Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1242

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

Looking to get some games for my PS Vita, currently I've only got Wipeout & Dissidia 012. I'm looking for something that'll last me (reason why I haven't boughten Uncharted GA or Gravity Rush), I'm not exactly looking for a fighting or racing game tho'. Any suggestions?

btw, I have LBP & Persona 4 The Golden on reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Angel View Post
    Looking to get some games for my PS Vita, currently I've only got Wipeout & Dissidia 012. I'm looking for something that'll last me (reason why I haven't boughten Uncharted GA or Gravity Rush), I'm not exactly looking for a fighting or racing game tho'. Any suggestions?

btw, I have LBP & Persona 4 The Golden on reserve
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is a great Vita game that is like the Persona series but not up to its level. Its a turn based strategy game and will eat up a lot of your time. Great to play on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is a great Vita game that is like the Persona series but not up to its level. Its a turn based strategy game and will eat up a lot of your time. Great to play on the go.
    Hmm, that's actually a game I've been meaning to get I'm just waiting for some kind of deal (most likely it'll be around the holidays) for that price to go down, it looks like a good game just not something I'm willing to spend like 40 on to find out. Any other suggestions?

Forgot to mention I've also got sound shapes

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Angel View Post
    Hmm, that's actually a game I've been meaning to get I'm just waiting for some kind of deal (most likely it'll be around the holidays) for that price to go down, it looks like a good game just not something I'm willing to spend like 40 on to find out. Any other suggestions?

Forgot to mention I've also got sound shapes
    Ahh! Something around the $30 or lower price range huh?

Little Deviants is pretty good, worse comes to worse then you can download PSP games off the PSN for $20 or less. Or even PS1 games to game on the go.

I recently got a PlayStation 2 and I have no PS2 games to play on it. (I actually have some, but all of them are little kids games that I have no interest in playing.) Here is list of games I have down of everything I can think of that I want currently, and I'm wondering if there are any games for the PS2 that are considered should be owned by everyone, or is a very good game, or any inferences made from my list.

How are the Final Fantasy games on the PS2, I know nothing about them, and how are the Ape Escape games too? And since I just thought about it, what about the Devil May Cry games, I've heard of them, but don't know anything about the gameplay.

Spoiler:- PS2 List:

Get Soulcalibur 2, the entire Ratchet and Clank series, and Tales of the Abyss. All of these games are a must-buy for any Ps2 owner.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Shadow of the Colossus is a must-own. I'd also recommend Metal Gear Solid 2, but you'd have a hard time understanding the story if you haven't played MGS1. MGS3 is a prequel, so that would be more ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    I recently got a PlayStation 2 and I have no PS2 games to play on it. (I actually have some, but all of them are little kids games that I have no interest in playing.) Here is list of games I have down of everything I can think of that I want currently, and I'm wondering if there are any games for the PS2 that are considered should be owned by everyone, or is a very good game, or any inferences made from my list.
    Haunting Ground and Jade Cocoon 2? You're set. Also, Final Fantasy X at least is good fun, especially in terms of playability. A lot of people don't like the story, but I have... not a lot of strong opinions on it except that, if the voice acting weren't so questionable for her, Yuna would probably be an okay character by endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I'd also recommend Metal Gear Solid 2, but you'd have a hard time understanding the story if you haven't played MGS1.
    I don't think it's actually possible to understand the plotline of the Metal Gear series except for the fact that there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long, silver bullet into a well-greased chamber.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I recommend Shin Megami Tensei games to anyone who enjoys JRPG's :3 Especially the Persona series (haha stuffing it to everyones faces, but they are my favorite games ever beside Pokemon).
    But I'm also looking to get some games to play. I love love loooove JRPG's with passion so I want to check out as many good ones as I can! I also like action games like Assassin's Creed. :3 I can play pretty much anything, not fan of puzzle games (Catherine was fun tho) but anything goes really!
    I have GBA, DS, PSP, PS2, Wii and PS3. Thinking about getting PSVita and 3DS once I have money to spare so if you know any good games (other than Pokemon, or Persona 4 Golden since I'm getting that) let me know.

Get Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Xillia when it comes out where you live. Both are/will be great JRPGs with excellent combat and characters. You could also pick up Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for the GBA. It is a rwally underrated Kirby game.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

I know this is a games thread, but I figured posting here would be better than making a thread...

I'm considering getting a new console for the holidays, whether it be a 360, PS3, or Wii U. Right now I'm leaning towards a PS3, but I'm still not sure. If anyone can recommend me a console, along with any games on it I might like, I would really appreciate it. My preferred genre is RPG, but I would be willing to buy other kinds of games, like racing, platformers, action, etc. No shooters, though.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I know this is a games thread, but I figured posting here would be better than making a thread...

I'm considering getting a new console for the holidays, whether it be a 360, PS3, or Wii U. Right now I'm leaning towards a PS3, but I'm still not sure. If anyone can recommend me a console, along with any games on it I might like, I would really appreciate it. My preferred genre is RPG, but I would be willing to buy other kinds of games, like racing, platformers, action, etc. No shooters, though.
    PS3 with PSN+ will give you the most bang for your buck. Black Friday is coming up and they have some really nice deals for PS3s at your local retailers. The Wii U just doesn't have the library to say that you need it right now and the 360 will set you back for online unless you are willing to pay for online MP.

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards PS3 right now. Any games I should keep an eye out for?

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards PS3 right now. Any games I should keep an eye out for?
    What do you like most? RPG's are mostly on the PS3 along with most genres. Only shooters are generally better on the Xbox and even then Resistance and Killzone are great exclusive shooters.

Like I said before, my preferred genre is RPG, but I would be willing to buy other kinds of games, like racing, platformers, action, etc. No shooters, though.

Like I said before, my preferred genre is RPG, but I would be willing to buy other kinds of games, like racing, platformers, action, etc. No shooters, though.
    Well then you will feel right at home with the PS3 so I suggest you get that for a console this year. It will cost you $200 on Black Friday if you live in the USA and comes with some great games. Also if you get PSN+ thats 12 extra games for a 3 month/ 1 year and you keep them as long as you keep renewing.

I highly recommend Dark Souls, and if you have enough cash to spare, the Artorias of the Abyss add-on for it. If you feel like it, pick up Demon's Souls as well.

However, both games are notorious for being brutal and unforgiving, but at the same time, that difficulty presents a legitimate challenge, testing players' limits in both PvP and PvE, and requiring a lot of careful planning and memorization. It isn't for everyone, but you did say RPGs, so it's up to you.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Racing: NFS: Most Wanted is a fun racing game and highly recommended by me. Gran Turismo 5 is a car purist's wet dream but it isn't for everyone.

Action/Platformers Uncharted, God of War, Infamous and much more. Whats even better is the collection Sony has out for them. You can get 5 GOW games for $40 or Infamous and so on so forth.

RPG: Umm Too many to name actually lol. I'm assuming JRPG but I'll list some Western RGP as well. Final Fantasy from 5 to 8 I believe as the PSN has them for their PS1 classics and plus FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Eternal Sonata, Valkyrie chronicles, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass effect series, 3D Dot Hero, and much much more.

Okami is a fantabulous adventure RPG! Its HD remake just came out on the PSN, so PS3 for that one.
    Of course, Nintendo has some of the best games out there, exclusive to their consoles. Since the Wii U just came out, though, there's not any great games on it yet (there are some good launch titles, though), so I would probably hold off on it.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

Thanks for the help, everyone. I decided to buy the Infamous PS3 bundle for $200 bucks. Great deal. I'll be thinking about those games you all mentioned, even if I won't be getting them right now.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I decided to buy the Infamous PS3 bundle for $200 bucks. Great deal. I'll be thinking about those games you all mentioned, even if I won't be getting them right now.
    Enjoy, you also get Uncharted dual pack as well!

I've never played any games in the Resident Evil or Silent Hill series, although I'm thinking about trying them out. I've got a 360- which games of those series would be a good starting point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    However, both games are notorious for being brutal and unforgiving, but at the same time, that difficulty presents a legitimate challenge, testing players' limits in both PvP and PvE, and requiring a lot of careful planning and memorization. It isn't for everyone, but you did say RPGs, so it's up to you.
    Ha, I actually came in here to ask about this (in part). I'm wondering if it's really that bad- it sounds like your opinion is yes.

I've seen some videos of gameplay- the combat style reminds me of God of War. I've been able to beat God of War 1 & 2 on the hardest difficulty- given that, do you think I'd still find Dark Souls horrendouesly difficult?

Also, is there more then 1 difficulty option?

Edit: Oops, I forgot to ask what PvP and PvE mean. It looks like they're Player vs. Player and Player vs. Enemy- is this right?
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 26th November 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Ha, I actually came in here to ask about this (in part). I'm wondering if it's really that bad- it sounds like your opinion is yes.

I've seen some videos of gameplay- the combat style reminds me of God of War. I've been able to beat God of War 1 & 2 on the hardest difficulty- given that, do you think I'd still find Dark Souls horrendouesly difficult?

Also, is there more then 1 difficulty option?

Edit: Oops, I forgot to ask what PvP and PvE mean. It looks like they're Player vs. Player and Player vs. Enemy- is this right?
    Yeah, the difficulty is crushing. And I meant it as a good thing because it forces you to learn from your mistakes. No, there isn't more than one difficulty option, and yes, PvP is Player vs. Player, and PvE is Player vs. Environment.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

has anyone here played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors?
    it looks really cool but i would like someones opinion on it first.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    has anyone here played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors?
    it looks really cool but i would like someones opinion on it first.
    I'd recommend it. A few things to note though:
    -The game is a visual novel with puzzle segments, so it's mostly story.
    -You will be playing through multiple times. (The true ending can be seen in as low as two playthroughs, depending on if you got the ending required for that first.)

That said, the story is really good. It holds your attention and keeps you guessing. I'd recommend it if you want a good story.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast