Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

Well, I decided to play Pokemon XD again after a long haltus. I was training for Citadark Isle when I first picked it up, and now after four hours or so I'm finally ready to battle the big boss and catch Lugia! I wanted to SR for a Shiny Lugia, but I doubt I'll be able to last that long >.>

My Team:

Espeon (Leaf) Lv. 53
    Houndoom (Zane) Lv. 50
    Aggron (Bosugodora) Lv. 50
    Crobat (Keese) Lv. 48
    Electabuzz (ZAPRONG) Lv. 47 (Its Duking's...)
    Sharpedo (Tetra) Lv. 48

At the moment I've put Zaprong in the PC to make room for Lugia when I catch him.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Let's see. I just got the OMG Mt. Battle is under attack! News, and I'm just about the head up Mt. Battle and do some challenges.

But I've been meaning to watch The Sword in the Stone, so I think I'll get a set of Pokemon I don't want to bother to purify and do the walking glitch while I watch.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

In XD, I'm currently going through ONBS while it's occupied by cipher. However, I took a brief break to take the colosseum challenge, where I snagged a Makhuta I had missed earlier from Miror B. That dude looks really creepy in this game.

In Colosseum, I'm just about to go to the under, but I'm currently on Mt. Battle doing some leveling so I can get a few key players up to speed.

I fainted Entei in my first battle against him, but I'll wait to do the Master Ball trick. I caught them all legitimately my first time through, so now I claim the right to exploit glitches.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

I've reached the end of the game, and my team consists of level 100 Espeon, level 100 Umbreon, level 80 Meganium, level 60 Raikou, level 60 Entei and level 60 Suicune.

I've recently reached the Cipher Key Lair on XD and have reached the Cipher Peon who possessed the Shadow Butterfree and Tangela. Up to this point, i've snagged every Pokemon at the Lair and have decided to make Tangela a permanent acquisition to my team. I now have three team members who were going to be on my scramble challenge that I decided to abandon (Espeon, Ampharos and Tangela) - how ironic. Anyway, next time I play, I hope to sweep through the rest of the Lair and defeat Gorigan before making more progress.

Current Team:
    Apollo (Espeon) - Lv35
    Candy (Ampharos) - Lv34
    Lunar (Mightyena) - Lv32/33
    Firefox (Vulpix) - Lv34
    Flipper (Seel) - Lv34
    Tangela

I've just beaten Miror B at the Cave Pokespot on XD (and I love the new animations for Miror B!) and I'm currently thinking of the best way to purify my shadow pokemon.

Current team
    Jolteon
    Houndour (Purified)
    Ariados (Purified)
    Spheal (Purified)
    Baltoy (Purified)
    Nuzleaf (Purified)

Credit for the banner goes to Aurealis
    Married to the wonderful Blue Snover § Paired with the excellent Wormow

Credit for the Snow Orchid Ribbon goes to Ayra, a gift requested by my ever-thoughtful Snowy

I'm currently trying to get a Modest serene grace Togepi; it's taking longer than I anticipated. I was planing on trying for a shiny one, but I want to hurry up and get to Lugia. Of course if I shiny one shows up first then I'll just keep that instead.

Speaking of Lugia, Im planing on SR'ing for a shiny one. Can anyone confirm if you can tell if it's shiny straight away (do the orange orbs circle around it as it appears like other shinies?) or do you have to actually purify it to tell.

I've read two different threads on the forum, and they both said different things (one said you'd see the orange orbs when it appears, the other said you have to purify shadow Lugia first) It's all rather confusing. ^^;

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Personally Heliotrope I think you can only tell if Lugia is shiny when you've purified it. However I'm sure Chaos/Bobandbill will be along in good time and set us right

Edit: Rank up!

Credit for the banner goes to Aurealis
    Married to the wonderful Blue Snover § Paired with the excellent Wormow

Credit for the Snow Orchid Ribbon goes to Ayra, a gift requested by my ever-thoughtful Snowy

playing thru XD for the 3rd time, just killing time until plat. comes out. also trying to get better natured stuff. i lucked out (at least i think so) the 2nd time thru & got an adamant lugia. been playing for about two solid weeks, now on citidark island. got the togepi purified, & REALLY lucked out. it's serene grace, calm natured...(YAY ME!!) that sucker will be traded to emerald & cloned within an inch of its life first chance i get. then hordel can have it back. i have to wait until this weekend to finish the rest of citidark. (real life & all that)
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

I beat both games, but I have all the Shadow Pokemon purified for Pokemon XD. Unfortunately, I do not have all the shadow pokemon for Collesium.

I started playing one my XD save files two days ago (Which I had forgotten about for about a year). When I turned on, the file had just caught Zangoose from... that guy... with the bad name... Now, I've reached Citadark Isle and I'm about to fight the guys with Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. So far, I have only missed snagging one Pokemon (A Rapidash that apparently doesn't like CriticalHit Bites).

Team:
    Lv 39 Jolteon -Main Powerhouse / Electric / Dark Attacks
    Lv 41 Dusclops -Special Defense Wall / Status Producer / Helping Hander
    Lv 40 Dewgong -Water / Ice Attacks / Helping Hander
    Lv 39 Ninetales -Fire Attacks / Helping Hander
    Lv 40 Breloom -Status Producer/ False Swipe / Physical Powerhouse
    Lv 41 Pupitar -Stat Builder / Physical Powerhouse

...Far over the hilltops, the Sun may shine, but there is a Storm brewing beyond the sea...

UserBar made by me and Rolling Pokeballs Animated by me

^ To be fair all of the people on Colosseum/XD have terrible and unrealistic names lol.

Anyway, I haven't done an awful lot on XD since my last update a few months/posts ago largely due to losing interest and having college work and generally better things to do. However, I managed to clear the Cipher Key Lair and had a pretty interesting battle against Gorigan. My Seel evolved into Dewgong prior to the battle (against one of the Peons), and when I did battle Gorigan, I managed to defeat all of his Pokemon before he sent out his Shadow Hypno and Primeape. It took me ages to catch them, with them taking out most of my party, but after a while they gave in lol.

I forget how much of the game is left at this point now, but if memory serves from 3 years ago, I only have to fix the Mecha Kyogre before being able to travel to Citadark Isle seeing as my shiny new Shadow radar on my PDA lists only Pokemon catchable on Citadark. Before I go there though, I think i'll purify Tangela and evolve Vulpix with a Fire Stone.

Current Team:
    Espeon (Apollo)
    Ampharos (Candy)
    Mightyena (Lunar)
    Vulpix (Firefox)
    Dewgong (Flipper)
    Tangela
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 15th December 2008 at 7:13 PM.

Following on from my last post, I have now beaten Master Greevil, finished the first round of the Orre Colosseum and caught ALL of the Shadow Pokemon (First time in XD!). -And all in the same day!

Greevil was barely a challenge, most of his Pokemon succumbbed to my Lv55 Tyrani-tank and 53 Ninetales. On my first try, I caught Lugia (obviously), Articuno, Zapdos and Tauros - More than 50% of his arsenal.

After watching the credits pass, I got to work, transferring some of my better Pokemon from Emerald (A Lv100 Scizor w/False Swipe works wonders to round up Shadow Pokemon). I caught the rest of Greevils Pokemon with ease, thanks to Scizor and an over-powered Mewtwo.

Aswell as transferring Scizor and Mewtwo, my 'Explosive' Double Battle Squad came over to XD. Utilising the epic of Explosion, I was able to make short work of the first Orre Colosseum Round (apart from a mischevious Misdrevus).

Suddenly, my Mirror Radar sounded - He was at Gateon Port! Watching his funky-fresh disco moves for the last time, I sent him packing, while I got Dragonite!

I took a slight detour to get a Lucky Egg...

So now, with only 4 Pokemon to purify (In the chambers as I write), Cipher stompped into the ground and the Orre Colosseum begging me to come back for another can of -whupp-a*s, I am premeturely calling my game finished. I leave you with the team which beat Greevil once and for all, and wish everyone else luck with their own challenges.

Lv 53 Jolteon
    Lv 52 Breloom
    Lv 53 Ninetales
    Lv 55 Tyranitar
    Lv 53 Dewgong
    Lv 54 Dusclops

Thanks. PocketmonMaster.

...Far over the hilltops, the Sun may shine, but there is a Storm brewing beyond the sea...

UserBar made by me and Rolling Pokeballs Animated by me

I had a random urge to play XD today, so I picked up my game in hopes of getting Totodile from Mt. Battle. I had last saved at the Orre Colosseum, where I had got murdered at (I hate that place so much). I only got to Zone 17 before I called it quits. My random urge didn't last long.

Team (All pokemon are nicknamed with their names lowercased):

Lv. 100 Absol
    Lv. 100 Meganium
    Lv. 100 Flygon
    Lv. 100 Rhydon (named Rhy)
    Lv. 100 Gyarados
    Lv. 100 Crobat

Meh...

I'm working on a team for the orre collosseum, I HATE THAT PLACE! I've reached area 9 on Mt. Battle.
    team:
    Flareon lv60
    Salamence lv60
    Sharpedo lv60
    Dusclops lv60
    Claydol lv59
    Scizor lv55
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

ive been sick for today and yesterday so i restarted my XD game beacuse:

1. Its fun
    2.i lost my data on memory card
    3.i want a lugia (I have gotten shadow lugia on my previous file but sadly instead of catching ALL the shadow pokemon....i only caught the ones i wanted...therefore i could not re-arange the tempo in the chamber to all 9 sets to purify it.....so im going back again catching all of them...)

I just got to the entrance of the key chiper lair. After i beat it i will go to mt. battle and train to lv 40-50 before heading to citadark.

my team is..:

Bolt the Jolteon lv 34
    @Magnet
    -Quick attack
    -Double kick
    -T-wave
    -Shock wave

Glacier the Sealeo lv 35
    @ Nevermeltice
    -Ice beam
    -water pulse
    -Body slam
    -FORGOT (it was useless anyway)

Bear the Ursarang lv 34
    @nothing
    -Return (so uber...im not joking...)
    -B-Break
    -Faint attack
    -Rest

Shiftry the Shiftry lv 34
    -Giga drain (also uber )
    -Bullet seed
    -Fake out
    -Secret power

.R.I.P.

Ariados the Ariados lv 26
    @nothing
    -Signal beam (this thing destroyed but discarded him)
    -Forget
    -Dig
    -Forget

i use bolt mostly for snagging because of t-wave...

anyway...bye for now..

I just captured a Salamance from Mirror B after accidentaly making it faint over at Citadark Isle. Waiting for the Moltres to crop up with him and then Dragonite. Just to finally have snagged them all.

^Uh, you know that you can get Moltres by battling Greevil again...

Anyways, I picked up my game for the first time in a few months. I caught XD001 with a Masterball (since it wouldn't shake at all in an ultra ball). Then I caught all of Greevil's pokemon. I purified them and traded them to Sapphire, FireRed, and Emerald to migrate over to Diamond. Now I'm going to restart my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Phoenix View Post
    ^Uh, you know that you can get Moltres by battling Greevil again...
    Well now I do, thanks ;P

I restarted the game for my scramble challenge. I took the Moon Shard for Eevee and evolved it. Sadly, none of my pokemon are avaliable yet so I had to use Poochyena as the second battler. I got him purified with ease in Agate, and got to Vander on Mt. Battle quickly. Now I'm battling the Hexagon Brothers outside of the Cipher HQ/Lab place, with the Shadow Houndour as Poochyena's replacement.

Just finnished Purifying all pokemon in Colo by using essences.

Also I wasted my Masterball on TOGETIC!!!
    This is what happened:
    His pokemon out(His last)
    Gyrados Togetic

Flygon Suicune
    Mine.

So First turn.
    FLYGON used HYPER BEAM on GYRADOS
    GYARADOS used THUNDERBOLT on SUICUNE
    SUICUNE used REST.
    SUICUNE fell asleep!
    TOGETIC used SHADOW RUSH on FLYGON
    SUICUNE woke up due to its chesto berry.

2'nd turn.
    On Suicune's turn I select to use the Master ball on togetic and want to use the MB glitch to transfer it to my Emerald.
    I forget that Flygon uses Hyperbeam and only found out that after I purifyed it and saved. DAMNIT! D=<
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

I just had a quick question, I started a new file for Colo yesterday because I've been sick and was wondering if it's at all possible to get shinies in it? Second is it worth attempting if they are available? And lastly is it recommended to use Entei and other other legendary dogs or wait to transfer them and EV train?

Thanks in advance for all comments and answers.
    4 TRU Modest, Quiet, Relaxed, and Serious (all UT)
    3 TRU Calm, Hasty, Quirky (all UT)
    (Adamant) 17/31/21/21/23/31 (not shiny)
    Current Shinies:
    If interested in any, leave me a message or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBreeder7190 View Post
    I just had a quick question, I started a new file for Colo yesterday because I've been sick and was wondering if it's at all possible to get shinies in it? Second is it worth attempting if they are available? And lastly is it recommended to use Entei and other other legendary dogs or wait to transfer them and EV train?

Thanks in advance for all comments and answers.
    Your question about shinies is answered best in the first post of this thread. As for using the legendary dogs, i'd say it's up to you whether you use them in-game or when you can transfer them. My Suicune was a force to be reckoned with on my Colosseum file, but if you'd prefer to leave them for EV training then that is up to you .

As for my XD file, i've not made much headway since infiltrating the Cipher Key Lair and installing the Shadow Pokemon blueprints for Citadark Isle onto my PDA. I guess the prospect of catching all the Shadow Pokemon in one go is a heavy one considering the pressures I already have from my school work lol. When I do go ahead, I will make sure to post here.

I'm currently playing Colosseum and am leveling up some of my Pok&#233;mon at Mt. Battle before moving on with the storyline. I have reached Area 9 so far and all my Pok&#233;mon are in the mid to late 40 level range. I'm hoping to beat Mt. Battle before too long...
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 182 hours 30 minutes, 93 owned, 162 seen, no shinies.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast