Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

After winning the Boulder Badge and Rock Tomb TM from Gym Leader Brock inside of the Pewter City Gym, I headed out and I visited the local Pokemon Center. I healed my Pokemon there, then I stepped out to visit the Poke Mart where I purchased some items. I then headed over to the entrance of Route 3 since Mt. Moon was my next destination, but I was stopped and given the Running Shoes by one of Professor Oak's assistants before leaving town. I arrived at Route 3 and I started battling against various trainers in the area. I trained my Squirtle until it evolved into Wartortle, then I also worked on leveling up my other Pokemon. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass, then I arrived near Mt. Moon.

Misty and her Starmie make me angry.

I thought that we would be all set for Misty, but I completely underestimated her Starmie. It decimated the team, so we decided to regroup and train. We made our way through Routes 24 and 25, beating trainers along the way and gaining experience. Of course, we had to stop by the Sea Cottage so Andy could say hello to Bill and cause all sorts of shenanigans. Those two...

With a ticket to the SS Anne in hand, we headed out of Cerulean to Routes 5 and 6. No time to search for wild Pokemon. We got trainers to beat! The team started gaining more levels, and things started looking better. To continue our hopeful streak, we went to the docked SS Anne, exploring the ship and fighting all the bored trainers.

HM01 was our reward, after beating the rival and his Pokemon. (Val took a Kinesis from Kadabra and wasn't fazed. She's awesome.) Cut is going to be taught to Ch'Ding, the current HM slave. Before we could use Cut, we had to defeat Misty. Andy steeled himself for the battle.

He did his best, but Misty's Starmie still overpowered him. A much-stronger Angel came to Andy's rescue and we won the Cascade Badge. Now the team's tired, and we're going to take a break for the day before continuing on our adventure.

Team:
    Andy the Pikachu - level 25
    Ender the Charmeleon - level 22
    Valentine the Clefairy - level 18
    Angel the Nidorino - level 25
    Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd - level 12

I arrived at the base of Mt. Moon after battling trainers along Route 3. I walked into the Pokemon Center near the cave's entrance and I healed my Pokemon there. I also purchased a Magikarp from a salesman inside of the Pokemon Center, and after swapping Pokemon on the PC, I headed outside to Mt. Moon. Once inside I caught a wild Zubat and I encountered more wild Pokemon as well as some trainers as I started to move deeper into the cavern. After collecting some items and catching a Geodude, I found some stairs that led to another floor of the cave where I wandered around until I found a Team Rocket grunt. I beat his Sandshrew, Zubat, and Rattata with Wartortle and Pidgeotto and I continued forward.

I had a lot of time to play yesterday, so I got quite a bit done.

Heading on to Route 11, I continued to train my Pokemon to face off against Lt. Surge. Angel was going to be my main Pokemon for that gym. He learned Dig from a TM and practiced it against plenty of Electric Pokemon. Once all the trainers on the route were defeated with ease, we set our sights on Surge to get our third badge.

That gym was so easy. Angel was faster than Raichu and took that mouse down with a Dig attack and a quick Horn Attack to finish it up. The Thunder Badge was in hand. With it, we headed back to Cerulean City to get to the Rock Tunnel.

Along the way, I evolved Angel into the BEST POKEMON EVER because Nidoking.

With all the Rock types in the area, Val got a lot of training. Ender got a little too to take care of any Fighting types, since he learned Aerial Ace. We stumbled around in the dark Rock Tunnel for a while because I wasn't about to go back to Route 2 and get Flash when I have a perfectly good map to follow.

Stumbling out into the sunlight, we took care of the last few trainers before entering Lavender Town to rest up.

Team:
    Valentine the Clefairy - level 29
    Andy the Pikachu - level 27
    Angel the Nidoking - level 30
    Ender the Charmeleon - level 27
    Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd - level 12

I continued to wander around Mt. Moon and I encountered another Team Rocket grunt in another part of the cave and I beat him as well. I battled a few more trainers on the next floor of Mt. Moon and I also caught a wild Paras and Clefairy. I battled a few more Team Rocket grunts and then I arrived at a place with two fossils. I battled against a Super Nerd trainer over them and I chose to keep the Helix Fossil after winning that battle. I walked a bit further and I finally exited the cave and arrived at Route 4. I continued east towards Cerulean City and I finally arrived there. I visited the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, then I bought items at the Poke Mart. I went back to Route 4 to train afterwards.

Updating now before I get a lot of playtime in tomorrow and Sunday.

From Lavender Town, we headed west to Celadon City. Shopping spree! Only not really because I'm saving up money to exchange it for coins at the Game Corner. Why is Ice Beam so expensive and rare to get. So to get money, we tore through the Rocket Hideout, where Ender and Val did most of the damage in preparation for the gym.

Maybe a little too much preparation. Ender was over-leveled for the gym, and Erika handed over the Rainbow Badge after a swift defeat.

With the Silph Scope in hand, we headed back to Lavender Town to fully explore the Pokemon Tower. Now it was Andy's time to fight in order to catch up in levels with the rest of his team. Before he started fighting Gastly everywhere, he made the decision to evolve into a Raichu. This helped him get through the Tower's possessed guardians with ease, while his sister Val helped to handle the wandering spirit of the Marowak.

With Mr. Fuji saved and Poké Flute in hand, Fuchsia City is our next goal. Right after Ch'Ding helps us to capture a lot of Pokemon.

Team:
    Valentine the Clefable - level 35
    Andy the Raichu - level 32
    Angel the Nidoking - level 33
    Ender the Charizard - level 36
    Good ol' Ch'Ding who hasn't changed at all

I trained my team at Route 4 for a while since their levels were low. After doing that and catching a wild Mankey and Spearow in the area, I returned to Cerulean City and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I then went over to the Cerulean City Gym and I started to battle against the Gym trainers there. After I defeated a male Swimmer and a Picnicker, I challenged Gym Leader Misty to a battle. I sent out my Pikachu against Misty's Staryu and I defeated it with Thunder Shock, then I used Clefairy against Misty's Starmie. I had Clefairy use Sing against Starmie, then I switched back to Pikachu and I attacked it with Thunder Shock attacks while it was asleep. I then won the Cascade Badge and Water Pulse TM.

I had a lot of playtime to catch up on things, though my in-game timer shows a longer playtime because I kept the game running while eating supper.

Ch'Ding did indeed help me catch quite a few Pokemon. I doubled the amount captured in my Pokedex as I ran through places that I had already gone through. With several new Pokemon chilling in my PC boxes, the team headed to Cycling Road. For a while, I trained Val up into a Poison-type killing machine against the same few trainers, and then we moved on for some more experience. And money!

It was only a brief stop in Fuchsia City to rest and stock up on Ultra Balls before we flew back to Lavender Town and headed south along Route 12, Silent Bridge, and that maze of fence. The rest of the team got to enjoy some battles, gaining experience and earning enough money to get enough coins for a beautiful Shadow Ball TM. Val loves her new move, using it to take down the random Psychic trainers in Koga's gym. She pretty much single-handedly took on that entire gym herself, but Angel was also used. He had a little bit of trouble against Koga's Muk until Andy reminded him to use Surf to get past Muk's Acid Armor. The fifth badge was now ours!

To Saffron City we go! Unable to do anything else thanks to all the Rockets, our first goal was the Silph Company dungeon. Those warp tiles would drive me insane, so we're following a guide to get through the building using the least amount of warp tiles. And gaining more experience. And money! Because we need one more TM and then the team is pretty much perfect.

Once Ender learns Slash. Boy needs to catch up with the others!

Team:
    Angel the Nidoking - level 44
    Ender the Charizard - level 41
    Valentine the Clefable - level 48
    Andy the Raichu - level 42
    Do I even have to list Ch'Ding at this point?

I left the Cerulean Gym after beating Gym Leader Misty and earning the Cascade Badge. I quickly healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I also purchased some items at the Poke Mart with the prize money I had earned from battling. I headed north towards Route 24/Nugget Bridge, but my rival showed up before I left Cerulean City. I battled against him and defeated his Pidgeotto with Pikachu's ThunderShock, then I used my Wartortle's Bite to beat his Abra and Pikachu to beat his Rattata. I then switched to my own Pidgeotto to beat my rival's Bulbasaur with Gust. Once that was done, I healed my team again then I went north to Route 24 and I started battling against the various trainers on the bridge.

"Silph Co. saved by random trainer. Declares Clefable 'Awesome.'"

After saving Silph Co from Team Rocket, my stronger team of Pokemon were ready to take on Sabrina's Gym. Ender also took on the Fighting Dojo, and we chose Hitmonlee for our prize. Safely tucking Hitmonlee into the PC, we continued on our badge quest to Sabrina's Gym, where Val pretty much dominated the entire place. The sixth badge was an easy victory.

Because we're lazy, instead of traveling through the Seafoam Islands to get to Cinnabar, we just headed south from Pallet Town. Andy got in some good training for the first time in a while. All those Water types ready for the Thunderbolting. On Cinnabar Island, we dropped of the Dome Fossil to get it revived (and I keep forgetting to pick it up again). The Pokemon Mansion was waiting for us, but at this point on Thursday night, it was actually 2:30 Friday morning, so we decided to head to sleep and take on the Pokemon Mansion on Friday.

Or Saturday. We got through the maze of the mansion, taking on Burglars and Scientists in preparation for Blaine's Gym. Even before we picked up the secret key, Angel was ready for the challenge. He and Val worked together to get through Blaine's Gym, testing ourselves on really simple Pokemon knowledge. The fight against Blaine was a little difficult. His Arcanine got in a few good hits on Angel, but we managed to pull through. As soon as I stepped out of the Gym to heal my battered team, Bill appeared and asked if I wanted to spend time with him. Not now, Bill. Not now.

Ch'Ding helped by flying us back to Viridian City to get our final badge!

Every Pokemon on the team (except Ch'Ding for obvious reasons) fought in the last Gym. But again it was the team of Angel and Val to take on Giovanni. Rhyhorn falls easily to Surf, of course. And now we have all eight badges. Victory Road is the final goal, where I'll do some training in preparations for the Elite Four and the battle for Championship!

Team:
    Angel the Nidoking - level 51
    Andy the Raichu - level 47
    Valentine the Clefable - level 52
    Ender the Charizard - level 46

I kept battling trainers on Nugget Bridge/Route 24 and I finally reached the end and obtained a Nugget from the guy there, but he turned out to be a Team Rocket grunt who wanted to recruit me. I battled him and beat his Ekans and Zubat. I continued towards the tall grass by the side of the bridge and after battling a trainer there, I caught a wild Bellsprout and Abra in the tall grass. I then went over to Route 25 and I moved along the hedges and I battled more trainers. I kept walking until I arrived at the Sea Cottage. I helped Bill with something inside, then I obtained the S.S. Ticket that would allow me to board the S.S. Anne in Vermilion City. I headed back south through Route 25 and I saved in Cerulean City.

Started a new game FR game today. I chose Charmander, got through Viridian Forest and caught a Pikachu while i was there. Then i went on to Pewter city Gym. Found Brock to be surprisingly easy considering I chose Charmander. All i did was Spam Growl, tail whip, and i got lucky with static.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I headed into a house in Cerulean City that had been robbed and once I exited the house via a hole in the wall, I met a Team Rocket grunt. I defeated his Machop and Drowzee and obtained the Dig TM from him, then I wandered south towards Route 5. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass as I headed south towards Saffron City, then I visited the Pokemon Day Care and left Bellsprout there to train. I headed towards Saffron City's gatehouse, but the guard wouldn't let me through. I went into the Underground Path since that would take me under the city and to Route 6. Upon arrival in Route 6, I caught a wild Meowth and then I battled against a few Picnickers and Campers before arriving in Vermilion City.

My brother and I picked a new game on our Fire Red/Leafgreen respectively. We've played for about 2 days - here's our progress so far.

My brother (Fire Red)
    Badges - 3
    Team
    Venasaur (32)
    Pidgeotto (31)
    Mr. Mime (30)
    Current Location - Lavender Town

Me (Leaf Green)
    3 Badges
    Team
    Wartortle (29)
    Clefable (29)
    Primeape (28)
    Current Location - [strike]getting tortured in[/strike] Rock Tunnel...(help me)

I arrived in Vermilion City and I visited the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon inside. I also received a Vs. Seeker from a girl by the counter and then I headed back outside. I wandered next door and obtained an Old Rod from the local Fishing Guru there, then I went out to the Poke Mart and I purchased some items. I visited the Pokemon Fan Club after that and I spoke to the Chairman and received the Bike Voucher from him. With everything settled in Vermilion City, I went south to the port and I spoke to a man there and he checked my ticket. I was then allowed to board the S.S. Anne and I wandered into some of the rooms and I battled a couple of trainers, then I visited the deck of the ship and saved.

I went to the Cerulean City gym and it took me like 7 or 8 tries to defeat Misty because of her annoying a Starmie. I had to spam double team and even then it took forever until i got luck. Then i continued to Vermillion City and now I am currently at the S.S. Anne
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I battled against two Sailors on the deck of the S.S. Anne and then I went back into the main part of the ship and I wandered into more cabins. I collected some items including the Brick Break TM and I also visited the kitchens afterwards. I found some berries in the trash cans there, then I battled some more Sailors in their cabins after walking down some stairs. I battled every trainer in that part of the S.S. Anne, then I headed over to the captain's room, but my rival appeared and battled me before I arrived. I used Pikachu's Thunder Shock to beat his Pidgeotto, then my Wartortle to defeat his Raticate. I defeated his Kadabra with Bite afterwards, then I used my own Pidgeotto to beat my rival's Ivysaur and then I saved.

I picked Bulbasaur as my starter and I'm going through each route to catch all available Pokemon. Currently in my party are Bulbasaur, Metapod, Kakuna, Rattata, and Pidgey. Right now I'm leveling my team on Route 2 North of Viridian City. I'm trying to get them all to about level 10 before I go challenge my Rival (Gary) for a 2nd time. I forgot to add... I named my character Olivia after my newborn daughter so I can imagine her going on her own journey when she grows up.
    Last edited by Penguinist Trainer; 8th February 2014 at 3:15 AM.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

On board the S.S. Anne, I headed over to the captain's room after beating my rival. I spoke to him and he was seasick, so I rubbed his back and he got better eventually. I then received the Cut HM from him and I headed out of the S.S. Anne after beating all the trainers and collecting various items. The ship set sail when I got off, then I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I headed over to the Vermilion City Gym afterwards and taught Cut to my Meowth and used that to cut the tree in front of the Gym. I entered the Vermilion City Gym afterwards and I started battling against the Gym trainers inside and I defeated their Electric Pokemon. I also had to solve the Gym's puzzle which was difficult.

"Nidoking leads new Champion to victory"

Victory Road was the pits. Trying to get through there was horrible, and the entire team was tired by the time we reached the end. But it wasn't the end of us looking at Victory Road. It was going to be the location of the training we had to do in preparation for the Elite Four.

Each member of the team got two hours of training. Grinding for everyone!

But the grinding worked, and we did rather well against the Elite Four. It wasn't a complete sweep, but we were victorious. Lorelei fell easily to Andy's Thunderbolt, Bruno was taken out by the combination of Ender's Aerial Ace and Angel's Surf, Val took on Agatha single-handedly with Psychic and Shadow Ball, and Andy and Val took down Lance. Val enjoyed raising her stats with Calm Mind.

Then it was the fight with the rival.

Pidgeot took two hits from Val's Ice Beam, managing to hit her with one Sand-Attack. The lost of accuracy hurt in the battle against Alakazam, and Val was hurt more than I wanted her to be after taking a few Psychics and a Future Sight. Then Blastoise appeared on the field. Andy was released to take down that beast. And was knocked out. Angel went out to weaken it and took a Hydro Pump to allow Andy to eat a Max Revive. Weakened, Blastoise couldn't stand up to Andy's next Thunderbolt. Val went out against Rhydon, sacrificing herself so Angel could be revived. With renewed spirits, Angel easily knocked out Rhydon and Arcanine.

And now, we're the Champions of the Kanto League.

That's the end of the FireRed adventure for now. I might return some day in the far future to play through the Sevii Islands and everything else that I didn't explore. But until then, that's the end. Andy, Angel, and Ender already have adventures going in the Kalos region, and Val's taking a nice deserved break.

Because she's just that awesome.

Except Oak ruined the moment by laughing in my face.

Team:
    Valentine the Clefable - level 66
    Ender the Charizard - level 65
    Andy the Raichu - level 64
    Angel the Nidoking - level 63

I continued to try and solve the tedious Vermilion City Gym puzzle. I searched the trash cans and eventually found the two switches that unlocked the two electrical fences and I arrived at Gym Leader Lt. Surge's location and battled him there. I used my newly-evolved Weepinbell against Lt. Surge's Pikachu and beat it with a couple of Vine Whip attacks. I then switched over to my Meowth to battle Lt. Surge's Voltorb. That match didn't go so well so I switched to Weepinbell again and beat Voltorb with Vine Whip. I then faced off against Lt. Surge's Raichu and used my Geodude against it. I attacked Raichu with Magnitude and that was enough to beat it. I then won the Thunder Badge and Shock Wave TM from Lt. Surge.

Boy do I have a lot to talk about...

Rock tunnel was a challenge - I've never done well in that cave. My Pokemon were dead tired by the time I had finally gotten out of the godforsaken place. I have cleverly dodged the trainers on the Routes leading to Celadon City, wanting to save them for my newest teammates and friends - Trido the Doduo and Riyu the Dratini. Trido was captured in a hidden patch of grass on the outskirts of Celadon while I won Riyu as a price in the Rocket Game Corner. I trained them to battle Celadon City Gym Leader Erika, defeating her with the speed and strength of Trido and Riyu's cunning and stamina.

I then battled Team Rocket, after finding out that the same Game Corner that I won Riyu in was the crime syndicate's base. I ended up battling the Team Rocket Boss, Giovanni, and defeated him! Even though I defeated their leader, I have a feeling that I'm going to battle him again...

In Lavender Town, I finally got around to going up the Pokemon Tower. It was there where I found my Rival, Geki, and defeated him. It was a tough battle; his team was really strong. The farther up the tower I went, the creepier it became. I fought against numerous possessed channelers and other wild Ghost-Type Pokemon that called the tower their home. Ghost-types are really cool, though I cannot imagine training one myself, my hands are already full with the five I had!!

On the second highest floor of the Tower, I fought against a very weird ghost. It wasn't like the Ghastlys and Haunters that I fought previously - it was an actual spirit! I needed to use Kame to defeat it, as it's bite attack and water gun attacks worked well on it. Turns out the ghost was the Marowak that Team Rocket killed. Speaking of the devils, Team Rocket had overtaken the tower's top floor. Kame soundly defeated them and evolved into Blastoise as a result of his victories!! I ended up saving Mr. Fuji, who gave me a PokeFlute.

I used the PokeFlute to wake up the Snorlax on Silent Bridge. I also got a Super Rod from the Fishing Guru's younger brother.

I backtracked to Cerulean City for a bit, just to relax. I needed a bit of time off and I still had more than enough time to get badges for the Pokemon League. I did a lot of fishing which was nice, though I accidentally captured a Poliwhirl. I mean, it's not that I didn't want it, but Kame was already my water-type. Poliwhirl didn't seem happy with me anyway - I tried battling with him and all he wanted to do was to lounge around and get pampered. We just didn't mix together. That's when I met Dontae - a retired Pokemon Trainer with a Jynx, named Zynx who is always eager to battle. He wanted to trade Zynx to a young trainer on their Journey in exchange for a Poliwhirl. I traded Poliwhirl to Dontae for Zynx, who became the 6th member of my team!!

My brother also obtained his fourth badge. Right now he is looking for a Krabby in the Vermillion City Bay.

Teams

Me
    Kame (Blastoise)
    King (Clefable)
    Baba (Primeape)
    Trido (Doduo)
    Riyu (Dratini)
    Zynx (Jynx)
    Badges - 4
    Current Location - Celadon city

My brother
    Venasaur
    Pidgeot
    Arcanine
    Mr. Mime
    Badges - 4
    Current Location - Vermillion City

After receiving the Thunder Badge and Shock Wave TM from Lt. Surge at the Vermilion City Gym, I headed back outside and I cut down the tree that was blocking the way and I visited the local Pokemon Center. I healed my team there and then I swapped Pokemon on the PC before heading outside once more. I visited the Poke Mart, then I went east towards Diglett's Cave and Route 11. I battled against the trainers in that area and once they were all defeated, I went back towards Diglett's Cave and I moved throughout the cave and caught a wild Diglett before setting out once more. I left Vermilion City and wandered north towards Saffron City. I entered the Underground Path and arrived at Route 5 and saved.

I started for the first time playing leaf green nuzlocke challenge so if anyone can give some advice for beginners.
    I'm new here, I use the translator so if you do not understand something and ask me.

I visited the Pokemon Day Care at Route 5 to take back my Bellsprout from there, then I arrived in Cerulean City. I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon inside. I also purchased items at the Poke Mart and then I headed east. There was a tree in the way that I cut down with Meowth's Cut, then I moved around the mountainous terrain and met and battled many trainers around there. I walked along some more and I eventually reached a river and I headed south to the Pokemon Center at the base of Rock Tunnel. I entered the Pokemon Center and healed my team there. I then headed back outside and I wandered around Rock Tunnel next. I captured a wild Machop and saved the game.

Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast