Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

so i found my gamecube and colosseum, put in my memory card first time in over 6 years
    put in the R-Disk at the Upper, beat cipher admin with pokemon 10 levels under hers (i got a critical bite before i caught suicune, i'm so pissed)
    about to do the Upper colosseum, wish me luck

snagged 10 pokés, purifed 3

typhlosion - lv37
    plusle - lv24
    espeon - lv38
    furret - lv37
    sudowoodo - lv35
    umbreon - lv36

Platinum Friend Code: 3139 3886 9663

(PM me for a Chimchar - I accept just about anything!)
    One Chimchar, Chimchar for Sale.
    He's going cheap.
    Only Seven Guineas.

Decided after working on collecting Pokemon in Pearl and Black 2 to revisit Colosseum and XD. Took my XD team from when I restarted it over a year ago to Mt. Battle and beat it again, loved the feeling of getting my prize Totodile again!
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Was it just me, or did Colesseum seem really hard? I had difficulty beating it, but XD I had no troubles.

I haven't played them in forever, but I really wish they'd make a third game and make it a complete trilogy.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Was it just me, or did Colesseum seem really hard? I had difficulty beating it, but XD I had no troubles.

I haven't played them in forever, but I really wish they'd make a third game and make it a complete trilogy.

Lol, I know your pain. I was quite surprised between the level gap from the Team Snagem boss to the Chipher Boss.

My team was around the 40's, and thanks to an EXP share, my Altaria was around 57. It helped me so very much.

Also, after watching the Trailer for Pokemon X and Y, upon seeing the 3D white structures in the desert, I actually thought that the region was going to be Orre.

...and I'm still hoping that the new region is adjacent to Orre. :3
    If you want to look at various things surrounding Kingdom Hearts: Legend of the Chaos Dragon...

http://kingdomhearts-phsaga.deviantart.com/
    Then look there! :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHyHBr5nWbY
    Also, Look at the third gameplay video of Kingdom Hearts: Legend of the Chaos Dragon!

Colosseum:
    Used some scents on my shadow vibrava, and gave it the exp share. Then I went and beat Mt. Battle (Lv. 40-60) a couple times until all my other pokemon gained a few levels each. Then I purified it. It went from Lv. 43 to Lv. 55, and evolved into flygon - all in one go.
    I don't play pokemon much. You probably have way better pokemon than me. But I've got:
    A Lugia with that knows Psycho Boost
    And a Togepi with Serene Grace, that knows Tri Attack and Ancient Power
    XD

Colosseum: Defeated Lady Venus and chased her down to obtain the Subway Key. Currently battling in Pyrite town to purify Hitmontop and Sudowoodo. Also obtained TM18 Rain Dance and TM01 Focus Punch.

Party:
    Sudowoodo(shadow) Lv35
    Hitmontop(shadow) Lv38
    Slugma Lv34
    Altaria Lv42
    Espeon Lv38
    Umbreon Lv41
    "It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -

Internet was out for a couple days last week so popped in Colosseum. After spamming the Deep Colosseum for a couple hours officially got my 15th level 100 on that game (this one was a traded Steelix from LeafGreen). I'm probably going to work on bringing my Scizor to level 100 on there next.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

I started a new XD version recently, and evolved my eevee into a Jolteon. I'm up to snagem's laire. My team is Jolteon, Ursaring, Mightyena, Numel, Aron and Seel. I also started to train the baltoy, but subbed it out, might use it again though. I actually have purified all of the shadow pokemon I have so far...this is like the first time that in the middle of the story I have six complete purification sets but no shadow pokemon in any lol. I also realized a little too late that only one pokemon in my team that evolves twice, which isn't great...but whatever.

EDIT: This one Snagem member just said "You inflitrated Team Snagem's Base? That takes guts!" right before the battle. The funny thing is, my teddiursa had just evolved two battles before him, and if I had waited until that battle to get it to level 30, I could have been like at the end of the battle, "You said it takes guts? Ok then..." and then teddiursa would have evolved and gained the ability guts. Now I have it! lololololol yeah I love corny jokes sorry if I just made you groan :P
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 1st February 2013 at 9:59 PM.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Worked on purifying some more Pokemon on Colosseum a few days ago. In total, I purified several Pokemon, including Dunsparce, Togetic, and Granbull. I mostly just used a bunch of scents on them and then battled a lot at Mt. Battle and the colosseums. Now, I have purified just over half of all the Shadow Pokemon in the game. Also, I've trained most of the members of my team to above level 80.

In XD I just decided to replace my Lairon with another aron, as (which I technically knew since I got it) it has a mild nature. Not only is it a terrible pokemon to have a sp. attack enhancing nature, but mild lowers its defense, and of course lairon and aggron have incredible defense, but I'd like it to take full advantage of its awesome defense. It also so happened that I had already caught (after I started training my first aron but before the decision to maybe not use it) another aron with an impish nature, which is great for it (adamant or jolly would have been even better but its fine). And then to be sure I was making the right decision (well actually it wouldn't be making total sure, but its the best I can do), I checked the IVs of the second aron, and they were pretty good...so I replaced Lairon! Yeah, I rarely swap a pokemon for a better one of the same species...actually I've never done it after training the pokemon for as long as I did Lairon ever before! Also, for some reason I only now thought of changing my signature to have my current super awesome (in my biased opinion :P) XD team, instead of the black 2 team that while I love, I haven't used in ages! lol I'll do that now...
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!

I continued to work on purifying Pokemon in Colosseum. First, I purified Forretress and Ariados. After that, I did Vibrava and Gligar. All their heart gauges emptied rather quickly because I spammed a whole bunch of scents on my Pokemon and they went into Hyper Mode quite often. Once I was done purifying those Pokemon, I picked up the Shadow Sudowoodo from the Day Care. Its bars were completely empty so I was able to purify it too. Now, my total number of purified Pokemon is 30! I'm now working on purifying Skiploom.

In XD I just fainted two shadow pokemon in one battle, because (in my not so humble opinion ) my ursaring is too strong. Yeah, what a shame, I know it sucks right....lol I'm sorta kidding, btw. Besides was just a dodrio and ratticate, so whatever I'm fine with finding mirror B again...hope its at a pokespot for once lol. Though actually I've only missed a shadow pokemon twice before that, and all three times I found him (including the nosepass which of course you have to faint first time) he was in a colosseum. But that's still a much better accuracy than I've done in the game before! lol still have the greevil battle though, and I don't think I've ever gotten all six the first time though...

and ha the trainer after the raticate and dodrio one asks you (in a way you can really answer) if you want to have a battle, and if you say no he just says "that's mighty cold of you" and still battles you anyway. Not that I didn't want to battle, I just wanted to see what would happen...I did that with mirror B and Lovrina too just for fun, where I answered that I would do something that goes against being a protagonist just for fun lol
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 9th February 2013 at 5:23 PM.

I finally purified all 48 shadow Pokemon on Colosseum. Before going to Mt. Battle however, I decided to purify around 34 Pokemon on XD so I can trade hoppips, so I can purify XD 001

Guess what? In XD I was about to snag a shadow pokemon with yellow health, but accidentally selected the other shadow pokemon opponent, that had full H.P. Crazily it actually caught it! And it was an altaria, which I think would have a fairly high catch rate. But there was a down side to that crazy luck, in that the capture made my other pokemon attack the remaining opponent (a farfetch'd, btw), and it fainted. Oh well. I actually wouldn't even really care about it at all if you didn't need to catch them all to get dragonite. Of course there still is mirror B, just saying.

Purified some more Pokemon on Colosseum, including Tropius, Sneasel, Swablu, and Meditite. I went through dozens of scents and many, many colosseum battles in order to get all the heart gauges down. Now, I have a total of 38 Pokemon purified, so I'm getting close to purifying them all.
    Also, I worked on levelling up my Umbreon because it was lagging behind the rest of my team. I gave it the Exp. Share yesterday when it was level 73. When I finished purifying Pokemon today, it had grown to lv. 88, making it the highest on my team now.

In XD, I recently lost to gorgian rematch 3 times somehow, while trying to get his two shadows (two of the losses I had already caught poliwrath). That may have had something to do with how I wasted time trying to keep larion alive (and having participated enough) so it would gain a level and evolve into aggron at the end of THAT battle, which would be cool since he was using an aggron himself...but eventually I gave up on that and evolved it a bit later . I did beat him and get the two shadow pokemon. I also added ardos' swellow to my team (which now overall consists of 9 pokemon...well really eight because mightyena is ten levels lower then my lowest main team member now and I may not be using it again soon, idk. Also there is one even newer member, eldes' salamence, which I might use...right now I'm test-purifying it in the chamber to find its nature, though when I plan on using a shadow pokemon (as was the case with swellow), I only purify it by using it in battle (and using colognes on it), not in the purify chamber. Also, just for fun/sentimental reasons, when I purified swellow I made a special purification "set" in the chamber out of my main team members to give it a good/cool ceremony lol. Though speaking of purifying swellow, I had exp share on it while I battle- purifiied it (and simultaneously used it in battle frequently), and clearly lost track of time/how much I used it.....because when I purified it, it gained TWELVE LEVELS! And it was at level 43 before, now level 55 thanks only to pre-purification experience. Which put it ten levels AHEAD of my, at the time, highest level pokemon. As shocking and great as that was, it still is not that great for two reasons- one I will be reluctant to use it as my other team members will need battling more, and 2 it clearly means I could have been giving my other team members a LOT more experience while I was training swellow! Suffice to say I yanked that exp share from it afterwards yelling "OMG give me that!" lol. Should have NOT been using that before, lol.

Oh and one last really cool but sorta unfortunate thing- last night I jokingly started the battle with greevil's lugia even though I didn't have close to enough time to beat him, so I was going to try to beat lugia for fun...but then an ice beam actually froze it when it had yellow h.p., so I decided to see if it could catch it- and I actually caught it with my first ultra ball!!! lol that was so crazy, since it is so hard to catch, and I couldn't even keep it since I had to stop playing shortly after (as I expected). I'll still try to weaken it and non-masterball catch it again for fun when I battle greevil for real, but I may just end up using the masterball, don't want to run out of ultra balls for greevil's other pokemon, though! But now before that, I'm doing mt battle for fun, though I'm at area 6 which is a big leap from 5, with the pokemon being a lot higher than my main team (but only few levels higher then swellow now ha ha).

I purified a few more Pokemon on Colosseum, including Quilava and Furret. IIRC, I'm up to 42 Pokemon purified now.
    Also, I got my Umbreon up to level 95 or 96. Hope to get it to 100 soon.

I played my XD for a while too. I went to the Orre Colosseum and entered the most recent round I've unlocked, which was the Gorigan round. In the first three battles, I had some close calls. However, I managed to win and make it to the final battle, where I defeated Gorigan without losing any of my Pokemon. Really surprised I did so well.

Where is the best place to find Pokemon XD in the UK with all the manuals leaflets etc? I've been on ebay but they all seem to be missing the Nintendo VIP card or other bits.

Won a copy of Pokemon Colosseum on a Ebay auction, it's comes in 4 days.

Not sure what I'll do for a team, I'm sure I'll end up using Espeon and Umbreon the entire game though.

I finally beat colosseum. I accidentally ko'ed absol, houndoom, and tyranitar but I'm not doing any after game stuff so it doesn't really matter.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I got around to purifying the last six Shadow Pokemon on my Colosseum. I did a bunch of colosseum challenges and used the scents I had left in order to get four of the Pokemon ready for purification. I then picked up Hitmontop from the Day Care and found out that its shadow bar had already emptied. The last Pokemon I purified was Absol, who I purified using the one Time Flute I had left. So now, I've purified all the Shadow Pokemon on Colosseum - first time doing that on this game.

Also, got Umbreon to level 100.

Game came today, in Pyrite Town atm. Caught Makuhita and Bayleef.

I beat Snattle but lost twice to Arvos or what ever his name is. I guess I need to train more in Mt Battle. To lv 45 would probably be good.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I beat Snattle but lost twice to Arvos or what ever his name is. I guess I need to train more in Mt Battle. To lv 45 would probably be good.
    His name is Ardos (close), but you might as well forget his name since in the closing scene of the game he suggests to have cipher flee the island and blow it up with you in it. :P

Up to Evice, lost once because team was about 15 levels under him XD. Nascour wasn't much of a problem :P lol.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast