Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2735

Thread: The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

I've recently started playing all the games in order. Red started his journey through Kanto yesterday and he's just arrived in Cerulean City. After getting his Pokemon up to Lv.21, he challenged Misty at the Cerulean Gym. He chose Pikachu and Nidorino to take the water master on. Staryu was an easy defeat, but Starmie's Water Pulse swept his entire defeat. At a loss, he has been wallowing in the Cerulean Pokemon Centre for the last hour or so. He'll train some more and face Misty again tomorrow.

The Team
    - Charcoal (Charmeleon) - Lv.21
    - Chu (Pikachu) - Lv.21
    - Nido (Nidorino) - Lv.21

Didn't have any time to play yesterday, but today, I continued with the training. I got all members of both teams to level 72 which isn't much but I'm satisfied anyway. The training will be going quite slowly from here on as the strongest opponents I can fight are at more than 10 levels below my the levels of my teams, so I might as well get used to it. There is also a clear difference in how fast it goes when comparing the games, it goes faster on FireRed since I have the Lucky Egg there. Really wish I had another Lucky Egg on this generation, but I don't, and while I could get one more, I don't feel like going through the means of getting another one. Will continue training throughout the rest of the week, hoping to have everything at level 80 by the end of the week.

LeafGreen Team:
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72

FireRed Team:
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    - level 72
    Last edited by Kalosian; 19th March 2014 at 12:17 AM.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Red finally defeated Misty with a stroke of luck. He then went on to receive the SS Ticket from Bill and capture a Drowzee. He took on Lt. Surge and swept him with his Nidorino. After training Drowzee up some, Red decided to rest in the Vermillion Pokemon Centre for the night.

The Team
    - Lv. 27
    - Lv. 27
    - Lv. 27
    - Lv. 20

Made it to Fuchia city before going back to battle Lt.Sruge

I arrived on Two Island after riding on the Seagallop ferry. Upon arrival, I wandered into the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then left after doing that and I talked to the several characters around Two Island. I then left the town after purchasing items and headed north towards Cape Brink and I spoke to the old woman there. She taught my Blastoise the Hydro Cannon attack, then I went back to Two Island and I rode the ferry to Three Island next. Once at the port, I saw some Bikers riding around and then I visited the Pokemon Center, then I bought some items at the local Poke Mart and I made my way towards Bond Bridge next since I had to go to Berry Forest. I saved as I arrived at the tall grass area.

I have done a few things in the last two days. First of all, I have solved the problem regarding the fact that I was missing Huntail to complete my National Pokedex on LeafGreen. I bought a used copy of Sapphire last week, and it arrived yesterday. I checked through the game and the previous owner had been playing for quite a while, there was some cool Pokemon in the PC boxes. Including a Huntail, which meant I didn't have to do anything more in order to get one. I traded it over to LeafGreen which added it to my Pokedex there. This finally brought my number of owned Pokemon in the National Dex to 382. For this, I got the last Trainer Card upgrade that I am able to get, I also went to Pallet Town and talked to Professor Oak, who congratulated me on completing the dex. This is also the first time since before I restarted LeafGreen seven years ago that I have a complete National Dex in all of my main 3rd gen games. It only took seven years to do it... though the actual time spent on completing it was probably closer to seven weeks, there was just a huge break between the times I worked on it.

But I am not completely done with the games just because I have completed the Pokedex, I still need to train my teams and get them ready for the final challenge. I trained them a little yesterday and even more today, and in the end, I got all members of both teams to level 77. I will take it very easy with the training from now on, but my goal is to get everything to level 80 in two days.

LeafGreen Team:
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77

FireRed Team:
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77
    - level 77

On Three Island, I continued moving through Bond Bridge towards the Berry Forest where I had to find that lost little girl, Lostelle. I battled against several trainers as I moved around the tall grass and I also battled against some wild Pokemon as well. I continued heading west and I walked along the bridge there and I challenged some more trainers around the shoreline before entering Berry Forest itself. Once I was inside Berry Forest, I walked around the tall grass and after battling wild Pokemon and then I began looking for Lostelle around the forest path. I picked up some berries off the ground as well while I was roaming around the trees and I saved the game shortly before reaching the middle of Berry Forest.

I have continued with the training for the past few days, and yesterday, I was finally able to get everything to level 80. Time for the final test. On both games, I flew to the Indigo Plateau and entered it. I challenged the E4 and the Champion with my teams, and I could defeat all of them without any problems. Professor Oak appeared and congratulated me on my victory over my Rival, then I watched the credits roll throughout Kanto both figuratively and literally. After the credits, I was back outside of my home in Pallet Town. But I am not done with the games just because I beat the E4, I still need to train my teams a little more. I walked up to Viridian City to withdraw a flier since no member of either of my team knew Fly. Afterwards, I continued with the training. I got everything to level 81 yesterday, and to level 83 today. My goal is to get them all to level 85 and I should be able to accomplish that either tomorrow or on Wednesday.

LeafGreen Team:
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83

FireRed Team:
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83
    - level 83

I arrived at the center of Berry Forest and I trained my team against wild Pokemon there for a while. I managed to level up my Pokemon a bit due to that and after picking some more Berries from the ground, I got to the end of the forest. I encountered Lostelle there and then she talked about the scary Pokemon that had attacked her. A wild Hypno appeared and I had to battle it to end the crisis there. I captured it and then afterwards Lostelle and I returned to her home on Three Island. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center, then I set off back to Kanto once everything on the Sevii Islands was settled. I headed to Cinnabar Island once more to train before challenging the Viridian City Gym. I saved at Pokemon Mansion.

Yesterday, I continued training my team. I got them all to level 85 without any problems which means that I am done with them now.

The final result:

LeafGreen Team:
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85

FireRed Team:
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85
    - level 85

I am also more or less completely done with FR/LG in general now as well, I have done everything I had planned to do in the games, there is nothing more left for me to do. It seems like a good time to be done with them seeing as this year marks their 10th anniversary. The only thing I can imagine using them for in the future is if I need to connect them to any of my other games, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen, and if it does, it will only be for something minor anyway. These are also the first games from 3rd gen that I can consider myself done with, but they will not be the last ones. For now I am going to take a break from this generation but I will be back to it in the future, though in the other pair of games.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 25th March 2014 at 5:49 PM.

After training on Cinnabar Island, I flew to Viridian City. I entered the local Gym and I started battling against the Gym trainers inside there. After being pushed around by movement tiles, I finally made it to Giovanni's spot and I challenged him to a battle there. He sent out his first Rhyhorn and I defeated it with Blastoise's Surf attack easily. Giovanni then sent out Nidoking and afterwards his Nidoqueen and those two where defeated by my Blastoise and Kadabra, respectively. He sent out Dugtrio next which I defeated with my Victreebel's Razor Leaf and I also defeated his second Rhyhorn with that. After finally beating Gym Leader Giovanni, I received the Earth Badge and the TM for Earthquake from him and I saved.
    Last edited by Lorde; 25th March 2014 at 11:31 PM.

April 1, 2014

Trainer: Joe
    Hometown: Pallet Town
    Friend/Rival: Derek

Today I began my journey through the Kanto Region. I began by meeting Professor Oak right before Route 1. He spoke to me about tall grass and wild Pokemon and proceeded to have me follow him to his lab. When I arrived at the lab, my best friend was already there waiting. After the Professor spoke to us for a few minutes, he let me choose my first Pokemon for my journey.

My choices were the Grass/Poison type Bulbasaur, Fire type Charmander or the Water type Squirtle. I decided to pick Bulbasaur the Grass/Poison type. He knows Tackle and Growl to start and has a Mild nature. After my selection Derek chose Charmander the Fire type who just so happens to have the type advantage, of course.

Derek challenged me to a Pokemon battle to try out our first Pokemon. I started off with Growl a few times to lower Charmander's Attack. After a few Growls I had to use my Potion that I withdrew from my PC back home. I then began to use Tackle and ended the battle victorious! I headed off to Viridian City to pick up Professor Oak's Parcel from the Auto mart and returned it to his lab. After Derek and I received the Pokedex from the Professor, we both set off on our journey.

After returning to Viridian City I headed west over to Route 22 and caught a Rattata and Mankey after training Bulbasaur. After training I stopped by the mart to pick up some Pokeballs, Potions and Antidotes before heading to Viridian Forest. After battling some Metapod and Kakuna I managed to capture a Weedle and Caterpie.

Kanto Journey Journal entry ended.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

After beating Gym Leader Giovanni at the Viridian City Gym, I flew to Vermilion City and took the Seagallop ferry to One Island. I headed to Kindle Road and trained against wild Pokemon there. I also used my Vs. Seeker to challenge the trainers around there. I visited Ember Spa and healed my team inside, then I trained at Kindle Road against more wild Pokemon and then I headed for Three Island to train at the Berry Forest. I also located berries and encountered Pokemon I hadn't yet captured and I stayed for a while and battled against more Pokemon. I finished training there after about 15 minutes and headed back to Kanto. I then entered the Seafoam Islands again to train some more there and saved.

April 2, 2014

Pokedex: 12
    Badges: 1

I continued my journey today by making my way through Viridian Forest. After making it to the end and defeating Bug Catchers along the way I decided to spend some time looking for a Pikachu. After about fifteen minutes of searching, I came across and Pikachu and managed to capture it and made my way out of Viridian Forest.

Upon exiting I ran into a Pidgey in the grass and caught him. Then made my way to Pewter City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, deposited all the Pokemon I captured into the PC and headed over to the Pewter City Gym. With my Bulbasaur I was able to defeat the Gym Trainer with ease. The Gym Leader Brock was fairly easy as well. After the defeat of his Onix, Bulbasaur grew to level 16 and evolved into Ivysaur. I received TM39 Rock Tomb and the Boulderbadge from Brock.

I stopped by the Pokemart to pick up some Pokeballs. On my way through Route 3 I received the Running Shoes from Professor Oaks aide, battled several trainers and captured a Spearow, Nidoran(M), and a Jigglypuff. Stopped at the Pokemon Center outside of Mt. Moon to deposit the captured Pokemon. I entered Mt. Moon and captured a Zubat.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

I finally got all my Pokemon leveled up to around level 60 after training at the Seafoam Islands and other locations. I flew back to Pallet Town and spoke to Professor Oak, then I went north to Viridian City and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I purchased some items at the Poke Mart and then headed off towards the Pokemon League. I encountered my rival before I could enter the reception gate though and we battled. After I defeated my rival, I walked through the gates of the Pokemon League Reception area. I had to make my way north towards Victory Road and check in with guards at several checkpoints along the way. I finally got to Victory Road after that and I saved just as I got inside the cavern itself.

April 3, 2014

Pokedex: 23
    Badges: 2

My journey continues with making my way through Mt. Moon. Along the way I defeated several trainers including Team Rocket and captured a Geodude, Paras and Clefairy. At the end of Mt. Moon I defeated a Super Nerd who let me choose between the Dome Fossil or Helix Fossil after defeating him. I went with the Dome Fossil.

After exiting Mt. Moon I captured an Ekans and made my way to the Cerulean City Gym. I battled two trainers and then challenged Misty, the Gym Leader. Ivysaur made quick work of her Staryu and Starmie. I received TM03 and the Cascadebadge from Misty and left her gym.

I started my way north to Route 24. I made quick work of the Nugget Bridge trainers while also using them to train my Weedle to level 10 which evolved into Kakuna and then Beedrill. The sixth and last trainer gave me a Nugget and then revealed himself to be a member of Team Rocket. I quickly defeated him. As I made my way through Route 25 I battled many trainers and leveled up my Caterpie to level 10 who evolved into Butterfree.

At the end of Route 25 I found Bill's house who I helped turn back into his human form. He gave me the S.S. Ticket and allowed me to add the entries for Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon to my Pokedex. I headed back to Cerulean City and took a shortcut through a small house which had been rummaged through. Out back I battled a Team Rocket member who gave me TM28 upon defeat. I headed south to the Underground Tunnel which I traded a Nidoran(M) for a Nidoran(F). Once on the other end of the Underground Tunnel I battled a few trainers on Route 6 which I used to help level up my Nidoran(M). Once he evolves I will begin training the Nidoran(F). I entered Vermillion City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

Upon arrival at Victory Road, I pushed some boulders with Strength in order to unlock pathways to the other areas of the cave. I had to battle several trainers inside of Victory Road as well as many wild Pokemon for experience. Thankfully my team gained tons of experience and I also managed to capture some Pokemon like Onix and Marowak for my collection. I finally made it out of Victory Road after finding the exit. I came out of the cavern and I rushed to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon League HQ. I also stocked up on items and swapped Pokemon around. I trained some more at Victory Road and then when I felt confident that I had trained enough for the Elite Four challenge, I saved right in Lorelei's room.

April 4, 2014

Pokedex: 29
    Badges: 2

Current Team:

I continued my journey by heading over to Route 11, east of Vermillion City. I battled several trainers to level up my Rattata and capture a Drowzee. Afterwards, I went back up to Route 6, north of Vermillion City to capture a Meowth. I then headed off to the S.S. Anne. I battled many trainers on the ship and found several items. One man showed me a Pokedex entry for Snorlax. As I battled all the trainers I leveled up my Rattata a little more which evolved into Raticate and I began leveling up my Pidgey, who is now level 15.

As I approached the Captains Cabin, Derek came down the steps and challenged me to a battle. My Ivysaur made quick work of his team and he then moved on his way. After the battle with Derek I headed up stairs to the Captains Cabin. He was sick throwing up into a trash can. I rubbed his back to make him feel better and he rewarded me with HM01. I worked my way off the S.S. Anne and watched as it sailed off. After the ship left my view I ran back to the Vermillion City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon.

Last edited by Falconx03; 5th April 2014 at 8:19 AM.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

I entered Lorelei's room and I used Raichu to battle against Lorelei's Slowbro and Cloyster, then I switched to Ninetales when Lorelei sent out her Jynx. I switched to Raichu when she used Dewgong and Lapras and I managed to win that battle without too many difficulties. I then entered Bruno's room and defeated his first Onix with my Blastoise. I then used Pidgeot against his Hitmonchan and Machamp, but switched to Nidoking for his second Onix and Raichu for his Hitmonlee. I won the battle and moved on to Agatha's room. That third battle was tough but Blastoise and Pidgeot defeated her Haunter and Gengar while Nidoking and Ninetals defeated her Golbat and Arbok. I went through to the next room and saved.

Almost done with Leaf Green! I'm currently running all over Kanto like an idiot trying to hunt down Entei, I've yet to encounter it. I'm not sure where the best place to corner it is, so I'm just alternating between the routes branching off of Saffron and Vermilion for now. Whenever I finally find it, I'll just Master Ball it for easiness I guess. It's kinda tedious though, so I might take a break from this to go capture Mewtwo.

Whenever I finish this up, I'll be transferring all my Pokemon to start the file over.
    3DS Friend Code: 1521-2824-9777
    Friend Safari: Flying Type

I just started to play fire red last week and, although I don't play it that much, I am advancing fairly quick. Im doing a runthrough with just my charizard, I just beat Koga and Charizard is already level 74 I think. It also helped that I caught a chansey and that by some miracle (as if catching a chansey wasn't enough of a miracle already) it was holding a lucky egg.
    I plan to fight through the elite 4 using just my Charizard, but I will have others in my party just in case it faints so I can revive it. maybe I wont do that actually.....
    I think I am done with this website. It was really great when I needed it, but im not that interested in pokemon as I was a while ago. I will probably play until I get my national dex completed on x and then I think I will have enough closure to stop playing.
    I am sorry if I was breeding something for you, but it was too difficult and I was wasting too much of my time and money playing pokemon instead of doing more beneficial things like hanging with my friends and playing sports. To all who helped me out, thank you. I couldn't have gotten as far in my game without the people I traded with on this site.
    thanks for everything, sorry if I offended anyone in my posts, and have fun catching them all.

I arrived at Lance's chamber and battled him. I beat his Gyarados with Pikachu's Thunderbolt, then Lance sent out his Dragonair which I beat with Blastoise. He sent out Dragonite and I had to swap out to Nidoking in order to defeat it. He sent out Aerodactyl afterwards which I defeated with Blastoise's Surf. I then sent out my Raichu to finish off Lance's second Dragonair which took a while. After the battle, Lance told me that I had to face yet another trainer before being crowned the Kanto Champion. It was tedious, but I decided to take this chance to heal all of my Pokemon. I used Full Restores on my entire team and switched Pokemon right before I entered the last room. I saved before going inside to face my rival.

Today, I picked up LeafGreen again and decided to train my team members some more. I flew to Indigo Plateau and battled the Elite Four again. Each of my Pokemon gained at least one level against the E4 IIRC. After watching the credits, I headed for the Sevii Islands for additional training. I mostly trained my Gardevoir and Kangaskhan by battling trainers near Five Island and Seven Island. In the end, I got Gardevoir to level 75 and Kangaskhan to 74.
    Also, while at Resort Gorgeous I decided to show a couple of Pokemon to Selphy, because I think it had been years since I'd done that. I showed her a Ledian and Xatu and obtained a couple of items.

I entered the Champion's room in order to battle against my rival. I defeated his Pidgeot very easily with my Raichu's Thunderbolt attack, but his Alakazam was really tedious to beat even after receiving my Nidoking's super effective Megahorn attack, which should have been enough to make it faint. I finally beat the Alakazam with my Ninetales and then I took down my rival's Gyarados with Raichu. I used my Blastoise against Charizard and I won that battle at long last after defeating my rival's last Pokemon. Oak came and talked to me and then he finally registered me at the Hall of Fame along with all of my Pokemon. After the game credits, I awoke in room in Pallet Town and I saved shortly before going to Oak's lab.

I finally caught that Entei. Jeez, that took too long. I eventually resorted to using Repel and a low level Pokemon at the head of the party. I'm taking a detour through the Sevii Islands before I go after Mewtwo, there's still plenty to do on them that I neglected to do earlier. Currently on Six Island, I always loved that Pattern Bush contains nothing but Bug Types, one of my favourites. Time to find a Heracross and Spinarak, I think.
    3DS Friend Code: 1521-2824-9777
    Friend Safari: Flying Type

Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast