Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

I finally beat my old copy of Colosseum. Now to just refine my team for Mt. Battle. I'd really like that Ho-Oh.
    Also, does anyone have any recommendations for getting Pokemon to level 100 quickly in Colo?

I've picked up XD as well, but I feel less motivated to complete that one. I've snagged just over half the Shadow Pokemon, and next stop is Citadark Isle. I should probably get my team to level 40-ish first, but it's taking soooo long. Least I finally beat all the Battle Bingo sheets (thanks to Google) so that makes for some useful Pokecoupons.

~Psychic

I'm making 151 Pokémon as cupcakes
    Check out Project Cupcakedex

~Psychic's Nerdy Desserts Thread~

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    I finally beat my old copy of Colosseum. Now to just refine my team for Mt. Battle. I'd really like that Ho-Oh.
    Also, does anyone have any recommendations for getting Pokemon to level 100 quickly in Colo?

~Psychic
    You don't need Lv 100s to get the Ho-oh. Just take the Mt. Battle vs 100 challenge (Note: you must take the challenge from the "battle mode" window to get Ho-oh at the end), and the enemies will adjust to your highest level.

As for me, I finally managed to beat said challenge, and earned my Ho-oh! It ended in an epic confrontation between my Suicune and his Kyogre, in a drenching rainstorm, over an active volcano. It doesn't get much cooler than that! :-)
    I don't play pokemon much. You probably have way better pokemon than me. But I've got:
    A Lugia with that knows Psycho Boost
    And a Togepi with Serene Grace, that knows Tri Attack and Ancient Power
    XD

Wow, I also just got Ho-Oh.
    I decided to do the challenge this past Sunday. I traded a team of Kyogre, Latios, Gengar, Salamence, Metagross, and Skarmory over from my Emerald and then used them for the Mt. Battle challenge. I decided to do double battles. The challenge was easier than I had expected (was worried about opposing legendaries, so that's why I brought my own) and I did not have one of my own Pokemon faint until battle 88 or something. I beat trainer #100 after just under 5 hours and obtained my Ho-Oh, which I traded to Emerald.

Made it into Pyrite Town in XD, like a month ago o3o just haven't played since then.

I finished XD some months ago, I am now playing Colosseum to finish purifying all the Pokemon and get that Ho-Oh. After that I'll probably send some of 'em (at least Ho-Oh, Lugia and the Johto starters and legendary beasts) to my Emerald, use the clone glitch and send them to my Platinum game.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch314 View Post
    You don't need Lv 100s to get the Ho-oh. Just take the Mt. Battle vs 100 challenge (Note: you must take the challenge from the "battle mode" window to get Ho-oh at the end), and the enemies will adjust to your highest level.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I believe I tried to do so, but it was giving me difficulties and didn't say why. I wasn't using legendaries or anything, either.

In XD, I finally got through all of Citadark Isle after adding Rapidash to my team since I was in dire need of a fire-type. I caught most the Shadows there in one go except Starmie and Salamence. I've chased Miror B down a few times, and only just realize how to use the Miror B Radar to find his exact location. :x

Also, I'm not sure if XD001 is just really hard to catch or what, but I put Lugia to sleep, didn't even get his health in the red, and caught him on the first Ultraball. Like woah.

Unfortunately, I utterly lost to Greevil, only managaing to snag about half his team (and only one of the birds). My team was at level 45, so I guess I have some training to do before facing him again. It's still cool battling with Lugia in the colosseums, though - I like imagining the cheers from the crowd are actually screams of shock and terror. >D

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 23rd April 2013 at 5:59 AM.

I'm making 151 Pokémon as cupcakes
    Check out Project Cupcakedex

~Psychic's Nerdy Desserts Thread~

Trying to beat the Metronome battle CD. "Wildy's Cleffa used Splash!" Only good move I got was Eruption, but I was at low health XD.

Edit: Won it because Machop was retard and suicided by confusion :P.

Any advice for training up my Parasect and Aron to about level 35?
    Last edited by 11wildy; 11th June 2013 at 2:07 PM.

File 1:

This file was my first ever playthrough on Colosseum and I've never had the heart to erase the team. Recently, I've been spamming the Realgam Tower Colosseum for cash so I can buy more cologne - trying to purify every Shadow Pokemon is bloody expensive! I've now only got Vibrava, Ledian and Piloswine to go and I'll be 100% complete. Only took over 9 years! My team is as follows:

Surge [68]
    Flamethrower, Protect, Dig, Brick Break

Memphis [67]
    Bite, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Protect

Paprika [69]
    Hi Jump Kick, Shadow Ball, Protect, Hidden Power

Willow [68]
    Dragon Dance, Fly, Earthquake, Dragon Claw

Daphne [69]
    Thunderbolt, Protect, Focus Punch, Hyper Beam

Gambit [67]
    Surf, Sludge Bomb, Return, Protect

File 2:

This file I only began this week and I've already progressed a fair bit (being off uni has left me with a ridiculous amount of spare time!). I'm usually quite strict re the use of Action Replay throughout the main storyline, but quite honestly, I was sick to the back teeth of choosing Pokemon from the same limited selection, so I'll admit to using it on this occasion to obtain some that aren't normally available. The majority of today has been spent gathering Pokecoupons in order to enhance my team's movesets with the likes of Ice Beam and Psychic, as well tackling the Phenac Stadium and Pre-Gym for the Solarbeam and Return TMs, respectively. I've now just entered the Under and preparing to take on Venus! Team thus far:

Logan [42]
    Muddy Water, Protect, Earthquake, Ice Beam

Tag [41]
    Strength, Protect, Iron Tail, Flamethrower

Ava [42]
    Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Body Slam, Earthquake

Benedict [41]
    Psychic, Protect, Return, Reflect

Elden [42]
    Return, Drill Peck, Sunny Day, Steel Wing

Puck [41]
    Rock Slide, Protect, Magnitude, Toxic

Apparently my game prefers to generate male Pokemon.

Pokemon XD
    So so so frustrated. Made it through the entire game and at the very end my disc decides to be an *******. So yeah, I've defeated Greevil 3 times and counting, only for the game to crash at the end credits. On the first instance I actually managed to snag all his Pokemon, whereas in the second and third, Vance and Pepper pretty much destroyed his entire team. Never expected an Electrode to be so useful! I'm feeling a bit deflated and given up for now, but regardless, here's my team:

Cassius [49]
    Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Protect, Body Slam

Trusty starter. At lot of fuss is made about how poor Flareon is, but I can honestly say he exceeded my expectations tenfold. He has a Naughty-nature, which is really lucky considering he's a mixed attacker. No Physical STAB kind of sucks, but Flamethrower gets the job done sufficiently. Shadow Ball works great running off his mammoth attack, especially will all the Psychic-types running around. It was a toss up between Body Slam and Iron Tail for the fourth slot, but the former edged out because of the paralysis chance and accuracy.

Anya [49]
    Double-Edge, Howl, Shadow Ball, Protect

Bless her, she's a bit terrible. Nahh, in all seriousness, her Intimidate helped a lot in cushioning attacks. I'll admit she was babied a bit and often just used to stall with Protect (since the opponent almost always seemed to target her), allowing her teammate to get a free hit in - especially towards the end. However, once she got a few Howls in she was pretty potent. Her Leftovers also helped to heal back the recoil damage from Double-Edge. Shame she has no Physical STAB in this gen, since that would've increased her usefulness massively.

Pepper [50]
    Ice Beam, Body Slam, Icy Wind, Water Pulse

So reliable and single-handedly responsible for a large proportion of victories. Icy Wind helped a lot towards the end, especially considering she has a Quiet nature (-Speed, + S.Attack). Ice Beam and Water Pulse hit a lot of things for either super-effective or neutral damage, but Body Slam's there for Water-types and the paralysis chance was mega helpful when capturing Shadow Pokemon. Her only drawback is her lack of powerful Water STAB - it sucks that Surf isn't in the game.

Vance [49]
    Thunderbolt, Protect, Selfdestruct, Thunder Wave

Mono-coverage ftw. Well actually, he has Selfdestruct too, but that's only used in exceptional circumstances. He's surprisingly powerful considering he only has base 80 S.Attack and worked wonders in Cipher Key Lair with his Thunder Wave. Protect's there to avoid damage when Rod's using EQ and is good in scouting the opponent's tactics. He's pretty much useless against Ground-types, so I often pair him with Pepper.

Rod [48]
    Iron Tail, Protect, Earthquake, Brick Break

The powerhouse of the team. Iron Tail's accuracy is a bit iffy but it's really powerful and maims most opponents who don't resist it. Earthquake works brilliantly in conjunction with the Steel coverage. All he really needs is a reliable Rock move which isn't available in XD (bar Rock Tomb I guess), so Brick Break's in its place for now (although it's a bit redundant since he has EQ.)

Adley [48]
    Psychic, Aerial Ace, Shadow Ball, Giga Drain

The newest addition to the team. I was actually just going to stick with 5 members in this playthrough, but I was really Fighting and Ground weak, and he fulfills both requirements. He has a Brave nature, which is a bit of double-edged sword since it exchanges his speed for extra power on Aerial Ace and Shadow Ball. Psychic's his main STAB and the most reliable, whereas Giga Drain was solely for a Quagsire I was having trouble with haha. All in all, he definitely pulls his weight.
    Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 11th August 2013 at 2:25 PM.

R.I.P, absolutely amazing team of yours. Sad to see them go...

Anyway, I'm surprised that anyone still plays these, lol. I have both, beat both, and then both my files were erased when my brother fried the memory card. I was so POed, that I stopped playing. Good thing I got Ho-oh and Lugia out before that. *Sigh of relief*
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Orre counts as a region right? Cause XD is my next playthrough before X/Y!

After doing a training simulation I found myself forced into a series of fetch quests involving Jovi and some parts after Professor Crane was taken. Most of it was dull, but on the plus side I evolved my starter, Eevee, into a Vaporeon! Once I was free from Jovi following me I explored Gateon Port and got a Poochyena and a Ledyba but I won't be using either. After I did everything there I headed to Agate Village so I could purify some Pokemanz! I defeated all of the random trainers around the village and found Eagun and his wife in their small cottage tree thing. Eagun told me I had to do even more battles before I could purify so I completed them and also managed to beat Eagun. I purified the Teddiursa and took a break.
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Having recently completed a playthrough of Ruby in an attempt to play through every game I own before X and Y arrive (not gonna happen now i'm afraid), I have now moved on to Colosseum. However, I chose not to restart the game, instead deciding to tie up the loose ends in my existing file. My adventure in Orre had been suspended at the Snagem Hideout where I needed to snag two more Shadow Pokemon - Smeargle and Ursaring. Successful in doing so, I left the hideout and returned to The Under in order to challenge the Deep Colosseum knockout tournament, where Cipher's Admins were apparently waiting for me. As I soon discovered, Miror B proved a step too far for my team, so I am now training rigorously until I feel we are ready to take on the challenge again.

Team:
    Espeon - Lv 57
    Umbreon - Lv 54
    Typhlosion - Lv 54
    Ampharos - Lv 55
    Suicune - Lv 54
    Flygon - Lv 51/52

Where to begin...

I went to Mt Battle got Vander's help on Cipher's location. Turns out they were using there old hideout. 6 identical brothers came out, each with a shadow Pokemon. I captured all the Pokemon, but only added Baltoy to the team! I then went through the lab in search of Krane and added a Shroomish to my team. I found him and battled my first Cipher admin and we both narrowly escaped the facility. I was told to go to Pyrite Town and speak with the people of ONBS for help but they sent me to Pokespots. Miror B happened to be at one of them with a Shadow Voltorb, which I snagged and added to the team (but clumsy me forgot to make sure it had Static...freaking Soundproof). Just then ONBS was under attack so I returned there and defeated all the Cipher grunts and Shroomish evolved into Breloom!

After saving ONBS I was told to head to Phenac, but then a lady told me to go to Realgam Tower, but I didn't want to so I returned to Phenac and discovered that Cipher had taken the place of most of the citizens. It was a Shadow Pokemon palooza as I defeated a ridiculous amount of trainers. One of them had a Shadow Grimer which made a welcome addition to my team. Another Cipher admin, Snaggle, was defeated and before I knew it I was on the abandoned SS Libra. There wasn't much here, apart from some Snagem grunts that stole my Snag machine! I gave chase to their hideout, defeated them all, and got my Snag machine back. Then I found yet another Cipher hideout although this one was where they actually made the Shadow Pokemon. I climbed a few floors in the pyramid structure and took a break. Baltoy and Voltorb evolved at some point as well.
    HeartGold Wedlocke

Last night, I decided to play my some XD. I went to the Orre Colosseum and entered the latest round available to me, which was the Chobin round I believe. My first opponent was an Eeveelution trainer. I got off to a really bad start in this battle, since I somehow forgot that Espeon is faster than Heracross and also had to deal with being confused. I ended up being down to only my Blissey, who was fortunately able to tank my opponent's Pokemon and win the battle for me. On my second battle, I was not so lucky. I predicted incorrectly in regards to the Pokemon and moves the opponent was going to select, and I ended up losing.

I did not feel like trying the colosseum again, so I decided to go do Area 10 of Mt. Battle again. It took a little while, but I cleared it and got some coupons for my troubles.

I was going to use Sableye as my final team member but I changed my mind and used Butterfree because I don't have any Pokemon that would benefit Claydol's Earthquake. Plus it knows Sleep Powder which is always helpful. I climbed to the top of the factory shut the place down and defeated another Admin. I learned of Cipher's real base on Citadark Isle and headed there after getting to use a Robo Kyogre. It took a while but I was able to reach the end of the facility. Just as I was about to stop Greevil he put up a shield and I could not get through. I took a break after getting stopped.

Edit: Well I finished the game. Snagged and purified all 83 Shadow Pokemon with Lugia being the last one. I really didn't have much trouble against Greevil but I also swapped out Butterfree for Shadow Lugia during the fight because Butterfree was beyond worthless. Had fun doing it. Never used Muk before this and it ended up being my favorite team member so I plan on using it again in the future.
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 19th September 2013 at 12:42 PM.
    HeartGold Wedlocke

Since my last post here in September relating to Colosseum I have managed to clear the Deep Colosseum and snag all of the remaining Shadow Pokemon in the game. After doing so, I decided to embark on the long-winded process of purifying said Shadow Pokemon, which is proving to be as difficult as it sounds due to the fact that I had only purified a few of them during my actual playthrough. I am over halfway through this project now, so I would consider myself to have made solid progress so far. I have also managed to accrue lots of PokeCoupons by training with my Shadow Pokemon on Mt. Battle, so that is a nice little incentive to carry on purifying them all.

So randomly (and with the encouragement of my friend) I decided to take a team of randoms left over in my XD and 3rd gen games and take them through Mt. Battle in XD. It's a nice way to prepare for X and Y I think lol. I also plan to take them through the Hoenn Elite four, and possibly other games as well.
    Right now I have Exploud, Aron, Koffing, Gardevoir, Swellow, and Quagsire. I got to battle 61, but I may have to restart since I've been struggling quite a bit.
    Favorites are Forever
    3DS Friend Code- 2595-1082-4370- My Friend Safari is Ghost with Pumpkaboo, Lampent, and Golurk. PM Me to swap codes!

• I entered the Realgam Tower Colosseum and managed to snatch , and before defeating Cipher Nascour and Evice.
    • I re-entered the tournament and this time managed to seize which narrowly escaped my grasp from a Shadow Rush Recoil in the first round.
    • My 6th Entry (after consistently overpowering the trainers and Nascour) lead me to my Shadow , whom I caught in a regular Pokeball :3
    • Attempt #7 was also successful where I claimed the last piece of the tournament puzzle and snagged in a regular Pokeball aswell.
    • Now eventually moving on to the post game section I headed to meet Secc who told me to battle Cail who told me to go to the former Snagem Hideout.
    • In a bid to stop the incescent emails informing me of Shadow Pokemon that I've already encountered I scoured the Snagem Lab, found the and departed to train at Mt Battle.
    • 40 Shadow Pokemon have been rescued but only 5 purified. I still need to search for the remaining 8 before I reset my game and start a new chapter.

So far my present team is:

Umbreon - Level 55
    Faint Attack, Secret Power, Confuse Ray, Mean Look

Espeon - Level 60
    Psychic, Return, Reflect, Morning Sun

Meganium - Level 63
    Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Body Slam, Synthesis

Ampharos - Level 64
    Thunderbolt, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Light Screen

Piloswine - Level 59
    Toxic, Endure, Earthquake, Ice Beam

Medicham - Level 61
    Psychic, Recover, Calm Mind, High Jump Kick
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

have any of you found any shiny pokemon that are differently coloured to gba? if so, got any pics? I had a shiny camerupt which was dark red on colosseum, not as cool as it's original black, but for some reason made it even more special. Traded it over to Black 2 now, so i dont have any pictures.
    I'm currently training up a fully EV trained on Ruby to take on the Orre colosseum. Gonna trade when they're level 60
    TEAM: ( with desired moveset; not current)
    Shiftry: LVL 60
    Explosion, Rest, Brick Break, Shadow Ball
    Sandslash: LVL 55
    Swords Dance, Earthquake, Protect, Hyper Beam(maybe)
    Walrein: LVL 60
    Rest, Ice Beam, Surf, Protect
    Xatu: LVL 43
    Wish, Psychic, Protect, Fly
    Weezing: LVL 46
    Explosion, Protect, SludgeBomb, Toxic
    Manectric: LVL 58
    Thunderbolt, Protect, Bite, Quick Attack

In honour of its 10th anniversary, I went back to my old copy of Colosseum today. My Level 100 Espeon annihilated the competition, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as usual... Good times.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

May your quirky characters and edgy plot twists
    live forever inside our minds.

Because according to producers
    and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

.: I did not know it's the 10th anniversary of this game :0 Luckily I've whipped up a fanart today!

I love this game, it was the reason why I've played my Gamecube alot ;____;
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

Deviantart --> INNOCENTFATE

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011