Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1221

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic

I've never played any games in the Resident Evil or Silent Hill series, although I'm thinking about trying them out. I've got a 360- which games of those series would be a good starting point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    However, both games are notorious for being brutal and unforgiving, but at the same time, that difficulty presents a legitimate challenge, testing players' limits in both PvP and PvE, and requiring a lot of careful planning and memorization. It isn't for everyone, but you did say RPGs, so it's up to you.
    Ha, I actually came in here to ask about this (in part). I'm wondering if it's really that bad- it sounds like your opinion is yes.

I've seen some videos of gameplay- the combat style reminds me of God of War. I've been able to beat God of War 1 & 2 on the hardest difficulty- given that, do you think I'd still find Dark Souls horrendouesly difficult?

Also, is there more then 1 difficulty option?

Edit: Oops, I forgot to ask what PvP and PvE mean. It looks like they're Player vs. Player and Player vs. Enemy- is this right?
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 26th November 2012 at 9:09 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Ha, I actually came in here to ask about this (in part). I'm wondering if it's really that bad- it sounds like your opinion is yes.

I've seen some videos of gameplay- the combat style reminds me of God of War. I've been able to beat God of War 1 & 2 on the hardest difficulty- given that, do you think I'd still find Dark Souls horrendouesly difficult?

Also, is there more then 1 difficulty option?

Edit: Oops, I forgot to ask what PvP and PvE mean. It looks like they're Player vs. Player and Player vs. Enemy- is this right?
    Yeah, the difficulty is crushing. And I meant it as a good thing because it forces you to learn from your mistakes. No, there isn't more than one difficulty option, and yes, PvP is Player vs. Player, and PvE is Player vs. Environment.

has anyone here played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors?
    it looks really cool but i would like someones opinion on it first.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    has anyone here played 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors?
    it looks really cool but i would like someones opinion on it first.
    I'd recommend it. A few things to note though:
    -The game is a visual novel with puzzle segments, so it's mostly story.
    -You will be playing through multiple times. (The true ending can be seen in as low as two playthroughs, depending on if you got the ending required for that first.)

That said, the story is really good. It holds your attention and keeps you guessing. I'd recommend it if you want a good story.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

I want to try out COD: Modern Warfare 3 so I'm about to put it on my wishlist but I'm not sure if I should play the first two for storyline.

Does it have a storyline? Or is it really just a multiplayer FPS?

I am a nerd, sorry :P

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 1,101 eggs
    Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I want to try out COD: Modern Warfare 3 so I'm about to put it on my wishlist but I'm not sure if I should play the first two for storyline.

Ew. Seriously. No. Don't buy a Call of Duty game. All of them are literally the same game with little to no changes.

All recent CoD have the same story pretty much. One man army goes to kill terrorist or something other sort. Plus, the main story are only like 4 hours long for each game. If you want multiplayer go for it, but buying for the story simply isn't worth the money.

When I played the Modern Warfare series, I played the 2nd, then the first, then the 3rd. While playing the second, there were only a few moments when I felt like I missed something from the first. Skipping right to the third game would probably be weird though. I'd suggest you either try the first or second game, then go on to the third. And those two will be much cheaper then the 3rd, at this point.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Saints Row: The Third now, or GTA V when it's released? I don't want to pay for both.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Saints Row: The Third now, or GTA V when it's released? I don't want to pay for both.
    Dude go to THQ's humble bundle and you can get Saints Row: The Third for $7ish. Thats barely any money and just a bit more than a pre-order for GTA V.

>The link here

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Dude go to THQ's humble bundle and you can get Saints Row: The Third for $7ish. Thats barely any money and just a bit more than a pre-order for GTA V.

>The link here
    Wow, awesome! So... I could pay 10$ and get every single game on that list? Am I reading that correctly?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Wow, awesome! So... I could pay 10$ and get every single game on that list? Am I reading that correctly?
    Yes indeed. Its a humble bundle. No extra DLC though for any of the games.

Are those games only for PC? Or are they also available for other consoles?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Are those games only for PC? Or are they also available for other consoles?
    Sorry to say its only for Steam on PC. But PSN+ does give you a decent discount on most THQ games. Not under $20 or anything but you get all the DLC and stuff.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2 are both on sale on GOG. Which is the better game?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2 are both on sale on GOG. Which is the better game?
    Get both. Your decisions in The Witcher 1 will affect The Witcher 2.

Hey has anyone here played Heavy Rain? I heard it was a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrtyKitty View Post
    Hey has anyone here played Heavy Rain? I heard it was a really good game.
    Its a realistic game with QTE pretty much. So it might or might not be your cup of tea. Try out the Demo on the PSN store.

Hello! I'll be getting a PS3 later this month, and was wondering what games I should look into?
    I personally enjoy Puzzle games, action games, and adventure games if that helps any.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Hello! I'll be getting a PS3 later this month, and was wondering what games I should look into?
    I personally enjoy Puzzle games, action games, and adventure games if that helps any.
    Thanks in advance!
    Puzzle isn't my forte but action/adventure is something I love. PS3 is the best place to get it. God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, and so much more are all action/adventure games. They also have puzzles in the games, especially Uncharted.

The PSN has demos of the games I'm talking about so when you get one you should try them out and see what you like. Or you can go on youtube and see if the game fits your tastes.

I have 30 bucks in Amazon gift cards. What should I buy? Hopefully PC downloads, if at all possible.

I have 30 bucks in Amazon gift cards. What should I buy? Hopefully PC downloads, if at all possible.
    That depends on how good you are at squeezing more money out of your family or if you have other money in general; if you can get another $30-40, I'd say wait for BioShock Infinite and do that.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    That depends on how good you are at squeezing more money out of your family or if you have other money in general; if you can get another $30-40, I'd say wait for BioShock Infinite and do that.
    I can get more on my own, but I have 30 bucks in gift cards, so I wanted to use those since they're doing lots of holiday sales now.

And I want to wait for BioShock Infinite to come out, it's gotten to the point where I don't want to take the chance on it sucking.

I can get more on my own, but I have 30 bucks in gift cards, so I wanted to use those since they're doing lots of holiday sales now.

And I want to wait for BioShock Infinite to come out, it's gotten to the point where I don't want to take the chance on it sucking.
    Buy a cheap 2K game and you will get a $5 credit from Amazon. Then use that to buy one of their better games for $5 less along with your left over gift card money.

THQ and Ubisoft has some games for cheap. EA's selection sucks while Sega's is decent if you love their older games.

So I have some money and a list of games I still need to get:

Rayman Orgins
    Trauma Team
    Rune Factory (one of the wii ones, whichever is better)
    Mario and Luigi (whichever ds game I can get my hands on)
    Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
    Radiant Historia
    Digital Devil Saga (episode 2, probably will skip the first to save money)

Any titles I should prioritize above the others?

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast