Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness Recent Happenings Thread V2

I just beat Realgam tower for the first time because I took the time to train at Mt. Battle. Espeon and Heracross were the heads of the team, with Suicune, Meganium, Houndoom, and Altaria as the support. I'm now in the Shadow PKMN Lab trying to snag Qwilava. I've snagged every pokemon except for Qwilava, Skarmory, Smeargle, Ursaring, Shuckle, and Togetic. I can't wait to FINALLY beat this game, considering I've had it since it came out. I've purified 10 pokemon... being Heracross, Suicune, Raikou, Meganium, Houndoom, Altaria, Mantine, Misdreavus, Hariyama, and Furrett. Others are getting there, but most have not been. Fun times.
    I scream in the night for you... Don't make it true...Don't Jump....
    The Lights will not guide you through, they're deceiving you, please don't jump...
    Don't let memories go of me and you, the World is down there, out of view... Please...Don't Jump... Don't Jump!

... And if all that can't hold you back... Then I'll jump for you.

I just snagged Suicune from Lady Venus. Also caught Ledian, I think that was it. I am now stuck on Stantler. GR! It keeps on killing it's self with Shadow Rush. Curse this staircase full of shadow Pokemon... but if I want that darn Ho-oh...

Started playing Pokemon on December 29th, 2003. I have watched the anime and collected the cards for as long as I can remember.

HG Progress: 15 Badges!

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

Just restarted XD, and chose Espeon as my Eeveelution
    Pokemon Platinum FC - 5370-7519-9663
    Pokemon HeartGold FC - 2879-9255-7367
    Pokemon FireRed Pokedex
    150 Caught 150 Seen

Just murdered Ardos on XD (blue Cipher admin). Wasn't too hard; Snorlax gave me some trouble though.
    Question: Is it worth it to buy a GBA (39 euros) and a link cable (5 euros) just to get Lugia and other XD Poké's on my Emerald?

I was working on getting the last two shadow pokemon for my XD so that I could trade off my team and start a new game, but then I realized that I had already cleaned out my colosseum of all the good pokes, so I decide to start over on colosseum instead. Lol, I dunno why but it just starts to bug me when I have too many games that are unfinished. So when I started colosseum over again I got lucky and got a timid espeon right off the bat (and a lonely umbreon). Other than that I think this game hates me, giving me a misdrevous with a nature that boosts attack, a jolly slugma (its so slow anyway there's no point), an adament plusle, a modest furret, and a flaffy with a nature that reduces special attack, just to name a few. I'm almost to the point of getting entei, and I'm going to save right before the battle, so after I get it and walk around for a while I'll be able to see what the nature is or if I want to try for a different nature (did that with a few pokes that I knew that I wanted in my team).

Edit: Just recently caught entei and decided to keep it regardless of what the nature would be. It kept on almost killing itself and even when I used altaria's sing I barely caught it when it had 1 hp left. I looked at the stats after and since its attack stat was pretty high I hoped that it might have an attack boosting nature. I took entei with me while I did some training at mt. battle and after a while discovered that it was adament natured . That more than makes up for all of the other prevous natures that I have gotten so far. I'll probably keep it on colosseum until I beat the game, but I'll trade it over to emerald to check its ivs and possibly iv train it before it reaches lvl 100.
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 12th June 2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

i feel SO accomplished i Purified all pokemon and got Celebi*i got Jappanese Version*
    <insert Witty catch phrase hear>

Huzzah! After getting the game 3 days ago, I blasted through as much as I could, and wound up face to face with XD001. Snagged him already, and made it to Greevil...and have failed the last two times.

It rough trying to get a UT set of the Shadow Pokemon for trades..I might have to go train a bit before I try taking him on again. I'm almost out of money...and seriously gonna get a raeg attack if I fail again....

Still playing Colosseum and I'm still leveling up all of my Pok&#233;mon at Mt. Battle before moving on with the storyline. I have now reached Area 10 so do not have far to go before I complete this challenge. My Pok&#233;mon are now currently in the mid 50 level range.
    Currently playing : Ruby - Play time: 269 hours 24 minutes, 282 owned, 325 seen, no shinies.

I recently found my Colosseum, and when I turned it on I was surprised to find that I had no Espeon or Umbreon on it. Also, I went on XD to check some things, and I saw I had Hooh! I am very confused though, because I don't remeber doing the 100 battle things to get him :|.

Diamond FC: 2578-8698-9036 Name: Gaige
    Platinum FC: 0302-7939-8092 Name: Gaige

Started a new Colosseum file about a week ago. Recently snagged Aipom in the Shadow Pokemon Laboratory but I've decided to do some training before continuing. Currently training Typhlosion who is on Lv. 50 and Altaria on Lv. 49 at Mt. Battle.
    Last edited by Shadow Tepi 8; 6th July 2009 at 1:49 PM.
    The colours I had have faded and I've been wanting to tell you
    That there's no significance to it.
    Even though the dawn no longer comes, and I cannot hear you again,
    I'm still hoping for the day that we can truly smile again.

Celluloid ~ Miku Hatsune
    Credit to my real-life friend, Isabelle

I've started playing for about the first time in a year. (I only have XD). I beat the required battles in Mt. Battle and saw I had to go to the Cipher Lab. After seeing the goofball Hexagon Brothers, I snagged their Shadow Pokemon. I traversed the lab and made it to one guy with a Carvanha. Took about 10 minutes to capture his S.P. and beat this guy, but I did. Faced Naps and barily won. Finally, as I was going to heal, Lovrina appeared from the elevator I was going to take.. I didn't want to continue so I stopped.
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

^I did the same stuff^

Started playing my friends XD, and did all the usual stuff. Evolved Eevee into Vaporeon, but dropped it later for Spheal. The Hexagon Bros have such useless pokemon. Snagged Houndoor. Beat all the trainers in the Cipher Lab, lost to the Carvanha. Barely scraped by Lovrina. Somehow a lvl 15 Shroomish with Mega Drain beat her Delcatty thanks to Sleep from effect spore and a critical hit. Saved and stopped.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I managed to defeat Naps and went east toward the Healing Machine. Healed up then faced Lovrina. Her Luvdisc fell to a T-Shock, Beautifly fell to an Ember, Roselia felt the psychicness of a Psywave and Delcatty was captured with 30% health. I purified 8 different S.P. and am working on the other four in Pyrite Town.

Pokedex progress

I've done a fair bit in Colosseum since my last post.

I'm currently saved at Mt. Battle, training up my team before I battle Dakim at Realgam Tower. Speaking of Dakim, I've still yet to snag his Entei.

I'll probably stop training my team when they reach Lv. 70. My current main team is:
    ~ Espeon Lv. 78
    ~ Flygon Lv. 76
    ~ Typhlosion Lv. 65
    ~ Umbreon Lv. 62
    ~ Suicune Lv. 61
    ~ Ampharos Lv. 59

Celluloid ~ Miku Hatsune

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Tepi 8 View Post
    My current main team is:
    ~ Espeon Lv. 78
    ~ Flygon Lv. 76
    ~ Typhlosion Lv. 65
    ~ Umbreon Lv. 62
    ~ Suicune Lv. 61
    ~ Ampharos Lv. 59
    Wow. That's identical to my first ever Colosseum playthrough team.

As for me, I started only my second Colosseum file the other day since having the game way back in 2004. So far I have reached Pyrite Town and snagged all of the Shadow Pokemon that the trainers on the Battle Square owned. Out of the Johto starters, Bayleef was my choice rather than Quilava this time around and i feel that her sturdiness and ability to use SunnyBeam may be really helpful. I'm currently unsure how my final team will end up, but at any rate I aim to enjoy this playthrough as much as possible.

Current team:
    Espeon - Lv 28
    Umbreon - Lv 29
    Bayleef - Lv 30 (SHADOW)
    Quagsire - Lv 30 (SHADOW)

Well, I was transferring all my pokemon to Pokemon Ruby and then to Diamond. I stopped for a month or so after all my good pokemon were transfered. Then, I really wanted to play through the game again. But then the unthinkable happened....

I lost my gamecube remote. ]: Have no idea how this happened.

I really want to play XD again! It's my favorite Pokemon game of all time. The 3D animation....the eevee starters....all the fire pokemon. Wonderful. :]

My team, at the end of the game, was something like this:
    Flareon - lvl 63
    Houndoom - lvl 56
    Salamence - lvl 59
    Manectric - lvl 55
    Lapras - lvl 56
    Rapidash - lvl 54

Not very balanced but I love playing with my favorites. Now, my wonderful Flareon is at level 87 on Diamond. Man, I miss XD.

UPDATE: Found my controller! Re-starting XD tonight!
    Last edited by Bestemnx; 30th July 2009 at 2:40 AM.
    xoxFlareon

Lets see..... where did I leave off? Oh thats right, the battle with Lovrina. She was a tough one.. After that I healed, and snagged the rest of the Hexagon Bros pokemon. Purified some to set up the Purification Chamber. (Vaporeon>Houndoor>Nuzleaf>Sandshrew) Anyway, my team is constantly changing so I can't remember who I had at certain points. Beat the part in Pyrite, and currently clearing Cipher out of Phenac. My pokemon range about LVL 22-28.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I spent some time purifying Carvanha, Seedot, Delcatty, and Spinarak. Seedot evolved into Nuzleaf but I forgot what moves it learned. I now have 12/14 Pokemon purified and saw in a post eariler theirs a Sandshrew before Pyrite Town. Finally, I reunited a mother and child and liberated a rooftop with news delivered to Nebs.

Pokedex progress

Well seeing that half my gameboy team was in XD i decided to train them. So i cleared Mt Battle.... From Stage 1 - 100 it took me... 3 hrs... Including Breaks... Then after that i goofed around and went to Pyrite Town (Where all the trainers are) and battled them all... Then i went to go to the Colleseum and realised that i should raise my team some more before going in... So now right now my Character is in front Of Mt.Battle again

I started my journey on XD again and boy, I forgot how much I loved this game. I chose Jolteon as my eeveelution considering the fact that I've never trained a Spheal before but have trained a Mareep.

I am currently at the Cipher lab trying to find Lovrina. I have caught all shadow pokemon so far and have purified about 6 of them.

My team, currently, is:
    Jolteon - lvl 18 [Thundershock, Bite, Sand-Attack, Thunder Wave]
    Houndour(Chunk)- lvl 18 [Ember, Faint Attack, Charm, something]
    Spheal(Ceru) - lvl 19 [Aurora Beam, Water Gun, Charm, Body Slam]
    Nuzelf(Dot) - lvl 18 [Bullet Seed, some other moves]
    Baltoy - lvl 17+
    Mareep - lvl 17+

Hoping to purify Mareep and Baltoy before the big battle. I played four about 4 hours straight last night and hoping to do another tonight.

Question: Is there a nickname rater on XD? Is there any way to change my Jolteon's name? Thanks. Edit: Found him, sorry. He's in the daycare center in Agate.
    Last edited by Bestemnx; 30th July 2009 at 10:54 PM.
    xoxFlareon

While getting Cipher out of Phenac I battled the Hexagon Bros again hoping for new pokemon to snag but nope. Finally made it to the Admin, and was beaten twice. Left, evolved Spheal and Teddiursa and crushed him. I never realised how great Usaring is! Did the stuff after that. Spoke to Nett, tried to save Bonsly, got mugged by the Snagem weirdos, and finally found Zook, but sadly could not snag Zangoose. Have been hopping around Orre finding random hideouts and rusted trains. Currently purifying Togepi for Elekid.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I managed to discover the three Poke Spots with Dukings help. I realized something about Duking and his monitor that he made: A stumbling of words made me realize that he probably didn't invent it himself, despite his claims. I captured Zubat, Skiploom, Sandshrew, Phanphy, and Trapinch on ten given pieces of food. I also purified the little fighter Spinarak and wonder when it will be evolution time. Right now I'm in the ONBS station trying to rescue the receptionist and will continue later today.

Pokedex progress

It's nice to see that the Genius Sonority games are regaining a little popularity.

Not made any progress on Colosseum since my last post, but i've been wandering around on XD waiting for some Pokemon to appear at the Oasis Pokespot, so I can catch them and then trade them over to my Emerald. Then I can transfer some of my valued Pokemon over to XD and start my Emerald again for the first time in ages lol. After doing that and completing Colosseum, I think i'll begin to work on purifying the Pokemon on both games.

In other news, i've been killing some time waiting for the Pokemon to appear by battling the Hexagon Bros. over and over to level up my team. I've yet to snag Zapdos from Greevil as he wipes the floor with my team before I can snag it (half the reason why I couldn't snag it first time around with his other Shadows), so hopefully a little training will help.

Colosseum team:
    Espeon - Lv28
    Umbreon - Lv29
    Bayleef - Lv30 (SHADOW)
    Quagsire - lv30 (SHADOW)

Location - Pyrite Town

XD Team:
    Apollo the Espeon - Lv47
    Candy the Ampharos - Lv45
    Firefox the Ninetales - Lv46
    Flipper the Dewgong - Lv43
    Spaghetti the Tangela - Lv42
    Phunt the Donphan - Lv38

Location - Cipher Lab (pwning the Hexagon Bros... repeatedly)
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 31st July 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Wow. That's identical to my first ever Colosseum playthrough team.
    Well great minds think alike

I decided to train Typhlosion and Umbreon at Mt. Battle (like always) today. Typhlosion and Umbreon are now on Lv. 75 and 72, respectively. I'll probably leave them at those levels for now.

Other than that I took a break from training my team and withdrew Pokemon that were still Shadow from the PC. I got around to purifying 5 Shadow Pokemon today. They were: Noctowl, Quagsire, Misdreavus, Slugma and Furret. I also got Slugma to evolve from all the experience gained.

My current main team is:
    ~ Espeon Lv. 78
    ~ Flygon Lv. 76
    ~ Typhlosion Lv. 75
    ~ Umbreon Lv. 72
    ~ Suicune Lv. 61
    ~ Ampharos Lv. 59

Celluloid ~ Miku Hatsune

Finally finished XD yesterday. After I purified Togepi, got a Male Elekid. Beat everyone in sight to prepare for Greevil. Lugia was caught in my Masterball, and on the third try, caught his team in Ultra/Timer balls. Currently trying to beat Orre Colloseum to unlock the Lucky Egg mission.

My final team:
    Bear (Ursaring) - Return/Brick Break/Faint Attack/Rest
    Bubbles (Walrein) - Water Pulse/Aurora Beam/Body Slam/Rest

Currently trying to get all nine chambers with perfect tempo, all I got so far is 4. I have 24 purified of a total of 40 pokemon in my possession.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast