Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

So I think it's time for a new game.

I've been thinking between:
    Injustice: Gods Among Us
    Bioshock Infinite
    Maybe Dragons Dogma, still looking into it
    NBA 2K13
    Fable 2 or 3, my cousin recommended this, plus it's only 3 dollars
    Is Minecraft only online? Or an you buy a disc for it?
    Can't think if anything else right now.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

I haven't played Gen 5 yet and I'm debating between black or white, any suggestions?
    Black 2 FC: 2667-2901-5780

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoger25 View Post
    I haven't played Gen 5 yet and I'm debating between black or white, any suggestions?
    It just depends wat pokemons u want or not its pretty much the same one has black citadel the other has white forest. Black has Vullaby in it and White has Rufflet. And the legendarys are different in them

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoger25 View Post
    Flip a coin.

Is it worth buying Demon Soul before buying Dark Soul or should I just skip Demon Soul and just buy Dark Soul?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls aren't connected to each other story-wise, but Dark Souls contains many gameplay elements from its predecessor. However, one can get into Dark Souls without even playing Demon's Souls. Go ahead and buy Demon's Souls if you want; it's a fantastic game, but Dark Souls is pretty much a must for any RPG fan who wants a challenge.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

I might get Batman: Arkham City sometime soon. Is the Game of the Year version worth getting, or should I save myself a few pennies and get the standard version?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I'd like to get some new games for my 3DS, all I have right now is Link's Awakening and FE:A. Should I get Luigi's Mansion 2, Etrian Odyssey 4, or Monster Hunter?

I've played some dungeon crawlers, but I've heard Etrian Odyssey is mostly about min/maxing and grinding for stats, and that sounds a little dull. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter but I'm left handed and when I tried the demo using my left hand to move and my right for buttons it didn't go too well. I could try rearranging my hands and trying again, though.
    IMO, the best 3ds games so far are: tales of the abyss, Etrian Odyssey, kingdom hearts and professor Layton.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    So I think it's time for a new game.

I've been thinking between:
    Injustice: Gods Among Us
    Bioshock Infinite
    Maybe Dragons Dogma, still looking into it
    NBA 2K13
    Fable 2 or 3, my cousin recommended this, plus it's only 3 dollars
    Is Minecraft only online? Or an you buy a disc for it?
    Can't think if anything else right now.
    I got a pre-paid card at gamestop for mineceaft. It cost 20 something, just scratch off the back and put the code on the mojang website and you're good to go.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Should I pick up the Unreal Deal pack off of Steam for ten bucks, with Unreal 1 and 2 and Unreal Tournament GOTY, 2004, and 3, or just buy something off GOG? They're having an FPS sale right now, and the fare includes Serious Sam First and Second Encounter, UT2K4 (which is the main one I was interested in), and the original UT.

Serious Sam is really fun, so I would recommend picking the games up eventually. But's it's worth mentioning that both game have newer HD remakes, so you might want to look into those before making a decision on whether to pick them up on the GOG sale. (I know the Graphics jump is pretty big, but I think only the original version have a level editor)

As for the rest, I generally would say it's better to go for GOG because the games are DRM free. But the Unreal Deal is saving you boatloads of money, so unless you have major issues with steam' services, I would definitely go for that over GOG.
    Last edited by Zazie; 25th May 2013 at 6:21 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Ok guys and gals, I'm looking for a couple FPS(first person shooter) games for PS3, I've never really played many before, so I really want to get the better ones.

Hey guys what are some good GBA games you recommend me getting? Other than all the obvious Pokemon ones.

Thanks in advance.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Ok guys and gals, I'm looking for a couple FPS(first person shooter) games for PS3, I've never really played many before, so I really want to get the better ones.
    Go for Battlefield 3. Truly excellent, and for me it's difficult to go back to CoD after playing it.

I wouldn't mind playing Bioshock Infinite; should I go through and play the first two, or just jump in to Infinite?

I'm a computer science student and I just bought my first proper gaming computer (partly because I needed something more graphically recent/powerful to run my latest graphics assignments, and partly because I felt it was finally time to move from consoles to PC after... recent announcements). I've been a 360 gamer during the last generation, but I'm planning on getting a Steam account and moving to PC wholesale. In thinking about games I'm interested in that I haven't already played on 360, there are three in particular I've decided on looking in to. However, they are all very story/narrative heavy games and I've never played any other games in their respective franchises. Given that, would you recommend any of these games? Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Bioshock Infinite.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I'm a computer science student and I just bought my first proper gaming computer (partly because I needed something more graphically recent/powerful to run my latest graphics assignments, and partly because I felt it was finally time to move from consoles to PC after... recent announcements). I've been a 360 gamer during the last generation, but I'm planning on getting a Steam account and moving to PC wholesale. In thinking about games I'm interested in that I haven't already played on 360, there are three in particular I've decided on looking in to. However, they are all very story/narrative heavy games and I've never played any other games in their respective franchises. Given that, would you recommend any of these games? Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Bioshock Infinite.

Thanks guys.
    Buy all of those. They're all great games.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Thanks guys.
    I would not recommend Skyrim or Fallout 3, however, I would recommend BioShock Infinite. Skyrim becomes stale very fast, in my opinion, as well as Fallout 3. It appeals to your inner badass by not making you work for it, for one. For two, lacks depth. Sure, it's a wide-open world with pretty environments, but it's shallow as a puddle. The radiant quests, for example, are either "kill everyone in x area" or "fetch quest". For three, the writing is extremely dull. The writing is your standard high fantasy game, generic villain that you cannot connect with, and a story written by a twelve year old.

...Sorry, I went on a tangent on why I hated Skyrim. Anyway, if you really wanted to play a Fallout game, I would suggest New Vegas. Though it doesn't improve upon Fallout 3 gameplay-wise, it improves upon it character and story-wise.

So not having played 1 or 2, I won't be totally lost in Infinite? Also, since from what I understand Infinite is a prequel, is there a "best order" to play them in if I were to play 1 and 2 also? Like how people come up with preferred orders for the Star Wars movies.

So not having played 1 or 2, I won't be totally lost in Infinite? Also, since from what I understand Infinite is a prequel, is there a "best order" to play them in if I were to play 1 and 2 also? Like how people come up with preferred orders for the Star Wars movies.
    Infinite is not connected to the previous BioShock games storywise. It is only connected to it thematically and gameplay-wise.

from what I understand Infinite is a prequel
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Infinite is not connected to the previous BioShock games storywise. It is only connected to it thematically and gameplay-wise.
    Well.

It's complicated.

But no, you wouldn't be lost at all when playing Infinite because you haven't played the other Bioshocks.

Cool, thanks guys.

I'm looking for an rpg game to play on my PS Vita that has plenty of endgame content and won't become boring after a few hours. Something I can go full completionist on and won't become stale. Can anyone help? Mind you that I want one that is playable on the vita, this includes ps1 and psp games on the ps network. Are there any good games that match the description?

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Thief 2 are both on sale for five dollars on GOG.com. if I enjoy games like Civilization and Fire Emblem for HoMM, and MGS for Thief, which one is going to be more enjoyable? Or should I just save my money and get something like MGS4 or the DMC HD collection later?

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Is it worth buying Demon Soul before buying Dark Soul or should I just skip Demon Soul and just buy Dark Soul?
    You should just buy Dark Souls, because it is the most recent game. Although, it depends. Dark Souls is only available on Xbox 360 and PS3, while Demon Souls is only available on the PS3. Also, Demon Souls is cheaper. Perhaps, you could wait for Dark Souls 2 to come out.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

What game should I buy for my first 3ds game.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Are there any games that are sort of similar to Mass Effect when it comes to world-building and characters? I'm asking because I never really liked games that involve guns but Mass Effect was so much more than a shooting game and more of a space opera? I'm just wondering if there's any other games out there that gives you such a huge scope as well. Thanks! I only own a 3DS and a PS3.

Star-Lord

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast