Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Default First Part of Five Region Challenge COMPLETED!

The Five Region Challenge...

Part 1: Kanto

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/ca/Spr_FRLG_Red.png

I Have Done It! I have successfully beaten the updated E4 and completed the first stage of the Five Region Challenge. Later today I will start Stage 2
    and will have to get a move on, considering I have to beat sixteen gym leaders, 2 E4s and Red, but that's for later. Here enclosed are the last touches of my first stage of my Five Region Challenge:

Kanto - Days 3-5

+ I zipped to the Sevii Islands and did all the quests there.
    + I trained everyone to Lv60 whilst I was there.
    + Beat Geovanni: Poseidon took out both Rhyhorns with Surf, before Theseus took out Nidoking with Thrash, Hades destroyed Nidoqueen with Flamethrower and Dugtrio fell to Apollo's Drill Peck. Earth Badge Get!
    + I beat my rival in Route 22 with Thor taking out Pidgeot and Blastoise with Thunderbolt, Poseidon defeating Growlithe and Rhyhorn with Surf, Apollo taking out Exeggute with Drill Peck and Alakazam falling to Theseus and Thrash.
    + I zipped through Victory Road, teaching Thor Double-Edge at the end.
    + I trained everyone to Lv65 before taking on the E4.

+ E4: Lorelei: Dewgong fell to Thor and Thunderbolt, as did Cloyster. For some reason I switched to Apollo to take out Lapras, which wasn't a good move as Ice Beam decimated him, but Thor mopped up with Thunderbolt. Slowbro was slowly taken out by Thor before Jynx was OHKOed by Hades's Flamethrower. 1 Down!

+ E4: Bruno: Poseidon breezed through, taking out both Onixs with Surf, before Apollo took out Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee with Drill Peck before 2HKOing Machamp with Fly. 2 Down!

+ E4: Agatha: Poseidon easily cut through the first Gengar with Surf, before Arbok fell to Theseus and EQ. Thor took care of Golbat with Thunderbolt. The second Gengar was nearly OHKOed by Hades's Shadow Ball, but not quite and Hades finished him off with a second Shadow Ball, before Apollo's Fly took out Haunter. 3 Down!

+ E4: Lance: Thor eased past Gyarados with Thunderbolt, before the two Dragonairs fell to Theseus's Thrash. Aerodactyl couldn't handle Poseidon Surf, before Dragonite succumbed to an Ice Beam from Poseidon. E4 BEATEN!

+ E4: The Champion: Pidgeot couldn't get past Thor and Thunderbolt, before Poseidon took out Rhydon. Blastoise was annoying but finally fell to Thor Thunderbolt. Arcanine was OHKOed by Poseidon and Surf, before Hades used Explosion to nip Alakazam in the bud. Finally, Apollo took care of Exeggutor with Fly! I WAS THE CHAMPION!

+ After the E4, I collected about ten more Pokemon to get a grand total of 60, so I could unlock the Post-game content.
    + I got the upgraded Pokedex and collected the Ruby for Celio, who in turn gave me a Rainbow Pass for the rest of the Sevii Islands.
    + I collected HM07 - Waterfall, as well as some new Pokemon in Icefall Cave and taught it to Poseidon.
    + I helped Lorelei take out the Rockets on Icefall Cave.
    + On Five Island, I did a bit of exploring before eventually returning home to train everyone to Lv70.
    + I did the Six Island quest and had the Sapphire stolen off me, before training everyone to Lv72.
    + I completed Seven Island and all the trainers there to get everyone to Lv74.
    + Broke into Rocket's Hideout and collected TM36 - Sludge Bomb which I taught to Hades (Why on earth is it found so late in the game?)
    + Destroyed everyone in the Rocket Hideout and retrieved the Sapphire which I gave to Celio.
    + Everyone was trained to Lv75, except Hades who was trained to Lv77. I was ready for the upgraded E4!

+ E4 Round 2: Lorelei: Dewgong, Cloyster and Lapras all fell pretty easily to Thor's Thunderbolt, before Piloswine was defeated at the hands of Poseidon's Surf, before Jynx was OHKOed by Hades's Flamethrower. 1 Down!

+ E4 Round 2: Bruno: Both Steelixs were defeated by Poseidon's Surf, before Apollo mopped up everyone else with Fly and Drill Peck with little difficulty. 2 Down!

+ E4 Round 2 Agatha: Agatha was the one I was dreading thanks to that horrible Gengar, but it went better than expected. I was pretty lucky the first Gengar's Hypnosis missed twice before Poseidon 2HKOed him with Surf. Misdreavus eventually fell to Athena and Rock Slide, but only after Psychic nearly took out Athena. Arbok was 2HKOed by Theseus's Rock Slide, before Thor took out Crobat with Thunderbolt. Finally Hades v Gengar. Hades's Shadow Ball only just failed to kill it. Then Gengar got a critical hit Psychic to kill Hades! Luckily, I sacrificed Athena to revive Hades and the second Shadow Ball finished it off! Phew! 3 Down!

+ E4 Round 2: Lance: Thor kicked things off by OHKOing Gyarados with Thunderbolt, before Poseidon ripped through Lance's team. Aerodactyl fell to Surf, though Ancientpower nearly caused Poseidon to faint and then both Dragonites were OHKOed by Ice Beam, before Kingdra was wiped out by Hades's Explosion! E4 BEATEN!

+ E4 Round 2: The Champion: Apollo took out Heracross with Fly, before Blastoise started to take out my Pokemon, firstly Thor with EQ, as Blastoise was weakened with Thunderbolt. However, Luckily Theseus came in with Thrash, which just didn't kill him! Luckily, though Blastoise was healed, I scored a crit Thrash which when hit a second time finally took him out! Alakazam was next and, no messing, Hades used Explosion to secure a third Pokemon down. I was dreading Tyranitar, but Poseidon easily took it out with two Surfs as Thunderbolt didn't do much. I switch to Apollo for Exeggutor, but though Fly nearly defeated him, a combination of Sleep Powder, Psychic and Sandstorm nearly defeated Apollo who had 2 HP left when Drill Peck defeated Exeggutor! I switched to Theseus for Arcanine and I thought 2 EQs would be enough but just as I was about to secure the winning blow, Arcanine used Extremespeed, which, combined with Sandstorm and an earlier Overheat defeated Theseus! Luckily, my MVP - Poseidon was able to secure a victory with Surf. GET IN!

And so, I have completed the first region in my five region challenge. It wasn't too difficult and it was very enjoyable to complete it with Pokemon I had barely used before. The MVP was Poseidon, my Dewgong, which never struggled all the way through and was instrumental in my overall victory. A close second would be Hades the Weezing who was brilliant, so much so that I trained him more than the others by the end.

My final team:

Apollo - Fearow Lv75
    Timid Male
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Return

Thor - Raichu Lv75
    Lonely Male
    Thunderbolt
    Double-Edge
    Brick Break
    Thunder Wave

Athena - Nidoqueen Lv75
    Gentle Female
    Body Slam
    Rock Slide
    Superpower
    Iron Tail

Theseus - Tauros Lv75
    Impish Male
    Thrash
    Rock Tomb
    Earthquake
    Strength

Poseidon - Dewgong Lv76
    Modest Female
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Waterfall
    Signal Beam

Hades - Weezing Lv77
    Hardy Female
    Sludge Bomb
    Flamethrower
    Explosion
    Shadow Ball

Well, that's it. I'll start the second region later today! Can't wait!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

After I beat the Champion at the Indigo Plateau, I awoke in my room and I headed out to Vermilion City. After swapping my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, I headed to the port and I took one of the Seagallop ferries to One Island. I visited Kindle Road to the east and I battled against some of the trainers there using the VS Seeker item. I headed into Ember Spa in order to heal my Pokemon, then I flew to Three Island. I wanted to visit the Berry Forest in order to pick up some berries from the ground, I walked through the Bond Bridge area using a Max Repel to avoid wild Pokemon. I picked berries as planned when I arrived, then I went to Three Isle Port and I took the Seagallop ferry to Four Island next.

I'm still training my post-story team . The members of it will be Blastoise , parasect, victreebel , blissey, raichu and dragonite! Hopefully I can get them all to around level 80! My Blastoise is waaaaaay overleveled!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

[IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

I deposited some Pokemon at the Day Care Center on Four Island. I headed out to Five Island afterwards in order to battle against the trainers at the Resort Gorgeous place to the north of the main island. They always gave a lot of cash after battling, so I went there and with an Amulet Coin attached to my Charizard, I re-battled the trainers. I headed into Lost Cave afterwards to find a Haunter and after catching one I headed back to Five Island. I took the Seagallop ferry to Seven Island after swapping Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, and then I headed in Sevault Canyon and I wandered around there in search of a wild Larvitar. I found and caught two, and I decided to train one of them to evolve it into Tyranitar.

First off, congrats to Shiny Espeon0429 for completing their FR/LG runthrough. Now, onto mine.

Well, I'm now training a bit after beating Erika. But anyway, I finished Mt Moon, and arrived a Cerulean City. I beat my rival, rather easily, and caught a Bellsprout once I nailed the Nugget Bridge. I named him Deathbell (Elder Scrolls players should know what I mean). Relaxed Nature isn't too shabby either. I trained him against the annoying Geodude and Onix people and found Bill. I then trolled Misty with Bellsprout and Pikachu. Bellsprout then evolved into Weepinbell. I arrived at Vermillion, trained a bit, and cleared the SS Anne. I then beat Surge with Charmeleon and Weepinbell.

I cleared Rock Tunnel (I taught Pikachu Brick Break to do... something), and Lavender Town was my sad destination. The fishermen were a decent place to train, as were the trainers dotted about on my way to Celadon. Charmeleon trolled the gym, and I bought 2 Evolutionary Stones and evolved Pikachu and Weepinbell into Raichu and Victreebel. I also taught Raichu Hyper Beam, because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeE4DobFFLE

Anyway, I then got some Tea, and managed to get to Saffron City. I challenged the Fighting Dojo, and my efforts were rewarded once I kicked the *** of the Dojo Master. My reward? KickLee, the Hasty Hitmonlee! I trained Charmeleon against the trainers with the Ninetales and Rapidash (go west from Celadon, and use Cut as if you're going to get HM Fly. The couple are there, and give about 1000 Exp per battle). Charmeleon evolved into Charizard, and Hitmonlee grew to level 30. Victreebel and Raichu also hit level 36. Result! I then saved.

SnivyTR's badass LG team:
    Helios the Charizard Lv36
    Hasty Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Mega Punch
    - Metal Claw
    - Fly

Buzzkill the Raichu Lv36
    Mild Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shock Wave
    - Hyper Beam
    - Brick Break

Deathbell the Victreebel Lv36
    Relaxed Nature
    - Acid
    - Vine Whip
    - Bullet Seed
    - Sleep Powder

KickLee the Hitmonlee Lv30
    Hasty Nature
    - High Jump Kick
    - Rock Slide
    - Brick Break
    - Jump Kick
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 21st September 2013 at 9:52 PM.

I switched to LeafGreen this morning in order to work on my Pokedex more. I went to Six Island in order to find a Natu at Ruin Valley so I could evolve it into a Xatu, and after catching one I searched for a wild Yanma in the same area. I went to the Pattern Bush area north of Ruin Valley after wards and I searched for a wild Heracross there. It took a long time to finally encounter one, but I caught one successfully and then I headed over to Five Island. I trained Natu with an Exp. Share and I evolved it after battling against wild Pokemon at Five Isle Meadow. I headed to Four Island in order to visit Icefall Cave after that. I entered the cave and I began to search for a wild Swinub inside there. I saved after getting one.

I beat the 7th gym leader. I went to three island and then to berry forest . When I returned I trained my team to level 45. My team is Charizard, pidgeot, Raichu, nidoqueen, dragonair, and lapras.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

After catching a Swinub I trained it with an Exp. Share attached (my preferred training method) and I evolved it into Piloswine after training against some trainers via the VS Seeker. I headed out to One Island afterwards and I went through Kindle Road and all the way to Mt. Ember. I wanted to catch a Slugma in order to evolve it into Magcargo. I wandered inside the cave and I eventually spotted one and caught it. I did some training on Kindle Road with the VS Seeker again, then I went to Three Island and I visited the Bond Bridge area to finish off the training by battling some trainers there. I deposited the Magcargo, and I withdrew a Wooper and a Marill that I had stored in the PC. I then saved on Seven Island.

Started a fresh save today.
    -Chose Bulbasaur! (Named it Saur for original nicknames :P)
    -Delivered Oak's Parcel, obtained pokeballs.
    -First pokemon I saw, pidgey, caught! (named fli)
    -Went and grinded until both level 12, took on rival and won.
    -Went and caught a Pikachu in Virdian Forest, (named Electro) and dumped out Pidgey.
    -Beat Brock!
    Done for a while, will play after homework and update this post.

Pokemon X Round 2

Finally put down FR to pick up LG again. Started from scratch about 30 minutes ago, just taking a break

Check out MonsterTrainer.com, a new browser-based monster training MMO that takes place in real (virtual) cities around the world and functions in real-time (so weather, disasters, events and construction occur in real-time!).

Fund this project on Indiegogo!

My copy of Pokemon X hasn't turned up in the post this weekend, so i'm whiling away the time until it does arrive by completing my current FireRed playthrough. So far I have collected 7 Gym Badges and completed the sidequests on the Sevii Islands. I am now in Viridian City where I need to tackle the final Gym before moving on to the Indigo Plateau. My team could use a bit of training prior to challenging the Gym, so I might return to the Sevii Islands in order to level them up a little bit more.

Current Team:
    Blastoise - Lv 46
    Pidgeot - Lv 44
    Butterfree - Lv 44
    Nidoking - Lv 44
    Vileplume - Lv 39
    Machoke - Lv 38

In reserve:
    Magneton - Lv 35

I caught a Larvitar at Seven Island's Sevault Canyon and I went around the various Sevii Islands in order to train it. I managed to evolve it into Pupitar after re-battling several trainers on Six Island, then I visited the Day Care Center at Four Island and I left Pupitar there. I withdrew some other Pokemon and I trained them as well. I took the Seagallop ferry back to Kanto afterwards and I headed north to Cerulean City since I had to visit Cerulean Cave. I caught a wild Wobbuffet inside and I stored it for later; my plan was to hatch a Wynaut egg but I couldn't leave Wobbuffet at the Day Care just yet. I visited the Safari Zone in the meantime and I caught some Pokemon in there including a Chansey. I then saved.

I decided to continue on my Fire Red after a while. I finished my business in Vermillion City (S.S. Anne, Lt. Surge, etc.). After that, I went through Rock Tunnel and beat my rival in Lavender town. From there, I headed to Celadon and finally got 2 members for my team (Arcanine and Jolteon) to accompany my Blastoise. Right now, I'm at the Rocket HQ.

I restarted my spare LeafGreen version for fun since the old save file was redundant anyway since I had traded all the good Pokemon to FireRed. I named my character and then I headed downstairs in my house in Pallet Town. After speaking to my mother, I wandered around a bit outside and I headed north towards Route 1, only to be stopped by Professor Oak who told me that I couldn't enter tall grass without a Pokemon. We went to his lab and I met my rival there (who I named Gary). Professor Oak allowed us to choose our Starter Pokemon and I chose Squirtle while my rival chose Bulbasaur. We battled against each other to test our Starters and I beat Gary easily. I headed out after speaking with Oak again.

Decided to restart Fire Red from scratch as I haven't played generation one in so long and I found my Fire Red and other Pokémon Gameboy games accidently while having a full clear-out of my house, currently in Viridian Forest at the moment. So far I have in my team (Fire Red):

Name: Charmander
    Level: 9
    Nature: Hasty
    Attacks:
    ~ Scratch
    ~ Growl
    ~ Ember

Name: Pikachu
    Level: 3
    Nature: Quirky
    Attacks:
    ~ Thundershock
    ~ Growl

I was going to catch Caterpie (for Butterfree) but then I realised that when Charmander evolves he will be a Flying type as well so there wouldn't be no point.

I have no idea how my team will play out just yet as I say I haven't played in forever, will probably transfer my main Pokémon to one of my fourth generation games after completing them. Currently trying to train Charmander to at least level 13 and Pikachu to level 9 before I take on Brock :3

UPDATE: Defeated Brock with only a slight difficulty with his Onix, I used Metal Claw on it, did just under half (and was a critical hit), so I switched out Charmander for Pikachu and kept using Tail Whip until Pikachu fainted (Onix got paralysed with Static after knocking Pikachu out though), then I switched back to Charmander, then used Metal Claw one more time and KO'd Onix (Brock didn't even use a Potion which was strange). After the battle I got the BoulderBadge and the TM for Rock Tomb, also Charmander evolved.

Got the running shoes, then battled the trainers on Route 3 (only using Pikachu as he needed to catch up to Charmeleon's level). After defeating all the trainers I spent a while in the grass capturing every Pokémon I saw (later in the game you need 40 Pokémon to get the Amulet Coin, and aftergame you need a specific amount too to get the National Dex, but I can't remember how many). It wouldn't of took me an hour to capture them all if it weren't for Nidoran F taking at least half an hour to show up >.>''

Saved outside Mt Moon with the team:

Name: Charmeleon
    Level: 18
    Nature: Hasty
    Attacks:
    ~ Scratch
    ~ Growl
    ~ Ember
    ~ Metal Claw

Name: Pikachu
    Level: 17
    Nature: Quirky
    Attacks:
    ~ Thundershock
    ~ Quick Attack
    ~ Tail Whip
    ~ Thunder Wave

Haven't decided on any other teammates just yet, though I considered my Nidoran F, just because it took so long to show up for me not to use it, trouble is it winds up being a Poison/Ground type, I may already have chosen another Poison type that I really like (it's one of my most favourite Pokémon too), as for the Ground typing...I have no idea if i'll need/want one yet...but i'll see how it all plays out :3
    Last edited by CuteSylveon; 18th November 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 4485-0505-7418 (pm/vm me if you add me so i can add you back) ^^
    Friend Safari: Water with Panpour, Poliwhirl and Wartortle

I wandered north from Pallet Town into Route 1 since I had to visit Viridian City next. I battled some wild Rattata and Pidgey in the tall grass as I moved northward and that gave me a chance to level up my Squirtle some more. I finally arrived in Viridian City after battling wild Pokemon for 10 minutes, and I visited the Pokemon Center first. I healed Squirtle inside and I headed out to explore some of the city afterwards, but I couldn't go to Route 2 yet since an old man was blocking the way. I headed to the Poke Mart next instead and I obtained Oak's Parcel from the person there. I headed back south to Pallet Town and I visited Professor Oak's lab upon returning. I handed over the Parcel to him and I obtained the Pokedex.

I restarted my Pokemon Leaf Green version yesterday for something to do. I chose Charmander as my starter and did all the beginning of the game stuff. I then caught a Pidgey. I trained my Charmander and new Pidgey up to level 13 before challenging the first gym. I beat Brock's Pokes easily with Charmander's metal claw. I went through Mt. Moon to get to Cerulean City, went up to Bill's to get the S.S. Ticket and I trained my Pidgey and Charmander up to level 24. Charmander evolved into Charmeleon and Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto.

After getting the Pokedex and some Poke Balls from Professor Oak at his lab in Pallet Town, I headed over to my rival's house and got the Town Map key item from Daisy. With all the minor stuff taken care of, I left to Route 1 again and I battled some wild Pokemon and caught a Pidgey, which I tried to train alongside my Squirtle. I arrived in Viridian City once again and I healed my two Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I wandered north and I spoke to an old man and he taught me how to catch Pokemon. I obtained the Teachy TV item from him afterwards and I headed north to Route 2 after that was done. I explored the tall grass and caught a wild Rattata, then I arrived at the gatehouse that led to the Viridian Forest.

I have beat the elite 4 and the champion. I caught a shiny moltres with my masterball. Then I went to pokemon tower to find a cubone. Im training cubone until its around level 45 or so so it will know false swipe.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

I entered the Viridian Forest and picked up an Antidote past the Trainer Tips sign by the entrance. I wandered around the tall grass a bit and caught a wild Caterpie and Weedle there, then after battling some more wild Pokemon to level up my team, I encountered the first Bug Catcher as I moved north and after beating his Bug-type Pokemon, I explored the tall grass around the forest some more. I headed back to Viridian City to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center after catching a Kakuna, then I returned to the Viridian Forest and battled against two more Bug Catchers. I picked up a Poke Ball by a grassy path as I wandered around, then I caught a wild Pikachu and found the forest's exit and saved the game.

In the last week I have managed to defeat the Elite 4 and Champion on my FireRed file, and I have subsequently cleared the Sevii Islands sidequests and catch a number of Johto-native Pokemon after receiving the National Dex upgrade from Professor Oak. My next plan is to capture Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave and begin the completion of the Kanto Pokedex while hoping to run into Raikou at some point.

Team:

Blastoise - Lv 56
    Pidgeot - Lv 55
    Butterfree - Lv 54
    Nidoking - Lv 53
    Machamp - Lv 53
    Magneton - Lv 53

I arrived at the northern gatehouse when I exited the Viridian Forest, and I headed out to Route 2. I wandered past some tall grass and I arrived in Pewter City shortly after that. I headed straight to the local Pokemon Center upon arrival and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed out to explore some houses around the city and after shopping at the local Poke Mart and stocking up on Poke Balls and Potions there, I went north to the Pewter Museum of Science. I paid the fee and was allowed to wander around the exhibit. After looking at fossils and Moon Stones, I headed back out to the Viridian Forest in order to do some more training before battling against Brock. I trained my Pokemon for about 30 minutes there.

Covering two days of updates from elsewhere.

-- --

I wanted to play through a Pokemon game, and although Yellow was on my list, the first generation mechanics weren't making me happy. So I picked up FireRed again, starting a new game. I named myself Astinus as usual (though I nearly had "Astinur" which made me laugh for a few minutes). Charmander was picked to be my starting Pokemon, as I always go with Charmander in FireRed because Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon. Went through the basic starting motions of the game, including getting the Pokedex. Once free to do my own thing, I headed to Viridian Forest, where I searched around for a male Pikachu to add to my team.

-- --

Well, I had a productive day of trying to find a Clefairy.

After catching Andy, I spent some time training both my Pokemon up to level 9 so they could handle the battle against my rival on Route 22. It was a very easy victory with Andy on my side. His Thundershock handled both Pidgey and Squirtle, and with the battle won, it was time to head through Viridian Forest. It was Ender's turn to shine, and he burned every little bug catcher we ran across with Ember. By the time we reached Pewter City, he had learned Metal Claw, and I thought he was ready to face down Brock.

One restart later...

We headed back into Viridian Forest for some more training, and Ender evolved in Charmeleon. Now he was ready for Brock, and with the help of Andy's Growl, was able to withstand Onix's Rock Throw. We left Pewter City with Boulder Badge in hand, our sights set on Route 3 and the new possible teammate we'd meet.

Angel the male Nidoran joined the team. The fight between him and Andy was brutal, where Andy was poisoned and in the red while Angel was paralyzed and in the yellow before the purple bunny dinosaur thing was captured. To help him catch up to his teammates, Viridian Forest was our training ground again. Stronger than before, we headed into Mt. Moon.

Zubat everywhere. But my three Pokemon made short work of the trainers inside. Before beating the final Rocket and grabbing the Dome Fossil, we searched for a Clefairy. Never realized how low a 6% rate of encounter was until nearly a half-hour passed. But finally a female Clefairy appeared, and Andy was sent out again to help capture her.

One battle where Andy was put to sleep, double-slapped, encored, and suffering from Cute Charm later, we caught Valentine the Clefairy. I was terribly amused that she's Quirky nature, which I think fits her rather well.

Exiting Mt. Moon, we were all blinded by the sunlight on Route 4 and dashed to the safety of the Pokemon Center. There, we decided to rest for the day, wondering if Misty or the trainers on the Nugget Bridge were going to be our next targets.

And whether I want to add a Grass or a Water Pokemon to the team.

Team:
    Ender the Charmeleon - level 20
    Andy the Pikachu - level 14
    Angel the Nidorino - level 18
    Valentine the Quirky Clefairy - level 10

After training for about 30 minutes inside of the Viridian Forest to level up my team, I headed back out of the forest to Pewter City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and then I visited the Pewter City Gym and I entered it. I battled against the only Gym trainer there: a Camper who used Geodude and Sandshrew. After I defeated him, I walked up to Brock's place and I challenged him. I used Squirtle against his Geodude and I attacked it with Water Gun which was immediately successful. After beating Brock's Geodude, I switched to Pikachu when Brock used Onix to buy some time, then I switched back to Squirtle and attacked with Water Gun twice. Onix fainted, and I obtained the Boulder Badge.

I played LeafGreen a little today after not playing it for an extremely long time. I had saved at Seven Island last time I played, and now I went down through Sevault Canyon, battling some wild Pokemon along the way. I found out that I for some reason hadn't activated the Tanoby Key yet. Went down to the Ruins and entered one of the buildings to see what it was like with no Pokemon there. It was very quiet and empty. I went back up and solved the puzzle which activated the life in the ruins. Went back to one of the buildings and met an Unown, which I captured. Then I flew back to Seven Island and took the boat to Vermilion City. I will probably not play any more in the nearest future but I might go back to playing this game at some later point this year. I'm not completely sure about it though, will see how the future turns out first.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast