Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1213

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

  1. #1026
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Xbox 360 VS PS3

    So confused....... so help me decide based on these factors:

    1. If I get a PS3, I want an older one so I can also play PS2 games (example: Shadow the Hedgehog, but I know it's also for the Xbox) If I get an older one, will I have enough space to download everything I want in 20 or 40G?

    2. Same with Xbox 360, I want it to be able to play old Xbox games, but only certain ones I like.

    3. I want a PS Vita, because I don't like the 3DS yet.

    4. Many of my friends have an Xbox 360 and they like to play games together like FIFA.

    5. I think Skyrim is interesting, but it's for both PS3 and Xbox. So I am leaning towards both.

    6. Playstation is the home of Final Fantasy, which I like.

    7. I'm going away for college next year, if this matters.

    8. So which series supports better games? I want to play FIFA and Skyrim like my friends, but I also like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Elder Scrolls, Sonic, and other RPGS.
    Well if you want to play FFXIII-Versus, you better buy a PS3.

    Also its way better to get a new PS3 with a free game for $300. You can always use your PS2 to play old games as they are cheap as hell.

  2. #1027
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    4. Many of my friends have an Xbox 360 and they like to play games together like FIFA.
    Get a 360.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  3. #1028
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    should I get (I only have enough for one):

    Skyrim
    Plants vs Zombies
    Resistance 3
    God of War 3
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    These are all very good games with different genres. I've played everything except Plants vs Zombies. God of War 3, GTA IV and Skyrim are the three best on your list IMO. It really depends on what you feel like playing right now. If you want to see some huge scale scenes and have bad *** boss battles, then God of War 3. If you want a huge open world to explore and learn the lore of that world while playing an engaging RPG, then Skyrim. And GTA's appeal mostly comes from just dicking around the city.

    Does anyone know of a game similar to Infamous that's not Prototype? I'm also looking for a couple more action games like Uncharted, Resident Evil 4/5 and Mass Effect (yes, I know it has RPG elements).

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  4. #1029
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    These are all very good games with different genres. I've played everything except Plants vs Zombies. God of War 3, GTA IV and Skyrim are the three best on your list IMO. It really depends on what you feel like playing right now. If you want to see some huge scale scenes and have bad *** boss battles, then God of War 3. If you want a huge open world to explore and learn the lore of that world while playing an engaging RPG, then Skyrim. And GTA's appeal mostly comes from just dicking around the city.

    Does anyone know of a game similar to Infamous that's not Prototype? I'm also looking for a couple more action games like Uncharted, Resident Evil 4/5 and Mass Effect (yes, I know it has RPG elements).
    Well you could try the sequels but if you have already played them/don't want sequels. Then Darksiders is your best bet for action games. What system btw as some action games are only on the PS3 such as Dark Souls (NOT DEMON SOULS although that is another option) I'm assuming you have a PS3 but its better to make sure.

    There is the rebooted Devil May Cry coming out so you might want to wait for that. No More Heroes is another but I wouldn't recommend it if its over $20 IMO.

    Bioshock is pretty good as an action. Suggest you buy Bioshock 2 only if you plan on getting Bioshock Infinite as it comes with Bioshock 1.

  5. #1030
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    venomoth town
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Xbox 360 VS PS3

    So confused....... so help me decide based on these factors:

    1. If I get a PS3, I want an older one so I can also play PS2 games (example: Shadow the Hedgehog, but I know it's also for the Xbox) If I get an older one, will I have enough space to download everything I want in 20 or 40G?

    5. I think Skyrim is interesting, but it's for both PS3 and Xbox. So I am leaning towards both.

    6. Playstation is the home of Final Fantasy, which I like.
    You can download quite a few Final Fantasy games on the Playstation Network as well as some PS2 games. Also it doesn't really matter about Skyrim because that is the same on both platforms.


    Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

    [IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

        Spoiler:- Challenges:


    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

    Japanese White 2 Team: *

    English Black 2 Team: *

    *MVP

  6. #1031
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines. (GMT+8)
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Hey, I have a new 3DS but only have my old game which is Pokemon Black. So... I'm thinking of buying one myself for X-Mas. I'm thinking about these: MK7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil, or should I wait for BW2? Also, can you recommend a good racing game?




    "Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

    ~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

  7. #1032
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    Is Mirror's Edge any good?

  8. #1033
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NARNIA *****ES!
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    been some time since I was here. Shall I buy Halo 4, BO2, or BW2 when they come out. I really like the idea of 8 player zombies, and I like pokemon, but I have a feeling that Halo 4 will be way better then all of its previous titles.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613


    Credit to Astral Shadow

    Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

  9. #1034
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    when you mess with us
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    been some time since I was here. Shall I buy Halo 4, BO2, or BW2 when they come out. I really like the idea of 8 player zombies, and I like pokemon, but I have a feeling that Halo 4 will be way better then all of its previous titles.
    Honestly, I'd say don't get any of them.

    Look into Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite, because those are both multi-platform titles that are really anticipated at this point. But if you want to get one off that list, I'd say probably hold off judgement on Halo 4 and BW2 until they come out and see what kinds of reviews they get. Eight-player zombies does not a game make. Plus, if you really want a good eight-player co-op game, just pick up Resistance 2 for like 15 bucks or so. Apparently the online's still pretty active.

  10. #1035
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NARNIA *****ES!
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    oh wait.....I have PS3...Doh
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613


    Credit to Astral Shadow

    Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

  11. #1036

    Default

    Borderlands 2 should be good but I think people should start saving there money for halo 4

  12. #1037
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    677

    Default

    My friend's favorite game is Call Of Duty, and I don't want him complaining to me about him not having a girlfriend want to see if I can introduce him to overall better games. I'm thinking he should get himself Minecraft. What do you all think?

  13. #1038
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    My friend's favorite game is Call Of Duty, and I don't want him complaining to me about him not having a girlfriend want to see if I can introduce him to overall better games. I'm thinking he should get himself Minecraft. What do you all think?
    I think the problem will be actually getting him into other games. What game it is matters little, but something more tasteful like Minecraft could be a good start. Maybe, since he's a little more "mainstream," have him try Skyrim or something (maybe Fallout?).
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  14. #1039
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I'm planning on picking up some RPG's to play on my PSP, but I'm not really sure where to start. I've got Birth by Sleep, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, and Crisis Core and I love them all, but I'm not sure what else to pick up. Any help would be appreciated!!

  15. #1040
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,739

    Default

    You should get Radiant Mythology, it'd a lot longer than the other two and it has a better battle system.

  16. #1041
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Oops. Definite my bad there. Those are the 3 PSP games I have, and I'm looking to expand. I feel bad for not writing clear. (Definitely love Radiant Mythology, great title.)

  17. #1042
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    886

    Default

    is it worth it to buy the Sly Collection on the PS3?

    ~

  18. #1043
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    is it worth it to buy the Sly Collection on the PS3?
    If you have never played them or don't own them then yes its worth it very much. Especially with Thieves in Time coming out.

  19. #1044
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    If you have never played them or don't own them then yes its worth it very much. Especially with Thieves in Time coming out.
    I own all three but my PS2 won't save even with a memory card.

    ~

  20. #1045
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I own all three but my PS2 won't save even with a memory card.
    Well if you have $40 lying around then buy it. Why not trade in all 3 games and get $10 credit from Gamestop and buy the Collection for about $25.

  21. #1046
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Does anyone know of any good zombie games? I have already got Left 4 Dead 2 and im thinking of getting Dead Island. Ideas?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

  22. #1047
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Check out The Walking Dead game if you're looking for something more story oriented. If you're on the PC, Killing Floor is a great multiplayer zombie game that will inevitably be on the Steam Summer Sale.

  23. #1048
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Pat View Post
    Does anyone know of any good zombie games? I have already got Left 4 Dead 2 and im thinking of getting Dead Island. Ideas?
    It depends on whether you have a PC or Xbox 360. I have Lollipop Chainsaw for the 360, (i love it!) but it's ridiculously over the top so that could be a turn-off for some people.

    I played Dead Island a couple of times at a friend's house, and it's almost impossible to complete without other people helping you over the internet co-op. Not many people play it anymore, so you'll proably have to go at it alone. Not to say that it's a bad game, but it might become too hard if you have to do it by yourself.

    And like noobers said , The Walking Dead is great too, but I'm not too fond of the game mechanics. (Think Heavy Rain, but with zombies)

  24. #1049
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    when you mess with us
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    I've had my eye on Killzone and Resistance for my PS3 for a while now. I've managed to accumulate some money by this point, so I'm thinking about buying them. I just have one question - Which from each series is the best? Specifically, this is a choice between Resistance 2 or Resistance 3, and Killzone 2 or Killzone 3. I've heard arguments for both sides, and I already know what happens at the end of all four games (I probably shouldn't have spoiled it for myself, but oh well). So basically, I'm just looking at story quality up until the end, gameplay, and multiplayer.

  25. #1050
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    969

    Default

    They both have great gameplay and multiplayer, and weak stories. Resistance's is probably less bad, but is by no means good. Although if you're looking for online multiplayer, Killzone 3 came out more recently and therefore probably has more people still playing it. Also, Killzone looks a bit sharper, if graphics are more your thing.
    They are very similar games. Iirc, I enjoyed Killzone more, but you should probably flip a coin or something.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •