Lorelei and then I headed into the next room. I came across the next Elite Four member: Bruno. I battled him and I used my Gyarados against his first Onix. I defeated it with Surf, then I used Pidgeot against Bruno's Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Those battles went surprisingly well thanks to Pidgeot's Fly and Aerial Ace attacks, then I used my Charizard against Bruno's Machamp and I won with Fly. I used Gyarados against the last Onix and I headed into Agatha's room after that. I used my Raichu against her first Haunter, then against her Golbat. I used my revived Rhydon against Agatha's Arbok, then Charizard and Gyarados against Gengar and her second Haunter.

I've been really busy since my last update. I beat the elite four and completed Celio's machine so I used Pokémon Box to transfer all of the Hoenn pokemon to LeafGreen. Then I went through the Kanto Pokédex and filled in whatever wholes i could. I have to trade some pokemon between FireRed and LeafGreen to make sure they both have all 150 from the Kanto dex, but together my Kanto dex is complete. I'll be starting Pokémon Pearl very soon.

I haven't posted an update to my blog yet. I'll do that some time after work.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Internet's been down for a week giving me ample time to play!

I cleared out the SS Anne and then I made my way to the gym. Vulpix's Dig and Ivysaur took care of everything while Pikachu did defeat another Pikachu with Mega Punch. I returned to Cerulean City and headed east towards Rock Tunnel. Once I made it through the cave and witnessed Ivysaur's evolution I got to Lavender Town. I didn't stay long and I went west to Celadon City while avoiding as many trainers as I could. I captured my fourth team member there, a Doduo, and also evolved Pikachu and Vulpix with their respective stones. Doduo and Ninetales took care of Erika's Grass gym no sweat. Before taking care of the Rockets I got some Tea and went to Saffron City. In the Fighting Dojo I had trouble mainly due to Doduo's poor defense but I eventually beat the Karate Master and got my fifth team member from him, Hitmonlee!

With 5 team members in tow I headed to the Game Corner and defeated all the Rockets and then headed to Lavender Town and cleared them out of the Pokemon Tower (Doduo evolved here as well). Usually at this point I go through the Cycling Road to get to Fuchsia City but I decided this time to head south of Lavender Town. After a seemingly infinite number of battles I finally arrived in Fuchsia. I went to the Safari Zone and played a few times to get all the items as well as capture some Pokemon for the Pokedex. Then I went to Koga's gym and had my fifth gym battle. Raichu defeated the first Koffing, Dodrio beat Muk, and then Ninetales took out both Koffing and Weezing with Flamethrower. I got the Soul Badge and surfed south on a random Goldeen. I got to the Seafoam Islands, explored a bit, and captured my sixth team member...Seel!

Edit: With my team complete I flew back to Celadon and took on the Cycling Road. It didn't take for Seel to evolve into Dewgong thus my final team is set. I beat all the bikers and then flew to Saffron City. I went to Silph Co and went through it in pretty much the same way I always do. Go to 5F, grab the Card Key, and then go to 11F and defeat every single trainer on every floor. Gary was here doing nothing important so I thrashed him for being useless. A random man gave me a Lapras for helping out I guess. Giovanni was harassing the president but my team put a stop to that. I got a Master Ball for my troubles and then went to the Saffron Gym.

Dodrio had a field day here. Tri Attack is insanely good. I beat all the trainers in the gym after an infuriatingly number of teleports and then I healed up and challenged Sabrina. Dodrio took out Kadabra, Mr Mime, and Alakazam with Tri Attack and Ninetales beat Venomoth with Flamethrower. I got my badge and took a break. Team is Lv42-44 for those curious.
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 14th July 2013 at 7:19 PM.

After I defeated Agatha and healed my Pokemon with healing items, I headed to the next chamber at the Pokemon League HQ. I encountered Lance there and I battled against him. I used my Raichu against his Gyarados because of the obvious type advantage, then I used Gyarados against Lance's first Dragonair. Gyarados's Dragon Rage wasn't enough though, so I swapped to Rhydon and I barely defeated the Dragonair. I switched to my Nidoking afterwards in order to battle Lance's Dragonite. I eventually swapped to Raichu and I defeated Dragonite with Thunder. I used my Charizard against Lance's second Dragonair, then I used Gyarados against Aerodactyl and I defeated it with Hydro Pump. I saved after that.

I flew back to Pallet Town and then surfed south on my way to Cinnabar Island. I let Raichu and Venusaur take out the trainers since they had the type advantage. Upon arriving at this tiny island I surfed east and beat those trainers and before I knew it I was back at the Seafoam Islands. I flew back to Cinnabar Island and revived my fossils and did a few trades. Then it was time for the gy...IT'S LOCKED?!? Guess I'll explore this random mansion next door. I honestly hate this place. Hate it. Always confuses me. After pulling a lot of secret switches (who wouldn't?) I finally found the Secret Key. I dug through the mansion and returned outside and then I went to the gym.

After purposefully missing every single quiz question so I could fight all the trainers I challenged Blaine. Dewgong took out his Growlithe with Surf and then Dodrio came out and defeated both Ponyta and Rapidash with Tri Attack. Dewgong came back out and blasted Arcanine with 2 Surfs and won me my 7th badge! Bill just oh so happened to be standing outside the gym and offered me the chance to go to One Island. I accepted, and together we got on a boat and rode off into the sunset.

I'm training for the Elite Four first round as Leaf. I'm still barely at level 50 and trying not to cheat.

My team is:
    Jolteon
    Ninetales
    Victreebel
    Nidoqueen
    Pidgeot
    Blastoise

Bill and I arrived on One Island and made our way to Celio. Bill had to help him but I got to explore and train my team all around the island. When I finished I headed to Two Island and then to Three Island. After putting some biker thugs in there place I learned that Lostelle was Lost in the Berry Forest. I fought my way to the forest and defeated the evil Hypno who had cornered her. After she was returned Bill and I returned to Kanto. I headed back to Viridian City and went to the gym.

There were a lot of trainers in here but that just meant that my team would be even stronger for the gym battle. I made my way to the gym leader, Giovanni, and we began the battle for the badge! Venusaur took out both Rhyhorn and Dugtrio with Razor Leaf. Dewgong beat Nidoking and Nidoqueen with Surf. Extremely anticlimactic. Giovanni handed over my final badge and fled. Whatever. I healed up and headed to Victor...freaking Gary. After I trounced him I passed through every check gate and then entered Victory Road. It seems like I'm always really concerned about how difficult Victory Road is going to be and then it always ends up being really easy. My team had real trouble against any of the trainers. I exited the cave and arrived at the Indigo Plateau.

As of my 'do every region before X and Y come out' thing, I'll be doing LeafGreen. I'm quite far, mind.

I started off in Pallet Town, and did the usual boring stuff to get my first Pokémon. My starter is... Squirtle! I nicknamed him Dr.Awesome. Gary (my rival) thought he could actually beat Dr.Awesome and me. How naďve. He lost, and had to pay me for being amazing. I trained Squirtle on Route 1 for a bit, until Level 8. He's very Quiet. But he learned Bubble, and that made things so much easier. I did the mini side mission, and I was able to get Poke Balls and a Pokedex before I officially set out.

I went through Viridian City, and was taught for the 1000th time how to catch a Pokémon. How an old man can catch a Pokémon without any of his own is beyond me. Viridian Forest was... interesting. I got poisoned, so I had to use all my potions keeping Dr.Awesome alive. Turns out an Antidote was a little bit above my character

After finally clearing the forest, I was able to arrive at Pewter City. Brock was easy. Took no damage, and Water Gun 0HKOed his Geodude and Onix. I beat all the trainers on Route... 3 (I think). There, Dr.Awesome evolved into a Wartortle. How cool. Got through Cerulean Cave, and by the end Wartortle was level 21. I taught it Mega Punch, and then went and caught my second team member... Sandshrew! I nicknamed him DesertRat. It was ridiculously weak. Awful. It has to wait 5 levels to learn a new move, and that move was Poison Sting. But anyway, Misty was easily dominated by Wartortle (Sandshrew being repetitively switched in for experience). 2HKOes on Staryu and Starmie. Cleared off Nugget Bridge, I was interested in joining Team Rocket but the guy didn't take the hint; instead he thought I didn't want to join! So I beat him. Painfully and threw his dead body off the bridge. I did the route, helped Bill out, and finally got the TM Dig! I beat the remaining trainers on the Route before the Cape, and DesertRat evolved into a Sandslash! I then saved.

LeafGreen team:
    DesertRat, level 22 (Scratch / Poison Sting / Rock Tomb / Dig) {Docile Nature}
    Dr.Awesome, level 24 (Mega Punch / Water Pulse / Water Gun / Bite) {Quiet Nature}

Sorry about the attachment; my computer's gone funny. Just ignore it for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 21st July 2013 at 3:09 PM.

There's nothing left to do now but challenge the Elite 4. Lets-a-go!!

I had Hitmonlee go out first against Dewgong and got lucky with a critical hit Hi Jump Kick and knocked it out, although I'm not sure if the critical hit really mattered. Venusaur went out against Slowbro and and hit it with Sleep Powder/Leech Seed and then just used Razor Leaf until it fainted. She went out to Jynx as her third Pokemon but Ninetales proved how strong it is with Flamethrower. Raichu was next against her Cloyster and thanks to Cloysters low Sp Def and I expected Raichu to beat it with Thunderbolt but I forgot about my Adamant nature....Raichu still won but it was annoying that it took a few extra turns. Lapras was really sturdy and it took a combined effort from Raichu and Hitmonlee to win the first Elite 4 battle.

Bruno, the second and probably Elite 4 member. Venusaur defeated both Onix with Razor Leaf. Dodrio defeated Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Machamp with Drill Peck. Too easy.

After beating Lance, I healed some of my Pokemon with Hyper Potions and I headed into the next room. I encountered my rival there and after listening to his quick rant, I challenged him. I used my Raichu against his Pidgeot and I won that battle easily with Thunderbolt. I then switched out to Gyarados when my rival sent out his Rhydon. I used Surf against it and I defeated Rhydon. Then I used my Charizard against Exeggutor. I defeated it with Flamethrower and I used my own Rhydon against Arcanine. I defeated it with Earthquake, then I used Raichu against Blastoise. All that remained was Alakazam which I defeated with Gyarados. I got registered in the Hall of Fame by Professor Oak after that and the credits rolled.

Dodrio started off against Agatha and used Drill Peck against her first Gengar until it fainted. Raichu's Thunderbolt defeated Golbat and Ninetales' Flamethrower knocked out Arbok. She went to her second Gengar so I switched back to Dodrio. I just spammed Drill Peck while Gengar continuously MISSED Hypnosis!! It was incredible. Her Haunter stood no chance against Dodrio's Drill Peck. I healed up and moved on.

Raichu took out Lance's Gyarados with a single Thunderbolt. Lance went to Aerodactyl next so I kept Raichu in and knocked it out with Thunderbolt. Dewgong came out against hi first Dragonair and proceeded to sweep Lance's last 3 Pokemon with Ice Beam. It was shocking how easy a battle it ended up being.

I headed into the Champions's room and found Gary. He started off with Pidgeot as usual and I used Raichu. Thanks to my freaking Adamant nature it took 2 Thunderbolts to knock out the bird. He smartly swapped out to Rhydon next and I switched to Venusaur. Razor Leaf defeated Rhydon so I switched to Alakazam. I sent out Dodrio and wanted to use Drill Peck. Alakazam went first and used Psychic which almost knocked out Dodrio and lowered it's Sp Def. Dodrio's Drill Peck wasn't enough to knock out Alakazam either. I knew if I healed another Psychic would knock me out so I stupidly went for another Drill Peck. Alakazam used Future Sight. Drill Peck knocked it out! Gary went to Gyarados and Thunderbolt beat it. Ninetales Flamethrower defeated his Exeggutor leaving only Charizard. Dewgong came out and used Surf. Luckily for me Dewgong has Thick Fat so Charizard's Fire attacks weren't doing much, unlike Surf. Since Gary kept healing I decided to go for overkill.....Sheer Cold! It's a OHKO!!

Professor Oak showed up and congratulated me on becoming the Pokemon League champion. He led me into the next room where my Pokemon were recorded or something. I watched the credits roll and took a break.

I trained on the SS. Anne, and my team grew to HUGE levels (Level 28 each). Surge was an 0HKO per Pokémon with Sandslash. Rock Tunnel was a piece of cake, and I caught my 3rd member, a level 16 Vulpix named 9tales. I should point out my team was level 34 by this point. I got Vulpix to level 29, taught it Flamethrower, and it evolved into Ninetales via a Fire Stone I bought. Erika was swept by Ninetales' Flamethrower (roughly a 2HKO per Pokémon). I then went and beat the Karate Master, who gave me a Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan and Ninetales levelled up considerably through the Team Rocket base in Celadon, and then Pokémon Tower. My rival was once again a pushover. I beat the Snorlax near *insert city name here* (I don't know- it's near the Safari Zone). In fact, the Safari Zone was my destination. I caught my final 2 members- Exeggcute and Dratini. I then saved.

Team:
    Dr. Awesome, level 37
    DesertRat, level 37
    9tales, level 37
    Mac, level 37
    Eggcelence, level 24
    Celeo, level 20

After I beat the Elite Four and the Champion and got registered in the Hall of Fame, I awoke in my room in Pallet Town. I went outside and I visited Professor Oak's lab. I met my rival there and Oak upgraded our Pokedexes into National Pokedexes. He told us to continue trying to fill them, and my rival left. I headed out too and I flew to Vermilion City. I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I went to the harbor and I took the Seagallop ferry to One Island. I spoke to Celio at the Pokemon Center and he told me that he was building a machine to link the Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon Centers together so that trading between them would be possible. I left to help him find the Ruby and I saved on Kindle Road.

I restarted back in my room and flew to Vermilion City so I could return to One Island. After speaking with Celio and learning about some mysterious stones I headed up the Kindle Road to get the first one. There were a few Rockets acting oddly so I defeated and went through the cave they were guarding and retrieved the Ruby. I returned to Celio who gave me the Rainbow Pass. Then I went back aboard the cruise ship and headed to Four Island.

What a small island. The only thing to do was team up with Lorelei and defeat some Rockets. Lame!

Five Island was much bigger. I went east and found a strange warehouse that I couldn't enter so I headed north instead. I found some sort of resort here and inside the Lost Cave I managed to find the girl who lived there but she turned out to be an ungrateful snob so I left Five Island in disgust.

When I got to Six Island I decided to go north and ended up on a really long path of trainers only to find a completely worthless cave at the end of it all. Lame. To the south were a bunch of hikers that kept mentioning some weird hole. Turns out it was just another cave, but at least I finally found the Sapphire!! But then it got stolen. I had to return to Five Island and go to that warehous where the last Team Rocket members were gathered. I defeated them all and got back my Sapphire which I took to Celio. Now I can trade with R/S/E...but I never will.

I traveled north on Kindle Road while re-battling some of the trainers there via the VS Seeker. I healed my Pokemon in the hot springs at Ember Spa, then I Surfed towards Mt. Ember. Once there I found the newly created hole in the mountain and I entered the cave. I encountered my first Johto Pokemon inside: Slugma. I caught it and I continued to move around the cave. I eventually found the room where the Ruby key item was hidden and I obtained it there. I headed out of Mt. Ember and I went to One Island. Once I had spoken to Celio again my Tri Pass was upgraded to a Rainbow Pass that would allow me to visit islands 4 through 7. I headed out to the port and I sailed to Four Island. I saved the game there.

I bought used LeafGreen and started it yesterday. Such a nostalgic experience. I had LG some years ago but I sold it. I started with male character and chose Squirtle- my favorite- and named him Broadside.

Broadside is Wartortle now and I'm in Cerulean. I have male Pidgeotto Hawkins, female Clefairy Titania, male Bellsprout Maw and Butterfree Freya which is also female. Those I will train to be part of my team. I probably later replace Hawkins with one of legendary birds though. I also add Flareon to that team when I receive Eevee. Now I have Pikachu "Reese" I'm gonna use against Misty and Geodude "Boulder" against Surge. Now I have to train for Misty.
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

I purchased FireRed a few weeks ago, but only recently got around to beginning my journey. After initially choosing Bulbasaur and trading it over to LeafGreen, I restarted and selected Charmander as my starter. I delivered Oak's Parcel, then returned to Viridian City and headed north for Viridian Forest. There, I caught a Caterpie for my team. Once I had made my way out of the forest (I recall getting lost in LeafGreen), I trained my Pokémon in preparation for the upcoming Gym battle. There wasn't any need for Charmander's Metal Claw in the end, as Butterfree managed to take out both of Brock's Pokémon after boosting its Defense with Harden. With the Boulder Badge and the Running Shoes (at last) in tow, I saved my progress.

Current Team:
    Red ♂ Lv. 13
    Lily ♀ Lv. 12

Once I completed the seventh island of the Sevii Islands I returned to the Indigo Plateau and challenged the Elite 4 once more! My team is at Lv58 at the beginning the challenge.

Lorelei once again started with Dewgong just like I once again started with Raichu. It two Thunderbolts to knock out the giant seel. She sent out Piloswine next so I swapped to Dewgong and won with Surf. Hitmonlee went out against Lapras and defeated it with Brick Break. Ninetales took out Jynx and Venusaur finished off the match against Cloyster with Razor Leaf.

Bruno changed his team slightly more than Lorelei. And by that I mean he just evolved his Onix into Steelix. Dewgong defeated both of them with Surf while Dodrio took out his Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Machamp with Drill Peck. Really glad the first two have been easy so far since I'm sure Agatha is going to give me trouble.

At Four Island I visited the local Day Care Center and I left a Pokemon there to gain experience while I did other things around the island. I visited the Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon there, then I visited Lorelei's house and the Poke Mart. I headed towards Icefall Cave afterwards since Team Rocket was causing a ruckus there. I entered the cave and I found the Waterfall HM after wandering around a bit. I taught that to my Lapras and then I headed deeper into the cave in order to pick up items and to catch Pokemon. After sliding around the icy floors in one of the caves and catching a Swinub, I headed to the very end of Icefall Cave and I battled against Team Rocket with Lorelei. I saved back on Four Island.

On Route 3, I added a Mankey to my team. I trained it during my battles in Mt. Moon and chose the Helix Fossil when the opportunity presented itself. Once I reached Cerulean City, I decided to travel north for a battle against my rival, some more training and another team member. After my newly-captured Oddish evolved, I challenged Misty at her Gym. Butterfree dealt with Staryu, while Gloom easily defeated Starmie.

Current Team:
    Red ♂ Lv. 18
    Lily ♀ Lv. 19
    Bruno ♂ Lv. 18
    Violet ♀ Lv. 21

Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast