Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1236

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

I'm not sure if this is where this would go, but my bf bought me a bunch of games and gave me $100, I really want some more games, he got me InFAMOUS, God of War Saga, Resident Evil 6, and Shadow of the Damned, and I really love them, so any recommendations similar to those.
    Me and my Husband(I finally got married!!!) share this PSN account.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaRyan View Post
    I'm not sure if this is where this would go, but my bf bought me a bunch of games and gave me $100, I really want some more games, he got me InFAMOUS, God of War Saga, Resident Evil 6, and Shadow of the Damned, and I really love them, so any recommendations similar to those.
    Uncharted dual pack is a good choice. If you like Shadows of the Damned then maybe Dead Island might be up your alley. Try out the demos for those games on your PS3 before you buy. It really helps you decide if you want the game or not.

Prototype is a Infamous type game but I personally don't think its as good.

I can think of a few others but they don't match up to Sony's first party offerings imo. Can't think of any game similar to Resident Evil without going backward to Resident Evil 5 or 4. Maybe Dead Space series?

Maybe someone else can recommend you games better than me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Uncharted dual pack is a good choice. If you like Shadows of the Damned then maybe Dead Island might be up your alley. Try out the demos for those games on your PS3 before you buy. It really helps you decide if you want the game or not.

Prototype is a Infamous type game but I personally don't think its as good.

I can think of a few others but they don't match up to Sony's first party offerings imo. Can't think of any game similar to Resident Evil without going backward to Resident Evil 5 or 4. Maybe Dead Space series?

Maybe someone else can recommend you games better than me lol.
    I've played the first Uncharted and didn't really like it, but I have Gamefly, so I'll rent the others to try them. The one on PSVita is kinda fun.
    I own Dead Island, and I pre-ordered Riptide not too long ago.
    I'll try Prototype and Dead Space too, and I got RE5: Gold Edition free on PS+.

I've played the first Uncharted and didn't really like it, but I have Gamefly, so I'll rent the others to try them. The one on PSVita is kinda fun.
    I own Dead Island, and I pre-ordered Riptide not too long ago.
    I'll try Prototype and Dead Space too, and I got RE5: Gold Edition free on PS+.
    Uncharted 2 was GOTY for a reason. I highly recommend it as it improves on the first so much and you can get it for a cheap price or rent them.

Oh you have a Vita nice.

BTW God of War: Ascension is coming out so keep an eye out for that as you do like God of War. Darksiders might be a good option as well for action games and since THQ is facing tough times you can get their games relatively cheap.

Uncharted 2 was GOTY for a reason. I highly recommend it as it improves on the first so much and you can get it for a cheap price or rent them.

Oh you have a Vita nice.

BTW God of War: Ascension is coming out so keep an eye out for that as you do like God of War. Darksiders might be a good option as well for action games and since THQ is facing tough times you can get their games relatively cheap.

There's another God of War game coming out? Awesome!!!!!

I've rented Darksiders before and I plan on renting it again, I remember I rented it one time last year and it was alright, I might give that another go.

Is it worth it to get both Knights of the Old Republic games for 10 bucks? And if not, which is the better one?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Is it worth it to get both Knights of the Old Republic games for 10 bucks? And if not, which is the better one?
    Its worth it to get both for story alone. I got both for $7 but $10 isn't bad at all. The first KOTOR isn't very pretty but man does the story make up for it. Also the combat system is very fun imo.

If you do plan to get the second one, be sure to download the TSL Restored Content Mod. It shipped out incomplete due to LucasFarts' meddling, and Obsidian was nice enough to put the files out for modders to finish.

My little stepbrother has autism and thus has trouble playing a lot of games. Can anyone recommend some wii games that might suit him a little better without boring him (and me) to tears?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Just a quick question for pretty much anyone, do you think it is necessary to get a game on its release day. Because just in the next 2 months there are to many games coming out that I want to get.

Such as: Fire Emblem: Awakening, SCII: Heart of the Swarm, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, PMD: Gates to Infinity, and Lego City: Undercover.

Here I am still trying to enjoy the games I got for my Wii U for Christmas and still playing Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    Just a quick question for pretty much anyone, do you think it is necessary to get a game on its release day. Because just in the next 2 months there are to many games coming out that I want to get.

Such as: Fire Emblem: Awakening, SCII: Heart of the Swarm, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, PMD: Gates to Infinity, and Lego City: Undercover.

Here I am still trying to enjoy the games I got for my Wii U for Christmas and still playing Skyrim.

well its never necessary to get a game on release just people who really cant wait and want the game get it on release

Infamous: the only thing similar I know of it is Prototype, but that's already suggested

God of War: the combat system (and many mechanics) in Dante's Inferno is very similar to G.o.W.. Bayonetta has some similaries- fights are in 3rd person, and usually done with blades or other melee weapons. However, the style of the game may be not be right for everyone (that is the actions and dialogue of cut scene could be seen as odd)

Resident Evil 6: F.E.A.R. might work- it's somewhat of a horror shooter, but not constantly supernatural. Should be cheap, though (<$10). Left 4 Dead is a constant zombie kill fest, and might work well if you're playing games with your friend (there's an emphasis on teamwork, but your team can be real people or A.I.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    My opinion is no, but I wouldn't ridicule someone either way. Do whatever you want.

Personally, I usually wait until a game gets cheaper, unless it's something I'm dying to play (outside of pokemon, the only time I can think of this happening is with Arkham City). Also, waiting means you're less likely to have to deal with bugs that may emerge right after release.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I don't get why people have to but games on release date either, especially if they don't even know 100% if it will be good.
    ~marioluigifan05

The Witcher 2. its not exactly new but its the best game ever. Also get Crysis 3. I preordered it and amazon dispatched it early so i got it early, and its amazing. make sure you upgrade your pc to play it though.

Which is better, the Devil may Cry HD Collection or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? I've played a few stealth games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I don't have a lot of experience with hack n' slash games other than the DmC demo (which I found fun, if a little easy).

Which is better, the Devil may Cry HD Collection or the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? I've played a few stealth games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I don't have a lot of experience with hack n' slash games other than the DmC demo (which I found fun, if a little easy).
    The DMC HD collection series will chew you in and spit you out as tiny pieces of meat. Except DMC 2 which is terrible and you shouldn't play it at all.

The DMC HD collection series will chew you in and spit you out as tiny pieces of meat. Except DMC 2 which is terrible and you shouldn't play it at all.
    I've heard that, but are they worth the money once you get the hang of it?

I've heard that, but are they worth the money once you get the hang of it?
    Yes, look up youtube videos of gameplay only. I've drowned over 30 hours in DMC 1 and another 50 in DMC 3. I played DMC 2 for about 2 hours, I want those 2 hours back lol.

I'm torn between these games
    a)Pokemon mystery dungeon (the new one)
    b) Fire emblem Awakening.
    c)Luigi Mansion 2

Which one? I may be able to get another one in the future but not confirmed as of now
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    c)Luigi Mansion 2

Which one? I may be able to get another one in the future but not confirmed as of now
    I always liked Luigi's Mansion so that would be a top one for me its fun and stars Luigi pretty much catching ghosts.The new PMD is ok but your're limited to mostly Unova pokemon a much smaller amount of pokemon and only pikachu as a starter that's not Unova so if you love Unova I'd get that I like Unova though.As for fire emblem I cannot say since I never played it.

I also need help Should I get Legend of Zelda orginal from the Eshop or Legend of Zelda ll Adventure of Link I've never played either and I'm torn.
    Last edited by munchlaxguy; 24th March 2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    I always liked Luigi's Mansion so that would be a top one for me its fun and stars Luigi pretty much catching ghosts.The new PMD is ok but your're limited to mostly Unova pokemon a much smaller amount of pokemon and only pikachu as a starter that's not Unova so if you love Unova I'd get that I like Unova though.As for fire emblem I cannot say since I never played it.

I also need help Should I get Legend of Zelda orginal from the Eshop or Legend of Zelda ll Adventure of Link I've never played either and I'm torn.
    Well i crossed the new PMD off my list ^^
    You should get the original. I have both on my 3ds because of the ambassador program, and i honestly like the first one more then the second one
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    c)Luigi Mansion 2

Fire Emblem will be more of an investment than Luigi's Mansion in terms of time, and will also test your patience more. Get Fire Emblem if you like JRPGs, their stories/characters, and turn-based combat. Get Luigi's Mansion if you like exploration and the humor of the Mario RPGs. If you can get one and later the other, I'd recommend Fire Emblem now since it'll keep you busier for longer. Both are fun and accessible games if they're your kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy
    Zelda II is often considered to be the worst Zelda game. It's very difficult and obtuse with some hair-tearingly annoying challenges. I'd definitely recommend the original Zelda, which is tough and lacks hand-holding by today's standards, but is much more rewarding. Just don't be afraid to consult a guide if you're stumped.

I'd like to get some new games for my 3DS, all I have right now is Link's Awakening and FE:A. Should I get Luigi's Mansion 2, Etrian Odyssey 4, or Monster Hunter?

I've played some dungeon crawlers, but I've heard Etrian Odyssey is mostly about min/maxing and grinding for stats, and that sounds a little dull. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter but I'm left handed and when I tried the demo using my left hand to move and my right for buttons it didn't go too well. I could try rearranging my hands and trying again, though.
    Last edited by Abstinence Pistols; 30th April 2013 at 2:21 AM.

I'd like to get some new games for my 3DS, all I have right now is Link's Awakening and FE:A. Should I get Luigi's Mansion 2, Etrian Odyssey 4, or Monster Hunter?

I've played some dungeon crawlers, but I've heard Etrian Odyssey is mostly about min/maxing and grinding for stats, and that sounds a little dull. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter but I'm left handed and when I tried the demo using my left hand to move and my right for buttons it didn't go too well. I could try rearranging my hands and trying again, though.
    Monster Hunter's more bearable with a Circle Pad Pro. As for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Etrian Odyssey 4, I don't really have an opinion since I'm still very early in the former and haven't played the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Monster Hunter's more bearable with a Circle Pad Pro. As for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Etrian Odyssey 4, I don't really have an opinion since I'm still very early in the former and haven't played the latter.
    I'll look at a CPP, then.

How is the game itself? Is it fun enough without people to play it with?

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast