Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Headed the Captain's room before I was interrupted by Blue. I battled him and it was really easy, because my team is a bit over leveled since I only have two Pok`emon. After that I went inside the room, talked to the captain, received the HM for cut. Taught to my HM slave Rattata. Got through the Vermillion Gym, the puzzle wasn't too challenging. So I went up Lt Surge and battled him. I defeated him and received the gym badge and then i saved outside of the gym.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I continued to wander around Rocket Tunnel and I battled and caught some more wild Pokemon including an Onix and Mankey. I headed down to the next floor of the cave and battled some trainers as well and I collected items around the cavern. I eventually found the exit and I arrived north of Lavender Town, which was my destination. I headed south and battled a few trainers in the area, then I arrived in Lavender Town itself. I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center and I also went out to the Poke Mart to purchase some much-needed items there. I headed out to some houses and spoke to Mr. Fuji's assistants. I headed to the Pokemon Tower next but I wasn't able to climb it fully because of the various ghosts.

LeafGreen: Went back to this game today as I have some things to take care of. First of all, I need to complete the National Pokedex. When I started today, I had 107 Pokemon caught in the Kanto Dex and 146 in the National Dex. So I have about 230 Pokemon left to get, which is quite much by 3rd gen standards. But it still feels very small to only have 3 regions to complete as opposed to 5 or 6 which I am used to. Anyway, I had to start on it. I have decided to start with obtaining what I can in the Kanto Dex which is the one that I have caught the most in already but I still have a bit left to go.

I started with checking what I had left to get, will probably do all normal captures in numerical order as far as it is possible, but for now I'll have to exclude trade evolutions, FireRed exclusives and the starter and fossil that I don't have. I started with going to Mt. Moon where I caught multiple Paras since I wanted some mushrooms of various sizes that might be useful in the future. I also met and captured a Clefairy which is what I was after in first place. I continued from Mt. Moon to Cerulean Cave where I first met a Golbat that was faster than my Venusaur which prevented me from running, it then used Mean Look which forced me to defeat it. After that, I met a Parasect which is what I went here for in first place. I caught it and exited the cave.

Then I went to Five Island. I met a Pidgeotto in the Meadow which I caught, then evolved it into Pidgeot. Continued by going to Route 25 in order to catch an Abra. For some reason, there is a lot of Pokemon that I have registered in the Dex but I am unable to find in my PC boxes, I guess I must have traded them away or something last time I played the game. Anyway, I found and caught an Abra which I evolved into Kadabra. I continued by going to Seven Island and further down to Sevault Canyon where I caught a Geodude which I evolved into Graveler. After that, I evolved my Doduo into Dodrio and my Koffing into Weezing. That was enough for today, but I will continue tomorrow.

FireRed: Went back to this game today as well. Unlike on LG, I have already completed the Pokedex here long ago. But I have one thing left to do here which I have already done in LG (though I am not completely done with it there), and that is to make a post-game team. I have had this team planned since 2007 but I have never gotten around to actually getting it since I have always been playing other (mostly newer) games that have been more fun. But now I am going to do it. I have a feeling this is going to be really painful and it might take a long time due to the circumstances but I am going to make it anyway. I started with checking through the team that I had planned, editing some things and changing some old decisions. Then I went through all of my PC Boxes to find Pokemon that I need for breeding. I also went to Cinnabar Island and caught a Female Koffing as I didn't have one, but needed one for a part in the future breeding. However, I didn't have all of the Pokemon I needed on this game and there were some that I am unable to get, so I need to do some connection with another game rather soon in order to get the ones I don't have.

After planning and organizing, I started by obtaining the first team member. I had originally planned to use a Jynx on the team, but since I don't like Jynx that much and I have used one on 5th gen quite recently, I decided to go with Alakazam instead. I went to the Game Corner and bought 1000 coins. Then I went to the Exchange corner and saved before buying five Abra, soft-resetting every time not a single one of them had the Ability/Nature combo I was after. My chances of getting the one I wanted was 1 in 50. But I managed to get it rather quick, definitely under 50 Abra in total. I got the one I was after which was Timid and had Synchronize, and I so had the first member of the team. And, for better or worse, the easiest one to get as well... Will continue soon but I am going to connect the game to Box first and look through the 5000+ Pokemon I have stored there to find some ones I might have use for regarding the breeding I have to do.

I left the Pokemon Tower since I couldn't climb it with all the ghost roaming around that I couldn't yet identify. I had to get the Silph Scope item first in order to see the ghosts' true form so I wandered west to Route 8. I battled wild Pokemon in the tall grass after using Cut to cut down a tree, then I battled trainers in the area as well. I headed further west until I arrived at the Saffron City gatehouse, but I didn't go inside since I knew that I couldn't pass through there yet. Instead I entered the Underground Path and went under the city and arrived at Route 8 next. I battled more wild Pokemon, then I arrived in Celadon City. After healing my Pokemon, I visited the Celadon Mansion and I picked up the Tea key item there.

On LG, I continued working on the Pokedex a little today. I evolved my Horsea into Seadra and my Rhyhorn into Rhydon. Next in line to obtain is Kabutops, so I started training my Kabuto and got it to level 24 which I suppose is a good start. Will continue tomorrow. Didn't play FR today but I will tomorrow, going to connect it to Box then and start to look for the parents I need for the breeding. I have also changed my plans a little regarding the breeding, I have decided to breed two of the team members in Emerald instead of FR as it would simply be too annoying to breed them in FR. But they will be the last two that I get so that will probably not happen for a while.

I left the Celadon Mansion after obtaining the Tea and I visited the local Department Store next in order to do some shopping there. I purchased a Leaf Stone and various other items, then I used the Leaf Stone on my Weepinbell and evolved it into Victreebel. I headed over to the local restaurant to pick up the Coin Case, then I headed north to the Game Corner in order to play the slot machines. I exited the building afterwards and I headed back to the Celadon Mansion in order to obtain an Eevee there. After climbing to the roof and getting one from a man there, I went east to Route 7 to train the Eevee and several of my other Pokemon that were under-leveled. I spent around 30 minutes grinding there and then saved.

LeafGreen: Continued with training my Kabuto. I eventually got it to level 40 and it evolved into Kabutops. Next up, I need to evolve my Dratini all the way into Dragonite... which will be one of the hardest ones to train, but I'm still going to do it. I started training it and it evolved into Dragonair at level 30. I continued training it after that and got it to level 45 so I have 10 levels left to go. I don't think I will have much time to play tomorrow but I hope to have it fully evolved on Thursday at least.

FireRed: I connected the game to Box today and searched around in the boxes for things I needed. I found what I wanted which was a Hitmonchan, a Male Misdreavus at level 45 and a Female Duskull. Not as much as I had thought due to the changes in my breeding plans. I transferred these over to the game. I also got an Egg from Brigette which I brought to the game. I saw that I had an Omanyte and Omastar stored on Box which is good as I wasn't sure if I had these at all on third generation, but now that I know that I do, I won't need to worry about not being able to add them to my Dex in LG. Anyway, after I was done with Box here, I went to Four Island and put the Misdreavus and Duskull in the Day-Care. I got four Eggs and hatched them, two of the Duskull were Male and all of them know Pain Split as an Egg move. The Egg I got from Brigette also hatched into a Swablu. I took one of the Male Duskull and started to train it, got it to level 30 so far which I guess is acceptable. I won't have much time to play tomorrow but I hope to get it to where I want it to be on Thursday, then I can continue with the breeding. Or rather, start with it.

I leveled up my Pokemon, then I returned to Celadon City since I still had to win the Rainbow Badge at the local Gym. I headed over there after swapping Pokemon at the Celadon City Pokemon Center. I cut down the tree that was blocking the path to the Gym and then I entered it. I started challenging the Gym trainers within the Celadon City Gym and I eventually beat them all. I headed out to heal my Pokemon, then I returned to challenge Gym Leader Erika. She sent out her Victreebel first and I used my Pidgeotto against it. Wing Attack defeated it, then I defeated Erika's Tangela with Wing Attack as well. All that remained was her Vileplume which Pidgeotto defeated too. I received the Rainbow Badge and saved.

LeafGreen: Yesterday, I continued training my Dragonair, and I managed to get it all the way to level 55 so it evolved into Dragonite. After that, I only had a few more Kanto Pokemon to get that I am able to get without trading or connecting to Box. I evolved my Jigglypuff and Clefairy into Wigglytuff and Clefable. I also evolved two Eevee into Jolteon and Flareon. I have also been keeping a Togepi holding a Soothe Bell in my party until now, and it had finally reached a high enough level of Happiness which allowed it to evolve into Togetic. I replaced it with a Golbat which I am going to evolve into Crobat at some later point.

Today, I started with going to the Safari Zone where I caught a Nidorina and Nidorino. I evolved these two into Nidoking and Nidoqueen. And with that, I was done with everything I could do on the Kanto Dex for now. I know that I could try and catch Chansey and Tauros in the Safari Zone, but I don't feel like it as it is far to frustrating to even try it. My Kanto Dex is currently at 125 caught and it will have to stay like that until tomorrow. The ones I am missing apart from Chansey and Tauros are the two starters and the one fossil I don't have, most trade evolutions as well as most FireRed exclusives. Next up, I had to do what I can do on the Johto Dex. I started with going to Four Island where I caught a Marill in the water and a Sneasel inside of Icefall Cave. Continued to Five Island and went to the Meadow where I caught a Sentret. Went down to the Memorial Pillar and fished there using my Super Rod, met a Remoraid and caught it.

Went to Six Island and to the Pattern Bush, caught a Ledyba and a Spinarak here. Continued to Seven Island where I caught a Larvitar in the Sevault Canyon and a Mantine at the water in Tanoby Ruins. Both of them took a while to find, and in the meantime, I evolved my Sentret into Furret, Ledyba into Ledian, Spinarak into Ariados, Natu into Xatu, Marill into Azumarill and Hoppip into Skiploom, then Jumpluff. After catching everything I could, I continued by evolving my Slugma into Magcargo, Swinub into Piloswine, Remoraid into Octillery and Larvitar into Pupitar. Since I somehow already had Tyranitar registered in the Dex, I don't need to evolve it fully. Now I only have one more Pokemon from Johto left to get that I can get, and I will get it tomorrow. After that, I will connect the game to Box and send over a lot of Pokemon I am otherwise unable to get. I had originally planned to do this after getting the relatively few Hoenn Pokemon I can get but I decided to do it tomorrow as it will be perfect then.

FireRed: Continued training my Duskull, got it to level 38, it learned Will-O-Wisp and evolved into Dusclops. Then, the breeding could start. I put the Dusclops in the Day-Care with my female Gengar. The chance of getting a Gastly with the nature I wanted was 1 in 25, so I started collecting eggs. On the 6th egg, I hatched what I wanted which was a Timid Gastly, it knew Will-O-Wisp as an egg move as well thanks to the parent Dusclops. Getting it this fast was great as it was far below the odds, I guess I am still allowed to be lucky sometimes. With this, I had the second member of my team, only two left to hatch here on this game. Will continue by starting with breeding the next one tomorrow.

After getting the Rainbow Badge and Giga Drain TM from Gym Leader Erika, I headed out of the Celadon City Gym and I headed back to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. Since I still had some stuff to do in town, I headed over to the Game Corner and I interacted with a poster on the wall and I unlocked the entrance to the Rocket Hideout. I wandered around and I battled against some Team Rocket grunts. I defeated a few on the first floor and then I walked on some movement tiles and I collected some items including a Moon Stone. I battled some more Team Rocket grunts on the next floor of the hideout and I soon obtained the Lift Key from the Team Rocket grunt in the northwestern room of the hideout.

LeafGreen: Evolved my Phanpy into Donphan and Seedot into Nuzleaf, then I bought a Leaf Stone and evolved it into Shiftry. After that, I connected the game to Box. I transferred over a lot of Pokemon from there, several FireRed exclusives, the two starters and the fossil I didn't have as well as several Johto and Hoenn Pokemon. However, I didn't find everything I needed on Box alone, so I will have to trade with my other 3rd gen games in the future in order to get everything. But the Box transfer was great anyway, it alone was enough to bump the number of Pokemon I had registered in my Pokedex from 184 to 273 which is very much. But it is still far from done. In order to complete it, I need to do a lot of breeding, evolving and trading. And I am going to start with the breeding so I have that done, can't say I like breeding in this game but I have no other choice right now. I started slightly today by breeding everything I needed from Kanto which was a total of 4 Pokemon: Charmander, Ekans, Growlithe and Oddish. I now have 142 Pokemon obtained in the Kanto Dex, only 8 left to go. Will continue breeding tomorrow, by doing hopefully everything I have to breed from Johto.

FireRed: Went to Four Island and the Day-Care once again. I put my Ditto there together with a Hitmonchan and collected Tyrogue eggs. On the 5th egg, I got what I wanted which was an Adamant Tyrogue. It also knew Mach Punch as an egg move thanks to the parent Hitmonchan knowing that move. I am very happy that I got this one so quickly, far under the odds just like yesterday. This means I now have half of the team, and I will continue by staring to breed the fourth member of the team tomorrow, which will also be the last one I breed on this game.

After obtaining the Lift Key item, I made my way over to the elevator and I soon arrived at Giovanni's location within the Rocket Hideout. I challenged him to a battle there and I used Wartortle to defeat his Onix with Water Pulse. I then switched to my Victreebel and defeated Giovanni's Rhyhorn with that. I then switched to my Pidgeotto and defeated Giovanni's Kangaskhan. Giovanni left the Rocket Hideout afterwards and I picked up the Silph Scope that he left behind. I headed out of the hideout after doing that and I healed my Pokemon at the Celadon City Pokemon Center. I headed east and arrived at the gatehouse that led into Saffron City. I gave the guard there the Tea and I was finally allowed inside the city.

LeafGreen: Went to Four Island and did more breeding, I hatched the following Pokemon: Totodile, Hoothoot, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Mareep, Wooper, Pineco, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Tyrogue, Magby, Elekid and Smoochum. Those were what I had to breed from Johto, even though I have two more to breed from there tomorrow. Next up, I am going to breed those as well as everything I have to breed from Hoenn. But before I could start, I had to do some small things. First of all, my Golbat had reached a high enough level of Happiness to allow it to evolve into Crobat, so I leveled it up and it evolved. This was the last Pokemon I had to evolve through Friendship, so I will now get one extra spot in my party while doing any future training. I continued by going to Five Island and to the Lost Cave. I entered it and tried to navigate through it, but it was hard. In the end, I found what I was looking for: a Lax Incense and a Sea Incense. I also found a Silk Scarf and a Rare Candy as two random bonuses.

Then I did a trade between this game and FireRed. This was the first trade between 3rd gen games I had done in a long while and I'm happy it still worked, all I had to do was to change batteries in my GBA to get it to work properly again. Anyway, this trade added the following Pokemon to my Pokedex: Scyther, Minun, Milotic, Aipom, Blissey, Typhlosion and Meganium. I know that I could just have evolved a Chansey into Blissey to get it, but I am too lazy to do that. I had to trade for the rest anyway so I figured I might do just that. And I needed the Typhlosion and Meganium, will have to breed them to get their pre-evos as well. Will continue tomorrow with more breeding and more trading as well.

FireRed: More breeding here as well. I went to the Day-Care, put my Koffing and Dusclops in there. As usual, the chance of getting the nature I wanted was 1 in 25. I was lucky once again and got a Relaxed Koffing on the 4th egg that I hatched, it was the nature I wanted and I so had my fourth team member. It knew Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split thanks to the Dusclops. Getting it means I am now completely done with all breeding on this game, it is extremely unlikely that I will ever do any breeding here again. And this was also the very last Pokemon I breed for any somewhat serious purposes in any game released before Emerald, being unable to control the natures of the eggs and also being unable to reduce the egg steps with Flame Body/Magma Armor is just too annoying. So I am going to breed the two final team members on Emerald instead of here, which means I will take a break from this game until I am done on Emerald. Will try to start with the remaining breeding tomorrow but I'm afraid I might have to do some trading first depending on what I have on Emerald and not.

I wandered around Saffron City a bit, then I went east towards Lavender Town now that I had the Silph Scope and could finally identify the ghosts inside the Pokemon Tower. I headed over there after purchasing some items at the Poke Mart. I started climbing the floors of the tower and I encountered some Channelers there as well. I battled their Ghost-type Pokemon and I caught a wild Gastly as I climbed. I arrived at a purification zone and healed my Pokemon, then I kept battling trainers and wild Pokemon until I arrived at some stairs and I encountered the ghost of Cubone's mother: Marowak. I defeated her and then I arrived at another room where I had to battle some Team Rocket grunts to rescue Mr. Fuji.

On LeafGreen, I started with doing some trades with Ruby which added some more Pokemon to the Dex. Then I did more breeding, which gave me the following Pokemon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Surskit, Azurill, Gulpin, Spoink, Trapinch, Barboach, Lileep and Wynaut. This were the last ones I had to breed in order to get, and I am quite sure I am completely done with breeding in this game now unless I have to breed something more for the Pokedex, but I doubt that will happen. Next up, I am going to evolve everything that I need to for Pokedex purposes, and I will start with the few ones I have left for Kanto. I started slightly with evolving my Charmander into Charmeleon, will continue tomorrow.

I defeated all the Team Rocket grunts at the top floor of the Pokemon Tower, then I spoke to Mr. Fuji there. We returned to his house in Lavender Town and I received the Poke Flute from him as thanks for coming to his rescue. I healed my Pokemon once more at the Pokemon Center and then I went south to Route 12. I wandered around the bridge area and battled some trainers there. After fishing a bit with my Old Rod, I passed through a gatehouse and I arrived at a section of the bridge that was blocked by a sleeping Snorlax. I awoke the sleeping Snorlax with the Poke Flute and battled and caught it. I headed west towards Route 11. I soon arrived at Vermilion City and I wandered back north to Saffron City.

Continued a little on LeafGreen today. I evolved my Squirtle into Wartortle, then into Blastoise. I could and should have done more, but for various reasons, I didn't. Will try to compensate for it by doing more tomorrow instead. I also only have 4 more Pokemon to get in the Kanto Dex now, will try and get all of them tomorrow even if there is a quite large chance that I won't be able to make it.

I wandered to Celadon City and after shopping at the Department Store, I headed west to Route 16. I spotted another sleeping Snorlax there and I used the Poke Flute to awaken it. I battled the Snorlax and I defeated it, then I proceeded into the gatehouse that led into Cycling Road. I battled some Bikers nearby upon arrival and then I headed south, downhill through Route 17. I battled more Bikers and I eventually arrived at the southern gatehouse and I entered Route 18. I battled some trainers and wild Pokemon in the tall grass and then I arrived in Fuchsia City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and healed my team there, then I headed over to some houses and then to the Safari Zone lobby. I saved there.

Continued my exploration of the Pokemon Tower. Not much happened except several Gastly and Channelers. After I got rid of the Marowak and finished up the tower I was sent to Mr. Fuji's house. Received the Pokeflute and woke up the Snorlax. I went through Route 12. I got the super rod from the fishing guru and soon after caught a Poliwag. I leveled it up and evolved it into a Poliwhirl. I then traded it to Dontae of Cerulean City. It was only at leverl 25 so I leveled it up so it would be on Par with the rest of my team.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Inside the Safari Zone lobby, I paid a fee and I was given 30 Safari Balls from the attendant and I was allowed to roam around the area for a limited amount of time. I caught a wild Rhyhorn, Venonat, and Exeggcute while I moved around the first couple of areas; I also encountered a Kangaskhan, but it fled before I could capture it. I caught a Doduo in another part of the Safari Zone then I encountered a wild Tauros but it fled as well after I threw some bait at it. I headed deeper into the Safari Zone, but my time limit ran out so I had to return to the lobby. I headed back into the Safari Zone after paying another fee and I caught some more wild Pokemon and soon I found the Gold Teeth that I was supposed to find.

Continued on the Pokedex. Evolved my Oddish into Gloom, Shellder into Cloyster and Psyduck into Golduck. After evolving these, I only had one Pokemon left to obtain in the Kanto Dex, which was Tauros. I hadn't found one on any of my other 3rd gen handheld games, and while I could just trade over one from XD, I decided to try and catch one in the Safari Zone instead. So I went there, and I managed to catch the third Tauros that I met which made it go much faster than I knew. I also found a Max Potion in the Safari Zone that I hadn't picked up before. Either way, I completed my Kanto Dex by catching the Tauros, and for that, I got a Trainer Card Upgrade. I also went to Pallet Town and talked to Professor Oak who congratulated me. I am not done with the National Dex yet though, I have 320 Pokemon caught in it so I have around 60 left to get. Will start by getting the remaining ones from Johto that I can get without trading, and that won't be many, only four in total unless I have missed something.

After retrieving the Safari Zone warden's Gold Teeth, I headed further into the Safari Zone and I eventually found a building where I got the Surf HM that I was also looking for. My time ran out once I was back outside and I returned to lobby. I headed over to the warden's house afterwards and I gave him his teeth back and received the Strength HM from him. I tested it out inside by pushing a boulder, then I went out to Route 18 to do some training. After leveling up my Pokemon, I headed over to the Fuchsia City Gym to challenge the Gym Leader. I battled my way around the maze of invisible walls and I beat his Gym trainers with some difficulty. I healed my Pokemon once more before returning to the Gym and saving.

Yesterday I continued on the Pokedex by evolving the few Pokemon I could evolve from Johto. It wasn't many, just a total of four, Chikorita into Bayleef, Cyndaquil into Quilava, Totodile into Croconaw and Mareep into Flaaffy. I have some Pokemon remaining from Johto but I will have to trade to get all of them at a later point. Next up is Hoenn, which is the region I have the most left from as I am done with Kanto and mostly done with Johto. Today, I started on Hoenn by evolving my Treecko all the way into Sceptile and Torchic all the way into Blaziken. Will continue tomorrow.

I headed back into the Fuchsia City Gym and I walked through the maze of invisible walls to reach Gym Leader Koga's spot and I challenged him to a battle there. I used my Graveler against Koga's first Koffing and I beat it with Rock Tomb, then I used my Pidgeot against his Weezing and I attacked it repeatedly with Wing Attack until it fainted. Pidgeot got poisoned from Toxic though, so I switched back to Graveler to battle Koga's Muk next. Magnitude was super effective and enough to defeat it, then I used my Persian against his second Koffing and I defeated it easily. I obtained the Soul Badge and Toxic TM from Koga afterwards and I headed out of the Fuchsia City Gym and I saved the game outside.

Continued on the Pokedex today by evolving various Hoenn Pokemon, the following were added to my Dex today: Marshtomp, Swampert, Mightyena, Linoone, Silcoon, Cascoon, Dustox, Lombre, Ludicolo, Swellow, Pelipper, Kirlia and gardeblaurgh. I felt that I got quite much done but I still have quite a bit left on the Hoenn Dex. Will continue tomorrow though I might not do as much then, but we'll see.

Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast